On this day

Michael Jackson's news in English. Your updated reference for Michael Jackson's news in English language from all around the world. Rumors, gossip and true facts. And a lot of Michael Jackson's beautiful pictures.
Rispondi
soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

On this day

Messaggio da soulmum » 7 luglio 2020, 14:24

Starting a new thread which will allow us to have a record of what MJ happenings occurred on certain days. Starting with an incredibly sad one.

‎Robyn Starkand‎ to One Rose for Michael J. Jackson

11 years ago today,July 7th 2009
The world cried as we watched
Michael's memorial at Staples Center
Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Re: On this day

Messaggio da soulmum » 7 luglio 2020, 15:28

@MJfanTJ61

#MJFam I remember watching this. He so deserved this night. March 19th 2001 Rock N Roll Hall of Fame.... The 2nd Time
Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 7 luglio 2020, 21:24

Live at Gentofte Stadium, Copenhagen, July 20th, 1992

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 9 luglio 2020, 10:59

May 26th, 2006. Michael Jackson attended
The MTV Japan Awards at Yoyugi Olympic Stadium in Tokyo

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 luglio 2020, 13:25

The Jacksons Live at the Forum, Inglewood CA, September 26th, 1981
( Motown Medley introduction )

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 11 luglio 2020, 9:10

July 10th, 1995. #MichaelJackson attended in support to his friend and basketball legend Magic Johnson the Opening of Magic Johnson Theater in Los Angeles

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 12 luglio 2020, 16:06

July 11th, 1992. #MichaelJackson performed at Mungersdorfer Stadium, Cologne, Germany to an audience of 65,000 fans #DangerousWorldTour (Video mix performances)

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 17 luglio 2020, 17:41

Mourad Mesellaty

#OnThisDay July 16th, 1971. #BillBray ( R.I.P. ) A former police officer is hired by Joe Jackson as bodyguard for the Jackson Five. Throughout the years, Bill Bray became #MichaelJackson's closest friend and considered by Michael as a second father. Bill stayed Michael's personal head of security until 1996. Bill Bray passed away in 2005, just after the trial verdict. Thank you Gail for caring to Bill until his last days. I remember him and always will as a good man and very loyal to Michael. Rest In Peace

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 18 luglio 2020, 8:58

July 18th, 1996. #MichaelJackson arrived in Johannesburg, South Africa, where he attended Nelson Mandela's private 78th birthday party

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 luglio 2020, 9:45

#DangerousWorldTour Live at Gentofte Stadium, Copenhagen, July 20th, 1992

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 luglio 2020, 8:33

July 24, 1998. #MichaelJackson attended a press conference in Japan expressing his wish of founding of a Michael Jackson Japan Co, Ltd on the construction plan for a theme park as he planned to do it with Don Barden in Chicago the same year. Michael stayed in Japan until the 28th, meanwhile his stay, he received the honor from Governor of Chodoin, who presented him with the Honor of 5th Dan karate award "The speed of heel lift is five times faster than a normal karateka. He's a genius."

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 30 luglio 2020, 14:46

Jermaine Jackson

On July 30th, 2014, ahead of their concert at Paradiso Amsterdam, The Jacksons (Jackie, Tito, Jermaine and Marlon) visited the temporary Michael Jackson Memorial Billboard at Gustav Mahler square in Amsterdam. The memorial billboard was placed on June 25th that year on the 5th anniversary of Michael’s passing. The billboard is a photo taken by Claude Vanheye of Michael Jackson in 1977 walking through the Amsterdam Jordaan neighborhood. A huge crowd of fans showed up to get a glimpse of the legends. Every brother placed flowers under the billboard and thanked all the fans for their support and for being there and for keeping Michael’s legacy alive. Jackie said words of condolences to the Dutch crowd for losing many people on the MH17 flight that crashed that month.
“Michael is missed very much. When we do a performance on stage, we kind of feel him on stage. We miss him dearly. There will never be another Michael Jackson. There was only one Michael Jackson. And the reason why, he was what he was because he was blessed with a talent and God knew what he was gonna do with the talent. He was going to breed an awareness to the world of the problems and try to bring people together and children to make this world a better place. And that’s why he was so great. His performance was great, but he was a great human being. Thank you. We miss him so much....”
~ Jermaine Jackson, 30 July 2014

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 30 luglio 2020, 14:51

Mourad Mesellaty is with Danny Oliver.

#OnThisDay July 30th, 1992. #MichaelJackson premiered his first sold out concert (5 dates) at mythic Wembley Stadium, London, England,
to an audience of 72,000 loving fans. #DangerousWorldTour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu5pz_4Rv_8

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 1 agosto 2020, 16:07

Mourad Mesellaty is with Brett Barnes.

