Macaulay Culkin sets the record straight about him and Michael.

Michael Jackson's news in English. Your updated reference for Michael Jackson's news in English language from all around the world. Rumors, gossip and true facts. And a lot of Michael Jackson's beautiful pictures.
Rispondi
soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Macaulay Culkin sets the record straight about him and Michael.

Messaggio da soulmum » 11 febbraio 2020, 21:05

Macaulay Culkin Wants to Set the Record Straight About His Relationship With Michael Jackson
In our March cover story, the star goes into depth about his friendship with the late pop star and acting as godfather to Paris Jackson.

BY ADRIENNE WESTENFELD
FEB 11, 2020

Immagine

If you saw HBO’s Leaving Neverland, the explosive documentary exploring allegations that Michael Jackson sexually abused children, you may have been surprised when Home Alone star Macaulay Culkin didn’t make an appearance. As a child, Culkin starred in the music video for Jackson’s “Black and White,” after which he and Jackson became lifelong friends. Throughout the years, as allegations of Jackson's behavior have exploded into the mainstream, Culkin has continuously denied that he ever had any sexual contact with Jackson.

In Esquire's March 2020 cover story, Culkin discusses at length his friendship with Jackson, going into detail about their relationship and what did and did not happen.

“Look,” Culkin said. “I’m gonna begin with the line—it’s not a line, it’s the truth: He never did anything to me. I never saw him do anything. And especially at this flash point in time, I’d have no reason to hold anything back. The guy has passed on. If anything—I’m not gonna say it would be stylish or anything like that, but right now is a good time to speak up. And if I had something to speak up about, I would totally do it. But no, I never saw anything; he never did anything.”

Immagine

Culkin spoke about the special bond he and Jackson shared by virtue of their unique childhoods—or lack thereof. Both raised by fathers pushing them toward fame at a young age, Culkin and Jackson were kindred spirits, despite their 22-year age difference. The last time they encountered one another was in a men’s room at the Santa Barbara County Superior Courthouse in 2005, where Culkin testified as a character witness in People v. Michael Jackson, wherein Jackson was charged with intoxicating and molesting a 13-year-old boy who had cancer. Jackson was later acquitted.

“We better not talk,” Jackson said, according to Culkin. “I don’t want to influence your testimony.”

The two embraced before returning to court. It was the last time Culkin would see Jackson before he passed away in 2009.

Though Jackson has been dead for over a decade, Leaving Neverland has introduced new aftershocks into Culkin’s life. He spoke about a memorable celebrity encounter that occurred not long after the documentary’s release.
“Here’s a good Michael Jackson story that doesn’t involve Michael Jackson at all,” Culkin said. “I ran into James Franco on a plane. I’d bumped into him two or three times over the years. I give him a little nod as we’re putting our bags overhead. Hey, how you doing? Good, how ya doing? And it was right after the Leaving Neverland documentary came out, and he goes, ‘So, that documentary!’ And that was all he said. I was like, ‘Uh-huh.’ Silence. So then he goes, ‘So what do you think?’ And I turned to him and I go, ‘Do you wanna talk about your dead friend?’ And he sheepishly went, ‘No, I don’t.’ So I said, ‘Cool, man, it was nice to see you.’ ”

Culkin is godfather to Jackson’s daughter Paris, to whom he remains close. He has shared with her his habit of stealing spoons from restaurants, bars, and cafes as a bit of “harmless” fun. The two give one another spoons as gifts, and they have matching spoon tattoos on their forearms.

When Paris entered public life, Culkin had just one piece of advice, given by virtue of the spoons: “Don’t forget to be silly, don’t forget to take something away from this whole experience, and don’t forget to stick something up your sleeve.”

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Re: Macaulay Culkin sets the record straight about him and Michael.

Messaggio da soulmum » 11 febbraio 2020, 21:10

R.D. Smith
@YaAnieMit

Now watch the blue ticks attack Mac like they did Corey the other day and say shite like
“He was molested by Jackson but denies it because he’s godfather to Paris.” Or “he was paid” or “he’s still in love” or “he’s too ashamed” or all of that crap and more.

