Statements and quotes from Michael

Michael Jackson's news in English. Your updated reference for Michael Jackson's news in English language from all around the world. Rumors, gossip and true facts. And a lot of Michael Jackson's beautiful pictures.
soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Re: Statements and quotes from Michael

Messaggio da soulmum » 18 febbraio 2021, 20:30

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 febbraio 2021, 7:49

"I enjoy taking care of my children myself. It's fun. It's why I had them. So I could take care of them. It's great relief for me. It's pleasure. It keeps me happy and laughing. They're wonderful, sweet, innocent children...They (my children) mean... It's hard to put in words, because they mean everything. The way you would explain how your children make you feel... They're the world for me. I wake up and I'm ready for the day because of them. I get them breakfast, I change diapers, if they want to read, we do a lot of reading, we play hide and seek, we play blind fold, and I have a wonderful time with them...I do my best. Sure. I want to be the best father in the world, of course." #MichaelJackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 febbraio 2021, 8:48

′′ Sometimes I happened to walk into a theater to witness some performance and see that everyone stood up to applaud me , just for the happiness of seeing me with each other. In moments like that, I feel honored and very happy..."
-Michael Jackson,1988-

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 3 marzo 2021, 8:33

"The fans don't know how much I love them so. It really can get to a hurting feeling inside due to how strong I love them all." #MichaelJackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 8 marzo 2021, 20:10

“I think we are going to find out in this next century that there is something really magical about laughter. Whenever I feel depressed and down and out,
I force myself to laugh and I try to think of something funny and I feel better.
I think some kind of chemical reaction takes place in the soul. I really feel better and I force myself to smile. I think just smiling, the muscles, it does something and I feel a lot better." #MichaelJackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 9 marzo 2021, 11:09

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 marzo 2021, 8:48

Michael Jackson quote about relationships, revenge, love and sex -- from Deborah Kunesh website Reflections of the Dance http://reflectionsonthedance.com/Factsv ... ction.html

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 12 marzo 2021, 11:55

"..we came off the plane in Dakar, Senegal, Africa, we were greeted by a long line of African dancers. Their drums & sounds filled the air w rhythm... I was screaming, ‘All right! They got the rhythm. This is it. This is where I come from. The origin.’” Michael Jackson #quote

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 16 marzo 2021, 7:46

"My dear mother instilled in me very young to give back, and as I grew in God I knew what I had to do as a believer in Christ. I hate to see suffering, I hate to see people in need, and I feel God gave me a gift, and I have to use it responsibly by giving back, and I’ll do it until I have pennies left or the good Lord ...calls me home." #MichaelJackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 marzo 2021, 8:52

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 marzo 2021, 20:54

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 marzo 2021, 8:42

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 1 aprile 2021, 11:54

"I pray my children will say: Our daddy was a warm and decent man, who tried to give us all the love in the world." -Michael Jackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 17 aprile 2021, 9:24

“Love is the human family’s most precious legacy, its richest bequest, its golden inheritance.” -Michael Jackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 aprile 2021, 16:37

"Elvis Presley being the king of rock, Springsteen being the boss and the Beatles being the best. Yeah, these guys where great but they weren't better singers or dancers than the blacks." - Michael Jackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 30 aprile 2021, 8:26

"The deeper I go into myself, the stronger I become, because I realize that my real self is much bigger than any fear." #MichaelJackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 3 maggio 2021, 16:17

"I always enjoyed the feeling of being onstage, the magic that comes. When I hit the stage it’s like all of a sudden a magic from somewhere just comes and the spirit just hits you and you just lose control of yourself. I came onstage at Quincy’s [Jones] concert at the Rose Bowl and I did not want to go onstage. I was ducking and hiding and hoping he wouldn’t see me hiding behind people when he called me on. Then I went up there and I just went crazy. I started climbing up the scaffold, the speakers, the light gear. The audience started getting into it and I started dancing and singing and that’s what happens." #MichaelJackson (August 1982)

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 5 maggio 2021, 11:05

“People ask me how I make music. I tell them I just step into it. It's like stepping into a river and joining the flow. Every moment in the river has its song.”

