On this day

Michael Jackson's news in English. Your updated reference for Michael Jackson's news in English language from all around the world. Rumors, gossip and true facts. And a lot of Michael Jackson's beautiful pictures.
Rispondi
soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Re: On this day

Messaggio da soulmum » 8 novembre 2021, 8:32

November 7th, 2001. #MichaelJackson was in New York for the promotion of his album Invincible, released a few days before, on October 30, 2001. In front of a crowd of fans who invaded Times Square and stop the traffic, Michael appeared in front of the Virgin Megastore, on a podium installed for the occasion, covered with a red carpet.
For a few short minutes, he greeted the crowd and sent kisses to his fans before returning to the interior of Virgin where he gave a quick interview to Carson Daly, live on MTV's Total Request Live.
Michael Jackson also gave an interview to AJ and Free for 106th & Park from BET....and for the Entertainment Tonight show where he talked about his concerts at Madison Square Garden with his brothers in September. The interview will be aired during the November 12 and 13, 2001 shows, interspersed with footage from the recording of "What More Can I Give".
Then, for the first time in his solo career, Michael Jackson took part in a signing session at the Virgin store.
The first 500 fans who bought the CD in the store get a pass giving them access to the event. Relaxed, Michael signed autographs to his fans, kisses them, exchanges a few words, gets his pictures taken with them. A rare moment for the lucky ones, very emotional, and unique in Michael's career and stated... ′′ And a great honor," said Michael, speaking to his first autograph in the Virgin Megastory store in Time Square, New York...I'm very pleased. We worked very hard on it and I'm lucky that the fans accepted it the way they did . Every time there's an album or a new song, and it's like it's the first one".

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 12 novembre 2021, 8:32

November 10th, 1996. #MichaelJackson, while on tour in Asia, agreed an exclusive interview with the American video channel VH1 and answered fans questions. VH1 solicited questions from fans and received thousands of them via email, phone, mail, fax, and from fans on the street.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 12 novembre 2021, 9:01

November 11, 2004. #MichaelJackson called Geraldo Rivera at a fan gathering in Time Square, New York, to support his innocence, and made a statement to the fans and to Rivera, as follows: ′′ Good Geraldo, it was my fans who called them today. I mean, I feel like they're the best fans in the world, and I've decided, instead of someone else speaking for me, that I'm going to do it myself. And I want to thank my fans for their strong support over the years... They could have been anywhere today, you know, and they chose to be in New York at Time Square. And I want to thank them from the bottom of my heart. They wrote thousands and thousands of letters and made hundreds of calls on Eminem's [offensive] video, 'Just Lose It'). And I love them so much. In London, more than four thousand people showed up on my behalf and I want to thank Reverend Jesse Jackson, Reverend Al Sharpton, Minister Farrakhan, The Source, Steve Harvey, Bob Johnson and BET, Cathy Hughes and Radio One and all the many who supported me. You know what? And Geraldo, I also want to thank you for your friendship and... everything, all the wonderful things you've done, thank you very much [...] I'm still working on wonderful music and I've been working on several albums right now, I'm working on Music today, I'm working on something as we speak, Geraldo, and I'm making plans to do some other wonderful things that I'm going to announce to the fans. very soon. And I hope so, Geraldo, you know [...]. I ' love my fans I love them - I love you and thank you very much for being there on my behalf and thank you."

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 14 novembre 2021, 10:45

November 13th, 1989. #MichaelJackson performed a one time tribute song "You Were There" written by Michael Jackson, with Alan 'Buz' Kohan, at the Shrine Auditorium, venue for Sammy Davis Jr.'s 60th Anniversary Show. The show aired on ABC-TV on February 4th, 1990.
The night before the tribute show, Michael and Buz Kohan, who wrote the script, went in the rehearsal hall and wrote a song. They arranged it overnight, and the night of the show was the first time he'd ever sung it. He wanted to sing something that really related to Sammy.
Debbie Allen, Anita Baker, Diahann Carrol, Neil Carter, Bill Cosby, Tony Danza, Clint Eastwood, Lola Falana, Ella Fitzgerald, Goldie Hawn, Gregory Hines, Bob Hope, Whitney Houston, Jesse Jackson, Michael Jackson, Quincy Jones, Shirley MacLaine, Dean Martin. Eddie Murphy, Gregory Peck, Richard Pryor, Frank Sinatra, Mike Tyson, Dionne Warwick, Steve Wonder and Eddie Murphy as host all appeared on stage in celebration of Sammy Davis Jr's 60 years in show business.
Sammy Davis Jr. had helped to ease racial tensions and break down the walls separating the different races. This lead directly to Michael's tribute. Michael stepped from the glare of several spotlights to perform, "Your Were There" Michael's touching tribute brought tears to his idol, who was then battling throat cancer. Sammy was unable to speak due to the surgery. Michael stood relatively still behind the microphone stand delivering the song only a few feet away from Davis. After Michael finished the performance with one hand raised in the air, he walked over to Sammy and hugged him warmly. Performed by Michael, for the one and only time - at the show, after which he was heard saying he would never sing the song again, (which he never did) as it was "Sammy's song". It was registered with the United States Copyright Office in December 1989.
In 1990, This show won the Emmy award and was the last appearance of Sammy who passed away from throat cancer on May 16th just weeks after this program was broadcast.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 16 novembre 2021, 10:26

Mourad Mesellaty is with Paul Scott Conrad.

November 15, 2005. Bill Bray, #MichaelJackson's security chief and father figure, died at the age of 80 at Sentinel Hospital.
Michael stated his deep sadness with words to Bill..."I am deeply saddened by the passing of my dear longtime friend, Mr. Bill Bray. During my travels around the world, Mr. Bray was there by my side. Bill Bray will always have a special place in my heart. I send all my love and sympathy to the Bray family. "
Michael recalled Bill in his book "Moonwalk"..."Bill is very careful and immensely professionnal in his job, but he doesn't worry about things after the fact. He travels with me everywhere and occasionnally he is my only companion on short trips. I can't imagine life without Bill. He is warmand funny and absolutely in love with life. He is a great man."
According to Bill’s wife, “MJ and Bill were so close he was like his real father. That’s what he called him. There was one time at the beginning when MJ finished a show, he would run and jump in Bill’s arms when he got off stage.“ Bill Carried little MJ in his arms away from screaming crowds. Bray traveled with the Jacksons, and then with MJ, with a devotion that often upset Gail. "When I needed him he would come back off the road for a day, then he’d have to get back to MJ.”
Bray’s name is listed as head of security on all MJ tours, Victory, Bad, Dangerous and HIStory Tour. When we ran into Bray in Los Angeles he always spoke very highly of Michael. He told me how smart Michael Jackson is, etc.. Because Michael always seemed very shy so people had misconceptions of him. When anyone has a good career working for someone like MJ, its up to them to save their money so when they retire they can live comfortable. Michael Jackson paid for some of Bill bray’s medical expenses until he died. Bill Bray Retired in 1996 and even though it was widely reported that he and Michael had a ‘falling out’ it’s important to remember that Bill was around 70 when he stopped working for MJ, as 70 is pretty old to be working in the kind of security capacity that you’d need to be with Michael. From all accounts, Bill Bray did remain on Michael’s payroll for the remainder of his life, which would simply mean he retired! Even though Michael and he were not in close contact in Bill’s last years, Michael had a lot of personal problems to deal with of his own. Michael did issue a public statement when Bill Bray died in 2005 at the age of 80, saying that he was saddened by the death and that Bill would always have a special place in his heart. Sources behind the scenes said that when told of Bray’s death, Michael became “hysterical”.
“Michael is very, very, very saddened to learn of the passing of Bill Bray, who was a longtime friend and mentor to him and very trusted adviser to him,” said spokeperson Raymone Bain. She said Jackson, who has been living in Bahrain since winning an acquittal on child molestation charges in June, had spoken to members of Bray’s family by telephone.
Bill you are loved and will be missed as Michael. God bless your family. I will always remind your kindness to me through the years

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 19 novembre 2021, 7:28

November 18, 1986. 'The Making of Captain EO'
by #MichaelJackson is premiered on Disney Channel.
( Here Michael with Matt Forger, Sound Engineer )
“Michael was so effective at communicating the emotion. I mean, sometimes, we would just swell up with emotion when we would hear Michael’s vocal delivery. There were many times he would sing and it would cut you to the bone. He would bring you to the edge of tears.” #MattForger

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 novembre 2021, 14:32

On July 18, 1996, #MichaelJackson visited South Africa for a few days, he arrived in Johannesburg, where he attended a private birthday for then President Nelson Mandela on the mentioned date. Nelson Mandela invited an estimated 2000 children to the party and posed with the singer before cutting a birthday cake for his 78th birthday at Hilton College in Kwazulu-Natal. Michael Jackson has taken time off from touring, to visit South Africa where he also reveals he is writing a song about him. Nelson Mandela, stepping out on to a patio to greet the media, turned to Michael Jackson and said, “I can see who is the world leader. I have never seen so many journalists!” While in South Africa, Michael Jackson also visited the black township of Soweto, where he layed a wreath of flowers at the memorial to honor the youngsters who were shot dead by South Africa’s security forces during the 1976 Apartheid riots, and renders a bouquet of white roses, carnations and lilies in remembrance of 11-year-old leukemia victim, Jaymee Bowen. Meanwhile, the highest bid for a Neverland visit on behalf of the star is obtained at the “Cities in School” celebrity auction and, with the aid of radio “KIIS-FM” in Los Angeles, 115,000 dollars are delivered to school pupils.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 novembre 2021, 7:28

November 20, 2000. #MichaelJackson attended the birthday party of Rabbi Shmuley Boteach in Englewood, New Jersey. During the party Michael meets a very young Elissa Mingino, a 7-year-old girl suffering from leukemia, whose biggest dream was to meet her favorite singer, Michael Jackson.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 novembre 2021, 7:35

.November 20, 2003. #MichaelJackson left the North Las Vegas airport to fly to Santa Barbara. Michael Jackson arrived at the Santa Barbara airport on a private jet with Grace and his attorney Mark Geragos, where he is handcuffed and took his passport and leave fingerprints at the Santa Barbara County Jail. Michael was allowed to walk free after paying $3 million bail, posing for a police photo and being informed of the charges against him.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 novembre 2021, 19:49

