Family ties

Michael Jackson's news in English. Your updated reference for Michael Jackson's news in English language from all around the world. Rumors, gossip and true facts. And a lot of Michael Jackson's beautiful pictures.
soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Family ties

Messaggio da soulmum » 6 agosto 2021, 9:48

I have decided to add a new thread which will give news on Michael's siblings and other family members. Michael is never far from their thoughts.

Tito Jackson
@titojackson5

THANK YOU to my friends, family, fans and EVERYONE for supporting my song and for helping to spread the message to love one another, trust one another, walk with one another and talk with one another.
Dizzy symbol✌🏾Earth globe europe-africaPurple heartFolded handsMultiple musical notesGuitar
https://youtu.be/65eEHAMZMSo #loveoneanother

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Re: Family ties

Messaggio da soulmum » 6 agosto 2021, 13:32

Taj Jackson
@tajjackson3

So proud of my pops
@titojackson5
. His new music video “Love One Another” was released today. Check it out. Great song and message. Thank you to all the friends and family that participated in it.
Tito Jackson - Love One Another (Official Music Video)

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 6 agosto 2021, 14:02

My Family, The Jacksons.
''Married to the daughter of the president of his record company that his brothers were leaving, Jermaine was in a difficult position. If he decided to go with his brothers to Epic, he would upset Hazel and Mr. Gordy.
Immagine
If he decided to stay at Motown as a solo artist, he would upset Joe, me and the boys. In the end, Jermaine upset his family. When Jermaine explained to Joe and me that he felt he owed his primary loyalty to Motown for giving the Jackson Five their first chance, Joe was furious.
"It's my blood running through your veins, not Berry Gordy's," he snapped. When Jermaine added that it was Mr. Gordy "who put steaks on our table and teeth in our mouths," I said. "We were already eating steaks at Gary. And if it's true that Mr. Gordy lent us the money to buy the crowns for the teeth Jackie and Tito had broken, he's got that money back hundreds of times." But Jermaine's decision was final, and the Jackson family suffered through their split for the first time. Marlon: ''Actually, I respected Jermaine's decision. He had to do what he thought was best for his life. I just don't like the way he did things, and I'm going to tell him today. We had a family show to do in New York at Westbury. On the day of the show, he informed us that he wouldn't be going on stage because Berry Gordy had told him: Don't do the show. I remember the rest of us saying, “Okay then, if that's the way you feel, that's fine. But we're going to introduce ourselves.” We've recruited the best musician in the orchestra to do the show with us. ''For several months after his decision, I was the only one Jermaine would call. He knew I would listen to him, and I did. I told him that I understood the difficult position he was in and that I loved him despite the decision he had made....even though inside I was still grieving about it. "Well, I hope my dad and my brothers don't have any resentment about what I've done," he said during a conversation. I told him they didn't. But the fact is, six months passed before they started talking to each other again. Making this period in our lives all the more difficult was Motown's decision to sue CBS Records and the Jacksons for $20 million during the group's departure. In its suit, Motown claimed it had been hurt, as Epic Records had announced the boys before the group's contract with Motown had expired, thereby hurting sales of their 1975 Jackson Five album, Moving Violations .
Motown also won an injunction preventing us from continuing to use the Jackson Five name. This worried me even more than the stock's value. "How can Berry Gordy keep the name when he hasn't even given the boys that name?" I asked Joe, naively. The answer: Motown had included a clause in the contract giving it ownership for the name. It was in the ''fine print'' and we lost it! The dispute with Motown hit a real low point when the company's vice president, Michael Roshkind, threatened to form a new ''.... Jackson Five. We can do whatever we want with [the name]," he said. we worked with them for a whole year, before their first record.” That was tough. All the boys felt the impact of Jermaine's departure from the group. However, the first time the boys performed without him – at the family show in Westbury - they won four standing ovations, Marlon sang old Jermaine pieces superbly, Randy hit the bongos and Michael sang and danced with greater devotion than ever Joe wasted no time putting the boys in the studio to record their first album for Epic. The company selected the well-known production writing team of Kenny Gamble and Leon Huff to work with my kids.Gamble and Huff wrote hits for a number of artists, and started writing one for the boys: Enjoy Yourself. that song, as well as the entire album, simply titled The Jacksons. The Gamble and Huff sound was mellow and elegant. I liked Going Places even more, the boys' second album recorded with Gamble and Huff. I particularly liked the