I never knew this!

Michael Jackson's news in English. Your updated reference for Michael Jackson's news in English language from all around the world. Rumors, gossip and true facts. And a lot of Michael Jackson's beautiful pictures.
soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Re: I never knew this!

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 dicembre 2020, 7:45

Mourad Mesellaty

#StoryOfTheDay...Like many musical partnerships, their fall out came over ‘creative differences.’ between #MichaelJackson and Paul Mc Cartney.
Well, that’s at least one way to put it, as Michael’s creativity with his money was not something Paul Mc Cartney was happy about when it came to Michael Jackson buying the entire back catalogue of The Beatles.
Michael Jackson purchased the publishing copyrights to songs written by Lennon-McCartney and some early songs by George Harrison.
However, things became real when the catalogue of songs from ATV Music became available to purchase, and both Paul Mc Cartney and Yoko Ono, John Lennon’s widow, decided against purchasing them.
Michael bought the rights to these songs, as well as some early George Harrison songs, for $47.5million in 1985.
The catalogue came up for sale in 1984, and there were various bids for the publishing company.
However, Michael’s bid was successful, starting with $46million
By 2016, Sony acquired Michael’s stake in Sony/ATV for $750million, which was awarded to his estate, but this did not include his 10 percent stake in EMI Publishing.
After the 2016 acquisitions, Paul Mc Cartney launched a legal challenge which sought to recover the rights to his half of the Lennon-McCartney catalogue, as copyright laws in the USA allow the author to reclaim the rights on anything they published before 1978, which would include the entire catalogue.
He was successful, so while Michael Jackson owned The Beatles songs for a long while, one share of the publishing rights now sits firmly with Paul Mc Cartney.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 30 dicembre 2020, 11:13

Justice for The Falsely Accused
@JuliaBerkowitz1

Michael Jackson in a high school yearbook. He was voted "most creative", "syhest" and "best dressed" by his classmates. But he wasn't voted "most likely to succeed". I wonder who was. LOL.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 5 febbraio 2021, 11:51

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 febbraio 2021, 7:34

'She's Out of My Life' was the first song recorded for the album ' Off The Wall' , a ballad written by producer and composer Tom Bahler. Michael felt that it was the ballads that would make his first solo-adult album his trademark, as his brothers were never very enthusiastic about them.
"On my own album, I can do some things that I can't do on Jacksons' albums, I can do the ballads I want," explained Michael in 1979.
Bahler revealed the story of how 'She's Out of My Life' came about. He wrote in 1977. " Everyone seemed to believe this story about [singer] Karen Carpenter," said Bahler. “But the music was not inspired by Karen. In fact, I wrote the song after breaking up with Rhonda Rivera, it was this separation that inspired her. I was with Rhonda for two years ... all my relationships seemed to last for two years! That's why I wrote the line 'Think for two years that she was here'. "
One day Bahler played the song for Quincy, who knew immediately that it would be a success. "Quincy said to me, 'Tom, if you trust me, I will make it a success with someone.' So, he sat there for two years, waiting for the right artist to show up. When I wrote it, I originally thought of Frank Sintra. "
Still not finding the right person to sing 'She's Out of My Life', Quincy suggested that Michael record it.
"After Quincy agreed to produce Michael's album, he said to me, 'I think we should do' She's Out of My Life 'with Michael," "recalls Bahler. “I wasn't so sure because Michael was very young at the time - I felt that maybe he was not mature enough for the song. But Quincy said, 'Hey, this is going to give him adult emotions.'
Bahler revealed that Michael loved "She's Out Of My Life" and even wanted it to be the lead single. “It's so beautiful that I think it could be another 'Ben', Michael said shortly after recording the song. But Quincy made it clear that he certainly wouldn't open the album with a ballad.
Chief engineer Bruce Swedien remembers how MJ struggled to sing the lyrics. Michael was rehearsing his vocals in the studio the day before "She's Out of My Life" was recorded:
“Michael was sitting on the drums, singing with his heart,” recalls Swedien. "Each time we reached the third verse: 'Damn indecision, and damn pride!' , Michael couldn't say the word 'damn'. He just couldn't do it! He stopped singing and, with his foot, stepped on the bass drum pedal as high as possible. He just couldn't curse. When the rehearsal ended, Quincy told Michael that he would absolutely have to sing the word 'damn' for the recording. Michael nodded and said to Q: 'I know'. And he did. ”
The recording of 'She's Out of My Life' vocals became one of the most exciting studio sessions of Michael's career. He was immersed in the emotion of the song, crying at the end of each of the countless takes he made..."The words suddenly had such a strong effect on me," Michael explained. "I let the passion grow inside me."
In the end, Quincy and Bahler chose the first vocal they recorded with Michael, because none of the subsequent takes hit them like that. "It took a little courage for Michael to sing the way he did ," Bahler said. “He had no confidence at the time, he just came and sang the song, and was informed of every move he was supposed to make. It was great, incredible indeed, what he did with that vocal. "
When Michael collapsed again at the end of what would be the last shot, he apologized and was embarrassed.
“Michael was ashamed to enter the control room and just tiptoed out of the Allen Zentz Studio's back door, got in the car and left the building,” recalls Bruce Swedien.
Another song that Michael Jackson and Quincy Jones chose to record was written by Paul McCartney. Michael remembers meeting McCartney at a party at Harold Lloyd's Los Angeles home in June 1976, the former Beatle said he had written a song for him, even though the two had never met before.
McCartney started humming a song called 'Girlfriend' to Michael and the two exchanged phone numbers, promising to collaborate in the near future. But commitments from both postponed the meeting and McCartney put the song on the London Town album by the Wings (his band), released in March 1978.
What happened next was, as Michael said, a great coincidence. While considering the songs for the album, Quincy suggested to Michael to record 'Girlfriend'.
Quincy had no idea that McCartney wrote the song with Michael in mind, and the decision to include it on the album was an easy one. At the time, 'Girlfriend' was even considered the title of the album.
Michael also had another surprise for Quincy. Stevie Wonder was working on her 1976 album, Songs in the Key of Life , with Susaye Greene of Motown's legendary girl group, The Supremes, when the two created “I Can't Help It” . Greene said that Wonder expressed a desire to write something for Michael, who was invited to participate in the production sessions.
Michael was delighted and accepted it with gratitude and included it on the album. Wonder was thrilled. "He was like a little boy," said Greene. "We were delighted."
Watching Wonder in the studio would also be invaluable in developing Michael's production skills. Michael said he learned a lot. "Stevie Wonder, he's a musical prophet," said Michael.
Quincy also suggested that Michael cover "It's the Falling in Love" , a ballad that American singer Carole Bayer Sager had written and included on her own 1978 album, Too . Quincy brought in Grammy-winning singer, producer and songwriter David Foster to adapt it, and the Canadian received credit for his work. The song features vocals from Quincy's goddaughter Patti Austin.
Quincy chose songs like 'She's Out of My Life' , 'Girlfriend', 'I Can't Help It' and 'It's the Falling in Love' because the world needed to meet the adult Michael Jackson who played with more mature themes, including relationships .
Source : Mike Smallcombe, British journalist

