Honour MJ Campaign

Michael Jackson's news in English. Your updated reference for Michael Jackson's news in English language from all around the world. Rumors, gossip and true facts. And a lot of Michael Jackson's beautiful pictures.
Rispondi
soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Re: Honour MJ Campaign

Messaggio da soulmum » 8 agosto 2020, 11:46

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 agosto 2020, 10:36

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 agosto 2020, 21:59

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 14 agosto 2020, 13:23

“I think he was an angel that was sent to us, and I think that we might have to reflect on how well we took care of him. People like to say ‘oh people around him were bad and they didn’t do right by him’ but I think it’s a collective too because I don’t know the last time and I can’t remember any other artist that attracted that much energy and projected that much power. That was that creative, and affected so many people … was such a diplomat for America and a champion for the American culture and African-American people, worldwide. You know, people wanted to move to America because of Michael Jackson, industry changed, music industry changed because of Michael Jackson, that’s a gift to us and you know, I’m concerned that the good Lord may not send another one because maybe we didn’t take good care of him. That’s just me. (...)"
“It’s a great loss for us and I just hope and pray that the creator, whatever you believe in, still holds us in favor to send us another angel like that. Because if not, we may have lost more than just a man."
“It must be something very special to send a man like that down. He influenced so many different people, so many different industries, politics, science, music, art … and then to be taken away? Maybe we didn’t take good care of him.” #WesleySnipes
:sad:

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 18 agosto 2020, 15:20

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment ... songs-kids

Michael Jackson: TERRIBLE reason WHY King of Pop was going to die young
MICHAEL JACKSON broke the hearts of his countless fans when he tragically passed away in 2009. Although his death was a complete surprise to the onlookers of the world, hitmaker Gloria Estefan has now revealed how she "knew" the King of Pop was going to die.
By CALLUM CRUMLISH
PUBLISHED: 08:34, Tue, Aug 18, 2020

Michael Jackson fans are continuing the star's legacy as best they can. Whether it is through fan sites, or simply continuing to listen to his music, Jackson's mark on the planet has certainly been made. It is sad, then, to think of how much he would have been able to achieve if his life was not so tragically lost back in 2009.

Fans are still saddened over the loss of the King of Pop, as he died during preparation for his biggest tour yet - This Is It.

Many of them did find solace in the fact that, considering the means in which Jackson died, nobody could have seen it coming.

Despite this, pop star icon Gloria Estefan has now spoken out about Jackson, his legacy, and how she always felt like he was going to die young.

The star recently had an interview where she spoke about her extensive career, and indeed about the stars who have, sadly, not made it.

Immagine

Going on to talk about Whitney Houston, George Michael, and indeed Michael Jackson, Estefan told The Mirror: "Fame is a tricky thing.

"I feel very sad for them. I’m sure they would have had a lot more to give.

"I mean Whitney died right on the heels of the success of her comeback movie, Sparkle. That was going to be phenomenal."

Going on to talk about Jackson himself, she explained she felt he had a harrowing fate from the start.

Immagine

"Michael, poor thing," she continued. "He was doomed.

"I never thought he was going to make it to 50."

Despite this, Estefan did go on to praise the incredible star for his work.

"God knows he had his problems," she continued. "But as an artist, no one will top him. Never. But that level of fame is terrible."

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 18 agosto 2020, 22:11

“The more I watched him, the more I loved him'' Rushka Bergman re: Micheal Jackson

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 19 agosto 2020, 10:40

'Oh God!.That boy moves in a very exceptional way.That's the greatest dancer of the century. I didn't want to leave this world without knowing who my descendant was. Thank you Michael. " - Fred Astaire

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 agosto 2020, 17:07

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 23 agosto 2020, 7:42

"I really don’t think this world was ready for the kind of person Michael was. You know what I’m saying? He was love. That’s all he knew. He loved children because children are innocent, they’re not tainted, and they don’t judge you, they don’t want anything from you. And that’s why he felt comfortable being around children." #StephanieMills

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 agosto 2020, 12:11

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 27 agosto 2020, 9:44

santikapowski Rainbow flag
@santikapowski

"I used to tease him and I would say, 'You know, I started when I was 11 months old, you slacker. You were what, 5?'. Both of us needed to be adults very early, but when we were together, we were two little kids having fun." - Brooke Shields.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 27 agosto 2020, 22:10

