Honour MJ Campaign

Michael Jackson's news in English. Your updated reference for Michael Jackson's news in English language from all around the world. Rumors, gossip and true facts. And a lot of Michael Jackson's beautiful pictures.
Rispondi
soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Re: Honour MJ Campaign

Messaggio da soulmum » 15 dicembre 2020, 21:07

“Memories of Michael Jackson" by Chef Larry Banares
I was the Executive Chef for the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim and it is there that I began cooking for Michael Jackson in the late eighties, first along with his personal chef Mani Khalsa who cooked at his residence, then on my own. I had just been selected as a member of the U.S. Culinary Team, a prestigious accomplishment, going on to win three Culinary Olympics gold medals in the world competition, as the first Pilipino / Asian American in this elite group of chefs. So who better to cook for Michael at his "second home" than an international awarding winning chef? Mani and I would coordinate menus and product list via fax (no e-mail in those days) so Michael's frequent visits became "my baby". Michael visited Disneyland several times over a three year period at the height of his career and I was blessed with the opportunity of cooking for the "King of Pop" every time he stayed with us.
Needless to stay, his status commanded the utmost security and care. Many celebrities rent out an entire floor when staying at a hotel, but Michael's handlers would rent out the entire floor above and the entire floor below Michael's floor. The logistics in mapping out Michael's every move were mind-boggling. From developing alternate travel routes to and from his suite, to the elaborate disguises I witnessed laid out in his parlor, to the coordination of his entire meal service. It took amazing effort to get Michael to and from the "Happiest Place on Earth".
Michael's menus at the time were a bit challenging, as he was a vegetarian and we followed strict guidelines in preparing his meals. Although I would have loved to introduce a few Filipino inspired dishes such as my Okoy, it was all about adhering to Michael's meal plan. Lot’s of fruit smoothies and purees, vegetarian casseroles and sandwiches, and his most favorite dish, tofu and cheese enchiladas with green tomatillo sauce.
With Michael in the hotel, I would "divorce" myself from the day-to-day operations to be on call “24/7” for Jackson, his entourage and guests. I would set up special storage areas for Michael's food products, even putting aside equipment, such as blenders utensils, pots and pans designated for “Michael’s food preparation only”. I would prepare Michael's food in our main kitchen as well as in his suite which offered me the opportunity to get a glimpse into his personal life, well, as personal as it could be, with the many handlers and assistants that surrounded him.
I would be in Michael's suite to prepare his dinners and at times, he would entertain large groups of people. Michael would wander into the kitchen while I was cooking and make comments on “how good the food smelled and looked”. He would even grab a taste of what I was cooking and comment favorably. It was through these exchanges that I drew my first impressions that Michael was a gentle, serene, and respectful person. He never appeared to be demanding or impressed with himself. These feelings would soon be confirmed in a big way. One evening Michael came to the kitchen, gently grabbed me by the arm and said, "Chef, you're going to sit down and have dinner with us". Totally caught off guard by Michael's thoughtfulness and generosity, I at first declined but Michael persisted and shortly I found myself sitting shyly at the end of the table, stirring food around on my plate, watching the King of Pop have dinner.
After cooking for Michael a number of times, I was asked by family and friends to take a picture with Michael as a keepsake. Never the autograph-seeker, I did not want to impose upon him to ask for a photo or an autograph. But I finally succumbed, realizing that I should that I should somehow document my experiences with Michael. So, during a visit, I got up enough courage to bring a camera to his suite. I kept taking the camera out of my pocket every time I thought the opportunity was right, only to return it due to my own shyness. I realized that Michael would soon be leaving the hotel and this was my chance or I may have to wait until his next visit. As Michael walked toward me in the hallway, he saw me fumbling to get the camera out and again a testament to his kindness, he took all the pressure off by saying, "Let's take a picture!" as he handed the camera to one of his assistants who snapped the photo.
Michael's global mega-star image was created by the persona. It was necessary to have the many handlers and assistants, as the demands put upon him were immense, but I feel his persona demanded ultra VIP treatment, not Michael the person. One example that stands out is an occasion where we misplaced Michael's ice cream. After all-out, property-wide search, it was later found, totally melted. I reluctantly reported this to Jackson’s aid, terribly worried because it was Michael's dessert that evening. The aid returned shortly, calmly saying, "The ice cream is no problem., but can we use your helio-port because we're going to have a pint of Michael's favorite ice cream delivered via helicopter for his dinner tonight." This is the treatment that a mega-star commands, but I think Michael would have easily settled for a fruit cup or another kind of dessert if he knew how much effort it took to get his ice cream.
Upon learning of his passing, my initial reaction was that of shock and disbelief. As the confirmations rolled in one after the other, I began to come to grips that the "World's Greatest Entertainer" had left us. The television news networks began running videos of Michael's many performances. And upon hearing Michael's gentle voice in a sound bite, a lump developed in my throat and my eyes welled up with tears.
Michael Jackson "The World's Best Ever" was sadly a prisoner of his own fame. And because of this, led a controversial and tumultuous life, leading many to speculate and make assumptions. These impressions are often based on what one sees or hears, but rarely based upon what one really knows. For me, I witnessed Michael's kindness, serenity, and humility and I did so firsthand, and this is how I will always remember Michael Jackson.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 17 dicembre 2020, 6:30