November 22, 1987. In 2010, Riverstone Aboriginal leader Vilma Ryan broke a 22-year pledge of silence to speak about her encounters with #MichaelJackson. Mrs Ryan, age 70, arranged for Michael to visit Murawina Preschool at Redfern when he was in the Australia during his 1987 Bad tour. She said she had been sworn to strict secrecy. ""Michael was very interested in Aboriginal affairs, especially black deaths in custody, but didn’t want to alienate his fans,” Mrs Ryan said. At the time of the visit, Mrs Ryan worked as director of the centre. She said she had been told the visit would have been cancelled if the press found out. ‘I was also warned not to publicize it even after his return to America,’ she said.’ That’s why it was never reported.’ ‘It was the highlight of my life and my biggest secret for 22 years.” Mrs Ryan said she was first invited to meet Michsel at the Regent Hotel in Sydney after she managed to pass a letter to his people at Sydney Airport.” Michael wanted to meet with staff, parents and kids of the preschool after his Sydney concert when I told him about my work,’ she said.’ He gave me 100 tickets to his concert at Parramatta Stadium when I told him our kids couldn’t afford to see his show. He was very polite, soft spoken and respectful during our meeting.’ She said that the day after his concert, Mr Jackson’s people asked her to meet at his hotel and guide him and about 30 others to Redfern.’ I organized a team of Aboriginal women guards to look after his security and instructed them to lock the doors after his arrival,’ she said. ‘He spent about two hours at the centre talking with the kids, their parents and staff.’ She also organized for a group picture later of Jackson with the kids at a Surry Hills photo studio.’ I cried when I heard he passed away and so did many of the kids who met him.” In 2012 Ms Ryan was honoured for her lifetime's work as an activist for justice for Aboriginal people.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 novembre 2021, 14:06

November 24, 1992. #MichaelJackson spoke about children and raised understanding on his "Heal The World Foundation" and on the aids organized by his charity and himself for the war-stricken Sarajevo, Bosnia Herzegovina #MJHumanitarian
Michael stated : "Children show me in their playful smiles the divine in everyone. This simple goodness shines straight from their hearts. Being with them connects us to the deeper wisdom of life. These children are a reminder of the preciousness of all life, especially young lives untouched by hatred, prejudice and greed. Now, when the world is so confused and its problems so complicated, we need our children more than ever. Their natural wisdom points the way to solutions that lie waiting to be recognized within our own hearts. Children are the world's foremost idealists and optimists. It is for that reason that 'Heal The World" is organizing the World's Children Congress next year, made up exclusively of delegates, aged 8 to 16. The world desperately needs their innocent perspective on the world's problems. We have to heal our wounded planet of the chaos, despair and senseless destruction we see today. The mission of HTW, my mission, is healing. Pure and simple. To heal the world, we must start by healing our children. Today, we come bearing gifts for the children of war-torn Sarajevo. In 1992, Sarajevo has become a symbol of so much that is tragic, but avoidable in our world. Prejudice and ethnic hatred, the destruction of the environment, the shattering of families and of centuries-old communities. We are pleased to announce at this special time of year that we will turn our efforts home, to the plight of our American children. Towards this end, we are planning "Convoy USA". This will be an effort to help all Americans work together toward a single objective: to heal the children of our inner cities. This Thanksgiving is particularly special to me, with the launch of the single, "Heal The World". I wrote this song for everyone in our world, in an effort to help bring global harmony. All the proceeds of this song will go to the "Heal The World Foundation". Thank you, all, for coming. Special thanks to AmeriCares, for standing side by side to us at this project. To all of you who have supported "Heal The World" with your time and donations, our prayers and thanks."

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 29 novembre 2021, 8:41

November 27, 1991. #MichaelJackson premiered his "Dangerous" album tracks with "Black or White" and "Will You Be There" at the MTV 10th Anniversary and aired this day. In fact, the recording took place several days before, & more specifically, on November 15th & 16th. Michael Jackson occured a timeless performance which MTV could never erase from music history !

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 1 dicembre 2021, 12:54

.The song "Gone Too Soon" was released on December 1st, 1993, as the ninth and final single from the Dangerous album, following its release on World AIDS Day of 1993. The Song was written and composed by Larry Grossman and Buz Kohan in the early 80's but was recorded and produce by Michael Jackson and Bruce Swedien on June 1990.
Michael Jackson's version of "Gone Too Soon" was dedicated to the memory of his friend Ryan White, a teenager from Kokomo, Indiana who came to national attention, after being expelled from his school for having HIV/AIDS.
"Gone Too Soon" was promoted with a short music video directed by Bill DiCicco. The footage in the music video featured scenes of Michael Jackson and Ryan White together, as well as brief coverage from White's funeral. Home movies, donated by Ryan White's mother Jeanne, were also shown in the short film. At the time of its creation, Jeanne White revealed that the video for "Gone Too Soon" would demonstrate how much Michael Jackson cared for her ill son.
The song was further promoted with a live performance of "Gone Too Soon" at President-elect Bill Clinton's inauguration celebration, An American Reunion: The 52nd Presidential Inaugural Gala. The pop star dedicated his performance to White, and used the occasion to plead with the incoming president for funding toward AIDS-related research.
"Thank you, mister President-elect, for inviting me to your inauguration gala. I would like to take a moment from this very public ceremony to speak of something very personal. It concerns a dear friend of mine who is no longer with us. His name is Ryan White. He was a hemophiliac who was diagnosed with the AIDS virus when he was eleven. He died shortly after turning eighteen, the very time most young people are beginning to explore life's wonderful possibilities. My friend Ryan was a very bright, very brave, and very normal young man who never wanted to be a symbol or a spokesperson for a deadly disease. Over the years, I've shared many silly, happy, and painful moments with Ryan and I was with him at the end of his brief but eventful journey. Ryan is gone and just as anyone who has lost a loved one to AIDS, I miss him deeply and constantly. He is gone, but I want his life to have meaning beyond his passing. It is my hope, President-elect Clinton, that you and your administration commit the resources needed to eliminate this awful disease that took my friend, and ended so many promising lives before their time. This song is for you Ryan". - Michael Jackson, January 1993.
Here's the story behind the song, which has been revived time and again for times of public mourning.
It was past midnight on a Sunday when the phone rang at the Kohan home. "Sorry, did I wake you up?" a voice whispered on the other line. "Is Buzzie there?"
It was Michael Jackson, who, at the moment, was riding one of the biggest waves of success popular music had ever seen. That month (February, 1983) Michael Jackson was featured on the cover of Rolling Stone; "Beat It" joined "Billie Jean" at the top of the charts; his videos played in a loop on MTV; and Thriller was flying off shelves like loaves of bread.
"Buzzie" was Buz Kohan, renowned television producer and writer (best known for his work on award shows and variety shows, including the Motown 25 special). Michael Jackson first met him when the singer was just 12 years old. Buz lived nearby in Encino on beautiful Beaumont Street. He was a well-known veteran in the entertainment industry, and the two became good friends. Michael Jackson would ask Buz endless questions about legendary figures like Bing Crosby, Gene Kelly, Sammy Davis and Fred Astaire, the "greats," as he called them. They later worked closely in Las Vegas for the Jackson family's variety show.
"We oughta write some songs together," a teenage Michael Jackson suggested one day. They began co-writing soon after and their collaborations, which included songs like "Scared of the Moon" and "You Were There," continued over the next two decades.
Buz's wife, Rhea, had grown accustomed to Michael Jackson's late night calls. "Just a second," she said, passing the phone to her husband. Michael Jackson was calling that night about a particular song. Earlier that evening he had watched Dionne Warwick (a good friend) perform a tribute on the TV special, "Here's Television Entertainment." It was dedicated to many performers whose lives had been cut short too soon, John Lennon, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, and Sam Cooke, among others, but its poignancy was especially felt due to the death of Karen Carpenter just days earlier at the age of 32.
"Certain singers carry with them the energy of their time," Dionne Warwick had said. "They become symbols or signposts. They're reminders of our frailties and need to communicate... Tonight we are left with unanswered questions that are asked when any great talent is consumed before its time: Why? What if? And what might have been?"
Dionne Warwick proceeded to sing a moving rendition of a song co-written by Buz Kohan and Larry Grossman. It was called "Gone Too Soon."
Michael Jackson said he wept as he watched. He had grown up with the music of the Carpenters. Their songs were part of his DNA. But that song, there was something deeper about it that he connected to.
That night Michael Jackson told Buz he felt he had to record it some day. "It's yours when you want it," Buz said. In the ensuing months, however, other projects took precedent, including the music videos for "Beat It" and "Thriller." Every now and then, "Gone Too Soon" re-appeared as a tribute number at charity events or ceremonies. In addition to Dionne Warwick's performance, it was later sung by Patti Labelle and Donna Summer. But it was never recorded in a studio.
Years later, in June 1990, Buz and Michael were talking on the phone when Michael Jackson brought up a young boy he had befriended named Ryan White. "He's not gonna live forever," Michael Jackson said. "I wanna do something special for him." Ryan Ryan had become the national face of AIDS at a time when the disease was still severely misunderstood, stigmatized, and feared.
An ordinary kid from Kokomo, Indiana, Ryan contracted the AIDS virus through a tainted blood transfusion (Ryan was a hemophiliac). He was then shunned, taunted, bullied, and threatened with violence by his classmates and community. Fellow students called him a "queer" and treated him like a leper. Members of his local church refused to shake his hand. Neighbors on his paper route cancelled their subscriptions. Eventually, he was forced out of his middle school.
When he heard the story, Michael Jackson reached out to Ryan to offer friendship and support. They quickly became close. Both were so accustomed to feeling different, they said, it was a relief just to feel "normal" for a few hours in each other's company.
Over the ensuing months, they talked on the phone often. Ryan was a remarkably thoughtful, eloquent, and mature teenager. He understood he was hated and feared by many; he understood he had been thrust into a very public role; and he understood he would die soon.
Michael Jackson remembered one night listening to Ryan White at his dining room table telling his mom how to bury him. "He said, 'Mom, when I die, don't put me in a suit and tie," Jackson recalled in an interview with Shmuley Boteach. "I don't want to be in a suit and tie. Put me in OshKosh jeans and a T-shirt.' I said, 'I have to use the bathroom,' and I ran to the bathroom and cried my eyes out, hearing this little boy tell his mother how to bury him."
Michael Jackson knew he couldn't change Ryan's fate, but he hoped to give him some escapism and joy before his time was up. Ryan White and his family made several trips to Neverland Ranch, where they rode four wheelers, ate pizza, and watched a private screening of Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade. "Those trips to California kept me going," Ryan said.
Michael Jackson later bought Ryan a red Mustang convertible, his dream car, for his birthday. Just months later, however, on April 8, 1990, Ryan died.
The next day, Michael Jackson arrived in Indiana. He sat in Ryan's empty room for hours, looking at his souvenirs, clothes, and pictures. "I don't understand when a child dies," Michael Jackson later said. "I really don't." Ryan's mother, Jeane, offered to let Michael Jackson have whatever he wanted as a keepsake, but he told her just to keep everything in his room as it was.
In the front yard was the red Mustang Jackson had given Ryan, covered with flowers from well-wishers. Ryan's sister, Andrea, got in the car with Michael Jackson. When he turned it on, "Man in the Mirror" began to play. It was the last song Ryan had listened to.
When Buz Kohan heard of Ryan's death, he had archivist Paul Seurrat (who compiled and catalogued videos for Michael Jackson) put together footage of Michael Jackson and Ryan together along with Dionne Warwick's rendition of "Gone Too Soon."
Michael Jackson called Buz soon after. "It's perfect," he said. "I love it." Jackson had promised Ryan he could be in his next music video, but they ran out of time. This was it, Jackson thought. He would create a video and song dedicated to Ryan and his cause. I want the world to know who you are, he pledged.
"There's one thing though," Michael told Buz. "I don't do covers. Has anyone recorded it?"
"Nope," Buzz said. "It's been sung, but not recorded. My people have a word for this. Bashert. It was meant to be. It's been waiting for you."
A month later, Buzz was there in the studio at Ocean Way when Michael Jackson recorded the song. As usual, Michael Jackson sang in the dark to fully immerse himself. Sitting by engineer Bruce Swedien at the control desk, Buz got goosebumps as he listened. The lyrics were about the beauty, transience, and fragility of life. The words could easily devolve into cliche and sentimentality in the hands of an ordinary performer, but Michael Jackson was no ordinary performer. "He put his soul into it," recalls Buz. "There was no exaggeration or affect. It was real emotion."...Gone too soon.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 7 dicembre 2021, 8:20