@MarinaaIvanova
A thousand years from now when the history of popular music is examined, no single performer will be as remembered and as celebrated as Michael Jackson~Prince Albert
WMA 2000 May 10, Monaco, MJ received the 'Male Artist Of The Millennium' award
Immagine

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 28 agosto 2020, 21:03

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 31 agosto 2020, 9:55

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 1 settembre 2020, 9:42

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 2 settembre 2020, 13:36

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 4 settembre 2020, 11:28

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 4 settembre 2020, 14:36

“It was a strange feeling, being in there. This was my first time just being alone with him, talking to him. I’ve been around a lot of different celebrities. But this was Michael Jackson. This was the man that’s done everything, been everywhere. It’s like, I’ve never met the pope, but I figured this might be what it feels like. You’d get tongue-tied. You’d go to address him and you almost wanted to say, “Yes, your Highness!” The first time I met him, I didn’t know whether I should bow down or shake his hand like a normal person. That’s just how it felt. It took me a while to not be nervous around him.” #BillWhitfield, MJ’s bodyguard

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 4 settembre 2020, 14:41

"The more I watched him the more I loved him. He was simply magic. He was the most noble person in the world. No man on Earth can compare to his inner and outer beauty. I met so many stars, talked to them, worked with them, but no one was even close to Michael’s charisma. (...)" #RuskaBergman

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 6 settembre 2020, 9:47

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 9 settembre 2020, 9:44

“He is magic. And I think all truly magical people have to have that genuine eccentricity. He is one of the most loving, sweet, true people I have ever loved. He is part of my heart. And we would do anything for each other.” #ElizabethTaylor

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 9 settembre 2020, 10:29

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 settembre 2020, 8:39

“I don’t think we’ll find a person as talented, a person who thought the way he thought. A person with the heart that Michael had. People aren’t that way anymore. He was special. He wasn’t God, but he was certainly godlike. He was the closest thing to a God that I knew.” #LaToyaJackson, Michael´s sister

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 settembre 2020, 11:34

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 settembre 2020, 11:51

:sad:

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 14 settembre 2020, 9:24

LaVelle Smith Jr. is with Michael Jackson.

And the second prank was with Muscles, the snake. He said: "Close your eyes again, LaVelle" and then he took that GIANT and COLD reptile on my shoulders. Again, I wasn't scared until... that snake put that CRAZY TONGUE in my ear!!! Then I was scared. I screamed: "Michael, get that snake away from here!". I swear for God: he was on his knees laughing loud. LOUDER! I begged him again and he took the snake off... But yeah, snakes are cool (and cold) but not in your ear!

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 16 settembre 2020, 21:20

"Michael believed in magic. He believed that we could change the world, and he had such unconditional love that when you were around him,you couldn't help but believe it too." - Kellie Parker

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 17 settembre 2020, 15:34

https://www.smoothradio.com/artists/mic ... ath-video/
Michael Jackson's mind-blowing last performance 48 hours before his death - watch video
16 September 2020, 16:08

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 18 settembre 2020, 13:20

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 settembre 2020, 21:46

Denkmal-fuer-Michael-Jackson is at MJ's Legacy Memorial Munich Help The Children.
· Munich, Germany ·
20.09.2020 #MichaelJackson Memorial Munich
Bei herrlichem Sonnenschein habe ich das Denkmal rundherum geputzt, Batterien in den Lichterketten und Laternen erne… See More
20.09.2020 #MichaelJackson Memorial Munich
In beautiful sunshine, I cleaned the monument all around, renewed batteries in the lights and lanterns, brought lots of new lights for Michael and had lots of nice conversations with visitors and groups from all over the world... It's well attended again
Many greetings from Munich
MJ's Legacy e.V.
Nena & Team

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 settembre 2020, 11:51

Jodie Marsh
@JodieMarsh

Literally the perfect night in. Watching a Michael Jackson concert while cuddling the cats. We’ve been binge watching all the concerts. Billy is now as obsessed as me