message of the song Man of War, a call for peace. Motown had kept the boys away from that kind of material, the term Dark Force was in vogue in the early seventies, and I'm sure Mr. Gordy didn't want my kids to be associated with any song or statement that could be interpreted as sounding political or worse, militant. At the time, I agreed. However, in 1977, singing messages in their songs was, in my mind, another example of my boys' maturity. Unfortunately, the audience didn't share my enthusiasm for The Jacksons or Going Places. Sales were disappointing. Tito: ''All the people were suddenly telling us that our career was over.'' We also heard how foolish the boys had been to leave Motown. However, Motown didn't exactly seem to be working wonders with Jermaine at the moment. My Name Is Jermaine, his first solo album since leaving his brothers, had disappointing sales despite Berry Gordy's promise to the press that Motown was going to make him a superstar. Jermaine's single Let's Be Young Tonight Flopped flopped. My boys had a long term, a longer term than I always dreamed of, I thought at the time. Is what the "experts" are saying true? What are they going through? Michael didn't doubt himself or his brothers for a second. "Don't worry mom," he told me, when I expressed my concerns to him. "We'll be back on top again." Joe and the boys had a plan. Joe and Michael revealed the plan in a one-day meeting in 1978 with Ron Alexenburg, the CBS Records executive, who signed the Jacksons to Epic. The plan was simple: the boys would come out of their record lows by writing and producing their third album themselves.
His argument to Mr. Alexenburg was fair and simple: ''Gamble and Huff gave the group their best, but things didn't work out. We can do better.” Joe and Michael weren't asking the CBS Records executive to take a full leap of faith in granting them his wish. Mr. Alexenburg could hear the boys developing as songwriters and producers of the four songs they had. contributed to the two albums they had recorded with Gamble and Huff. The boys were especially proud of Different Kind of Lady, a collaboration by the group. They had to fight for its inclusion in Going Places - despite their initial words to the contrary, Gamble and Huff never really showed much interest in the boys' songs - so the boys felt a special satisfaction when the song became a popular track in clubs. To our delight, Ron Alexenburg granted Joe and the boys a wish. : that CBS employees - Bobby Colomby and Mike Atkinson - be allowed to oversee the project as executive producers of the album. Joe and the boys con agreed. Randy: ''We, as humans, don't know our abilities. The only times we always seem to stretch is when we're being tested. During our own album it was the biggest test for my brothers and me. The boys were not lacking in material. They had been writing songs since the beginning of their career at Motown and, according to Tito, ''keeping them in our personal bank.” They also had a good deal of experience recording their songs in the studio we had at home. By then, Jackie, Tito and Marlon had also built studios in their homes.'' Marlon: ''We went into the studio with the attitude: “Let's show everyone we're not finished.” The album turned out to be a real effort Five of the eight songs were co-written by all of them. The boys also devised a clever way of "mixing" each of the songs together. Marlon: ''Two of us would be mixing a particular song. was done, the rest of us would listen with our fresh ears, making whatever changes we thought were necessary. We repeated this process for each of the songs, and it worked very well.'' The fruit of his work was Destiny, released on fall 1978. and was praised by critics as 'the Jacksons' musical coming of age'. I loved it. But from my first audition, I felt anxious. ''Will Epic promote it?'' I wondered. How would record buyers get the word that this was a great album? I got even more excited when the album's first single, Blame It on the Boogie, the only song the boys hadn't written, flopped. Randy: ''We told CBS, "No, no, no, don't put Blame It on the Boogie; put Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground), which Michael and I had written. But CBS loved Boogie too, me I think they still didn't believe us one hundred percent.'' Fortunately, Shake Your Body became the second single from the album. It did very well, hitting number seven on the Billboard pop chart. Randy: ''Actually, that song should have been number one. It sold two million copies, a high number for a single. But I don't think pop radio or the press were ready to accept our return, yet.'' But the audience was. Destiny ultimately won double platinum. As Destiny roared high on the charts in the early months of 1979, the Jacksons performed in Britain, Europe and Africa, the ''first legs'' on their world tour that year.' 'What a positive title for your album!'' I thought, as I reflected on the boys. ''Returning the pop spotlight.'' As if you see, Destiny has become a word that could also apply to Michael re-emerging as a solo talent.''
By Katherine Jackson. Co-authored by Richard Wiseman in his book My Family, The Jacksons, October 1990.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 8 agosto 2021, 9:42

