Family ties

Michael Jackson's news in English. Your updated reference for Michael Jackson's news in English language from all around the world. Rumors, gossip and true facts. And a lot of Michael Jackson's beautiful pictures.
soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Re: Family ties

Messaggio da soulmum » 9 gennaio 2022, 9:20

Janet Jackson documentary coming soon.

https://www.behind-the-mask.net/article ... -stir.152/

New Teaser for Janets Two-Night Documentary Causes a Stir

Immagine

The past week or so has been a bit rocky for the fans. Janet Jackson, who is releasing a two-part documentary at the end of this month (Jan 28th) has released a teaser. Much of the teaser shows the build-up of Janets' life and career and near the end, the following clip (with images of Neverland) of Janet reads -

https://youtu.be/XK-Fm-y_0Rc

Many fans, have asked - 'What could she mean by this?' - Is there more to that statement than a simple answer? The media have jumped on this and taken it into the direction to fit their narrative. Is this just a PR stunt to build buzz for the doco in Michaels name? Was it just a clever edit? Who knows.

The trailer also reveals many of the artists who were interviewed for the documentary: Missy Elliott, Janelle Monae (who also inducted Janet into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame), Whoopi Goldberg, Samuel L. Jackson, Mariah Carey, Teyana Taylor, Tyler Perry, and many more. “For her to want to open up, I’m flabbergasted,” Q-Tip says of the documentary.

Janet also features exclusive interviews and never-before-seen footage from throughout Jackson’s childhood and career, with the documentary taking her back to her hometown of Gary, Indiana to her independence with Rhythm Nation, from her Super Bowl wardrobe malfunction to her close relationship with her late brother Michael, who she simply refers to as “Mike.”

Immagine

The four-hour Janet, which was “five years in the making,” was executive produced by both Janet and her brother Randy Jackson, and directed by Ben Hirsch. The documentary arrives on what marks the 40th anniversary of Jackson’s 1982 self-titled debut LP.

In Janets book released in 2011 - She speaks fondly of Michael -

My spirit of generosity and selflessness also depend on faith. I'm grateful for the comfort that my work provides. I'm grateful for the privileged life that I lead. But I realize that it's the spiritual life that sustains, that nourishes us. In the early morning hours, when I read my Bible, when I pray, when I talk to Jesus. I'm no longer haunted by remorse. I know that the mistakes I've made are in the past; they're gone, forgiven, and no longer cause for guilt or shame. I'm looking forward, not behind. Yet as my life goes forward, part of my past remains eternally present. In dedicating this book to my brother Mike, I want to pay tribute to his beautiful spirit. Not a day goes by that I don't think of him, his smile, his laugh, those little private jokes between us. He taught me so much. We were as close as close can be. It's still difficult to speak of him, still difficult to realize that he's gone. I can only look at his photos when we were kids. I turn off the TV or radio when anything about him is discussed. As I said on the BET Awards show, "To you, Michael is an icon. To us. Michael is family." Our family is focused on the brother, the son, the father, the uncle, the loving soul. I focused on him on July 2, 2010, when, for the first time in two years, I gave a full concert. It was at the Essence Music Festival in New Orleans, a city that had been the scene of so much bravery in the face of tragic loss. I dedicated my closing song, "Together Again," to Mike. Friends said that there wasn't a dry eye among the more than thirty thousand folks in the audience. I know my eyes were wet with tears when I sang these words, thinking of the joy my brother brought into my life and the lives of millions..

Everywhere I go
Every smile I see
I know you are there
Smiling back at me
Dancing in the moonlight
I know you are free
Because I can see your star
Shining Down On Me

- Janet Jackson, 'True You' - 2011.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 16 gennaio 2022, 8:16

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 25 gennaio 2022, 8:24

As always the gutter press is putting a negative slant on Janet's documentary regarding her brother. Something as simple as 'sibling fun' is made to look like he was bullying her. I despair sometimes.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... eight.html