Jenny Winings
@JennyW526

You know, everyone wants Macaulay to come out and say MJ is guilty. When he says AGAIN for the millionth time that Michael isn’t guilty the first thing the public says is “he was too famous for Michael to abuse.” ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME???

Pez Jax
@Pezjax

“We better not talk,” Jackson said, according to Culkin. “I don’t want to influence your testimony.” THANK YOU!

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 11 febbraio 2020, 21:21

https://www.showbiz411.com/2020/02/11/m ... hing-to-me

Home Celebrity Macaulay Culkin Exonerates Michael Jackson in New Interview: “Right now is a...
Macaulay Culkin Exonerates Michael Jackson in New Interview: “Right now is a good time to speak up…he never did anything to me”

by Roger Friedman - February 11, 2020

Macaulay Culkin exonerates Michael Jackson from all rumors concerning possible or alleged child molestation in the new issue of Esquire. Bravo to the magazine in the first place for putting Mack on the cover. And the piece itself is a terrific read.

But let’s cut to the chase. Culkin spent a lot of time with Michael when he was a child. Former Neverland employees made up all kinds of stories of things they said they saw concerning the older pop singer and the child star. But Culkin testified in 2005 at Michael’s trial that nothing untoward happened between them. He attended Jackson’s private funeral in 2009. And he’s remained close to Jackson’s daughter, Paris.

Now Macaulay says in Esquire that nothing happened between them except friendship. I believe him. In light of the one sided documentary Leaving Neverland, and lawsuits from Wade Robson and James Safechuck, Mack could just verify their stories and end all the speculation. But he doesn’t. Quite the contrary. I don’t think the Jackson Estate put him up to this. Culkin is very outspoken and not manipulated.

“Look,” he says in the magazine. “I’m gonna begin with the line—it’s not a line, it’s the truth: He never did anything to me. I never saw him do anything. And especially at this flash point in time, I’d have no reason to hold anything back. The guy has passed on. If anything—I’m not gonna say it would be stylish or anything like that, but right now is a good time to speak up. And if I had something to speak up about, I would totally do it. But no, I never saw anything; he never did anything.”

And that’s it. He does recall his last meeting with Michael, seeing him in the men’s room of the Santa Maria courthouse. He says Michael didn’t want to taint his testimony so their conversation was limited. It’s instructive that Michael didn’t contact him during the following four years before his death. But Jackson was simply worn out mentally, I think, from the trauma of the trial. He couldn’t come back from it.

Anyway, nice story and and a good way to settle old rumors.

Mike Salazar
@MikeSalazar777

Wade Robson's Leaving Neverland/false allegations with financial (100s of million $) motive: "Jackson coached me over the phone to have me on the stand as a defense witness in the 2005 trial".
No trace of these calls exist.
Meanwhile, the reality is way more normal and sadder:

Immagine

Macaulay Culkin
@IncredibleCulk

Wow, this guy looks just like me! Would you all mind picking up a copy of this month's
@Esquire
so we can get to the bottom of this mystery? Check it out now at http://esquire.com/mack

Immagine

MJJJusticeProject
@MJJJusticePrjct

Dan Reed did NOT dare to talk to Culkin or Barnes, or the plethora of other people who were around #MichaelJackson during their childhoods, because they do not support the BS money grab of the two story tellers, in Leaving Neverland-
@esquire

Leaving Neverland Facts
@NeverlandFacts

The Esquire interview with
@IncredibleCulk
re #MichaelJackson underscores how the mainstream media failed to hold Dan Reed accountable for smearing Macaulay and Brett Barnes in #LeavingNeverland without reaching out.Reporters at any credible outlet would have been fired for that.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 12 febbraio 2020, 8:56

Keya Morgan
@KeyaMorgan

If Michael Jackson was such a big abuser, why is it Macaulay Culkin who was the cutest kid on earth and spent so many years with MJ NEVER saw anything bad? Not even once?? And he spent more time with MJ than any other child. NEVER saw MJ abuse anyone.

Justice for The Falsely Accused
@JuliaBerkowitz1

Let's not forget, when Wade Robson and his family moved to the US when Wade was 9, MJ didn't really spend much time with Wade. His mother complained that MJ spent more time with Macaulay Culkin and Brett Barnes. They claim Wade was "replaced" by them.