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 14 febbraio 2021, 7:19

February 13, 1992
Marie Claude André Coulibaly Camara, a 17-year-old girl, will have the opportunity to meet and cuddle with her idol during her stay in C ôte d ' Ivoire. She revealed her story shortly after the disappearance of the star in 2009
I met Michael on February 13, 1992, on the occasion of his arrival in C Costate d ' Ivoire. This event was organized by Gabonese, led by Mr. Ali Bongo, son of late President Oumar Bongo. I was learning how to bake at the Ivoire Hotel. I must say when I was little I loved Michael Jackson. Imitated his songs, his dancing... everything he was worried about was interested in. On that date, I asked my boss to release us a little earlier, so that I too could welcome my idol. He asked me to do my job first. I joked with him saying I had to leave, because Michael Jackson was a friend. He said this to me, ′′ Michael, where does he know you from And I randomly responded to him like this, with confidence, that Michael is a friend and that we must know each other Then let us go and I went down the stairs. We also went to see him as he was staying in Ivoire. But there were a lot of people. We insisted and were able to access the large tower where it was staying. We were there, and a lady came down and asked a young man next to me if he could follow her. The latter said he wasn't done yet. So I immediately offered to do this homework without even knowing what to expect. It was after I asked him what it was. Because, I, I was just looking for a ticket to have access to Michael Jackson. The lady accepted and let me know that it was Madame Cissé, the foreign affairs officer of the hotel Ivoire asking to see someone. Went to see Mrs. Cisse, who took me to another person who was a member of Michael Jackson's staff. That's when I was told it was to take care of Michael Jackson's monkey (the one the president of Gabon had given him)
It was at that very moment that I realized I had done well to volunteer. Then we took the elevator to the 22th floor where it was staying. Arrived in the lobby of 22, we saw a lot of people. It was like in a movie. I noticed this by seeing people with cameras. They asked me if I wasn't afraid to keep Michael's monkey. The manager took me to the star door and told him he had someone to take care of his monkey but it was a girl. He opened the door and saw it, how I see you right now. Stunned I looked at him. As dipped in a dream the monkey rose from a jump and grabbed me, like he wanted to cuddle. But I didn't take care of the monkey, because it was rather my star that I was interested in. I was watching my dream come true. Michael Jackson smiled at me, looked at him and grabbed the monkey. He let me know he had to say hello to our PM so I had to stay with his monkey for awhile. I was so happy to keep the monkey. They left and came back after. He wanted his monkey back, but the animal didn't want to leave again. Then he clung to me. It was from that moment that my story began. So she asked to find me a room next to hers so I could keep her monkey. He insisted I get everything I needed. They later called my parents to let them know. They didn't believe it. My mom doubted so much she ended up calling Ivoire. The receptionist said to her, ′′ Ah, ma'am, is that your daughter You guys are lucky!". So I stayed with them throughout their stay, until February 17th. Spent the day like I spent it with my family. You know, there's a lot of talk about artists, but it's better to know them. It's true that he's a big world star, but it wasn't complicated. I would go back to her room and sit on her bed. He had a mirror in which he looked at himself for practice. He did it all the time and you could hear the whispers, the snaps of his fingers. He was relaxed, wearing a sleeveless shirt, pants and socks.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 18 febbraio 2021, 7:44

Mourad Mesellaty

#StoryOfTheDay...As people know #MichaelJackson came to Taiwan in 1993 for the #DangerousWorldTour. What many people may not be aware of was that before he began the Asian leg of the Dangerous tour, he briefly flew into Taiwan before departing to Bangkok for his first concert. He flew China Airlines, a Taiwanese based company.
Possibly to confuse the press, instead of flying his own private jet to Bangkok, Michael set off for Bangkok a day earlier than planned, via San Francisco to Taipei for the connection flight to Bangkok. To avoid the unnecessary press attention, the schedule was kept confidential, it was only leaked to the Taiwanese press the next day by passengers who recognised Michael, and later confirmed by the Airlines.
Without anyone noticing, Michael Jackson was the last passenger at the last minute to board the China Airlines CI-003 from San Francisco wearing his hat and surgical mask. He sat at the front by the window in the first class cabin with his agent (Michael's security Bill Bray). He arrived at the Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport around 19.30pm on 21st August. Michael was greeted on board by the company head of the public relations Mr. Luo and other senior members before they briefly took a walk "sightseeing" the transfer area.
Michael kept praising the display of the hallway, walking back and forth a few times, he seemed to be very happy to be on the island of Taiwan for the first time.
At 20.30 before all other passengers, Michael boarded the next plane CI-065 heading to Bangkok, unknown to the cabin crew. As usual they were busy preparing for taking off, when they unexpectedly saw Michael, the whole crew were in complete disbelief. Michael who apparently owned 4 private jets, recognised the plane that he was traveling in as the brand new MD-11.
However, the first crew members on the CI-003 included chief cabin Mr. Zhang, air attendance Ms. Zhu and Ms. Liu who had flown in with the pop icon via San Francisco, they felt exceptionally honoured to meet Michael. All complimented on his charm and good manners after spending time with him on the long haul flight.
Zhang recalled that after Michael boarded the plane, he expressed his wish to catch up on some sleep, as he had not slept the previous night due to various things to do with his tour. After the plane took off, he soon fell asleep for 5-6 hours. Zhang was surprised that a super star such as Michael Jackson, appeared to be so kind, pure and innocent, which was beyond his expectation. After Michael woke up, he went into the kitchen to check things out and chatted to everyone, he even got himself some children's toys and stickers. There was no doubt that he really adored children, when he was asked to sign a photo of an air attendant's two year old daughter, Michael took as long as 5 seconds looking at the photo before putting the pen down.
Zhu said that the crew were excited to meet Michael, but only herself alongside with colleague Liu were privileged to look after him. Michael chatted to them a lot, and often showed his appreciation for their work. Michael was not a big eater, he preferred vegetarian food, so he didn't eat much on the flight. He mainly accepted almonds and peanut type snacks. Zhu said Michael wasn't fussy about wine glasses, he had white wine in a coffee cup, and only had an apple and yogurt for breakfast. The crew also noted his caring side, when he woke up in the dark just before breakfast, trying not to disturb other passengers while looking out of the window, he thoughtfully covered up his head and the window with a blanket to stop the light coming in.
Liu also recalled some memorable moments with Michael. She gave Michael orange juice after he asked for her recommendation, she also let Michael borrow her "Polo" fragrance to spray himself, and even gave Michael her China Airlines Eagle badge, pinning it on Michael's shirt after he had shown his admiration for it. But for Liu, the most memorable moment with the King of Pop was when she was putting a blanket on him ready for sleep, and wished him a good dream, Michael was moved by the gesture, sincerely like a boy, and said to her "I love you", which really warmed her heart....
Apart from a few hours sleep, the rest of the time Michael was actively chatting to the crew, looking through the window, playing poker with his agent and reading the airline magazine. He even bought a toy plane watch.
The plane journey went very smoothly, Michael didn't forget to pay compliments to the chief pilot Mr. Cao. He cheered as soon as the plane landed, his child like spirit was contagious, all the other passengers were soon cheering along with him!
Before getting off the plane, lots of passengers and the crew couldn't resist asking Michael for his autograph which he was happy to give. Senior air attendants later commented about their years of experience in dealing with international stars, Michael was the most sincere and approachable, something they would never forget!
It was a very rare occasion for Michael to be on board a commercial flight. He was especially grateful for the excellent service he received from the flight attendants, and expressed that he would fly China Airlines again if the opportunity arose. In fact, his agent did just that the next day, by cancelling his original booking with other airlines and again flying with China Airlines back to the U.S.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 febbraio 2021, 7:22

Actor Wesley Snipes revealed in a new interview why he beat another superstar, Prince, for his role in #MichaelJackson's short film "Bad".
Wesley Snipes is famously the star of “Bad,” a Michael Jackson clip directed by Martin Scorsese in 1987 - but he revealed in a new interview that this was only because he beat another superstar, Prince, for the role.
“Prince and I auditioned for this clip, but I did better. Michael wanted to give the role to Prince, but after seeing me he put it aside, ”said Snipes. "I'm not kidding, that's what happened".
In an interview in 1997, singer Prince gave another reason for his departure from the clip. " I didn't want to be the subject of that first verse of the song: 'Your butt is mine' ," said Prince.
Source : MJ Beats

