John Barnes passes away

Michael Jackson's news in English. Your updated reference for Michael Jackson's news in English language from all around the world. Rumors, gossip and true facts. And a lot of Michael Jackson's beautiful pictures.
Rispondi
soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

John Barnes passes away

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 marzo 2022, 8:10

Damien Shields
@DamienShields

John Barnes. A beautiful man. One of the sweetest, kindest and most talented people I ever met, who leaves behind an incredible musical legacy. Go listen to the BAD album. John’s finger prints are all over it. My condolences to his family, friends and those who loved him RIP

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Re: John Barnes passes away

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 marzo 2022, 12:27

Deeply saddened by the loss of John Barnes, one of the kindest men and a groundbreaking musical force. We were very lucky to interview John. #RIPJohnBarnes. You changed the world! The MJCast.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Re: John Barnes passes away

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 marzo 2022, 14:10

John Barnes, who worked on many of #MichaelJackson’s albums during the 1980s and 1990s, has passed away.
Barnes became part of Michael’s team after working as a synthesizer and arranger on the 1984 Jacksons album ‘Victory.’
He went on to collaborate with Michael on the 1985 charity single ‘We Are The World,’ the 1986 3D Disney short film ‘Captain EO,’
and then every subsequent major album from Michael into the late 1990s. He was also the musical director for the #BadWorldTour.
''Recordings for the successor album to Thriller took place in May at Michael's new studio in Hayvenhurst with a team of select collaborators.''
Recordings for the album that succeeded Thriller took place in May at Michael's new studio in Hayvenhurst. He was ready for the King of Pop and his collaborators to use.
''I was primarily a recording engineer and sound designer; I helped make what Michael wanted to accomplish creatively. Michael was the director, producer and musician. John Barnes worked as a musician, programmer and helped Michael develop ideas.
Two of the first songs in these sessions were 'Dirty Diana' and 'Smooth Criminal', which was titled 'Al Capone'. The songs we worked on later included 'Hot Fever', 'Speed Demon' and 'Leave Me Alone'. 'Liberian Girl' was also around the same time. As we started working on song ideas, they developed and grew. Michael never stopped creating and had an endless supply of ideas.''
- Matt Forger, Michael Jackson's sound engineer from 1982-1997

Immagine

Rispondi