"It is scary to see him on stage, and the metamorphosis that takes place... Because when he is at home he is very soft, he speaks sweetly, calmly and humbly, and then one goes to a concert and on stage,
he is a totally different person, he is outgoing and total commander." #SammyDavisJr

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 18 dicembre 2020, 15:38

The untold story is about the relationship between singer #MichaelJackson and his chimpanzee Bubbles. Let's talk about the unseen side and highlights the path Bubbles' life took once he hit adolescence and Michael could no longer care for him, to where he is now in Florida more than 20 years later.
Chimps make terrible pets as they are wild animals and don't go by our human rules... and require their natural environment and soical structure. They are a part of nature.
Gutter press like to claim Michael gave Bubbles away because he wasn't young and cute anymore, as if he was uncaring and treated Bubbles companionship in a frivolous way. THIS IS NOT TRUE....
When Chimpanzees, even ones that have been raised with and by humans, reach puberty they become aggressive particularly to outsiders... they can become dangerous to their handlers as well.
In a recent video we can see how #EddieMurphy is describing, in his own humourous way, having witnessed a Bubbles too aggressive and dangerous to be in the same room as him anymore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHl7yz93ho...
They rip things up, they do dirty protests (throw their poop around), they grab at hands to bite without warning... in short they become a nightmare to live with! Once again this is not the truth.
Because they are a wild animal. Michael Jackson was quite out of his depth when Bubbles behaviour started to change, he without doubt had an the extremely naive notion that Bubbles was like a little human child and could remain one, forever.
He probably took the change personally, as many people that have an animal experiencing unexplained aggression often do; they think the animal is being bad.
Michael hired trainers to attempt to make Bubbles less aggressive, remove the temperamental unpredictable nature of the ape.
He hired people he trusted knew better than him and were professionals, to improve bubbles, and give Michael advice on how to live with Bubbles in harmony... however, the knowledge of what apes needed was more limited then, and some of these trainers could have suggested inappropriate things, that possibly made the situation worse. As the truth is, you simply cannot live with a chimpanzee.
The most recomended means back then, to make such an animal docile, would have been to use force-dominace-based training (so common back then even for pet dogs!), which, with today's understanding, we know isn't a good choice, and ruins the relationship we have with an animal.
Michael Jackson learned from his mistakes, stopped dressing Bubbles like a child, became aware Bubbles was never going to be a little furry human again, that his buddy that had enjoyed cuddles and pizza was now mentally mature. And he eventually gave the ape to someone that could provide the life and ape soical structure Bubbles needed.
In my opinion, Michael Jackson did the responsible thing, by giving up Bubbles. Because he loved, and wanted the best for him. As he had always done.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 dicembre 2020, 8:45

Smooth Icons 2020: Michael Jackson is voted the number one artist of all time

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 dicembre 2020, 20:26

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 dicembre 2020, 20:06

December 23, 1990. MTV renamed the MTV Video Vanguard Award in honor to #MichaelJackson as Artist Of The Decade from Tom Freston's hands, chairman/CEO/MTV Networks