Keya Morgan
@KeyaMorgan

Every Michael Jackson fan should thank the Esquire writer
@rhdagostino
for writing the truth about Michael Jackson, and not cutting it out like most of the media. Thank you Ryan for doing such a great job with Macaulay Culkin & saying the truth.

Leaving Neverland Facts
@NeverlandFacts

The smear of Macaulay Culkin and Brett Barnes in #LeavingNeverland clearly stems from the long-simmering jealousies of Wade Robson and his mother Joy that #MichaelJackson befriended and spent time with Macaulay and Brett.

USA TODAY
@USATODAY

Macaulay Culkin is continuing to stand by Michael Jackson in latest interview.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 12 febbraio 2020, 15:13

Pez Jax
@Pezjax

In March 2019, I appeared on Sky news and pointed out that Mack and Brett are the victims of a bizarre 'want' for them to have been abused, by Jackson detractors, when both state clearly they were not. It's unfortunate that in light of the Esquire interview, it's still happening.

Jacks
@Complainer81

#MacaulayCulkin: I was not molested
Random people: YES YOU WERE. Stop lying!
Maaulay Culkin: If I was molested, I would say it, but I was never molested.
Random people:YES YOU WERE! You have all the signs of abuse. I KNOW BETTER THAN YOU!
A taste of comments I’ve read

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 febbraio 2020, 8:56

Leaving Neverland Facts
@NeverlandFacts

Macaulay Culkin's #Esquire interview in which he adamantly declares #MichaelJackson did nothing to him begs the question: Where were #HBO's lawyers and standards executives when it came to vetting #LeavingNeverland and how could they allow Dan Reed to avoid reaching out to him?

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 14 febbraio 2020, 10:26

https://www.mike-smallcombe.com/post/mi ... -interview

Macaulay Culkin's interview and what it reveals about the Michael Jackson case

Immagine

It’s the moment that many have been waiting for.

Child movie star Macaulay Culkin, the most famous of all young Michael Jackson friends, has spoken.

A year on from the release of the Leaving Neverland film, the tabloids remain eager for another bombshell.

But in a new interview with Esquire, Culkin delivered what he dubbed “the truth” - nothing happened, neither to him or any other boys he saw in Jackson's company.

Although doubt still lingered in some quarters, Jackson’s reputation had recovered somewhat in the years after he was acquitted of child molestation by a court in 2005.

But then, a decade after his death, came Leaving Neverland. The film is based on the stories of two men who claimed they were abused by Jackson as children in the late 1980s to early 90s - the same period during which Culkin was also regularly at Jackson's side. Yet the Home Alone star remained unharmed.

The film’s director, Dan Reed, exploited a legal loophole which states the dead cannot be defamed, and therefore was able to make the decision not to present key information to viewers about the accusers’ past and their behaviour.

Even though Jackson, unable to defend himself, was essentially being tried in the court of public opinion, viewers were only getting the prosecution side. They weren't even told that both accusers were trying to revive a lawsuit against Jackson’s Estate.

The film was embraced by the mainstream media across the world, and the allegations within essentially reported as fact. With the MeToo movement at its height, few dared to offer any sort of challenge.

Reed claimed that over a period of 18 months, he "tried to poke holes" in the accusers' accounts. Given how easy it was for a handful of journalists and Jackson fans to highlight flaws, Reed must have chosen to ignore his findings. Or he didn't do any research at all, and just decided to go with what he was being told.

Either way, it was a failure in journalism.

When several scenarios in the film were proven, with evidence, to be untrue, Reed desperately defended his film on social media.

He claimed more victims would speak out as a result of his film, but none have been forthcoming. Brett Barnes, who accompanied Jackson on a world tour as a child, immediately rushed to his defence.

Immagine
Jackson and Culkin on holiday in Bermuda, 1991
Having had the best part of a year to stew over Leaving Neverland and the subsequent fallout, Macaulay Culkin has now broken his silence on the issue.

And Culkin admitted he would have “no reason” to cover for Jackson at this stage in his life.

