Statements and quotes from Michael

Michael Jackson's news in English. Your updated reference for Michael Jackson's news in English language from all around the world. Rumors, gossip and true facts. And a lot of Michael Jackson's beautiful pictures.
soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Re: Statements and quotes from Michael

Messaggio da soulmum » 7 agosto 2021, 7:25

"No matter how good your intentions are, there´s alway some jerk, some mean spirited person who tries to bring you down. And all you wanted to do was to bring some love and some joy. And they´re so quick to hate and to judge and be cruel and mean. I just shows that man-kind can be very ugly and cruel, it really does. It brings out the ugly side. " #MichaelJackson on Martin Bashir outakes

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 agosto 2021, 7:56

Part only of the Oxford speech.

THE FORGIVENESS
..... We are all someone's children, and we know that no matter how hard you try, mistakes will always be there. It's part of being human. When I think about this, how much I hope my children don't judge me badly and forgive me, I find myself thinking about my father and despite what I said earlier, I'm forced to think that he loved me. He loved me, and I knew it. They were little things that showed me. When I was little, I was very greedy - we all were. I was crazy about glazed donuts and my dad knew it. So, every now and then I'd walk down to the kitchen and find a bag with glazed donuts in it - no notes, no explanations - just the donuts. He was like Santa Claus. Sometimes I wanted to stay awake at night to see him leave them there, but just like Santa Claus, I didn't want to ruin the magic for fear he wouldn't do it again. My dad used to leave them there in the middle of the night because he didn't want anyone to catch him in his weak spot. He was afraid of human emotions, he didn't understand or didn't know how to handle them. But there were donuts. If I freely vent my memory, other memories come to mind, memories of small gestures, which, even if imperfect, feel how he did what he could.
So tonight rather than focusing my attention on what my dad didn't do, I want to highlight all the things he did and his personal challenges. I want to stop judging him. I started to think about my dad growing up in the South, in a very poor family. He grew up during the Depression and his father, who worked all day to feed his children, didn't show much love to his family and raised my father and his brothers with an iron fist. Who could imagine what it must have been like for a black man to grow up in the South, deprived of dignity, without any hope, desperately trying to become a man in a world that sees you as subordinated? I was the first black singer whose video was broadcast on Mtv and it was a great event. And we're talking about the 80. s
My dad moved to Indiana and had a big family, worked many hours a day in the steelworks, a job that kills and humbles the spirit, all just to keep his family going. What's weird if they had difficulty exploring their feelings? Is there something strange if they wanted to harden themselves, build emotional barriers? And above all, it's no wonder he pushed his children towards success so that they didn't have a poor and unworthy life that he knew very well. I've learned to see my father's strictness as a form of love, maybe not right, but still love. He pushed me because he loved me, because he wanted no one else to suffer what he suffered. And now, with time, bitterness has given way to grace. More than anger, I feel acquittal, more than a rematch I want reconciliation. And the initial anger left the place to forgiveness..
Michael Jackson
March 5, 2001 Oxford

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 11 agosto 2021, 10:16

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 agosto 2021, 21:39

The Wizard Of Oz" has secrets that are just too much. Or "Peter Pan", the whole 'lost boys' thing is just incredible. They’re not childlike at all, they’re really, really deep; you can rule your life by them. Or say 'child-like', because children are the most brilliant people of all, that’s why they relate to those stories so well. Fairy-tales are wonderful.” #MichaelJackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 23 agosto 2021, 15:36

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 27 agosto 2021, 8:26

′′ My skin got sick with terrible acne.
I remember being deeply conditioned by the state of my skin.
I became very shy and embarrassed every time I had to meet someone..."
-Michael Jackson-

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 4 settembre 2021, 13:21

“I just do what I do and I love doing it. I pray that I’m doing my job, what I’m here to do on Earth.” -Michael Jackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 6 settembre 2021, 15:53