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 dicembre 2020, 21:15

Mourad Mesellaty

#StoryOfTheDay...During her teenage years Lucy and her siblings were so close to Michael Jackson's children they regarded each other as cousins and they even spent one Christmas together.
So much so that in 2005, Michael Jackson rented a sultan’s palace in Bahrain and put the Lesters up in the nearby Ritz Hotel so they could all spend Christmas together.
“I remember the car picking us up and taking us there,” said Lucy. “It was only about 10 minutes away but the drive to the house must have been about a mile long and there were all these rose gardens and water features. It was amazing.
“When we went inside, it was massive. The ceilings must have been 50 foot tall and the Christmas tree reached the top.
“It was huge. I’ve never seen a tree that big and on Christmas Eve a Toys ‘R Us truck full of presents pulled up. It was like a film and it seemed so magical at the time.”
Lucy’s father is former child star Mark Lester who starred in the 1968 film Oliver! and is a familiar figure on TV and newspapers defending his late friend against recent damaging accusations ranging from bizarre behaviour to child sex abuse.
In recent months the actor, who retired from showbiz to work as an osteopath in Cheltenham, has appeared on TV to loyally defend the star in the wake of allegations raised in the disturbing Leaving Neverland documentary
Now Lucy has agreed to speak out for the first time since Michael Jackson's death 10 years ago this June to talk about the man she knew and what it was like for an ordinary Gloucestershire girl to have one of the most famous men on the planet as her godfather.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYMEespjyuQ...
Michael Jackson - Days In Gloucestershire (2019 Remastered)
And she says the “wacko Jacko” image is nothing like the real Michael Jackson known by her, her sisters Harriet, 25, and Olivia, 23, and their 19-year-old brother Felix.
“Dad met Michael when he was 18, long before I was even born so for me it's always been pretty normal,” she said about having one of the most significant cultural figures of the 20th century as part of her life.
“It’s only now looking back that it sounds pretty surreal, as if you are describing someone else’s life not your own. But it was just normal at the time.”
Although he was always in the background, Lucy never met the star face to face until she was about 12.
Her sisters, who now live in Oxford and London, used to go to Michael Jackson's Neverland ranch in California but it never worked out with her school holidays and she'd have to listen to stories such as the time they were on a train and a giraffe put its head through the window.
The first time she personally met Michael Jackson face to face was when he flew her father and all four children out to the Four Seasons Hotel in Las Vegas so he could cement the links between the two families by becoming their godfather and making Mark godfather to his three children.
“We flew over for the naming ceremony but the thing I remember most was that it was Halloween, which is really big in America, and we went trick or treating with Michael and the kids," she said.
“I remember children walking past with their parents and saying ‘Look it’s Michael Jackson' and then somebody else would say ‘Don’t be ridiculous, it’s someone dressed up as him for Halloween.'
“It was so funny because nobody believed it was him.”
It was during this trip that Michael tried to teach her to do his famous moonwalk dance but Lucy says despite the best tuition in the world she still hasn’t mastered Michael Jackson's signature move because she can't dance.
After that the families met up every time Michael Jackson came to England and the Lesters formed a strong bond with his children Prince, Paris and Blanket.
While Christmas 2005, Michael Jackson hired two violinists to play over Christmas dinner and then the Lesters opened their numerous presents from the star which included lap tops, MP3 players, expensive perfume and Chanel make-up.
“When we went back at the end of the holiday there was so much stuff that me and my dad had to go to the lobby to buy duffel bags to put it all in," she said.
“It was crazy. There was so much we could not take it all back and had to to have half the presents shipped back to Cheltenham.
“I remember my dad looking at a big inflatable bouncy castle and saying ‘that’ll never fit into our back garden in Cheltenham’.”
During Michael Jackson’s final few years he was a frequent visitor to Britain and every time he asked the Lesters to visit so the children would hang out with Prince, Paris and Blanket.
Most of the time he stayed at the Dorchester Hotel in London and the Lester children often had to negotiate the screaming fans who would gather under his regular suite hoping to get a glimpse of the star.
Ever the practical joker, Michael Jackson once asked her to open his curtains and laughed when she jumped back after being confronted with an army of fans who thought it was the star making an appearance.
Talking about Michael Jackson's image and the press did spread...
“I think by that time all the work had been done so that's all I had never known him as,” she said.
“In real life it does not look as dramatic as the papers make it out to be. Maybe that's because that’s what I’d always known him as.”
“Obviously if we went out there would be security and hordes of people taking pictures but as soon as we were back inside it was just two normal families together,” she said.
“My dad and Michael would be chatting and we would hang out with the kids. We would order pizza, chips and ice-cream on room service and sit around talking and watching TV and films.
“We grew up together and spent so much time together we referred to each other as cousins.
“There was one time when we were really, really bored and Michael cleared it his with security to take me, Prince and Paris to the cinema.
“Nobody knew what the kids looked like because they usually wore masks when they went out, but this the one time Michael said they didn’t have to and we went to see Bolt in 3D."
But although it was a rare taste of normality she says the Jackson children never seemed to think their lifestyle was out of the ordinary or throw their weight around.
Naturally the three girls gravitated towards Paris who was a few years younger than Lucy.
“They never said anything and I never asked,” said Lucy. “ I think they were just accepting of it. They were nice, really polite children and not spoilt at all. They were really close and I never saw them rowing or throwing tantrums.
"They were the kind of children you would choose as your friends. Blanket was a baby when we met. Paris was quite quiet and really, really sweet.
“I remember we bought her this pendant necklace with a blue sandal on it for her birthday, or maybe a late Christmas present.
“She adored it and wanted us to put it on her. She said it was the best present she had ever had, which was really endearing because she could probably have had anything she wanted.”
Back in Cheltenham word got around that a local man was one of Michael Jackson's best friends.
“I never went around telling people but it was common knowledge,” said Lucy who attended St Edward's School in Cheltenham.
“A lot of people didn't believe it was true, which didn’t bother me because I didn’t have anything to prove.
“My friends who did know would say things like 'next time you go up can you ask him for a signed photograph because my mother loves him'."
In 2007, Michael Jackson took over the entire top floor of the famous Cliveden House hotel in Buckinghamshire for five weeks while he negotiated for the Beatles back catalogue with Sony and while there he invited the family to attend Prince’s birthday party. The girls were each allowed to take a thrilled friend to the lavish party.
