On this day

Michael Jackson's news in English. Your updated reference for Michael Jackson's news in English language from all around the world. Rumors, gossip and true facts. And a lot of Michael Jackson's beautiful pictures.
Rispondi
soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Re: On this day

Messaggio da soulmum » 9 novembre 2020, 14:46

March 1, 1988. On occasion of the United Negro College Fund's 44th dinner at a press conference organized by his sponsor, Pepsi, in Manhattan, N.Y., #MichaelJackson offered UNCF’s President and CEO, Christopher Edley a check for 600,000 dollars, the entire grossings from his private sold-out benefit concert held at Madison Square Garden in New York City (for the 42 UNCF institutions, including Fisk University), making him one of "UNCF"s most significant donators. The event featured children reading their dreams and wishes as Michael Jackson looks on.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 11 novembre 2020, 7:28

The music video for "Give In to Me" was shot on June 25, 1992
in Munich, Germany, just two days before the opening concert of the #DangerousWorldTour on June 27, 1992. The pyrotechnics appearing
on the video are computer-generated and were added later on. Features #MichaelJackson performing the song on stage at an indoor rock concert with ex Living Colour bassist Muzz Skillings, Guns N' Roses guitarists Slash and Gilby Clarke, as well as the band's touring keyboardist Teddy Andreadis and Michael Jackson's touring drummer, Jonathan Moffett. Recorded on 1990, "Give In to Me" is the tenth track on Michael Jackson's 1991 studio album Dangerous, and the single was released on February 15th, 1993.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 12 novembre 2020, 7:38

.On this Veteran's Day this November 11, 2020. Let's remind #MichaelJackson support for the US Military while he thrilled the crowds on his visit to Camp Zama a US base in Japan.
CAMP ZAMA, Japan — Hundreds of fans at this Army post got a peek at the King of Pop Michael Jackson on Saturday afternoon.
Michael Jackson thrilled U.S. troops, their families and Japanese base employees with a brief but electric appearance at the Yano Fitness Center.
Most jammed into the building about two hours before he was flown in on a Black Hawk helicopter from Hardy Barracks in Tokyo. With Michael Jackson favorites such as “Billie Jean,” “Beat It,” “The Girl is Mine” and “Thriller” playing overhead, the crowd was entertained with trivia questions and a raucous imitation dance showdown.
Screams erupted and camera flashes lit up the gymnasium when Michael Jackson entered shortly after 3 p.m. People stood and flocked toward the roped-off stage, straining for a glimpse of the pop icon.
“It’s an honor and a privilege to be here,” Michael Jackson told the audience. “You people are among the most special in the world because you have chosen a life of service. Because of you here today and others who have given their lives, we can enjoy our freedom at home. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. And I love you.”
The legendary gloved one did a giant loop around the stage. He waved, smiled and blew kisses at fans huddled against the barrier. Then he was ushered away.
Later, Michael Jackson took part in a private promotion ceremony before departing.
He may not have stuck around very long, the entire stop lasted about 10 minutes. But hey, it was Michael Jackson. “I got two wishes before I die: See Mick Jagger and Michael Jackson,” said Walter Sampson, a retired petty officer first class who works at Yokosuka Naval Base and brought his family from Yokohama on Saturday. “Now all I gotta do is see Mick Jagger and I’ll be the happiest person in the world. ”
Airman Christopher Terhune, from Atsugi Air Facility, shakes hands with Michael Jackson after winning a dance-off competition at Camp Zama, Japan on Saturday.
At a VIP party in Tokyo last weekend, hours after Jackson arrived in Japan, guests paid $3,500 for 30 seconds to one minute of face time with him.
Senior Airman Raphel Lucas, 22, said he wouldn’t go quite that far but there’s probably not much else he wouldn’t do for a chance to meet his idol. He and wife Maria made the hour-plus drive from Yokota Air Base on Saturday.
“The first thing I can remember doing as a kid was the ‘Thriller’ dance. I’m a huge fan, huge fan. I don’t think there’s a Michael Jackson song you can sing that I don’t know the words to,” Lucas said.
Ashlee Hempstead, a sophomore at Zama American High School, said she got some good photos of him.
“I was really, really excited and very happy,” she said afterward. “It was really great. Not a lot of celebrities come here and actually see us on base...I’m not a really big fan, but I still like his music.”
Melissa Stimmler, 27, the wife of Lt. John Stimmler, a flight surgeon with Carrier Air Wing 5 at Atsugi Naval Air Facilty, said it was worth the drive. “I never thought I’d see him in person. We were about 2 feet from him,” she said. “It was pretty exciting. I got a little video. We have to post it to all of our friends back home.”
Three sailors assigned to Atsugi’s Helicopter Anti-Submarine Squadron 14 said they were somewhat disappointed Michael Jackson didn’t stay longer.
After learning about the visit on Friday, Petty Officer 3rd Class Ali Elazhari, 22, joked that he “got all excited like a little girl.”
“I was even practicing my Michael Jackson scream in the car on the way over here today,” he added.
“He came out with a bang, then it all fizzled out,” said Airman David Takacs, 20, an aviation technician with HS-14.
Petty Officer 3rd Class Melinda Ray, 25, said the Michael Jackson event was billed as a 40-minute meet-and-greet with service members, but that’s not what it turned out to be.
“He came out and talked for seven minutes, then left,” Ray said. “It was pretty exciting that they got him to come here, but it was kind of a letdown because they advertised something different. I can’t believe that many people showed up.
“But I enjoyed it. It was fun. It was definitely an experience.”

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 12 novembre 2020, 8:11

November 11, 1987. #MichaelJackson arrived in Sydney, Australia from Hong Kong for the continuation of his first solo world tour,
the #BadWorldTour. He was greeted by many fans at the airport and two hours later he boarded a direct flight to Melbourne, where concerts in Australia would begin on November 13.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 12 novembre 2020, 9:38

On 11th November,1993 - Michael performed his 5th and last concert in Mexico to a capacity audience of 100'000. This was the day when the Dangerous Tour had to stop for Michael.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 novembre 2020, 21:23

#OnThisDay November 13, 1989. #MichaelJackson participated at the Sammy Davis Jr. 60th Anniversary TV Special in honor of the artist. The event was held at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. The TV show which lasted over two hours, generated with proceeds going to UNCF (United Negro College Fund), won the Emmy Award and was the last appearance of Sammy before he died few months later from throat cancer on May 16, 1990. A few weeks after the performance, the program aired on February 4, 1990.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 16 novembre 2020, 7:24

November 15th, 2005. #MichaelJackson with his children were in Muscat, Oman. Michael Jackson decided to live in the Gulf state of Bahrain with his children in 2005 after leaving the United States following the trial in Santa Barbara, California. He left Bahrain in May 2006.
Michael Jackson fell in love with Oman, a desert and rugged mountainous Gulf sultanate where he "felt safe," spending a month and a half in 2006.
Michael Poses for a picture with Omani businessman Anis Zadjali and his son during a visit to Muscat. Zadjali, who works in tourism, said that Michael Jackson, who visited the country secretly with his children, was "touched by the love and the generous hospitality he found in the sultanate.
"Michael Jackson had come here for a visit of three days, which he extended to 45 days," Anis al-Zadjali told AFP.
"A lot of people visited him and took pictures with him, but nobody took advantage of his fame as they did not publish those pictures in the media, which made him feel safe in Oman."
Michael was very open and he loved people. Many people visited him at the hotel where he stayed and took pictures with him, but nobody took advantage of his global celebrity status. They did not release the photos in the media. That’s why he felt secure in Oman. He loved Oman, because people treated him like an ordinary person. He was happy to be here. He had travelled around the world and people used to tell him “Michael, we love you.” Only in Oman they told him: “We love you and we want you to stay here”.
Michael Jackson with his children left Oman to go to the US when James Brown died. He was very sad, but he promised to come back.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 17 novembre 2020, 7:25