Tito Jackson
@titojackson5

@WashInformer
: Tito Jackson’s New Star-Studded Album Targets Civil Unrest | “It’s a thing with the Jacksons that we’ve always tried to go for harmony, peace, and love throughout the world,” Tito Jackson said. “This is just another limb on that tree.”
https://washingtoninformer.com/tito-jac ... il-unrest/

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 8 agosto 2021, 16:10

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 9 agosto 2021, 9:48

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 12 agosto 2021, 16:15

Britney Spears & Michael Jackson: Exposing the Truth w/ Taj Jackson Interview
26,330 viewsStreamed live on 4 Aug 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnuqLoRILyU

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 16 agosto 2021, 16:25

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 17 agosto 2021, 20:55

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 18 agosto 2021, 11:43

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 18 agosto 2021, 20:39

"Some of my most cherished memories of home center on my mother and the many good times we shared. One day I teasingly told my brothers, “You guys go to Europe all the time, but I’m going to be the first person to take mother there. It was going to be a special trip, just the two of us together."
Before we left, Michael handed me an envelope. ´Here,´ he said, smiling. ´Give this to Mother when the plane is up in the air, okay?´
What is it? I wondered. Once airborne, I took the envelope from my bag and handed it to her. ´Mother, this is for you, from Mike.´ ´For me?´ she asked, surprised. No loja virtual matter how many gifts her children lavish on her, for Mother each is like the first one. Inside were $10,000 in cash and a piece of paper on which Michael had written the lyrics to one of her favorite songs...
´Moon River...´Two drifters off to see the world, there’s such a lot of world to see.´
Tears welled in our eyes. By the time we got to Michael’s inscription,
´Please enjoy yourself. Don’t hesitate to do anything. Just go for it. It’s your life, Enjoy it. Love, Michael.´
We were crying like a couple of idiots. All the passengers stared at us, and the flight attendants kept asking if there was something they could do. #LaToyaJackson, Michael's sister

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 agosto 2021, 17:05

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 23 agosto 2021, 20:36

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 25 agosto 2021, 12:44

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 27 agosto 2021, 11:41

Tito, Marlon and Jackie are currently on tour as The Jacksons and they will be playing at the “Happy Days Festival” in the UK this Saturday and then in Oostende, Belgium on Sunday.
During a recent interview, Tito Jackson confirmed “it’s going to be fun. We will sing songs from his albums, like ‘Rock With You’ and ‘Can’t Let Her Get Away’… We’ve been doing tributes to Michael for some time now, it’s one of my favourite parts of the show. We miss him and we miss being on records on with him.”
Tito also confirmed that along with the classic Jacksons and Jackson 5’s songs, they will be playing his new single ‘Love One Another’.
The Estate will be celebrating Michael Jackson Birthday in Las Vegas.
Source : MJ Vibes

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 30 agosto 2021, 12:59

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 5 settembre 2021, 21:10

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 6 settembre 2021, 9:24

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 7 settembre 2021, 15:34

https://www.mjvibe.com/janet-jackson-do ... Ekn1GC00IE

Janet Jackson Documentary set for January 2022
By
Admin Team
September 6, 2021

Janet Jackson just released the teaser for her own-made documentary titled simply “JANET.”

Janet Jackson’s life story will get the documentary treatment from Lifetime and A&E to celebrate the 40th anniversary of her first album.

At its virtual upfront today, the A+E Networks group highlighted its upcoming programming slate and announced that Lifetime and A&E have ordered a two-night, four-hour documentary event with the working titled “JANET.” Jackson’s first album, titled “Janet Jackson,” was released in 1982 when she was 16.

The documentary, co-produced by Workerbee and Associated Entertainment Corporation, promises to offer unprecedented access to the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer’s life, and an intimate, honest and unfiltered look at the untold story of one of the highest-earning artists in music history.

