I never knew this!

Michael Jackson's news in English. Your updated reference for Michael Jackson's news in English language from all around the world. Rumors, gossip and true facts. And a lot of Michael Jackson's beautiful pictures.
soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

I never knew this!

Messaggio da soulmum » 4 settembre 2020, 15:12

Making a new thread for various reports etc I'd never heard of even though I have been a member of the fan community since J5 days. Wonder how many 'unknowns or rare's we can come up with. I'd love it if others were able to add to this, feel free.

Mourad Mesellaty
1ttn1Sipoonsoredht ·
#StoryOfTheDay...As people know #MichaelJackson came to Taiwan in 1993 for the #DangerousWorldTour. What many people may not be aware of was that before he began the Asian leg of the Dangerous the briefly flew into Taiwan before departing to Bangkok for his first concert. He flew China Airlines, a Taiwanese based company.
Possibly to confuse the press, instead of flying his own private jet to Bangkok, Michael set off for Bangkok a day earlier than planned, via San Francisco to Taipei for the connection flight to Bangkok. To avoid the unnecessary press attention, the schedule was kept confidential, it was only leaked to the Taiwanese press the next day by passengers who recognised Michael, and later confirmed by the Airlines.
Without anyone noticing, Michael Jackson was the last passenger at the last minute to board the China Airlines CI-003 from San Francisco wearing his hat and surgical mask. He sat at the front by the window in the first class cabin with his agent (Michael's security Bill Bray). He arrived at the Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport around 19.30pm on 21st August. Michael was greeted on board by the company head of the public relations Mr. Luo and other senior members before they briefly took a walk "sightseeing" the transfer area.
Luo recalled that Michael kept praising the display of the hallway, walking back and forth a few times, excited like a big kid, he seemed to be very happy to be on the island of Taiwan for the first time. Mr. Luo spent nearly an hour talking with Michael, he later spoke of his amazement at how child like, well mannered and easy going that he was. Michael's long thick eyelashes and charming big brown eyes were most memorable.
At 20.30 before all other passengers, Michael boarded the next plane CI-065 heading to Bangkok, unknown to the cabin crew. As usual they were busy preparing for taking off, when they unexpectedly saw Michael, the whole crew were in complete disbelief! Michael who apparently owned 4 private jets, recognised the plane that he was traveling in as the brand new MD-11!
However, the first crew members on the CI-003 included chief cabin Mr. Zhang, air attendance Ms. Zhu and Ms. Liu who had flown in with the pop icon via San Francisco, they felt exceptionally honoured to meet Michael. All complimented on his charm and good manners after spending time with him on the long haul flight.
Zhang recalled that after Michael boarded the plane, he expressed his wish to catch up on some sleep, as he had not slept the previous night due to various things to do with his tour. After the plane took off, he soon fell asleep for 5-6 hours. Zhang was surprised that a super star such as Michael Jackson, appeared to be so kind, pure and innocent, which was beyond his expectation. After Michael woke up, he went into the kitchen to check things out and chatted to everyone, he even got himself some children's toys and stickers. There was no doubt that he really adored children, when he was asked to sign a photo of an air attendant's two year old daughter, Michael took as long as 5 seconds looking at the photo before putting the pen down.
Zhu said that the crew were excited to meet Michael, but only herself alongside with colleague Liu were privileged to look after him. Michael chatted to them a lot, and often showed his appreciation for their work. Michael was not a big eater, he preferred vegetarian food, so he didn't eat much on the flight. He mainly accepted almonds and peanut type snacks. Zhu said Michael wasn't fussy about wine glasses, he had white wine in a coffee cup, and only had an apple and yogurt for breakfast. The crew also noted his caring side, when he woke up in the dark just before breakfast, trying not to disturb other passengers while looking out of the window, he thoughtfully covered up his head and the window with a blanket to stop the light coming in.
Liu also recalled some memorable moments with Michael. She gave Michael orange juice after he asked for her recommendation, she also let Michael borrow her "Polo" fragrance to spray himself, and even gave Michael her China Airlines Eagle badge, pinning it on Michael's shirt after he had shown his admiration for it. But for Liu, the most memorable moment with the King of Pop was when she was putting a blanket on him ready for sleep, and wished him a good dream, Michael was moved by the gesture, sincerely like a boy, and said to her "I love you", which really warmed her heart....
Apart from a few hours sleep, the rest of the time Michael was actively chatting to the crew, looking through the window, playing poker with his agent and reading the airline magazine. He even bought a toy plane watch.
The plane journey went very smoothly, Michael didn't forget to pay compliments to the chief pilot Mr. Cao. He cheered as soon as the plane landed, his child like spirit was contagious, all the other passengers were soon cheering along with him!
Before getting off the plane, lots of passengers and the crew couldn't resist asking Michael for his autograph which he was happy to give. Senior air attendants later commented about their years of experience in dealing with international stars, Michael was the most sincere and approachable, something they would never forget!
It was a very rare occasion for Michael to be on board a commercial flight. He was especially grateful for the excellent service he received from the flight attendants, and expressed that he would fly China Airlines again if the opportunity arose. In fact, his agent did just that the next day, by cancelling his original booking with other airlines and again flying with China Airlines back to the US !

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Re: I never knew this!