#MICHAELJACKSON CORONATION IN AFRICA 1992
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jokmv9zVPEM

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 4 agosto 2020, 12:01

August 4th, 1984. The Jacksons performed the first show (2 dates) at Madison Square Garden to a sold out show of 19,000 fans #VictoryTour

Mourad Mesellaty

August 4th, 1984. The Jacksons performed the first show
(2 dates) at Madison Square Garden, New York City, to a sold out show
of 19,000 fans #VictoryTour Jonathan Sugarfoot Moffett

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 agosto 2020, 14:39

August 10, 1994
#MichaelJackson took a break from recording his HIStory album at the Hit Factory Studio, New York to meet 4 terminally ill children. He also sent $20,000 worth of toys, food, and supplies to a hospital in Budapest, Hungary.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 agosto 2020, 22:12

Mourad Mesellaty

#StoryOfTheday. August 13, 2001. #MichaelJackson began
the shooting of "You Rock My World" short film in Los Angeles, California.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-7ABIM2qjU
The music video for "You Rock My World" was directed by Paul Hunter and produced by Rubin Mendoza. The video, which is over thirteen minutes long, was described as being a short film. The video consists of Michael Jackson's and featuring Chris Tucker's characters trying to gain the affection of a woman (Kishaya Dudley) by subsequently following her around the neighborhood. Ultimately, a fight breaks out between Michael Jackson and the gang members in a bar, who are ordered by their leader (Michael Madsen) to get rid of Michael Jackson. The video features appearances from Marlon Brando, Michael Madsen and Billy Drago. The video won an NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Music Video at the award show’s 2002 ceremony.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IkRsyLjqD4
In late August 2001, Michael Jackson and Sony Music began a promotional campaign for "You Rock My World". As part of promotion for the single, as well as the album, Michael Jackson made a public appearance by celebrating his 43rd birthday, one day late, by presiding over the NASDAQ market opening ceremony in Times Square on Thursday morning, on August 30, 2001. Michael Jackson only performed "You Rock My World" twice. The only performances of "You Rock My World" was during two concerts in early September 2001, which was to celebrate Michael Jackson's 30th year as solo artist, at Madison Square Garden. Chris Tucker, who is part of the song's dialogue and video, was part of the live performance. Footage of the second concert on September 10 was shown in a two-hour television special, titled Michael Jackson: 30th Anniversary Celebration, which was aired on CBS in November of the same year.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 16 agosto 2020, 12:02

June 18, 1993: Michael pays a visit to a hospital in Washington. He spends several hours with the young patients and plays chess with some of them and just talking to others.

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 17 agosto 2020, 21:03

August 17 1995 - Michael Jackson gave his first Internet chat.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 agosto 2020, 21:42

Mourad Mesellaty

#OnThisDay August 24, 1992. Despite a case of laryngitis, #MichaelJackson arrived at Regent College after lunch and stayed for four hours to support the first European Children's Congress of ′′ Heal the World ′′ held in London, England
Michael Jackson was interviewed on the objectives, tasks and structure of the Heal The World Foundation, officially launched in Bucharest, Romania, September 30, 1992
What is the HTW Children's Congress?
Michael: "The HTW Children's Congress is a group of children aged 8 to 16 from around the world. They act as advisors to the foundation and are expected to help find the world's problems and solutions from their perspective. We also hope that the Congress will help develop a program that mobilizes the children of the world to work together on solutions to the problems identified."
- What was the aim of the European Children's Congress in London?
Michael: ′′ Since he was on a world tour in Europe, it was a good opportunity to bring children together to help plan the foundation. The results were invaluable and they also serve as a basis for the world congress planned for the spring of 1993 at my Neverland Ranch in California". ′′ The children's congress in London was organized by HTW and hosted by children. HTW is run by a supervisory board advised by the children. It only works properly when the children actively participate."

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 25 agosto 2020, 7:19

Mourad Mesellaty

#OnThisDay August 25th, 1990. #MichaelJackson SEGA Moonwalker was released in Japan. The arcade version and the mega player version were also released that day.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 27 agosto 2020, 9:26

Mourad Mesellaty

#OnThisDay August 27, 1991. #MichaelJackson was in Japan for the photoshoot and Sony TV commercial, Kirara Basso, that aired in Japan. Sony Kirara Basso TV Photoshoot in the Desert for TV Commercial. The footage was also used to promote Michael's 'Dangerous' album.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 27 agosto 2020, 13:24

Mourad Mesellaty

#OnThisDay August 24th, 1994. Miko Brando and Karen Hamilton's marriage was held at #MichaelJackson's Neverland Ranch. Michael organized the wedding to his home and was the godfather. Miko, Michael's personal friend and son of Hollywood legend actor Marlon Brando. Miko started to work for Michael as member of his personal security team along with Bill Bray in the early 1980s. Unfortunately, during the ceremony, Michael had to leave the wedding party when he learned of the tragic death of Dee Jackson (R.I.P)
(ex-wife of his brother Tito and mother of Taj, Taryll and TJ).

