On this day

Michael Jackson's news in English. Your updated reference for Michael Jackson's news in English language from all around the world. Rumors, gossip and true facts. And a lot of Michael Jackson's beautiful pictures.
Rispondi
soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Re: On this day

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 marzo 2022, 7:23

March 12, 2006. #MichaelJackson attended the official Formula One party in Manama where he meets DJ Whoo Kid. Whoo Kid spent a few days in the Gulf and is apparently still marked by his meeting with Michael Jackson:
I saw him drinking a glass of lemonade. Nobody told me he was here. I didn't think he could be here. I thought, "Damn! Michael Jackson, here, sipping lemonade!
I walked up to him and tried not to act like a groupie. But, in my head, I was going crazy. I said hello and he said he was fine, "Quiet"...actually he used the word "Quiet". I left. Everybody respects him there.
Whoo Kid has been on the radar of the Bahraini royal family since he was in charge of hosting their parties.
During his trip he also had the opportunity to dine with Sheikh Abdullah bin Hamad Al-Khalifa, John Legend and Michael Jackson. According to him, people did not dare to approach the King of Pop, so there was an empty seat near him during the meal.
At the end of the races, Michael Jackson, who had laughed at several of Whoo Kid's jokes during the day, asked him to sit next to him:
"Whoo Kid, come over here!" he told me. He was supposed to stay 45 minutes, he spent 5 hours with us. We talked about Eminem: "Is it true that he retired?" he asked me. I had forgotten that Eminem had made fun of him in his video Just Lose It. But Michael didn't even bring that up. He then told me about 50 Cent.
Michael Jackson reportedly told Whoo Kid that he would like to work with 50 Cent and Kanye West on his new album. The DJ managed to arrange a phone conversation between Michael Jackson and 50 Cent a little later.
During the dinner, Whoo Kid acted as a coach for Michael Jackson:
"They served us lamb, and Mike was only eating funny vegetables. I told him he better eat some of that fucking meat. I kept saying 'fuck'... The prince got all big-eyed and reminded me that you can't talk to Mike like that. (...) I got him to say some bad words. I advised him to cut his hair, buy a million dollar watch and get rid of his entire wardrobe from space. He told me he needed a new look and that he was working out."
Whoo Kid, who wants to become the ambassador of music in Bahrain, dreams of working on one of his mixtapes with the King of Pop.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 marzo 2022, 7:08

March 19, 1988. Originally named Zaca Laderas Ranch, the estate was renamed Sycamore Valley Ranch shortly after it was purchased by property developer William Bone in 1981, the ranch was sold today to Michael Jackson who renamed it after Neverland Ranch. On December 18, 1987 an offer for $17 million turned out to be a success. John Branca, who always made all the contracts on behalf of Michael Jackson began preparing all the documents and closed the negotiations in late December 1987. An offer to purchase the ranch and the sale was signed on February 28th, 1988.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 marzo 2022, 9:38

March 20th, 1999. #MichaelJackson appeared on
the German TV Show 'Wetten Dass' to announce his plans to stage two concerts in Korea and Germany ( Michael Jackson and friends)
to raise funds for The Nelson Mandela Children's Fund, the Red Cross and UNESCO. Michael's now second appearance is again a mega event for both the fans and the press. He broke the viewership record of of 18 million in Germany alone, just like his first appearance on November 4, 1995 when he performed 'Earth Song'. About 150 fans are seated on either side of the stage. At about 22:00, the We Are The World video is shown just before Michael appeared on the show.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 marzo 2022, 21:07

March 26, 1988. #MichaelJackson attended along with Liza Minelli the musical show "Phantom of the Opera" in New York. Andrew Lloyd Webber, Baron Lloyd-Webber, an English composer and impresario of musical theatre who have run for more than a decade both in the West End and on Broadway premiered The Phantom of the Opera at Majesty's Theatre in the West End in 1986, inspired by the 1911 Gaston Leroux novel. He wrote the part of Christine for his then-wife, Sarah Brightman, who played the role in the original London and Broadway productions alongside Michael Crawford as the Phantom.
" I first met Michael when he came to see Phantom Of The Opera in New York when we'd just opened in 1988. he was clearly interestedin the piece. He saw it several times ans used to come backstage, often without the entourage that followed him around in later life." stated Lloyd Webber.
Also according to Lloyd Webber, Michael Jackson was a fan of Phantom and expressed interest in getting involved with a filmed version of the show, perhaps attached to the title role: “It would have been incredible, but we weren't ready,” Lloyd Webber says in the interview. “Phantom was only in its first year on Broadway.”
Many famous theater actors like Ramin Karimloo and Michael Crawford have played the Phantom of the Opera on the stage. On the other hand, relatively few top 40 artists performed the role. Despite this, Lloyd Webber told Rolling Stone the King of Pop wanted to play Erik in the film adaptation of the musical.
“My book finishes with the opening of Phantom of the Opera, but Michael was very keen to be involved in a movie version of Phantom of the Opera,” Lloyd Webber recalled. “At the time, the show had just gone to Broadway, and he must have seen it three or four times at least. I was with him a couple of times.”
Lloyd Webber felt Jackson would have been great in the role. “It would have been incredible, but we weren’t ready,” he said. Lloyd Webber specified that he and his team weren’t ready to bring The Phantom of the Opera to the silver screen. “Phantom was only in its first year on Broadway,” he noted.
Lloyd Webber said he became acquainted with Michael Jackson because they enjoyed music by the same singer. “But I knew him a little bit later, because he shared my love of A.R. Rahman’s music, and we found ourselves some very obscure part of Long Island listening to a Bollywood concert where A.R. was playing,” Lloyd Webber remembered. “He had a great love of that music. So I knew him a little bit, but I never saw him again.”

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 27 marzo 2022, 16:40

On March 27, 1993 - #MichaelJackson attended the "Milken Family Foundation National Educator Awards."
Goals of the Milken Family Foundation National Educator Awards program include honoring and rewarding outstanding K-12 educators for the quality of their teaching, their professional leadership, their engagement with families and the community, and their potential for even greater contributions to the healthy development of children. Goals also include focusing public attention on the importance of excellent educators and encouraging able, caring and creative people to choose the challenge, service and adventure of teaching as a career.
The Milken Family Foundation was a private entity founded by Lowell Milken and Michael Milken in 1982 with the mission of supporting medical education and research.
Michael Jackson attended the foundation's award, giving a five-minute speech to the 1,200 professors and politicians attending the conference at the Centaury Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles, California.
After that, he also performed on stage with a group of children, obviously singing "Heal The World".

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 28 marzo 2022, 8:38

March 27, 1973. #MichaelJackson attended with his parents Katherine and Joe the 45th Academy Awards held at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in Los Angeles, California. "Ben" won a Golden Globe for Best Song. It was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Original Song and Michael Jackson performed the song in front of a live audience at the ceremony.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 2 aprile 2022, 8:23

March 31st, 2003. #MichaelJackson with his children returned to Miami, Florida, where they were Al Malnik guests.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 6 aprile 2022, 12:31

April 6, 2005. #MichaelJackson attended his former lawyer Johnny Cochran's funeral who passed away on March 29 from an brain tumor. Michael Jackson took a break from the process at Santa Maria Courthouse so he was able to attend the funeral which was held at the West Los Angeles Cathedral. About 5,000 people attended the funeral, including Cochran's colleagues and former clients.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 8 aprile 2022, 22:16