"Sometimes it's hard for me to look my dates in the eye even if I know them well. My dating and relationships with girls have not had the happy ending I've been looking for. Something always seems to get in the way. The things I share with millions of people aren't the sort of things you share with one. Many girls want to know what makes me tick - why I live the way I live or do the things I do - trying to get inside my head. They want to rescue me from loneliness, but they do it in such a way that they give me the impression they want to share my loneliness, which I wouldn't wish on anybody, because I believe I'm one of the loneliest people in the world.
"She's Out of My Life" is about knowing that the barriers that have separated me from others are temptingly low and seemingly easy to jump over and yet they remain standing while what I really desire disappears from my sight.....But I got too wrapped up in "She's Out of My Life." In this case, the story's true - I cried at the end of a take, because the words suddenly had such a strong effect on me. I had been letting so much build up inside me. I was twenty-one years old, and I was so rich in some experiences while being poor in moments of true joy. Sometimes I imagine that my life experience is like an image in one of those trick mirrors in the circus, fat in one part and thin to the point of disappearing in another. I was worried that would show up on "She's Out of My Life," but if it touched people's heartstrings, knowing that would make me feel less lonely.
When I got emotional after that take, the only people with me were Q and Bruce Swedien. I remember burying my face in my hands and hearing only the hum of the machinery as my sobs echoed in the room. Later I apologised, but they said there was no need.
Making Off the Wall was one of the most difficult periods of my life, despite the eventual success it enjoyed. I had very few close friends at the time and felt very isolated. I was so lonely that I used to walk through my neighborhood hoping I'd run into somebody I could talk to and perhaps become friends with. I wanted to meet people who didn't know who I was. I wanted to run into somebody who would be my friend because they liked me and needed a friend too, not because I was who I am. I wanted to meet anybody in the neighbourhood - the neighbourhood kids, anybody." #MichaelJackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 23 settembre 2021, 9:28

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 settembre 2021, 9:27

"I never knew what I was doing in the early days — I just [performed]. I never knew how I sang, I didn't really control it, it just formed itself. I loved it a lot, though. And I loved watching other people do it.” - Michael Jackson

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 27 settembre 2021, 9:32

" I never have felt that people should feel that they are better then others simply because they just happen to possess a larger share of material items and wealth than others less fortunate. I believe in sharing, assisting and just lending a helping hand "
- Michael Jackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 28 settembre 2021, 20:13

"The whole thing of being in front of the camera and escaping into a whole other world is just wonderful. I have no words to describe the feeling that I had out of filming The Wiz. I'll never get over it.” - Michael Jackson

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 29 settembre 2021, 8:23

′′ Children represent purity. They are the epitome of honesty. The greatest manifestation of God's Love.
In my opinion, children are the way He has to tell the world that there is hope
(Michael Jackson)

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 1 ottobre 2021, 22:06

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 12 ottobre 2021, 7:56

′′ I can still let myself be fascinated by clouds and the vision of a sunset. Yesterday I made a wish watching a rainbow. Every time I see a shooting star I make a wish."
- Michael, Michael.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 ottobre 2021, 16:27

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 16 ottobre 2021, 11:36

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 23 ottobre 2021, 8:58

“I’ve heard that Black people and Black faces don’t sell magazines, but one day you’re going to beg me to be on there.” - Michael Jackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 ottobre 2021, 22:02

"Making The Wiz was an education for me on so many levels. As a recording artist I already felt like an old pro, but the film world was completely new to me. I watched as closely as I could and learned a lot."
- Michael Jackson

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 3 novembre 2021, 7:51

"It’s always a good feeling. I never take it for granted. I’m never puffed up with pride or think I’m better than the next-door neighbor. To be loved is a wonderful thing. That is the main reason I do this. I feel compelled to do it, to give people some sense of escapism, a treat to the eye and the ear. I think it’s the reason I’m here."
- Michael Jackson

"I will never be sad if I leave this world, because I know I will be in a better place. The only thing I care about is that people stop thinking that I did something wrong. I love the kids, and disgusting lies almost killed me. When I die, all the money I have will go to my children and other children of the world." #MichaelJackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 3 novembre 2021, 15:12