— Michael Jackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 5 maggio 2021, 21:09

'' I think that of all the beautiful and wonderful cities in which we performed on the #HIStoryWorldTour, Kuala Lumpur must have been one of the most difficult.
I remember being backstage for group prayer, when the announcement was made that there should be "NO GRABBING of our groins tonight" because we could "be sent to prison for indecency".
Michael quickly said, "I'm going to do my best, but I can't promise anything."
As soon as the show started all I could think of was "don't put my hand anywhere near my groin".
I remember grabbing my groin a few times, then quickly taking it off. It was almost impossible not to grab the groin, thank God we got over it and none of us were arrested. ''
Source : LaVelle Smith Jr,
Dancer, choreographer and personal friend of #MichaelJackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 7 maggio 2021, 16:56

"That’s what God gave us talent for. To give, to help people, and to give back." -Michael Jackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 maggio 2021, 20:50

“I hate labels, because it should be just music. Call it disco, call it anything, it’s music to me, it’s beautiful to the ear, and that’s what counts.” - Michael Jackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 14 maggio 2021, 10:12

"Words can't describe how I feel... I have been blessed beyond comprehension and I will work tirelessly at being the best father that I can possibly be. I appreciate that my fans are elated" #MichaelJackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 15 maggio 2021, 20:50

"My mother knew her polio was not a curse but a test that God gave her to triumph over, and she instilled in me a love of Him that I will always have. She taught me that my talent for singing and dancing was as much God's work as a beautiful sunset or a storm that left snow for children to play in." #MichaelJackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 17 maggio 2021, 12:58

“I´m proud of my heritage. I´m proud of it. I´m proud to be black.
I´m honored to be black, and I just hope one day they will be fair in portraying me the way I really, really am….just a loving, peaceful guy wanting to make wonderful, unprecedented entertainment and songs and music and film for the world. That´s all I want to do. I´m no threat. I just want to do that. That´s what I want to do. To bring joy to the world.” #MichaelJackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 19 maggio 2021, 8:01

"The price of fame can be a heavy one. Consider, that you really
have no privacy. I´ve been accused of being obsessed with my privacy and it´s true that I am. If you were to ask me why I wear sunglasses in public as often as I do, I'd tell you it's because I simply don't like to have to constantly look everyone in the eye. It's a way of concealing just a bit of myself. There is so little privacy in my life that concealing
a little bit of me is a way to give myself a break from all that.
I like my privacy." #MichaelJackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 maggio 2021, 8:05

“…I’m just a person who wants to be honest and do good and make people happy and give them the greatest sense of escapism through the talent that God has given me, you know? That’s what my heart is, it’s all I want to do, that’s all. And I just want to say, ‘Look, leave me alone and let me do what I want to do and just share and give and put the smile on people’s face and make their heart feel happy.” #MichaelJackson (April 1999)

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 25 maggio 2021, 7:34

"It was, um, it's hard to explain. It was quite exciting, to feel the audience and to see them and to be accepted so warmly by them.
Um, it's just an incredible feeling. It really is. They're there to support you and to love you and to hear their favorite songs and you're just standing there and they're just giving you so much adulation and love and the sprit is just full of love, it's wonderful. It's very emotional. It, uh, brings me to tears. It's wonderful." #MichaelJackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 30 maggio 2021, 16:43

"I'm not crazy, I'm very smart. You can't go that far with success and be stupid." - Michael told Bashir

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 1 giugno 2021, 8:35

"I pray when i see something that's totally magnificent. How could you not see that and go, ´Wow, what a good God.´"
"God has always been in my heart and a part of my life and my family's lives. It is through Him that we draw our strength."
#MichaelJackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 11 giugno 2021, 20:47

"Everybody has many facets to them and I’m no different. When I’m in public, I often feel shy and reserved. Obviously, I feel differently away from the glare of cameras and staring people. My friends, my close associates, know there’s another Michael that I find it difficult to present in the outlandish “public” situations I often find myself in." #MichaelJackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 11 giugno 2021, 21:28

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 14 giugno 2021, 10:09

“I'm confident the police dept. will conduct a FAIR & THOROUGH investigation & that its results will demonstrate that there was no wrongdoing on my part. I'm grateful for the overwhelming support of my fans throughout the world. I love you all.” -MJ 1993

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 15 giugno 2021, 16:47

“We were jubilant when we learned we had passed the Motown audition. I remember Berry Gordy sitting us all down and saying that we were going to make history together. "I'm gonna make you the biggest thing in the world, and you're gonna be written about in history books.” MJ

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 19 giugno 2021, 9:30

"Knowledge does not only consist of libraries full of paper and ink, but also of that knowledge which is written in human hearts, modeled on the human soul and engraved in the psyche of all of us."
(Michael Jackson)

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 19 giugno 2021, 9:51

"I hate exercise. I hate it so much. The only thing I do is dance. This is exercise. That's why I like some of the karate or kung fu stuff. It's all dance. But sit-ups? I hate it."
Michael during an interview by Edna Gundersen. USA TODAY 2001