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 29 agosto 2020, 20:54

Mourad Mesellaty

MichaelJackson was born on Friday, August 29, 1958, at 7:33 p.m. in room 207 on the third floor of St. Mary's Mercy Hospital in Gary, Indiana.
In the text, the testimony of Michael's mother, KatherineJackson in her memoir, "My Family", published in 1990:
My complicated experience with Marlon and Brandon (the twins had a difficult birth that eventually resulted in Brandon's death a few hours after birth*) didn't stop me from getting pregnant again. The following year, on August 29, 1958, I gave birth to another child. I remember that day well because my purse burst when my neighbor, Mildred Branco, and I were going to see the new school under construction, Garnett Elementary.
"Oh, my God, Mildred, I can't sit in your car like that," I exclaimed, "Girl, don't worry about it," Mildred said, helping me get in the car.
At my request, Mildred took me home. I called my mother and she and my stepfather took me to the Holy House of Mercy. Soon after I got there, I started having contractions. Later that night, my son was born.
"I want to give him a name...", my mother said. I hated the first suggestion: Ronald.
"How about Roy then?", she asked. "Oh, my God, Mom! No!
She thought a little longer and then said, "I know! Michael !"
"That's it," I said.
By then, I was used to seeing my babies being born with big heads, looking funny, so I wasn't alarmed by Michael. The two other things I remember about him when I first held him were his big brown eyes and long hands, which reminded me of my stepfather.
"I bet I was an accident," Michael always teases me. But he wasn't.''
God bless you Katherine, Our Thoughts and Love Your Way

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 31 agosto 2020, 16:29

#OnThisDay August 30, 2001, #MichaelJackson celebrated his 43rd birthday one day later, presiding over the opening ceremony of the NASDAQ Market in Times Square. The appearance was also to launch the promotional campaign for his new single (′′ You Rock My World ′′), his new album (Invincible) and the upcoming concerts at Madison Square Garden on September 7 and 10.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 4 settembre 2020, 14:46

Robyn StarkandOne Rose for Michael J. Jackson

On September 3rd 2009...Michael made his final journey .......
"When the hour-long service ended, his brothers lifted Jackson's casket for a final time to carry him inside the Great Mausoleum, where he was placed in his crypt at 9:43 p.m. PT "
Rest in peace,light and love....
we love you🌹for All time
you are always with us

R.I.P Michael Jackson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZITBxc ... 4RENUp2ZqU

:sad:

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 6 settembre 2020, 22:01

𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘑𝘢𝘤𝘬𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘧𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘑𝘦𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘑𝘢𝘤𝘬𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘏𝘢𝘻𝘦𝘭 𝘎𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘺 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘸𝘦𝘥𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘋𝘦𝘤𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 15𝘵𝘩 1973

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 settembre 2020, 8:15

September 12, 1996. #MichaelJackson arrived in Bucharest, alongside with the Cascio children, kneels before a monument - a cross in University Square dedicated to the victims of the 1989 Romanian revolution, and lays flowers. He also was a guest at the Parliament Palace where children are giving performances for him, including for "Heal the World", which Michael Jackson sungs along to. As during many of his tours' stops, Michael took time to tour the city and sightsee the famous architecture there.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 15 settembre 2020, 8:16

September 14, 2007. #MichaelJackson met stylist Rushka Bergman at the Four Sesons Hotel in New York.
"Personally, the best thing I worked on was working with Michael Jackson. He was the most beautiful person inside and out. He was misinterpreted by the whole world. It was beyond genius as an artist.
I would talk to him about art and love, and of course I was so lucky that of all the designers in the world, he chose me as his stylist. It was the most beautiful thing that could happen to me.
I worked on This Is It with Michael and he also had his stylists who worked with him for years. I have the most spectacular haute couture dresses for this London tour. States specially made for Michael Jackson.
I am working on a project that will be one of the most beautiful things on the planet because it will show the real Michael and share his love and art with the world.
The first day he met me, he wrote me a note: ′′ Rushka, you really are an artist at the highest level. You are the greatest. I love you.
Michael Jackson.
Let's make history together".
That was in 2007. #RushkaBergman

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 17 settembre 2020, 8:40

Mourad Mesellaty
#Throwback on october 25, 1977. CBS records organized a party honoring #MichaelJackson at studio 54 in New York City to celebrate the recent release of Goin’ Places with the participation of the casting dancers from the movie 'The Wiz'