Messaggio da soulmum » 4 settembre 2020, 16:51

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 8 settembre 2020, 21:03

Mourad Mesellaty

#StoryOfTheDay...The video 'Beat It' was written and directed by Bob Giraldi, produced by Ralph Cohen, Antony Payne and Mary M. Ensign through production company GASP. The second video released for the Thriller album, it was choreographed by Michael Peters who also performed, alongside Vincent Paterson, as one of the two lead dancers. Despite some sources claiming otherwise, Michael Jackson was involved in creating some parts of the choreography. Michael] Jackson asked Bob Giraldi, at the time already an established commercial director but who had never directed a music video, to come up with a concept for the "Beat It" video because he really liked a commercial Bob Giraldi had directed for WLS-TV in Chicago about a married couple of two elderly blind people who instead of running from a run-down neighborhood all the other white people had fled from, chose to stay and throw a block party for all the young children in the area. Contrary to popular belief, the concept of the video was not based on the Broadway musical West Side Story; in reality Giraldi drew inspiration from his growing up in Vincent Paterson, New Jersey.
The video, which costed to Michael Jackson $150,000 to create after CBS refused to finance it, was filmed on Los Angeles' Skid Row—mainly on locations on East 5th Street around March 9, 1983. To add authenticity to the production but also to foster peace between them, Michael Jackson had the idea to cast members of rival Los Angeles street gangs Crips and Bloods. In addition to around 80 genuine gang members, the video, which is noted for opening up many job opportunities for dancers in the US, also featured 18 professional dancers and four breakdancers. Besides Michael Jackson, Michael Peters, and Vincent Paterson, the cast included Michael DeLorenzo, Stoney Jackson, Tracii Guns, Tony Fields, Peter Tramm, Rick Stone, and Cheryl Song. The bar location shown in the latter part of the first minute of the video was also featured 13 years earlier in the gatefold and on the back cover of the Doors 1970 album, Morrison Hotel. Coincidentally, the name of that skid row bar, the Hard Rock Café, was also the inspiration for the London original of the famous chain of restaurants begun in 1971.
"The filming of BEAT IT was the first time I experienced Michael Jackson actually performing. Up to this point, our work together was quiet and in the more intimate surroundings of photo shoots. It was 1983. Michael was extremely shy, soft spoken and gracious.
Our first scene took place in a smelly hotel room in Skid Row in LA. Cameras, lights and speakers were all crammed into a small space. Michael’s position was first lying, and then sitting on a grungy bed. He was wearing a cute little white t-shirt with what looked like piano keys on it, and red jammy bottoms. Then he was directed, by Bob Giraldi to rise, walk and then stare into the camera lens located in the narrow doorway. Being Michael Jackson’s make up artist required me to stay close by. The only space for me was sitting on a chest of drawers, next to the camera. The lens was actually crossing above my legs and barely missing my nose.
Michael nodded his head, in acknowledgement that he was ready and understood his marks. Playback began. The music was deafening and the beat vibrated the entire hotel.
I would have fallen off of my seat, if there had been room to fall. The shy guy I had known for all these month suddenly turned into someone I hadn’t met before The look he gave into the camera, the sexy snarl, was nothing like the person I knew up to that point. He became the music.
This was my first lesson of what a true artist was. I was fascinated by the transformation. How could someone’s nature be completely altered? When we talked about it, he explained, “it isn’t me”. He said it was God, coming through him." - Karen Faye
The video had its world premiere on MTV during prime time on March 31, 1983; neither "Beat It" nor "Billie Jean" were, as is often claimed, the first music video by an African-American artist to be played on MTV. Soon after its premiere the video was also running on other video programs including BET's Video Soul, SuperStation WTBS's Night Tracks, and NBC's Friday Night Videos. In fact, "Beat It" was the first video shown on the latter's first ever telecast on July 29, 1983.
The video received recognition through numerous awards. The American Music Awards named the short film their Favorite Pop/Rock Video and their Favorite Soul Video. The Black Gold Awards honored Michael Jackson with the Best Video Performance award. The Billboard Video Awards recognized the video with 7 awards; Best Overall Video Clip, Best Performance by a Male Artist, Best Use of Video to Enhance a Song, Best Use of Video to Enhance an Artist's Image, Best Choreography, Best Overall Video and Best Dance/Disco 12". The short film was ranked by Rolling Stone as the No. 1 video, in both their critic's and reader's poll. The video was later inducted into the Music Video Producer's Hall of Fame.
The music video for "Beat It" helped establish Michael Jackson as an international pop icon. The video was Michael Jackson's first treatment of black youth and the streets.
Michael Jackson's first "mass choreography" of synchronized dancers, a Michael Jackson trademark which opened the gates of what become music videos for generations.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 settembre 2020, 9:46

Mourad Mesellaty

#Throwback on January 26th, 1990. #MichaelJackson here on picture with Ofra Haza, Michael attended the unveiling of a painting of himself titled The Book made by Australian artist Brett Livingstone Strong at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles, CA.
“The Book” is said to be the only portrait Michael personally sat for during his lifetime. The 40-inch by 50-inch portrait was unveiled in the presence of Mr. Hiromichi Saeki who paid $2,100,000 for the original, the most expensive portrait of a living person. Mr. Saeki was one of the most influential Japanese merchandisers and concert promoters of Michael Jackson. Michael is draped in a “Renaissance Effect” within this portrait and even deeper inside is standing, posing for Brett in a slightly earlier dimension of time.
The Book capture one of the most talented musicians in the world, painted by one of the most talented artists of our time, Brett-Livingstone Strong, hailed by the King of Pop as “A modern day Michelangelo”, in the ultimate expression of beauty, both musically and artistically, remembering Michael at the pinnacle of his career.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 settembre 2020, 15:24