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 29 settembre 2020, 9:10

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 29 settembre 2020, 21:06

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 1 ottobre 2020, 19:58

Mourad Mesellaty

#StoryOfTheDay...Todd Gray, photographer and author of "Before He Was King," a tabletop book which documents the years he spent touring with The Jacksons from 1979 to 1983.
"In 1979, after graduating high school I headed to art school. At 17,
I had already been published in Life magazine and was on tour with The Rolling Stones. By that time I had a really good portfolio of music concert images and CBS records...I received a call to photograph the group The Jacksons for their performances on "American Band Stand" and "Soul Train." When I showed up and went to their dressing room there were all of these people buzzing around Michael Jackson. I'll admit that I felt a little intimidated and immediately thought, I need to stay away from that situation. One thing I've learned is that you never want to get to close to the power because you might get burned, so I stepped back and kept my distance from Michael, but his brothers and I both went to Fairfax High School and that opened up conversation with Tito and Jackie and I was about the same age as them so we begin shooting the breeze. Later on, I started hanging out with Marlon and Jackie, but still decided to leave Michael alone.
It was obvious that Michael had the juice and everybody was attracted to it, including record executives, radio, just everybody, they weren't just following him, they were anchored to Michael. Again, I made a conscious decision not to socialize in that circle because I knew I was out of my league. That was a constant scenario, but Michael was dutiful and always had his management team and publicist by his side because Michael was genuinely shy introvert who was in the most public of professions, so he always kept a safeguard of record execs that would deflect for him and if anyone needed to get through to him they had to go through the label made filter. Mike had a game face and would speak few words in a soft voice and if someone from the media or elsewhere was making a request of him, he would whisper in one of his handlers ears who would then relay whatever message needed to be shared with that person. Michael did this because he didn't like confrontation and didn't want to offend or hurt anyone's feelings. Still his voice was not as soft as the one he often used in public, so I think Michael was also a little guarded. When I was on the road with them documenting, Michael was really critical of their performances and would talk about how they could improve their performances and he always did it in this soft voice. But make no mistake, when Michael spoke the buck stopped.
Once Michael was just surrounded by his family and friends he became the playful, trickster and jokester. Sometimes he'd call me up, disguise his voice, make up a name and ask me to do something foolish. He could mimic a variety of voices and played many pranks on me. One time I took pictures of him while he was in bed because he was late for a meeting I'd set up and wouldn't get up. He was like, "Todd, I'm gonna get you for that!" And he did. I'd forgotten all about what happened while he was performing one night and he'd told me to stand in a specific spot to take photos of him when he began singing that song. I did as I was instructed. So right before I go to take my position, Michael drops to his back and starts saying, "Help me, help me! I need some woman to touch me!" and every woman in that place collapsed on me. I was between them and Michael and I couldn't even get one shot in and he gave me this look like, I got you. Afterwards, I said you think you're so cute, and he says, "What do you mean, Todd?" I'm like, Mike that hurt; those people were crushing me and all he said: "Todd, the spirit just takes me sometimes and the spirit just took me." That's when I knew that was payback and that was the last time I stepped out of line with him (Laughs.)
This man was such an enigma. I have never met anyone who is both exhibiting the quality of mature adult wisdom because he was wise in many ways and ye exhibit qualities of child. Michael was authentically a child. Try as I might, I could not resolve those two polar opposites in the same body. We went to Disney land a couple of times and sitting next to him in a rollercoaster Michael's screaming and I'm just as giddy and screaming and letting my child out without reigning it back in. I have to thank him for that. He made it okay to be a child around him and that was everyone in his camp, we all became childlike. Michael would create that air and space and you'd simply enter into it before you even realized it. Initially, I was resistant and had a professional attitude, but I realized he was more comfortable when I was playful and he could relate to me on that level. What was great about hanging with Michael is that I was allowed to escape by removing my own mask of adulthood and nurture my inner child.
When I first met him I brushed him off mentally, thinking he's a lightweight, a kid, but I realized he's a sharp cookie and had to give him his intellectual due. Some experts believe that you stimulate your creative intellect by connecting with your inner child and let go of cultural constraints. You become a clear conduit of creativity because you are relaxed and the ideas will eventually come. Michael wouldn't restrict himself and would go back and have this generative process and gain new and fresh insight. I remember I was doing a cover assignment for Time magazine and Michael was sitting in his home theater and had his legs propped up on the chair and I noticed that he had on two color socks and I said, "Mike, you hhttps://scontent-lhr8-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/120533380_2730642593930842_2513002747704970382_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=n-dkl-H64VUAX_TeeMe&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=78be085a08501cacab90461fe52f80b0&oe=5F99B5B4ave on two different color socks." Now, this was when Thriller was taking off and Mike's confidence was at its highest. He said, "I know, take the picture." And I said, "But, Mike, they're going to talk about you." And he replied with a raised brow: "I know, Todd. Take the picture." I knew then that I had been put back in employee mode and was no longer his friend. In that moment, it hit me that Michael had already begun to create his larger-than-life persona. And he was right, everyone talked about it." #ToddGray