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 17 settembre 2020, 21:42

Mourad Mesellaty

#StoryOfTheDay...#OnThisDay September 17, 1993. #MichaelJackson
arrived in Tel Aviv, Israel as part of his tour #DangerousWorldTour.
Michael was the first person to visit the Museum of Tolerance in Los Angeles. He requested to visit the MOT the Friday before it opened in 1993, and received a personalized tour from Rabbi Marvin Hier, founder of the Simon Wiesenthal Center and the museum, which ended with a special exhibit dealing with the Final Solution. Hier later told the L.A. Jewish Journal, “When he left the exhibit, Michael was crying, and he wrote me afterwards that he cried for weeks,”
Michael Jackson’s visit to Israel in 1993 caused absolute chaos when he visiting the Western Wall in Jerusalem’s Old City on September 18. As well, Michael Jackson also did a lot of sight seeing in Israel, visiting Jerusalem, Beit Lechem, Tel Aviv, Masada and even a children’s hospital. Everywhere Michael Jackson went, thousands of fans followed him, in some cases blocking entire streets !
Michael Jackson made some unusual requests when he visited Israel. According to Israeli journalist Tal Perry, Michael Jackson forced an entire shopping mall in Tel Aviv to open just for him. Since it was the evening of Rosh Hashana, the “Dizengoff Center” mall in Tel Aviv was closed, but Michael Jackson really wanted to buy records, books and to play video games, so the Israeli producers made some phone calls, and the mall was opened for him. Apparently, Michael Jackson ordered half of the furniture in his presidential suite to be removed in order to make room for all the toys he purchased.
Michael Jackson was also almost got arrested in Israel...He wanted to visit the “Tzrifin” base in what he probably figured was perfectly appropriate attire, an Israeli Air Force uniform with captain rankings. IDF officials told Michael Jackson’s staff that posing as an Israeli military officer is considered a crime, so Michael Jackson stuck with the red button-up and black hat look the time his photographer Sam Emerson took some pictures.
For two nights in September 1993, Michael Jackson packed the Yarkon Park in Tel Aviv, and more than 70,000 fans saw him perform.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 settembre 2020, 15:36

September 22, 1995. #MichaelJackson performed
after being inducted into the " Black Entertainment Walk Of Fame ".
Michael Jackson attends the 15th anniversary celebrations of Black Entertainment Television in Washington, where he becomes the first star to be included in bet's "Walk of Glory", created to recognize the contributions to the music industry by African-American artists.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 settembre 2020, 6:54

Mourad Mesellaty

#StoryOfTheDay...#OnThisDay September 21st, 2001. "You Rock My World" short film premiered in Europe.
As part of promotion for "You Rock My World", a music video was released. The video, which is thirteen and a half minutes long, was directed by Paul Hunter and features Chris Tucker and Marlon Brando. In the video, Michael Jackson and Chris Tucker portray men who are trying to gain a woman's affection. The video has been compared to Michael Jackson's previous videos "Smooth Criminal" and "The Way You Make Me Feel".
"You Rock My World" was recorded by Michael Jackson for his studio album, Invincible (2001). The song was co-written and composed by Michael Jackson, Rodney Jerkins. and produced by Michael Jackson and Rodney Jerkins. "You Rock My World" was officially released as the lead single from the album in mid-August 2001, by Epic Records Prior to the single’s official release it had been leaked to two New York radio stations on Friday, August 17. Immediately after the songs radio airplay the radio stations had received "a herd of [radio] callers asking for more."
"You Rock My World" was first played on the WJTM-FM station at 6 p.m., with WKTU-FM airing the song 45 minutes later. Both stations had played the single every two hours until around 6 p.m. Saturday, when Michael Jackson's record label, Epic Records, called the program director for both stations, Frankie Blue, who was also a friend of Michael Jackson, and asked him to stop. Blue later recalled, "They informed me of the dangers of playing a song too early." He refused to say how the song came into his possession.
In the critical reception edit...Praise was mainly directed at the song's composition, while dissatisfaction towards the song was expressed by critics because they felt that the track was not Michael Jackson's best material. Stephen Thomas Erlewine of AllMusic listed "You Rock My World" as being a highlight for the Invincible album. Reviewer Andrew Hamilton, also of AllMusic, stated that, "If anybody other than Michael Jackson had released 'You Rock My World' with the tons of publicity and promotion it was accorded, it would have slam dunked the charts and been a multiple award winner.
It sold well and got play everywhere, but too many critics panned the song and the album it came from as not being good enough for an artist on Michael Jackson's level." Hamilton commented that people should "give Michael credit" because he was able to maintain a respectable career as a recording artist over the years of his later career.
"You Rock My World" was commercially successful, generally charting within the top ten positions on music charts worldwide. The song was one of Jackson's last hit singles in the United States in the final years of his career. "You Rock My World" charted within the top twenty positions on the Billboard Hot 100 on September 15, 2001.
"You Rock My World" debuted on the United Kingdom Singles Chart at number two, which was its peak position in the country, on October 20. The song remained within the top twenty positions on the chart for four consecutive weeks, and remained within the top 100 positions for fifteen consecutive weeks from October 20, 2001, to January 26, 2002. "You Rock My World" debuted on the French Singles Chart on October 13, 2001, at the number one position The song remained at the number one position on the chart for three consecutive weeks, and remained within the top twenty positions for ten consecutive weeks. The song debuted on the Dutch Singles Charts at number four on October 20, and the following week, charted at its peak position, number two. "You Rock My World" debuted on the Finnish Singles Chart on the forty first week of 2001, at its peak position, number two. After three weeks, the song fell off the charts.
The music video for "You Rock My World" was directed by Paul Hunter and produced by Rubin Mendoza. The video was filmed from August 13 to August 21, 2001 in Los Angeles, California.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 25 settembre 2020, 15:38