Janet Jackson claims her brother Michael called her a 'PIG' and teased her about her weight: Singer admits she's an emotional eater and that his taunts 'hurt' and 'affected her'
A new documentary about Janet Jackson, 55, is lifting the lid on the singer's extraordinary life and talent
Filmed over the course of five years, the documentary will air on Lifetime and A&E on January 28 and 29
Jackson reveals that her brother Michael, who died in 2009 aged 50, teased her about her weight as a child, calling her 'pig' and 'cow'
The Indiana-born singer is known for her weight fluctuations, and in 2011 became a spokesman for the diet company Nutrisystem
She opened up about allegations of child sex abuse made against her brother, saying she was shocked and devastated, and lost out on a big contract
Jackson also claimed the family tried to stage an intervention, and go back on tour all together, but he was uninterested
By HARRIET ALEXANDER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 03:17 GMT, 25 January 2022 |

Janet Jackson has claimed that her brother Michael bullied her over her weight, even calling her a 'pig' when they were children.

The 55-year-old, whose weight has fluctuated throughout her decades in the spotlight, spoke of her brother's cruelty in a new documentary.

The four-part docu-series, which was shot over the course of five years, coincides with the 40th anniversary of her first album and features never-before-seen archive footage from her childhood as well as home videos of her recent years as a mother to son, Eissa Al Mana, five.

In it, she claims her superstar brother could be cruel and would fat shame her when they were young.

'There were times when Mike used to tease me and call me names. 'Pig, horse, slut, or hog, cow,'' she said.

'He would laugh about it and I'd laugh too, but then there was some­where down inside that it would hurt.

'When you have somebody say you're too heavy, it affects you.

Immagine

Jackson said her issues with her weight began when she landed the role in 1970s sitcom Good Times.

Jackson, then 11, joined the cast during the show's fifth season as Penny - a young girl whom Willona adopts after she's abandoned by her abusive mother.

'I'm an emotional eater, so when I get stressed or something is really bothering me, it comforts me.

'I did Good Times and that's the beginning of having weight issues and the way I looked at myself.

'I was developing at a very young age and I started getting a chest and they would bind it so I would look more flat-chested.'

Asked if being in the public eye created the issue, she replied: 'I probably would have wound up not having a problem.'

Immagine
In her 2011 book True You, she wrote about self-image issues, documenting a period in 2006 when she put on weight for a movie and ballooned to 180lbs, only to become fodder for fat jokes in the tabloid press.

'Your body gets used to different exercises, and I've been performing for so long that my body's just used to it. Actually, I have to work a little harder while doing a show,' she told Reuters at the time.

Weight gain, she said 'is something I've dealt with my entire life,' and in 2011 she became a 'face' of diet company Nutrisystem.

In January 2017 she gave birth to her son with husband Wissam Al Mana, a Qatari billionaire businessman, and then embarked on a grueling health and fitness kick that saw her lose 70lbs.

She and Al Mana, her third husband, divorced later that year.

She was married from 1984-5 to singer James DeBarge, and from 1991-2000 to dancer Rene Elizondo Jr. From 2002-9 she was in a relationship with producer and rapper Jermaine Dupri.

'I haven't given up on love,' she told the documentary makers.

'I feel it's more difficult being in the public eye and looking for love.

'A healthy relationship would be nice for me in the future.'

Jackson said that she and her brother, who died in 2009 aged 50, drifted apart as they grew older.

When he was first accused of child sex abuse in 1993, by 13-year-old Jordan Chandler, who alleged the singer molested him at his Neverland ranch in California, Jackson said she was devastated - and angry at the personal cost to her.

'It was frustrating for me,' she said.

'We have our own separate lives and even though he's my brother, that has nothing to do with me.

'But I wanted to be there for him, to support him as much as I possibly could.'

The lawsuit was settled in January 1994 with a $23 million payout to the Chandlers.

'Michael wound up giving money to the family. He just wanted it to go away, but that looks like you're guilty,' said Jackson.

She said she was at the time about to sign a deal with Coca-Cola, in what would have been the biggest brand deal of her career.

But it was derailed by the allegations.

'When that came out, Coca-Cola said, 'No, thank you'. Guilty by association. That's what they call it, right?'