Filming on “JANET” has been under way for three years. The doc follows Janet as her family is going through the loss of her father, Joseph, the patriarch of the Jackson dynasty who passed in 2018. Producers were granted exclusive access to archival footage and never-before-seen home videos while developing the documentary for the past three years. “JANET” will also detail the most talked-about moments of her life, including her 2004 Super Bowl appearance with Justin Timberlake in which she inadvertently exposed a portion of her breast, sparking controversy that would hover for more than a decade. The docu will also explore Jackson’s reaction to the death of her brother, the legendary Michael Jackson, and her process of becoming a mother.

There will be also unreleased videos of Janet and Michael together.

Immagine

“JANET” will debut in January 2022 on Lifetime and A&E. The docu is executive produced by Janet Jackson and Randy Jackson. Executive producer for Workerbee is Rick Murray and Brie Miranda Bryant serves as executive producer for A+E Networks. Ben Hirsch is directing.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 8 settembre 2021, 10:16

“If you think Michael’s gay leave him with your wife for a day. See what happens”

- Tito Jackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 settembre 2021, 8:53

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 settembre 2021, 9:00

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 settembre 2021, 17:27

The African American Folklorist
@AAFNewspaper
·
Sep 16
So, yall know I write for
@BluesMusicMag
, and I just interviewed Tito Jackson for a featured article!!
his #blues album is fire!
Dude is not only a legend but a stand-up cat!!
@JackPearley

@BluesFoundation

#Jacksons #titojackson #titojackson5 #jackson5

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 settembre 2021, 7:32

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 1 ottobre 2021, 22:00

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 4 ottobre 2021, 22:24

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 5 ottobre 2021, 21:16

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 11 ottobre 2021, 13:00

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 16 ottobre 2021, 10:23

MJJJusticeProject #1Billion4MJ
@MJJJusticePrjct

Katherine Jackson looking so beautiful - God bless her! photo posted by Yashi Brown, her granddaughter.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 ottobre 2021, 9:47

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 23 ottobre 2021, 9:04

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 ottobre 2021, 21:59

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 29 ottobre 2021, 20:34

“He was so shy, he’d sit down and sing behind the couch with his back to me while I sat there with my hands over my eyes with the lights out. I think the thing for him was he was a complete triple treat. He could sing like nobody’s business, he could dance like nobody’s business with electric performances. So, every time he hit the stage, no matter what he was doing, no matter what type of song he was doing, all eyes were on him. I think Michael was a sheer natural, dropped on this earth by the Most High to show everyone how to do it… and, he did it. He was born with talent, you don’t learn it, no one teaches you how to be Michael Jackson in grade school. The true, true stars are people with unique and unbelievable talent like no one else. He didn’t sound like anyone else, he didn’t dance like anyone else, and he had that special something that only stars have. There are a lot of people who assume they’re stars… he was a real star. Around the world, this guy is held up in honor as the greatest entertainer. He transcended everything. He was that uber star, not just a regular star. I think now, people are trying to remember the joy that he brought into everyone’s lives, and also the sheer greatness of this talent, which is what you should be applauding at this time. This is one of those times in our lifetime that we saw a real beacon.” -
Steven Randall 'Randy' Jackson about his beloved brother Michael

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 15 novembre 2021, 8:27

Jackson Source

A new New York Times-FX/Hulu docuseries takes a look back at that moment and the cultural ramifications it created, examining the damage the stunt did to Janet Jackson while Justin Timberlakee emerged unscathed.
“Malfunction: The Dressing Down of Janet Jackson” debuts Friday, Nov. 19. Directed by Jodi Gomes (“One Child Left Behind: The APS Teaching Scandal”; “The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty”).
https://youtu.be/OddhPlcQrmo

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 17 novembre 2021, 9:08

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 novembre 2021, 8:24

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 23 novembre 2021, 8:50

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 novembre 2021, 7:41

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 novembre 2021, 10:25

https://netherlandsnewslive.com/janet-j ... gyVz2Pl3j4

Janet Jackson refused to cooperate in documentary about nipple incident | show

Immagine

The New York Times documentary about the famous ‘nipplegate’ incident involving Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake during the 2004 Super Bowl intermission is not to the 55-year-old singer’s liking. According to Wayne Scot Lukas, the stylist who designed the much-discussed outfit for that performance, Jackson did not want to participate in the documentary. This reports Page Six.

“She has not asked for a Janet Jackson documentary and is not looking forward to it. She has asked all of us not to participate because she wants to tell her own story,” said Lukas, who said he contributed to the documentary that Janet herself will release in January 2022. “I didn’t talk about the Super Bowl in that either, because that’s something she handles herself. I stick to my own story and have been working with Janet for 18 years, so you can rest assured that I am loyal to her.”