November 16, 2006. Pez Jax met #MichaelJackson. He was wearing a t-shirt with a photo of himself on it and had paid for a group of us to see a West-end show with him in London. A couple of years back, Pez finally wrote about the experience for MJVibe.
"Since I can remember, like most of us, my dream was to meet Michael. In 2006, 3 days after my 19th Birthday, my dream came true when Michael came to London to accept the Diamond Award at the World Music Awards. This is my story…"
“How you doin?!” Michael shouted as he exited the stage. I’d finally done it, my own ears had heard Michael Jackson sing live. Sure, it was only a few lines but it was loud as his mic was turned up to the max! Leaving the Earls Court arena, I was crying, my friend Mayah was crying…it was most definitely ‘a moment’. We rushed back to the hotel and Michael was in the window waving to the fans as we united in a chorus of ‘Diamond Award…Diamond Award’ and he waved the award to us, proud of his achievement. The atmosphere that night at the Hempel hotel was electric and I remember thinking I am in the middle of Michael Mania! This was officially the most perfect day of my life, or so I thought because the following day would top it! Things calmed around 12:30am and we took the night bus back to Mayah’s still high on the adrenaline of seeing Michael on stage. 3am, we stopped off to check the papers. They claimed he was triumphant (something they would later recant in the 6am edition). We literally fell through the door, said goodnight and crashed out.
When Michael was in town, sleep was a luxury. You couldn’t afford to lay in bed through fear that he would perhaps do something and you weren’t there to be a part of it. We woke around 9am. That was late for us on a Michael day, but as we’d got home late the previous night and stayed outside the hotel the night before, we needed it.
Arriving at the hotel, we’d had beans on toast for Breakfast, our first that week. When Michael was in town, you grabbed your meals where you could. There was no time to sit down for a meal. The high of the World Music Awards was still there and so we decided not to rush ourselves that morning. We arrived at the hotel around 12:30pm, again, late for us. I spotted Kim at the front of the barriers and called out to her above the crowd. She turned and signaled for me to wait there and turned back round….who is she talking to?
A few moments later, she pushed through the crowd… “Start walking now!” She said and our group slipped away around the corner. Then she turned to us and held up a note “MJ, Prince Edward Theatre 2:30pm”, in Michael’s writing!!! A note from Michael Jackson needed no hesitation on my part and I ran in to the road to hail a taxi.
We were all shaking as the cab driver tore through the city streets. We’d promised him double the fare if he got us there in half the time, so of course he was happy to oblige.
Jumping out of the taxi we ran in to the Prince Edward Theatre. My mind was in overdrive thinking “I’ve got nothing for him to sign!” So I bought the show program and snatched a pen from the ticket booth. The 5 of us lined ourselves up outside the entrance. We were ready to have a private meeting with Michael!
No one was speaking, nerves had set in. All of us frantically looking from left to right…where was Michael?
We heard a noise on the horizon and before we had the time to consult each other, hoards of fans burst around the corner of the Prince Edward Theatre and I instantly felt my chances of meeting Michael had been dashed. With them, they bought the media everybody fought for a place around the entrance, a car horn was sounding off behind me and a black SUV pulled up on to the pavement right next to us. It was Michael and this was happening right now! The SUV door swung open and the security detail jumped out and attempted clear a path between the vehicle and the door. The begun shouting at the fans to move back, but the fans at the back were pushing forward to get a glimpse of Michael. It was a scrum of epic proportion!
In the back of the car, Prince cracked open the little window to peak out and a paparazzi took the opportunity to shove his lens through the gap and start photographing. I twisted slightly to get my arm above other fans and grabbed the lens from within the window, pulling it outwards. “No! You’re not photographing his children” I shouted at the pap. “Get off my fuckin’ camera” he shouted back, but I refused. Some fans behind saw me wrestling with this guy and helped by pulling him backwards and away from the SUV. “Watch your hands!” I shouted and pushed the little window closed.
The push and pull between the fans and the security was still going on and being in the front, my friends and I signaled to each other to link arms and form a human barrier either side of the door so Michael and the children could get in to the theatre. One of the security thanked us and then said “Sorry guys, we’re going to have to push on you to get those behind you to move back.” They began pushing against our chests and the fans and press behind pushed back. It was extremely painful! You read about this happening around Michael all the time, but being in the thick of it is something else all together.
To my right I saw a large hand reach out and signal one of the security to get back in the car. “That’s Michael’s hand!” I said to Mayah “Look!” The security guy jumped in the car and jumped straight back out again. “Ok guys, listen up” he said to us. “Michael wants all of you to chant “Fuck the press…can you do that?” And we were off. Loud and proud!
As we chanted, the fans had moved back slightly so they could raise their fists to shout “fuck the press, Michael is the best, fuck the press, Michael is the best.” In the midst, the security rushed Prince, Paris and Blanket in to the theatre and out of sight. Michael was left in the car and we could hear him laugh loudly (that laugh! OMG!) as we got faster with our chants. Security seized their moment and a Michael appeared at the door of the SUV…the push from behind started up again, it was more violent this time and the concern on the security’s faces was clear to my friends and I, we started yelling for fans to move back so that Michael would have a clear path, but they didn’t listen. In a heartbeat, they managed to bundle Michael through the doors of the theatre and in the commotion, he bashed his shoulder slightly on the car door. I was not happy!
Mayah and I immediately swung round (true to form) and began to shout at the fans . We were angry, not only had they put Michael’s safety at risk, but we’d missed on what we felt was going to be a prime opportunity to see him, close up.
People began to loosen in the tightly packed crowd when the door to the theatre opened back and one of Michael’s security detail stepped outside. I walked straight up to him “I’m so sorry about all that, please tell Michael we tried to stop him getting hurt and we did ask them to move back and…” he put his arm round me and told me not to worry. The next move shocked me. He moved me close to the theatre doors, opened one and pushed me inside the lobby. I panicked. Did I have enough money for a ticket? Did he think I wanted to buy a ticket? My overdraft is maxed out, my student loan is delayed…What was I going to do? The security guy stepped in a few moments later and I said to him “I can’t be in here without my friend….Her…the one with the braids and the black coat, she needs to be with me!” he put his hand on my shoulder and said “Michael has bought some tickets for you guys so I need you to pick some more people to come in with you.” I pointed to Mayah and the security guy sent another out to get her in. She came in flustered “What’s going on?”, “Michael’s got us tickets!” I told her. We were in a state of panic.
We selected Jamie and Kim from the crowd, but getting them into the theatre wasn’t easy. The fans outside had established what was happening and began to block those selected from entering the theatre. Myself, Mayah and 2 of Michael’s security had to pull Kim, after fans were trying to pull her back and prevent her from entering. Once the full selection was complete, we were given our instructions. “Turn off your mobile phones and pair up. The show has already started.”
Heading down stairs in our pairs, phones were ringing as fans outside were trying to find out what was going on. “Phones off guys”, the security told us. Raymone, Michael’s Manager and Grace, the Children’s Nanny were at the bottom of the stairs collecting sweets at the stand. I was shaking and when I saw them, suddenly everything had become VERY real. Grace grabbed my hand “Don’t worry honey, Michael loves meeting the fans!” WHAT??? Meet the fans? WHAT? We’re fans…This really was happening.
We were ushered in to our seats as the show was already well in to the first act. We took our seats and scoured the balconies looking for Michael. But Kim spotted him, diagonal to us, literally 4 metres away! It was Michael Jackson right there!
I couldn’t tell you what was happening on stage as I was fixed firmly on Michael. He kept lightly touching his hair and taking his sunglasses off and on. During one of the slow numbers, he pulled Blanket on to his lap, and pulled Prince and Paris either side of him close and kissed each one on the head and the little family hugged together. This was the side of Michael that the world didn’t see. It was a really beautiful moment.
Around 2 minutes before the interval, Michael stood up, in the middle of the theatre, his security were unable to jump up quick enough to block him and at that moment everybody was now aware that Michael Jackson was in the theatre. He was surrounded by his team and rushed out of the room to screams and excitement.
Holed up in the ‘Julie Andrews Room’ out in the downstairs lobby, the crowds gathered around the entrance hoping to catch a glimpse of the King of Pop. After around 10 minutes the door opened and theatre staff came out to usher back the waiting crowds. Suddenly Michael appear in the door way being carried by two security guards they made the short walk across the lobby towards the men’s toilets, he was smiling from ear to ear as people were screaming and shouting his name.
Now, Michael Jackson, my idol was literally a few metres from me, of course I wasn’t going to miss my chance and broke from the crowd. I rushed up to him and reached out to him, managing to rub his hand before he was whisked in to the bathroom.
“OH my god! I touched him.” I shouted to my friends….“I just touched his hand”. Fan-boy moment right there!
A man then came out of the toilets looking shocked, his mouth open. “MATE! Michael Jackson is in there… Michael fuckin’ Jackson!” He shouted to his friends.
“Everybody return to their seats NOW!” The theatre manager was shouting. “Mr Jackson is not coming out here so go back to your seats…we need to start the second act!”
Myself, Mayah and Kim whipped behind a curtain, hoping not to be found and to wait for Michael to return to his seat. We were caught and ushered back to our seats.
The next few moments are the best of my life as a fan…
With everybody now in their seats except the Jackson party, there was fuss and noise right across the auditorium. A group of older women were trying to hush the crowd when one shouted loudly “I don’t know what all the fuss is about, it’s only Michael Jackson”. What she didn’t know is that Michael had re-entered the auditorium with his security and was at this point, standing right behind her! He reached over and tapped her on the shoulder, she spun round and Michael said “Hello!” Took her hand and kissed. Instantly she fell backwards in to her friend making a noise as if she had fainted. Her friend began to fan her dramatically and that was that negative individual taken care of. Great job Mike!
For me, I knew this was the moment, it was now or never so as he left the old woman and her collapsed state and began heading towards his seat, I jump up out of mine and shouted out, “MICHAEL!!!!!”…. he glanced and came striding straight towards me. He was wearing a long black coat that he’d picked up in Topman a few days earlier and a white t-shirt…with a picture of himself on it. A gift from a fan, at least I hoped. Being three seats from the aisle I reached out to him, he stopped at the edge of the row, next to Kim and took hold of my hand and shook it. Michael Jackson was holding my hand! I shook back and stammered out “Michael I love you so much”. He raised his other hand and clasped my hand in both of his and replied “I love you too, how are you?” To which I replied “how am I?”….
Now, seriously, Michael was talking to me and holding my hand, no one in their right mind would be making logical sentences. But to reply “how am I?” I still slap myself to this day.
He laughed at me and said “I gotta go” and motioned to his seat. He let go of my hand and walked back over and took his seat.
I sat in shock, staring at my hand. The hand Michael Jackson just shook. The person I’d spent my life idolising just spoke to me. Mayah was gripping my knee (she had long nails back then!) and shaking me “I can’t believe that just happened!!!” I couldn’t speak.
When the cast were taking their bows, nobody was watching as Michael and his security team had stood up and were locating their exit. We were 2 rows from the gang way to the exits, so as Michael began to move, there was shouting and screaming and chaos once again. As he got to the aisle in front of us I tried to reach over the two rows to him. He went to reach back and a security guard brushed his arm down, so he put his hand across his heart and tapped it, looking back at us as they moved him on.
Outside was also pandemonium as more press and fans had swarmed the car outside. I found out after that Michael had been crying in the back of the car and the photos from the press show him smiling with mascara running down his face. Those in his team that we managed to speak with the following day told us he was feeling overwhelmed by the love he was receiving in London, especially after he felt so raw after being tricked at the world music awards the night before.
Having just met Michael, we decided not to join the crowds pushing towards the car and instead opted to block paparazzi camera lenses with our hands (which they did not like!)
The Jackson party pulled away and we headed to grab a taxi back to the Hempel. I pulled out my slide phone (it was 2006 remember!) and sent a text message to everyone in my phone book. “OMG I JUST MET MICHAEL JACKSON AND HE SHOOK MY HAND! SO HAPPY!!!”
Back at the hotel, most fans had already heard we’d been taken in to the theatre. There was a strange mix between those who were happy for us asking “what did he say? What was he wearing? What did he smell like?” And those who were jealous that we had met him (including some friends) who wouldn’t come near us.
But ultimately, I didn’t care what other people thought. I’d met my idol and at that time, that was more important to me.
12 years on from that incredible day and I’m still totally humbled by the experience. At that point (2006) I’d spent over 15 years looking at his face upon my wall, listening to his music, dancing in my room, taping my fingers that to have him standing in front of me, shaking my hand, meant the absolute world. I appreciate how it really was a case of right time, right place but I also believe in destiny too. The experience stays with me every single day, it’s the name of my registered company; Sixteen11 Media Group Ltd, named after 16th November, the day I met him and every year on the same date, I swing by the Prince Edward Theatre just for a look.
I titled this piece ‘Nothing Good Every Comes Easy’ as a quote from On The Line, because it was a hell of a crazy day and far from easy… but it’s the best type of crazy I’ve ever known!
Source : Pez Jax / MJVibes

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 19 novembre 2020, 7:34

Between November 18 and 23, 1997. #MichaelJackson arrived
in Seoul, South Korea to discuss investment in Sangbangwool Ltd. ski resort,
′′ Michael Jackson came to Korea to discuss the possibility of investing in Muju Resort," said a company spokesman. Michael Jackson spent a few days in Seoul, South Korea to visit presidential candidate Kim Dae-Jung. Michael's meeting with the candidate takes place on November 22, 1997. Michael went to Seoul to support Kim Dae Jung in the presidential elections and discuss investments.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 novembre 2020, 7:39

November 20th, 1984. #MichaelJackson gets star on Hollywood Boulevard. Los Angeles...Michael Jackson smiled and waved, but didn't sing or even speak, at brief but frenzied ceremonies Tuesday unveiling the superstar singer's solo star on the Hollywood Boulevard Walk of Fame.
Thousands of screaming fans, many wearing gloves like their idol, jammed the streets in front of the Chinese Theater, some grabbing front row spaces as early as 6 a.m.
Police said about 20 teenagers and small children fainted or suffered slight injuries as the crowd surged during the midday ceremony. Three people were hospitalized, including a man in his 20s who apparently suffered a seizure.
Michael Jackson, 26, wearing a black sequined jacket with black braid, stood on the stage with his parents and waved a white-gloved hand to his fans.
Entertainer Johnny Grant helped Michael Jackson unveil the star, and Los Angeles Mayor Tom Bradley gave the singer marking Michael Jackson Day.
Michael Jackson never said a word during the appearance, which lasted less than two minutes.
The unveiling of Michael's solo star...he also shares one with his brothers, was delayed at least 15 minutes because of problems controlling the crowd of about 6,000. More than 150 police officers worked the ceremony with the aid of horse patrols, who blocked the view of many fans.
One teenager who fainted was carried out by a police officer before the ceremony began. She clutched a duplicated photograph of the superstar.
'I came to see Michael. That's my baby,' said Pleshette Beamon, a 10th grade student at Hollywood High School.
'My mother doesn't know I'm here, but she'll know when she sees us on TV.'
Michael Jackson's personal manager, Frank Dileo, announced during the ceremony that the Jacksons will add three more Dodger Stadium shows to their #VictoryTour schedule.
He said the new dates, Dec. 7, 8 and 9, were already sold out by mail orders for the three dates previously announced for the weekend before.
'It will be an especially moving series of performances because this will probably be the last time Michael will appear in concert with his brothers,' Frank Dileo said.
Michael Jackson's star, the 1,793rd to be set in cement on the Walk of Fame, was placed between those honoring singers Lefty Frizzel and actress Lupe Velez.
Michael Jackson, who started in show business with his brothers as the Jackson Five, reached the top of his profession with two Grammy-winning solo albums -- 'Off the Wall' in 1980 and 'Thriller' with its seven Top 10 hits in 1983.
The singer lives in the Encino district of Los Angeles (1984)

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 novembre 2020, 20:17

.November 20, 2003. #MichaelJackson left the North Las Vegas airport to fly to Santa Barbara. Michael Jackson arrived at the Santa Barbara airport on a private jet with Grace and his attorney Mark Geragos, where he is handcuffed and took his passport and leave fingerprints at the Santa Barbara County Jail. Michael was allowed to walk free after paying $3 million bail, posing for a police photo and being informed of the charges against him.
The private jet transporting Michael Jackson is seen flying into a hangar at the Santa Barbara Airport in Santa Barbara, California.
Later in the day Michael Jackson returned to Las Vegas landing at Henderson Executive Airport that evening. His children are with him and he causes quite a stir as his motorcade circles the valley for two hours. He waves and shakes hands with the fans on the way. He stays the night at the Green Valley Ranch Resort.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 novembre 2020, 7:42

#OnThisDay November 21, 2002, #MichaelJackson was honored as "Pop Artist of the Millennium" at the Bambi Awards gala in Berlin, Germany. The Bambi award, which is given out yearly, honors people with new visions and creativity which give us hope, joy and energy.
"Dear Dr. Burda, dear Dr. Turnhofer, ladies and gentlemen, I have many good reasons for my visit to Germany. Coming back to Berlin, so full of energy, it’s very special to me. Berlin, Ich liebe Dich [Berlin I love you]. September 11th has changed our world. Not long ago the Berlin wall came down, but recently new walls were built. In 1989 people in Germany said: “Wir sind ein Volk.” [We are one people].* We are Germans, we are Armenians, French, Italians, Russians, Americans, Asians, Africans and many other nationalities. We’re Christians, Jewish, Muslims, Hindus. We’re black, we’re white. We are a community of so many differences. So complex, and yet so simple. We do not need to have war. And to the children of Germany I want to say this: We need you. The world needs you. Please go for it. Go after your dreams. Go after your ideals. You can become everything you wanna become. Become an astronaut, become a scientist, a great doctor, and of course, become an artist. Maybe you get a Bambi award like me then. I want you to know, I love Germany! You are very special in my heart, so much really. Always appreciate the gift of life. Be happy and have fun. I love you. Thank you very much."