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 1 ottobre 2020, 20:02

Mourad Mesellaty

#StoryOfTheDay...Todd Gray, photographer and author of "Before He Was King," a tabletop book which documents the years he spent touring with The Jacksons from 1979 to 1983.
"In 1979, after graduating high school I headed to art school. At 17,
I had already been published in Life magazine and was on tour with The Rolling Stones. By that time I had a really good portfolio of music concert images and CBS records...I received a call to photograph the group The Jacksons for their performances on "American Band Stand" and "Soul Train." When I showed up and went to their dressing room there were all of these people buzzing around Michael Jackson. I'll admit that I felt a little intimidated and immediately thought, I need to stay away from that situation. One thing I've learned is that you never want to get to close to the power because you might get burned, so I stepped back and kept my distance from Michael, but his brothers and I both went to Fairfax High School and that opened up conversation with Tito and Jackie and I was about the same age as them so we begin shooting the breeze. Later on, I started hanging out with Marlon and Jackie, but still decided to leave Michael alone.
It was obvious that Michael had the juice and everybody was attracted to it, including record executives, radio, just everybody, they weren't just following him, they were anchored to Michael. Again, I made a conscious decision not to socialize in that circle because I knew I was out of my league. That was a constant scenario, but Michael was dutiful and always had his management team and publicist by his side because Michael was genuinely shy introvert who was in the most public of professions, so he always kept a safeguard of record execs that would deflect for him and if anyone needed to get through to him they had to go through the label made filter. Mike had a game face and would speak few words in a soft voice and if someone from the media or elsewhere was making a request of him, he would whisper in one of his handlers ears who would then relay whatever message needed to be shared with that person. Michael did this because he didn't like confrontation and didn't want to offend or hurt anyone's feelings. Still his voice was not as soft as the one he often used in public, so I think Michael was also a little guarded. When I was on the road with them documenting, Michael was really critical of their performances and would talk about how they could improve their performances and he always did it in this soft voice. But make no mistake, when Michael spoke the buck stopped.
Once Michael was just surrounded by his family and friends he became the playful, trickster and jokester. Sometimes he'd call me up, disguise his voice, make up a name and ask me to do something foolish. He could mimic a variety of voices and played many pranks on me. One time I took pictures of him while he was in bed because he was late for a meeting I'd set up and wouldn't get up. He was like, "Todd, I'm gonna get you for that!" And he did. I'd forgotten all about what happened while he was performing one night and he'd told me to stand in a specific spot to take photos of him when he began singing that song. I did as I was instructed. So right before I go to take my position, Michael drops to his back and starts saying, "Help me, help me! I need some woman to touch me!" and every woman in that place collapsed on me. I was between them and Michael and I couldn't even get one shot in and he gave me this look like, I got you. Afterwards, I said you think you're so cute, and he says, "What do you mean, Todd?" I'm like, Mike that hurt; those people were crushing me and all he said: "Todd, the spirit just takes me sometimes and the spirit just took me." That's when I knew that was payback and that was the last time I stepped out of line with him (Laughs.)
This man was such an enigma. I have never met anyone who is both exhibiting the quality of mature adult wisdom because he was wise in many ways and ye exhibit qualities of child. Michael was authentically a child. Try as I might, I could not resolve those two polar opposites in the same body. We went to Disney land a couple of times and sitting next to him in a rollercoaster Michael's screaming and I'm just as giddy and screaming and letting my child out without reigning it back in. I have to thank him for that. He made it okay to be a child around him and that was everyone in his camp, we all became childlike. Michael would create that air and space and you'd simply enter into it before you even realized it. Initially, I was resistant and had a professional attitude, but I realized he was more comfortable when I was playful and he could relate to me on that level. What was great about hanging with Michael is that I was allowed to escape by removing my own mask of adulthood and nurture my inner child.
When I first met him I brushed him off mentally, thinking he's a lightweight, a kid, but I realized he's a sharp cookie and had to give him his intellectual due. Some experts believe that you stimulate your creative intellect by connecting with your inner child and let go of cultural constraints. You become a clear conduit of creativity because you are relaxed and the ideas will eventually come. Michael wouldn't restrict himself and would go back and have this generative process and gain new and fresh insight. I remember I was doing a cover assignment for Time magazine and Michael was sitting in his home theater and had his legs propped up on the chair and I noticed that he had on two color socks and I said, "Mike, you have on two different color socks." Now, this was when Thriller was taking off and Mike's confidence was at its highest. He said, "I know, take the picture." And I said, "But, Mike, they're going to talk about you." And he replied with a raised brow: "I know, Todd. Take the picture." I knew then that I had been put back in employee mode and was no longer his friend. In that moment, it hit me that Michael had already begun to create his larger-than-life persona. And he was right, everyone talked about it." #ToddGray