The documentary, titled Malfunction: The Dressing Down of Janet Jackson, discusses how Jackson was criticized after her chest was accidentally exposed during the performance. This happened after Timberlake ripped open her outfit. The incident went around the world and although Timberlake had the largest share in the ‘stunt’, it was Jackson who had to pay for it with cancellations and rejections.

For example, she was denied access to the Grammy Awards while Timberlake received a nomination. The Viacom company, which produced the show, stopped airing Jackson’s videos on MTV, which was also owned by Viacom.

The opposition did not turn out to be the end of Jackson’s career. For example, the singer was added to the Rock & Rock Hall Of Fame in 2019, after her brothers as The Jackson 5 in 1997 and Michael Jackson as a solo artist in 2001 were already awarded that honor. She also remains one of the world’s best-selling female artists of all time.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 novembre 2021, 8:48

"Michael was standing beside me...I was about 8, he was barely 4
...with his elbows on the sill and his chin resting in his hands.
We were looking into the dark from our bedroom window as the snow fell on Christmas Eve, leaving us both in awe. It was coming down so thick and fast that our neighborhood seemed beneath some heavenly pillow fight, each floating feather captured in the clear haze of one streetlight.
The three homes opposite were bedecked in mostly multicoloured bulbs, but one particular family, the Whites, had decorated their whole place with clear lights, complete with a Santa on the lawn and glowing-nosed reindeers. They had white lights trimming the roof, lining the pathway and festooned in the windows, blinking on and off, framing the fullest tree we had seen.
We observed all this from inside a home with no tree, no lights, no nothing. Our tiny house, on the corner of Jackson Street and 23rd Avenue, was the only one without decoration. We felt it was the only one in Gary, Indiana, but Mother assured us that, no, there were other homes and other Jehovah’s Witnesses who did not celebrate Christmas, like Mrs. Macon’s family two streets up. But that knowledge did nothing to clear our confusion: we could see something that made us feel good, yet we were told it wasn’t good for us. Christmas wasn’t God’s will: it was commercialism. In the run-up to December 25 we felt as if we were witnessing an event to which we were not invited, and yet we still felt its forbidden spirit.
At our window, we viewed everything from a cold, gray world, looking into a shop where everything was alive, vibrant and sparkling with color; where children played in the street with their new toys, rode new bikes or pulled new sleds in the snow. We could only imagine what it was to know the joy we saw on their faces.
Michael and I played our own game at that window: pick a snowflake under the streetlight, track its descent and see which one was the first to “stick.” We observed the flakes tumble, separated in the air, united on the ground, dissolved into one. That night we must have watched and counted dozens of them before we fell quiet.
Michael looked sad...and I can see myself now, looking down on him from an 8-year-old’s height, feeling that same sadness." #JermaineJackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 dicembre 2021, 9:18

MJJJusticeProject #1Billion4MJ
@MJJJusticePrjct

Michael Jackson 1980 - Jackson 5 Star on Walk of Fame in Hollywood --the Michael led, Jackson 5 were the first act in recording history to have their first four major label singles reach the top of the Billboard Hot 100.Fire

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 15 dicembre 2021, 15:14

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 17 dicembre 2021, 8:20

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 18 dicembre 2021, 7:25

December 17, 1978. The Jacksons released “Destiny” recorded in part at Dawnbreaker Studios, San Fernando, California.
Destiny is the thirteenth studio album and was the first album they had complete creative control over, and with seven of the eight songs being written solely by The Jacksons, this album solidified the group finally gaining their full artistic liberation. It was also the first album produced by the brothers who promoted it with a year long world tour.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 dicembre 2021, 7:59

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 30 dicembre 2021, 7:43

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 2 gennaio 2022, 8:18

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 4 gennaio 2022, 14:41

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 5 gennaio 2022, 8:31

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 7 gennaio 2022, 9:12

TSCM
@MJJRepository

Janet's closing remarks about MJ in her 2011 autobiography, which she dedicated to him.

When her documentary airs and the context behind her expression of the media's "guilt by association" toward the Jackson name becomes more understood, how many outlets will do a follow-up?

Immagine

Rispondi