April 8th, 1990: While Michael Jackson was occupied at the Taj Mahal in Atlantic City, he received news that his friend Ryan White had passed away. In a surreal scene, cameras captured Michael Jackson, with Trump in town, arriving at the Ryan White family home to pay condolences, with Michael Jackson even climbing inside Ryan’s Ford Mustang — which had been a gift from M.J. — as a copy of Bad played on the stereo. When asked by a reporter why the two men had appeared together, a Trump spokesperson answered, “Mr. Jackson spent the weekend at the Taj Mahal as Mr. Trump’s guest, and Michael Jackson asked him to come along.”
Ryan Wayne White (December 6, 1971 – April 8, 1990) was an American teenager from Kokomo, Indiana who became a national poster child for HIV/AIDS in the United States after being expelled from school because of his infection. A hemophiliac, he became infected with HIV from a contaminated blood treatment. Healthy for most of his childhood, he became extremely ill with pneumonia in December 1984. On December 17, 1984, during a partial-lung removal procedure, Ryan White was diagnosed with AIDS.
After the diagnosis, Ryan White was too ill to return to school, but by spring had begun to feel better. His mother asked if he could return to school, but was told by school officials that he should not. On June 30 1985, a formal request to permit re-admittance to school was denied by Western School Corporation superintendent James O. Smith, sparking a legal battle that lasted for eight months.
Though doctors said he posed no risk to other students, AIDS was poorly understood at the time, and when White tried to return to school, many parents and teachers in Kokomo rallied against his attendance. White’s school, Western Middle School in Russiaville, faced enormous pressure from many parents and faculty to bar him from the campus after his diagnosis became widely known. 117 parents (from a school of 360 total students) and 50 teachers signed a petition encouraging school leaders to ban White from school. Due to the widespread fear and ignorance about AIDS, the principal and later the school board assented.
The ways in which HIV spread were not fully understood in the 1980s. Scientists knew it spread via blood and was not transmittable by any sort of casual contact, but as recently as 1983, the American Medical Association had thought that “Evidence Suggests Household Contact May Transmit AIDS”, and the belief that the disease could spread easily persisted.
Many families in Kokomo believed Ryan’s presence posed an unacceptable risk. When he was permitted to return to school for one day in February 1986, 151 of 360 students stayed home. He also worked as a paperboy, and many of the people on his route canceled their subscriptions, believing that HIV could be transmitted through newsprint.
When White was finally readmitted in April, a group of families withdrew their children and started an alternative school. Threats of violence and lawsuits persisted. According to White’s mother, people on the street would often yell, “we know you’re queer” at Ryan.
Ryan White attended Western Middle School for eighth grade for the entire 1986-87 school year, but was deeply unhappy and had few friends. The school required him to eat with disposable utensils and use separate bathrooms. Threats continued. When a bullet was fired through the Whites’ living room window, the family decided to leave Kokomo. After finishing the school year, his family moved to Cicero, Indiana, where White enrolled at Hamilton Heights High School. On August 31, 1987, a “very nervous” White was greeted by school principal Tony Cook, school system superintendent Bob G. Carnal, and a handful of students who had been educated about AIDS and were unafraid to shake White’s hand.
Many celebrities appeared with White, starting during his trial and continuing for the rest of his life, to help publicly destigmatize socializing with people with AIDS – among them Elton John and Michael Jackson.
Doctors said White had only six months to live. Surprising his doctors, Ryan White lived five years longer than predicted and died in April 1990, shortly before he would have completed high school.
Imagine the 1980s. It was the time when everybody was panicky about AIDS as a new fatal and contagious disease and was highly on their guard with those who contracted it. People were afraid to sit next to AIDS victims and breathe the same air with them. And it was exactly at that time that Michael Jackson fearlessly invited the boy ill with AIDS to his home, dined with him and publicly embraced him inviting others not to be fearful of these people.
Is it possible for an ordinary person to understand why a mega-star like Michael would prefer the company of a gravely ill boy to numerous valuable things which make up a person’s life? An incredibly famous and busy young man would spend his precious spare time with ill children like Ryan White instead of going to parties or living a carefree life full of joy and self-indulgence? And would take the trouble of calling his small friend, arranging his trips, buying him presents and lavishing him with attention while all this time he could have taken care of himself or relaxed from his hard work?
Can any of us be really capable of anything like that? Not just once but on a regular basis and for a long time too? Can you? Seriously? And Michael Jackson could…Ryan´s mother speaks of their friendship..”Michael was amazed that Ryan never talked about his illness. And he said he never wanted anybody to feel sorry for him. So I think they really had this good communication of respect for each other”.
Q. You never had any hesitation about Ryan spending time with Michael Jackson? A. No!
… Michael was always interested in what Ryan was doing. He loved kids, and he didn’t care what race you were, what color you were, what was your handicap, what was your disease – Michael just loved all children.
Q. He did something incredibly special when he learned what Ryan’s favorite car was? A. We had a call from a car dealer who said they had a car for Ryan. [Michael did it] just to see the joy in the kid’s face.
[During the funeral] the car was sitting outside in the yard.. Michael started the car and “Man in the Mirror” was playing. The little things made Michael so happy. You could see in his eyes and he was smiling from ear to ear and said, “I was the last person that Ryan was listening to…?” and I said, “Yes”. Ryan just listened to it over and over again.
Three days after the funeral Michael called me and asked me how I was doing. I said, “What made you and Ryan so close?” Michael said, “…Nobody ever acts normal round me. Ryan knew how I wanted to be treated because that’s how he wanted to be treated. I can’t trust anyone because everyone wants something from me”. Then he said, “I promised Ryan he could be in my next video, but now that he is gone I can’t put him in my video. But could I do a video for him? I was like, “That’s unbelievable”. And he did a video called Gone too soon… that’s the memory that’ll stay forever”.
Michael Jackson statement about his friend Ryan White :
"I am not trying to be philosophical but I really think it’s my job to help them. I think it is my calling. I don’t care if people laugh or what they say.
[Children] don’t have a mouth to society and I think it is now their time. From here on out it is their time. They need the world’s awareness and they need issues to deal with, and this is for them. And if I can be that light, that pedestal just to shine some light on who they are, and the importance of who children are, that’s what I want to do. I don’t know how God chooses people, or plays chess with people, and he does put you in position and sets you up. Sometimes I feel like that, like this is my place.
Ryan White. The hardest for me is. . . I don’t understand when a child dies. I really don’t. I think there should be a window where there is a chance of dying but not in this window of time. When a child dies, or if the child is sick, I really don’t understand it.
But I listen to Ryan White, twelve years old at my dining room table at Neverland telling his mother how to bury him. He said, “Mom when I die, don’t put me in a suit and tie. I don’t want to be in a suit and tie. Put me in OshKosh jeans and a T-shirt.”
I said: ‘I have to use the bathroom,” and I ran to the bathroom and I cried my eyes out. Hearing this little boy telling his mother how to bury him. That hurt me. It was as if he was prepared for it and when he died he was in OshKosh jeans and a T-shirt and a watch that I gave him. How could your heart not go out to someone like that?
And I am sitting alone in this room with him and he is lying there and I felt so bad I just wanted to hold him and kiss him and say that I love him, which I did all those things when he was alive. I took care of him and he stayed at my house. But to see him just lying there … I spoke to him and I said, “Ryan, I promised you that I would do something in your honor on my next album. I will create a song for you. I will sing it. I want the world to know who you are.” I did Gone Too Soon . That was for him." #MichaelJackson

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 14 aprile 2022, 16:28

April 14, 2005. #MichaelJackson attended Santa Maria Courthouse Thursday accompanied by his mother, Katherine.
Today the mother of the teenager accusing Michael Jackson of child molestation testified. During her testimony, the mother told jurors of
a bizarre string of events she said began in February 2003, after the broadcast of "Living With Michael Jackson," a television documentary by British journalist Martin Bashir.
The day was marked by a contentious exchange between defense attorney Thomas Mesereau Jr. and prosecutor Ron Zonen over the introduction of a surveillance video that apparently both sides had agreed in advance to show the jury.
The row, outside the jury's presence, began when Mesereau objected that the video wasn't what he approved. Zonen accused him of lying and further challenged him to take a polygraph.
Santa Barbara County Superior Court Judge Rodney Melville stepped in at that point, admonishing both: "Don't accuse each other of lying. That's not professional conduct."
The mother also testified she had been "confused and sad" and "was acting" when she heaped praise on Jackson during the taping of a video designed to rebut the Bashir documentary.
The mother has been accused by the defense of concocting the molestation allegations to get money, but she testified she never asked for nor received money from Jackson. "That's simply not true," Mesereau replied. Michael Jackson pleaded not guilty to all charges.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 16 aprile 2022, 11:56