December 6th, 1989. #MichaelJackson 's award was presented during his surprise appearance at the Arsene Hall Show
to present Eddie Murphy with the MTV Comedy Award. MTV aired a special show called ′′ Voting the 80s", 8 in which they revealed how viewers voted in various categories, including their choices for best film, video and television program of the 80s.
Michael Jackson received the most nominations and Thriller was named the largest video in the history of the world. The album ′′ Thriller ′′ was nominated for Really Big Album and Michael Jackson was named the Mega Artist of the 80s. The short film ′′ Thriller ′′
was chosen as the world's largest video with 35% of the votes.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 8 dicembre 2021, 8:48

December 6th, 1995. The BET show was broadcast on American cable television. On September 22, #MichaelJackson was inducted into the Black Entertainment's Television Walk of Fame.
Michael was in Washington DC, to join the 15th Anniversary celebrations of Black Entertainment Television. Robert L. Johnson, BET’s president, presented a special plaque to Michael, who said he was ‘really proud’ and that it was ‘a great honour’
For the event, Michael performed "You Are Not Alone " with the Union Temple Baptist Choir, he became the first inductee in BET’s newly founded Walk Of Fame – created to recognize contributions to the music industry by African American artists.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 dicembre 2021, 8:10

ON THIS DAY IN MICHAEL JACKSON HISTORY DECEMBER 10-1983 - Michael Jackson's single "Say Say Say" hit #1 on the U.S. Top 100."Say Say Say" is a song written and performed by Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson, released in October 1983 as the lead single to McCartney's 1983 album Pipes of Peace. Produced by George Martin, the song was recorded during production of McCartney's 1982 Tug of War album, about a year before the release of "The Girl Is Mine", the pair's first duet from Michael's album Thriller (1982).After its release in October 1983, "Say Say Say" became Michael's seventh top-ten hit inside a year. It was a number one hit in the United States (his sixth number-one single there), Canada, Norway, Sweden and several other countries, reached number two in the United Kingdom, and peaked within the top ten in Australia, Austria, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Switzerland and over 20 other nations. In 2013, Billboard magazine listed the song as the 41st biggest hit of all time on the Billboard Hot 100 charts.[2] It has also been voted the ninth best collaboration of all time in a Rolling Stone readers poll.[3]
The single was certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America in December 1983, representing sales of 500,000 copies. The single was promoted with an influential music video directed by Bob Giraldi. The short film centres around two con artists called "Mac and Jack" (played by McCartney and Michael).

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 12 dicembre 2021, 7:36

ON THIS DAY IN MICHAEL JACKSON HISTORY DECEMBER 12 1996 Michael takes part in a Hand In Cement Ceremony at Tower Records in Tokyo where he set his hand and signature in plaster for a plaque to be displayed in the store permanently.
Michael also makes a brief speech there: "Hello, thank you very much for having me. I just want you to know I love you all very much and I'm glad to be back in Japan. Thank you." After which he sinks his hand in cement while fans chant "You Are Not Alone", wipes his hand with a towel and proceeds: "You, guys, sound beautiful singing. Harmony. [smiles] I just want to say thank again for having me here and I'm very happy to be back in Japan and I love you more. I love you more. Thank you."

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 dicembre 2021, 7:29

December 13, 1984. #MichaelJackson attended a ceremony at the Brotman Memorial Hospital, where he donated
$1.5 million to the Burn Centre for Children. He then toured the hospital again, meeting patients and lifting spirits.
Michael Jackson visited the unit for burn victims at Brotman Memorial Hospital in Los Angeles, him having been admitted there previously for head injuries, derived from a stage pyrotechnics incident during filming the commercial for Pepsi along with his brothers. Among the victims, he meets 23-year old mechanic, Keith Perry, burned over 90 percent of his body in a car crash. The surgeons declared that Michael Jackson’s visit at Perry’s bedside was the main reason he had pulled through: "Michael encouraged him, talking to him for hours”, says Los Angeles hospital spokesman, Judy Davis.“
"Superstar singer Michael Jackson was burned tonight while dancing during filming of a multimillion-dollar soft-drink commercial featuring fireworks, which set his jacket and hair on fire.
Jackson, 25, was first rushed to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, then transferred by ambulance to Brotman Memorial Hospital Burn Center, where his doctor said he was in good condition with second-degree burns on his scalp and one small spot of third-degree burns on the back of his head.
"Michael is quite shocked. He's fortunate that there were no injuries to his face," Dr. Steve Hoefflin told reporters. "At this time I don't think skin grafts are necessary."
Jackson arrived at Brotman on a stretcher with a bandage around his head and a gel on his face. He was wearing a gold chain and a single glove, studded with jewels, on his right hand.
More than 50 fans were waiting outside the facility, and some of them broke into tears as Jackson was wheeled into the emergency room."
Source : The Washington Post