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 23 giugno 2021, 8:14

"My first memories of my Mom are of her holding me and singing songs like 'You Are My Sunshine' and 'Cotton Fields.' She has always had a beautiful voice. I suppose I got my singing ability from my mother - and or course, from God." #MichaelJackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 giugno 2021, 20:51

"When I did the Moonwalk for the first time, Motown 25, they told me that I doing burlesque dancing and it was dirty and I went for months and they said, "You can never dance like that again." I said 90,9 percent of dancing is moving the waist. They said, "We don´t want you to do it." So I went around trying to dance for a long time without moving this part of my body. Then when I made Thriller with all the ghouls an ghosts, they said that it was demonic and part of the occult and that Brother Jackson can´t do it. I called my lawyer and was crying and I said: "Destroy the video, have it destroyed." And because he went against my wishes, people have "Thriller" today. They made me feel so bad about it that I ordered people to destroy it.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 28 giugno 2021, 16:27

"The great man is one who does not lose the heart of a child."
#MichaelJackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 29 giugno 2021, 8:05

"(Once) I took a whole bottle of scotch an I poured it into this glas in this serious meeting with all these people and I started to drink the whole thing in one gulp. And I swallowed it and I started breathing and everyone went silent. I filled it with water. They died laughing.
I love doing stuff like that. I had ´em. They thought it was vodka." #MichaelJackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 1 luglio 2021, 20:40

"The songwriting process is something very difficult to explain because it’s very spiritual…You really have it in the hands of God, and it’s as if it’s been written already – that’s the real truth. As if it's been written in its entirety before we’re born and you’re just really the source through which the songs come.” - Michael Jackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 6 luglio 2021, 20:52

“Gloves were just to enhance the movement. I thought one was cooler than two. The eye goes to where the white is. And your feet, if you are dancing, you can put an exclamation point in your movement, if you have a point of light on it. So, I wore white socks … I never stopped wearing them. Ever. My brothers would call me a dip, but I didn’t care. My brother Jermaine would get upset and call my mother, “Mother, Michael’s wearing his white socks again. Can’t you do something? Talk to him.” He would complain bitterly. They’d all tell me I was a goofball. But I still wore my white socks, and now it’s cool again. Those white socks must have caught on just to spite Jermaine. I get tickled when I think about it.” #MichaelJackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 9 luglio 2021, 12:48

"I have always be kinda determined. I have always have a vision of things I have wanted to do and goals I have wanted to reach and nothing could stop me getting that. I am focused and I know what
I want and what I want to achieve and I won´t get side-tracked.
And even though I get down sometimes, I keep running the race
of endurance to achieve those goals. It keeps me on track. I am dedicated." #MichaelJackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 15 luglio 2021, 9:00