Marina Ivanova
@MarinaaIvanova

I Just Can't Stop Loving you To record this beautiful part - the intro, engineers used a bed, and the head of a mannequin with microphones in his ears. Michael was lying next to him whispering the intro into his ears American public judged the intro too sexual and it was removed

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 15 settembre 2020, 8:55

Mourad Mesellaty

#StoryOfTheDay..."What More Can I Give" (also "Todo Para Ti" in Spanish) is a song written by #MichaelJackson and recorded in 2001 by Michael Jackson and a supergroup of singers following the September 11 attacks. The inspiration for the song had initially come to Michael Jackson after a meeting with the President of South Africa Nelson Mandela in the late 1990s. The song was to be premiered at a Michael Jackson concert, but the singer failed to perform it. The song also failed to gain an official release, despite the pop singer having stated that it would be issued as a charity single for the refugees of the Kosovo War, which ended in 1999.
Following the September 11 attacks in 2001, Michael Jackson rewrote "What More Can I Give" at the suggestion of Marc Schaffel. Schaffel, who produced and became the executive producer on the project, convinced Michael Jackson to also do a Spanish version of the song as well, and handled the details of the production. Michael Jackson and other artists recorded the new version of the song shortly afterward; the other artists included Mariah Carey, Reba McEntire, Anastacia, Nick Carter, 3LW, Beyoncé, NSYNC, Celine Dion, Brian McKnight, Luther Vandross, and Usher. In addition, a Spanish language version of the song was recorded. Entitled "Todo Para Ti", the lyrics were adapted into Spanish by the Panamanian musician Rubén Blades. Schaffel brought three-time Grammy winner K. C. Porter on to the project to give the Spanish version a different sound from the English recording.
"What More Can I Give" was scheduled for release as a charity single in the hope that $50 million would be raised between downloads, sponsors, and donations to aid the survivors and the families of victims of the September 11 terrorist attacks. The plan, however, never came to fruition and the reasons why have varied between sources and the individuals involved. One newspaper stated that the release of the song was abandoned after part of a marketing ploy by Sony Music after Michael Jackson started a public campaign against Sony and its USA music head.
"What More Can I Give" was played on the radio for the first time in late 2002. The debut airing was made without permission by radio station WKTU-FM in New York. The following year, on October 27, 2003, "What More Can I Give" was made available to the public by way of digital download for several days. Michael Jackson had the song taken down on November 17, on the eve of the raid on his Neverland Valley Ranch property by Santa Barbara Sheriffs. Proceeds from the short sale of the song went to children's charities.
Marc Schaffel enlisted friend and famed Brazilian artist Romero Britto to design, create, and paint an artwork to be used as the cover for the single. Britto created the "ribbon" piece in bright colors including yellow, blue and red. Britto created 250 of this piece as a special collector's item and both Britto and Michael Jackson signed and numbered each of these pieces.
Michael Jackson recorded the song in both English and Spanish, and shot the video for Marc Schaffel. Even after his death it is believed to be the "last" actual completed song and video that Michael Jackson had done, and approved for release. It was also one of only a few tracks Michael Jackson ever performed in Spanish and is considered the last. Michael Jackson had told many people he felt that "What More Can I Give" was a definite contender for song of the year for both the English and Latin Grammys, and felt it would be as successful as "We Are the World". No official release date for either project has been given since the death of Michael Jackson in June 2009, by either Marc Schaffel or Michael Jackson's estate.
( Here a 2006 video where Michael Jackson stated about Marc Schaffel

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 15 settembre 2020, 11:15

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 settembre 2020, 8:10

Mourad Mesellaty

#StoryOfTheDay...On January 1991, #MichaelJackson accepted to be photographed by Dilip Mehta, at the time a freelance photographer-reporter,
of Indian origin, famous for his publications in National Geographic, Time, Newsweek, Figaro, Stern, The London Sunday Times or The New York Times and also became director, notably of the film Cooking with Stella on which he worked with his sister Deepa Mehta.
Michael Jackson and Dilip Mehta met through the Indian doctor and thinker Deepak Chopra, who has been friends with the singer for several years.
The photographer had the opportunity to spend five nights in Neverland and was able to discover the star during conversations and share his daily life.
"I think I was the only Indian photographer to spend time with Michael at Neverland. It was a privilege for me to have been able to photograph him in such a sincere way. I think MJ was a divine and brilliant artist. He was completely open. It was a phenomenal experience," recalls Dilip Mehta. "He called me "Magic D" because he found a certain spirituality in my work. While working with him, I was amazed by his simplicity and honesty. His competence, his courage, his loyalty...He worked and worked until he could reach the untouchable, the perfect. And he succeeded".
On his ranch where they evoke Michael's life or in his personal studio where the photographer was able to dance with the world star, each situation is conducive to beautiful photos, in color or black and white, that are funny, spontaneous and moving, some of which have been published in Michael's collection of poems, Dancing The Dream.
Photo sessions were also held at Pebble Beach, not far from Monterey Bay, about a three-hour drive north of Neverland Ranch. One of the sessions took place in the current Deluxe Ocean View Suite at the Lodge Hotel in Pebble Beach.
It is on the balcony of the suite, with a breathtaking view of the Pacific, or in the bathroom that Mehta immortalizes a series of photos where you can see a Michael Jackson in all simplicity, relaxed and casual.
Even though Michael was not very confident and talkative in front of the cameras, Dilip Mehta managed, through numerous photos, to reveal the human being, in all the facets of his intimacy, a vulnerable man, far from the image of the star who panics the crowds ...the man in the mirror.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 settembre 2020, 15:27

Mourad Mesellaty

Not many might know, but Jane Fonda was quite tight with the King of Pop. Spilling the beans on 'Watch What Happens Live', Fonda recalled the 'Smooth Criminal' living with her for a week, back in the '80s when she was making 'Golden Pond' in New Hampshire. “He slept on a mattress that he pulled out on the floor of the living room,” the 'Book Club' actress reminisced to host Andy Cohen on Thursday, September 17. “I slept in the loft upstairs." Speaking of Jackson, the Academy Award-winning 'Barbarella' actress said he was “very touching” and a “very interesting character” when they used to be friends.
https://meaww.com/.../jane-fonda-skinny-dipped-with...