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 novembre 2021, 8:30

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 novembre 2021, 8:11

"Fatherhood has changed me in a huge way. You have to value your time differently, no doubt about it. It´s your responsibility to make sure they´re taken care of and raised properly with good manners. But I refuse to let any of it get in the way of the music or the dance or the performing. I have to play two different roles. I always wanted to have a big family.." #MichaelJackson

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 novembre 2021, 8:26

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 29 novembre 2021, 9:49

" I grew up in a fish bowl and will not allow that to happen to my child. Please respect our wishes and give my son his privacy." #MichaelJackson

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 3 dicembre 2021, 11:04

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 5 dicembre 2021, 8:53

“If I sat here and played some chords whatever and say 'I'm gonna write the best song ever written' nothing happens. Something in the Heavens has to say 'Look, this is the time, that this is gonna be laid on you and this is when I want you to have it.” -Michael Jackson

"You can't do your best when you're doubting yourself. If you don't believe in yourself, who will? Just doing as well as you did last time is not good enough. I think of it as the "Try to get what you can" mentality.” -Michael Jackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 dicembre 2021, 9:10

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 11 dicembre 2021, 8:08

“We have to heal our wounded world. The chaos, despair, and senseless destruction we see today are a result of the alienation that people feel from each other and their environment.” -Michael Jackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 14 dicembre 2021, 19:32

"When I was a kid, I was denied not only a childhood, but I was denied love. When I reached out to hug my father, he didn't hug me back. When I was scared on an airplane, he didn't put his arm around me and say, ´Michael, don't worry. It's going to be OK.´ When I was scared to go on stage, he said, ´get your ass on that stage.´ … I will never deny a child love. If it means that I have to be crucified or put in jail for it, then that's just what they're going to have to do." #MichaelJackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 dicembre 2021, 14:16

"When I was little I grew up in an adult world. I grew up on stage. I grew up in night clubs. When I was seven, eight years old I was in nightclubs. I saw striptease girls take off all their clothes. I saw fights break out. I saw people throw up on each other. I saw adults act like pigs. That's why to this day I hate clubs. I don't like going to clubs - I did that already, I've been there. That's why I compensate now for what I didn't do then. So when you come to my house, you'll see I have rides, I have a movie theatre, I have animals. I love animals - elephants and giraffes and lions and tigers and bears, all kinds of snakes. I get to do all those wonderful things that I didn't get to do when I was little, because we didn't have those things. We didn't have Christmas. We didn't have sleepovers. We didn't have school, we had private school when we were touring. I didn't go to a state school. We tried it for two weeks and it didn't work. It was very difficult. It's hard growing up a celebrity child. Very few make that transition from child star to adult star. It's very difficult. I relate to Shirley Temple. I met her in San Francisco and I sat at her table and I cried so bad. She said, 'What's wrong Michael?' I said, 'I love you. I need to be around you more.' She goes, 'You're one of us, aren't you?' and I said 'Yes, I am.' Somebody else said, 'What do you mean?' and she said, 'Michael knows what I mean.' And I know exactly what she meant - to have been there as a child star and to have graduated to have succeeded in making that transition to fame as an adult is very difficult. When you're a child star people don't want you to grow up. They want you to stay little forever. They don't want you to work afterwards. It's very hard." #MichaelJackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 28 dicembre 2021, 20:01

"I am going to say something I have never said before and this is the truth. I have no reason to lie to you and God knows I am telling the truth. I think all my success and fame, and I have wanted it, I have wanted it because I wanted to be loved. That’s all. That’s the real truth. I wanted people to love me, truly love me, because I never really felt loved. I said I know I have the ability. Maybe if I sharpened my craft, maybe people will love me more. I just wanted to be loved because I think it is very important to be loved and to tell people that you love them and to look in their eyes and say it." #MichaelJackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 4 gennaio 2022, 14:31