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 dicembre 2021, 14:09

December 20th, 2002. #MichaelJackson gave an exclusive interview to Gold Girl Magazine talking with Madalena about fame,
the weight of celebrity since childhood, his view of the media and his future in film.
Michael Jackson and a music legend . Now with a nod toward new career, and on her way to becoming a Hollywood legend, she gave this interview to Gold Girl Magazine.
Michael is the King of Pop, the man who made the best selling albums in history, a man whose dance numbers and melodies have enchanted people in every corner of the globe, from Johanesburg to Jakarta, from London to Los Angeles.
But he's also an enigma. A star as a child with his brothers in the Jackson 5. He comes from a family with immense talent and as the youngest son, he carved out for himself the most successful solo career of them all. He is one of the world famous child peaks who have managed to become adults with a worldwide fame.
And now he wants to invent himself once again, as a movie star.
Despite his fame, despite the fact that he has been performer, creator and improviser since he was old enough to walk, Jackson is shy towards the public. He may have hordes of fans and photographers surrounding him every time he goes public, but he is an intensely private man who lives with his family on his fairytale Neverland ranch in California.
In this rare interview he talks candidly with Madalena of Gold Girl Magazine about fame, the weight of his celebrity since childhood, his view of the media and his future in film.
GG- Do you consider yourself more of a musician, an artist or an entrepreneur?
MJ- Probably all of the above, because I love to entertain and will always love to entertain. I love to become a slave to the beat, because the dance and interpretation of the sounds and the accompaniment of the orchestra. You become the sound, you become the bass, you become what you listen to and what you do physically. But I try not to get so attached and forget to think about the future. There were many artists who stayed in their past and ended up alone, sad and broken. I always tell myself that I never want that to happen to me and I try to struggle to learn how to manage the world, to support them, to invest my money, to save. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? We have to be financially protected in order to help and same.
GG- Do you want to be remembered as a great artist?
MJ- I love movies and I love art. An architect and a performing artist, a man who builds the Rollercoaster, and an artist. He knows where to develop the slopes and the great anticipation of when you go up ... He incites you to say, " Oh my God!" when you get to the top before you come down, and just like structuring a show or a dance.
GG- Has it ever been a burden for you knowing that you are one of the most easily recognized Po stars in the world?
MJ- There is no place in the world where I can actually go and relax. The thing that hurts the most is the fact that privacy has been taken away from you. To use a silly expression, it's like they have you in an aquarium, but true. I do disguises....they all know that it is very difficult, very difficult.
GG - What kind of disguises?
MJ - Some Bar costumes, protruding teeth, glasses, Afros, prosthetics, lots of makeup, everything. Just to sit among the pubic and see the show with pubic eyes. I want to feel how they feel.
GG- Do people find out about you?
MJ- Sometimes they do. Initially, no. Then they start looking into my eyes. I put these things on and then they started looking behind the eyes....Girls are very smart, you know. You can fool a boy more easily than you can fool a girl. Women are able to recognize me. They know the way you move your body, the way you walk, the way I gesture. I hear them say, "Look at the way his hand moves," or "Look at the way he amuses," and I think, "Oh, no."
GG- If you were invisible for a day in London, what would you do?
MJ- Oh! Would I like to schmooze? Let me see (laughs)... I think I'd want to find one of the tabloid paparazzi and kick them in the cult, moonwalk style. I'd really like to push them off, from one of those mopeds they drive around, I'd really like to. Take the cameras right out of their hands. They're so annoying. I'd love to go to them first, tran. They drive you crazy. You can't get away from them. And terrible.
GG- Who has inspired you the most professionally and who do you identify with?
MJ- Probably Walt Disney, because when I was growing up I grew up in an adult way. I grew up on stage. I grew up in nightclubs. When I was seven, eight years old, I was in nightclubs. I saw girls stripping, taking off all their clothes. I saw fights break out, I saw people throwing up on each other. I saw adults acting like pigs. And that's why I hate discos today. I don't like going to clubs - I've done it before, I've been there before. So now I try to make up for what I didn't do then. So when you come to my house, you'll see that there are rides, a movie theater and animals. I love animals - elephants, giraffes, lions, tigers and bears, all kinds of snakes. I can do all those wonderful things that I couldn't do when I was little. I didn't have all those things. We didn't have Christmas. We didn't sleep over with a friend. We didn't go to school, we got private lessons when we were on tour. I didn't go to a publics school, we tried for two weeks and it didn't work out, it was very hard. It's hard to raise a famous kid. Very few can make the transition from child star to adult star. It's very difficult.
I identify with Shirley Temple. I met her in San Francisco and sat at her table. And I cried a lot. She said, "What's wrong Michael?" I said, "I love you. I need to be closer to you." She, "It goes. You are one of us, aren't you?". I said, "Yes." Someone else said, "What do you mean?" And she said, "Michael knows what I mean." And I know exactly what she meant - to have lived as a child star and managed to make transition to fame as an adult, and it's very difficult. When you're a child star, people don't want to see you grow up. They want you to stay small forever. They do not want you to work later and it is very difficult.
GG - Tell me more about your interests in theme parks - what intersects you about them?
MJ - My favorite thing about theme parks - and I have a pretty broad view on it, I've been around the world many times - I just love seeing people come together with their families and have fun, it really brings them closer together. I go there to have fun, but I also go there to study. I go after hours to the parks because I can't go there during the day. It kind of feels like a ghost town.
GG - I heard you have some ideas for a theme park in Las Vegas?
MJ - I've done a lot of projects in Las Vegas and I think what I've done is I've expanded the population, because when I was a kid - I wasn't more than eight years old - my brothers and I went to Las Vegas. At that time kids weren't allowed to set foot in a casino. So we stayed in our rooms and got bored, because there was nothing to do while everyone else was playing. There was only one place for kids in Las Vegas, at the time called Circus Circus. It was a hotel in which the theme was clowns. I remember there was a man on a trapeze and chimpanzees riding a unicycle. When I got older with my brothers, we played a lot in Las Vegas - we performed a lot, many times - and I thought and said, "It's really not fair that there's nothing here for the kids." So I started developing a couple of ideas for some hotel owners, and now it's really like a sort of vacation kingdom for families.
GG - Who are your favorite people?
MJ - I like people who have really contributed to the pleasure and happiness of the planet and humanity. People who have brought light - from Walt Disney to Ghandhi to Edison to Martin Luther King. These are people who truly cared about children, who brought families together and love. That's what I try to say in my music and my songs. If you go to one of my concerts, my shows, you'll see 200,000 people swaying, with candles, saying, "We want to heal the world and I love you." I've seen it all over the world, from Russia to Germany, Poland, Africa and America. We are all the same. People cry in the same moments of the show, they get angry in the same moments of the show and they get emotional in the same moments.
GG - Was Fred Astaire your friend?
MJ - Yes. Fred Astair from my next door neighbor. I saw him every day when I was riding my little motor scooter. He always told me, he always told me when I was a kid, "You're going to be a big star." He told me he thought I was a terrific entertainer and a great dancer. And he would always say, "You're the best." And I would tell him, "No. You are the best." I remember the first time I moonwalked. Fred called me at home. He was screaming on the phone in delirium. He said, I was the best performance he'd ever seen. I said, "Oh, come on." He said, "Michael, you worshipped him. You're a great dancer. You're a hell of a dancer." I said, "Well, hearing from you, I don't need any awards." Because I had been nominated for an Emmy Award, for such a performance, which I didn't get later,but I didn't care. Fred Astaire said he loved my performances, and that was all the award I needed.
GG - If you could work with anyone living or dead, who would it be?
MJ - If I could work with anyone, it would be Charlie Chaplin, who I love so much. Also, Laurence Olivier, he was a genius, really. It's about two guys, I think. And also the King, Brando.
GG - Last year you did a short film, "You rock my world," with assistance from Marlon Brando. What was it like working with the maestro?
MJ - Brando is a good friend of mine. He is very much like me. He doesn't go to many places. He comes to Neverland or stays at my house on Mulholland Drive or goes to Tahiti. His son worked for me for over 20 years, and his other son was in my class at private school. And just a giant. You see, Brando is smart, because when he works with me, he always says, "I know what buttons to push to get emotion from you." He knows me so well. He knows how to make me tick, so that I say certain things to really have me prepared. He's a genius. He's a king. And last of that generation. And a brilliant man, a wonderful person. I love him and he's a good friend of mine.
GG - You made a cameo in "Men in black ll", was it fun to work on?
MJ - The Men in Black project was actually a lot of fun, because I introduced myself as the new guy.
GG - It was obvious from the "Thriller" video that you are very interested in the visual arts.
MJ - Everything I do I enjoy, whether directing directly or working closely with the director - we co-direct and come up with ideas together. If you look at "Ghosts," it's co-written by Michael Jackson and Stephen Kong. We wrote it over the phone. Stephen and I - he's an amazing, amazing guy. We wrote it on the phone,just talking together.
GG - Who are the figures in the film world that you most admire and why?
MJ - I love Robert de Niro. I think he is a multifaceted actor. He can play any role as an actor, from a comedian to a priest to a psycho killer to a jerk to a charming uncle and anything in between. And, of course, any great dancer.
GG - Who would be your ideal leading actress and why ?
MJ - An actress? (laughs) You and I need to make a movie together. Let's do it, I would love that....
GG - There has been talk that you would like to go to the moon and perform an authentic moonwalk. Is there any truth to that?
MJ - (laughs) There is some truth to it. This is not a rumor. That's all I'm going to say.
GG - You outbid Paul McCartney for the Beatles catalog. What was so special about that?
MJ - No, I didn't. He didn't make an offer. It was on sale, I liked it and bought it. Like buying a piece of art.
GG - Tell me more about your passion for children's charities. What charities do you support ?
MJ - Well, I have a children's charity that I created called Heal the World. And every time I do a concert or anything related to the show, I give a certain amount of money to Heal the World. You know, orphanages and hospitals, children who need a lung or a liver, we find it and we pay for the surgical treatment. When I was on tour I saw a lot of hospitals and orphanages. We go to see children up to 12 years of age and give boxes and boxes and boxes of toys,some Michael Jackson posters and accessories. They love it.
GG - What do you wish to accomplish in your life?
MJ - I'm never satisfied. There are so many different paths and so many different things I want to do. I've done a lot, but I don't think it's enough, which is why I don't display any awards in my home. You will never see any awards in my house, I put them all in storage. Because if you get caught up in all that, it starts to feel like "oh man, I did it". There's so much more, so many more mountains to climb.
GG - If one of your kids came to you and said: "Dad I want to be a pop star", what is the best advice you could give them?
MJ - The best advice I would give them, that it's hard work, be prepared, because it's not all joy all the time. And that you have to have rhino skin, because the bigger the star, the bigger the target. The tabloid press is enough, and you have to have rhino skin to deal with this kind of ignorant mentality. They simply do it to sell newspapers, because it's better to see bad news than good news. They simply make it up. If it is they have nothing, they make it up. I am nothing like how the tabloids have portrayed me, nothing. Nothing like that. They are the ones who are crazy. They're ignorant. I always tell my fans, "Let's make a pile of tabloids. Let's make a big pile of tabloids and burn them." Real fans who love me know that it's all garbage, that it's not true. They know it. They are smart.
GG - Have you always wanted to make a movie? If your family hadn't been successful as musicians, would you have turned to movies earlier in your life?
MJ - I've always wanted to do filmmaking, but touring got in the way. That's why I want to take a few years doing only films. I would love to have six big movies behind me, after I do a little touring, I would do more movies.
GG - What kind of ideas do you have for movies ?
MJ - I have ideas for movies and moving and dancing and things that people have never seen. I look forward to surprising people. So before I die I'd like to start a film production company, and I'm very happy that that's what we're doing with Neverland Pictures. I would like to be able to have a new life and play and create and sculpt.
GG - Tell me about the werewolf idea in your film and how it relates to the video?
MJ - I haven't read the script for "Wolfed" yet - this is one of the films we are going to make and I am very excited about it. I am so happy to be working with Sammy Lee (the co-author of music box, who recently bought "first look" at the rights to Jackson's films). We're doing some great film projects together and I'm really excited.
GG - And "Wolfed" will be the first film?
MJ - As of right now, our schedule says that "Wolfed" will be the first movie. It's going to be fun. I want it to be really scary. Rick Baker wants to do all the visual effects. He's won seven Oscars. Rick is very enthusiastic, too - he was the one who did "An American Werewolf in London." He won an Oscar and said, "Michael, this was nothing. That's nothing compared to what you can do today." He did "Thriller" and he said, "That's nothing." You can go way beyond that. He did all the Eddie Murphy movies, "Clumps and Nutty profesor" and even "Men in Black." He did all of that.
GG - So tell me how would you like to be remembered?
MJ - How would I like to be remembered? As a person who came and brought light to the world, some moment of escape from reality. Also as a spokesperson for the children who are voiceless, because I love them. I live for the children. If it weren't for the children, I'd want to throw in the towel. A child is something wonderful. They're little geniuses, you know, little geniuses. They really are.
GG - Do you like being a father?
MJ - That's my favorite thing. I love it. I love it. I love it.
GG - The other day I saw you pick up your daughter while she was sleeping, as soon as you picked her up, I saw the joy on your face.
MJ - Oh, I love them. The Jacksons have a lot of kids. I have a lot of grandchildren. There's a lot of them !
GG - What is your relationship with your brothers and sisters?
MJ - I love my brothers and sisters. When I'm with them we laugh. It's like a different version of yourself. We can just laugh and laugh, or talk about old times. We're not together as much as we'd like to be. We're all busy. We're all in show business. We're always doing something. If I'm in town, Janet for example is not there. If we're both here, my brother's somewhere else. Everybody has something to do, you know.
GG - Are you a family man? What do you like to do with your family ?
MJ - My family? My kids ? We love to sit together talking in the open air. We sit by the lake. We take a walk every day at home. We sit by the lake and throw rocks in the water and talk.
GG - What do you think is the form of the deepest love that someone can feel? And have you felt it?
MJ - Wow, I think it's really a matter of opinion. Have I felt the deepest form of love? I don't know what the deepest would be? (long pause) And interesting question.... (repeats question a couple of times). I love my children very, very much and I always look in their eyes and tell them that I think. And I think that's the most important thing.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 dicembre 2021, 6:24

#MichaelJackson & 3T at Huis Ten Bosch. Japan, December 1992
" My brothers and I had visited my uncle Michael in Japan. We were all invited to visit Huis Ten Bosch Park. I won't go into too much detail because most of these memories are very special to me and I keep them in my heart. However, what I can tell you is that the four of us never laughed so much... we were fooling around and joking. For years we talked about that trip. In fact, whenever my uncle needed cheering up, all we had to do was mention Huis Ten Bosch and he would laugh again. That is one of the things I miss most about my uncle. Making him laugh or smile. He had a great laugh. A laugh that made you want to laugh. That trip was pure magic and I will never forget it. " #TajJackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 dicembre 2021, 14:10

December 22, 1993. #MichaelJackson took to
the airwaves in his own defense. It's the first time he gives a personal statement on TV. CNN, CBS, NBC and ABC all carried his statement broadcast live from his Neverland Valley Ranch.
Michael Jackson made an official video statement from his Neverland Ranch regarding the allegations, in which he stressed his innocence and described the ‘dehumanizing and humiliating examination’ by the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department and the Los Angeles Police Department that he underwent a few days before.
Michael stated : "I have been forced to submit to a dehumanising and humiliating examination by the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department and the Los Angeles Police Department earlier this week. They served a search warrant on me which allowed them to view and photograph my body, including my penis, my buttocks, my lower torso, thighs and any other areas that they wanted... The warrant also directed me to co-operate in any examination of my body by their physician to determine the condition of my skin, including whether I have Vitiligo or any skin disorder [Michael already talked about Vitiligo with Oprah. His skin disorder was officially confirmed now]. Throughout my life, I have only tried to help thousands upon thousands of children to live happy lives. It brings tears to my eyes when I see any child who suffers... Don't treat me like a criminal, because I am innocent!"