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 23 settembre 2020, 11:43

Presley Jackson
@MJLMP_Official

According to Brett Livingstone, when Michael was about to leave, he offered Lisa a penetrating look and in a conspiratorial voice said, “You and me, we could get into a lot of trouble. Think about that, girl.”

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 settembre 2020, 9:06

I think this is possibly fake news - it's definitely the sickest thing I've heard of recently!!!

Tudo Pelo Michael

On September 26th, Memorabilia Expert Auctions is auctioning off several items allegedly inherited by Joseph Jackson’s niece. Including a denture and, as shocking as it may sound, the IV that was used in Michael Jackson’s death (with blood inside it). The amount of items is huge.

Immagine

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 settembre 2020, 9:08

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 30 settembre 2020, 21:59

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 3 ottobre 2020, 9:47

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 5 ottobre 2020, 21:19

I actually did know this but I imagine many fans have no idea of this.

Jack-o-lanternBatRat Carn Rat BatJack-o-lantern
@Carnivius

Oh man. I just looked up the treatment Jackson had to the burns on his scalp. Balloons inserted under the remaining scalp to inflate over time with saline to stretch the skin, then the stretched skin is pulled over the hole and stitched together. Ouch.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 11 ottobre 2020, 9:26

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 11 ottobre 2020, 21:24

LeeAnn
@starlightsun1

Last week, japanese tv program called "Lost Gourmet" reveiled the recipe of Michael Jackson's favorite food while he stayed in Japan during the BAD tour.
This thread is about some of the things they talked about, and of course the recipe.
Immagine

Mr Takaya now 70 is currently working as a school lunch chef, but he has a surprising past, he was the personal chef for Michael Jackson during his BAD tour days in Japan.
He showed his precious memorabilia and talked about how he was chosen.
Mr Itami, Michael's bodyguard in Japan also made a brief appearance talking about Michael getting sick with laryngitis and having to postpone 2 of his concerts, and the firing of the previous chef, thus needing a new one.
He also guarded great celebrities like Freddie Mercury.
Immagine

Mr Takaya didn't want to become a private chef, so he went to the job interview because he was asked to, but without any expectations.
When asked if he knew who MJ is, he said he doesn't know. For his surprise this was the reason he got the job.
Immagine
Immagine

He didn't have a chance to speak with the previous chef, so he had to start almost from zero.
He was only told to keep these 3 things when cooking:
◇Vegetarian
◇Main course should be beans
◇Easy to eat with a spoon

He also talked about Michael doing pranks on him everyday and that one time when he had to sing a japanese folk song for the king of pop.

Mr Takaya prepared several dishes at a time, more than 300 kinds in total. Always taking notes and carefully watching what Michael likes or dislikes. Michael didn't eat well, but tofu was a gamechanger.

So the chef started to make various tofu dishes, and one of those became Michael's favorite, wanting to eat it everyday.
Tofu hambagu steak (tofu hamburger/hamburg steak)
Immagine

Michael Jackson's favorite tofu burger
RECIPE
(2~3 serving)
Ingredients for the patties:

□180 g firm tofu
□150 g boiled soy beans
□20 g japanese yam
□30 g breadcrumbs
□50 g onion (finely chopped)
□1 egg yolk
□1 Tbsp sake
□0.5 Tbsp sugar
□1.5 Tbsp red miso paste
Immagine

Follow this link for the entire story.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 12 ottobre 2020, 9:59

Immagine

The Michael Jackson Book Club
@booksaboutMJ
Miko Brando on dad Marlon and MJ: “Michael took care of him right to the end. He even had a golf cart with oxygen tanks built so they could both ride in the Neverland gardens.” “He [MJ] was someone you wanted to be with. It’s unbelievable. His presence was so comforting”

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 12 ottobre 2020, 21:30

Mourad Mesellaty

#StoryOfTheDay...#MichaelJackson's "Give In To Me" video was shot on June 25, 1992 in Munich, Germany, just two days before the opening concert of the #DangerousWorldTour on June 27, 1992. featuring Michael Jackson performing the song on stage at an indoor rock concert with ex Living Colour bassist Muzz Skillings, Guns N' Roses guitarists Slash and Gilby Clarke, as well as the band's touring keyboardist Teddy Andreadis and Michael Jackson's touring drummer, Jonathan Moffett. Loud explosions are later heard with visuals of stylized electrical arcs and Michael Jackson dancing as they run down his body. Slash's Les Paul is hit in the frets which increases the speed of the riffs. The last scene shows one electrical arc running down Michael's body, an unintentional effect that was left in. The pyrotechnics appearing on the video are computer-generated and were added later on.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 ottobre 2020, 8:04

MJJ Armenia is with Carolina Alba Moreno.