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 novembre 2020, 20:05

November 22, 2009. #MichaelJackson posthumously
won 4 American Music Awards, picked up by his brother Jermaine.
These awards were for :
1 - Favourite Pop/Rock Male Artist 👑
2 - Favourite Soul/R&B Male Artist 👑
3 - Favourite Pop/Rock Album - Number Ones 👑
4 - Favourite Soul/R&B Album - Number Ones 👑

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 novembre 2020, 15:55

November 24, 1992, inside a hangar at "John F. Kennedy Airport" in New York, #MichaelJackson monitors the loading of 43 tons of medical supplies, blankets, shoes and winter clothing onto a cargo jet bound for the children of Sarajevo, a war-torn zone in the former Yugoslavia. The Heal The World Foundation teams up with "AmeriCares" to fly the 2.1 million-dollar worth of aid to Sarajevo for distribution by the United Nations. The aid is reported to have been also addressed to the Serbians, Croatians and Muslims in need.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 27 novembre 2020, 7:35

November 26th, 1991 "Dangerous" is the eighth studio album by #MichaelJackson. It was released by Epic Records. Co-produced by Michael Jackson, Bill Bottrell, Teddy Riley, and Bruce Swedien (R.I.P). Featured appearances include Heavy D, Princess Stéphanie of Monaco, Slash and Wreckx-n-Effect. The album incorporates R&B, pop and new jack swing, a new genre in vogue at the time.
Dangerous is one of the best-selling albums of all time having sold over 32 million copies worldwide, and was certified 8× platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) in August 2018. An influence on contemporary pop and R&B artists, it has been included in several publications' lists of the greatest albums of all time.
After the success of his seventh album, Bad (1987), Michael Jackson wanted more independence and control over the creative process. He separated himself from longtime producer Quincy Jones to avoid the perception that his success depended on him. Michael Jackson began working on new tracks in 1989 with a handful of members from the B-team of Bad, including Matt Forger and Bill Bottrell. The album was originally conceived as a greatest-hits collection with a handful of new songs, similar to Madonna's The Immaculate Collection. The proposed title was Decade. Michael Jackson signed off on the idea in early 1989 and test pressings were made by Epic Records. Michael Jackson received $18 million in advance.
Decade was originally scheduled for a late 1989 release date but was delayed several times. Another release date was set for November 1990, but it never materialized. Michael Jackson was preoccupied with on-going changes in his management team while also attempting to realize his film-making ambitions. In June 1990, the artist collapsed while dancing in his home studio due to a possible panic attack, with symptoms of chest pains, dehydration and inflammation of the ribs. Soon after, Decade was dropped entirely, and Michael Jackson determined that his new material constituted a full album, which he called Dangerous.
For about a year between 1989 and 1990, recording took place primarily at Record One (a branch of Ocean Way Studios in Sherman Oaks) where Michael Jackson arranged for executive control over the facility for $4,000 per day. During this time most work had proceeded with three producers (Bill Bottrell, Bruce Swedien and Bryan Loren) in three distinct studios with Michael Jackson. Bill Bottrell co-wrote and produced "Give In to Me" and "Black or White," while also receiving writing credits for "Dangerous" and production credits for "Who Is It." He was previously forced out of the production of Bad by Quincy Jones, but Michael Jackson brought him back for Dangerous, in which he was known as the "rock guy." Bill Bottrell also introduced classically trained keyboardist Brad Buxer to Michael Jackson. Brad Buxer was originally hired as a technician for his expertise in electronic equipment. A fortuitous relationship grew between Michael Jackson and Brad Buxer, to which Brad Buxer recalled, "Musically speaking, we were on the same wavelength; we spoke the same language." The Jackson-Buxer partnership would continue for twenty years.
For most of the rhythm tracks, Michael Jackson worked with Bryan Loren at Westlake Studios. Their work had begun since the end of Michael Jackson's Bad tour, and together they recorded "Work That Body," "She Got It," "Serious Effect," "Do Not Believe It," "Seven Digits," and "Man in Black." Bryan Loren wanted to recapture the organic R&B feeling of Michael Jackson's past albums like Off the Wall and Thriller. LL Cool J was invited to rap on "Serious Effect" and "Truth about Youth," because Michael Jackson wanted to add hip-hop to the record. The rapper had been critical of Jackson but changed his tune to praise after their collaboration. Ultimately, however, none of Bryan Loren's recordings would make the final cut.
Though Bryan Loren's material was strong, it was not up to Michael Jackson's standards, and he was searching a newer type of sound that would be as compelling as Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation. Jackson discovered new jack swing, a more aggressive and urban sound, after reaching out to Antonio "L.A." Reid and Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds, who were producers of that style of music. In June 1990, Michael Jackson hired Teddy Riley, also known as the "Father of New Jack Swing." By then, Michael Jackson had already recorded over fifty songs. Initially recording at Record One, Teddy Riley moved to nearby Larrabee Studios after a few weeks, because other producers were working at the Sherman Oaks Studio. Unlike Loren, Riley wanted Dangerous to sound different from Michael Jackson's earlier work, and Michael Jackson admired Teddy Riley for bringing in newer styles. In wanting everything to sound unique, Michael Jackson challenged Teddy Riley to create new instrumentals without relying on stock synth and drum machine sounds. Teddy Riley rehauled some of Bryan Loren's work such as "She Got It" and "Serious Effect." "Jam" and "Dangerous" continued developing with Teddy Riley. "Dangerous" was originally recorded with Bill Bottrell, but Michael Jackson was not satisfied until improvements were made. Teddy Riley said he brought Michael Jackson's music back to its "barest forms" of R&B and funk.
By spring of 1991, Michael Jackson prepared the track list for the final cut of Dangerous which included several tracks he recorded with Teddy Riley: "Remember the Time," "Dangerous," and "In the Closet." For "In the Closet," Michael Jackson had planned a duet with Madonna which did not materialize. Her half of the duet was then changed and replaced with Princess Stéphanie of Monaco. The meeting with Slash took more than a year to coordinate, and the two musicians collaborated on "Black or White" and "Give In to Me." Bruce Swedien recalled recording sessions lasting up to 18 hours. On one occasion, he ordered Michael Jackson not to leave the studio until he sang the vocals for "Keep the Faith" all the way through: "This was scary but he did it. He didn't leave the studio until dawn."
Michael Jackson had spent an exorbitant $10 million to record Dangerous. Executives at Epic set a deadline for the album, wanting it released before November 28, 1991, Thanksgiving Day.
For the last two months of recording, Michael Jackson and Bruce Swedien rented hotel rooms located four minutes from Record One, so they could get back to work as soon as possible. Teddy Riley said, "When the deadline came, Michael Jackson wanted to do more and more songs.... And then when Michael saw the commercial for Dangerous, the David Lynch thing, we started working hard to get it finished." Dangerous was finally completed and mastered, by Bernie Grundman, on Halloween, 1991 #Dangerous29th

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 28 novembre 2020, 7:24

Michael Bearden's Fan Page

On this day in 1991, (yesterday thanksgiving the 26th, but I’m posting it today) MJ’s ‘Dangerous’ album was released! ⠀

We had planned to do a few songs from this record on tour. We couldn’t do them all or MJ would’ve been on stage for like a week every show! Too many hits!⠀

He and I went back and forth on if we should do ‘Remember The Time’. I wanted to do it. But, he couldn’t decide. I understood tho. It was definitely a challenge trying to get the set list together. ⠀

We never did get a final list together. However, I did convince him to be open to switching up the list here and there. Whatever way he felt from week to week. It would’ve been exciting for the fans. He agreed! ⠀

But, he was like, “they all must have production value!” I just smiled at him. “Of course MJ! They’ll all have your usual production value!” ⠀

Sometimes, I really miss those little moments!

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 28 novembre 2020, 13:03

November 27, 1995. #MichaelJackson's single "Earth Song" was released. However, "Earth Song" was the first that overtly dealt with the environment and animal welfare. "Earth Song" was made for the Dangerous album but it failed to make the final cut. The song was written by Michael Jackson and produced by M. Jackson, David Foster and Bill Bottrell.
The video centered on the destruction and rebirth of Earth and went on to receive a Grammy nomination in 1997.
"Earth Song" was written by Michael Jackson in the Hotel Imperial in Vienna, Austria under the working title "What About Us". An early version, which featured Jackson singing the ending in falsetto, was set to be released as part of a bonus disc for the remastered Dangerous album in 2001 but the release was cancelled.
In the United Kingdom, "Earth Song" debuted at number one on the UK Singles Chart, where it remained for six weeks throughout December 1995, beating the U2/Brian Eno project Passengers to win the Christmas number one spot, and into early 1996. During its stay at number one, "Earth Song" kept the first single released by the Beatles in 25 years, "Free as a Bird", off the number one position as well as other bookmaker favourites "Wonderwall" by Oasis and "It's Oh So Quiet" by Bjork. In early December, bookmakers correctly predicted that Michael Jackson would keep the Beatles off the top position and go on to attain the Christmas number-one single.
The music video for "Earth Song", directed by fine art photographer Nick Brandt, was expensive and well-received; it gained the 1995 Doris Day Music Award at the Genesis Awards and a Grammy nomination for Best Music Video, Short Form in 1997.
The video was filmed in four geographic regions (Americas, Europe and Africa). The first location was the Amazon Rainforest, where a large part was destroyed a week after the video's completion. Natives of the region appeared in the video and were not actors. The second scene was a war zone in Karlovac, Croatia, with famous Serbian actor Slobodan Dimitrijević and the residents of the area. The third location was Tanzania, which incorporated scenes of illegal poaching and hunting into the video. No animals were harmed in the making of the "Earth Song", as the footage came from documentary archives. The final location was in Warwick, New York, where a safe forest fire was simulated in a corn field.
Earth Song was first performed on November 4, 1995 on the German TV station 'Wetten dass', along with Dangerous. The next performance of the song was at the Brit Awards on February 19, 1996. Michael Jackson was also there to collect a special "Artist of a Generation" award. The 1996 World Music Awards was the next performance of the song on May 8, 1996.
During the ending of the song, Michael Jackson sang the line, "Tell me what about it", which was not heard in the song. On July 16, 1996, Michael Jackson performed Earth Song at the Brunei Royal Concert at Jerudong Park Amphitheatre in Bandar Seri Begawan. Similar to the World Music Awards performance, Michael sang the line, "Tell me what about it". The song was also performed on Michael Jackson's #HIStoryWorldTour from September 1996 to October 1997.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 29 novembre 2020, 7:32

November 28th, 1987. #MichaelJackson performed in Brisbane
at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre to an audience of 13,500 loving fans.
It ended the first leg of the year with the #BadWorldTour. For the second night, #StevieWonder made a surprise and took to the stage to perform as special guest on "Bad " with Michael ! Stevie Wonder was simultaneously on tour to promote the album at the time Characters with hit tracks Skeletons and the return favour duet with Michael " Get It. "
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO15C_- ... nnel=MJbr2