“The guy has passed on,” Culkin said. “At this flash point in time, I’d have no reason to hold anything back.”

The emergence of the MeToo movement, Culkin acknowledged, also makes it “a good time to speak up”.

“If I had something to speak up about, I would totally do it," he added. "But no, I never saw anything; he never did anything.”

So for the umpteenth time, Culkin was asked the question. And the answer remains the same.

Those assured of Jackson’s guilt claim Culkin was simply 'too famous' to be a target. That’s why he wasn’t abused, they say. But they’re mistaken. Culkin says he recognises what child abuse is, having himself been a victim at the hands of his physically violent father. And he wasn't afraid to talk about it.

That domestic ordeal, plus the immense pressure of childhood stardom, made Culkin a very vulnerable young boy, regardless of his celebrity status.

And Jackson and Culkin’s friendship wasn’t a short-lived one. The two met in 1990, when Culkin was ten, and spent the best part of two years by each other’s side.

“Seriously, he was like my best friend for a good long stretch,” Culkin once said. “It was a legitimate friendship.”

There were sleepovers aplenty at Neverland with other youngsters present, trips to Disneyland and even a holiday in Bermuda, where the two shared a hotel room.

If Jackson’s only motive for hanging out with young boys was to abuse them, then he wasted an awful lot of time on Macaulay Culkin.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 14 febbraio 2020, 10:33

https://www.thedailybeast.com/macaulay- ... ia=desktop

Macaulay Culkin: Michael Jackson ‘Never Did Anything’ to Me

Julia Arciga
Reporter
Published Feb. 11, 2020

Immagine

Actor Macaulay Culkin sought to end long-running speculation about his ties to singer Michael Jackson in an Esquire interview on Tuesday, telling the magazine Jackson “never did anything” to him despite Culkin spending time at the singer's home when he was young. “I never saw him do anything. And especially at this flash point in time, I’d have no reason to hold anything back. The guy has passed on,” he said. “If anything—I’m not gonna say it would be stylish or anything like that, but right now is a good time to speak up. And if I had something to speak up about, I would totally do it. But no, I never saw anything; he never did anything.” The assertion from the Home Alone actor comes after Jackson faced allegations of child sex abuse for years, culminating in the premiere of the Leaving Neverland documentary—which outlined abuse claims against Jackson.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 14 febbraio 2020, 13:38

Justice for The Falsely Accused
@JuliaBerkowitz1

And here's how Macaulay learnt in 2005 that the prosecutors claim him to be a victim, despite of him saying otherwise. They didn't even bother to reach out to him to ask what he has to say about that!

Immagine

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 18 febbraio 2020, 8:57

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 27 febbraio 2020, 9:27

https://www.mjvibe.com/michael-jacksons ... the-truth/

MICHAEL JACKSON’S FRIENDSHIP WITH MACAULAY CULKIN CONTINUES TO UPSET THOSE WHO CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH.

It was inevitable that a brand new interview with Macaulay Culkin in which he details so much about his life, would be reduced to the soundbites relating to his friendship with Michael Jackson. To be honest, I feel sorry for the guy. Imagine having to constantly defend a friendship, answering the same questions for decades, and yet still being asked them as if it were your first rodeo.

It’s a wonder that Culkin hasn’t insisted that Jackson-related questions be taken off the table, if for anything, to not have to continue repeating himself over and over and over.

But he hasn’t.

We’re in a bizarre society where to accuse Jackson offers unconditional belief. “They’re telling the truth”, crow the social commentators who dedicated four hours of their life to a film and will not hear anything to the contrary. Yet when somebody comes forward who knew Jackson in the same capacity, experienced the same hospitality and family-orientated traits, comes forward and doesn’t accuse Jackson, they’re accused of lying.

What’s evident is this isn’t about the ‘truth’ at all. This is about selective hearing. Then there’s a strange follow up whereby Jackson detractors become fully fledged fictional authors; writing a new story for Culkin, Barnes and the like, based on what happened, in their mind.

In his recent interview with Esquire magazine, Culkin stated

“I’m gonna begin with the line—it’s not a line, it’s the truth: He never did anything to me. I never saw him do anything. And especially at this flash point in time, I’d have no reason to hold anything back. The guy has passed on.”