Mourad Mesellaty

#OnThisDay September 25th, 1983. #MichaelJackson "Billie Jean"" performance from Motown 25 was nominated for ""Best Individual Performance On A Variety Or Music Programme" at the Emmy Awards Gala. This iconic performance crowned Michael's career forever

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 4 ottobre 2020, 8:10

October 3rd, 1983. "Say Say Say" a song written and performed by Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson, released in October 1983 as the lead single to McCartney's 1983 album Pipes of Peace. Produced by George Martin, the song was recorded during production of McCartney's 1982 Tug of War album, about a year before the release of "The Girl Is Mine".
The single was certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America in December 1983, representing sales of one million copies. The single was promoted with an influential music video directed by Bob Giraldi.
The Recording began at AIR Studios in London in May 1981. At the time, Paul McCartney was recording Tug of War, the former Beatle's first solo album after the breakup of his group Wings.
Michael Jackson stayed at the home of Paul McCartney and his wife Linda during the recording sessions, and became friends with both
Paul McCartney played several instruments on "Say Say Say", including percussion, synthesiser, guitar, and bass guitar. The harmonica was played by Chris Smith and the rhythm guitar was played by David Williams. The song was engineered by former Beatles sound engineer, Geoff Emerick. The production of "Say Say Say" was completed in February 1983, after it had been refined and overdubbed at Cherokee Studios in California.
George Martin, who had worked with the Beatles, produced the song. He said of his experience with Jackson: "He actually does radiate an aura when he comes into the studio, there's no question about it. He's not a musician in the sense that Paul is ... but he does know what he wants in music and he has very firm ideas."
The short film for "Say Say Say" was filmed in October 1983 and was directed by Bob Giraldi, who had previously directed Michael Jackson's music video for "Beat It". Cameo appearances in the video are made by Paul McCartney's then his wife Linda, as well as Michael Jackson's older sister La Toya.
According to LaToya Jackson, during filming of the video, the McCartneys were staying at a property named Sycamore Valley Ranch, five miles from the town of Los Olivos, California in the Santa Ynez Valley. Michael Jackson visited them and expressed interest in someday buying the property. In 1988, he would do so, renaming it Neverland Ranch. The saloon portion was filmed at the 1880 Union Hotel in Los Alamos. Paul McCartney flew in specifically for the filming. The video costed $500,000 to be produce.
"Say Say Say" was released on 3 October 1983 by Parlophone in the UK and Columbia Records in the US. It remained a top Billboard's Hot 100 for six weeks and became Michael Jackson's seventh top ten hit of 1983, breaking a record that until then was held jointly by The Beatles and Elvis Presley. Also in the US, "Say Say Say" reached number two on the R&B chart

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 8 ottobre 2020, 8:09

October 7th, 1987. #MichaelJackson arrived to Osaka, Japan. Michael and his staff arrived by train. A huge crowd was present at the station. He was present at City Hall to receive the "Key of the Castle". The following day, October 8, 1987, Michael was transported by ambulance and his performance cancelled.
Michael Jackson couldn't get rid of his fever and throat, so he went to "Osaka Police Hospital" in the morning. The doctor who diagnosed "acute laryngitis" recommended the cancellation of 3 performances and announced the cancellation at 2:25 pm. Meanwhile, Michael requested an ambulance and returned to the hospital.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 ottobre 2020, 9:14

On September 3, 2009, Lisa Marie attended Michael Jackson's funeral with nearly 200 of his closest friends and family members. At the end of the service, after most people left, she was the last one standing there with his casket.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 ottobre 2020, 7:43

Mourad Mesellaty

#OnThisDay October 13, 1987. #MichaelJackson visited Osaka Castle. Michael was delighted to meet with the elementary school students who had come to sketch but had to give up the visit to Osaka Castle to avoid further confusion because of Michael's presence, but he was in a good mood being surrounded with the Japanese children.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 14 ottobre 2020, 7:51