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 4 ottobre 2020, 10:39

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 4 ottobre 2020, 21:19

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/in ... e_vai.html

Orianthi Recalls How Michael Jackson Behaved When She Joined His Band, Shares Opinion on Steve Vai
UG exclusive: "It was actually through MySpace."

Immagine

During a conversation with UG's Justin Beckner, Orianthi talked about joining Michael Jackson's band back in 2009 for the late singer's "This Is It" concert residency.

A string of 50 shows was booked at the O2 Arena in London between July 13, 2009, and March 6, 2010. However, none of the concerts took place due to Jackson's unexpected passing in June 2009.

Orianthi is gearing up to release a new album titled "O" on November 6. You can check it out here.

The guitarist reached the subject when asked about the "MJ" guitar that PRS had crafted for her for "This Is It." She commented:

"That was actually designed with Michael Jackson and his clothing designer. It was my guitar originally; it was just a blue Custom 24. We literally just created that guitar over the span of a month or so for the ['This Is It'] tour.

"That guitar was actually bought from me by a big Michael Jackson fan in China who wanted to display it. It was in a storage unit, in a vault, it was pretty much kept in the dark because I didn't want to play it and lose crystals.

"I'd rather have it displayed somewhere for people to see than locked up in the dark somewhere."

You did rehearsals for that tour and we missed out on it, unfortunately. What did Michael have in store for that tour? Were there some surprises that we, regretfully, were never able to see?
"There were a lot of surprises. Obviously, we had to sign non-disclosure agreements and I don't know if they still stand or if I can talk about everything freely these days

"But there were a lot of things that were going to be pretty epic. It was going to be one of the greatest shows on Earth. That's for sure."

I've read that his people got ahold of you on MySpace. Did that seem odd to you?
"Oh yeah, it was actually through MySpace. I was in the studio working with Diane Warren and I was putting some vocals down and I got an email through Myspace from Michael Bearden saying Michael [Jackson] saw me on the Grammys with Carrie Underwood and my YouTube videos and that I was exactly what they were looking for.

"He said in the email that he was going to call me that night with Michael [Jackson]. So they called me that evening and asked me if I'd learn 'Dirty Diana' and 'Beat It' and play it for them the next day because they were going to be starting something.

"So I did it and I didn't know what to expect. They hired us all on the spot and we started working. It was pretty surreal."

What did you learn from working with Michael, as far as being a musician and being a professional on that level?
"I learned so much. I can't even really... there was so much I learned from him. It was truly an honor and I'm so grateful to have had that time with him because he pushed everyone to be better.

"He would tell us to step into our light and reach higher. He would tell me to reach my highest note, keep pushing, and be the best performer you can be.

"He was so precise about everything - from the dancing to the sounds. He had this photographic memory for every part of every one of his songs. It was pretty incredible working with him like that."
https://youtu.be/m3C-xpkyK_o
You had worked with people who share some of those qualities - the precision and the high bar for professionalism. Steve Vai is someone who values precision and has been referred to as a musical dictator, at times.
"Absolutely, Steve is very much like that too. He is very much into rehearsing and making sure everything is perfect. I've seen him work in the studio - he's a very good friend of mine. The way he orchestrates things is amazing.