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 febbraio 2021, 7:35

February 25, 2002. It was announced that #MichaelJackson's Neverland Entertainment ′′ is investing approximately $20 million in ′′ MDP Worldwide Entertainment Inc.". Mark Damon, Executive Director of MDP, said that Michael would be a producer, actor and director of ′′Neverland Pictures′′ .
The company was announced at a private dinner at the Benedict Canyon home on Damon Hill attended by 250 guests. Michael appeared with his friend Elizabeth Taylor and the director of ′′ Rush Hour", Brett Ratner, to promote the deal.
As part of the deal, MDP will operate a new division, Neverland Pictures, headed by Michael and Patel along with key executive Lawrence Mortoff. The company plans to produce a range of projects with a focus on family films and re-imaginations of classics, some of which might be directed by and/or star Jackson.
The venture was announced during a private dinner reception at Damon’s hillside Benedict Canyon home, attended by 250 guests. Making a rare appearance, Michael showed up along with longtime friend Elizabeth Taylor and “Rush Hour” director Brett Ratner to tout the deal.
Until his arrival, it was not clear whether Michael would show up at the event, but suddenly he appeared from a nearby dining room and entered the dinner tent to a standing ovation, arm in arm with Taylor. After making it to their throne like chairs onstage, Jackson took to the microphone and explained his decision to invest in MDP and enter the indie film business.
Michael said he will be involved in all aspects of the company, such as reading scripts, plucking talent and directing:
“I dream great dreams. Everything I've achieved started with a dream, and of all the dreams, this is the one I am most passionate about.
The painter paints, the sculptor sculpts, but they just capture a glimpse of life – of the subject. And film, this medium, you live with the protagonist, you suffer with the protagonist, you laugh with the protagonist, you despair with the protagonist. It’s the most artistic, influential medium of all. I have a lot to express in film. I’ll be doing the whole thing, behind and in front [of the camera].
I love it. I am very proud of what we’re doing, and I promise you wonderful and fantastical things to come.”
Michael revealed that his favorite movie is “To Kill a Mockingbird” and also 1994’s “The Jungle Book,” which Patel produced and Damon executive produced, marking the duo’s first collaboration.
He said: "Both Raju and I love the way classic stories can be reinvented for the screen. My favorite movies such as Raju's 'Jungle Book' and 'Pinocchio' were re-imagined as major features, and were produced outside the traditional studio system. Films have always been a passion for me as a fan and as an artist and there is nothing in the world like the magic captured forever in a time capsule like motion picture images. Raju and I are very excited to be joining together with MDP Worldwide and producer, Mark Damon, who has a very successful track record as an independent producer and distributor."
After seeing the movie, Michael Jackson called Patel, who also produced “The Adventures of Pinocchio” and “The Second Jungle Book: Mowgli & Baloo,” to compliment him on his work, and the two became friends.
That brought Michael Jackson and Patel to Damon’s MDP. Patel said he and Michael Jackson chose to invest in MDP and launch Neverland under their banner to gain creative freedom outside the studio system. “Michael wants control, and that’s hard to get at a studio level,” he said. “He wants to be able to go straight from an idea into the marketing.”
Neverland already has a slate of projects, with three of them expected to be announced shortly. Whether any of those include Jackson-directed projects is unclear, but if he’s not willing to hop behind the camera so soon, his close friend Elizabeth Taylor is.
“I wanted to direct for quite a while,” Elizabeth Taylor said in an interview. “ I've observed and picked up so much from other directors and other actors and learned just by osmosis. I’d like to take the knowledge I've learned from them and have a go at it.”
Michael has had several previous forays into film production, more notable for their ambitious announcements than their actual output: in 1991, he signed a nonexclusive first-look deal with Columbia Pictures through his Nation Films banner.
In 1993, he announced a second feature film company, Michael Jackson Productions Inc., promising to deliver movies with positive and uplifting themes.
Michael Jackson addressed the shareholders of MDP Worldwide Entertainment, Inc. on April 12, 2002. Neverland, an entity co-headed by Michael Jackson and film producer Raju Sharad Patel announced recently that they had signed an agreement with MDP Worldwide Entertainment, Inc. to enter into a proposed investment and partnership for MDP's future film production.
Montreal-based MDP Worldwide Entertainment Inc. is hoping to produce several movies starring Michael Jackson, including at least one blockbuster costing more than $60 million.
In the taped address at MDP's annual general meeting on Friday, Michael explained his interest in working with an independent film production company instead of a major studio:
"The answer is simply that in the independent world I can make the films I want and be as creative as I want," he said, identifying four films he'd like to make.
The first would be 'Wolfed,' inspired by 'An American Werewolf in London,' which was the theme of Jackson's hugely popular 'Thriller' video in the 1980s. It would be filmed partially in Montreal. Others planned are 'Plastic Man' and 'Arabian Nights'.
Michael Jackson wants to enter the film business because he feels:
"There's nothing in the world like the magic captured for ever in motion-picture images."
He would become a major shareholder in the company if the deal closes, as expected, within two months and 'Wolfed' could be out in theatres as soon as 18 months, according to Mark Damon, chairman and majority shareholder of MDP Worldwide.
Michael Jackson further explained that he wants to 'make dreams come true in a much grander way' with his cooperation with MDP Worldwide Entertainment. He wants the new label to include film, commercials, and concerts:
"[It all] should come under this banner of great family-oriented entertainment ... so let's get this done."
He also asked them to change their name to 'Neverland Pictures' or 'Neverland Worldwide Inc'. 'Neverland Pictures' is owned by Michael Jackson and partner-producer Raju Patel and Michael says the brand name is "synonymous with quality". The name-change should also catch the attention of good actors and investors.
"I'm completely dedicated to the new 'Neverland' and the films we'll make together must be big and spin off entire franchise industries just as George Lucas did with 'Star Wars' and 'Indiana Jones'. We'll create value for all shareholders."
Chairman Mark Damon said MDP will change the name as soon as the deal has been finalized. He also stated that they have had a lot of money offers:
"We'll do higher-budget films and our first as Neverland will be 'The I Inside' starring Ryan Philippe'. The deal will help us integrate vertically and a music venture is possible."
Source: Montreal/Canadian Press

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 febbraio 2021, 11:25

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 2 marzo 2021, 7:52

Music legend Nile Rodgers has come out to say that it was because of #MichaelJackson that he re-entered the music business in the 1990s, after the King of Pop invited him to work on the 1995 ‘HIStory’ album.
The Chic legend says that without the encouragement from Michael and the opportunity to work on Michael’s smash hit album, he wouldn’t have returned to the industry after disbanding his group Chic in 1983.
Rodgers, who played on Michael’s song ‘Money,’ said;
“24 years ago when I’d stopped playing music for around eight months, I got a call from Michael Jackson to come down to the studio and work with him on his album ‘HIStory’. He was a good friend at the time and it thanks to him that I got back into the music industry.”
In the history of pop second winds, Nile Rodgers may be setting a record. From the mid Seventies through the late Eighties, Rodgers’ footprint was all over the charts. First, he was the co-founder of the iconic disco band Chic, the man who co-wrote and played guitar on “Le Freak,” “Good Times,” and Sister Sledge’s “We Are Family.” Although Chic disbanded in 1983.
Nile Rodgers: "This is my old girlfriend Andrea, Michael Jackson and me." ( Pictures below taken backstage during the #BadWorldTour ).
“People don’t understand my relationship with Michael,” he says. “We were outcasts. He was the wacky guy in The Jackson 5. I was the wacky guy in New York City. Boom! It was love!”
And though they formed a bond, it wasn’t until the Nineties that Nile Rodgers worked with Michael in the studio.
“I was having a really bad drug problem and it was Michael who talked me into coming back to the music business. He was doing his record called HIStory and he called me.”
He said, ‘Nile, I want you to come and play on my record’. I said, ‘Michael, I’ve left the music business entirely. I’m in a drug rehab and I’ve been here for the last six or seven months’. Phone goes dead.
Then he calls back and says, ‘I REALLY want you to play’. He wasn’t taking no for an answer. I got sober in 1994, so this would have been around then. I played the song Money in five or ten minutes. I like to put the artist under pressure!”
On talking rehab with Michael Jackson during the making of HIStory in 1995. My part on the Michael Jackson record really took minutes. Minutes. He okayed it, and he was like, “Great.” As I was leaving the studio, he stopped me and said, “Nile, can I talk to you for a while?” We talked for about an hour. I told him about what I was doing to get sober and the day program, and he had never heard this phrase “day program.” I’d never heard it either until I’d gotten to rehab. And I explained to him how a day program worked. I was shocked he was so interested in drug rehab and all this stuff. I didn’t know Michael as anything but this sort of pixie-like character.
I looked at the world through his eyes. He was overly concerned about the way the media was representing him, or misrepresenting him. The world seemed like it was against him. And I offered him a remedy, which was, “Come to my house [in Connecticut], and nobody will even care.” And I could see the look on his face, like, “I don’t want people to not care, I only want them to say good stuff.” I’m like, “Well, Michael, they can’t always say good stuff! Because we’re weird. We’re weird guys, and we do weird stuff. And it’s open for criticism, bro!” He’d been famous since he was a child. So he only knew superstardom, and he only knew when people loved him. When people were weird with him, he couldn’t understand it.
Source : David Brown for #RollingStones