April 13, 1999. #MichaelJackson gave an interview to
the Daily Mirror while in the UK with Mohamed Al-Fayed by his side. The Mirror interview took place at Al Fayed's office at the famous ′′ Harrods' store. With Mohamed Al Fayed present, he spoke for 40 minutes with journalist Piers Morgan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WPUBXFcT0g...
( Piers Morgan - Michael Jackson Interview - 1999 HD )
In his first interview on April 13, 1999 with a British newspaper after 20 years, he spoke about his desperate desire to help refugee children from Kosovo. He has dedicated his new album ′′ What More Can I Give ′′ to the refugees and will donate all proceeds to the victims of Kosovo's ethnic cleansing. He also plans a star-studded video. Harrods boss Mohamed Al Fayed is helping the project. In his heartfelt speech, Jackson spoke about his joy of being a father and much more.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 16 aprile 2022, 16:38

April 16, 2009 - Pete Carter met his idol, #MichaelJackson in Beverly Hills.
Young Pete Carter met his idol in Beverly Hills, and the only thing he asked for was his autograph, but on Pete's shoulders.
Michael makes him this pleasure and Pete himself goes to the tattoo artist tonight, so that the latter inclines his signature on his skin. The result is impressive.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michael Jackson was a capricious person for many, well some of his fans are not less.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 29 aprile 2022, 8:08

April 28, 1996. #MichaelJackson and Debbie Rowe attended the musical "Sisterella" last show at the Pasadena Playhouse in Pasadena, California. Michael Jackson and Jerry Greenberg are the executive producers of the musical ‘Sisterella‘, the black adaptation of“Cinderella”, which opened at the Pasadena Playhouse in California, USA on March 17, 1996 and was a huge sucess. Michael Jackson attended the last showing of the play.
The ‘Sisterella’ stage production also appeared in some parts of Europe, such as Germany (in December, 1996), and premiered in Melbourne, Australia at ‘The Regent Theatre’ on March 7, 1998. Jackson was a renowned fairytale fanatic. “Cinderella”, or “The Little Glass Slipper« is a classic folk tale embodying a myth-element of unjust oppression/triumphant reward. The title character is a young woman living in unfortunate circumstances which suddenly change to remarkable fortune. The word «cinderella» has come to mean one whose attributes are unrecognised, or one who unexpectedly achieves recognition or success after a period of obscurity and neglect. Larry Hart, who wrote the book, music, and lyrics for the black adapted story, is a Grammy-award-winning gospel singer and song writer and also stars in “Sisterella”. Michael Jackson became involved with the production of this play when Hart presented the original music tracks to him. Jackson saw the potential of Sisterella‘s music and immediately acquired the soundtrack rights and signed Larry Hart to a solo record deal.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 1 maggio 2022, 11:27

May 1, 1992. President Bush presented #MichaelJackson with an award acknowledging him as a Point of Light Ambassador. The award was in recognition to Jacksons efforts in inviting disadvantage and under privliged kids to his ranch, as well as giving his time to visiting hospitals, orphanages, assisted living homes and hospices.
In Jackson's speech he stated, "I believe each person can make a difference in the life of someone in need. That is what a point of light is.". In 1990, the Point of Light Foundation created by President Bush SR, was to encourage American citizens to lend their services to the community in "a call to action.". Michael Jackson accepted his 2nd Point Of Light Award. While in Washington, Michael visits a little girl, Raynal Pope, who was mauled very badly by dogs.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 6 maggio 2022, 15:29

May 6th, 1984. #MichaelJackson and Mick Jagger began working at A&R Studios, New York City on the song 'State Of Shock'. The track was originally sung with Freddie Mercury as a duet with Michael Jackson, and was later slated for the 'Thriller' album, however, due to differing time schedules, Michael Jackson ended up recording it with his brothers and Mick Jagger. The duet will be released as a single by The Jacksons 'Victory' album on June 18th prior to the launch of the #VictoryTour.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 9 maggio 2022, 7:57

On May 8th, 1996- #MichaelJackson attended the 8th World Music Awards. Michael won 5 Awards presented to him by Albert II, Sovereign Prince of Monaco. He performed "Earth Song" live with an extraordinary ending to thunderous applause. At the end of the ceremony he got on stage to hug Diana Ross. ABC-TV aired the show on June 3. I was honored to be present in this memorable night.
"These awards from you and the World Music Awards are very special to me, as a person who loves and adores and has concerns for people of all nationalities and ethnic origins. My music serves as my way of making mankind aware of the inquisities that exist against all people of all the world. I am not and never have been anti-semitic. And do me a favor: don't read the tabloids. I love you all very much. And this is our future right here the children! I love you. All the proceeds from this yearly show go to the Monaco Aide and Presence Foundation, which assists underdeveloped areas mainly in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe and Brazil. So far, many projects have been successfully carried out".
1 - World's Best Selling Male Pop Artist
2 - R&B Artist
3 - American Recording Artist
4 - Overall Best Selling Male Recording Artist
5 - World's Best Selling Album Of All Time for Thriller.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 15 maggio 2022, 15:57

May 14th, 1988. Prior to perform his #BadWorldTour in Europe this summer #MichaelJackson moved out of Hayvenhurst to his recently purchased ranch in the Santa Ynez Vallez. Sycamore Valley Ranch, formerly Neverland Ranch or Neverland, is a developed property in Santa Barbara County, California, located at 5225 Figueroa Mountain Road, Los Olivos, California, on the edge of Los Padres National Forest. Michael Jackson purchased the estate from Bone in March 1988 for an unknown amount. Some sources indicate $19.5 million while others suggest it was closer to $30 million. The property was initially purchased by a trust with Jackson's lawyer, John Branca, and his accountant, Marshall Gelfand, as trustees, for reasons of privacy. The arrangement was later rescinded by Michael Jackson in April 1988 and he became the ultimate owner of the property.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 23 maggio 2022, 8:09

May 22, 1988. Prior to his first European concert tomorrow at the Stadio Flaminio, #MichaelJackson visited the
Bambino Gesu children's hospital to meet young cancer patients.
The Vatican children's hospital, founded in 1869, is one of the most
renowned in Italy and Europe, not only for its care of children and
adolescents, but also as a research center. In front of the children
who could not believe they were seeing the singer, Michael signed
autographs, gave them gifts, distributed sweets and smiles and
gave them moral support. Among them was Nunzia Giacco, a 13-
year-old girl who had just undergone a heart transplant. Michael
donated £100,000 to the hospital for leukemia research.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 maggio 2022, 10:37

May 26th, 1994. #MichaelJackson and Lisa Marie Presley got married in the Dominican Republic. On August 1, 1994, a statement was sent to the media “My married name is Mrs. Lisa Marie Presley-Jackson. My marriage to Michael Jackson took place in a private ceremony outside the United States weeks ago,” the bride later announced in a statement to the media. “I am very much in love with Michael. I dedicate my life to being his wife. I understand and support him. We both look forward to raising a family.”
Lisa Marie was seven years old and tagging along to one of her dad’s concerts in Las Vegas that she first met Michael Jackson when he was part of the Jackson Five. He was a decade her senior, but clearly made an impression and they stayed friendly. However, it wasn’t until about November 1992 that they truly reconnected as grown-ups.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 27 maggio 2022, 16:39

May 25th, 1988. #MichaelJackson was the guest of honor to a party held at the Film Director Franco Zeffirelli's mansion in Rome. "Michael Jackson...I knew him well. He was not of this world. Sweet I would say. He was my guest when he played his first concert in Rome, which took place at the Flaminio Stadium in 1988. We organize a party at my house, together with producer Quincy Jones. We invited Sophia Loren who came with her son. An there were Arbore, Ramazotti, Bertolucci. He was sensational, very kind, very educated, not arrogant, an angel. He wore his red uniform." - Franco Zeffirelli, director.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 3 giugno 2022, 9:52

May 31, 2006. #MichaelJackson appreared in a Japanese TV program " Smap X Smap " variety show and broadcasted June 5th.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 5 giugno 2022, 9:59

Mourad Mesellaty is feeling angry.