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 dicembre 2021, 8:58

December 25th, 2006. James Brown died at approximately 1:45 am EST at age 73, from congestive heart failure, resulting from complications of pneumonia. Charles Bobbit was at his bedside.
After Brown's death, his relatives, a host of celebrities, and thousands of fans gathered, on December 28, 2006, for a public memorial service at the Apollo Theater in New York City and, on December 30, 2006, at the James Brown Arena in Augusta, Georgia. A separate, private ceremony was held in North Augusta, South Carolina, on December 29, 2006, with Brown's family in attendance. Celebrities at these various memorial events included Michael Jackson, Jimmy Cliff, Joe Frazier, Buddy Guy, Ice Cube, Ludacris, Dr. Dre, Little Richard, Dick Gregory, MC Hammer, Prince, Jesse Jackson, Ice-T, Jerry Lee Lewis, Bootsy Collins, LL Cool J, Lil Wayne, Lenny Kravitz, 50 Cent, Stevie Wonder.
On December 30, 2006, #MichaelJackson spoke from the podium flanked by close friends, including the Reverend Jesse Jackson,
the Reverend Al Sharpton, and the family of singer James Brown during his funeral service at James Brown Stadium in Augusta, Georgia. Jackson spoke briefly in Augusta: "James Brown is my greatest inspiration ... When I saw him move, I was mesmerized."
Rest In Peace #JamesBrown

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 30 dicembre 2021, 7:41

#MichaelJackson boards the “Orient Express” train in 1992.
In august 29th 1992, Michael had just celebrated his birthday in the Gloria von Thurn und Taxis’ castle, princess of Regensburg, Germany. On august 30th, he gave a concert in Ludwigshafen, and to get to his next destination and continue his Dangerous Tour in Switzerland,
he traveled in the ‘Orient Express’

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 gennaio 2022, 8:30

ON THIS DAY IN MICHAEL JACKSON HISTORY-JANUARY 10 1989-The release of Moonwalker was originally scheduled to coincide with Michael's 1987 album, Bad. During the theatrical release of Moonwalker, Michael was also embarking on the Bad World Tour, his first tour as a solo performer. The film was released theatrically in Europe and South America, but Warner Bros. canceled plans for a Christmas 1988 theatrical release in the United States. Moonwalker was instead released on home video in the United States and Canada on January 10, 1989, just as the Bad World Tour finished. (His tour was supposed to finish sooner, but had been postponed due to some vocal strain, so it went on until the last week of January 1989.) The video had sold more than 800,000 copies in the United States by April 17, 1989.Moonwalker is a 1988 American experimental anthology musical film starring Michael Jackson. Rather than featuring one continuous narrative, the film expresses the influence of fandom and innocence through a collection of short films about Michael Jackson, several of which are long-form music videos from Michael's Bad album.The film is named after the dance technique known as the moonwalk, which Michael known for performing.Moonwalker was released on VHS, and remained #1 on Billboard's Video Chart for 22 weeks.The Video Software Dealer's Association awarded Michael with an award for Moonwalker in 1989.
In 1989, Moonwalker was honoured with a certification of 800,000 copies sold by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).Moonwalker has been certified 9 x Platinum in the United Kingdom.The "Leave Me Alone" video aired as a separate entity and won a Grammy in 1990 for Best Music Video, Short Form, which is the only Grammy Award Michael received for the album Bad. "Leave Me Alone" video also won the Cannes Gold Lion Award for Best Special Effects.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 12 gennaio 2022, 10:49

January 11th, 2008. #MichaelJackson and Fuzzy, Will.I.Am, Big Boy at Palms Studio, Las Vegas. Michael gave radio presenters Big Boy & Fuzzy a sneak peek of 'Thriller 25th' at the Las Vegas recording studio
Under Howard Hughes-like secrecy, Michael Jackson was adding final touches on his first album since 2001 early this year while staying at the Palms.
Michael Jackson lived in the hotel from Thanksgiving through February while working on an album with Will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas and rapper Akon.
They had been collaborating on it for more than two years, much of it in the Palms recording studio.
Palms owner George Maloof, after checking with his studio director Zoe Thrall, said it appears that February was the last time Michael Jackson, Will.i.am and Akon were in the studio.
Michael Jackson was hoping to complete the album to mark the 25th anniversary of "Thriller," the biggest-selling album of all time.
When Michael Jackson called out of the blue needing a place to stay with his kids last November, Maloof gave him the only suite available, the Hugh Hefner sky villa. Security was placed at the door 24-7, and no one was told who was in the suite.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 gennaio 2022, 11:40

January 12, 2008. Twice in a week, #MichaelJackson
took his three children out to see the sights in Las Vegas. Michael
and his 3 children attended the "Tournament of Kings" at the Excalibur Hotel & Casino which is a famous show. The show has invading armies, dancing maids, fireworks, and a delicious dinner. Michael met the artists and took pictures with them. They attended the Tournament of Kings at Excalibur on Saturday and took an after-hours tour of Madame Tussauds Las Vegas the previous Monday. Michael Jackson has been stayed out atop the Palms in a suite with his children for almost two months.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 gennaio 2022, 11:41

January 13, 2006. #MichaelJackson was invited to the wedding celebration by the Al Gosaibi family in Bahrain and surprised everyone by showing up at the wedding.
Michael attended the traditional Arab wedding from the sidelines after politely refusing to sit near the stage where the bride and groom were sitting and performing or musicians.
Guests were asked not to photograph Michael. His appearances at various public gatherings are increasing "how he feels closer to the people who graciously welcomed him".
Only the Lebanese superstar Ragheb Alama, who was one of the main singers of the ceremony, had his photo with Michael Jackson here in pictures.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 16 gennaio 2022, 20:29