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 7 marzo 2021, 7:56

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 marzo 2021, 7:57

Michael Jackson Hellas

The video clip of ′′ Invincible ′′ that never came out!
In 2002 Michael planned to release a short-film video for his favorite track from his latest album ′′ Invincible ", ′′ Unbreakable ". He intended to invite Mel's famous actor and friend Gibson as a star in the video clip.
The hypothesis of the video would be that Michael goes up to a tall building after being persecuted by a group of thugs and to escape dives from the roof of the building into the gap...
When he falls and reaches the ground, he falls to pieces but suddenly, everything comes together and becomes his body, which shortly afterwards becomes fire and eliminates all the villains who chased him dancing on the scaffolding of the building, with new dance routines accompanying the track ′′ UNBREAKABLE ′′ (Indestructible).
Sadly this so impressive video never took place as then Sony did not support Michael's wish...
It's a shame that such a musical gem didn't find the light of audiovisual visualization...
#MichaelJackson #KingofPop #Invincible #Unbreakable #MelGibson
#MJfam
#MJHellas #MichaelJacksonHellas

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 marzo 2021, 19:53

In 1987, inspite a typhoon approached Japanese coasts #MichaelJackson was determined and brave to perform this night,
and this is why the next day Japanese press gave Michael "Typoon"
as nickname.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 16 marzo 2021, 7:42

"Michael told me he had an average of 1,500 lawsuits going
on all the time. Ppl constantly were making all sorts of false claims. Fake paternity, ppl claiming he stole their music etc. Most just wanted to meet him. A hairdresser even tried to sue me for stealing him as a client." #KarenFaye

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 19 marzo 2021, 12:41

This Is It stage clothings for "Dangerous"

Immagine

Mourad Mesellaty source

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 marzo 2021, 21:00

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 marzo 2021, 8:16

March 21, 1997. #MichaelJackson attended with a special award by Sony Music to signify sales of 100 million singles and albums outside of the United States.The special presentation took place at a Sony International meeting in Marbella , Spain.
The award represented Michael's sales since his first solo album for Epic Records in 1979, ‘Off The Wall’. The accolade recognized the popularity of the LP’s, ‘Off The Wall,’ ‘Thriller,’ ‘Bad,’ ‘Dangerous,’ and ‘History.’

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 25 marzo 2021, 19:57

Unpublished footage of #MichaelJackson !
'' There is a video of Michael Jackson that is locked in a safe - he has been in storage for 35 years. Unlike home movies or extra behind-the-scenes images, this unprecedented record is a vision of his life that few fans know about. ''
The above statement is by legendary photographer Norman Seeff in an interview with CBS '60 Minutes program. Norman is known for filming all of his photo shoots and Michael Jackson's is just one of hundreds.
As if that were not enough, there is also a chance that he has materials that includes the Jackson 5.
If we will ever see these rarities? No one knows for sure. Norman Seeff said in his interview that he would need $ 500,000 to successfully recover all the films he made when photographing some of the greatest legends of American music.
Interestingly, there are no online crowdfunding sites created to help Norman Seeff develop his film.
In addition to immeasurable value for fans, there is also archival value. For example, in 2013, Diana Ross's photo with Michael Jackson of Norman Seeff was in a collection called “Photographs by Norman Seeff: The Lost Archive” , was auctioned by Christie's for $ 9,375
Norman Seeff's photographs were essential in Michael Jackson's career and it would not be difficult to believe that his photographs in the near future could win a documentary.
Source : MJBeats

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 4 aprile 2021, 7:25

April 4, 1990. #MichaelJackson
visited the Capitol Children's Museum in Washington D.C., as part of an official visit to meet with President Bush and receive the Capital Children's Museum's "Artist of the Decade" award.
During this one and a half hour tour, Michael was accompanied by Ann Lewin, the director of the museum's National Learning Center, and tests the many activities.
It is in fact the latter that we see beside Michael on many photos that day as well as in a video created in the interactive television studio U-TV (one of the animations of the museum where Michael spent ten minutes), with also Stan Woodward and the director of MediaWorks, the producer Jesse Vaughan, under the special effects of the Fairlight operator.
Christopher Grotke, former Director of Media Arts at the Capital Children Museum, was a mere employee of the museum at the time and recalls Michael's visits in 1990 and around 1992. He is now in charge of putting the filmed work from the 1990s into digital form.
"I met Michael Jackson twice. Several years ago, I was working at the Capital Children's Museum in Washington DC for the Media Arts Program. A lot of celebrities came through that children's museum. I met Mr. Carlton from the Bob Newhart show, Cher, Raisa Gorbechev, Jane Curtain, Jeb and George Bush and all their children, Harry Belafonte and many others.
Michael Jackson arrived on an official visit as part of a deal with an entertainment company that was promoting some pretty expensive new shoes for inner city kids. It was crazy, unlike any other celebrity visit. We had arranged a meeting before his visit where our director even asked if Mr. Jackson was a suitable person to come to the museum. "What kind of music does he play?" She hadn't heard of him!
At the time, I was teaching animation. MTV cameramen stormed the room we were in when Michael approached our part of the building. They jumped up and down on the tables, stomping on the kids' artwork, and pointed their cameras. I yelled at them and kicked them out.
I had a feeling that Michael would come over, take a very quick look around, and go on his way.
Pete, my colleague and friend, arrived to warn us that he would be there soon. A mass of people, assistants, photographers, etc. then arrived. It was almost scary. Impressive bodyguards were at his side, as well as his manager and a number of other people."
The Animation Lab was one of the few rooms in the building with a locking door. Michael and his assistant entered and closed the door. We all looked out at the crowd through the large glass windows. We felt like we were in a zoo.
Seeing that he finally had a moment to himself, Michael relaxed. We started talking about the animation. He looked at our books and videos, and kept saying "I have this" and "Do you have a copy of ...?" He told us about his screening room and I showed him the animation booth and how it worked. We talked about Bugs Bunny, Tex Avery, Chuck Jones, and other animation legends.
He spoke softly in a tone that made me think he was protecting his vocal cords. He was thin, dressed in jeans, and very polite.
Much of this visit remains a blur. I tried to be myself and treat him like I treat everyone else. Still, it was like meeting an international brand, like Coca-Cola or McDonalds, and that softens your brain a bit!
He signed the wall for us ("With love to all the children, Michael Jackson") and after a few minutes he continued his visit to other parts of the museum.
Before he left, he gave each of us, including me, a pair of shoes with the company's name on them. Some of the kids in the museum asked if it was really him!
I got the impression that he had kept his childlike soul. He acted more like the kids who come to the museum than the adults. Quiet, shy, then excited when something interested him, like a cartoon series.
About two years later, our director received a call that Michael was in the area and wanted to visit the museum again. This time nothing official, no media. She called us all and asked if we could stay a little later. "For our old friend Michael? Of course!" we all answered.
Michael Jackson's team was very cautious about his image (...). They asked us not to have any cameras (Pete tried to put one in, but because of the angles, it didn't work), and not to notify the press (our director did, however, as soon as his limo was safely inside the museum).
The limo arrived and Michael and a young teenager, whom he introduced as his cousin from New York, got out. The limo was filled with toys, Michael tells us they had just shopped at a large toy store.
They toured the museum. Michael was wearing a black silk mask over his face. (....) In the Animation Lab, he told me that this was his favorite part of the museum. His cousin was quiet and reserved but I tried to take care of him too.
We decided to try a little animation and look for a book with large pictures to use as a background. The Star Wars book!
We opened the book and started applying it. "How about those big walking machines from the snowy planet?" I asked.
At that moment, before my eyes, Michael became a 12 year old. "Those are the x-13 transporters from Endor. They are modeled after elephants. George Lucas told me that..." and he told me a very detailed description, like a child answering a question.
But I had my own questions. I was curious to know more about morphing, one of the special effects used in his new video, Black Or White. I told him I really liked the effect, and asked him if he was there when it was created. "Yeah, I saw part of it. Did you like the part where the ponytail comes out? That's my favorite part...", Michael told me.
After a while, he had to walk away. They hopped in the back of the limo, this time with photographers at the museum doors trying to get a good picture, and drove off.
On June 14, 2013, Scott Christopher, unveiled a never-before-seen shot of the King of Pop during this visit at AMFM Fest. Michael Jackson is alone in one of the museum's rooms trying out a xylophone in front of a photo of Louis Armstrong.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 7 aprile 2021, 21:47