She and Michael later attacked the coverage of the allegations against him in their 1995 single Scream.

'It was his song and I was there to support him,' she said.

But she claimed she was frozen out by his team.

'Michael shot nights, I shot days. His record company would block off his set so I couldn't see what was going on. They didn't want me on set.

'I felt like they were trying to make it very competitive between the two of us.

'That really hurt me because I felt I was there fighting the fight with him, not to battle him.

'I wanted it to feel like old times between he and I, and it didn't. Old times had long passed.'

A few years later her family tried to stage an intervention in his life at his Las Vegas home, with his brothers from The Jackson 5, but he refused to listen.

'I said, 'We wanted to talk about you guys going on tour again and if you guys would do that as brothers. I would be honored to open for you'.

'He didn't have much to say, he was standoffish. I was really upset.

'My family chartered a private jet and they came for an intervention. It was a way of us getting close again and he wasn't having it.'

She said the divisions had begun decades ago, when he released Thriller, in 1982.

'It was Thriller, that's when it all started to change,' she said.

'I remember really loving the Thriller album but for the first time in my life I felt it was different between us, a shift was happening.

'That's the time Mike and I started going our separate ways. He just wasn't as fun as he used to be.'

Immagine

Jackson, who has had 10 US number one hits, and estimated global record sales totaling 100 million, said that her family name has both helped and hindered her.

'I am thankful because it has opened a great deal of doors for me, having that name,' she said.

'And at the same time there's a great deal of scrutiny which comes with having that last name, a certain expectation.

'I wanted my own identity, I didn't want people to pick up this body of music because of my last name.'

In the documentary she discussed at length her controlling and at times abusive father Joe, who died in 2018 aged 89.

'Growing up, I didn't experience my father the way I wanted to. You never knew what mood he was in — whether he was in a playful mood. But the way he played wasn't even funny.

'My father used to wake us up sometimes by putting matches between our toes and lighting them. He could be very mean at times.'

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 25 gennaio 2022, 11:29

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 25 gennaio 2022, 21:13

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 gennaio 2022, 7:52

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 gennaio 2022, 8:55

Michael Jackson's Youngest Son Gives RARE Interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ9tOCJWP3w

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 28 gennaio 2022, 8:28

https://www.showbiz411.com/2022/01/27/r ... ocumentary

Review: Janet Jackson Finally Reveals the Story of Her “Secret” Child in Disarming, Well Told Documentary

by Roger Friedman - January 27, 2022 3:05 pm

Janet Jackson — if you didn’t already love her, you really will after you watch the A&E documentary set for Friday and Saturday night.

The doc is in four parts, two parts each night. The press only received the Friday pieces. I think they’re holding the Saturday stuff for real time review because it includes info about the Justin Timberlake Super Bowl wardrobe malfunction.

The real meat of the Friday night episodes is all about Janet’s private life– her first two marriages, and the story of her “secret” child.

No surprise here: there was no secret child. But rumors have always followed Janet that she gave birth to a child fathered by first husband James DeBarge. It wasn’t true, Janet assures us, and so does her sister Rebbie (pronounced Reebie).

What we do get from the Friday night segments are Janet unplugged, especially candid about her late father, Joseph, who was physically abusive and “mean” to all the kids. He drove them to stardom by being unsparing. Eventually they all left him, and he spent the rest of his life trying to get back in. In rare home videos and long unseen interviews, the look of unhappiness on all the kids’ faces when they were young and his sway is shocking. It’s no wonder things worked out so badly for Michael, and for many of the others.

Janet says she really didn’t want to be a performer or singer. She says she wanted to go to Pepperdine University and study business law. Her father simply told her that wasn’t happening, and she would go straight in the family business.

What’s clear if you know the Jacksons’ story is that Janet wanted to get out that house in Encino ASAP. Sister Rebbie left at 18 to get married and have kids. Janet was trapped by the business. But she did a similar thing. At 16, she married James DeBarge to get away from her father. The problem, she says, was that DeBarge was using drugs starting on their honeymoon when he disappeared on the first night. It only got worse from there. And as she she indicates tearfully, she was really in love with him. Their marriage only lasted a year. (I don’t know why anyone thought she could have fit a pregnancy and childbirth in there, too.)