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 29 novembre 2020, 20:09

.On December 6th, 1995, #MichaelJackson collapsed on stage Wednesday while rehearsing for a national television special and was hospitalized suffering from apparent dehydration.
For the record, on July 25, 1995, Michael Jackson revealed that he would be participating in a television special to be broadcast later that year. The special, called Michael Jackson: One Night Only, was to be an intimate concert event staged at the historic Beacon Theatre in New York City. Filmed on December 8 and 9 with a live audience, the production was scheduled to go to air exclusively on HBO at 8 P.M. on December 10.
Michael Jackson was in stable condition at Beth Israel Medical Center North where he was undergoing tests. The hospital said he was being held overnight, and provided no additional information.
Michael Jackson’s sister Janet rushed to his bedside. She left the hospital a few hours later without speaking to reporters.
Michael Jackson’s wife, Lisa Marie Presley-Jackson, were not known. Her spokesman, Lee Solters, who also represents Michael Jackson, did not return a telephone call seeking comment.
Emergency workers found a semiconscious Michael Jackson lying on the side of the stage when they arrived at the Beacon Theater shortly after 5 p.m., Emergency Medical Service technician Kevin Barwick said.
“He was lethargic. He was speaking slowly, mumbling,” said Barwick, who treated the pop star.
The 37-year-old singer appeared dehydrated and was treated with oxygen and intravenous fluids before being taken to the hospital, EMS technician Lashunn Knight said.
EMS spokeswoman Marie Lamberti said Michael Jackson had low blood pressure, measured at 70 over 40. A typical healthy reading would be 120 over 80.
Michael Jackson had been scheduled to appear Wednesday night at the Billboard Music Awards. Tina Turner accepted the Billboard Hot 100 Award for career achievement on Michael Jackson’s behalf, saying she “wished for him a speedy recovery, from all of us.”
Janet Jackson also missed the show. Shaquille O’Neal, who was to present her with the Artist’s Achievement Award, accepted on her behalf, saying she was “chilling with Michael.”
Here in picture, Michael Jackson leaving Beth Israel Medical Center North in New York.
Michael Jackson smiled and gave his screaming, crying fans the peace sign as he walked out of a hospital today, nearly a week after collapsing from a virus.
``Michael, we love you! We love you!″ several women cried as they tried to chase after the white van that whisked the 37-year-old singer away from Beth Israel Hospital-North Division.
Michael Jackson, heavily made up with foundation and rouge but walking on his own _ paused briefly as he left the hospital, put his fingers to his lips as if giving the crowd a kiss, made a peace sign, waved and then left.
It was not known where he was going. Neither the hospital nor his publicist, Lee Solters, would say today where Jackson was heading.
Dressed in a black overcoat and black fedora, Jackson smiled at the crowd of about 50 screaming fans and the horde of reporters and camera crews but did not speak.
On his own, he got into the white van with protective blinds covering the windows.
``He looked gorgeous,″ gushed Medina Ashimora, 15, who has cut school every day to stand outside the hospital where Michael Jackson had been treated since Dec. 6. She did it ``because he’s the most wonderful person in the whole world,″ she said. ``I love him so much.″
His doctors said Michael Jackson would require several days of rest in bed and close monitoring as an outpatient in the next few weeks.
``Following a life-threatening illness that required a five-day stay″ in the intensive care unit, Jackson was transferred Monday morning to a private room,″ the doctors said in a statement.
The doctors _ Allan Metzger of Los Angeles and William Alleyne of New York _ said Jackson was taken off intravenous food Monday as his intake of solid foods continued to increase.
Michael Jackson’s illness forced cancellation of shows scheduled for Friday and Saturday at New York’s Beacon Theater, where he fell ill Wednesday afternoon while rehearsing. Portions of the shows had been planned for airing Sunday night to a worldwide audience of 250 million on the Home Box Office cable network.
Doctors said Michael Jackson’s gastrointestinal ailment probably was caused by a virus, leading to diarrhea and severe dehydration that dangerously quickened his heartbeat and lowered his blood pressure. His liver and kidney functions also were affected, the doctors said.
Michael Jackson: One Night Only was ultimately cancelled just days before it was due to be broadcast, with Michael Jackson having been rushed to hospital after collapsing during rehearsals on December 6.
The cancellation of the special raised questions, many of which remain unanswered. To this day, fans continue to wonder about the show that never was; which songs Michael Jackson would have performed, how the production would have looked, whether or not the rehearsals were taped, whose idea it was to do the show, whether Michael Jackson’s collapse was legitimate or staged, why the special was never rescheduled, and what impact it might have had on his life and career moving forward had it actually taken place.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 4 dicembre 2020, 7:14

#OnThisDay December 3, 1997. #MichaelJackson's simple ′′ Smile ′′
is cancelled, even though a few copies have been released, making it one of the rarest items there is. Originally it would have been released for No Navidadl 1997, but then cancelled by Epic although it was launched on December 3, 1997 in the Netherlands.
Seal of records: Epic
Unpublished : 03-12-1997
Serial number: 665130
Printed : Netherlands
Via Matilde Beatriz Latini

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 6 dicembre 2020, 19:54

December 6th, 1989. #MichaelJackson 's award was presented during his surprise appearance at the Arsene Hall Show
to present Eddie Murphy with the MTV Comedy Award. MTV aired a special show called ′′ Voting the 80s", 8 in which they revealed how viewers voted in various categories, including their choices for best film, video and television program of the 80s.
Michael Jackson received the most nominations and Thriller was named the largest video in the history of the world. The album ′′ Thriller ′′ was nominated for Really Big Album and Michael Jackson was named the Mega Artist of the 80s. The short film ′′ Thriller ′′
was chosen as the world's largest video with 35% of the votes.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 7 dicembre 2020, 7:32

#OnThisDay December 6th, 1995. The BET show was broadcast on American cable television. On September 22, #MichaelJackson was inducted into the Black Entertainment's Television Walk of Fame.
Michael was in Washington DC, to join the 15th Anniversary celebrations of Black Entertainment Television. Robert L. Johnson, BET’s president, presented a special plaque to Michael, who said he was ‘really proud’ and that it was ‘a great honour’
For the event, Michael performed "You Are Not Alone " with the Union Temple Baptist Choir, he became the first inductee in BET’s newly founded Walk Of Fame – created to recognize contributions to the music industry by African American artists.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 8 dicembre 2020, 15:08

December 9th, 1988. #MichaelJackson arrived to Narita airport in Tokyo to perform the second leg of his Japanese tour at the Tokyo Dome. Like in September 9th, 1987, Many fans and journalists gathered the place to welcome "Typhoon" back in town !
Michael Jackson reached an audience of 4 million fans during his #BadWorldTour at that time.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 9 dicembre 2020, 7:32

December 9, 1992. #MichaelJackson arrived at Narita airport, Tokyo, Japan by the flight JAL61. Michael came to launch 8 concerts at the Tokyo Dome from December 12 to 31st. Michael stayed at the Capitol Tokyuotel for 21 days until New Year's Day. #DangerousWorldTour Michael stayed in Japan until New Year's Day.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 11 dicembre 2020, 7:25

#OnThisDay December 10th, 1983. Following the release of 'Thriller' and most of its singles, "Say Say Say" in duet with Paul Mc cartney, released on 3 October 1983 by Parlophone in the UK and Columbia Records in the US, remained atop Billboard's Hot 100 and hit #1.
It became Michael Jackson's seventh top ten hit of 1983, breaking a record that until then was held jointly by The Beatles and Elvis Presley. The single was certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America in December 1983, representing sales of one million copies.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 12 dicembre 2020, 21:35

#OnThisDay December 12, 1998. #MichaelJackson was invited along with his friends Gerry Inzerillo and Prudence Solomon to the grand opening of the Sun International 's $450 million Royal Tours, Atlantis Resort and Casino on Paradise at the Bahamas. The monumental party included surprise performances by Michael, Stevie Wonder, Natalie Cole, Tevin Campbell and James Ingram. Sidney Poitier, Leonardo di Caprio, Julia Roberts, Oprah Winfrey, Alfre Woodard, Quincy Jones, Ashford & Simpson and Robin Leach also attended. The Atlantis Rising ′′ Celebration for 1,600 guests was an unforgettable event that culminated in a spectacular fireworks display. A brilliant show brilliantly choreographed by Grucci Fireworks.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 16 dicembre 2020, 7:56

February 8th, 1984. #MichaelJackson was honored
and crowned artist #1 in the world for his successful "Thriller" album by CBS Records chief Walter Yetnikoff at New York's Natural History Museum

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 17 dicembre 2020, 6:33

Mourad Mesellaty

#OnThisDay December 16, 2015. The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), the Estate of #MichaelJackson, Epic Records and Legacy Recordings announced that Michael Jackson’s "Thriller" was the first album in RIAA Gold & Platinum Program history to be certified 30X multi-Platinum for U.S. sales, continuing The King of Pop’s reign as the biggest selling artist of all time with worldwide sales of over 150 million for "Thriller" and 1 billion overall.
“RIAA has awarded Gold & Platinum records on behalf of the music business for nearly 60 years, but this is the first time an artist has crossed the 30X multi-Platinum plateau,” said Cary Sherman, Chairman & CEO, RIAA. “We are honored to celebrate the unique status of "Thriller" in Gold & Platinum history. What an exceptional achievement and testament to "Thriller"’s enduring spot in our hearts and musical history.”
Since this notice 5 years ago, "Thriller" has now sold in excess of three million additional copies and is officially certified 33X Platinum as of this date. Also, the same day which "Thriller" was certified 33X Platinum. #Thriller39

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 18 dicembre 2020, 11:28

Mourad Mesellaty
December 17, 2019.
#MichaelJackson‘s estate wins major court case
Michael Jackson‘s business partners lose their bid to grab a share of his assets after judge rejects claim the star promised them a stake in his company
A Los Angeles judge has rejected a claim by two of Michael Jackson‘s former business partners that the star had granted them shares in his company during a meeting in a Tokyo hotel room.
The singer‘s former publicist Raymone Bain and Quadree el-Amin, who managed the band Boyz II Men, claimed they had a verbal agreement with the Thriller star to hand over a small share in his company.
Both claimants said the star agreed to hand over 1.6 per cent each as well as the same share for a third person. A fourth member of the group was allegedly promised 10 per cent.
However, a judge ruled they had missed the filing deadline for the action and questioned the accuracy of their claim.
According to , the pair claimed to have met with Jackson on June 1, 2006 and the star made the offer to give them a share in his company because they had stood by him during his child molestation trial.
However, the judge ruled they could have lodged their claim while Jackson, who died in June 2009, was still alive.
Howard Weizman, who represents Jackson‘s estate, welcomed the court‘s decision. ( Source : Stock Daily Dish )

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 19 dicembre 2020, 7:20

March 6th,2001, #MichaelJackson will tell members
of the Oxford Union of the need for 'nurturing relationships' tonight when he delivers a lecture on child welfare to students.
A Union spokesperson says that Michael Jackson could expect a warm welcome on the campus. "Students here are very much looking forward to a lecture from Michael Jackson. He has done a great deal of valuable work within children's charities, and everyone recognises that he is a committed worker in that field."
At the time of the actual live speech the audience was the five hundred students, professors and guests that had physically attended.
Michael Jackson turned out to be the biggest draw in the Oxford Union's 178-year history. More than 20,000 people applied for
tickets, beating out the number of would-be attendees to lectures given over the decades”
Since the original date of the speech on the 6th of March, 2001, it has been freely and widely available online and now almost ten years after the actual event, people are still coming across it, reading, watching and listening to the words of Michael Jackson and spontaneously engaging in discussions about it.
I came across a forum addressing this speech, and one of the comments were, “We weren't shown that side of Michael enough.
It was always more in line with his extremism and opulent lifestyle...and, of course, the children.”