"He's just an incredible musician. His dedication to everything he's done in his life... he's just one of those incredible beings, even aside from the music, just as a person, I can't say enough great things about Steve."

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 6 ottobre 2020, 15:21

Mourad Mesellaty

#StoryOfTheDay...."My dad would cry to me at night. Picture your parent crying to you about the world hating him for something he didn’t do. And for me, he was the only thing that mattered. To see my entire world in pain, I started to hate the world because of what they were doing to him. I’m like, ‘How can people be so mean?'” #ParisJackson, daughter of #MichaelJackson (Rolling Stone 2017)
It may be hard to believe, but when it comes to the allegations against Michael Jackson, his own voice has hardly been heard. Michael Jackson was not allowed to comment on or share his own account of the stories that surrounded his life for so many years. Meanwhile, those who accused him were embraced by the media and encouraged to speak out.
​It was only after Michael Jackson’s death that stories about his reaction and his state of mind suddenly surfaced. Those who were close to Michael tell of a heartbroken man who struggled to fully recover from the ordeal of being accused. Their accounts give us an insight into Michael Jackson's life in the shadow of false allegations.
The Chandler family's monetary demands and threats began when Michael was just about to start the second leg of his Dangerous World Tour. The star performed on stage every night, while perfectly hiding that his world turned upside down. He gradually developed a serious dependency on painkillers due to the stress and the pressure of the allegations.
By November 1993, numerous concerts got canceled after Jackson collapsed from dehydration and exhaustion. The media suggested he was faking it, but his close friend Elizabeth Taylor came to his rescue and secretly flew him to a rehab center in an undisclosed location. Jackson canceled the remainder of the tour and then came back to California to combat the allegations against him.
After two grand juries decided there were no grounds to indict Jackson, he was ready to put the allegations behind him and move on with his life. Despite the media’s hostility, he went back to the studio and released a successful album. Jackson soon got married to his girlfriend at the time, Lisa Marie Presley; In 1997, he became a father for the first time and dedicated himself to his family.

But in 2003, things took turn for the worse once again. After Martin Bashir’s “Living with Michael Jackson” aired, Jackson’s relationship with children went back to the headlines. Through his film, Bashir speculated on the nature of Jackson’s friendship with Gavin Arvizo. Arvizo was a 13-year-old boy who recovered from cancer thanks to Jackson’s support. At the time, Gavin and his family stood by Michael’s side against Bashir and the media. Michael and his team were determined to clean his reputation and rebrand him with new projects.

These plans fell through: The Arvizos changed their story. On the 18th of November, 2003, the authorities issued an arrest warrant for Jackson and seventy officers raided his Neverland Ranch. Michael’s ex-manager, Dieter Wiesner was there to tell him the news..."Michael was still in his room," Wiesner recalled. "He was sitting next to the fireplace when I came in and he was very quiet. I had to tell him and it was not easy to tell Michael things like this because he was in such a good mood. He saw a future. When the Bashir situation arose he was very down. Now everything had changed and Michael was ready to do new things. Then, to go to his room and tell him such a bad situation… it was a disaster. I told him, 'Michael, there is bad news but on the other side you have to see it as also good news. The bad news is the police are on the ranch.' Michael was completely shocked. I was sitting next to him; I had my arm on his shoulder. He looked at me and he was really... You could see the blood going out of his face. He was deeply shocked. But I told him, 'Michael, now you have the chance finally to clear up everything. Once and forever you can clear up everything.'"
Michael Jackson spent much of those two days crying, said Dieter Wiesner. "I was sitting with him day and night. He was shocked; he was crying… he didn't know what to do. It was such a bad situation. We were supposed to go to Europe. He was ready to move on in his life and everything was prepared. It was just a beautiful situation and this news shocked him deeply. Really, it killed him."