Janet’s second marriage, to Rene Elizondo Jr, is in the second part of Friday’s showing. We won’t find out until Saturday why that marriage fell apart, but it’s interesting that both of the marriages had elopements or secret weddings. Janet wanted to make sure her father didn’t derail her plans. The second part on Friday night also chronicles the making of her “Control” album with the ever affable Jimmy Jam Harris and Terry Lewis. So far unmentioned in this part of the saga is John McClain, a family friend who was working at A&M Records and guided Janet’s recording career. He is now the co-executor of Michael Jackson’s estate.

As far as Michael Jackson goes, there’s some nice home movie footage. Janet concedes that their close relationship fractured after “Thriller.” And Michael was not much help in launching her career. Indeed, Michael– as Bob Jones outlined in his book (whether fans like it or not) — did not want his brothers and sisters to succeed. That Janet did is really her greatest triumph.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 7 febbraio 2022, 8:03

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 febbraio 2022, 10:58

https://people.com/music/tj-jackson-rem ... re-article

Tito Joe 'TJ' Jackson Remembers How Grandmother Stepped Up After Mom's Murder: 'A Place of Safety and Stability'
Michael and Janet Jackson's musician nephew calls his grandmother Katherine Jackson, 91, "the maternal figure I needed from that point on"
By Jeremy Helligar
February 08, 2022

When Michael Jackson died at age 50 in 2009, it wasn't the first time his nephew Tito Joe "TJ" Jackson had to live through the tragic passing of a close family member under mysterious circumstances.

TJ was just 16 when his 39-year-old mother, Dolores "Dee Dee" Martes-Jackson, was found dead in her boyfriend's swimming pool, in a case that, like Michael's, was eventually ruled a homicide. In true Jackson family fashion, the other women in TJ's life — aunts Rebbie, Latoya and Janet, and especially his grandmother Katherine — helped fill the void left by the loss of his mom.

"I always say to my grandmother that she was the maternal figure I needed from that point on," TJ, 43, a musician who is currently working on his first solo album, tells PEOPLE. "That kept me straight and kept me focused and kept me on the path of a great life. She was that one constant that was always there."
Katherine Jackson helped teach TJ and his two older brothers, Taj, 48, and Taryll, 46, the importance of family. (Their father is Tito Jackson, 68, who split from TJ's mom in 1993 after 21 years of marriage.) He was very close to his "Uncle Michael," and TJ was 8 years old when he and his brothers appeared in the video of their aunt Janet Jackson's 1986 single "When I Think of You," her first No 1 on Billboard's Hot 100.

By then, the three brothers already had visions of being music superstars in their own right — just like their dad and uncles, who hit the music scene in 1969 as The Jackson 5 and quickly racked up four consecutive No. 1 hits, including "I Want You Back" and "ABC." Early on, the trio was offered a deal from Motown Records, the label that launched the Jackson 5, but they decided to follow Michael's advice to "enjoy your youth," and turned it down.

"We were chomping at the bit for like three, four years to release music," TJ says. "So we actually held back, but looking back, I'm happy and proud of it because I did get to experience my youth and not have to go from show to show at 12, 13 years old. It all worked out in the end."

Indeed, in 1995, calling themselves 3T and signed to Michael's MJJ Records, the siblings released their debut album, Brotherhood. It spawned the single "Anything," which went to No. 15 on Billboard's Hot 100 and No. 2 in the U.K., where the album produced four other big hits over two years. They were so popular in Europe that in 1996, they were the biggest-selling group there, after Spice Girls. TJ still remembers 3T's first headlining show at Wembley Arena in London — as much for the reaction of their family as for the experience itself.

"My grandmother told us that my grandfather was crying, and just me thinking about my grandfather, Joe Jackson, crying — it's something I can't even think of. She asked him, 'Why are you crying?' He said, 'We've come a long way.' That is so powerful. There was just a lot of pride."