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 9 aprile 2021, 21:25

Testimony by Brooke Shields
"I went to high school and college and forced it into my life, and Michael didn’t have that luxury. He laughed, I told him what happened in college or high school, and I think he always felt it was unattainable

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 15 aprile 2021, 7:44

April 14, 1993. #MichaelJackson went to Pawtucket, in the state of Rhode Island. This small town, bordering Providence, the capital of the state, is on the border with the state of Massachusetts and close to Boston.
Michael Jackson is there to visit the headquarters of the famous American toy manufacturer, Hasbro. A visit of more than two hours where the singer could see the different production rooms.
"I met Michael Jackson when he stopped by the Hasbro Toy Factory in Pawtucket," says one employee. "He was a very pleasant man who talked to everyone. I was working on one of the toy lines when he stopped by and he asked me what toys I was working on. He signed an autograph for me on a piece of a toy cutout."
"It was really exciting," recalls Paulette Robertson, a sales marketing employee in the Children's Division. "He was very simple, wearing black loafers, white socks, black pants, a hat. He didn't take off his glasses. He was very nice."
Such a visit did not go unnoticed, of course, and the next day The Providence Journal, the oldest daily newspaper in the United States, published an article that gave more insight into the King of Pop's visit.
Michael Jackson arrived at Hasbro's headquarters, a red brick building at 1027 Newport Avenue in Pawtucket, in the afternoon, around 3:30 p.m., in a sedan driven by a friend. They were arriving from Boston, with no other entourage.
Robert Fisher, Hasbro's vice president of research and development, had been told the day before by company president Alan G. Hassenfeld that "someone important" was coming, but he didn't know who. He simply had to make sure the department's designers and sculptors put their work-in-progress on full display. Fisher explained to the Providence Journal, "He's so famous. It was amazing to see the electricity when he walked in."
Michael Jackson was greeted by Wayne Charness, vice president of the Communications Department, who, along with the company's president, was the only one who knew about the organized visit for several weeks.
After a stop in the office of the president, Alan Hassenfield, Michael went to the modeling shop where toy sketches take the form of prototypes.
He then went into the Funlab, Hasbro's toy testing area, where children playing are recorded behind a transparent wall. Michael served them juice and even sat with them to play.
Michael Jackson's presence caused more of a reaction than basketball star Magic Johnson's appearance a few months earlier. "It was crazy," Fisher explained, "some people were running around saying 'You're the best, we love you,' one woman was pretending to die."
"Michael Jackson must have signed over a hundred autographs," Wayne Charness testified. One of them, for Charness' secretary, was written on an annual report.
Hasbro never made a Michael Jackson doll, and there were no plans to do so. "Michael just wanted to see how toys are made," Charness explained.
Michael Jackson was surprised by the breadth of the Hasbro product line, which includes Monopoly, Tinkertoys, Lincoln Logs, Batman and Play-Doh. In fact, he left the factory with a Battle Trolls set, the little figurines that were so popular during the 1990s. This must be the Count Trollula "CT" figure.
"He must have seen 500 toys in half an hour," Fisher said. "When I told him about Play-Doh, he said, 'Wow, you really do everything!"
"There was a certain innocence about him. He was like a child. It was nothing like the person you saw on TV."
The final stop was Hasbro's Delta Drive factory, a five-minute drive from headquarters. Michael Jackson got to see the assembly of Nerf and GI Joe toys. Then Michael Jackson left as quickly as he arrived.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 aprile 2021, 8:45

On September 22, 1984, while in Washington, Michael watched the play "Zorba" with Anthony Quinn and Lilia Kedrova (French actress of Russian origin) at the Kennedy Center Opera House. Michael settled in the presidential box with presidential adviser Edwin Meese, but wanted to remain incognito. The actors did not give the singer such an opportunity, starting the performance with a line: "Okay, take off your white gloves and we'll start."
In the photo from left to right: Edwin Meese (Meese was an adviser to US President Reagan from 1981 to 1985, served as the US attorney general from 1985 to 1988), his wife, Anthony Quinn, Michael and Lilya Kedrova.

Immagine

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 aprile 2021, 8:51

The incident took place at Universal Studios during the filming of his video, SCREAM, with #MichaelJackson and his sister, Janet. Just before I met Michael, while working on the production phase and rehearsals for the Dangerous tour.
Both Mark Romanek, director of Scream, and Tom Foden, production designer, are absolutely perfectionists. It has been a pleasure to work with both on many projects. In the world of cinema, working with people who have a vision is significantly better than failing to be clear about the concept. In this particular job, I worked in the art department directed by Tom Foden along with other members of the department including Dana Garman, Richard Berg, Jamie Vickers, Pietsch Paulie, Mark Brooks, to name a few.
The 'SCREAM' video may be the most expensive video ever made, I think the total production / post-production budget was something like $ 8.3 million. And I can say that the budget for the art department had a large share, almost half. For the scenario, it took three complete spaceships from 'Universal Studios' in Los Angeles, with more than a dozen sets placed in those spaceships. Once recording began, my role was basically the “art department representative”, who had to stay on set all the time as the “art department guy”. Due to the nature of my work, I had a close interaction with the talents on the scene.
During the first day of recording we received a call at 7 am, it was expected that Michael would show up in the afternoon. After hair and makeup at 4:30 pm, the recordings started. It was clear that we were going to record at night for the next 20 days. It was also clear that Michael liked to do this: work at night.
Finally Michael made his entrance and met Mark who explained the recording. The first thing he recorded with Michael was when he dances on one of the white solos you see in the video. Michael found his position, about 2 meters from the camera, made a couple of takes, then immediately mentioned that the floor (white vinyl linoleum) was slipping. I went with my tools, a metal sandpaper, a piece of cloth and a spray can with a “special liquid” and rubbed the floor a little with the sandpaper. Mark got out from behind the camera, looked at my handiwork and called Tom and then asked if he had lost his "shine". I said no, that when applying the special spray it would shine again. When I got up Michael looked at me, smiling: "I remember you at rehearsals on the tour." I said yes", and asked how my children were doing, I said: "well, they are incredible". And everything went back to normal, Michael did his part.
As predicted, the call to the team went from 7 am to 4 pm and we worked from 4pm to 4am in the morning. In the last hours of the last day of filming, we went to the “zen” scene. That was the last day, the last scene, the last recording session. The art department had put the finishing touches on the stage before Michael stepped in to take his place on the podium at the center of the 'Zen' scene. Michael directed the scene and said how good it had been. He was very relaxed, it was obvious that he liked to sit in the middle of this temporary temple.
When Mark asked to break the center of the ceiling, I took a 12-step ladder, went up and started sawing. In an unfortunate moment when I was sawing, I cut off my third left finger. Without saying anything, I looked for a cloth in my back pocket, wrapped my finger around it, went down the stairs and left the stage. I passed Tom on the way out and showed him what had happened. Tom took me to one end of the ship and we sat on the tarmac. At the time when a lot of people on the team were around me. A group of boys chewing gum at three in the morning.
Suddenly, the circle of people opened and Michael came and stopped for a moment, leaned over me, looking down. He noticed my left hand and then looked at me. He knelt beside me and took my right hand and squeezed it with his. He looked into my eyes and told me how he felt, he kept saying how much he felt, he ended up with tears in his eyes and took me by the hand to the ambulance.
The following week, recovering at home, gifts from Michael and Janet arrived. Tasteful objects such as a bathrobe, incense sticks, a card among other things.
Source published in 'The Venice Arts Club' on September 6, 2009