You’ll note that he didn’t challenge the accusations made by Robson and Safechuck, he spoke of his own experiences with Jackson. He also didn’t try to make sense of Robson and Safechuck’s outlandish claims – a courtesy the two didn’t afford Culkin in their tv movie, where they felt unabashed in making their own assessment of Jackson & Culkin’s friendship.

And Culkin’s statement is as clear as it was back in 2005 during Jackson’s trial when asked

Q: Did Mr. Jackson ever molest you?
A: Never.
Q: Did Mr. Jackson ever improperly touch you?
A: Absolutely not.
Q: Has Mr. Jackson ever touched you in any sexual type of way?
A: No.
Q: Has he ever touched you in any offensive way?
A: No.
Q: What do you think of these allegations?
A: I think they’re absolutely ridiculous

Immagine

In a culture that ushered in the Me Too era, we hear extensively about the importance of listening. For over two decades, Culkin has been consistent in his support of Jackson, yet the media just will not listen – because it doesn’t work for them.

And what a strange disposition Culkin has found himself in. He has been continually told that he was abused, even when he has confirmed he hasn’t been. As his testimony in Jackson’s 2005 trial makes clear, Culkin understood what abuse was, what Jackson was being accused of and what it had been claimed had been done to him – and he reaffirmed that it hadn’t happened.

Yet again, the Jackson detractors just will not listen.

What’s become evident is that ‘belief’ is only afforded to those who suggest Jackson was guilty.

Immagine

Reading through the extensive commentary on Culkin’s statement, it’s frankly mind-boggling how so many are suggesting that he is lying, especially in light of the fact that Culkin specifically addressed that he has no reason to lie and would feel perfectly comfortable speaking out in the current climate, if he had a story of abuse to tell.

There is absolutely no logical reason as to why Culkin would feel the need to lie about his time with Jackson. Unlike Robson and Safechuck, he doesn’t need money. He isn’t looking for fame or “relevance” – he states in his interview

“It’s still fun to get back in the saddle once in a while and play around….But no, I’m not promoting anything. I’m not even promoting myself. It’s just another little adventure.”

Additionally, he isn’t working for, or seeking employment from the Jackson Estate.

Surely, if he was concealing a history of abuse, he would refuse to discuss Jackson altogether and prevent journalists from asking him any questions pertaining to their friendship – He wouldn’t willing volunteer support of Jackson.

On the reverse, there are those detractors who do believe Culkin – however, for them it’s still not an indication of Jackson’s innocence. Instead they present us with a newly devised narrative:

“Jackson wouldn’t risk abusing somebody famous.”

This suggestion to maintain their belief in Jackson’s guilt only works then, if they are to completely disregard tales they cling to by Blanca Francia and Phillipe LeMarque that they witnessed Jackson abusing Culkin, or the proven fraud Adrian McManus who claimed to have seen Jackson kiss and touch Culkin inappropriately, something Culkin himself expressed outrage towards on the stand in the 2005 trial:

I learned that it was a former cook who had done something to me, and there was something about a maid or something like that. It was just one of those things where I just couldn’t believe it. I couldn’t believe that, first of all, these people were saying these things or — let alone that it was out there and people were thinking that kind of thing about me.

Making the point – If you accept that Jackson wouldn’t have abused Culkin, then McManus and Co’s claims should become redundant to you also as it demonstrates them to be lying – but we know that asking for logic within one’s own madness is often asking too much.

Not forgetting, Leaving Neverland’s gavage feeding of its narrative suggested Jackson to be an uncontrollable, serial sexual abuser with a rampant desire, emotionally manipulative and skilled in the art of grooming.

If you really (honestly?) buy into that then would Culkin’s fame really exclude him from somebody so uncontrollable? If you believe it would, then surely that supposition also needs to be applied to James Safechuck – A child actor who met Jackson on the set of a commercial. Or do we need to add conditions to this new found, bizarre fantasy that has absolutely no foundation or merit?

It’s frankly ridiculous – A desperate attempt to reinforce unresearched beliefs, no matter the cost.