Here are all the curiosities about History tour show in South Africa 🇿🇦
📍During the performance of 'In The Closet', the dancer LaVelle Smith Jr. is unable to take off his helmet at the time foreseen by the choreography, resigning himself to performing with his face covered.
📍Stranger in Moscow sees different shots compared to the other stages of the tour, at a certain point the guitarist David Williams is also reprized.
📍Before performing the famous Jackson 5 medley, Michael greets and thanks his parents who are sitting in the audience.
📍Same thing happens at the beginning of Billie Jean.
📍The ending of 'lYour Are Not Alone and that of 'I'll Be There' are particularly heartfelt and emotional.
📍While suspended on the 'Earth Song' elevator, Michael performs some movements never seen before.
📍After the final performance of HIStory, Michael takes leave of the warm Johannesburg audience accompanied by five children, two of them black and three pale skinned, symbolizing the principles of equality and brotherhood among peoples.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 15 ottobre 2020, 9:06

Mourad Mesellaty

#StoryOfTheDay...#OnThisDay October 15, 1987. #MichaelJackson dinner at the restaurant with French cuisine, Shiosai.
After his visit to the Nissan factory, Michael Jackson travelled to Hayama, a tourist spot, the seat of the Imperial Villa of Hayama, about 30 minutes from Oppama, to diner at the restaurant of the Otowa No Mori Hotel.
Opened just in 1987, the hotel is located by the sea and the terrace of the Shiosai restaurant, where Michael and his guests (including Bill Bray and Japanese coordinator) sit on the second floor, offers an exceptional view of the sea - ocean. Even though the day of Michael's visit it was raining.
During dinner, the background music was Mozart on the piano and Michael applauded at the end of each piece.
The Japanese actress and singer Yoku Asano, having learned of Michael Jackson's presence in the restaurant, presented herself with a bouquet of flowers and met the star who invited her to his table. Michael thanked and invited her to stop by when she is in Los Angeles.
Michael left the restaurant around 8.00 pm and returned to the Capitol, the hotel he was renting in Tokyo.
15 days later, the owner of the restaurant received a letter from Michael thanking him for his welcome.
One year after Michael Jackson's death, the restaurant wanted to pay tribute to him by offering its guests (fans) a menu like the one Michael had in 1987.
On certain occasions, the seat where Michael was sitting was decorated with his autograph and the photos of his passing were displayed in a window that seems to still be there today.
Below are some souvenir photos of Michael's visit to Shiosai restaurant 33 years ago and the photo of the letter Michael sent to the owner of the restaurant on October 30, 1987.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 16 ottobre 2020, 8:13

October 16, 2001. #MichaelJackson shoots a scene for the movie Men In Black 2 directed by Barry Sonnefield where he plays Agent M. Michael Jackson wanted a cameo role in the sequel to Men In Black because he thought it was a weepy rather than a comedy, the film's director has revealed. Michael Jackson rang director Barry Sonnenfeld and admitted he had cried at the end of the film.
Barry Sonnenfeld said: "I very much wanted Michael Jackson to be in the first Men In Black.
"There was a scene in it when we showed all these aliens and George Lucas, Sylvester Stallone, Danny De Vito and Steven Spielberg were all there and I really wanted Michael to be in it.
"But for some reason he didn't want to be considered as an alien in Men In Black I.
"But 15 months into shooting Men In Black II I got a message saying Michael Jackson really wanted to be in it.
"I had a lovely conversation with Michael in which he told me he had seen the first Men In Black in Paris and had stayed when all the other people left the theatre and sat there and wept.
"I had to explain to him that it was a comedy."
Barry Sonnenfeld and the stars of Men In Black II - Smith, Lee Jones and Lara Flynn Boyle - were in the West End of London on Tuesday for a special screening of the film.
Barry Sonnenfeld added: "Jackson said he would love to be in Men In Black II wearing the black suit, all that mattered to him was that he wore that black suit.
"It was very funny and it was entirely Michael's idea."

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 18 ottobre 2020, 10:51

https://www.mjvibe.com/mike-tyson-tells ... l-jackson/

MIKE TYSON TELLS HOW HE MET MICHAEL JACKSON.
OCTOBER 17, 2020

Immagine

In a recent interview with podcaster T.I’s expediTIously, Mike Tyson talked about the first time he met Michael Jackson and how his relationship grown after the pop superstar blanked him.

“Mike is interesting, right,” Tyson said. “I met Mike one day, I think he was at a concert in Cleveland, I’m with Don King. So me and Don come in, right? And I’m champ and everything, did all this s–t, undisputed. So Don goes and Don gives Michael Jackson the ‘peace’ sign, like this. And then so Michael gives Don the ‘peace; sign, and so I give Michael the ‘peace’ sign, and Michael put his hand down. In a way, I say, ‘Did he play me? Nah, he didn’t play me, he just didn’t see me. I knew he didn’t play me, cause I’m f—ing champ.”

“So we went backstage, right? So I’m backstage, and so there’s his backstage, some of his singers and stuff. He’s on stage, it’s over I’m signing autographs and stuff, so Michael comes over and he talks to Don, he doesn’t talk to me. … I say ‘Let me just go on and meet Mike’, cause that’s really why I’m here, I want to meet Mike. And then I go over to meet Mike, … and he goes like this, ‘Don’t I know you from somewhere? Where I know you from?’