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 19 dicembre 2020, 15:49

December 20th, 2002. #MichaelJackson authorized to give an interview for Gold magazine with host Magdalena.
In this rare interview, Michael talked candidly to Magdalena, the Gold Girl, about fame, the burden of his childhood stardom, his view on the media, and his future in film. Here the interview content :
Magdalena “gold girl”: “Do you most see yourself as a musician, an entertainer or an entrepreneur?”
Michael Jackson: Probably all of the above, because I love entertaining and I always will love entertaining. I love becoming a slave to rhythm. Because dancing is about interpreting the sounds and accompaniments of the orchestra. You know, you become the sound, you become the bass, you become whatever you hear, and you do it bodily. But I try not to get so caught up in it all that you don’t think about your future. So many great entertainers have just been taken in the past, and they ended up lonely, sad and broken. I’ve always said to myself, I never want to be that way and I’m going to try my hardest to learn about the business side, support myself, invest my money, save. Who knows what tomorrow brings? You want to be protected financially so you can support yourself.
Magdalena “gold girl”: “Would you like to be remembered as a great entertainer?”
Michael Jackson: I love movies and I love art, and an architect is an entertainer, the guy who builds a rollercoaster is an entertainer. He knows where to build the slopes, and the big anticipation when you go up… He makes you go,’Oh my God!’ when you get to the top before you come down. It’s just the same as structuring a show or a dance.
Magdalena “gold girl”: “Does it ever become a burden to be one of the most recognized stars in the world?”
Michael Jackson: There’s nowhere in the world I can actually go and have privacy. The thing that hurts the most is the fact that your privacy is taken away from you. To use the silly expression, you live in a fishbowl, but it’s true. I do disguises… People know them all, it’s very hard, very hard.
Magdalena “gold girl”: “What kind of disguises?”
Michael Jackson: Bat suits, buck teeth, glasses, afros, prosthetics, make-up jobs, everything. Just to sit in the audience and experience it the way an audience would experience a show; I want to feel how they feel.
Magdalena “gold girl”: “Do they find you out?”
Michael Jackson: Sometimes, yes. In the beginning, no. Then they start looking me in the eyes. I put these things on and then they start looking behind the glasses… Girls are very smart, you know. You can trick a guy quicker than you can trick a girl. Women can just pick it up. They know the way you move your body, the way you walk, the way you gesture. I hear them go,’Look at the way he moves his hand’, or ‘ Look at the way he was walking’, and I think,’ Oh no.
Magdalena “gold girl”: “If You were invisible for a day in London, what would you do?”
Michael Jackson: Oh boy. Who would I like to slap? Let me see {laughs}… I think I’d find one of the tabloid paparazzis and kick his ass , moonwalk style. I’d really like to knock them off one of those little scooters they ride around on, I really would, knock the cameras right out of their hands. They’re so anoying. I’d go for them first, yeah. They drive you nuts. You can’t get away from them. It’s terrible.
Magdalena “gold girl”: “Who has inspired you the most professionally, and who do you relate to?”
Michael Jackson: Probably Walt Disney; because when I was little I grew up in an adult world. I grew up on stage. I grew up in night clubs. When I was seven, eight years old I was in nightclubs. I saw striptease girls take off all their clothes. I saw fights break out. I saw people throw up on each other. I saw adults act like pigs. That’s why to this day I hate clubs. I don’t like going to clubs, I did that already, I’ve been there. That’s why I compensate now for what I didn’t do then. So when you come to my house, you’ll see I have rides, I have a movie theatre, I have animals. I love animals elephants and giraffes and lions and tigers and bears, all kinds of snakes. I get to do all those wonderful things that I didn’t get to do when I was little, because we didn’t have those things. We didn’t have Christmas. We didn’t have sleepovers. We didn’t have school, we had private school when we were touring. I didn’t go to a state school. We tried it for two weeks and it didn’t work. It was very difficult. It’s hard growing up a celebrity child. Very few make that transition from child star to adult star. It’s very difficult. I relate to Shirley Temple. I met her in San Francisco and I sat at her table and I cried so bad. She said,’What’s wrong Michael?’ I said,’I love you. I need to be around you more.’ She goes,’You’re one of us, aren’t you?’ and I said ‘Yes, I am.’ Somebody else said,’What do you mean?’ and she said,’Michael knows what I mean.’ And I know exactly what she meant, to have been there as a child star and to have graduated to have succeeded in making that transition to fame as an adult is very difficult. When you’re a child star people don’t want you to grow up. They want you to stay little for ever. They don’t want you to work afterwards. It’s very hard.
Magdalena “gold girl”: “Tell me more about your interests in theme parks, what is it about them that interests you?”
Michael Jackson: My favourite thing about theme parks, and I have a pretty good outlook on it because I’ve travelled the world many times over — is I love seeing people simply come together with their families and have fun. It really does bring them closer together. I go for fun, but I also go to study. I go after hours to most parks because I can’t go in the regular hours. They’re kind of like a ghost town.
Magdalena “gold girl”: “I hear you have some ideas for a theme park in Las Vegas?”
Michael Jackson: I’ve done many projects in Las Vegas, and what I think I’ve done is I’ve widend the demographic there. Because when I was a little kid, I was no more than eight years old, my brothers and I would go to Las Vegas, and at that time kids weren’t even allowed to walk on a casino floor. So we used to stay up in our rooms, bored, with nothing to do while everyone else gambled. There was only one place for kids in Vegas at the time, called Circus Circus. It was a hotel and the theme they had there was clowns, So there was a trapease man and there were chimps doing the little unicycles. When I got older we played Vegas a lot, we performed there many, many times, and I thought about it and I said,’It’s really not fair that there’s nothing here for children,’ so I started to conceive a couple of ideas for certain hotel owners. And now it’s like the family-themed vacation kingdom, it really is.
Magdalena “gold girl”: “Who are your favourite people?”
Michael Jackson: I love people who have really contributed to the pleasure and hapiness of the planet and mankind, people with light, from Walt Disney to Ghandi to Edison to Martin Luther King. These are people with light, people who really cared about children, bringing families together, and love. That’s what I try to say in my music and in my songs. If you go to one of my concerts, my shows, you will see 200,000 people swaying, holding candles, saying,’We want to heal the world,’ and ‘We love you.’ I’ve seen it around the world from Russia to Germany to Poland to Africa to America. We’re all the same. People cry in the same places in the show. They get angry in the same places in the show, they get the pathos in the same places.
Magdalena “gold girl”: “Was Fred Astaire your friend?”
Michael Jackson: Yes. Fred Astaire was my neighbour. I used to see him every day when I was riding my little motorscooter. He always told me, he would always say when I was a little kid,’You’re gonna be a big star.’ He told me that he thought I was an incredible entertainer and a great mover. And he always used to say,’You’re the best,’ and I’d say,’No, you’re the best.’ I remember the first time I did the moonwalk. Fred called me at home. He was screaming on the phone, raving. He said it was the best performance he’d ever seen. I said,’Oh, come on.’ He said,’Michael, you put them on their ass.You’re a hell of a mover. You’re a hell of a dancer.’ I said,’Well, coming from you, I don’t need any awards.’ Because I was nominated for an Emmy for that performance, and I didn’t get it, but it didn’t matter to me because Fred Astaire said he loved my performance, and that’s all the award I needed.
Magdalena “gold girl”: “If you could work with anyone, alive or dead, who would that be?”
Michael Jackson: If I could work with anybody it would be Charlie Chaplin, who I love so much. Also, Laurence oliver was a genius, really. Those two guys, I think. And also the king, Brando.
Magdalena “gold girl”: “Last year you put together a short film, You Rock My World, with the assistence of Marlon Brando. What was it like working with the master?”
Michael Jackson: Brando is a good friend of mine. He’s very much like me. He doesn’t go many places. He comes to Neverland or he stays in my house in Mulholland Drive, or he goes to Tahiti. His son worked for me for more than 20 years, and his other son was in my class in private school. He’s just a giant. You see, Brando’s smart, because when he works with me he always says,’I know what buttons to push to get emotion from you.’ He knows me so well. He knows how to get me ticked off, so he’ll say certain things to get me really geared up. He’s a genius. He’s a king. He’s the last of that generation. He’s a brilliant man, a lovely person. I love him and he’s my good friend.
Magdalena “gold girl”: “You had a cameo in Men In Black II, was that fun to work on?”
Michael Jackson: The Men In Black project really was a lot of fun because I introduced myself as the new guy.
Magdalena “gold girl”: “It was obvious from the video of Thriller that you have a great interest in the visual arts.”
Michael Jackson: Everything I do I like either to direct myself, or work closely with the director, we co-direct and come up with the ideas together. If you look at Ghosts, it says co-written by Michael Jackson and Stephen King. We wrote it on the telephone, Stephen and I, he’s a lovely guy, he’s amazing. We wrote it on the phone, just talking together.
Magdalena “gold girl”: “Who are the figures in the movie business you most admire, and why?”
Michael Jackson: I just love Robert De Niro. I think he’s such a multi-faceted actor. He can play anything from a comedian to a preist to a psychopathic killer to an idiot to a charming uncle to just anything. And of course, any of the great dancers.
Magdalena “gold girl”: “Who would be your ideal leading lady, and why?”
Michael Jackson: An actress? {laughs} You and I should do a film together. Let’s do it, I’d love that…
Magdalena “gold girl”: “There was talk of you going to the moon to perform an authentic moonwalk here. Is there any truth in this?”
Michael Jackson: {laughs} There is some truth in it. It’s not a rumour. I’ll just say that.
Magdalena “gold girl”: “You outbid Paul McCartney for the Beatles archive. What was so special about it?”
Michael Jackson: No, I didn’t, he didn’t bid for it. It was for sale and I liked it and I bought it, like buying a piece of art.
Magdalena “gold girl”: “Tell me more about your passion for children’s charities. Which organizations do you support?”
Michael Jackson: Well, I have a charity for kids that I created myself, called Heal the World. And whenever I do a concert or anything pertaining to entertainment, I give a certain amount to Heal the World, you know orphanages, hospitals, kids who need a lung or a liver, we’ll find it, we’ll pay for the surgery. On tour, I do as many hospitals and orphanages as I do concerts. We go to 12-years-olds and we take boxes and boxes and boxes of toys, a bunch of Michael Jackson posters and paraphernalia. They love it.
Magdalena “gold girl”: “How much more do you feel you want to achieve in your life?”
Michael Jackson: I’m never satisfied. There are so many different avenues and so many different things that I want to do. I’ve done a lot, but I don’t think it’s enough, which is why I don’t put up any awards or anything in my house. You won’t see any awards in my house, I put them all away in storage. Because if you get caught up in that, you start to feel like,’Oh, man, I did it.’ There’s so much more, so many more mountains to climb.
Magdalena “gold girl”: “If one of your children came to you and said,’Dad, I want to be a pop star,’ what’s the best advise you could give them?”
Michael Jackson: The best advise that I would give them is it’s a lot of hard work, and be propared, because it’s not all joy all the time. And that you’ve got to have rhinoceros skin, because the bigger the star, the bigger the target. The tabloid press are bastards, and you’ve got to have rhinoceros skin to deal with that kind of ignorance mentality. They do it simply to sell papers, because bad news sell, not good news. They simply make it up. If they don’t have anything, they just make it up. I’m nothing like the way the tabloids have painted me out to be, nothing. Nothing like that. They’re the ones who are crazy. They’re ignorant. I always say to my fans ‘Let’s have a tabloid burning. Let’s make a big mountain out of tabloids and just burn them.’ The real fans who love me know that garbage isn’t true. They know. They’re smart.
Magdalena “gold girl”: “Have you always wanted to do film? If your family had not been such successful musicians, would you have turned to it earlier in your life?”
Michael Jackson: I’ve always wanted to do film, but the tours got in the way. That’s why I want to take several years off just doing film. I’d like to get six great movies behind me, and then I’ll do a little bit of touring, then I’ll do more filming.
Magdalena “gold girl”: “What kind of ideas do you have for film?”
Michael Jackson: I have ideas for film and movement and dance and things that people have never seen. I can’t wait to just surprise people. That’s why I’ve been dying to start a film production company, and I’m very excited that that’s what we’re doing with Neverland Pictures. I get to just have a clean slate and play and create and sculpt.
Magdalena “gold girl”: “Tell me a little bit about the werewolf idea in your films, and how does it relate to video?”
Michael Jackson: I haven’t read the script yet for Wolfed, it’s one of the movies that we’re going to be making and I’m really excited about it. I’m so happy to be working with Sammy Lee {the co-writer of Music Box, who recently acquired ‘first look’ rights to Jackson’s films}. We’re doing some great projects together in film, and I’m really excited.
Magdalena “gold girl”: “And Wolfed will be the first film?”
Michael Jackson: As of now, our schedule says that Wolfed will be the first film. That’s going to be fun. I want it to be really scary. Rick Baker wants to do all the visual effects. He has seven Academy awards. Rick is very excited about it too, he did American Werewolf in London. He won an Oscar, and he said,’Michael, that was nothing.’ That’s nothing compared to what he can do today. And he did Thriller and he said of that,’It’s nothing’. He can go way beyond that. He did all the Eddie Murphy films, Clumps and Nutty Professor and all that Men In Black stuff too. He does all that.
Magdalena “gold girl”: “So tell me how you would like to be remembered?”
Michael Jackson: How would I like to be remembered? As a person who came and brought light to the world, some escapism. Also as the voice for the voiceless children, because I love them. I’m living for the children. If it weren’t for the kids, I would throw in the towel. A baby, a child, now that’s amazing. They’re little geniuses, you know, little geniuses. They really are.
Magdalena “gold girl”: “Do you enjoy being a father?”
Michael Jackson: It’s my favourite thing. I love it. I love it. I love it.
Magdalena “gold girl”: “The other day I saw you pick up your daughter when she was sleeping. You just picked her up, and I could see the joy in your face…”
Michael Jackson: Oh, I love them. The Jacksons have a lot of kids. I have a lot of nephews and nieces. There’s a lot of us!
Magdalena “gold girl”: “What is your relationship with your brothers and sisters?”
Michael Jackson: I love my brothers and sisters. When I’m with them we laugh. It’s like a different version of yourself. We can just laugh and giggle and talk about old times. We’re not together as much as we’d like to be. We’re all busy. We’re all in showbusiness. We’re always doing something. If I’m in town, Janet’s out of town. If we’re both here, my brother’s somewhere else. Everybody’s running around, you know.
Magdalena “gold girl”: “Are you a family man? What do you like doing with your family?”
Michael Jackson: My personal family? My Children? We love just sitting together, talking, shooting the breeze. We sit by the lake. I take the for a walk every day at my house. We sit by the lake and we throw rocks in the water and we just talk.
Magdalena “gold girl”: “What do you think is the deepest form of love someone can feel? And have you felt it?”
Michael Jackson: Wow, I think that’s really a matter of opinion. Have I felt the deepest form of love? I don’t know what would be the deepest… {long pause} and interesting question… {repeats question a few times}. I love my children very, very much, and I always look in their eyes and tell them that, I think that’s the most important thing.
Source : Gold Magazine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 dicembre 2020, 19:45