Mourad Mesellaty
October 13, 1988. #MichaelJackson's "Smooth Criminal" short film was premiered on MTV.
Michael Jackson originally wanted to make a music video in the western genre, but decided after watching The Godfather with director Colin Chilvers to change it to a 1930s gangster style. Jeffrey Daniel of the soul music group Shalamar co-choreographed the "Smooth Criminal" video with Michael Jackson and Vincent Paterson, who was a back-up dancer in "Beat It" and "Thriller". It was directed by special effects coordinator Colin Chilvers. The dance sequence of the video in the 1930s style lounge (and Michael's white suit and fedora) pays tribute to the Fred Astaire musical comedy film The Band Wagon. The film was shot between mid-February and April 1987 at Culver City, California and in the backlot at Universal Studios Hollywood.
Michael Jackson and the dancers perform an "anti-gravity lean" that appears physically impossible.[18] The dancers lean forward 45 degrees with their backs straight and feet flat on the floor, and hold the pose before returning upright.[18] The lean moves the body's center of mass further than it can support. In the video, the illusion was achieved using cables and a harness. In October 1993, Michael Jackson and his team patented a method of performing the lean in concert using specially designed shoes that hook into pegs that rise from the stage. Even with the shoes, the move requires good athletic core strength.
The video won Best Music Video at the 1989 Brit Awards and the Critic's Choice awarded Jackson the "Best Video" award and the People's Choice Awards for "Favorite Music Video" for that same year.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 18 ottobre 2020, 8:16

October 18, 1991. 2 commercial videos are released for Sony 'KIRARA-BASSO', one called 'Wave' and the other 'Desert'. "Black or White" was released for the first time to the world by EPIC Sony from Japan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo19vLzOSb4...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs375Znv8VQ...

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 19 ottobre 2020, 7:36

October 19th, 1987. #MichaelJackson left Japan at 10:22 am, flight JAL731 from Narita airport to Hong Kong. He made a statement before takinf his flight..."I promise to return to Japan", I will make a triumphant return on the BAD Tour '88". For the record, Michael Jackson stayed 40 days in Japan and performed 14 concerts. #BadWorldTour

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 ottobre 2020, 8:25

Mourad Mesellaty

#OnThisDay October 21, 2001. #MichaelJackson organised and performed a benefit concert for 9/11 named "United We Stand", held at the RFK Stadium in Washington.
The concert was a half-day-long spectacle beginning in the early afternoon and lasting well into the night. Performers ranged from music icons including Mariah Carey, James Brown, Al Green, Carole King, Rod Stewart, Bette Midler, America, and Huey Lewis to starting stars of that time including Destiny's Child, P. Diddy, the Goo Goo Dolls, Train, Backstreet Boys, Usher, Pink, and NSYNC.
In order, the performances were: Backstreet Boys, Krystal Harris, Huey Lewis and the News, James Brown, Billy Gilman, O-Town, Usher, Christina Milian, Carole King, Al Green, Pink, Bette Midler, CeCe Peniston, Aerosmith, America, P. Diddy (with Faith Evans singing backup in the choir), NSYNC, Janet Jackson, Destiny's Child, Rod Stewart, Goo Goo Dolls, Train, Mariah Carey, and Michael Jackson, who performed "Man in the Mirror". Then everyone joined together, including MC Hammer and Mýa, for closing the show by performing "What More Can I Give".
Several days after the event, ABC aired a condensed, two-hour version of the concert as a special. Due to an exclusivity agreement with CBS for an upcoming special drawn from the 30th anniversary concerts, Michael Jackson's solo performance of "Man in the Mirror" was removed from the ABC broadcast at the request of his management. The finale which incorporated Michael Jackson was still allowed to air.
The special premiered on ABC on Thursday, November 1, 2001

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 ottobre 2020, 8:53

On this day in Michael Jackson's HIStory - October 20, 2001. 'You Rock My World' enters the French national singles chart at #1. This has only been achieved by 4 artists before