January 16, 2003. #MichaelJackson,
Prince and Paris had dinner with the Malnik family in Miami, Florida.
In 2000, Michael Jackson befriended Alvin Malnik. Michael Jackson
was interested in meeting Malnik, because he wanted to request a tour of Malnik’s house in Palm Beach. When Jackson was in Los
Angeles, he asked Brett Ratner to call Alvin. At first, Alvin was not
interested in meeting Michael Jackson at all.
As soon as Alvin told his wife about it, the plans changed. Alvin
invited Jackson to the house & since then they stayed in contact.
Between 2000 and 2002, the three of them spent much time
together. They travelled a lot and always had a lot of fun.
Alvin Malnik has triplets-Spencer, Jarod & Nathan. When the
friendship between Jackson and Alvin grew stronger, Jackson
started to spend time with Alvin’s children as well. Alvin remembers
that Michael Jackson and Jarod & Nathan firstly met each other
when Michael Jackson’s youngest son was one year old, so in 2003.
Nathan & Jarod were 5 years old, when Michael Jackson started to
spend time with them. Michael Jackson & Malnik’s kids went down
to Acapulco and other family vacation spots.
Alvin Malnik remembers that Michael Jackson has spent a lot of
time with his children. He recalls that his children loved the
Neverland Ranch, especially the zoo and the train.
Michael Jackson stayed at the Malnik’s house always for quite a bit.
Alvin was impressed that Michael Jackson cleaned up his own room
and made his own bed. He called Michael Jackson an amazing
houseguest. Jackson sometimes visited the family along with Prince
and Paris and sometimes on his own. Of course, the family was also
invited to Neverland a lot of times.
Michael Jackson even surprised the triplets on one of their birthday
parties. All guests thought it was an impersonator at first. Alvin
recalls that Prince & Paris were always very happy to see the family,
because they were able to go out with Nancy Malnik. Moreover,
Michael Jackson was able to relax, since the Malnik family lived
basically at the beach.
When Michael Jackson’s youngest son was one year old,
Michael Jackson asked Alvin to become the boy’s godfather.
Alvin claims that Michael Jackson even recorded songs at his house.
However, Alvin also recalled hard times with Michael Jackson:
He often helped out Michael Jackson financially.
During 2003 and 2004, Michael Jackson has spent countless days &
nights at Alvin’s house. Malnik’s children were invited to Neverland
very often. Two of them were boys who were 5-6 years old. This of
course could have been completely innocent, but Nathan & Jarod
should be named as boys who were close to Michael Jackson since
they have spent months together with Michael Jackson over a two-
year-period.
As soon as the untimely and sudden death of superstar Michael Jackson hit the airwaves, the rumors began flying. From the highly suspicious to the utterly ludicrous, falsehoods spread through the media like wildfire. Michael Jackson—a superstar with unmatched talent and charisma, a national treasure under a glaring global spotlight from the time he was 10 years old—was an incredibly private person. And though millions revered the man behind the pop-king mask, few really knew him. Al Malnik, the famous and legendary lawyer, businessman, and restaurateur whom Haute Living referred to as a “Living Legend” during our cover profile in the January/February 2007 Miami edition, was one of the few people whom Michael trusted wholeheartedly. In fact, Malnik is the godfather of Michael’s youngest son, Blanket, a piece of reality that got twisted and misconstrued in the weeks following his death. The rumor mill warped the truth so much that it was claimed that Malnik was actually the biological father of Blanket—a completely fabricated falsehood. Malnik appeared on The Today Show to answer the claims, which he called a “Ripley event,” considering he didn’t meet Blanket until he was one year old. Speaking out for only the second time since Michael’s passing, Al Malnik shares his personal history with Michael Jackson with Haute Living in hopes of setting the record straight about the private life of this public figure.
I first met Michael about nine years ago. I was told that he had heard about me and was interested in meeting, and in particular wanted to request a tour of my house in Palm Beach. Michael was an architecture buff, and he had admired the property from afar. He was in L.A. at the time, and expressed interest in discussing several different business ideas and plans. He finally asked [director] Brett Ratner, whom I refer to as my 11th son, to call me and ask to meet with him. I initially said no because I was not a fan, so I really didn’t see the point in inviting him to come over and entertain him. When I told my wife Nancy about it, she raised holy hell! She said, “Are you kidding? Michael Jackson! I grew up with him! His posters were on my wall! You have to let him come over, I want to meet him.” So to please her, I invited him to the house, and from that first meeting we all developed a beautiful friendship. Throughout the past decade or so, Michael would come and stay at the house quite a bit, sometimes with the children, and sometimes alone. It was an extraordinary time. Michael was an amazing houseguest because he really didn’t require any attention. He liked to clean his own room and make his own bed, and he taught his kids to do that, too, much to our amazement. Michael soon became close friends with my son Shareef, along with Brett Ratner and Chris Tucker. The four of them spent a great deal of time together at our house, always having a ball, filled with a lot of laughs. I also have triplets that are around the same age as Michael’s two older children, Prince and Paris, who are 12 and 11 now. We would travel often with Michael and the family, going down to Acapulco or other family vacation spots. We also have fond memories of our times out at Neverland Ranch. The most important bungalow there is called the Elizabeth Taylor suite, which is where we stayed. The first night, he had Elizabeth Taylor herself call me, welcoming me to her suite at Neverland Ranch! The kids, of course, loved Neverland; they went around with Michael’s children and saw the zoo and rode the train. It was such a magical time. One year, at a birthday party that Nancy was having for the triplets, Michael came to the theater and surprised not only us, but the birthday guests as well. Everyone thought it was a Michael Jackson impersonator. They couldn’t believe it was really him! Come to think of it, some of the people may still think it was a lookalike. All of our children spent a lot of time together, and Michael’s children especially enjoyed it. When they were with us, they were able to go out with Nancy and I and our family and not be haggled. They didn’t have to wear their veils because no one knew who they were. When they spent time with us they got to experience normal situations that were lacking in their daily lives, like visiting St. Andrew’s school or going to the movies. When they were with my family, they literally were able to take off the masks and no one bothered them. Michael was able to do the same. We worked to create everyday experiences for him, like going shopping. One time we rented out a Publix supermarket so that he could do what ordinary people do on a regular basis.
Michael was able to relax when he was with us and let his guard down. We live on the beach, and he and I would go down to the water together after the sun went down where he was just an ordinary guy, kicking his feet in the surf. When it comes to my history with Blanket, Michael asked me to be Blanket’s godfather when the boy was a year old. My relationship with Blanket is limited, because he was just a baby at the time, and I did not really participate in his upbringing. But I think that in the event something happened, Michael really wanted me to be a sort of safety net. He wanted to know that I would be willing to raise Blanket as though he were one of my own children, and that’s what the legal document says. I haven’t spoken with the family since Michael’s passing. I am not used to being in the media spotlight so when the stories came out, I was shocked. I know if I go to the funeral, the press will besiege me again. So instead, our family will just pray for Michael, and wish him bon voyage from this Earth. Our family loved Mi-chael very much, and we will always be respectful, and always extend our hand of friendship to any of his children, should they ever need our help. Michael had such an amazing energy and such talent. He was always composing new songs and singing them a cappella. One day, he was walking around the house in his pajamas, singing some new pieces that he was working on. He was walking up one set of stairs, and then down another. I asked him, “What are you doing?” He said, “I’m doing two songs at once! I am walking up this set doing one song, and when I walk down the other, I do the other song.” He could write a song in five minutes, it was unbelievable. I know he did end up recording some of these new songs. He planned on making his comeback by doing an outrageous concert tour, starting in Europe and ending in the United States. At the same time, he wanted to simultaneously publish some of the new albums that he had been working on while he was staying at our house—all new, never-been-heard stuff. He was so excited to do this tour, so prepared for it. One of our friends who had seen his rehearsal one or two nights before his death, called me and said, “You ought to come out and see Michael before he does his concert. He is unbelievable. It’s like you have never seen him before.” I did have the opportunity to see him perform before, at our house. While visiting, he asked if we could get him a portable dance floor, so of course we did. When I saw him move around on that floor, I was wowed. I had never seen anything like it. I knew he was unbelievable, and it’s nice to know that five years later, he was equally impressive. It was great fun in those days, but we also shared some hard times. I helped Michael out financially in a lot of different areas when he needed it. At that time, we managed to resolve all of his financial problems. After that period, which was after I had paid for his bail when he was arrested, I felt it was not in our best family interest to spend all of the time that was required to get Michael on the right track again, because at that point he had capable people around him. And, of course, geography was a big problem because Michael’s business interests are essentially in California or out of New York or Europe. I really just didn’t have the time to continue to devote myself to trying to resolve the many considerations that were in his life. The last time I saw Michael was right before his trial, although we spoke many times after that. He was a bit meaner at that time; he was so furious and so disappointed at the charges being hurled at him. He swore to me that he was absolutely innocent of each and every charge that was made against him. And that’s the way it turned out. I think the legacy of Michael Jackson will endure for many years to come. Ultimately, the negativity surrounding him in the press will dissipate. He will be more acknowledged and respected for the musical genius that he demonstrated, and that legacy will survive our decade and the ones to come. Our children will rediscover Michael Jackson again many years from now, and be amazed that he created the music that he did, the style of dancing that he did, and more importantly, the wonderful charisma that he generated.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 19 gennaio 2022, 7:39

JANUARY 19 1980"Rock with You" went to Number 1 in the U.S.A. It was written by Rod Temperton and produced by Quincy Jones. It was first offered to Karen Carpenter, while she was working on her first solo album, but she turned it down.It was released on November 3, 1979, by Epic Records as the second single from Michael's fifth solo studio album Off the Wall (1979). It was also the third number-one hit of the 1980s,a decade in which the pop singles chart would quickly be dominated by Michael.It reached number one on both the US pop ( Michael's third number-one on this chart) and R&B charts ( Michael's second number one on that chart). It spent a total of four weeks at the top position on the former chart from January 19 to February 9, 1980, and six weeks (from January 5 to February 9, 1980) on the latter chart. According to Billboard, the song was the fourth biggest single of 1980. It is also considered one of the last hits of the disco era.
It was re-released as a single on February 27, 2006, as part of the Visionary: The Video Singles box set. In 2021, Rolling Stone placed it at number 354 on its list of The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time·
A music video was released for the song, using the shorter single version. It features Michael in a sparkly sequined suit singing the song with a bright laser behind him. The video was directed by Bruce Gowers and filmed in 1979 at the 800 Stage in Los Angeles, California.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 gennaio 2022, 9:30

January 18th, 1998. #MichaelJackson won his fourth consecutive case with Albano Carrisi for the song "Will You Be There" for copyright infringement. Albany was ordered by the court to pay all legal fees after the court dismissed his claims against Michael Jackson and after the court refuted his claims that Michael Jackson had copied his song ' Cigni de Balaika'. Albano brought several cases against Michael, but was unable to win any.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 27 gennaio 2022, 7:22

January 26, 1999. #MichaelJackson was aboard the flight from South Africa to Los Angeles. When the plane landed at Miami International Airport, Florida. Michael took the opportunity to get off and arrive at Cedars Medical Center Hospital in Miami to treat a fractured right wrist. He took X-rays at Cedars Medical Center and was released from the hospital about some hours after his arrival.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 28 gennaio 2022, 7:47

January 27th, 1989. #MichaelJackson performed his
123rd and last concert for the #BadWorldTour. Michael ended his
final tour with five nights this month at the Los Angeles Memorial
Sports Arena. Many stars attended the last concert with MJ's family, Berry Gordy to whom Michael paid tribute.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 28 gennaio 2022, 7:54

January 27, 1984. #MichaelJackson's hair caught fire while shooting a Pepsi commercial at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, in front of an audience of 3,000, assembled to create the concert environment, Michael was dancing to his hit “Billie Jean.”
During the sixth take for the commercial, he apparently veered too close to a pyrotechnics display, which had gone off a bit too early. He was set ablaze by the fireworks, suffering second-degree burns to his scalp and losing some of his hair. His jacket also caught on fire.
·
Michael Jackson’s brothers quickly helped to extinguish the flames and Michael seen by his fans with his scalp glowing and smoke billowing from his head.
Following the incident, Michael Jackson, his head bandaged and seen smiling even as he was in pain, was rushed to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. There he was treated and declared out of mortal danger, but the singer was then transferred by ambulance to Brotman Memorial Hospital Burn Center in Culver City, California.
It was later determined that the pomade Michael Jackson used in his hair was the culprit, catching fire when he neared the fireworks. Still, regardless of the cause, Jackson underwent treatment to hide the scars and had his third nose job shortly thereafter.
It was later reported that the pain Michael Jackson suffered on his scalp from the burns was prolonged and led to his prescription pill addiction. His hair never grew back properly either.
There would, of course, also be legal action. Pepsi settled out of court with Michael Jackson and donated the $1.5 million payment to the Brotman Medical Center. The Michael Jackson Burn Center was subsequently named in his honor.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 29 gennaio 2022, 7:50

January 28, 1973. #MichaelJackson won Best Original Song for "Ben" at the 30th Golden Globe Awards. Michael Jackson made one visit to the International Ballroom of the Beverly Hilton,
in 1973. He arrived with his parents, Joe and Katherine, and took the stage to sing "Ben", nominated for Best Song, Motion Picture, for the movie of the same title. Minutes later, the song - already a hit at the box office - won the Golden Globe.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 6 febbraio 2022, 8:02