As usual at the end of their stay Mark politely said ‘you must come to see us in Cheltenham' and was shocked when Michael Jackson took him up on the offer there and then and immediately started piling his family into a security car to follow the Lesters up the M5.
“They rocked up in a security car and sneaked into the house,” said Lucy laughing at the memory. “We shut the blinds but people started to gather outside almost straight away.
“People knew who my dad was so when a car with blacked out security windows parked in the street they wanted to to know if it was him.
“Dad asked what everybody wanted to eat and Michael said he’d like to try fish and chips. Someone went to the chippie and we all sat around the table together eating fish chips and mushy peas. Michael said he loved it."
Being able to tell your friends that you had Michael Jackson around for tea wasn't always easy as more and more allegations were made about Jackson’s private life.
“I remember being at school around the time of his trial,” said Lucy.
“I don't think I had been there very long and was waiting for my parents to collect me when two girls started talking within earshot about the trial and saying some things that were not true.
“They weren’t to know he was a friend of the family but it was all I could do not to say something to them. When I hear people who have never met him being negative about him it’s really, really hard not to say anything.
“I want to march over saying “I’ll have you know’ but there was no point.”
Although she is hurt when she hears people attacking Jackson or reads negative comments online, she rarely tackles them head on because experience shows it does no good.
As far as she is concerned she is the one who knew what he was like and she will remember the “lovely” dad who would do ordinary things like eat popcorn in front of a film or offer her a piece of Hubba Bubba chewing gum as they travelled in his car.
A practical joker who would drop water bombs from his balcony with her dad and a generous man who once took them shopping in malls and told them they could have anything they wanted is how she remembers him.
“He’s made out to be this big character but maybe that’s a stage persona and people are different backstage,” she said.
“As soon as he saw us he would give us a big hug and just start talking about normal stuff like how we were getting along in school? He was very down to earth and he’d just talk about the family and everyday things.
“It’s weird because the media make him out to be wacky and eccentric, but for me he was just a family friend. A friend of my dads.”
Visiting Michael Jackson also taught her the reality of fame and when with Michael Jackson they had to sneak in through back doors and shop behind closed shutters in empty stores to avoid the crowds.
Fervent fans used to press notes and presents for Michael Jackson into her hand every time they arrived or left the Dorchester and she says he was delighted to get them.
“He used to say his fans knew where he would be before he did,” she said. “Once we went to see Billy Elliott and we had to drive through what seemed like thousands of screaming fans.
“It was quite scary but Michael was just laughing. He wound the window down and shouted to somebody 'I love your banner, I want your banner'.
“The fans thought it was brilliant and we had to help him pull the banners into the car. It was so funny to see. I suppose he was quite childlike because he was so excitable.”
On March 5, 2009, Michael Jackson announced ‘This Is It’, a 10-concert residency at the O2 arena in London.
Lucy says he was so nervous about announcing his comeback that he asked her father to attend the much publicised launch of the concerts which sold out so fast that 40 more dates were added.
That April was the last time they saw each other and he gave his godchildren Mac computers and gift vouchers as late Christmas presents before flying back to America.
“The last time I spoke to him was three days before he passed away,” said Lucy. “He was in rehearsals in America and on the phone to my dad a lot.
“I happened to be around my dad’s once and as usual he asked to be put on to me so he could say ‘hi’. He was asking how things were going and what I was up to.
“I was telling him I wasn’t sure what to do for my 18th birthday and he said he would reserve front row seats for me and a couple of friends at one of the concerts and we could go backstage afterwards.
“The plan was that he was going to rent somewhere half hour from the stadium that had a guest house in the grounds so that our family could stay there.”
Days later a friend messaged her to turn on TV and she saw the conflicting and confusing reports coming out of America saying Jackson had been rushed to hospital.
As her father tried to frantically find out the truth on the phone, she spent the rest of the night at her nearby home glued to the TV, flicking through the channels hoping to hear it was a big mistake.
“I waited until 7am when I knew everybody would be up to go to my dad’s,” she said.
“I had been up all night and was like a zombie. When I turned the corner into his street there were news vans and TV crews swarming all over my dad’s house.
“I just wanted to get in and speak to my dad but they were asking me all sorts of questions. My brothers and sisters had only found out that morning and were in complete shock."
Lucy struggled to accept that her godfather was dead and for a long time afterwards could not eat hoping to hear it was a mistake or hoax.
“He passed away on 25 June and it was my 18th birthday on July 15,” she said. “I went out with some friends and obviously a lot of the clubs were playing his music as a tribute.
“One of his songs came on, I think it was You are Not Alone, and I had a complete and utter breakdown in the club.
“I hadn't cried until then but I went out in a ball of tears. I don’t know if it was because it had finally hit home and hearing music made me think how I would never see him again, but I had a meltdown.”
Although songs like BAD fill her with bittersweet memories, one of the hardest things to accept is losing touch with Prince, Paris and Blanket who were whisked away by the Jackson family shortly after the star's death.
“It was a massive thing,” said Lucy. “I wanted to speak to the kids, I wanted to know if they were OK or needed anything but with Michael gone we had no way of getting in touch.
“Having to watch someone you consider one of your cousins grow up in the media is really hard.
“I think it was a few months later when Paris tried to take her own life. I was pulling into a petrol station and turned radio on when I heard it and phoned my dad.
“There was nothing I could do and it made me feel helpless. If it had been a normal friend I could have picked up the phone or gone around to talk to them.
“Not being able to do anything was so frustrating. All I wanted to do was give her a hug and tell her it would be OK so it was a really, really difficult time.”
After Michael died people tried to contact the Lesters through social media pretending to be Paris so so they changed profiles and developed a series of questions only she would know. Sadly none of them turned out to be the real Paris.
Lucy sent a message to what she believes is Paris’s real Instagram page and although it’s not been opened, she lives in hope that Jackson’s daughter will remember the time they were close enough to swap friendship bracelets and watch films together.
“Having to hear people say things about him when they don’t know him is probably the most difficult thing of all. I can speak from personal experience and all I can say is that I never thought there was anything untoward. Michael was a lovely family man.
“I don’t get into arguments about it. There’s no point. But there is nothing that has made me feel like it could possibly be true. The person described in the newspapers who allegedly did these things was so far from the Michael I knew.
''All I can say is that I racked up a lot of hours with him and I never ever saw anything to suggest anything like that."