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 ottobre 2020, 20:54

Wioletta Maria Gorka

October 21, 1987-Michael Jackson arrives in Hong Kong as a tourist.
Michael Jackson was on Bad World Tour and after finishing Japanese concerts, before moving to Australia, he takes a three-week vacation in Hong Kong, becoming a tourist.
Dr. Dr. Dr. Penguin (with Michael in the first photo below), a Moroccan entertainer, remembers the story in an interview after the singer's death:
′′ I worked at Duddell's on Duddell Street and the restaurant owner knew Michael Jackson's travel agent and ended up in Michael's hotel room in Japan... I invited him to come to Hong Kong before flying to Australia "...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
′′ Michael was excited about the idea because he'd never been there and wanted to go. He loved Chinese movies, kung fu and Bruce Lee.
The owners came back to Hong Kong happy, but they didn't know when Michael was coming and there was a condition too.
If there were any prints at the airport, Michael would turn around, and go back to Japan "....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
′′ On October 21, Jackson and his entourage arrived on a private jet, SD I was 8 n office when my boss started, freaking out. I asked him what was wrong. And he said, ′′ Michael Jackson is coming and the press is at the airport. What will we do?". I said: ′′ It's easy, I have an idea ".
Got Peggy Johnson, who was our singer at the club. We rushed back to my house. I put on my swimsuit and my wife dressed Peggy like Michael Jackson with an inclusive hair "....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
′′ We go down with an elevator where the press expected us. I look around wearing dark glasses and say ′′ Where's the limo?". I look at her and say, ′′ Hurry, Michael, run ". And we're like this to a taxi. There was only one policeman there. The press was throwing money at the taxi driver and the police did nothing. I beat them and screamed :" Let us go! Let us go!"..
Finally we moved and the press followed us into the city.
We went to the Mandarin hotel (Oriental), because we knew there were several exits and it was near Duddell.
We got rid of the press and ran to Duddell. By then it was already noon, we got a couple of vodka-tonics and laughed at the bar.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When newspapers came out, we were everywhere. The Standard had a great color photo on Peggy's front page of me and Peggy with the title: ′′ Michael Jackson arrives in Hong Kong "....
′′ Meanwhile the real Michael Jackson arrived, got in the car without press and went to the hotel in Hong Kong where he was staying."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
′′ That night Michael came to Duddell and we're throwing him a special show downstairs, in the basement, where once there was the bank vault, and that was transformed into a VIP area.
His team was there first....
We brought acrobats and a kung fu show, and I worked close magic "....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
′′ Michael was a huge fan of magic, so we ended up talking for an hour and a half. Michael wanted to see more card tricks and how to do them. Then we were talking about the three Marmitons and the Marx brothers. Discussing which ones were funnier, Michael nominated me there. And then I wanted to be his tour guide in Hong Kong.... so I agreed to take him around "....
′′ Michael was looking for roller coasters to buy for Neverland. So he wanted to try them. Had a private tour in Ocean Park and was the last two on a rollercoaster. Everyone had retired because they were throwing up... but Michael and I kept going over and over again ".....
′′ Within three weeks Michael's stay in Hong Kong, we took him on antiques shopping, he went on a trip to China and Macau and also visited Shaw Brothers Studio "....
Source: MJ VIBE with.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 23 ottobre 2020, 8:25

Mourad Mesellaty

#OnThisDay October 23, 1988. #MichaelJackson donated $125,000 to establish the Motown Museum, as well as one of the Fedora hats and sequined gloves and suits.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 27 ottobre 2020, 14:12

.#OnThisDay October 27th, 2009. #MichaelJackson’s This Is It made its worldwide premiere at the Nokia Theater in downtown Los Angeles on Tuesday before it hits the theaters. The red carpet for the premiere was live streamed via webcast across the world, starting at 4:30 PM PDT.
It seemed everyone in Hollywood wanted to see what This Is It was all about.
Going on speculation and a glowing review from Elizabeth Taylor, a heaping spoonful of A-listers and others packed Los Angeles’ Nokia Theatre for the premiere of the Michael Jackson concert film, comprising footage as he prepared for a 50-date farewell-concert blowout.
“I’m sitting in the nokia theater in awe of the ‘this is it’ movie!” twittered Paula Abdul, just one of the stars who walked the red carpet before showtime. “So many emotions are coming up For me I can’t believe He’s Gone BRILLIANT.”
Michael Jackson’s brothers were the blood-relative VIPs in a crowd that also included Will Smith, Jennifer Lopez, Katy Perry, Adam Lambert, David Cook, Paris Hilton, Neil Patrick Harris, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Nigel Lythgoe and Berry Gordy Jr.
“Michael would have loved this turnout,” associate producer and tour choreographer Travis Payne told the L.A. Times’ Pop & Hiss blog as Jackson’s music played in the background.
“It’s time to celebrate Michael, to rejoice in all his wonderful messages of peace and love. People are going to enjoy seeing the Michael I always got to see.”
“You see him onstage as if he were standing in front of a full house,” added This Is It director Kenny Ortega. “I hope the fans find satisfaction, that fans will understand what Michael had planned for them.”
Sony Pictures paid $60 million for the rights to more than 100 hours of rehearsal footage that was whittled into the 111-minute film. Its planned two-week run was extended because it’s a major hit, but in the meantime it’s opening in 99 countries by tomorrow and will expand to 110 this weekend.
Source : Bonnie Lamrock MJ-UPBEAT