February 5th, 2005. #MichaelJackson was interviewed by Fox News journalist Geraldo Rivera during the trial.
In an interview with Fox News journalist Geraldo Rivera, Michael Jackson gave a rare and candid insight into a chaotic and complex life. The singer’s fame reverberated all around the world, with his hits dominating the music industry even today. Asked how he managed to survive under such intense scrutiny from the public and the press, and how he kept some semblance of a normal life, Michael Jackson’s answer was simple, but heartbreaking.
“I don’t, I don’t go off-property,” he said. “I make my world behind the gates.
“I can’t go to the local movie theatre or the park down the street or go pick up ice cream at the market, at the corner store.
“So you wanna create that world behind the gates, so that’s what I try and do.
“It’s not just me, if I can share with my family, or friends or whoever I do.”
“The need for some privacy drives all these crazy rumours and speculation,” Rivera offered. “So it’s a difficult balancing act you have to endure.”
“Yes it’s part of what comes with celebrity,” Jackson agreed.
Discussing who had supported him through his career and who his best friends were, again, family took precedent.
“My children, my family, my brothers, my sisters, yeah most people have, most people have,” the performer noted, before sharing some memories of iconic actress Elizabeth Taylor.
“She’s very loyal, I see Elizabeth all the time,” Jackson went on. “She’s my dear friend, I was just at her house. We have wonderful talks at night, several times a week sometimes. I’ve known Elizabeth closely since I was 16.”
Michael Jackson also talked about his close relationships with his family, in particular his brothers.
The interviewer teased the star about his often rocky dynamic with Randy Jackson, to which Jackson laughed it off.
“The way you and Randy react [to each other] I love watching it. Who’s top dog?” Rivera pressed, as Jackson gave the award to his brother.
Asked if “blood was thicker than water”, the singer assured he trusted his family.
“Blood’s everything to us” Jackson insisted. “It’s what we were taught, value, we’re friends at the end of the day, which is important, despite what the public and press say, we’re friends.”
The Bad hitmaker claimed the tablod stories were simply "sensationalism,” and seemed to let the news roll off him like water.
“It’s not true, it’s like looking at a fictitious movie, because it’s fiction,” Jackson continued. “It’s like watching science fiction it’s not true.
"And I know myself. And it’s sad when other people have to read those things and they believe it...I know eventually the truth will prevail, and I’m about truth you know?"
“Does it affect me? Yes but you know I’m very strong," Jackson went on. "I’ve got rhinoceros skin. But at the same time I’m human, so anything can hurt like that, but I’m very strong.
“And I just don’t like people hearing about such false information.
“The bigger the star the bigger the target, I’m not saying I’m a super duper star I’m not saying that.
“People come at celebrities, we’re targets. Truth always prevails, and I believe in that, I believe in God,” the star added.
Source : ROXANNE HUGHES for EXPRESS.CO.UK

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 8 febbraio 2022, 8:09

February 7, 1984. #MichaelJackson made history with 'Thriller' being recognized as the world's best-selling album by the Guinness Book of World Records. CBS Records and The Book of World Records organized a big party at the New York Museum of Natural History, to celebrate the success of the album "Thriller".
Inside the museum, Michael Jackson also received a letter from U.S. President Ronald Reagan, read by Thomas Wyman, in which the president wrote... "You have gained a great many fans along the way, and Nancy and I are among them.... Sizmo happy for you.
Warm regards. Ronald Reagan".
At the party, CBS Records president Walter Yetnikoff, presented Michael with the first paper edition of the 1984 Guinness Book of World Records. They had stopped printing copies to include Michael Jackson's name in the book.
Allen Devis, president of CBS Records International, read Michael's long and impressive list of awards and digital records. Michael took the microphone and stated..."I played for twenty years... I started touring with my brothers when I was five and I feel like I'm just starting... I've always wanted to do great things and achieve a lot, but for the first time in my entire career, I feel like I've done it, because I'm in the Guinness Book of World Prizes... I am so honored and deeply touched by this and thank you all... Thank you to CBS Records, which is the best record label in the world. And Walter Yetnikoff, who is the best record house president in the world...thank you to everybody. You are all wonderful people. I'm very beat, but thank you."
As Michael dropped the microphone, Yetnikoff picked it up and said with a smile, "We have a little surprise... I don't know if I'm the best record company president in the world, but Michael is certainly the best artist in the world... Michael just won the title of best solo artist of all time... Reading the Guinness Book of Primates... "Best-selling album of all time and "Saturday Night Fever" with 25 million copies sold worldwide"... I have news for you... Today we passed the 25 million, so many copies sold with "Thriller"... Michael Jackson - number one artist in the world! " Yelled Walter Yetnikoff !
Not only Michael Jackson immortalized his reign as the best-selling artist of all time with Thriller's induction into the Guinness Book of World Records, but he also scored the distinction of Most Successful Entertainer of All Time.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 9 febbraio 2022, 13:14

February 9th, 2002. #MichaelJackson and Elizabeth Taylor attended the 1st annual “Art For Aids” benefit, the fund-raiser ‘Art For Aids’ A Tribute To Rock Hudson at the Laguna Art Museum in Laguna Beach .
It was the first time Painter Leon met Michael Jackson...“Mr. Jackson.. Ms. Taylor.. would you please autograph my painting?”
When Michael turned towards the crowd after helping Elizabeth Taylor out of the limousine, Leon, who had managed to get out in front of everyone else, called out to them. Michael glanced over and with a huge smile on his face, pointed out the painting to Elizabeth. Michael motioned for the painting to be brought over to them, Elizabeth graciously stated that it would be an honor to autograph it. Signed with a silver paint pen, each autograph measures about 12 inches long.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 11 febbraio 2022, 11:44

February 11, 1992. #MichaelJackson arrived at Leon-Mba airport in Libreville, Gabon. He was greeted by thousands of fans (some say 100,000 people), waving from his car with the sunroof.
During his stay in Libreville, Michael occupied the suite of Salmons,
on the eighth floor of the Palais Okoume (now called the Palais Bleu Okoume).
Michael's visited to Libreville, as often during the star's travels, was scanned by visits to children's hospitals, including that day at Owendo Hospital. Before the official meetings...Michael wanted to meet the Bambi people who are his.
At the Okoume Palace...for him, a snack with a thousand children was organized. And in the village hall, Michael, the idol discovered the local febre and the dances of the ethnic group.
Michael also visited the Wonga Wongue Presidential Reserve south
of Libreville. In the savannah that stretches along the coast between Libreville and Port-Gentil, 500 hectares of this natural and protected area is home to exceptional biodiversity. Michael Jackson left with a young chimpanzee that the President of Gabon is said to have given him.
Michael, gratifying each other with an irresistible smile...Marriage with Africa that has been rediscovered just unified. Never since the arrival of Nelson Mandela, has a guest gathered such a crowd or aroused such fervor. The visit is organized as that of a head of state.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 15 febbraio 2022, 14:10

February 15, 1992. #MichaelJackson flew to Yamoussoukro, the administrative and political capital of Ivory Coast, located 150 miles from Abidjan. At the airport Michael was welcomed by the Minister Adama Coulibaly.
Soon after his arrival, Michael Jackson visited the Basilica of Our Lady of Peace, one of the largest Catholic religious buildings in the world. And also one of the most beautiful.
On the roof of the Basilica, where he was accompanied by the clergyman Alexander, Michael exhibited some dance steps and posed for some pictures.
Later, around 15.30 pm, Michael went to the Felix-Houphovet-Boigny Foundation for the search for peace. Then visited Lake Caiman, which borders the presidential palace in Yamoussoukro.
In the late afternoon, Michael Jackson was welcomed by the mayor of the commune of Yamoussoukro, where from a window on top of the public health building, waved to the people who gathered to see him.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 18 febbraio 2022, 8:18

On Friday June 14, 2002. #MichaelJackson, Uri Geller and magician David Blaine met Britain’s top legal official and attended a birthday party of Paul Boateng the country’s first black cabinet minister.
They then made a tour of the Houses of Parliament.
Michael Jackson met the Lord Chancellor, Lord Irvine, and attended a birthday party for Paul Boateng, recently appointed chief secretary to the Treasury in a Cabinet reshuffle.
He was also shown the debating chambers of the House of Commons and the upper, unelected House of Lords as well as the historic Westminster Hall, where the body of Queen Mother Elizabeth lay in state after her death earlier this year.
Parliament was not sitting Friday, so there were few lawmakers around. But as news of the singer’s arrival filtered through to staff, a handful gathered to wait for his arrival.
Later, Michael Jackson was to travel by train to the southwestern English city of Exeter, where he was to be made an honorary director of Exeter City Football Club.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 febbraio 2022, 8:15

February 19, 1994. The Jackson Family Honors party
took place at the MGM Hotel in Las Vegas, with performances by
The Jacksons (including Michael), Celine Dion and Smokey Robinson. Michael attended the gala with Lisa Marie.
The Los Angeles Times reported..." Instead of performing a solo number--as did sister Janet Jackson, who received a standing ovation early in the evening--Michael Jackson only agreed to present awards to close friend Elizabeth Taylor and Motown Records founder Berry Gordy.
His only scheduled musical contribution to the show was joining the family in a finale written for the event, which is to be broadcast Tuesday by NBC-TV.
Because the 35-year-old singer’s photo had been featured prominently in ads for the reunion show, many in the near-capacity crowd at the 13,000-seat MGM Grand Garden arena had hoped for more music from him.
“I’ve always loved his music, and I wanted to show him we still care about him,” said Maria Lopez, 26, after buying a $100 ticket Saturday afternoon.
During the playing of one of his videos to open the 8 p.m. show, the crowd shrieked in approval. The video showed Jackson performing the tune “Leave Me Alone,” which was meant to mock his treatment by the tabloid press.
Backstage before presenting his first award, Michael Jackson expressed gratitude for his fans’ loyalty....“Some friends are like shadows, you only see them when the sun shines,” he said. “But my fans sustained me even in the dark days. I owe them everything.”

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 febbraio 2022, 7:28

February 20th, 1990. #MichaelJackson received from
CBS Records all the honors as "The Artist Of The Decade". He was
the biggest selling artist of the 80's with 110 million copies sold !

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 febbraio 2022, 7:40

ON THIS DAY IN MICHAEL JACKSON HISTORY FEBRUARY 22 1992- Michael visited comedian Benny Hill at the Royal Brompton Hospital in London.. He brings flowers and spends 35 minutes at Benny Hill's bedside. Michael is said to also have asked Hill if he wanted to appear in a video with him, to which the comic replies, "Of course, why not?" Michael confesses to Hill that he watches his shows every day and that he has hundreds of his videos. Benny Hill's best friend, TV producer Dennis Kirkland, reveals, "Michael had invited Benny to stay with him next time he is in L.A. The 67-year-old comic has been convalescing from a heart attack, but refused to undergo a heart bypass and passes away three months later from coronary thrombosis.
Michael Jackson was a big Benny Hill fan. "I just love your Benny Hill (impression)!" the young Michael Jackson told a bemused English music-press critic during a 1970’s tour. "He's so funny!". In a ‘New Musical Express’ 1981 interview with The Jacksons, the entertainer reveals that Benny Hill makes him laugh: “Uh! Are you kidding? Every day! I love Benny Hill. I like him better than Monty Python".