.My Childhood, My Sabbath, My Freedom
''My most precious days when I was a child were those Sundays when I could be free. That's what Sabbath has always been for me. A day of freedom''.
''In one of our conversations, my friend Rabbi Shmuley told me that he had asked some of his colleagues, writers, thinkers, and artists to write about their reflections on the Sabbath.
He then suggested that I write my own opinions on the subject, a project I found intriguing and timely given the recent passing of Rose Fine, a Jewish woman who was my dear tutor, who traveled with me and my brothers when we were all at Jackson. Five .
When people watch the television appearances I made when I was a little boy, 8 or 9 years old and just starting my long musical career, they saw a little boy with a big smile. They assume that that little boy is smiling because he is happy, that he is singing from his heart because he is joyful, and that he is dancing with an energy that never ends because he is calm.
But while singing and dancing was, and no doubt remains, one of my greatest joys at that time, what I wanted more than anything else were two things that make childhood the best years of life, which is playing. and the feeling of freedom.
Most of the audience has yet to really understand the pressures of being a celebrity as a kid, which, while exciting, always comes at a very high price. Above all, I wanted to be a normal little boy. I wanted to build tree houses and go to rollerblading parties.
But too soon, this became impossible. I had to accept that my childhood would be different from most others. But that's what always made me think about what it would be like to have a normal childhood.
There was one day a week, however, when I could escape the Hollywood stage and concert hall crowds. That day was the Sabbath. In all religions, the Sabbath is the day that allows and makes those who have faith escape from everyday life and focus on what is exceptional.
I learned something about the Jewish Sabbath in particular from Rose, and my friend Shmuley later made it clear to me how, on the Jewish Sabbath, the daily chores of preparing dinner, grocery shopping, and mowing the lawn are prohibited for humanity can make the normal the extraordinary, and the natural the miraculous.
Even things like shopping or turning on lights are prohibited. On that day, the Sabbath, every person in the world has to stop being normal. But what I most wanted was to be normal. So, in my world, Sabbath was the day I could escape from my specific life and take a look at everyday life.
Sundays were my days of “Pioneering,” the term used for the missionary work that Jehovah's Witnesses do. We'd spend the day in the Southern California suburbs, going door-to-door or walking around shopping malls, distributing our Watchtower magazine. I continued with this work of mine for years and years after my career had been launched.
Until 1991, the time of the Dangerous Tour , I put on my outfit with baggy clothes, a wig, beard and glasses and went to life in the Land of America everyday, visiting malls and homes in the suburbs. I loved walking into all those houses, seeing those threadbare rugs and beach chairs, with kids playing Monopoly, grandmas taking care of the babies, and all those wonderfully normal, and for me, magical scenes of life.
Many, I know, would say that all this is no big deal. But to me they were highly fascinating. What's funny is that no adults suspected who that strange man with the beard was. But the kids, with their extra intuition, knew right away.
As the Magic Pied Piper of Hamlin, I found myself followed by eight or nine kids on my second run at the mall . They followed me and whispered and laughed, but they didn't reveal my secret to their parents. They were my little helpers. Hey, maybe you bought a magazine from me. Now you are wondering, right?
Sundays were sacred for two other reasons when I was growing up. They were both the day I went to church and the day I spent rehearsing as much as possible. This might seem against the idea of ​​“resting on the Sabbath,” but it was the most sacred way I could spend my time: developing the talents God gave me. The best way I can think of to show my gratitude is to make the most of the gift God has given me.
The church was a good thing too. It was, again, the chance for me to be “normal”. Fellow church members treated me the same way they treated everyone else. And they were never bothered on the days when the back of the church was filled with reporters who had discovered my whereabouts. They tried to receive them. After all, even reporters are God's children.
When I was young, my entire family went to church together in Indiana. As we grew up, this became difficult, and my remarkable and truly holy mother sometimes ended up going there alone.
When circumstances made it increasingly difficult for me to go, I was relieved to believe that God exists in my heart, in music and in beauty, not just in a building. But I still miss the sense of community I had there — I miss the friends and the people who treated me like any of them. Simply human. Sharing a day with God.
When I became a father, my whole idea of ​​God and the Sabbath was redefined. When I look into the eyes of my son, Prince, and my daughter, Paris, I see miracles and I see beauty. Every single day becomes the Sabbath. Having children makes me enter this magical and sacred world of every moment of everyday life. I see God in my children. I speak to God through them. And I am humbled by the blessings He has given me.
There were times in my life when I, like everyone else, doubted the existence of God. When Prince smiles, or when Paris giggles, I have no doubts. Children are the gifts that God has given us. No—they are more than that—they are the very form of God's energy, creativity, and love. It must be found in their innocence, experienced in their joy.
My most precious days when I was a child were those Sundays when I could be free. That's what Sabbath has always been for me. A day of freedom. Now I find that freedom and magic in every day, in my role as a father. The amazing thing is that we all have the ability to make every day the precious Sabbath day.
And we do this by dedicating ourselves to the wonders of childhood. We do this by giving our whole heart and mind to those little beings we call son and daughter. The time we spend with them is the Sabbath. The place where this happens is called Paradise.''
#MichaelJackson
Title of original text ' My Childhood, My Sabbath, My Freedom '

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 luglio 2021, 9:02

′′ I try to be kind and generous and I give and do for people what God wants from me."
- Michael

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 luglio 2021, 10:54

“In my business you can’t trust anyone because you don’t know who’s your friend. Becoming successful means you become a prisoner.” -Michael Jackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 25 luglio 2021, 10:29

Immagine
Source 'Moonwalk' by Michael Jackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 luglio 2021, 18:32

"That’s what’s so wonderful about traveling. I get to see all the cultures, people, and the children. It’s wonderful. It’s my greatest inspiration, I would say." - Michael Jackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 29 luglio 2021, 10:35

“In the end, the most important thing is to be true to yourself and those you love and work hard. I mean, work like there's no tomorrow. Train. Strive. I mean, really train and cultivate your talent to the highest degree. Be the best at what you do. Get to know more about your field than anybody alive. Use the tools of your trade, if it's books or a floor to dance on or a body of water to swim in.
Whatever it is, it's yours.”
#michaeljackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 29 luglio 2021, 15:00

"Success definitely brings on loneliness. People thinks that you are lucky, that you have everything. They think you can go anywhere and do anything, but that´s not the point. One hunger´s for the basic stuff." #MichaelJackson

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 5 agosto 2021, 13:14

"We can pray to the angels and they will listen.But the best way to call them, I am told, is to laugh." - Michael Jackson

Rispondi