Two days after the Neverland raid Michael Jackson's depression turned to anger. When it emerged that the boy behind the accusation was none other than Gavin Arvizo, the boy whose hand Jackson had held in the Martin Bashir documentary, Michael Jackson decided to fight.
He took a plane back to California and turned himself to the police and thus began Michael Jackson's fight. As the trial progressed, Jackson’s health visibly deteriorated. The media, of course, didn’t miss any chance to ridicule him for his weak and frail appearance. On June 13th, 2005, Jackson was cleared on all counts. After the verdict, he reportedly spent days at the hospital. Jackson proved his innocence and won the case, but the damage was done.
This time, Jackson couldn’t really recover and put it all behind him. He had no home to return to: “I won't live there ever again. I'll visit Neverland. It's a house now. It's not a home anymore,” he said in December 2003. Indeed, Michael left Neverland and never returned. In the years after the trial, he moved from one country to another with his three children, far away from the spotlight.
Shortly after his death, a handwritten note from 1993 was found in Michael Jackson's possession. On this note, the lyrics of the unearthed song "The Innocent Man"
"If I sail to Acapulco or Cancun Mexico
there the law is waiting for me
and God knows that I’m innocent.
If they won’t take me in Cairo
then Lord knows where will I go.
I’ll die a man without a country
and only God knew I was innocent now."
Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 7 ottobre 2020, 9:21

"He was this musical genius with this childlike innocence. He was such a professional, and such a sweetheart."
-- Eddie van Valen on MJ

“A great soul serves everyone all the time. A great soul never dies. It brings us together again and again.” - Maya Angelou

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 9 ottobre 2020, 10:28

"Michael was quite amazing to me cuz he is working w these people who've made a living at this & have studied it for a great portion of their lives & he'll walk in [ ] & purely on rhythm of the steps & he does it. It's an innate gift. He's a dancer in his soul." Michael Peters
Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 12 ottobre 2020, 10:11

"This talented artist is a sensitive man, warm, funny, and full of insight."
~Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 ottobre 2020, 9:02

In this clip, Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins talked about the contentious studio session he had with George Michael while working on his duet with Whitney Houston. He also detailed his friendship with Michael Jackson and described the first time in the studio with the King of Pop. Darkchild said the two developed a near familial bond over the course of working together. So much so, Michael would randomly drop by his parents' house for dessert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1x6X30 ... e=emb_logo

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 ottobre 2020, 9:12

Mind is the Magic, by #michaeljackson/Bryan Loren For Siegfried & Roy “It was such a gesture of friendship. If I had to describe an angel, I would be describing Michael. His purity, his sensitivity, his boyish sense of wonder... Michael is quite simply magic. “
Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 ottobre 2020, 21:31

https://youtu.be/IU46eWpf1KQ

Watch VIDEO: Rashida Jones Talks About Growing Up With Michael Jackson on JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE!

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 17 ottobre 2020, 10:35

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 18 ottobre 2020, 12:12

"Michael taught me that sometimes you have to forget technique, forget what you have on. If you feel silly, you have to go from the gut just let it go. Michael Jackson changed me, and helped me to become the artist I am thank you Michael." Beyonce
Source: https://www.beyonce.com/michael-jackson-2/
Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 18 ottobre 2020, 21:12

“He was immensely proud to be a black man. Michael was suffering from a cruel skin disease [vitiligo], which changed his appearance, and I had to rise to this as his photographer and adapt his lighting.” - Harrison Funk
Immagine