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 aprile 2021, 9:43

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 28 aprile 2021, 9:55

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 3 maggio 2021, 8:10

.The "Billie Jean" music video debuted on March 10, 1983 on MTV. It was one of the first videos by a black artist to be aired regularly by the channel, as the network's executives felt black music was not "rock" enough. Directed by Steve Barron who told...“His manager said to me, ‘make sure you find room for him to dance’.
So I went through it with him, and said we had this chorus that we could do the dancing.
When we came to do it, I said ‘I’ll show you all the paving stones that light up’, and I led him along the street. ‘This one, these two, that one…shall we walk it through and rehearse?’, and he said ‘no, let’s just do it.’
I’m on camera tracking back as he came forward - and it was astounding. When he came forward through that chorus, my eyepiece literally steamed up, and I’m thinking, ‘fucking hell, this is amazing, he is incredible.’ Dancing on his toes, the whole thing.
We shot that first take, got to the end, and everyone – up in the gantries, eating their sandwiches, reading the paper, painters working on another set – just burst into applause.
We all just knew we’d seen another era of superstar that the world was about to see. It was a major moment.”
Walter Yetnikoff, the president of Jackson's record company CBS Records, approached MTV about playing the "Billie Jean" video, which MTV had not ever played in spite of Jackson's success as a musical artist. Yetnikoff became enraged when MTV refused to play the video, and he threatened to go public with MTV's stance on racial discrimination. "I said to MTV, 'I'm pulling everything we have off the air, all our product. I'm not going to give you any more videos. And I'm going to go public and fucking tell them about the fact you don't want to play music by a black guy.'"
Raquel Pena, a Spanish model who appeared in Michaels Billie Jean short film expressed her experience with the young Michael Jackson..."I had posters of Michael Jackson on my wall when I was a kid, and then I spent fourteen hours alongside him for “Billie Jean. They took my picture and superimposed it on a big billboard, and they put me in bed right next to him. He got in and laid down, and we both giggled. He was the gentlest guy, hiding and playing on the set, just having fun."
"He was fantastic! I have worked with a lot of celebrities, and he was hands down, without hesitation, the sweetest, kindest person I had ever met and worked with.
He had such a playful, kid-like spirit. There were several sets designed for the different vignettes and I remember Michael would do funny things…like he’d sort of disappear into the maze and then pop out of nowhere and “boo” whoever was walking by (he got me more than once). He was working and serious one minute and then goofing around and just having fun with everyone the next.
His brothers (all of them!) showed up on the set for a while, as did Quincy [Jones], and Michael went out of his way to introduce them to me. So nice. I had just met him that day, and he made me feel like we were good friends."
Raquel was asked if Michael Jackson hit on her..."No! Although he was flirtatious in a charming sort of way! A true gentleman."
"Last scene of the video, I had to lie down in the bed (it was actually a wooden board with a sheet over it). They wanted to give the illusion that the body in the bed was Billie Jean. I remember looking up and Michael was staring down at me, and I was like, “OMG, Michael Jackson is jumping in under the sheet with me!”
"At one point during the day, Michael pulled me aside and said, “You know you’re Billie Jean, right”, more as a statement than a question. He was trying to be serious, but he had that MJ grin…he was playing with me again. I found out later that he and his brothers used to call the zillions of groupies that were always after them a “billie jean” after an incident with one crazy wannabe groupie in particular who was really named Billie Jean."

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 5 maggio 2021, 21:55

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 6 maggio 2021, 8:23

https://www.mjvibe.com/missy-elliott-mi ... _VfdfIOFUk

Missy Elliott & Michael Jackson were to work together

By
Admin Team
May 5, 2021

Immagine

On social media, Missy Elliott admitted she was talking with the King of Pop regarding working together!

Asked if she ever met Michael Jackson, she replied “Yes I did meet Michael we spoke and was supposed to work on some songs together and he wanted to do a rap to(o)”

She also added “He actually beatboxed “Get Ur Freak” beat to me when I first spoke with him […] I was very impressed with his skill because he was beatboxing and doing the main sound in Get Ur Freak on at the same time and I was surprised he knew Pass Dat Dutch also”

Can you imagine!?

Sattapaal
@sattapaal
·
May 3, 2021
Replying to @MissyElliott
Missy, did you ever meet Michael Jackson, I know how much you were a big fan of his, and so close to Janet. Just wondered!
Missy Elliott
@MissyElliott
Yes I did meet Michael we spoke and was supposed to work on some songs together and he wanted to do a rap to🤗
11:37 PM · May 3, 2021

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 7 maggio 2021, 8:18

"I love people like Jackie Gleason, Red Skelton,
I'm crazy about the 3 Stooges, uh, anything Walt Disney..." #MichaelJackson
When Michael Jackson was on the Victory Tour in South Florida, everyone wanted to meet him, but the only person he really wanted to meet is said to have been veteran actor and comedian, Jackie Gleason.
One day Theatre agent Vic Jarmel received a telephone call from a police detective and friend. The man told Jarmel that he was a part of Jackson’s security team while in South Florida, and Michael Jackson was dying to meet Jackie Gleason because he was such a big fan.
Jarmel had been Jackie Gleason's talent director when the Gleason shows were being telecast from Miami Beach. And was happy to do his friend a favour and set about arranging a meeting between Jackie and Jackson. But it proved to be quite a difficult task.
Although, Jackie Gleason said he would be happy to meet Michael, due to a recent home fire he had many prior arrangements. And when Jackie could give the go ahead, Michael was sailing on Biscayne Bay at the time.
The meeting finally took place on a Monday evening at New York Steak House on upper Biscayne Boulevard in early November 1984.
Michael Jackson arrived in a van and was wearing a disguise, and was promptly ushered into the restaurants private back room.
Also at the meeting was Vic Jarmel, Gleason’s wife Marilyn, June Taylor of the June Taylor Dancers and her husband Sol Lerner.
Michael watched the very first Honeymooners broadcast (courtesy of June Taylor), staring Jackie as Ralph Kramden, while he munched on carrot sticks with a small salad. And drunk only orange juice. While Jackie Gleason feasted on stone crabs and washed his hearty meal down with quality scotch.
The two men got on very well, recalled Jarmel. In fact, Jarmel said he was amazed that Michael appeared awed upon meeting the comedian. Michael responded to Jackie as any fan would on meeting a star they truly admired. This touched Jackie.
Nearing the end of the meeting, Jackie gave Michael the ring off his finger to keep as a memento of their meeting. Michael took it graciously and said he would treasure it forever.
By the time Michael left the restaurant at around 9.30 pm, word had gotten out and a 70 strong crowd of admirers had gathered outside.
The restaurant renamed the section where they had dined The Jackson-Gleason Room. Jackie died on 24th June 1987 aged 71.
Source : https://www.facebook.com/PerspectivesOnMJ

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 8 maggio 2021, 9:01

7th May 2000. #MichaelJackson took Prince and Paris to the famous Knie Circus in Zurich.
Sunday evening, shortly after 5.30 p.m. The phone rings at Freddy Knie junior's house. ′′ A man asked if we still had tickets for Michael Jackson and his children, his son Prince (3) and daughter Paris (2) and five bodyguards for the night's show,' Freddy Knie says. ′′ At first I thought it was a joke.
Shortly after 6 p.m., two Mercedes limousines with dark windows pull up. ′′ It was Michael Jackson," said Franco Knie. A few minutes into the show. Freddy Knie junior: ′′ Jackson wanted nothing but popcorn for himself and his children. Very pleasant and especially interested in the animals. Wanted to know how zebras are trained. He was also very impressed with our family business.
Michael Jackson exited the store with his entourage three minutes before the end of the show, waved, got into the limo with his children and drove away.
During the break, Michael Jackson exited the tent through the main entrance and headed for the Knie family trailer.
"Michael Jackson wanted to know everything about elephants and their different personalities. My cousin Rolf enabled him years ago to visit Charlie Chaplin widow Oona in Vevey, Michael has a relationship with the Family of Knie." - Director Franco Knie

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 25 maggio 2021, 7:40

#MichaelJackson loved Marlon Brando so much and when I told him that I had befriended the legendary photographer Phil Stern, he made me take him to his home. We spent the whole day listening to Phil's stories about Marlon Brando, Sinatra and Marilyn Monroe. Phil gave Michael a photograph [on cardboard] that Phil took of Brando and for years, Michael kept it in his room in front of his bed. Oh, and I used to sleep in what Michael called the "Brando's Suite" in Neveland. R.I.P. Michael and Phil. '' By Brett Ratner, film director, and friend of Michael Jackson.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 maggio 2021, 8:36