“He broke my ego, he crushed me,” Tyson said. “I said ‘No, I’m just a fan, pleasure to meet you, sir. He said, ‘Okay’, and then he got out and went in the car”

“So I hated his guts forever, Tyson said. “Every time Michael Jackson’s name came, I said ‘F–k that mother f—er’, and this and that and this and that …”

But Michael Jackson invited him to “hang out”…

Immagine
Immagine

“I said ‘Okay, I’m coming, I’ll be over there’, right?” Tyson said. “So I got on a plane, went over there, hung out, and we just started hanging out together. And I said ‘F–k man, he’s a good guy, but in my mind, I said ‘Why’d you play me though, Mike, why’d you play me like that? You knew who I was, why’d you play me?”

Full interview here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVo5BxI ... e=emb_logo

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 19 ottobre 2020, 10:17

jaywonder
@jaywonder1987
Jet- January 2, 1971. @MJJVariety @blkjackestate @ithl123 @Mel_Bushman20 There's a Jackson 5 film that was made by Motown that hasn't seen the light of day since 1971......
Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 23 ottobre 2020, 9:59

What Actor Jason Weaver Said About Time Spent With Michael Jackson Filming ‘An American Dream’
Brenda Alexander

October 4, 2019

In the world of biopics with classics like Selena to the more current ones like The New Edition Story, fans jump at the opportunity to get the inside details of their favorite star from their perspective. One of the first stars to have a popular film about their life was in the form of a mini-series. In 1992, the famous Jackson family revealed the intimate details of their complex childhood and rise to fame in the ABC miniseries The Jacksons: An American Dream.

Immagine

The series detailed the rise of the Jackson 5 and Michael Jackson’s decision to embark on a career that did not include his brothers or the stern management of his father, Joseph Jackson. Jason Weaver played a young Michael Jackson in what he refers to as his breakout role. He recently spoke about the experience and interacting with Michael during the filming process.

Jason Weaver was acting before ‘American Dream’
In an interview with YouTube vlogger Vlad TV, Jason Weaver spoke about his audition process for the Jackson family biopic miniseries The Jacksons: An American Dream. He was working with the Chicago talent agency, Burell Talent Agency (now Burrell Communications), famous for securing black actors, musicians and singers jobs in entertainment. After doing a few national commercials and jingles, his agent felt he was ready for something bigger.

Jason was a Michael Jackson fan, just as most teens during that time and heard. His first role in the film, A Long Walk Home, alongside Whoopi Goldberg. The film was critically acclaimed but was not a commercial success. Jason explained that with the film being a time-period piece set in the Civil Rights Movement era, it did not connect with audiences at the time it was released.

The lackluster success of A Long Walk Home did not discourage Jason. He kept auditioning and soon landed the role of a lifetime. A casting call was put out for roles in the Jackon family biographical miniseries. A fan of Michael Jackson’s Thriller album, Jason would go from performing the King of Pop’s songs in his mirror to playing him on screen.

Jason Weaver says Michael Jackson picked him to play him in ‘American Dream’
Jason auditioned like every other kid vying to play a young Michael Jackson in the series. He admitted to Vlad that he was given a heads up about the audition a couple of weeks prior to the casting announcement from a cousin who was connected to a rep of Sony Music. The rep informed his cousin during a casual conversation that they would be auditioning soon and he relayed the information to Jason.

Jason recorded an audition tape, singing two hit songs by the Jackson 5. His agency sent the tape to movie producers and within two weeks, he was brought in for a callback. His in-person audition went well enough that he landed the role! Shockingly, Jason told Vlad that he had a difficult time mastering Michael Jackson’s speaking and singing voice and claims that his voice is much “deeper” than fans would imagine.

The cool part about the filming process for Jason was being around the Jackson family almost daily. Jermaine Jackson was the executive producer of the film, along with his wife at the time. Many of the family members would show up to set to help guide the film. What made Jason feel the most special was knowing that Michael Jackson himself picked the actors who played him.

“Mrs. Jackson, Mr. Jackson, Jermaine and his wife were present at my final audition,” he recalled. “They gave their final approval before the tape was sent to Michael.”

Jason Weaver says Michael Jackson visited him on set dressed in disguise
When speaking to Vlad, Jason says that he met Michael during the filming of American Dream but because Michael was dressed in disguise, he did not recognize him. Prior to Michael’s visit, an announcement was made that Michael would be visiting. Michael delayed the visit on the scheduled day because of a conflict in the schedule, in conjunction with the disruption it caused the set. Michael did come on another day without letting anyone on the crew know. Jason explained:

“When he actually came to visit, an assistant director pulled me over and told me to come to his trailer because someone wanted to meet me. I go to his trailer and I thought it was just an older white guy when I saw him. When he started to speak to me and I looked into his eyes…he told me ‘You’re doing a great job, a really great job Jason.’ And I go ‘Oh Sh*t, Michael?!’ He said yes and apologized for coming like this [in disguise].”
Vlad was confused as to why Michael would come dressed in disguise. Jason explained to him that Michael had a close relationship with the makeup director of the film and anytime Michael wanted to do normal activities without the interference of the media, he’d contact his special effects guy to dress him in disguise so that he would not be followed by paparazzi. Meeting with Jason worked as Jason did a phenomenal job in the series!

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 30 ottobre 2020, 11:00

I was aware of this but I'm sure many people were not.

Salazar
@MikeSalazar777
Replying to
@Zigmanfreud
and
@michaeljackson
My pleasure! As usual, it's only superficially trivial. Adults can enjoy it too. But great Halloween story anyway!