#StoryOfTheDay From June 01-11. In Culver Studios in Culver City, #MichaelJackson shoots The Dome Project which consists seven works: Smooth Criminal (Jackson inserted into classic 2D black-and-white film noir chase sequence); Thriller (3-D movie starting in a haunted house with a ghostly image of Vincent Price, then moving into a graveyard where the dead awaken); Earth Song (3D short film featuring little girl who wanders through rain forest, takes a nap and dreams of the splendor of nature, and awakens to find the natural world has been devastated); They Don’t Care About Us (a/k/a Drill, 2D film in which a sea of soldiers march in unison; 10 male dancers replicated hundreds of times); MJ Air (3-D movie in which a 707 jet pulls into the frame; hole was to open in screen for Michael Jackson to enter; jet flies away); The Final Message (3-D movie of little girl from rain forest embracing the earth); and The Way You Make Me Feel (2D theatrical background featuring male dancers fashioned as historical construction workers.
Indeed it was May 29 already, only a month before moving the show to London and it was the last day of their stay in Centre Staging near Burbanks. At the end of May-beginning of June the show was still in the very basic stages of its production.
The first place where the rehearsals started was Central Staging in Burbanks which is a one-storey building reminding you of a big hangar. It is dark, spacious and flat as it has no stage, and the TII episode where Michael says to Michael Beaden that he wants his music to sound exactly the way he wrote it is coming from exactly that place.
From the Central Staging floorplan. Soundstage One was the place for general rehearsals. Michael for rehearsing in a separate studio with Travis Payne and one more choreographer.
Even from that episode we can grasp that at that production stage the musicians were still rehearsing music and no dancers were anywhere to be seen. Michael was rehearsing his dance steps individually with Travis Payne in a separate studio, next to SoundStage One which was a place for general rehearsals.
We learn that Michael went to those rehearsals four mornings a week and spent 6 hours in the Soundstage studio. Kenny Ortega was hired for the job only “this Monday” which should be sometime around May 11-12th. AEG Live hired the director of the show only a month and a half before moving it to London.
The casting for dancers was done also around the same time (or even later). There are abundant articles saying that on May 12th casting was still in the final stages for the dancers and even the band, and if this is true it means that two months before the show there was still no team. There is so much make-belief in the whole story that even this picture dated May 12th shows Kenny Ortega as if he is fully engaged in the production process though in fact he was only just hired.
This is it documentary claims that auditions were held on April 13th or a MONTH EARLIER than the date reported by the press. The media said that the dancers flew to Los Angeles in the first decade of May 2009. Ortega goes on to say, “I had just finished a World Press tour for High School Musical and was about to start a new film. In accepting the invitation I had to move a few mountains to clear my schedule, but I’m thrilled to say I’m fully on board.”
There are numerous other sources of the period saying that the director of the show and the dancers were chosen in the first half of May only. At the same time Michael was not only rehearsing but was also fully engaged in an aerobics course with a personal trainer and was even completing it.
Another piece of news reported at that time said that the initial two days of auditions for the 1000 dancers were followed by three more days of auditions for the remaining 500 dancers and this is why the final day of choosing the dancers was actually May 19th.
The later the dates are, and the clearer it becomes that AEG Live is definitely hiding from the public the fact that the auditions were held a month later than they are telling us in that make-belief documentary. Rehearsals must have been either at Central Staging (up to May 29th) or the Forum (June 1-21st).
A lot of noise is made about the delay in the shows which is already considered full Michael Jackson’s blame though now we know that the director of the show was hired only a week before that and it is no surprise that AEG is now lacking time to complete the production process by the deadline.
What is also interesting is that Frank Dileo who in May 20th was actually an acting manager for Michael Jackson is named here as his “former” manager with no word said about Tohme being fired. Michael could not have worded it himself so it is clear that this misinformation could come only from AEG Live.
As is usual the case the article is full of doubts and sad predictions concerning Michel’s ability to perform which now seem to me the result of some “private” disclosures from the same AEG Live.
Now that we know that all this time Michael was working really hard and it was his partners who were dragging their feet, the meaning of Michael’s words is becoming much clearer:
“I put everything I have into the shows. I work so hard. But I’m only one person. There is only so much I can do”. - Michael Jackson
But now we also know that AEG was aware of the fact that they started too late and this is why now they are trying to mask it by extremely dirty tricks in an attempt to convince the public that they started just at the right time and their work schedule was splendid. The lies they are resorting to are simply unheard of – the comparison of the actual articles published at the time with the This is it episodes citing totally different dates shows that AEG Live is not even above forging the dates.
The way I see it it was only when AEG realized how serious Michael was taking his training sessions and how thorough he was in getting ready for the shows that they started the production process at all. In fact it looks like they were intentionally dragging their feet waiting for him to “fizzle out”!
After Burbanks the team moved to the Forum, an old arena of the same configuration as the O2 arena in London where some other episodes of This is it were shot too.
At the Forum they stayed for almost a month and finally moved to the Staples Center on June 22nd where they had the two final rehearsals. These were shot by two high-definition cameras and when Michael asked Randy Phillips why he was doing it, Phillips said they should archive his "historic comeback".
Beginning of June the show was absolutely not ready though it was supposed to move to London only a month later. However when they realized that Michael was really focused and was getting ready in full earnest, they suddenly recollected their duties and drove everyone into a mad race trying to catch up and compensate for the time missed, doing it largely at the expense of Michael Jackson again.
Sources extracts from : Vindicatedmj ( Helena )

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 giugno 2022, 7:08

June 12, 2003. #MichaelJackson's long time friend and Hollywood Legend Actor Gregory Peck died at the age of 87 in his
Los Angeles home. A little known fact is that Michael helped Gregory's widow, Veronique Passani-Peck, arranged the funeral services. Almost none of the press mentioned this until today. Michael was at the Peck's mansion the next morning to help Veronique.
He was buried in a crypt beneath the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels in Los Angeles. The invitation-only memorial service was held in the afternoon of June 16. The public ceremony took place after a private funeral. Michael Jackson, wearing a red jacket, caused riots when he came to sit among the many celebrities in attendance.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 18 giugno 2022, 9:42

June 17th, 1997. Prior to his concert in Milan on the 18th, #MichaelJackson attended and appreciated the concert of The Three Tenors with Placido Domingo, Luciano Pavarotti and Jose Carreras, held in Modena, Italy. Michael was accompanied with Nicoletta Mantovani, Luciano Pavarotti's wife, film director and friend Franco Zeffirelli and Michael's tour manager Tarak Ben Ammar.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 18 giugno 2022, 22:24

June 18th, 2009. #MichaelJackson came to perform and rehearse at the Forum but he was afraid of the pressure he was getting from AEG. Choreographer Travis Payne went to Jackson’s home almost daily for rehearsals, but acknowledged that he couldn’t say how many times the singer often skipped the one-on-one sessions.
Payne testified that Jackson was struggling to prepare for the show and had asked to use a teleprompter to help him remember lyrics to some of his songs.
Nor did Jackson show up for rehearsals with the band and backup dancers. Director Kenny Ortega told jurors that Jackson missed numerous rehearsals in mid-June. When he arrived for a rehearsal session on June 19, 2009, Jackson was shivering, incoherent, and unable to rehearse. Ortega massaged Jackson’s feet and got him food, later describing the singer in an email to AEG Live CEO Randy Phillips as “like a lost boy.”
Production manager John “Bugzee” Houghdahl wrote Phillips on June 19, “I have watched him deteriorate in front of my eyes over the last 8 weeks.”
Emails sent by Phillips have led Panish to suggest that the footage shown in This Is It was selectively edited and that any clips showing Jackson was sick were in AEG’s control. After the singer’s death, Phillips sent an email to another AEG executive, Paul Gongaware, telling him, “Make sure we take out the shots of MJ in that red leather jacket at the soundstage where the mini-movies were being filmed. He looks way too (thin) and skeletal.”