May 25th 1988. #MichaelJackson was the guest of honor at a party held at director Franco Zeffirelli's home in Rome, Italy.
"Michael Jackson...I knew him well. It was not of this world. Very sweet I would say. He was my guest when he made his first concert in Rome, which took place at the Flaminio Stadium In 1988. We organized a party at my home, together with producer Quincy Jones. We invited Sophia Loren who came with her son. An there were Arbore, Ramazzotti, Bertolucci. He was sensational, very kind, well mannered, he was not arrogant, he was an angel. He wore his red uniform. " #FrancoZeffirelli
" I remember that we were in Italy, to visit director Franco Zeffirelli. Suddenly, Michael was gone. We looked all over the house, we thought Michael had been kidnapped. Zeffirelli then opened the big door of the nursery and found Michael sitting on the floor, playing with the children. " #SethRiggs ( Michael's vocal coach )

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 1 giugno 2021, 21:00

#MJStory
@MJISRL
DID YOU KNOW?
One of
@Akon
's bonus tracks on his "Freedom" album was originally written for Michael Jackson. The song is "Clap Again".
This is confirmed by one of the producers of the track. It appears that MJ never recorded it.
Check out the lyrics:

Immagine
Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 8 giugno 2021, 8:34

June 6, 1997. #MichaelJackson returned to Bremen for his second concert at the Weser Stadion where he performed that night with an audience of 55,000 loving fans. #HistoryWorldTour
During that day, Michael signed with representatives of Taiwan a three-year contract to advertise a mini DVD player, Esonic Video DiscBaby.
Michael did quite a few TV commercials, What many people may not know was that he also did a TV commercial for a Taiwanese high tech company, promoting a portable disc player called "Esonic DiscBaby" in 1997.
According to the CTI News source the disc player was first developed by a company called "Esonic"( 億碩 ), and it was a first of its kind at the time. Michael was given the new player to try out during his History tour in Taiwan in 1996, he loved it! Unsurprisingly the company wasted no time in asking the King of Pop to be the spokesman for its product. Michael agreed and the pay deal was a record breaker at the time, said to be the highest for a TV commercial in the country, rumoured to be over 10 million NT dollars, around 350,000 US dollars for less than a minute long commercial.

Immagine

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 giugno 2021, 9:25

Danny Silva

Michael Jackson loved belts, and in 1989 MJJ Productions applied to Disney for the right to use footage from the film Peter Pan for a belt, permission given to him in writing by Disney. Six plates around the belt depict different scenes from the movie. Peter Pan playing a flute, Wendy learning to fly, Peter Pan's profile, the Lost Boys, the pirate ship and Captain Hook make up Michael's Peter Pan belt.
"The King Of Style - Dressing Michael Jackson" by Michael Bush

Immagine

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 giugno 2021, 16:08

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 giugno 2021, 16:54

I was aware of this but I imagine there are many people who never ever heard about this.

Immagine

On January 14, 2003, the headline of O Globo magazine ran: ''Michel Jackson's Spider Bite, Shocking Proof.'' The front page showed the photograph, where Michael lifts part of his pants to prove he was bitten several times while he slept one night at his Neverland ranch. The text published in the magazine was as follows:
"The pain is bad, really bad... sometimes I feel like a lion bit my leg.'' Michael Jackson. "That's what Michael Jackson said in court for missing a hearing and a judge said he would need to prove it. Now he is doing just that. Michael Jackson chose The Globe to show the whole world that he was telling the truth, showing the terrible spider bites that are on his right leg, in this exclusive photo for our readers. his venomous fangs for one night while he slept at his Neverland Ranch in Los Olivos, CA." "I don't know exactly how this happened," he admits. “I never saw the spider. I woke up one morning, about a month ago, and there was a big spot on my leg. It was infected and it hurt terribly. of a very poisonous spider that could even have been fatal.'' "While some experts publicly scoffed at Michael Jackson's justification, the doctors who examined him confirmed the torturous spider bite. His personal physician, Dr. Alimorad Farshchian, said it was likely a recluse brown spider, which injects a devastating toxin and creates nasty lesions, which could take weeks to heal." "The wound was 6 or 7 centimeters in diameter." , Dr. Farshchian confirmed to the Globe. "It turned purple and created three or four bubbles in the middle. Shortly after, we started to treat it and it dried up and became a big scab. It is now in the healing process. The old skin will fall off and the new skin will develop.'' "Michael Jackson told the Globe that constant pain made it difficult for him to participate in the Court's proceedings and prevented him from participating in the recent Billboard Music Awards. 2002] in order to accept a commemorative trophy for the 20th anniversary of his Thriller album. Instead, his friend Chris Tucker presented the award to him at his ranch, which was seen via live satellite broadcast. And Michael Jackson added it made it difficult for him to go through the routines in a normal way.'' “I love dancing so much, but I haven't been able to dance for weeks. That's one of the things I miss the most. Things have improved, slowly and safely.''
"Jackson's doctor has been treating the leg wound with the antibiotic Cipro, the same one that hundreds of Americans took during the anthrax attacks, and cleaning it once a day to prevent new infections. "Under proper care, the wound was reduced to 3 centimeters in diameter. Everything is healing beautifully," Dr. Farshchian told the Globe.'' "And a close friend of the artist added: ''Michael has been feeling quite a bit of pain , but he said he wouldn't let it get in the way of work or stop him from spending time with his kids. The day after he described the pain to me, he spent all day playing with his kids in and out of the house. We knew it was hurting, but he was trying to act normal with his kids like he was okay. He didn't want them to know how much pain he was in.'' "I'm still hurting," admits Michael Jackson , "but I'm getting over it with the love and support of my family and fans."
Source: The Visual Documentary by Adrian Grant

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 30 giugno 2021, 16:07

When Michael visited Japan in 1987, he was invited to dinner at the home of famous composer Isao Tomita, where he was offered a glass of sake. Michael's translator had told him before the meal that Japanese tradition says that you should continue to eat and drink until there is nothing left on your plate or in your glass. Michael had heard that rice wine is made 100% rice and very pure, so he wanted to try a few drops. The cup was so small that he quickly emptied it, and the composer poured him some more.
Immagine
Immagine
Michael, not wanting to ignore tradition or offend, drank that second glass of wine as well. This went on again…and again…and again, until Michael realized he just couldn't drink anymore. Then he took the small glass and passed it under the table to the translator, who drank the wine and passed it back to his place. The translator drank the wine over and over for his boss. Tomita said in an interview that Michael visited him once in his studio and wanted to know everything about the making of the sound of the whistle used in “Arabesque No. 1” from Isao Tomita's “Snowflakes Are Dancing” album.
Source: Michael Jackson: What About The Man.
Video source: https://youtu.be/Vg9v0WNntjE

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 3 luglio 2021, 10:10

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 5 luglio 2021, 9:51

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 8 luglio 2021, 15:31

Danny Silva Sparkles
@michaeljackson

A lot of people know that Lou Ferrigno was the body behind the original "Incredible Hulk". What few people may not know is that - Ferrigno was a friend of Michael Jackson, and that he was the one to train him until two weeks before his death.
Two weeks ago, a CNN journalist had the opportunity to sit down with Ferrigno and the only thing that fascinated her the most was the way he described Jackson's physical condition.
Immagine
Despite reports of a frail and ill Jackson in the weeks before his death, Ferrigno said Michael was in good health. "He (Michael) was in very good spirits, good physical shape and all, when I trained him. Apparently he was very careful with his body and his health."
Ferrigno went on to say, "He trusted me because he knew I knew his body, you know, with the weight training and the cardio vascular part. And he was determined to make the biggest comeback in history. He didn't want to build muscle. , but wanted to get well aerobically" Dr. Conrad Murray told LAPD (Detectives) Michael Jackson had told him that the only way he could sleep was by taking propofol. Then the CNN journalist asked if Ferrigno knew about Jackson's chronic insomnia. Ferrigno said he had known about Jackson's sleep problems for over 20 years. According to Ferrigno, Michael told him, "I wish I could sleep." Ferrigno said there were times when Michael didn't sleep for days. So if things had gone differently, if the doctor had behaved correctly and ethically, Ferrigno thinks - could Michael Jackson have performed his "This Is It" tour? Ferrigno gave a certainty, "yes".
Source - CNN Blog
#MJFam #michaeljacksonfan #thisisit #kingofpop #mj #michaeljacksonforever #moonwalker #moonwalkers #mjj #mjinnocent #michaeljacksonfans #mjfam #mjforever #michaeljosephjackson #jackson #mjfan #applehead #michaeljacksonlover
Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 luglio 2021, 13:42