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 dicembre 2020, 10:34

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 27 dicembre 2020, 10:48

"Neverland Valley was Michael’s homage to the children of the world, especially those that were ill, underprivileged or neglected. Michael wanted the children to have the time of their life and to forget their troubles, at least for the time they were at the ranch. Michael had a hand in everything that was done at the ranch. His attention to detail was extraordinary. He had every ride in the Midway specially modified to protect children who had physical impairments. The people who managed the rides were sent to Kansas City every six months to practice extraction techniques for children who were physically challenged. I was happy to donate whatever I could for such a noble project." #DavidNordahl, artist and Michael´s friend

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 28 dicembre 2020, 20:26

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 30 dicembre 2020, 12:13

"His manager said to me, ‘make sure you find room for him to dance’. So I went through it with him, and said we had this chorus that we could do the dancing. When we came to do it, I said ‘I’ll show you all the paving stones that light up’, and I led him along the street. ‘This one, these two, that one…shall we walk it through and rehearse?’, and he said ‘no, let’s just do it.’ I’m on camera tracking back as he came forward - and it was astounding. When he came forward through that chorus, my eyepiece literally steamed up, and I’m thinking, ‘fucking hell, this is amazing, he is incredible.’ Dancing on his toes, the whole thing. We shot that first take, got to the end, and everyone, up in the gantries, eating their sandwiches, reading the paper, painters working on another set, just burst into applause. We all just knew we’d seen another era of superstar that the world was about to see. It was a major moment.” #SteveBarron 'Billie Jean' Film Director

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 31 dicembre 2020, 8:23

Karen Faye
@wingheart

Michael’s level of “shyness” may be surprising. Very few ppl were around when these were shot. He wasn’t shy around me. Being a PROFESSIONAL (makeup and hair artist) allows ppl to be confident in your artistic process. Does he appear shy “on stage” during a concert?

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 31 dicembre 2020, 12:11

"There was really something about Michael Jackson. He was so likeable. At his most charming, he had one of the most charismatic and endearing personas we’d ever seen." Bill Wyman, Vulture
Source: https://bit.ly/3dBvfgh

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 2 gennaio 2021, 15:14

“You know, I was dancing around in the clouds with Michael Jackson. However wack anyone thought ‘Whatzupwitu’ was, there’s not a lot of people that have footage of themselves dancing around in the clouds with Michael Jackson. I do have that forever.” Eddie Murphy
Source: https://bit.ly/2G2tP21

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 4 gennaio 2021, 11:51

“We met at one of my last races in 2006 in Bahrain. I was amazed how could somebody, who is such a giant on stage, be so insecure, shy and fearful in real life. That was probably because so many people took advantage of him.” #MichaelSchumacher

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 5 gennaio 2021, 9:20

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 5 gennaio 2021, 15:15

"All those laughs we had together....I remember chasing each other through the halls of hotels on tour. He was a fast runner... Or the food fights in our rooms. But mostly, I always remember his smile when we listened to a completed song. There was a lot of pride, love and respect in this regard. And the feeling was mutual. For nearly 20 years, I was fortunate enough to count Michael among my best friends. We were the same age, him and me. Needless to say I miss him terribly !" #BradBuxer