For all that pride, the boys still weren't quite satisfied with their accomplishments. "We were struggling because we're like, 'We're not there yet. You know, we're not there,'" TJ admits. "Michael was doing stadiums and Janet was breaking records. What were we doing? We were getting in the top five, but we weren't at number one like we were supposed to be."

It was the family's biggest star, the King of Pop who by then had been the biggest thing in music for more than a decade, who tried to teach them the value of patience.

"I remember my Uncle Michael was like, 'Slow down, slow down. You guys are doing so well. Be proud of it. Appreciate it,'" TJ remembers. "We couldn't. And looking back again, he was right. You got to appreciate those moments."

Now that he's older and wiser with less to prove, TJ is finally embracing the advice Uncle Michael gave him all those years ago. As he embarks on a solo career, he's still looking to his 91-year-old grandmother, Katherine Jackson, for guidance when it comes to navigating the treacherous waters of the music industry and everyday life.

"There are many maternal figures in my life," TJ says. "But it was the unspoken language, the connectivity to this world from my grandmother, that I really felt I needed [after my mother died] and still receive. There's no love like it."

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 19 febbraio 2022, 7:56

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 febbraio 2022, 10:03

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 marzo 2022, 7:46

Paris Jackson with her auntie Janet Jackson

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 8 aprile 2022, 9:22

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 aprile 2022, 8:25

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 16 maggio 2022, 9:18

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 27 giugno 2022, 22:31

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 12 luglio 2022, 11:41

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 luglio 2022, 10:19

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 14 luglio 2022, 9:24

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 17 luglio 2022, 10:54

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 luglio 2022, 9:30

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 5 agosto 2022, 9:44

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 8 agosto 2022, 11:57

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 9 agosto 2022, 8:59

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 4 settembre 2022, 9:33

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 settembre 2022, 9:12

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 ottobre 2022, 9:42

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 8 novembre 2022, 8:11

Prince & Taj Jackson Talk Legendary History, Humanitarian Efforts, Musical History

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUBnrl2l_LM

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 11 marzo 2023, 10:15

https://www.mjvibe.com/michael-jackson- ... e-jackson/

Michael Jackson Estate demand of transaction objected by Katherine Jackson

By
Admin Team
March 11, 2023

If you recall, at the end of last year we talked about The Michael Jackson Estate filed a petition seeking approval of a business transaction.

To recap, in their motion, Branca and McClain asked the court to approve a “proposed transaction.” They said they “now have an opportunity which they believe is to the substantial advantage of the Estate and in the best interest of the beneficiaries.”

The executors filed the details of the deal under seal. However, they noted, “The executors believe they have the power and authority to enter into the Proposed Transaction pursuant to the Order Authorizing Operation of the MJJ Business as the Proposed Transaction is within and in furtherance of the operation of the MJJ Business, as well under Michael Jackson’s will.”

But Katherine Jackson and her lawyer just filed a confidential objection to the request.

Katherine asked that her motion be sealed by the court because it “contains sensitive information regarding Ms. Jackson’s family and private life.”

Her lawyer argued that if the filing was made public it would lead to this “sensitive information being widely disseminated in the media.” Further, he said, “Because of Michael’s fame, his surviving family remains in the public eye, facing intense media scrutiny. The family’s affairs are reported in tabloids and spread across the internet.”

Katherine then filed a 7-page objection under seal.

Back in November, we speculated that this was maybe about the Biopic but as the Biopic is underway and all agreed, this is clearly not the case here. We can only think of one “transaction” that the Estate is filing for and that recently made the news: the sale of Michael Jackson Catalog.

And if this is the case, it is clear that the family doesn’t want the catalog to be sold.

As all court documents are sealed from both parties, it is hard to know the exact terms of the “transaction” and what it is.