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 giugno 2022, 14:19

June 22, 1995. #Michael Jackson attended the VH1 Honours and received an award for his humanitarian work. The award was renamed to "Michael Jackson Special Award." It was presented to him by American actor Morgan Freeman. Before the presentation the group Boyz II Men performed a medley of 'Heal The World' and 'We Are The World' and Michael joined for the last verse. After singing with Boyz II Men Michael walks over to Morgan Freeman. Michael and Morgan shake hands. Then Michael points at Morgan.
"I'm a major fan, he's a phenomenon. I mean it. Thank you.
Thank you, Morgan. Thank you VH1, thank you for this honor. Thank you all my friends and fans for your love and support. You've given me so much, it allowed me to take some of that love and pass it on to those people whose problems in this world need and deserve our help. A perfect example is the recent U.N. announcement that 1 to 3 million lives could be saved if Third World children were given a vitamin A pill three times a year. Cost per child is just six cents, that's all. So we must join together in healing the world so we can share this beautiful planet in joy and love. I love you very much."

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 giugno 2022, 21:19

June 24th, 2009. #MichaelJackson arrived at the
Staples Center around 5:00 pm. but did not start rehearsing until
9:00 p.m. Before his last rehearsal, Michael Jackson met with Ken
Ehrlich, Randy Phillips, Tim Leiweke and his manager Frank DiLeo.
During the meeting, they discussed doing a Halloween special with
CBS, and it was planned that Ehrlich would produce it. The special
would focus on Michael's 1997 film Ghosts, and Michael was
planning to present it. Would have been produced for a release
date of October 31, 2009.
Michael rehearsed three songs "Dangerous," "Thriller"
and "Earth Song" until midnight. As the cast and crew left,
Michael spoke with costume designer Michael Bush and music director Michael Bearden, and they confirmed that he would be
in the next afternoon around 2:00 p.m. Rehearsals on June 25, 2009 would have been the first full performance of the entire show...Unfortunately, this would never happened....

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 27 giugno 2022, 16:10

June 27, 2009, the Jackson family released the following statement:
"In one of the darkest moments of our lives, it is difficult to find words to describe the sudden tragedy that has befallen us all. "
Our beloved son, brother and father of three has left so unexpectedly, so tragically and permanently much too soon. Leaving his family speechless and devastated to the point that communication with the outside world seems almost impossible at times. We miss Michael so much, our pain cannot be described in words. But Michael would not want us to give up now. That's why we want to thank all his loyal supporters and fans around the world, you, whom Michael loved so much.
Please don't despair because he still lives on in all of you.
Keep spreading his message because he would want you to. May his legacy live on forever." Joseph Jackson also says, "My grandchildren are deeply moved by all the love and support you have shown them and their father, Michael Jackson. "

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 4 luglio 2022, 16:33

#OnThisDay July 4, 1986, Michael Jackson
at Skywalker Ranch..."In 1978, the success of Star Wars allowed
George Lucas to realize a project he had dreamed of for years: creating a dedicated film venue on the periphery of the Hollywood system.
That's how Skywalker Ranch, a huge California estate
in Nicasio (Marin County) two hours north of San Francisco.
19 km2 section today in the green valley (Lucas Valley, no relation to George Lucas! ). The ranch houses several branches of Lucasfilm Ltd. as Skywalker sound or lucas licensing and in addition to the offices it has a huge library, stable, vineyard, garden with orchard and vegetable garden whose crops are used restaurants for employees, outdoor swimming pool, fitness center, own fire station, artificial lake "Lake Ewok", many design rooms and underground parking to preserve the landscape.
Every year since 1979, Skywalker Ranch has hosted an annual employee picnic on the 4th of July, the U.S. national holiday. Many visitors gather around the sports class and a barbecue, right by the lake.
Michael Jackson has been to Skywalker Ranch several times and twice to this very famous picnic in the movie world. In 1982, the painter Frank Ordaz worked for ILM (Industrial Light and Magic) Lucas Film. He was involved in visual effects at that time, especially through Mattes paintings. In July 1982, he attended the annual LucasFilm picnic and met Michael Jackson and Quincy Jones.
After Michael's passing in 2009, he recalls his memories on his page: "Part of me had a soft spot for the man-child I met while working at Lucasfilm. I don't remember, what movie we were working on. Came in with Quincy Jones and took a tour. He was wearing his famous white mask at the time.
What got me right away was his soft voice and that, how shy he was. Quincy Jones would ask questions and give everyone the right vibes. When Michael came up to me, he looked at my matte painting and said..."If I could paint like that I would stop singing"... he was joking of course but it was really cute. Then ILM hosted the 4th of July at Skywalker Ranch, and Michael Jackson and Quincy came to the party. I'm a jazz fan and have followed Quincy's career. I approached him when he was with his then wife Peggy Lipton as a baby and Michaeland I said Quincy, that's right, I just wanted to meet you and say I've got your walking in space album and I think,
a Killer Joe song is the hardest to rock. "He stopped what he was doing and said, 'Do you have this album? "I said yes"... I listen to it all the time" and I learned a few songs. Quincy said something like, "I'm glad someone is still playing jazz."
Then he invited me to stay with them for a while. Meanwhile, Michael was alone as hundreds of LucasFilm employees and their families came and went. He seemed in a different world. My girlfriend at the time approached him and asked: "It's okay... Do you want anything? ". He replied, "Don't mind me. "He just wanted to be alone. That image of Michael Jackson, alone in the crowd, is still stuck in my mind. "
Michael Jackson recalls his frequent visits to George Lucas in his book Moonwalk, when they are fully prepared for Captain Eo: "I flew to San Francisco several times to visit George at his home at Sky Ranch. "Walker; little by little we had to sketch out the script for the little 3-D movie.
In the late 80's, Michael once again attended the annual picnic at Skywalker Ranch. Diana Dawn she was a radio presenter
and the American actress, who has long been a Marilyn Monroe look-alike, was present that day at the invitation of her sister, a LucasFilm employee. She also talked about her memories
of returning in June 2009: "I met Michael Jackson in 1986 or 1987 at Skywalker Ranch in Marin County while he was attending the LucasFilm picnic. I was talking to George Lucas and there were some kids around Michael who came to greet Lucas. He was with his bodyguard and a beautiful German shepherd. So I got to see him up close and take pictures.
He was dressed in black, glasses and a surgical mask, but when I tried to take a picture, he took it off and smiled at the camera. He had a beautiful smile.
A little later, I see Michael again sitting at the picnic table in the shade. I asked his bodyguard if I could say hello and get his autograph. He told me to go see Michael, so I sat down and snuck right up next to him. We looked each other in the eye, we exchanged and we said: Hello! Very shyly. I made it clear,
that I like his music a lot and he answered me: "thank you, it touches me very much, thank you! ". And then I asked him:
Could he sign the Lucasfilm brochure for me? And he graciously took and he put his signature right next to George Lucas'.
Moments later, I was walking down a dusty road at Skywalker Ranch and I saw a fire truck coming down the road for the concert
with the siren on. So I went to the side thinking they needed more room because the road was narrow. To my surprise, they honked again and when I turned around to look back I saw Michael tipping over from the passenger side window of the truck. from the passenger side window of the truck, waving excitedly. I turned around thinking he was waving to someone else, but no one was Then I realized, he was talking to me, I smiled and nodded. He looked as excited as a child about getting on the fire truck for the first time. I will never forget that encounter.... "
Source : https://onmjfootsteps.com/.../michael-jackson-au.../...