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 9 gennaio 2021, 7:19

January of 2002. #MichaelJackson
won his 22nd American Music Award by being honored as
'Artist of the Century'.
Michael Jackson has resolved a long-standing dilemma of whether to perform at the Grammys after pulling out of rival ceremony American Music Awards (AMA) by deciding not to appear at all.
Rivalry between the two awards ceremonies has led to legal action with American Music Awards (AMA) producer Dick Clark accusing the Grammys of blacklisting artists who appear at his ceremony.
In January, Michael Jackson opted not to appear at the AMA ceremony with most observers speculating he had agreed to perform instead at the Grammys, where he has been nominated for best single.
As a compromise Michael Jackson was set to give a video of himself to be shown at the American Music Awards in the hope he would not be barred from playing at the prestigious Grammys.
But his representatives dropped the video from the event at the last minute.
Billboard magazine stated this about the event...
"Pop icon Michael Jackson will appear Wednesday (Jan. 9) on the 29th annual American Music Awards (AMA) to accept the Artist of the Century Award. Confirmation of his appearance during the ceremonies
Pop icon Michael Jackson will appear Wednesday (Jan. 9) on the 29th annual American Music Awards (AMA) to accept the Artist of the Century Award. Confirmation of his appearance during the ceremonies comes after weeks of turmoil that reached a boiling point last month when AMA executive producer Dick Clark filed a $10 million lawsuit against Recording Academy president Michael Greene, who oversees the annual Grammy Awards.
Jackson had originally agreed to take part in the AMA ceremonies, but backed out, allegedly because of what Clark claims is Greene's policy that artists who appear on the AMAs are not allowed to participate in the Grammys telecast. Clark specifically cited Jackson's original change of plans in announcing his lawsuit. "Mr. Greene has caused me a lot of pain and a lot of stress," he said at the time. "I've known Michael Jackson since he was a kid ... To have another party interfere in that relationship makes me very, very angry." #Billboard

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 9 gennaio 2021, 9:20

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 9 gennaio 2021, 9:29

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 11 gennaio 2021, 6:43

February 1992, #MichaelJackson traveled to Gabon at the invitation of one of Africa's longest-"serving" rulers Omar Bongo. More than 100,000 people gathered to greet him, and he received the West African nations Medal of Honor from President Omar Bongo, who was the official host of the performer's tour. President Bongo told Michael Jackson that he was the first entertainer to ever receive the medal, which until then had only been given to heads of states and high-ranking dignitaries, including Nelson Mandela. President Bongo appointed his daughter, Pasoaline Bongo (also nation's foreign Minister) and his son, Ali Bongo, to coordinate the tour along with Charles Bobbit, a consultant to the president, who initiated the idea for Michael Jacksons visit in Africa.
Michael Jackson made a series of high-profile visits to African countries as part of a non-performing tour which he took on the condition that he would be able to visit “orphanages, children's hospitals, churches, schools and playgrounds."
In Gabon Michael Jackson was welcomed by people holding signs that read "Welcome Home Michael," while in Cote d'Ivoire he was crowned a prince of the Anyi people.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 gennaio 2021, 10:25

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 17 gennaio 2021, 6:46

#MichaelJackson attended the NAACP Image Awards with his mother Katherine in Pasadena, California.
Michael Jackson was presented with the 'Outstanding Music Video Award' for the socially conscious song, Black Or White. He also received the '25th Silver Anniversary Entertainer Of The Year Award' at the 25th "National Association for the Advancement of Colored People" event (NAACP Image Awards).
Michael Jackson, Entertainer of the Year, brought down the house just standing on stage. The crowd didn't let him get away..."I wasn't prepared to sing," he protested, untill Patti Laell struck up his tune.
And of course, he had to oblige. Patti Labelle sings "Will You Be There" with Michael joining for the last verse...Michael Jackson's acceptance speech..."First I’d like to say ‘Thank you’ to my mother. Thank you for giving me life — I really mean that. There are two things which the NAACP stands for which are the most important things in my life: freedom and equality. In every person, there is a secret song in their heart. It says: ‘I am free!’, it sings: ‘I am One!’.
This is the natural feeling of every child. To be free as the wind, to be one with every other child. All the troubles in the world are caused by forgetting this feeling. And when I perform, my connection with people is to just remind me of that: to be free and to be One. In this spirit the NAACP has done its cherished work.
Thank you for having the faith to see that I share your work for I deeply feel I do. I accept this award on behalf of the world’s healing. When all our brothers and sisters will be as free and equal as we are today. I love you so much and I am very honoured, and thank you for this award. Thank you so much."