December 21, 2001. #MichaelJackson made a surprise visit on stage at the "KIIS-FM, Jingle Ball" concert hosted by Rick Dees and his co-presenter Magic Johnson, at Staples Center, Los Angeles, California, where he was presented with the "Legend Award" to celebrate his contribution to the music industry. Michael stated to the Staples Center with an audience of 16,000 people " To the public, to the fans, I love you from the bottom of my heart,". Michael Jackson said after thanking his hosts. "Merry Christmas." After his exit,
a "Mi-chael" chant began from the audience.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 23 dicembre 2020, 8:15

December 22th,1993. #MichaelJackson took to the airwaves in his own defense and responded to events for the first time via satellite. It's the first time Michael gave a personal statement on TV. CNN, CBS, NBC and ABC. All medias carried his statement broadcast live from his Neverland Valley Ranch.
In the summer of 1993, Los Angeles dentist and screenwriter Evan Chandler publicly accused Michael Jackson of sexually abusing his 13-year-old son, Jordan Christopher "Jordy" Chandler. Case files state that the relationship between Michael Jackson and Jordan Chandler began in February 1993.
On August 21, a search warrant was issued, allowing police to search Neverland Ranch. Police questioned thirty children who were friends of Michael Jackson; all stated that he was not a child molester.
On the day the allegations were made public, August 24, 1993, as the third leg of Michael Jackson's #DangerousWorldTour began, news of the allegations broke to the public and received worldwide media attention. Michael Jackson canceled the remainder of the tour citing health problems arising from the scandal. The allegations affected Jackson's public image and commercial standing, and several endorsement deals were canceled, including Jackson's decade-long Pepsi endorsement.
Here the full statement...
"I am doing well and I am strong. As you may already know, after my tour ended, I remained out of the country undergoing treatment for a dependency on pain medication. This medication was initially prescribed to ease the excruciating pain that I was suffering after reconstruction surgery on my scalp.
There have been many disgusting statements made recently concerning allegations of improper conduct on my part. These statements about me are totally false.
As I have maintained from the very beginning, I am hoping for a speedy end to the horrifying, horrifying experience to which I have been subjected. I shall not in this statement talk about the false allegations that have been made against me, since my lawyers have advised me that this is not the proper forum in which to do that. I will say that I am particularly upset at the handling of this matter by the incredible, terrible mass media. At every opportunity, the media has dissected and manipulated these allegations to reach their own conclusions. I ask all of you to wait to hear the truth before you label or condemn me. Don’t treat me like a criminal, ’cause I am innocent.
I have been forced to submit to a dehumanizing and humiliating examination by the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Department and the Los Angeles Police Department earlier this week. They served a search warrant on me, which allowed them to view and photograph my body including my penis, my buttocks, my lower torso, thighs, and any other area that they wanted. They were supposed to be looking for any discoloration, spotting, blemishes or any other evidence of a skin disorder called Vitiligo that I have previously spoken about.
The warrant also directed me to cooperate in any examination of my body by deposition to determine the condition of my skin including whether I had Vitiligo or any other skin disorder. The warrant further states that I had no right to refuse this examination or photographs, and if I failed to cooperate with them they would introduce that refusal at any trial as an indication of my guilt.
It was the most humiliating ordeal of my life, one that no person should ever have to suffer. Even after experiencing the indignity of this search, the parties involved were still not satisfied. They wanted to take even more pictures. It was a nightmare, a horrifying nightmare, but if this is what I have to endure to prove my innocence, my complete innocence, so be it.
Throughout my life I have only tried to help thousands upon thousands of children to live happy lives. I am not guilty of these allegations, but if I am guilty of anything it is of giving all that I have to give to help children all over the world; it is of loving children of all ages and races, it is of gaining sheer joy from seeing children with their innocent and smiling faces, it is of enjoying through them the childhood that I missed myself. If I am guilty of anything, it is of believing what God said about children: “Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not for this is the Kingdom of heaven.” In no way do I think that I am God but I do try to be God-like in my heart.
I am totally innocent of any wrongdoing and I know these terrible allegations will all be proven false. Again, to my friends and fans, thank you very much for all of your support.
Together, we will see this through to the very end. I love you very much and may God bless you all. I love you. Good-bye."

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 27 dicembre 2020, 19:37

December 27, 1992. #MichaelJackson spent two days at the Huis Ten Bosch amusement park in Nagasaki with Taj, Taryll and TJ, while in Tokyo, Japan, during his #DangerousWorldTour. Michael and his nephews stayed in the Royal Guest House, a building very close to the Hotel d'Europe, one of the luxury hotels in the park. They occupied a suite on the top floor of the house, located on the banks of a canal. This allowed them to go out directly by boat and discover the park under the eyes of visitors and fans who were waiting for him.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 30 dicembre 2020, 10:05

December 30th, 2005. #MichaelJackson visited Seef Mall in Bahrain where he attended to see 'Harry Potter' in a cinema theatre. Some fans recognized him in the mall and signed autographs

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 30 dicembre 2020, 20:27

30 December 2006, Michael attends James Brown's funeral. Among guests, including Rev Al Sharpton, Dick Gregory and Jesse Jackson, Michael made a very touching tribute and eulogy - straight from the heart, knowing how much of an influence he's had over him. Check out the tribute from Michael:-
"James Brown is my greatest inspiration. Ever since I was a small child, no more than like 6 years old, my mother would wake me, no matter what time it was, if I was sleeping, no matter what I was doing, to watch the television to see the master at work. And when I saw him move, I was mesmerized. I’ve never seen a performer perform like James Brown. And right then and there, I knew that was exactly what I wanted to do for the rest of my life because of James Brown. I love you … James Brown, I shall miss you and I love you so much. And thank you for everything. God bless you."

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 3 gennaio 2021, 12:48

December 1st, 1997. #MichaelJackson arrived in the afternoon to Hawaii to launch the second leg of the #HistoryWorldTour. Michael Jackson caused a media frenzy, not only at Aloha Stadium, but also in Waikiki, where he stayed. Thursday night, those who worked at the Hilton Hawaiian Village back in 1997 remember him. Hotel employees say he was a gracious guest, very quiet and humble, and fan reaction to Michael Jackson was something unlike they'd seen before or since.
He embraced Hawaii and its aloha spirit. Michael Jackson soaked it all in at the Hilton Hawaiian Village..."We never had this kinds of crowds because most of the time it's kept quieter but it was almost like a p.r. (public relations) event at the time," said Lora Gallagher, marketing director for the Hilton Hawaiian Village.
Lani Bjork was head of security when Jackson stayed here 12 years ago..."For us we wanted to give him a sense of aloha, so we received him with our village guard," she said. "He arrived with our little keiki dancers, and he walked through our lobby among our guests who created that wonderful soft barricade."
Despite hosting countless dignitaries, officials, and celebrities, hotel employees witnessed a rare moment with Michael Jackson..."In this case the only other person we brought in like that would be former president Clinton where's he's like the people's president and he would walk right through the lobby," said Bjork.
Michael Jackson stayed at the Mahele Suite on the 14th floor. Fans would camp out below his window, hoping for a glimpse.
"We had customers on property day and night," said Bjork. "He came out to the lanai to wave to them and you could hear that wave of Michael, Michael, throughout the evening."
Hotel employees didn't really know what to expect from the "king of pop," but through their interaction, learned to appreciate him not only as an artist, but as a person.
"I thought that from all the things we had heard about Michael, that he was a very gracious guest," said Bjork. "And I appreciated what he was able to give back to the hotel."
A hotel that is the last and final place Jackson stayed in while visiting Hawaii...I wouldn't say I was a big fan but it's always sad to hear people pass away like that," said Gallagher.
Finally employees said Michael Jackson would go out of his way to help people, even making imprints of his feet in the sand for a charity auction. #MJHumanitarian

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 gennaio 2021, 7:09

On April 24, 2002, #MichaelJackson performed at a fund-raiser at "Apollo Theater" in Harlem, New York for the "Democratic National Committee", to launch a campaign aimed at persuading United States citizens to register and where nearly 3 million dollars are collected for the voting registration. Michael Jackson performed "Dangerous", "Black Or White" and "Heal The World" (joined by Diana Ross) at the said event called "A Night At The Apollo", the King Of Pop sharing the stage with former president Bill Clinton and singers Tony Bennett and K. D. Lang. The money would be used for the then new "Every Vote Counts" campaign, the committee said. The 1'400 audience members paid up to 5,000 dollars each to see the array of stars.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 gennaio 2021, 19:53

January 13, 2006. #MichaelJackon
was invited by the Al Gosaibi family in Bahrain, to their wedding celebrations and he surprised everyone by showing up at the marriage ceremony.
Michael watched the traditional Arabic wedding from the sidelines after politely declining to be seated nearer to the stage where the newly weds were seated and musicians performing.
The guests were urged not to photograph Michael. His appearances at various public gatherings are on the rise "as he feels closer to the people who have welcomed him graciously".
Only Lebanese superstar Ragheb Alama who was one of the lead singers at the ceremony had his picture taken with Michael Jackson.
Michael, Grace Rwaramba & the kids have now moved into a mansion in Sanad, about 10km south of Manama. Michael first lived in a palace upon his arrival. Now, he has moved into a mansion in Sanad. Reports have Michael planning to move to yet another mansion, keeping the Sanad home for visiting relatives and friends. He wanted his mansion to be by the sea, something that the Sanad residence does not offer.
Michael now wished to lead a normal life, far from the eyes of the media that have followed him since his childhood. He did not want to be misquoted or falsely portrayed and he wanted to make sure that his children are not under public pressure.
Michael Jackson reportedly told his entourage that he was feeling increasingly Bahraini, and will be consulting for AAJ Holdings, the company owned by businessman Ahmad Abu Bakr Jahahi. The company plans to set up an amusement park and an entertainment academy in Oman's Blue City.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 15 gennaio 2021, 20:02

January 14, 1992. "Remember The Time" the second single from #MichaelJackson's eighth studio album, Dangerous was released by Epic Records.
For the genese of the song, it was written and composed by Teddy Riley, Michael Jackson and Bernard Belle, and produced by Riley and Jackson and was recorded at Record One Studios on February 1991. Originally, Michael Jackson dedicated the song to Diana Ross.
Teddy Riley recalls recording of Remember the Time... “So we went back and started the song from the beginning and I watched Michael sing each note and harmony, double it, triple it and then maybe quadruple…each time singing it perfectly, vibratos perfectly matched, perfectly in tune, rhythmically dead on, knowing exactly what he wanted to do the whole time. We were done with all the hooks faster than if I’d flown them in. Flawless. That was day one.”
A nine-minute music video marketed as a "short film" was released for the song and was filmed in January 1992 at the Universal Studios Hollywood backlot. Prior to the release of the video, Michael Jackson's record label promoted it by releasing clips, as well as releasing behind the scenes clips of making the video. Directed by John Singleton and choreographed by Fatima Robinson, the video was an elaborate production and became one of Michael Jackson's longest videos as "Thriller" or "Smooth Criminal".
The short film premiered on ABC, NBC and Fox and Black Entertainment Television on February 2, 1992. After the video premiered on MTV, the channel aired a "rockumentary" called "More Dangerous Than Ever" which included glimpses of the making of the video. Michael Jackson's record label would not release the video's budget figures...Like in 1983 with "Thriller" !
The music video was generally well received by music critics. Ira Robbins of Entertainment Weekly described the "Remember the Time" video as being a "gorgeous ancient Egyptian extravaganza"
"Remember the Time" peaked at number three on the Billboard Hot 100 on March 7, 1992, five weeks after the single release. It was also certified Gold by the Recording Industry Association of America for the shipment of over 500,000 units in the United States in March 1992.
The song saw similar commercial success internationally, charting in the top 20 in all major territories at the time of its release. In the United Kingdom, "Remember the Time" first entered the chart on February 15, 1992, placing at number six.
The following week, on February 22, the song charted at number three, where it peaked, the song remained on the charts for a total of eight weeks.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 16 gennaio 2021, 7:31

#OnThisDay January 15, 2003. #MichaelJackson paid his last respects to Bee Gee's Maurice Gibb. Michael is one of the bereaved where a service is being held at Riverside Funeral Chapel, Miami Beach, Florida by Maurice Gibb, who passed away on January 12. An hour after the official funeral, Barry and Michael went to the casket to honor Maurice for the last time . Michael entered quickly to pay his last respects to his beloved and long time friend. (R.I.P)