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 16 luglio 2022, 9:01

July 16, 1971. Bill Bray was hired by Joseph Jackson as head of security for the Jackson Five. Bill Bray went to work first for Motown in 1968, then for the Jackson Five as head of security in 1971. Bray was hired by Joseph Jackson, Michael's father, and was instantly given a task: Keep Michael out of trouble and unhappiness.
Bill Bray did this for the next decade and a half, leaving Motown when the Jackson's did in 1976, after which he stayed with Michael for virtually his entire solo career until 1996.
Michael wrote in his autobiography "Moonwalk" in 1988: "Bill is very careful and extremely professional in his work, he travels everywhere with me and sometimes he is my only companion on the trips. I can't imagine my life without this janitor, he is warm and funny, absolutely in love with life, he is a great man".

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 luglio 2022, 10:13

July 20, 1988. #MichaelJackson returned to meet with critically ill children and their parents at the "Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital", where he spent longer time with the less critical patients, reserving words of comfort to them, reading them stories and delivering presents, including albums, signed photos and T-shirts. He associated himself with the "Wishing Well Fund" for sponsoring the contruction of a novel unit, as part of the "Hospital for Sick Children" in Great Ormond Street, London, England. Notably, 9-year old Neil Clark, having undergone live-saving surgery to remove a brain tumour – and originally not scheduled to see the popstar – is visited by the singer, the boy’s father declaring with gratitude that the visit "cheered my son up". 4-year-old Joanne Doeffer, having undergone a throat operation and breathing through a special tube, was visited by the star, the meet-and-greet prompting her to struggle and say "Thriller" to a delighted Michael Jackson. In the evening, a banquet was held in his honor at the Guildhall. Michael donated $200,000 to the hospital after being given a cheque by Prince Charles and Princess of Wales Diana.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 luglio 2022, 21:56

July 22, 1981, #MichaelJackson was photographed by Todd Gray in the presidential suite of the Peachtree Hotel in downtown Atlanta.
In 45 minutes, Gray took more than 70 photos, which are the most famous singers from that period when a young man who left Motown became king of pop and conquered the world.
In his book "Before He Was A King" (Michael before Jackson), published in 2009, Todd Gray remembers this photo shoot, which remains his favorite among many, he did with Michael : "As Michael and I went through photo albums on the tour bus, he noticed some photos that were particularly his favorites."
I liked them. He loved the light that bathed the faces of the stars
in classic Hollywood portraits. "That light is magic," he whispers. This picture is magic.
Look at their eyes, so beautiful and innocent. Todd, I want you to take a picture of me like this. He also told me that he would like to be photographed with faces similar to those of the children at work.
in the factories by Lewis Hine in the early 20th century, another book we looked at together on the bus. We scheduled Michael's photo shoot in the presidential suite of the Peachtree Hotel in Atlanta in the late afternoon, photographers call it "the magic hour. ".
When the light casts a warm glow and the sun casts deep shadows. Michael tended to look away throughout the session from the camera, he didn't look directly at the lens, and during the forty-five minute session, he only smiled once or twice. We barely spoke, we didn't want to break the spell. I didn't do much to realize that smh
or whispered when we gave her something special.
Later, when I showed him the prints from the shoot, he ordered two large prints of each photo, which was quite unusual. Usually, if someone ordered one or two photos from a shoot, it was considered a success I was amazed, two of each photo ? That's 144 steps... ". Michael replied, "Yeah, I can count, I want one set for me and one for Diana Ross. Todd, I'm sorry. It's magical." That shoot is my favorite with Michael. "

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 25 luglio 2022, 21:19

July 25, 1998. #MichaelJackson attended the press conference of the 1998 Tokyo Kick Boxing Champions Carnival
All Stars. Daikaku Chodoin, 68, is the founder and president of
the United World Karate Association, which combines all five iemoto (the traditional branches of the martial art) with an estimated 50 million practitioners around the world. A kyuudan (9th degree black belt) of Goju-ryu, one of Okinawa's "hard-soft" karate styles, Chodoin is a fearless fighter who thrives on going to battle both on and off the dojo floor. His winning streak began in his 20s: He first struck gold with shipbuilding and later made a killing with real estate and stocks. He has used his vast fortune to fight racial discrimination and supported revolutionary movements in Africa, South America and the Middle East. In 1985 Chodoin established the World Black Congress in order to unite Africans and that same year he created the Society of International Outer Space Law to draw up a legal framework that would give all nations equal right to space. Chodoin's desire to heal and save the world struck a chord with Michael Jackson: Since their first meeting in 1997, The King of Pop and the King of karate got along royally. In 1998, Chodoin presented Michael with the Honorary Chairmanship of the United World Karate Association and a godan (fifth degree) black belt.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 2 agosto 2022, 8:13

August 1st, 1984. #MichaelJackson received a
"Pride Patrol Program" plaque of honor given from Reverend
Al Sharpton's hands for his contribution with the #VictoryTour.
This was held at the Hemsley Hotel in New York City

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 7 agosto 2022, 22:28

August 7th, 1994. #MichaelJackson Began the filming
of a four-minute commercial for his fourthcoming album "HIStory"
in Budapest, Hungary, and directed by British film director Rupert Wainwright.
Originally intended to be the short film of a song from the HIStory album, this video entitled "The Eastern Europe Redeemer" presents
the King of Pop as the general of a huge peaceful army, idolized and glorified by the crowd.
Post production has invested $5 million and Michael Jackson made no secret of it, he wanted to attract the attention of the media and the public.
Michael arrived in the evening on August 5 with 100 people, including about 20 bodyguards. Two days earlier 85 technicians had arrived to record the video.
The scenes where Michael participated were shot during 3 scheduled days, the rest of the spot was recorded in a studio in Los Angeles which the rest of the filming was continued at Illusion Arts, with the collaboration of specialists in image composition and special effects, Suy Dutton and Bill Taylor.
On the first day, the film production already prepared the set in the courtyard of the Hungarian Kings' Castle in the hills of Buda. Earnest Valentino, Michael's official impersonator had been rehearsing for more than two hours for the shoot.
On the second day the scene where Michael walks along Dozsa Gyorgy street, known as Stalin Square, will be recorded. Michael paraded alongside 300 soldiers in a large avenue as the crowd welcomed him.
From the start of the shooting, Michael Jackson specified to his director that he wanted soldiers: "I see soldiers walking. (....) We went to different cities, St Petersburg, Budapest. Eastern Europe was cheaper and money was a recurring problem," explained Wainwright.
It is near the famous Heroes' Square of the city that the shooting takes place. On a parking lot, along the Dozsa Gyorgy avenue, Michael shoots with the soldiers the scenes where we see his endless army marching through the city, the star in the lead.
Michael went to the set on Sunday, August 7, in the late morning, under a blazing sun and an overwhelming heat. He met his understudy who allowed the director to test the shooting angles and to prepare the details of the recording.
The second day of shooting took place on a parking lot along Dozsa György Avenue, named after one of the leaders of a Transylvanian revolt, considered a national hero in Hungary.
Michael was not supposed to be present on the shooting of this video. The shots where he appeared should have been done in New York in front of a green screen. But when Michael Jackson saw the first scenes, he decided to go there.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 8 agosto 2022, 8:47

August 7th,1988. #MichaelJackson performed
at Estadio Vicente Calderón in #Madrid, Spain to an audience
of 60,000 loving fans. Prior to the concert, Michael was presented with a quadruple Platinum Award and a Spanish cape before the concert by the Spanish Epic Records staff. #BadWorldTour