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 4 novembre 2020, 9:07

The Michael Jackson Book Club
@booksaboutMJ

Michael Jackson had this sign at Neverland so when people were leaving, they would see this. How important that must have been for sick children to see, giving them hope. Thank you
@nvrbigal
for sharing this picture with us

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 7 novembre 2020, 11:05

Michael Jackson Charts
@MJJCharts

Michael Jackson's 'Number Ones' has now spent 9 years on the UK Official Albums Chart Top 100.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 12 novembre 2020, 9:29

Marina Ivanova
@MarinaaIvanova

1986 MJ was diagnosed with vitiligo and lupus; ; both diseases make him sensitive to sunlight, which can lead to a recurrence of his lupus. To treat these conditions, uses solakin, tretinoin and benokin. Hydroxychloroquine is also regularly injected directly into the scalp

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 17 novembre 2020, 10:00

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 19 novembre 2020, 7:46

#OnThisday November 18, 1984. The Jacksons performed at BC Place Stadium in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada attending 42,000 loving fans. #MichaelJackson is made an honorary member of the New Westminster Police Department during his hush-hush visit to New Westminster while in British Columbia, Canada. Appointed PC 49, he swears as a police constable to “serve the Queen and cause the peace to be kept and preserved”. The King of Pop received Badge 49 during his visit to the Royal City.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 novembre 2020, 10:37

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 novembre 2020, 20:21

Mourad Mesellaty

#StoryOfTheDay...Sir Paul McCartney has said he is not surprised that #MichaelJackson didn't leave him the rights to the Beatles' back catalogue, saying he didn't believe "for a second" that this would happen. Despite rumours that Jackson planned to bequeath his share of Sony/ATV publishing to McCartney, it was revealed last week that there was no such instruction in the will.
"Some time ago, the media came up with the idea that Michael Jackson was going to leave his share in the Beatles' songs to me in his will," McCartney wrote on his website. "[It] was completely made up."
That "idea" was first reported by the Mirror in January. Michael Jackson, their source alleged, had decided to build bridges with McCartney by drawing up a new will that left him his share of the Beatles' back catalogue. But after Michael Jackson's death on 25 June, there was no sign of this will – and the singer's assets were all left to a trust.
"The report is that I am devastated to find that he didn't leave the songs to me," McCartney wrote. "This is completely untrue. I had not thought for one minute that the original report [about the will] was true, and therefore the report that I'm devastated is also totally false."
In fact, Michael Jackson may scarcely have had any of the Beatles' back catalogue left. The Quietus reports that earlier this year, Jackson sold all but 5% of his remaining 25% share in Sony/ATV – in an attempt to improve his financial situation.
Michael Jackson acquired the rights to the Lennon/McCartney song catalogue in 1985, outbidding Paul McCartney in the purchase of ATV Music. ATV later merged with Sony's publishing division, shares of which were considered some of Michael Jackson's most valuable property. Though Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney had collaborated on songs like The Girl is Mine and Say Say Say, the ATV purchase permanently soured their relationship.
Paul McCartney often complained of "having to pay" every time he performed songs such as Hey Jude, but his resentment has faded with time. "I got off that years ago," he told Halifax's Q104 radio station last Thursday. It was something for a while I was very keen on and you can see why, naturally ... [but these] sort of things can eat you up."
After Michael Jackson's death, Paul McCartney described the singer as a "massively talented boy-man with a gentle soul". "I feel privileged to have hung out and worked with Michael," he said.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 novembre 2020, 9:42

𝘓𝘶𝘤𝘺
@kjngofpops

Michael setting out the items for the inside cover of Moonwalk! I never realised this before

Immagine

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 novembre 2020, 21:28

"Michael is a true artist in every facets of its nature , extremely aesthetic and very , very romantic." - lisa marie presley , 1995

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 28 novembre 2020, 8:45

For those who didn't know.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 30 novembre 2020, 12:23

Eric Alper Headphone
@ThatEricAlper

Pete Townshend was asked to appear on Michael Jackson’s Thriller album in 1982.
He turned down the opportunity, but recommended Eddie Van Halen instead for 1983 hit “Beat It” – one of the most successful singles of all time.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 5 dicembre 2020, 20:42

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 9 dicembre 2020, 15:13

Mourad Mesellaty is with Fanny Fung.

#StoryOfTheDay...On October 1987, #MichaelJackson has just started his #BadWorldTour in Japan and takes a few days off in Hong Kong before continuing his tour in Australia. It was during this private stay
in the Chinese archipelago, which began on October 20, 1987, that Michael Jackson met Dr. Penguin in a restaurant in central Hong Kong, The Duddell's.
Dr. Penguin is an American artist who has been living in Hong Kong for several years. Magician, actor, TV show producer, the man with the extravagant look has made a name for himself all over the world with his shows and series for children. He is notably the author and producer of the children's television series Dr. Penguin's Magical World, broadcast in 25 countries. He has also had resident magic shows at several luxury resorts around the world.
Dr. Penguin accompanied Michael Jackson on several of his trips to Hong Kong and is present in photos of the singer taken during his stay, particularly when the King of Pop visited at the end of October 1987.
It is precisely in this cable car that Michael is photographed as he admired the view of Middle Island, the island south of Hong Kong.
At nightfall, Michael took advantage of the empty streets of Old Hong Kong to take pictures near the traditional stores. Old Street is the main street of this part of Aqua City (The Waterfront section) which recreates Hong Kong from the 50s to the 70s.
A memorable souvenir....