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 31 ottobre 2020, 7:31

October 30, 1996. #MichaelJackson arrived in Mumbai, India. His private jet landed at the Chhatrapati - Shivaji International Airport (then called Sahar International Airport) in Mumbai, where thousands of fans flocked to see him.
Michael Jackson was greeted by Indian actress Sonagli Bendre, dressed in traditional orange salts and Maharashtra nathni (a kind of nose shiver), Raj Tackeray (his uncle and then leader of one of the country's largest political parties, Shiv Sena, who financed Michael's concert in Mumbai), his wife, Sabrina Thackeray, son Amit and many other representatives of India.
Michael said on his arrival: ′′ I am very happy to be in India to support a charity". In fact, funds raised at Michael's concert were intended to create jobs for 260,000 young people in the state of Maharashtra.
Outside the airport, Raj Thackeray organized a performance with a group of Lezhim dancers, dressed in traditional Maharashtra and dholaks (percussion tools from northern India.
Michael was then taken to Matoshree, home of leader Bal Thackeray, in a 20-car convoy. Michael, however, stops his car to meet the poor on the way. He spent a few minutes with several children whom he hug and give them candy.
During his stay, Michael stayed at Kohonoor Presidential Suite at The Oberol in Mumbai, on the shores of the Arabian Sea.
Upon arrival at the hotel, Michael made a very short appearance at the party in his honor, where he was presented with a miniature reproduction of the Taj Mahal.
There were some big names from the Indian entertainment industry and the royal family, but the King of Pop wanted to rest for his concert, so he climbed into his suite. #HistoryWorldTour

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 1 novembre 2020, 8:54

October 31, 2008. #MichaelJackson with his children attended a Halloween party hosted by Dixie Chick singer Natalia Maines and her husband, Adrian Pasdar. The party was held at the copy house in Brenwood, Los Angeles.
Michael Jackson arrived surprised, invited by Gregory Peck Veronique's widow to accompany him and his children.
Michael made a quick stop on the street in Brenwood on KFC Drive Thru.
A fun moment happened at the party later recounted by Natalie Maines.Thinking he was a copycat, the party DJ started playing Thriller when Michael entered the huge ballroom.
Several people approached to congratulate him for his perfect Michael Jackson costume. One guest told him, "It was the best Michael Jackson costume I've ever seen".
By the time they realized it was already too late, that it really was Michael Jackson himself. Singer Natalia Maines said he was still having fun as a child. Michael celebrated his last Halloween with his children in Los Angeles at the home of Nathalie Maine, the singer of the band Dixie Chicks.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 4 novembre 2020, 15:11

November 4, 1995. #MichaelJackson performed on German show "Wetten Dass" with Dangerous and premiered with "Earth Song" on live performance. Many fans gathered to the show and even outside the studio watching Michael on big screen. After the show, Michael returned to his hotel at Hyatt Regency Köln in Cologne and proudly received from the German Sony team, Michael's manager Jim Morey, Sony executive Jonathan Morrish, Jochen Leuschner, CEO X, Bill Bray, Bob Jones, vice president of communications for MJJ Productions and Lee Solters (MJ spokeman), a platinum album for 'History' and also was presented the Otto award 1995 from Bravo magazine by Alex Gernandt. All the crew was delighted after the show and celebrated it at the hotel in a party watching the performance again and again on a big screen and I am proud I was there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3jZ-zvMeCM...

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 8 novembre 2020, 7:07

November 7th, 2001. #MichaelJackson was in New York for the promotion of his album Invincible, released a few days before, on October 30, 2001. In front of a crowd of fans who invaded Times Square and stop the traffic, Michael appeared in front of the Virgin Megastore, on a podium installed for the occasion, covered with a red carpet.
For a few short minutes, he greeted the crowd and sent kisses to his fans before returning to the interior of Virgin where he gave a quick interview to Carson Daly, live on MTV's Total Request Live.
Michael Jackson also gave an interview to AJ and Free for 106th & Park from BET....and for the Entertainment Tonight show where he talked about his concerts at Madison Square Garden with his brothers in September. The interview will be aired during the November 12 and 13, 2001 shows, interspersed with footage from the recording of "What More Can I Give".
Then, for the first time in his solo career, Michael Jackson took part in a signing session at the Virgin store.
The first 500 fans who bought the CD in the store get a pass giving them access to the event. Relaxed, Michael signed autographs to his fans, kisses them, exchanges a few words, gets his pictures taken with them. A rare moment for the lucky ones, very emotional, and unique in Michael's career and stated... ′′ And a great honor," said Michael, speaking to his first autograph in the Virgin Megastory store in Time Square, New York...I'm very pleased. We worked very hard on it and I'm lucky that the fans accepted it the way they did . Every time there's an album or a new song, and it's like it's the first one".

Rispondi