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 1 settembre 2022, 8:35

September 1st, 1984. #MichaelJackson and Bruce Springsteen met in Philadelphia at the Franklin Plaza Hotel after The Jacksons #VictoryTour concert at JFK Stadium in Philadelphia. Here the story.
It has spread all over the world. People are waiting. The reigning monarchs of Rock and Boss - Michael Jackson and Bruce Springsteen were to meet for the first time, and 25 of Jackson's crew and guests crowded into Jackson's closet to talk.
Springsteen arrived first, wearing spikes, ripped jeans, a shirt with rolled-up sleeves showing off his biceps, a silk over his chin, and a red scarf tied around his neck as if his body needed a compression band to reduce all that energy buildup I've been having idle days.
Then came Jackson fresh from the shower he had taken after the concert. He's dressed in a pink button-down shirt with a white jersey underneath, pink milled pants so long they're rolled up, and blue slippers with his initials embroidered in gold thread. He looks like a friendly, wealthy student eager to learn something about the working world. Space has been made around them and both are still standing.
" Michael Jackson said with an outstretched hand. "I was just reading stories about you in PEOPLE Magazine. It was really good."
"Oh, thank you," Springsteen said with a broad smile. "I really enjoyed watching you sing today. "
"I've heard you play long shows. How long have you been playing?
"Oh, about three hours. "
"How do you do that? Do you take a break?
"Yeah, about half an hour. "I think it works pretty well. "
Camera clicks, eyes squeeze, ears adjust. Jackson's eyes dart across the room, not stopping anywhere long enough to look at them. He looks like he wants to quickly ask the next question, looking just as uncertain onstage as he finishes one song and before he starts singing another.
Springsteen sucks on an ice cube "Did you write that song 'Fire' [the Pointer Sisters]? "" asks Jackson.
"Yeah, I got away with it pretty quickly. It only took me 10 minutes, but I don't text when I'm on the road. Do you?
"No," Jackson says. "There's too much going on then. "
He undresses with his hands, crosses them in front of him, then hides them behind his back, then ties a loop on the waistband of his pants.
A reggae song comes from the TV next door and Michael starts to dance then stops. Couldn't he just ask them to go back to his empty room where they could talk like two normal people, maybe they'd discover that they both like watching reruns of "The Honeymooners"? Was his fear of being a fan greater than his fear of standing in the middle of the stage? For a moment of silence, Michael seems to be looking for support.
"My secretary Shari invites you over for Christmas," he said, stroking her waist and pulling her between them.
"What's wrong with Thanksgiving? "Springsteen laughed as the three posed for Jackson's personal photographer. "Do you talk to people during your concerts?" asks Jackson. "I read that you do. "
"Yes, I tell stories. I've convinced people that way. They like to hear your voice 'doing' something other than singing. They go crazy when they...you talk. "
"Oh, I would never do something like that. "It's like people find out something about you that they don't need to. "
"I think I know what you mean, the songs are a protection. But I remember playing a benefit concert for the Vietnam vets one day and I had to go up on stage to introduce some guy who was president or something and I didn't have my guitar. Oh man, I was shaking the whole time. I realized that was the first time in 15 years I'd been on stage without it and I've never been so nervous. "
Jackson's voice was quiet, so almost no one could hear him. "You like to talk in front of all these people. I think it's kind of weird. "
"Yeah, it's weird, isn't it? "
Jackson takes a deep breath then takes a small step toward the door. Springsteen stands still. Breaks the silence.
"How long have you been rehearsing for this tour? " he asks.
"Oh, a month or two. "
"There are so many characters in this performance. "
"Yeah, there's a lot of technology in there.... We'll finish in December. We're going to do a movie afterwards."
"Is that what I heard with Steven Spielberg? "Yeah, I was actually on the phone with him today," Jackson said.
"We're not sure what movie it's going to be yet, but it's going to be a movie with. "
Jackson slaps reggae on his thighs, his eyes streaming like sparrows. "I read that you lie down right after the show," he says. "You don't really do that, do you?" asks Jackson.
"No, after the show I feel good because I feel like I worked hard. Until 4 a.m. and what do you do? "
"Watch TV or read," Jackson said. 'I can't go to sleep. "
"Do you ever go out? ' Go ask Springsteen.
I can't. Too many people would bother me.... How did you decide to let PEOPLE magazine write that story about you? "
"I just threw the bones," Springsteen said, blowing out his fists and throwing imaginary bones.
"Oh," Jackson said, shaking his head. "I would never trust anyone that much to do that. "
"He crossed the room once more, his question bank empty. "Well, I think I'll escape from here now," he said quietly. It was really nice to meet you. " He quickly shook her hand and walked out into another part of the apartment.
Springsteen delayed him a bit. Earlier, he had seen Jackson do various things on stage for over an hour and a half and it looked like he was doing it almost effortlessly.
But it was something Springsteen seems to know about, 15 minutes of human struggle. "You know," he said, spitting an ice cube into his cup, "He's a really nice guy. "

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 4 settembre 2022, 8:49

September 3rd, 1980. The Jacksons were honored
with star on Hollywood Walk Of Fame. The Jacksons’ star on
the Hollywood Walk of Fame was unveiled at 1500 Vine St. along Hollywood Boulevard, the landmark stars honor the famous stars
of stage and screen. On the same day, the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce awarded Michael Jackson for the top 4 singles from
the album Off The Wall. After the ceremony, the Jackson family
met guests for dinner at Chasen's restaurant in Los Angeles.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 19 settembre 2022, 8:27

September 18th,1993. #MichaelJackson visited Jerusalem . He visited the Western Wall Saturday, but was prevented from coming close enough to touch Judaism's holiest site.
Michael Jackson smiled and waved, but said nothing to the crowd as his managers argued fruitlessly with religious Jews who formed a wall and refused to let him enter the area where they were holding Sabbath rites.
The fans chased Jackson's convoy through the ancient alleyways, yelling 'We love you, Michael,' and snapping pictures.
At least 50 police officers and paramilitary border guards were on hand to see no one harmed Michael.
The crowd disturbed several hundred Jews who were praying at the wall on the holiest Sabbath of the year, between Rosh Hashana, the Jewish New Year, and Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement.
Many of them looked bewildered as the mob pushed and shoved its way on to the compound to get a better look at their idol.
The Western Wall is the last remnant of the Great Temple of Solomon destroyed by the Romans in 70 A.D. and is revered as the holiest site in Judaism. Worshippers often slip pieces of paper into the cracks between the wall's massive stones, believing that God will read the messages and grant their wishes. Others are satisfied simply to touch or kiss the rocks.
Michael had also been scheduled to visit the Church of the Holy Sepulchre after his trip to the Western Wall, but he cancelled his plans at the last minute because of fear that the crowd would follow him.
By chance Israel's chief rabbi, Yisrael Lau, passed by a group of reporters waiting for Jackson at the Old City's Jaffa Gate and suggested Michael Jackson might benefit from his sermon.
'I'm going to give a lecture on atonement for Yom Kippur and you can tell Michael Jackson to come hear my lecture.'
Michael also visited a children’s hospital in Tel Aviv.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 settembre 2022, 10:54

In July 2009, American actress Anjelica Huston spoke about the last time she saw Michael, a few weeks before his death...
"After Captain EO [1986 Disney film] I only met him on rare occasions. But, ironically, I saw him about a month ago, by chance, in the office of our dermatologist, Arnie Klein. We kissed and then locked ourselves in one of the rooms, chatting for a few hours, we talked about how humiliated he was to be accused of sexual harassment, and how he regretted missing the endless island, he lived there .
I remember his words to have ruined his dream... "I had this dream, perhaps childish and stupid, of a place designed to celebrate the innocence of childhood that I never had I love children, I could never hurt them. I've spent my whole life loving them and trying to do good things for them. Being accused of hurting a child breaks my heart. It is an unbearable pain. These are unfair and terrible accusations.... "
"As he spoke, he began to cry. I held him in my arms. He was so thin and fragile," Huston shared.
"Michael's heart was broken. That's why he died. Of course, with the autopsy, they'll find who knows how much stuff, drugs, etc. But the truth is they broke his heart."
Huston wrote about that moment in his autobiography, describing Michael as a "victim of heartbreak."