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 dicembre 2020, 14:22

"BUBBLES" PAINTING ARTWORK by Sue Buck
( Center For Great Apes in Florida )

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 11 dicembre 2020, 9:23

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 12 dicembre 2020, 10:12

Michael Jackson mural
San Fernando Valley museum

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 dicembre 2020, 20:06

"That video was also beyond fun. I confess that Michael brought his own costume, he was into buckles. We wanted to give the dancers the b-boy, bicycle messenger look, which was very tough at the time. Acid wash jeans debuted in that video- they hadn’t been brought to the market yet. I loved dressing the 9 minute black and white film at the beginning of the video, which features a young Wesley Snipes. I don’t think everyone has seen that movie- it explains the concept of the dance, and is hyper realistic." #RitaRyack, costume designer for "Bad"

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 15 dicembre 2020, 7:15

Mourad Mesellaty

#Throwback In 1981, #MichaelJackson received the first Scotty Awards for his album Off the Wall, for both sales and artistic achievement.
Just to put an album in this competition, it had to have been awarded a gold or platinum record by the official standards of the American recording industry, and the tapes had to have the high engineering of Scotch recording. Very few people would go that far. Then a panel of expert jurors would evaluate the work.
Only six Scotty Awards each year, in several song categories. Music engineers Bruce Swedien and Allen Zents, in addition to Westlake Studios, also received an award for the album Off the Wall.
At each award, $1,000 was donated to the Muscular Dystrophy Association and a $5,000 scholarship was given to a promising artist, chosen by the winner.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 17 dicembre 2020, 19:47

"I remember a little girl going to Michael because he seemed so sad about the trial, the girl was about 6 years old and this precious little angel said to Michael ′′ I like it better when you smile. Please smile, please be happy again and then he smiled and hugged her in. He had tears in his eyes because he was so touched that a girl just wanted him to be happy and care enough to tell her." #JermaineJackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 18 dicembre 2020, 20:02

@MarinaaIvanova

Michael Jackson received a medal, coat of arms of the city of Paris, given to him by Mayor Jacques Chirac and with a huge plush panther, a gift from Chirac's daughter for his collection of toys.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 19 dicembre 2020, 9:22

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 dicembre 2020, 12:53

Mourad Mesellaty

#StoryOfTheDay...#OnThisDay Way back to Tokyo where #MichaelJackson met Russian doctor Aksenov who treated him and warned Michael about the pills. Dr. Aksenov was not Michael Jackson personal doctor. But he had the opportunity to personally examine and provide him with medical cares four times (among the clients of the doctor like Madonna, Presidents Chirac and Gorbachev).
Michael Jackson trusted Dr. Aksenov very much, and he was the one who turned to him for help ... Dr. Evgeny Aksenov (a famous Russian doctor who for 45 years managed a network of prestigious clinics in Tokyo)
The doctor observed Michael Jackson for 13 years. The doctor warned the singer that the drugs could destroy him, three years ago. He noticed "He lacked air" while checking him.
“The first time Michael came to me in Tokyo in 1996 "...Michael Jackson has a fever. On examination, they also found dehydration.
The clothes in which he spoke did not allow air. He lacked air.
Then I had to put him a drip.
My task was to examine his lungs, heart, check for diabetes. At that time, all the organs of Michael functioned well. He complained of pain in his leg. And he had a serious skin problem (vitiligo). In addition, Michael used a lot of steroids (medicinal substances that stimulate protein synthesis and introduced into the body to increase muscle mass and total body weight.
He complained that the work was hard...one had to run, jump around the stage, sing, and the body’s endurance was not the same. Because of the bleached skin due to pigmentation destruction of the skin , Michael was allergic to the sun and bright light.
The second visit of the star to the clinic of Dr. Aksenov happened two years later. At that time Michael complained of insomnia. Because of the difference in time and endless flights, his internal schedule was disturbed, he could not fall asleep. I prescribed him a harmless sleeping pill.
On tour, Michael's daughter Paris fell ill. The girl kept fever. We had to go to the hotel and take action. So how he took care of children, not every father is capable ! Michael didn't sleep all night. He nonstop applied ice to Paris's face. So exhausted that the next day canceled the concert. Fortunately, the children in Tokyo quickly recovered. Michael went to America, but a few days later he called me with a complaint: “The children got sick again !
American medicines are bad. ” I asked to send him Japanese medicines. I refused to prescribe drugs.
I think the medicine was to blame for his death. Frankly speaking about drugs. After all, three years ago I tapped his heart. It beat beautifully. The pressure was normal.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 dicembre 2020, 7:14

December 21st, 1992. #MichaelJackson went for the third time to the Sega Enterprises headquarter in Haneda in Japan while on tour. Michael made a road test of the "AS-1" boarding arcade game box, which was decided to play new games and produce software for the Michael Jackson version.

Immagine

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 dicembre 2020, 19:52

July 1998, #MichaelJackson and Don Barden, Detroit multimillionaire and the first African American casino owner, submitted a proposal for one of the three casino licenses in Detroit.
Barden’s business partner in the project was Michael Jackson.
The billion dollar project was named the “Majestic Kingdom”, an amusement park along the Detroit Riverfront, including an aquarium, a casino and a hotel.
The amusement park would be called “The Thriller Theme Park,” and the hotel would be called “The Mansion in the Sky.” The plan also included restaurants, bars and nightclubs.
Michael Jackson himself made several visits to the Detroit area trying to drum up support for the project.
Don Barden and Michael Jackson were denied a casino license by Detroit City Council and Detroit mayor Dennis Archer. Don Barden tried to get the decision overturned, but Detroiters voted down the proposal in August of 1998.
Eventually, the three licensees were approved for MotorCity Casino, MGM Grand Detroit and Greektown Casino.

Immagine

Rispondi