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 17 gennaio 2021, 6:42

January 16, 2004. #MichaelJackson pleaded not guilty Friday to seven felony counts of child molestation, then went outside and climbed to the roof of his SUV, clapped his hands, stamped his feet and blew kisses to his frenzied fans massed outside the Santa Barbara County Courthouse.
The 45-year-old singer arrived 20 minutes late for his arraignment, a lapse that prompted Superior Court Judge Rodney Melville to reprimand him.
"Mr. Jackson, you started off on the wrong foot with me," the judge said, adding that he expected the singer to arrive on time for future appearances. When lead attorney Mark Geragos attempted to offer an excuse, Melville interrupted him..."I don't want to hear it," the judge said.
Melville then asked Michael Jackson how he pleaded to all the charges, which also include two counts of supplying an intoxicating agent to a child under 14. "Not guilty," Michael Jackson said in a low voice.
Before Michael Jackson's arrival, the 60 fans who had won courtroom seats in a lottery cheered each time one of Jackson's relatives entered, flouting courtroom protocol.
But once the proceeding began, the judge left no doubt about who was in charge. When Geragos told the judge that a new member of Michael Jackson's defense team, Benjamin Brafman had applied for permission to practice in California, and asked if it would be acceptable for the New York lawyer to address the court, the judge said no.
When Geragos attempted to persuade Melville to change the February 13 date set by the judge for the preliminary hearing, Melville also turned him down..."You have plenty of lawyers to help you out," the judge said.
Melville was also stern with the prosecution. When District Attorney Tom Sneddon rose to speak as the judge and Geragos discussed a point, he was stopped before he had a chance..."Did you file a brief in this matter?" Melville asked.
When Sneddon acknowledged that he had not, the judge responded, "I expect you to file a response if you want to be heard." At that, Sneddon returned to his seat.
The point in question involved Geragos' opposition to making public the contents of the search warrant, which includes an 80-page affidavit, that was used to secure permission to search Michael Jackson's Neverland ranch November 18.
CNN is one of a number of news organizations that have argued the warrant should be made public on First Amendment grounds.
Later, Sneddon urged that the court impose a gag order to keep lawyers from talking to the news media.
When Geragos argued that he needed to be allowed to respond to rumors, Melville urged the lawyer to meet with the prosecutors and together suggest language he could include in his order to identify the kinds of rumors that would merit a response.
Later Friday, the judge issued a protective order, forbidding attorneys in the case, witnesses and possible witnesses, and court and law enforcement employees to speak about any possible statements by the defendant or other witnesses, to discuss any evidence, and to comment on the value and effect of any evidence.
The order is not as restrictive as requested by the district attorney. Those connected with the case may talk publicly only about the official charges against Michael Jackson, the time and place of arrest, and Michael Jackson's "name, age, residence, occupation and family status."
All parties expressed concern about how five videotapes and two audiocassettes currently under seal would be entered into evidence. It was not clear where the tapes came from or what they contained.
After the two-and-a-half-hour proceeding, Michael Jackson left out the building's front door. Then, wearing aviator-style sunglasses and shielded from the sun by an umbrella held by an aide.
Michael Jackson, surrounded by his entourage of family and retinue of lawyers and bodyguards, walked to a cyclone fence, where he stopped and waved to supporters on the other side.
As he reached his black SUV, he hoisted himself to its roof, where he appeared energized by the crowd's adulation. Two cameramen joined him, videotaping the throng.
The crowd, including fans who had traveled from Norway and France, let out a roar of approval, screaming and jumping in attempts to get a glimpse of the star.
The mobs of banner-toting fans, hawkers and news people also had cheered when Michael Jackson arrived on the clear, warm day.
Wearing a white shirt and a dark suit, a white armband wrapped around his right sleeve, he made his way slowly from the SUV toward the courthouse. Asked by one person what he thought about the crowd, Michael Jackson said, "I love it. I love it."
Many in the crowd carried banners proclaiming the singer as the "King of Love" and declaring "Michael Jackson is innocent."
"1,000 percent innocent," said another, echoing a phrase his brother, Jermaine, had used in news media interviews.
Buses in a "Caravan of Love" had brought supporters from Los Angeles, 170 miles away, and Las Vegas, Nevada, more than 300 miles away. The festive atmosphere outside the courthouse was one of a tailgate party.
Members of the Nation of Islam provided security alongside the police. Reporters from a number of countries, including Japan, Britain, Germany and Australia.
Afterward, Brafman said Michael Jackson's decision to climb to the SUV's rooftop was made on the spur of the moment..."This was a spontaneous love outpouring on both sides," he told CNN. "This was not planned. ... I think the outpouring of love for Michael Jackson is universal. ... I think it's an unprecedented outpouring of love."
Geragos said he is pleased with the singer's legal team..."We work well together, we like each other and I think the results will show that."
He said he regretted that his client arrived in the courtroom late and vowed to ensure it will not happen again. Asked if the judge might be offended about Michael Jackson's use of the SUV roof as a stage, Brafman said, "He's Michael Jackson. He's an entertainer. He's not by profession a defendant in a criminal case. There is no rule book for how Michael Jackson, an entertainer, performs."
As he spoke, Michael Jackson seated behind his mother in the rear of the SUV was driven off, still waving, toward Neverland.
There, Michael Jackson played host to a party for hundreds of supporters, some of whom had assembled outside the courthouse before sunrise.
During the arraignment, Michael Jackson's assistants passed out invitations to fans that read: "In the spirit of love and togetherness Michael Jackson would like to invite his fans and supporters to his Neverland ranch. Please join us January 16, 2004, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Refreshments will be served. We'll see you there!"
Shortly before 2 p.m., traffic to the ranch was backed up more than two miles. The festivities appeared to end after 5 p.m.
One fan who attended the party said it was a dream come true.
"It was an amazing experience, there were hundreds of fans there," she said. "I just think it was really great that Michael Jackson realizes that it's a dream of his fans to come to Neverland."
Michael Jackson was formally charged in December. Prosecutors allege the offenses happened nearly a year ago. Michael Jackson maintained his innocence and remains free on $3 million bail pending the arraignment. #MJisInnocent

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 gennaio 2021, 7:16

January 19th, 1993. The day after the preinaugural celebration of then incoming President Bill Clinton held at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C, “An American Reunion: The 52nd Presidential Inaugural Gala” took place at the US Air Arena in Landover, Maryland.
#MichaelJackson first addressed President elect Clinton on the need for and importance of increased funding for AIDS cure research, then sings “Gone Too Soon” - in memory of his friend, late activist, Ryan White, and “Heal The World”, accompanied by a large group of children.
He dedicated the song to "all the children of the world". He then joined the other performers at the event, including Barbra Streisand, Aretha Franklin, Chuck Berry, Elton John and Barry Manilow, for a finale led by reunited music group, Fleetwood Mac, singing one of their songs, the optimistic “Don’t Stop (Thinking About Tomorrow)”, a song about living daily life in positivity, discarding past negativity.
Through the celebration of Dr. Martin Luther King Day this January, Michael Jackson was involved in the creation of a new version of the video for “Man In The Mirror” - “Portrait Of Change” - which was shown on MTV, with footage of the Presidential campaign and some of the areas needing the most changes: poverty, homelessness and the environment.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 gennaio 2021, 7:55

December 12, 1995. #MichaelJackson smiled and
gave his screaming, crying fans the peace sign as he walked out of the Beth Israel hospital today, nearly a week after collapsing from a virus. His illness forced cancellation of shows scheduled for Friday and Saturday at New York’s Beacon Theater, where he fell ill Wednesday afternoon while rehearsing. Portions of the shows had been planned for airing Sunday night to a worldwide audience of 250 million on the Home Box Office cable network.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 gennaio 2021, 7:45

January 22, 1985. "We Are The World" first night
of recording, had tight security on hand, as Lionel Richie, #MichaelJackson, Stevie Wonder, and Quincy Jones started work on the song at Kenny Rogers' Lion Share Recording Studio in Los Angeles.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 25 gennaio 2021, 8:20

OnThisDay January 22, 1985. "We Are The World" first night of recording, had tight security on hand, as Lionel Richie, #MichaelJackson, Stevie Wonder, and Quincy Jones started work on the song at Kenny Rogers' Lion Share Recording Studio.
The studio, on Beverly Boulevard in Los Angeles, was filled with musicians, technicians, video crews, retinue, assistants, and organizers as the musicians entered. Waiting for them with their instruments set up were the session musicians that Quincy Jones had hired to lay down the backing tracks: John "JR" Robinson on drums, Louis Johnson on bass, and pianist Greg Phillinganes. Lionel Richie sat down at the piano to teach everyone the song. When it was time to roll tape, JR cleared the room of non-musicians, and the backing tracks were recorded. After this, a vocal guide of "We Are the World" was recorded by Lionel Richie and Michael Jackson, mixed with the instrumental tracks, and duplicated on tape for each of the invited performers. The guide was recorded on the sixth take, as Quincy Jones felt that there was too much "thought" in the previous versions.
For the genese story about this anthem song, and the writing of
"We Are the World", American entertainer and social activist Harry Belafonte had thought for some time to have a song recorded by the most well-known artists in the music industry at the time. He planned to have the proceeds donated to a new organization called United Support of Artists for Africa (USA for Africa).
Entertainment manager and fellow fundraiser Ken Kragen was contacted by Belafonte, who asked for singers Lionel Richie and
Kenny Rogers (Kragen's clients) to participate in Belafonte's musical endeavor. Kragen and the two musicians agreed to help with Belafonte's mission, and in turn, enlisted the cooperation of Stevie Wonder, to add more "name value" to their project. Quincy Jones was drafted to co-produce the song, taking time out from his work on the film The Color Purple. Quincy Jones also telephoned Michael Jackson, who had just released the commercially successful Thriller album and had concluded the #VictoryTour with his brothers.
Michael Jackson revealed to Lionel Richie that he not only wanted to sing the song, but to participate in its writing as well. To begin with, "We Are the World" was to be written by Michael Jackson, Lionel Richie, and Stevie Wonder. As Stevie Wonder had limited time to work on the project, due to writing songs from the film The Woman in Red, Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie proceeded to write "We Are the World" themselves. They began creating the song at Hayvenhurst, the Jackson family home in Encino.
"In early 1985 we cut "We Are the World" at an all-night all-star recording session that was held after the ceremony for the American Music Awards. I wrote the song with Lionel Richie after seeing the appalling news footage of starving people in Ethiopia and Sudan.
Around that time, I used to ask my sister Janet to follow me into a room with interesting acoustics, like a closet of the bathroom, and I'd sing to her, just a note, a rhythm of a note. It wouldn't be a lyric or anything; I'd just hum from the bottom of my throat. I'd say, "Janet, what do you see? What do you see when you hear this sound?" And this time she said, "Dying children in Africa.
I think that "We Are the World" is a very spiritual song, but spiritual in a special sense. I was proud to be a part of that song and to be one of the musicians there that night. We were united by our desire to make a difference. It made the world a better place for us and it made a difference to the starving people we wanted to help." -
Michael Jackson.
For a week, the two spent every night working on lyrics and melodies in Jackson's bedroom. They knew that they wanted a song that would be easy to sing and memorable. The pair wanted to create an anthem. La Toya watched the two work on the song, and later contended that Richie only wrote a few lines for the track. She stated that her younger brother wrote 99% of the lyrics, "but he's never felt it necessary to say that".
Lionel Richie had recorded two melodies for "We Are the World", which Michael Jackson took, adding music and words to the song in the same day. Michael Jackson stated, "I love working quickly. I went ahead without even Lionel knowing, I couldn't wait. I went in and came out the same night with the song completed...drums, piano, strings, and words to the chorus." Michael Jackson then presented his demo to Richie and Jones, who were both shocked !
They did not expect Michael to see the structure of the song so quickly. The next meetings between Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie were unfruitful, the pair did not produce any additional vocals and got no work done. It was not until the night of January 21, 1985, that Lionel Richie and Michael Jackson completed the lyrics and melody of "We Are the World" within two and a half hours, one night before the song's first recording session.
On January 24, 1985, after a day of rest, Jones shipped Richie and Jackson's vocal guide to all of the artists who would be involved in "We Are the World"'s recording. Enclosed in the package was a letter from Jones, addressed to "My Fellow Artists"..."The cassettes are numbered, and I can't express how important it is not to let this material out of your hands. Please do not make copies, and return this cassette the night of the 28th. In the years to come, when your children ask, 'What did mommy and daddy do for the war against world famine?', you can say proudly, this was your contribution."
Next is history....