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 17 gennaio 2021, 7:50

January 16th, 1984. The 11th Annual American Music Awards was held and #MichaelJackson was the big winner of the night, winning eight awards.
The superstar's year long dominance on the airwaves spun into an American Music Awards sweep, a public 'seal of approval' his chief rival said was long overdue.
Michael Jackson aged 25, was nominated 10 times, twice in the same category, and won seven awards, including best pop-rock and soul album for 'Thriller.' His only defeat was to Lionel Richie's calypso-styled 'All Night Long.
'I'm surprised,' Richie said after beating Michael Jackson's 'Billie Jean' for best soul single. 'But it was a wonderful evening for Michael.
'For Michael, this is long overdue. This puts the final thumbprint the seal of approval to a great talent.'
The spotlight on Monday night's nationally televised awards show, witnessed by 6,000 people inside the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, and focused on Michael Jackson, who sat in the front row with his date, Brooke Shields, on his right and television's 'Webster,' little Emmanuel Lewis, on his left.
The shy and reclusive singer, who rarely makes public appearances, wore an old-fashioned, red-and-gold sequined commodore's uniform, plus a black glove on his right hand. Throughout the evening, he wore sunglasses.
'Billie Jean,' one of the songs from 'Thriller,' was named best pop-rock single, and 'Beat It' from the same LP won for best soul and pop-rock video. Jackson also selected as best male vocalist in both categories.
'I'm very thankful,' Michael Jackson said after accepting the first award. 'I don't want to make a long speech. Thank you very much.'
Michael Jackson, whose singing career spans nearly two decades, took a bit longer in accepting later awards, taking time to thank the American public that voted for him, disc jockeys who played the album, producer Quincy Jones, the girls screaming in the balcony, his brothers and sisters and his mother and father 'for teaching me everything I know.'
'There's nothing more I can say,' he said after picking up the final award. 'I love you very much. Goodbye.'
The record for most American Music Awards won by a male artist belongs to Michael Jackson, who has collected twenty-six awards.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 18 gennaio 2021, 21:04

January 18, 1993. A Great Script was built to commemorate Bill Clinton's presidential inauguration at the Lincoln Memorial.
"There comes a time when we heed a certain call/ When the world must come together as one ..."
#MichaelJackson joined Diana Ross, Stewie Wonder, Ray Charles and several other celebrities in the footsteps of Lincoln Memorial in a presentation of "We Are The World"
Except that as night fell at the Lincoln Memorial, it was time to heed a curtain call for the dozens of the world's biggest pop stars coming together as one for Bill Clinton.
Oddly, it felt more like high school choir practice. Melissa Etheridge was saying "Kenny Rogers...you troublemaker!" as Rogers left his place in the choir for a quick visit to the buffet table. Then he stepped back and stood next to Kathleen Battle, who meekly whispered a line before a hushed mini-duet with Rogers. Then it was James Ingram's line, and while you couldn't hear it -- a jet was roaring overhead from National Airport -- Ingram invested the line with faux-tortured expression.
And then it got really odd: Here were all these great vocalists gathered together late yesterday at the Lincoln Memorial to rehearse "We Are the World" for today's "Call for Reunion" concert...Nick Ashford and Valerie Simpson, Shai, Tony Bennett, John Secada, Take 6, Reuben Blades and Mary-Chapin Carpenter among them, and they all sounded like Miss Diana Ross.
That's because Miss Ross's amplified rehearsal for "God Bless America," going on at the same time on the memorial steps, was easily drowning out this unamplified all-star chorus standing around an acoustic upright piano in the rehearsal tent behind Mr. Lincoln. The invitation had been made -- "Artists, come gather round" -- and there could be only a few run-throughs before today's concert. Of course, it helped that these were all professionals, and that "We Are the World," the 1985 Michael Jackson-Lionel Richie song addressing the famine in Africa, is mostly chorus. In fact, in today's rendition, it's verse-chorus, verse-chorus, bridge and then chorus-chorus-chorus-chorus-chorus-chorus-chorus-chorus. Which works out fine because the chorus was about the only thing that most of the performers could remember.
Source : The Washington Post

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 19 gennaio 2021, 12:26

"MJ was extraordinary. When we worked together on Bad, I was in awe of his absolute mastery of movement on the one hand, & of the music on the other. He was wonderful to work with, an absolute professional at all times, it really goes without saying, a true artist"#MartinScorsese

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 gennaio 2021, 8:07

January 20th, 1995. #MichaelJackson began a four day visit to Los Angeles with King Nana Amon N'Doufou IV. The visit was also include a visit to Universal Studios.
Smiling broadly, Michael greeted the same ruler who had crowned the already King Of Pop "King Sanwi" three years go when he visited Ivory Coast, One of the six countries Michael travelled on a goodwill trip to Africa continent.
Michael Made also history at that time when he was crowned King Sanwi during a ceremony held in the village of Krindjabo, located near Abidjan in Ivory Coast.
This time, Michael proudly hosted his royal guest King Nana, and he took it personal to return his guest generosity and hospitality that King Nana granted to Michael in 1992.
Understanding the importance of King Sanwi title you must know the origins...In the 17th and 18th century, four Anyi clans cross the Komoé River and settle in Krinjabo. The head of the first clan was immediately crowned King of Sanwi because the Akan could not conceive of a human society without a King.
It is more than a symbol, he is the soul of his people, the father of his subjects. His person is sacred and inviolable. The King identifies with ancestors from far away, which is why called "Nana " or "Nanan" which means "elder" or "wise man".
You can better understand the pride that Michael Jackson felt when he was crowned "King Sanwi" and the importance and honor of this title in 1992.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 gennaio 2021, 7:02