Danny Silva Sparkles
@antoniadannysil
@michaeljackson

“The night Michael Jackson came to see me backstage was just surreal. When it got around that he was coming backstage after a performance, all the kids in the choir wanted to say ''Hello,'' but Suzanne [de Passe ] vetoed.
Michael stayed in my dressing room, drinking tea with me for 40 minutes. He was with Quincy Jones, they both came to see my show.
Michael was fascinated by the show and its formerly innocent glamour. [The musical Me and My Girl in New York - blog note]. He took great interest in my appearance, the white face, the eye makeup, the pants above my ankles, white socks and patent leather shoes.
He was particularly intrigued that I studied at RADA. I told him that I was very influenced by Keaton and Chaplin, Jacques Tati, Marcel Marceau and Gene Kelly.
He was very excited at the mention of such names and I realized that he was much more than just a pop star, that he was a very serious artist.
At one point, Michael asked me if he could use the phone.
"Yes, of course,'' I said. ''Just dial 9 to get an outside line.''
Michael was saying on the phone Yes, I just called to say ''good night''. IT'S. Goodnight baby....Robert, do you want to say goodnight to Bubbles?"
I whispered to Quincy "Who is Bubbles?" and Quincy said, "It's Michael's chimp. Just say good night. It will not hurt.''
So I went, picked up the phone and said, "Hi, this is Robert, here.''
And I could hear those noises coming from the chimpanzee on the other side! Michael Jackson asked me to say good night to a chimpanzee and there I was, doing exactly as he asked.''
Robert Lindsay, English actor.
Source: http://mjhideout.com

Immagine
Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 luglio 2021, 22:22

''The first person I photographed for the book was Michael Jackson. It was 1986, and I was staying in Los Angeles for the Grammy Awards ceremony. That night my son Christopher met Michael backstage. Christopher always loved Michael. He even dressed like Michael at home. For this reason, Marianne, [Roger's wife] sent me some flowers, where a plastic Grammy was attached. Unbeknownst to me or anyone else, Christopher took the plastic Grammy, entered Michael Jackson's press conference, and handed it to him.
Immagine
The next day Michael called to say how much he appreciated Christopher. He also invited him to his house to see his animals, so Marianne and Christopher went to Encino. Michael knew I was a photographer, he mentioned that he would like me to take a picture of him and Christopher together. I called Michael the next day to set up a meeting, and he agreed to come to my studio. I told Michael during our first session that I was thinking of making a picture book and calling it Your Friends And Mine. I had heard about your chimpanzee Bubbles and we took a picture with him. Later, Michael and I had another session alone, at his request. That was the beginning. Michael Jackson agreeing to be part of the book was the starting point for the entire project. Michael Jackson is unique both as an individual and as an artist. However, while I was around him many times, I never felt like I truly knew him until we spent a day together in the photography studio. As I explained earlier, Michael had invited Christopher, my youngest son, to his house to see his zoo. Michael suggested that I take a picture of him and Christopher in my studio. I told him of my ideas for this book and asked him to bring his chimpanzee, Bubbles. There were maybe 25 people in the studio that day, and the chimpanzee was the center of attention. That meant the focus was off Michael, and I think the relative anonymity gave him a chance to relax. And Bubbles was so human it was almost scary. He took Christopher by the hand to the fridge, opened it, took out a banana, and
handed it to him. Christopher was surprised - we all were. The session was the first time I had a chance to be alone with Michael. It means a lot to me to be able to say that not only do I love his music, but I also really like him as a person and consider him a friend.''
By Kenny Rogers, singer-songwriter, photographer, music producer, actor and entrepreneur.
Sources:
http://thesilencedtruth.com
Immagine
Immagine
Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 15 luglio 2021, 11:45

I remember this but there must be others that dont.

Immagine

Marcy Saylor, classmate and former friend of Gavin at John Burrows middle school, 2003:
"Gavin said to me that did not happen. That's why he was crying and telling me that he's always been told pretty much to do the wrong thing..."

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 luglio 2021, 9:12

A welcome poster to Michael as he entered a favela in Rio De Janeiro while filming for his Music Video They Don’t Care About us.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 23 luglio 2021, 18:37

Danny Silva Sparkles
@antoniadannysil
@michaeljackson

''The Thriller video was a long job and kept secret, you know? I remember that we had to sign a non-disclosure agreement and not tell anyone what we were filming, not to tell the family or anyone else. Very, very rare for music videos back then. What they did was print the maps for the location and leave them lying around, but they were fake locations. Some of the press infiltrated the set and stole these maps and they were exactly places like the mall that is closed. In the Valley, I was having lunch and Michael came and sat at the head of our table to talk to someone else. It was just part of the crew and usually they were separated - in fact, they told us at the beginning of filming: 'If you talk directly to Michael, you're fired.' So he sat down next to us and we were surprised: 'Oh God' and Michael started talking to us and brought us a mayonnaise and bean sprout sandwich and then he said to us: 'Does anyone want to finish this...?' and I said, 'I'll finish it!' So he gave me half of his sandwich and I took a few bites and after he left I couldn't finish it, and one of the guys said, 'Why did you take it?' I said, 'Actually, I just want to be able to say that, in the '80s, I ate half a Michael Jackson sandwich.' Michael didn't eat meat, but he loved
fried food.''
''Recovering from the burn accident in January 1984 (when his hair caught fire) Michael woke up to a breakfast of fruit and juice accompanied by many messages from friends and fans. Michael's favorite message among hundreds of telegrams was from a girl who said, 'I knew you were hot, Michael, but this is ridiculous!!'
Marty Thomas, assistant in Thriller.
Source: http://themjifc.com

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 27 luglio 2021, 9:51

Fun fact: MJ was supposed to wear the headdress below for "Remember the Time" short film. But on the 1st day of filming, the headdress went missing. Bush eventually found it when he returned to MJ's trailer. Michael hid it because he was totally against the idea.
Immagine
The headdress was made because film director John Singleton wanted MJ in "full Egyptian regalia" including a traditional headdress in spirit of King Tut, to which Michael replied, "No way, Bush." The sudden disappearance of the headdress resulted in staff searching the campus of Universal Studios. Bush panicked because he was convinced he lost it on the way to the shoot. After 20 minutes they were forced to start filming and did so without the headdress. When Bush returned to MJ's trailer, he saw the headress on a chair next to the bed. "If we don't have it, I can't wear it," Michael had figured and hid it himself. Via Michael Bush, "The King of Style: Dressing Michael Jackson" (Book title). MJ's personal designer for almost 25 years.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 31 luglio 2021, 10:46

Fun Fact: Michael was supposed to wear the black leather jacket below for "Dirty Diana" short film. But it didn't perform well in the wind coming from the floor fans. While on break, MJ was attracted to Bush's shirt and asked to wear it.
Immagine
Immagine
Michael already had on the jacket but came to an abrupt stop. "Wait a minute," he said. "I have floor fans blowing crazy all over me. This jacket isn't right for that kind of wind. The jacket's gotta come off to get the right action."
I saw him fighting the jacket as he danced. The wind in his face didn't seem to make sense. The jacket wasn't performing around him. During a break, we went back to MJ's trailer, and he said to me, "Bush, your shirt is winking at me." He didn't need to say more. I took off the white shirt, and Michael put it on, looking pleased and relieved as he stood in the full-length mirror. During the next take, Michael let the floor fans do their job while the French voile did its own thing. It's dramatic energy danced behind Michael's body and became an extension of it, creating an illusion that his physical presence took up more space than it did. So, the original shirt MJ wore in the "dirty Diana" short film was literally the shirt off my back.
Via Michael Bush, "The King of Style: Dressing Michael Jackson" (book title) MJ's personal designer for almost 25 years.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 5 agosto 2021, 12:50

Immagine

Rispondi