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 settembre 2022, 10:21

Michael Jackson
@michaeljackson

On this date in 1993, Michael gave his 1st and only performance in the nation of Turkey as part of the Dangerous World Tour. Held at the İnönü Football Stadium in the country’s largest city, Istanbul, roughly 50,000 people attended the sold-out show. Share your memories #MJTours

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 27 settembre 2022, 10:32

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 8 novembre 2022, 8:02

November 6th, 1996. #MichaelJackson landed in Auckland, New Zealand, to follow his #HistoryWorldTour and give two concerts at Ericsson Stadium on the 9th and 11th. At his arrival at the airport, Michael was greeted by Sir Howard Morrison and a celebration was prepared to honor his coming to New Zealand,

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 14 novembre 2022, 7:41

November 14, 2005. #MichaelJackson watched the Dubai Desert Rally race at Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Hotel with the famous UAE rally driver Mohammad Ben Sulay and the general manager of
the Dubai International Marine Club. Michael also attended the award ceremony for the winners, and then have lunch with them.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 novembre 2022, 8:28

November 20th, 1987. Earlier to his show at Parramatta Stadium in Sydney, #MichaelJackson was at a photo studio in nearby Surry Hills, organized by his photographer Sam Emerson. Not far from the Aboriginal community centre for indigenous children in nearby Redfern, Michael visited a community preschool for Aboriginal children, the Murawina Preschool in Redfern, NSW, close to the city. Given the finances and culture, Michael offered to the supervisors and all of the children free tickets to his show.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 6 dicembre 2022, 7:51

December 5th, 2013. Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela, whose tribal clan name is "Madiba," born July 18, 1918 in Mvezo, died in Johannesburg.
Mandela and #MichaelJackson shared, besides a relationship of mutual admiration, those ideals of peace and brotherhood on which they both shaped their entire lives.
Since 1996, Michael Jackson traveled to South Africa to celebrate the birthday of Nelson Mandela, the former president. In a letter to the Jackson family after the star's death, Mandela wrote "Michael was a giant and a legend in the music industry. And we mourn with millions of fans around the world." The two myths admired each other. Michael Jackson loved Madiba dearly and was inspired by his struggle.
"The Nelson Mandela Foundation regrets the untimely passing of Michael Jackson. His fans around the world will feel the loss," said the Foundation's director, Achmat Dangor, in a statement.
The Nelson Mandela Foundation takes care of the charitable works of the Nobel Peace Prize winner who retired from public life six years ago but regularly uses his image to promote the fight against AIDS and child relief.
During his visit to South Africa, Michael Jackson received the Kora music prize in Sun City, which rewards the best singers and musicians on the African continent.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 2 gennaio 2023, 10:15

1st, 1994. #MichaelJackson attended a Barbara Streisand concert at the MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas with his friend Mike Milken. After 22 Years, Streisand Returned to Live Concerts : Music: Singer performs before 13,000 people. Michael Jackson made a surprise appearance, along with Steven Spielberg and Michael Milken. The celebrity surprise at a second show given Saturday was Michael Jackson, who took his seat near the stage, along with Steven Spielberg and Michael Milken. Michael Jackson acknowledged the crowd’s cheers with a shy wave.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 5 gennaio 2023, 7:25

An unforgettable moment with Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie...
'' I never forget how nice, polite, kind, warm and sweet he was. ''
"In the mid-1990s, my girlfriend and I were in the old Music Tower of Ventura Blvd near Cedars Avenue in Sherman Oaks, California. Sherman Oaks is a community adjacent to Encino, California, where Michael's parents lived.
Strolling around the store, I noticed that there was a young man wearing a red suit and a matching mask with red shirt, white stockings and shoes. I was just looking at the CDs in a shop aisle and holding some CDs. I saw that it looked completely like Michael Jackson's. At first I did not think it was really Michael Jackson, because I did not see any bodyguards or hordes of fans around.
On TV, we watched Michael always leave a great safety scheme around him. But the red-clad man with the red mask stood in the hallway looking for CDs just like any other, unprotected, vulnerable, and totally accessible. I wondered if he was a Michael Jackson impersonator.
I looked at my girlfriend in the store and said the guy looked like Michael Jackson. She said she realized that, too. Just then, my girlfriend and I saw that the man was definitely the legendary Michael Jackson and was in the store with his wife, Lisa Marie Presley.
Having lived in Los Angeles almost all our lives, we have seen many celebrities and TV stars and movies.
But when we realized that we were in the presence of the international superstar, the legend, the musical genius of Michael Jackson, we were really shocked and knew that we were living one of the most special moments of our lives.
Michael then went to the box where Tower employees said he had a call. My girlfriend heard Michael talking to his sister La Toya Jackson. I took a Michael Jackson book from the store, approached him and asked if he could autograph it.
I never forget how he was friendly, polite, kind, warm and sweet to us and kindly signed the book.
Lisa Marie his wife told my girlfriend that their security staff would be furious if they knew they had left without bodyguards to protect them at that time. Lisa Marie was also famous and was also very cordial and friendly to us.
Then Michael and Lisa Marie went out the back door of the building. They climbed into a black SUV GMC Suburban parked in the back street between Ventura Boulevard and St. Dickens and Lisa Marie drove the car.
The store manager told us that Michael used to go to the store and asked to be closed about midnight so they could shop privately and choose many CDs to inspire him to compose.
My girlfriend and I had the opportunity to share a brief but incredible moment in life with the legendary Michael Jackson. I'll always remember. There were no bodyguards and they were fully accessible, we talked to them normally and got an autographed souvenir. I wanted to share with Michael fans my personal and amazing experience by having met and talked to the only Michael Jackson ''
Stewart Kayle
On April 10, 1995.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 7 gennaio 2023, 11:04

January 5th, 1994. #MichaelJackson appeared at the 26th annual NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Coloured People) Image Awards in Pasadena, California to present the award for "Outstanding Choreography" to Debbie Allen in presence of his friend and choreographer Michael Peters.
Before Michael handed over the award, Michael made the following speech and received an enthusiastic response from the audience.
"For decades, the NAACP has stood at the forefront of the struggle for equal justice under the law for all people in our land. They have fought in the lunch rooms of the South, in the hallowed halls of the Supreme Court and the board rooms of America, for justice, equality and the very dignity of all mankind.
Members of the NAACP have been jailed and even killed in noble pursuit of those ideals, upon which our country was founded. None of these goals is more meaningful to me at this time in my life, than the notion that everyone is presumed to be innocent, and totally innocent, until they are charged with a crime, and then convicted by a jury of their peers. I never really took the time to understand the importance of that ideal until now, until I became the victim of false allegations, and the willingness of others to believe and exploit the worst before they have a chance to hear the truth. Not only am I presumed to be innocent, I am innocent! And I know the truth will be my salvation.
You have been there to support me when others weren’t around, and I thank you for that. I have been strengthened in my fight to prove my innocence by my faith in God, and by my knowledge that I am not fighting this battle alone. Together, we will see this thing through."

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 29 gennaio 2023, 8:19

#OnThisDay January 28, 1973. #MichaelJackson won Best Original Song for "Ben" at the 30th Golden Globe Awards. Michael Jackson made one visit to the International Ballroom of the Beverly Hilton,
in 1973. He arrived with his parents, Joe and Katherine, and took the stage to sing "Ben", nominated for Best Song, Motion Picture, for the movie of the same title. Minutes later, the song - already a hit at the box office - won the Golden Globe.

Rispondi