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 gennaio 2021, 7:36

January 25th, 1971. Almost two weeks before the Jackson 5 returned to Gary, Mayor of the City of Gary, Indiana, Richard Gordon Hatcher, honored Jackson 5 by issuing a proclamation changing the name of the street they had once lived on from "Jackson Street" to be "Jackson 5 Boulevard" for the week of January 25, 1971 though January 31, 1971, and encouraged citizens to give those young men a warm welcome back to Gary.
When the Jacksons landed in on January 31, they were presented with the new street signs in front of their old house at 2300 Jackson Street.
"On January 20, 1971, in Gary, Indiana, I, Mayor Richard Gordon Hatcher, issued the following proclamation:
By which Michael, Marlon, Jermaine, Tito, and Jackie Jackson were born and lived on Jackson Street in Gary, Indiana. .
As a result, the Jackson 5 have become the fastest-selling group in the history of the Motown Record Corporation.
For which, the Jackson 5 entered Billboard magazine (the bible of the music industry) as the number one group of 1970.
For which, the city of Gary is proud that these young people have reached the top of the music industry.
For which, this Administration wishes to officially recognize the Jackson 5 for the group's contribution to the youth of this country through its music and the example set by all its members.
For which, the Jackson 5 will return to Gary on January 31, 1971, to give a concert here for the first time since they achieved national fame.
Therefore, I, Richard Gordon Hatcher, Mayor of the City of Gary, solemnly proclaim Jackson Street as Jackson 5 Boulvevard during the week of January 25-31, 1971, and ask my fellow citizens to offer a warm welcome to when these young men return to Gary."

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 gennaio 2021, 7:57

January 24th, 2007. #MichaelJackson
is seen dining with casino mogul Steve Wynn in a private room at
Alex restaurant at the Wynn in Las Vegas, sparking speculation about his comeback.
This is a very interesting article for the entire period of 2007.
Michael Jackson talks about his new life in Las Vegas
and about his comeback.
The long awaited return of king of Pop status to Michael Jackson has begun. It was planned by a mysterious British magnat in the entertainment business who was behind the phenomenal success of Simon Cowell in 'American Idol' and David Beckhams $ 250 mega deal what eventually led his success in the USA.
I can only reveal that manager-producer Simon Fuller help a planned secret meeting in Las Vegas with MJ and the ЭМИ prize-winner producer-choreographer, Kenny Ortega, who along with MJ created his two previous enormous tours. By the way, on Sunday Kenny received his first The Directors Guild of America award for is great achievements in 'High School Musical' shot for Disney.
They called me to joined them at the dinner in a private room of the Chinese Steve Wynn's Wing Lei restaurant in the Wynn hotel and casino under the vigilant supervision of two bodyguards. It was Michaels fourth visit to prize-winner (Epicurean Award) restaurant since he moved to Las Vegas, after his 18 month long voluntary exile from the USA to Dubai and then Michael Flatley castle in Ireland.
Ironically, Michael who normally shuns cameras, was undetected just 100 feet away from the 200-strong media mob reporting on Paula Abdul's 'Woman of the Year' award and star-studded attendees. A bit later when I told Simon Cowell, who was also in Vegas for Paula's award, that his partner was just around the corner, he laughed and said, "Doing another one of his world-shaking mega-deals, I suppose."
As manager to international soccer-star David Beckham, Fuller, the extraordinary deal-maker, won him a five year $250-million contract -- the largest sports pay-package in history – to move with his 'Posh Spice' wife, Victoria Beckham, to Beverly Hills and play for the L.A. Galaxy Major League Soccer team. Incidentally that was Beckham, with Martha Stewart and LL Cool J, in one of the high-priced $2.5 million Superbowl ads on Sunday -- another coup for Simon Fuller launching Beckham's bid for American stardom.
Michael, who was looking well, relaxed and very happy told me, "I'm doing fine and am well and really enjoying myself in Vegas. It's a great place to call home." His handshake and voice were strong and firm. On Michael's pending Vegas show and return to pop royalty, Kenny added, "We're talking business and looking at lots of different possibilities. This is a blue-sky time with a lot of different scenarios up in the air. We're working through all of them to find the best – the one that makes the most sense that's good for everybody."
I was reliably told that if anybody could transform Michael into a box-office megastar all over again, it would be entertainment mogul Simon Fuller, "This is the perfect match: the world's biggest pop-star being looked after by the most successful mogul-manager in the world."
Fuller is often confused with Simon Cowell -- particularly as they are close friends and so intertwined with 'American Idol's' non-stop soaring success including #1 ratings in 21 different countries. Fuller though, is the brains behind its $1-billion haul from advertising, merchandise and music. He is said to have earned $60-million personally in 2003 alone and that's a figure that grows annually. In addition, he promotes and manages such 'American Idol' stars as Kelly Clarkson, Ruben Studdard and Clay Aiken in addition to being the longtime manager of Annie Lennox and the now solo careers of Emma 'Baby Spice' Bunton and Mrs. Beckham.
There's an incredibly unique tie-in with another Vegas connection for Michael. Fuller (seen here with Kenny and Michael) divides his time between London, Los Angeles, and the French Riviera, and is also said to have numerous growing investments in Lake Las Vegas real estate ventures with Cowell. But it's the megadeal he struck with American billionaire, Robert F X Sillerman, that's worth noting in all of this. Fuller's 19 Entertainment was purchased a year ago by Sillerman for a whopping $190 million and Fuller wound up a director of Sillerman's CKx and still running the 19 group. CKx is partnered with Cirque du Soleil in an upcoming Elvis Presley-themed show, planned for MGM's City Center. Sillerman, who owns licensing and merchandising rights to numerous celebrities and their estates, exploits the Presley estate with authority by both Priscilla Presley and Lisa Marie Presley who were in Vegas this weekend celebrating the King of Rock's daughter's 39th birthday!
As an added Vegas twist, Sillerman bought a 20percent stake in the Broadway version of Mel Brook's 'The Producers' which is opening a Vegas version of the musical with David Hasselhoff. It's easy to see that all of Michael's current financial asset entanglements could be unraveled and made whole by the Sillerman-Fuller brain-trust as super Svengalis – and then relaunch his career bigger and better than ever before.
First stop though for Michael, who will celebrate his 49th birthday on August 29 this year -- the same birth date as mine coincidentally -- is Japan. He'll fly from Vegas next month for two fan-appreciation events on March 8 and 9.
Says Michael, "Japan is one of my favorite places in the world and I am very grateful to my fans there who have always been my strongest supporters and have helped me achieve several historic milestones in my life." Some 300 VIPs, paying over $3300 each, will hold a meet and greet handshake photo-session with Michael on day one with general fans massing for a get-together on day two.
Michael, who last performed a concert in Madison Square Garden back in 2001, is not expected to perform while in Japan, although he has created charity fund-raising records and TV specials with large groups of other pop stars in the interim. Although he's had more than 12 #1 chart hits, the last was in 1995 and he hasn't toured since the mid- 1990s.
He remembered that the last time he and I had met was over breakfast as guests of Donald Trump at his Atlantic City Trump Plaza hotel. But this visit together was not the time or the place to discuss his self-imposed 18-month exile after the Santa Barbara acquittal of child molestation charges in 2005. Michael lived for a while in the oil-rich nation of Bahrain before moving onto Ireland as a longtime guest in the sprawling castle of 'Lord of the Dance' creator Michael Flatley.
Michael returned to the States six weeks ago on Christmas Eve, as Luxe Life reported here back on December 24. He moved into a home on the west side of Vegas near Sahara and within easy reach of the Strip. In addition to a long dinner with Steve Wynn, which resulted in speculation about a possible Jackson show there, Michael's also met several times with Vegas deal-maker Jack Wishna who said:, "Michael is poised to return to the top of the entertainment world soon. He is one of the greatest all-time entertainers in the world." Wishna is the businessman who engineered Trump's Vegas debut with the $2.8 billion Trump International Hotel Tower, which is nearing completion on the Strip near the New Frontier hotel across from Steve Wynn's resort hotel casino.
Michael was happy to discuss how he's been spending some of his first month in Vegas. He told me he enjoyed taking his children to see Lance Burton's magic show at the Monte Carlo. "I really love magic," he said. "I really liked his show. It's amazing and very enjoyable. I love getting caught up in the magic."
Protected by his own security and Monte Carlo security, Michael went in through a back security entrance rather than cause a scene with fans and sat in the lower mezzanine unnoticed in front of the sound booth – and just as the show was ending, he took off so the audience wouldn't be distracted from Lance's curtain calls.
Michael has only given one quick telephone interview since returning to Vegas although he did speak at the Atlanta funeral of the late soul singer James Brown. He confirmed officially to me a funny interview story about the Associated Press reporter covering the 'King of Pop's' return to the United States to live. The rules were that the reporter could not disclose his Vegas residency and was allowed only one question. When the AP reporter asked how Michael was and he answered that he was fine, that was considered the one question!
So for me, it was an honor to be invited into the inner sanctum. I found Michael relaxed and confident -- happy that the troubled past was getting put all behind him and happy that he's begun rebuilding his career again. "It's a whole new Michael here in Vegas," I was told. " He feels comfortable here. He loves being able to go out and basically not get hassled. He likes the restaurants here for the food but his favorites are the shows. I think he'll get to see every one of them over the next few months. It's the first time in a long time Michael is feeling less pressured and much at ease. He is ready to go to work again and is in a great space and a wonderful sense of mind."
To celebrate, this weekend Michael was out and about again -- enjoying The Beatles LOVE musical at the Mirage. After the late show, he visited the LOVE boutique to pick out some Beatles show souvenirs – and surprisingly even happily posed with fans for photos with his ever-watchful security agreeing to relax the normal rules for his safety. Then he went backstage to meet the cast and crew of the show congratulating them on their performances and thanking them for the spectacular show.
"They were in awe of him and he the same about all of them. He was very respectful and told them it was an incredible experience that he'd remember forever. I think he's going to bring his children into see it next," one of the company staffers told me.
For now though, the only public outing of his three children has been a visit to the Circus Circus where they were spotted on a visit to the hotel's attractions here on the Strip. Prince Michael I, Paris and Prince Michael II, also known by nickname Blanket, didn't even bother with disguises when they went on the amusement rides there -- naturally under the watchful eye of their nanny and Michael's team of bodyguards along with the Circus Circus security staffers.
Michael's friendship and professional relationship with director and choreographer Kenny Ortega dates back many years, and once again they are teaming up. "Be it a concert tour or a show staged from Vegas they'll tackle it together," said a friend. "They have complete trust in one another so it will be their project going forward."
The Emmy-winning 30-year career choreographer was responsible for the hit 'Dirty Dancing,' 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' and 'St. Elmo's Fire' movies. He also staged over his 20-year tour career world concerts for Michael, Barbra Streisand, Cher, The Pointer Sisters, KISS and Diana Ross. His choreography on Madonna's 'Material Girl' movie also won him awards. Currently Kenny, who created the live Sirens outdoor show spectacle at the Treasure Island, is in the early stages of a secret project being created for Steve Wynn's resort here and Luxe Life is sworn to secrecy! He will helm the follow-up sequel to 'High School Musical' being filmed in Utah this Spring.
With the triple-threat team in place for Michael's return, he's already started work on a new album. Some of the tracks have already been recorded at Flatley's Irish castle with the help of will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas. Don't be surprised if Michael and will are spotted when BEP plays the Orleans Arena during NBA All-Star weekend to work out the best way to finish the tracks they've selected to go with. Says will, "I'm a real fan of his. You get to work with just a couple of great people during your life who shed light on the Earth and Michael is one of them."
Michael, Simon and Kenny happily posed for our Luxe Life photos. I told them all that everybody was eagerly awaiting Michael's return to the limelight and that Vegas was delighted he now called our city his new home. " Its all going to be good, very good" said Michael, and Kenny added: "We're going to get it done and when it is you'll know it'll be the right way working out for the best for everybody involved."

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 27 gennaio 2021, 8:19

Mourad Mesellaty
@mesellatymourad

#OnThisDay January 25th, 1996. #MichaelJackson and @wingheart went to dinner at Motown Cafe in New York

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 28 gennaio 2021, 8:13

January 27, 1980
Michael Jackson, ‘Wiz’ sweep Image Awards
The Wiz copped six out of eight film awards at the 12th annual NAACP Image Awards in the Hollywood Palladium.
Michael Jackson (best film actor) accep 12th annual NAACP Image Awards ted the awards for absentees Quincy Jones and Charlie Small, best musical score; Lena Horne, best supporting actress; Nipsey Rusel, best supporting actor; and Rob Сohen, best produser. Sidney Lumet was chosen best director.
Michael and his brothers received the award for best vocal group
NAACP Image Awards is an award from the American cinema given annually since 1970 by the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People [NAACP, in Portuguese: National Association for People of Color Progress] for african Americans most influential film, TV and song of the year. Currently there are 35 categories.

Rispondi