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 ottobre 2020, 21:15

Between #MichaelJackson "Another Great Team" and Rodney Jerkins marked a long collaboration. In an interview with VLAD TV, Rodney Jerkins spoke at length about Michael Jackson.
According to Rodney Jerkins, a demo of the song "If I Told You That" was made by his team as a duet between Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson using two similar voices.
For Jerkins, it seemed like the perfect time to bring together the two stars who had never worked together before.
However, MJ would have told Rodney Jerkins, "No, I don't want to do a duet right now.
So Clive Davis, producer and friend of Whitney's, who had already worked with George Michael, enlisted the latter for this duo.
Released in 1998 "If I Told You That" was on Whitney Houston's album "My Love is your Love". The song was then re-recorded for the best-of " Whitney: The Greatest Hits ", released in 2000, as a duet with George Michael.
Rodney Jerkins again recounted that his first work session with Michael Jackson took place in 1999 at the home of Carole Bayer Sager.
He confided that he was very intimidated when it was not in his nature, he who was used to controlling everything in the studio and who had already, despite his young age, worked with other singing stars. After 2-3 hours of composing, MJ asked him to stay and continue working on his new album.
Michael Jackson then arranged for Rodney Jerkins and his production team to work in Los Angeles.
According to Rodney Jerkins, working with Michael Jackson has allowed him to learn things he didn't know about the business, about music publishing, about the need to challenge himself to always do better musically and melodically.
He explains that he developed a friendship with Michael Jackson outside of the studio by inviting her to his home and also to his parents' house for lunch or dessert with a Michael Jackson who loved his mom's peach cobbler.
In another meeting, while work on the "Invincible" project was not quite finished, Michael Jackson had asked Rodney Jerkins if he was willing to sell his publishing rights to the material recorded for the album.
Finally, two days later, Michael Jackson called him and told him to forget the idea.
Rodney Jerkins recalls that at the time MJ did not just own the Beatles' song catalog, but half of the Sony/ATV catalog, which included many other stars of the song (Babyface, Mariah Carey, ...). MJ was a music publishing giant.
Concerning his studio work, the song "You Rock My Word" remains for Jerkins one of the favorite titles of his collaboration with Michael Jackson.
Even today, people still talk to him about it as a classic Michael Jackson, but Rodney Jerkins, lets a bit of bitterness show when he says that this title, like the others he collaborated on, could have had a greater career if Tommy Mottola and Sony hadn't been in conflict with Michael Jackson to the point of stopping the promotion very quickly.
He acknowledges that the sales of Invincible have nothing to do with Michael Jackson's previous albums but feels that with only one music video released for "You Rock My World", it is a far cry from the multiple music videos Michael Jackson used to release to promote his albums.
Rodney Jerkins explains that Michael Jackson had a vision for each of her albums. And when he worked with him, it was the same thing, MJ said "we're going to release that track first, then we're going to do a music video for 'Threatened'...".
Rodney Jerkins recalled that at the time, in 2001, Michael Jackson did not really have the opportunity to promote his album.
Despite all the disappointment of having seen the promotion around the album "Invincible" almost stopped after his first single, Jerkins keeps the satisfaction of having created a King of Pop classic with "You Rock My World".
He explains that Michael was different from all the other artists in the studio. He gave a lot of himself, he interpreted literally all his songs, to the point of being sweaty and having to change his shirts 3 times during the recording of "You Rock My World".
He gave so much energy in the recording booth.
Vocally, Jerkins places MJ in a Top 5 of the best singers, along with Marvin Gaye, Jackie Wilson, Sam Cook while acknowledging that he was the most unique/recognizable vocalist we've ever had.
According to Rodney Jerkins, nowadays, the times want us to believe someone when they say something happened, when in fact we don't know what happened because we weren't there.
He never saw anything inappropriate from DOJ, and he spent a lot of time with him.
Rodney Jerkins explains that he does not buy the false information spread by the propaganda and he believes that the accusers of "Leaving Neverland", should be ashamed, to use the cowardly process of accusing and bringing someone to justice after his death.
In 2007, Rodney Jerkins confided that he had again collaborated with Michael Jackson by visiting Ireland. (At the time, MJ was working with Will.i.am, among others.
Rodney Jerkins confides that MJ hadn't changed, still joking and discussing the music of the moment.
Rodney Jerkins also believes that in the last 10 years of his life, Michael Jackson may have felt like he was dead, or at least no longer existing. He, who since the age of 8, has been trying to make people smile, investing his heart and soul so that everyone could move forward, was constantly being called "Wacko Jacko" ("Crazy Jacko") and defamed in the media.
Rodney Jerkins concluded by saying that Michael Jackson was "a good person" who had a "big heart".
Sources: Vlad TV

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 ottobre 2020, 9:05

“It was pretty obvious that there was no molestation done. There wasn’t a shred of evidence that was able to show us or give us any doubt in voting guilty. It was pretty obvious there was no other way to vote other than 'not guilty'.” #PaulinaCoccoz, juror in Michael Jackson trial
"Michael's prosecution was a travesty of justice and one of the meanest mean-spirited attacks on an INNOCENT person in legal History" #ThomasMesereau

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 ottobre 2020, 11:24

@michaeljackson
was a beautiful human being&very professional. A great father. He was amazing with his kids...&he was a very good father, he was funny—very funny. We laughed all the time&he could eat more than u think".
@LennyKravitz
said.

Rispondi