As journalist Mike Smallcombe recently points out “if Jackson’s only motive for hanging out with young boys was to abuse them, then he wasted an awful lot of time on Macaulay Culkin.” and the same goes for the likes of Barnes, Spence, Cascio, Bhatti and countless others – all of whom spent time with Jackson, stayed at Neverland, and continue to state that nothing happened.

At this point it’s really like watching somebody attempting to build a sand castle with dry sand.

So why do so many have a hard time believing in Jackson’s innocence? Is it truly impossible to believe that being the most recognisable figure on the planet, with vast wealth wouldn’t leave you open to extortion?

Think about it – Five accusers, all went to an attorney before the police and all sought financial settlements from Jackson.

And yet, we continue to hear “But, I believe them”.

If belief is to be afforded to those telling their account of their time with Jackson, why does that exclude those who have not accused Jackson.

I’ve yet to witness anybody who believes Robson and Safechuck, expressing relief that Culkin isn’t spinning the same tales. Surely, anyone saying they weren’t horrifically abused as a child, is a reason for relief?

But of course, this isn’t about that, this is about the dislike of Michael Jackson. The idea that Michael Jackson could be friends with many (many) children, and not have abused them just doesn’t sit well with those who have a weird obsession in grinding the axe. It’s almost as if some despise Jackson so badly, they want children to have been abused.

And for Culkin to once again speak in Jackson’s defense so publicly, dispels any concept of ‘patterns’ or abuse cycles that Leaving Neverland tells you is true. Culkin blows holes in the stories spun by Robson and Safechuck.

“We better not talk,” Jackson said, according to Culkin. “I don’t want to influence your testimony.”

which speaks against Robson’s ludicrous suggestions that Jackson was in the business of ‘coaching’ and ‘dictating’ when it came to testimony in his defense. It’s also perhaps the saddest point in the Esquire interview, that the last time Culkin saw his friend, he was so unbelievably fragile as a result of the false allegations, he felt unable to speak to him through fear of damaging a friend’s testimony, in his own defense.

Immagine

And it’s Jackson’s defense that Culkin has continued to be a part of. So it’s of no surprise that he wasn’t offered a platform for camera-wielder Dan Reed’s agenda driven TV movie in 2019:

“Macaulay has gone on the record many, many times, including recently to say that his relationship with Jackson was innocent” Reed told Vanity Fair in January 2019.

This statement demonstrates how Reed intentionally omitted any balance from his movie and purposely only featured those accusing Jackson of being a child molester. His entire narrative would have been destroyed had he featured Culkin, in another AirBnB, proclaiming Jackson’s innocence – How dare the viewer be presented both sides and left to come to their own conclusions, right?!

However, this didn’t stop Reed from including unfounded accusations about Culkin’s friendship with Jackson, as told by Robson and his mother – with Robson again using somebody else’s fame to attempt to make a name for himself.

As long as Culkin continues to voice the fact that nothing happened to him, Jackson detractors will forever look for ways to make a square peg fit into a round hole when it comes to Culkin. Because Culkin spent time at Neverland, stayed in Jackson’s bedroom and became an almost surrogate brother – and because nothing happened to him as they seemingly and distressingly want it to have – he’s a problem – just like Barnes, Spence, Cascio, Bhatti and others who receive endless trolling for standing by Jackson.

Partner that with the fact that none of the aforementioned were offered a platform during the media storm to speak about their time with Jackson. It was just easier for the media to saddle up Robson & Safechuck and ride these tired mules through the streets for all to see. They didn’t want balance, they wanted scandal.

Anyone claiming Jackson wasn’t an abuser wasn’t welcome in the parade.

Immagine
With the dust largely settled with relation to the media execution following Leaving Neverland almost a year ago, Culkin found a space in the silence to offer his thoughts, which were ultimately deemed unpopular because his story does not allow him to become the golden goose the Jackson detractors are so desperate for him to become. There was almost a sense of brow raising and scoffing as the articles were peddled out as a soundbite of Culkin’s interview – almost to suggest: how dare somebody in this climate speak out in defense of the accused.

When what they’re actually saying is, how dare Macaulay Culkin tell the truth.

Pez Jax

Rispondi