To be continued…

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 18 marzo 2023, 9:28

“We again, were going to get back together, we spent four more years after we’d divorced getting back together and breaking up and talking about getting back together and breaking up.” 🕊
- Lisa Marie Presley

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 27 marzo 2023, 9:58

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 16 maggio 2023, 11:41

In 1977, The Jacksons were appearing in concert that night and had just visited the big southern R&B radio station, WDIA in Memphis, Tennessee. Michael Jackson and his brothers were eager to please their fans, and that would mean going out into the community to sign autographs. So WDIA planned a remote broadcast at a Woolco in the Southgate Mall on South Third.
Although Woolco was selling the Jacksons recordings, the store manager had never heard of the group. As a result, no one at this particular Woolco had anticipated what would happen when they opened the store doors even though the store was actually selling tons of their records. Of course, hundreds, then thousands of fans rushed to meet the young pop icons. One estimate is that at least 10,000 people had been waiting in the parking lot to see the group.
Those in charge of WDIA officials decided to put the Jacksons on the roof for everyone's safety. Up there, Michael and his fans waved and tossed autographs into the crowd. People shouted one name: MICHAEL! MICHAEL! MICHAEL!
Many of the fans were angry that they hadn't had a chance to get close to the group. The huge crowd gathered in a storm and people began looting the Woolco store, leaving it completely clean. The store was destroyed. Ultimately, the Jackson family paid for the damages.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 maggio 2023, 8:03

Michael Jackson’s 93-year-old mother Katherine is not backing down from her fight with the executors in charge of her late son’s estate and accusing them of keeping her in the dark about deals until the last minute.
According to court documents, Katherine accused the executors, John Branca and John McClain, of failing to inform her of a substantial deal while they were negotiating it. Instead, she said they told her about it when they brought a petition in court asking a judge to sign off on it.
As reported last year, Branca and McClain asked the court for approval to enter into a lucrative transaction with a third party. The executors have been in charge of Michael’s estate ever since his death in 2009.
The beneficiaries of the estate are Michael’s children: Paris, Prince and Blanket. The entertainer’s will had a provision that instructed his team to take care of Katherine for the remainder of her life.
A couple of months after the executors presented the deal, Katherine filed an official objection to the proposal. Her filing was kept under seal which hid her arguments opposing the transaction.
Branca and McClain fought back against Katherine claiming they had saved Michael’s estate from ruin.
“The Estate was teetering on the verge of collapse, with more than $400 million in debt that encumbered Michael’s most significant assets and little or no liquidity or means to service that debt. Through creative thinking, hard work and business savvy and, of course, Michael’s extraordinary creative legacy the Executors transformed the MJJ Business into a profitable enterprise,” the executors said.
Branca and McClain accused Katherine of previously objecting to deals that turned out to be uber-profitable for the estate. The judge ended up siding with the estate and approved the deal. However, Katherine has appealed the decision and is still fighting to block it.
The estate recently said the appeal could ruin the entire deal. They argued the offer could be taken off the table if they wait too long — pointing out that an appeal could take a year to resolve. All signs point to the deal in question being the sale of Michael's music catalog. Sources said the estate has a potential deal worth $800 million.
In a newly filed document, Katherine said the estate’s argument is purely speculative. She argued they have no idea if the deal would be gone or not once the appeal is handled.
Further, her lawyer said, “the Executors present a parade of horribles that will allegedly occur if Katherine is allowed to exercise her constitutional right of appeal, but a great deal of what they say is based upon assumptions, speculation or factual assertions that were not presented at trial.”
Katherine argued that the executors should have brought the deal to the beneficiaries before taking it to the court.
She argued the executors should determine in “advance whether the beneficiaries (“the people the executors are supposed to be representing”) are interested in pursuing whatever transaction the Executors believe should be pursued.”
She said Michael’s children and her all live in Los Angeles and are “obviously available for discussions. As the ultimate owners of all these assets, they should be consulted before the Executors seek to sell some of all of their unique inheritance.”
Katherine said the beneficiaries “are the only people who will inherit any of these assets, and they would be well within their rights to decide that they have enough money for themselves and their heirs to live on.”
Michael’s mother said she was “not consulted about this transaction at any time before she was served with a petition for its approval. At her first reasonable opportunity, she let her wishes be known.”
Katherine demanded her appeal move forward and the executors not be allowed to move forward with the deal.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 27 maggio 2023, 10:17

Rispondi