“All I can hope for is that one day, my family will be shown the same kindness and respect that we have, throughout our lives, shown to others.”
– Michael Jackson, 2004

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 8 gennaio 2022, 8:58

“Prince and Paris changed me in so many ways. I learn as much from them as they learn from me. You learn about having a good heart and being a good-spirited person. And the way I am, I try to imitate them.” -Michael Jackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 gennaio 2022, 12:56

Questionning him on how do you compare acting to performing on the stage ? "I love both. Acting is the cream of the crop. I love performing. It’s a phenomenal getaway. If you want to really let out everything you feel, that’s the time to do it. With acting, it’s like becoming another person. I think that’s neat, especially when you totally forget. If you totally forget, which I love to do, that’s when it’s magic. I love to create magic, to put something together that’s so unusual, so unexpected that it blows people’s heads off. Something ahead of the times. Five steps ahead of what people are thinking. So people see it and say, “Whoa I wasn’t expecting that.” I love surprising people with a present or a gift or a stage performance or anything." #MichaelJackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 14 gennaio 2022, 8:56

“I love the Sermon on the Mount. I love the story when the Apostles are arguing amongst themselves about who is the greatest and Jesus says, “Unless you humble yourself like this little child, be childlike…” I thought that was the perfect thing to say. Return to innocence.” -MJ

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 16 gennaio 2022, 8:20

“We are drawn by water. There is something about our souls that needs water. We flock to beaches, even if we don’t swim. We park our car there just to look out on the calming of the ocean. It’s like therapy, it’s like meditation. It’s like soul food for us. We need it.” -MJ

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 18 gennaio 2022, 8:28

“When circumstances made it increasingly complex for me to attend (church), I was comforted by the belief that God exists in my heart, and in music and in beauty, not only in a building.” -Michael Jackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 gennaio 2022, 8:01

"People, they sit at the table and they pray and all that, which is beautiful, but to DO something is the thing. You know, you have to act, so I think it’s important to help out as much as you can. If one person just helped one child, they’ve done so much." - Michael Jackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 29 gennaio 2022, 8:19

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 30 gennaio 2022, 9:20

"Are we blind to the fact that our children are raging against the indifference, crying out against the abandonment or thundering against the neglect?" -Michael Jackson

"I feel very fortunate to have been blessed with recognition for my efforts. This recognition also brings with it a responsibility to one’s admirers throughout the world. Performers should always serve as role models who set an example for young people." -Michael Jackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 1 febbraio 2022, 10:43

“My biggest dream is one day for Prince and Paris to say to somebody, “He was the best dad.” I would just start crying, just weeping, that’s my reward.” -Michael Jackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 3 febbraio 2022, 20:26

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 4 febbraio 2022, 14:59

“Whenever I feel real depressed and down and out, I force myself to laugh and I try to think of something funny and I feel better. I think some kind of chemical reaction takes place in the soul. I really feel better and I force myself to smile.” -Michael Jackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 6 febbraio 2022, 13:21

In their innocence, very young children know themselves to be light and love. If we will allow them, they can teach us to see ourselves the same way."
- Michael Jackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 11 febbraio 2022, 7:19

"They hunt you, it's terrible....
They never think about how the person feels about what they write"
~ Michael Jackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 16 febbraio 2022, 7:57

"Before you know if you have red hair or brown, before you know if you are black or white, before you know of what religion you are a part, you have to know that you are loved." -Michael Jackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 17 febbraio 2022, 6:02

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 19 febbraio 2022, 7:51

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 febbraio 2022, 7:48

There's a time when I give a concert....I like to have as many people who would like to come and enjoy the show. And there's a time when you like to be in private...when you cut the light. That's your private space.… I’m just a person who wants to be honest and do good and make people happy and give them the greatest sense of escapism through the talent that God has given me, you know ? That’s what my heart is, it’s all I want to do, that’s all. And I just want to say, ‘Look, leave me alone and let me do what I want to do and just share and give and put the smile on people’s face and make their heart feel happy.” #MichaelJackson

Rispondi