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 23 febbraio 2022, 8:13

February 23, 1995. The National Association of Recording Marchandisers honored #MichaelJackson with the Harry Chapin Memorial Humanitarian Award, ". Michael Jackson was only the fifth-ever recipient. Scott Young, the president of the association hosting the award, recognized Michael as an impactful philanthropist saying “From causes like ‘We are the World’ to TJ Martell and AIDS awareness, your participation virtually guarantees success for projects which will help relieve hunger, eradicate disease, and improve the environment, as well as celebrate the diversity of life on our planet.”. The Harry Chapin Memorial Humanitarian Award was created in 1981 to honor the legacy of Folk-Rock singer-songwriter Harry Chapin, who fought tirelessly to end world hunger and received the Congressional Gold Medal in 1987 for his philanthropic work. He played a major part in the creation of the Presidential Commission on World Hunger in 1977 and co-founded the charitable organization World Hunger Year, which received the proceeds from merchandise at his concerts.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 febbraio 2022, 7:40

February 25th, 2002. #MichaelJackson launched a new venture called Neverland Entertainment, headed by Michael and film producer Raju Sharad Patel, the signing of an agreement in principal with Mark Damon's MDP Worldwide Entertainment Inc. to enter into an investment and partnership for all of MDP's film production. With the investissement by Neverland Entertainment, MDP will operate a new division called Neverland Pictures.
The mini-studio was the result of a proposed $20 million partnership between Jackson’s Neverland Entertainment and production company MDP Worldwide. The news was made public at a private dinner reception at MDP chief Mark Damon’s home, where nearly 300 guests, consisting mostly of distributors who had shopped projects at AFM earlier that day, eagerly awaited Michael Jackson’s arrival.
The pop icon made a rare appearance at the event, arriving arm-in-arm with longtime friend Elizabeth Taylor. “He called me beforehand and asked if he could bring his friend, his best friend,” Damon told The Hollywood Reporter. “When the distributors saw Michael and Liz Taylor next to him, they all fainted. To this day, some still tell me that it was the greatest experience of their lives.”

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 1 marzo 2022, 11:54

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 5 marzo 2022, 9:05

March 5,2009 Michael announced "This Is It" at a press conference in the O2 Arena, and said it would be his final series of concerts in London. AEG Live, the concert promoters, released a promotional video that used an entire commercial break on ITV, setting an ITV record. Initially, only 10 concerts were announced, but 40 more were added following public demand. Ticket sales broke several records and Michael's album sales increased following the announcement; AEG Live estimated that the first 10 concerts would have earned Michael approximately £50 million.
In preparation for the concert series, Michael had been collaborating with figures including fashion designer Christian Audigier, choreographer Kenny Ortega and bodybuilder Lou Ferrigno. After Michael's death, AEG Live offered either refunds to ticket holders or a special "souvenir" ticket designed by Michael( I have the ticket but have never opened the envelope to see it )😔 The cancelled shows, record-breaking ticket sales and potential for a world tour led to This Is It being described as "the greatest concert[s] that never happened".Columbia Pictures acquired the footage of the rehearsals and released a concert film, Michael Jackson's This Is It, accompanied by a soundtrack album.
Michael Jackson's This Is It is a 2009 American documentary–concert film about Michael Jackson's rehearsals and preparation for the concert series of the same name scheduled to start on July 13, 2009 at The O2 Arena, but cancelled due to his death eighteen days prior on June 25. The film includes additional behind the scenes footage, including dancer auditions and costume design. The film's director, Kenny Ortega, confirmed that none of the footage was originally intended for release, but after Michael's death, it was agreed that the film would be made. The footage was filmed in California at the Staples Center and The Forum.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 6 marzo 2022, 8:54

MARCH 6 2001 MICHAEL GIVES A SPEECH AT OXFORD UNION.
“Tonight I come before you less as an icon of pop … and more as an icon of a generation, a generation that no longer knows what it means to be children,” he told 500 people who packed a hall.
Michael arrived almost three hours late for his speech to the prestigious Oxford Union debating society — delayed, organizers said, by trouble with a broken bone in his foot. He hobbled into the brick Victorian debating chamber on crutches and wearing a white-fringed black tunic, delighting hundreds of fans who’d waited for hours in a cold drizzle.
In his half-hour address to the Union — which has in the past played host to Richard Nixon, Malcolm X, Mother Teresa, and — Michael recalled his childhood as the lead singer of the chart-topping Jackson Five. Breaking into tears as he spoke of his hard-driving father, Michael said that despite his fame he had envied ordinary children for their suburban homes, shag carpeting, and games of Monopoly.
“The cheery 5-year-old who belted out ‘Rockin Robin’ and ‘Ben’ to adoring crowds was not indicative of the boy behind the smile,” Michael said. He said he longed for “a father who showed me love. And my father never did that.”The speech served as a launch for Heal The Kids — a charity founded by Michael, the flamboyant Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, and spoon-bending psychic Uri Geller.
Michael said an increasingly violent and materialistic society had produced a generation of unloved children “growing more distant from their parents, grandparents and other family members.”
Heal The Kids aims to encourage parents to spend more time with their children, and urge children to respect and forgive their parents — as Michael said he had forgiven his own father.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 marzo 2022, 12:21

March 10, 2005. #MichaelJackson hurted himself badly falling in the shower to his home at Neverland Ranch.
He was rushed to the hospital, but at the time his defense attorney, Tom Mesereau called him, saying if he didn't show up in court soon, the judge could revoke his bail, so Michael had no choice to quit the hospital. Michael arrived directly from the hospital, but dressed in pajama pants and a black jacket showing pain on his face.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 marzo 2022, 12:30

March 9, 2001. #MichaelJackson was in Sulden, Italy,
from Friday March 9-11, 2001. Michael Jackson arrived in Sulden,
late in the afternoon. A Mercedes with tinted windows brings him from Innsbruck, where his private jet has landed from London.
He is accompanied by Frank Cascio. His advisors Lee Myong-Ho and Kelly Kathleen arrived shortly before.
Frank says, "As important as Heal The Kids is, we had other business to attend to in Europe. The day before the speech, while we were still in London, I got a phone call from Myong-Ho, Michael's business advisor, who wanted us to meet with a European media mogul, Jürgen Todenhöfer, in the Italian Alps. As Prince and Paris were not on the trip, Michael only wanted to meet them in New York. But this meeting was probably very important, because instead of going home, we found ourselves on a mountain road that never stopped climbing, in a region where spring had a hint of winter and where the villages, more and more isolated, seemed frozen in time.
Michael was staying in a private residence booked by the German Todenhöfer, but his staff had to be accommodated in the hotel. Paul Hanny, the city's representative, who knows everything that goes on there, and Todenhöfer's trusted man, was caught off guard by the artist's arrival. "I was asked at the last moment to reserve a dozen individual rooms in the best places in town," Hanny told the "Dolomiten" (local newspaper). All of Sulden's rooms were mostly already booked, but "it's my job to do the craziest stuff," says Hanny .
As soon as he arrives in the Italian mountains, Michael is faced with a problem: his foot, in a cast, is in great pain and the only doctor in the village has to be called.
Dr. Raffaella Ortler Stocker explains, "I didn't expect this type of patient." On Friday, the doctor, who has her practice in the village, receives a call for a medical examination. "I knew there was a famous guest, but I didn't think it was Michael Jackson, a singer I like a lot. It was a very quick exam. The artist had a broken ankle and was in a cast; he was in a lot of pain, probably caused by the stress, the fatigue of the flight and the car journey from Innsbruck. I prescribed him some pills to ease the pain. I exchanged a few words with him, with the little English I had learned at school. He was a normal patient for me, but honestly, I must say that I was very happy, because in front of me I had a great artist who addressed me nicely. He was shy, he seemed fragile and he was concerned about everything. He wanted to know if there were any skiing accidents, and if any children had also been injured while skiing. He was afraid of catching a cold from the cold. He seemed very lonely to me.
Michael rested for a while and then went down to dinner that night with his hosts.
"When it was time for dinner, we changed. I changed into a black suit and Michael chose an apple green shirt, black pants and a black sports jacket. And sunglasses, which he eventually removed.
The dinner was long and convivial, and Michael was in rare form. Usually very shy, he discussed all sorts of subjects with the guests sitting at the big table. We talked about meditation, soccer and music. In the middle of the meal, a family of local artists came to treat us to traditional folk music from their village. They seemed to come straight out of a fairy tale, like characters from the Brothers Grimm's gingerbread house," says Frank Cascio.
This group of local artists is in fact the group La Zag, surprised themselves by the presence of Michael. The band members remember: "On March 9, 2001, we were invited to Solda (a well-known ski and climbing resort in South Tyrol) to play at the table of a mysterious host. His identity was not revealed to us. So imagine our surprise when we learned that it was the "King of Pop", Michael Jackson himself, and that we were to play for him! He was in Solda for a business meeting. He liked our music so much that he interrupted his dinner and started swinging on his chair! At the end, he shook our hands and said, "Nice music!"
Michael enjoys the local specialties and tastes the "Stilfser Almkäse" (a local cheese) and the "Schüttelbrot" (a special crusty bread).
He returns to his room early while his staff goes dancing at Sulden's only discotheque "Apres-Club".
Michael should have left Sulden on Saturday afternoon. But he appreciates the quietness of the village and decides to extend his stay by one day. "It's nice here, I want to see the village" he says. So the flight was cancelled.
After dealing with some business in the morning, Michael decides at the end of the day to walk around Sulden and see the typical places. He is fascinated by the mountains, the cable car that goes up to Milan and the artificial ice wall built in the village. Nobody noticed him. Michael seemed to be happy because he had managed to isolate himself.
In the evening, Paul Hanny tried to convince him to have dinner in a local restaurant and assure him of his peace of mind. Michael accepted and at 7:30 pm Michael and his friends met for dinner at the Parkhotel "Hartmanns Weinstube". The other guests present did not move when the artist got up to go to the bathroom. They recognize him, but nobody is allowed to disturb him.
Michael spends his Sunday morning in business meetings. After lunch, he heads back to Innsbruck. "He wanted me to drive the car," recalls Paul Hanny, "and I was happy to do it. His bodyguards followed behind. At the Innsbruck airport, I got on the steps of Michael's personal plane, with his staff around me. Michael came out and hugged me to thank me. He also gave me a special autograph. I was very moved.

Immagine

Rispondi