"Paul was terribly insecure about appearing next to Michael, in terms of dance"..."And who wouldn't, if you're going to go onstage and be choreographed next to Michael Jackson ?"..."In all my years of working in film and commercials, I've worked with some of the worst divas and superstars of all time,"..."Paul and Michael were not that." #BobGiraldi Film director on the set of "Say Say Say" #RollingStone magazine quoted Bob Giraldi who recounted McCartney's nervousness about the project. (Michael Jackson, October 1983)

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 gennaio 2021, 21:36

"When we first met, around 1988, I was struck by the combination of charisma and woundedness that surrounded Michael. He would be swarmed by crowds at an airport, perform an exhausting show for three hours, and then sit backstage afterward, as we did one night in Bucharest, drinking bottled water, glancing over some Sufi poetry as I walked into the room, and wanting to meditate.
That person, whom I considered (at the risk of ridicule) very pure, still survived -- he was reading the poems of Rabindranath Tagore when we talked the last time, two weeks ago. Michael exemplified the paradox of many famous performers, being essentially shy, an introvert who would come to my house and spend most of the evening sitting by himself in a corner with his small children."
#DeepakChopra

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 27 gennaio 2021, 8:32

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 30 gennaio 2021, 20:26

“So we went back and started the song from the beginning and I watched Michael sing each note and harmony, double it, triple it and then maybe quadruple…each time singing it perfectly, vibratos perfectly matched, perfectly in tune, rhythmically dead on, knowing exactly what he wanted to do the whole time. We were done with all the hooks faster than if I’d flown them in. Flawless. That was day one.” #TeddyRiley on "Remember The Time" recording set
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1s3oTjqRVI
( Michael Jackson "Remember The Time" with Live Vocals (rare) )

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 31 gennaio 2021, 8:05

"Michael Jackson was one of the nicest, kindest people I’ve ever met. He really wanted to do more than just be a musical genius. He wanted to heal and change the world through love, through kindness, through art and through music and I do believe the world’s a better place because he was with us...But unfortunately when you’re that much of a genius, and you’re that wealthy, all of the sharks are going to come forward, and when you combine with that a certain level of naivety, a person who just didn’t want to be wrapped up in money matters all of the time or legal matters. He wanted to do creative things, he wanted to do humanitarian things. That makes him even more of a target for frivolous lawsuits and frivolous claims." Tom Mesereau

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 4 febbraio 2021, 7:21

Mourad Mesellaty

#StoryOfTheDay...Super Bowl XXVII, Pasadena, California. After a halftime flop for Super Bowl XXVI, the NFL knew they had to step it up a notch. They managed to secure #MichaelJackson as their halftime performer. His appearance at the game would spark a trend, pushing big-name artists to headline halftime shows. To this day, the league never pays performers for their halftime gigs, Michael Jackson being the only exception. After much back and forth with Michael Jackson’s label, they eventually agreed to let him perform. The agreement stated that the NFL and Frito-Lay donate $100,000 to the Heal the World Foundation, a charity founded by Michael Jackson that aimed to provide health care, drug education, and mentorship to Los Angeles youth. Michael Jackson’s performance was a huge success, and was the first time in history that game ratings spiked during a halftime show. (Michael Jackson rehearsing before his 1993 show at the Super Bowl)

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 8 febbraio 2021, 7:29

"...He loved his fans. I've been living with a lot of big movie stars, but Michael's fans are more than fans. He knew that the fans had done it and he wouldn't want to leave anyone out. Everywhere he went, fans were there. He told me that the fans always knew what he was doing.
I don't think anyone has had fans like his. So Michael would want a funeral that included his fans and made them happy. He would want to say: I am still with you and we will always be together. He was happy and he wanted to make everyone around him happy. Ultimately, he wanted love. Ultimately, Michael was love." #MikoBrando on Larry King Live, June 29, 2009

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 9 febbraio 2021, 10:00

“Michael Jackson has leaped across religious racial age and sex barriers forcing people to look differently at Black artists.” - choreographer Michael Peters

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 11 febbraio 2021, 15:18

giusy
@Venusg07Giusy

Speaking of #MichaelJackson music critic Mark Fisher states:“Billie Jean is not only one of the best singles ever produced, but also one of the greatest works of art of the twentieth century,a multi-layered sound sculpture

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 17 febbraio 2021, 6:40

.A Taiwanese fan Mrs. Ma Qi Zhen not only met Michael with her family, but also she became a close friends of Michael for many years. Mrs Ma had always kept a low profile about their 17 years family friendship with Michael Jackson. It was until Michael's sudden passing last June, did Mrs. Ma have spoken out for the first time about this in the media about her friendship with the King of Pop. She pays tribute on how kind, loving and approachable the King of Pop was. She shared her memories of an extraordinary friend and how she felt that Michael was misunderstood by many.
It was a fax message that leads to the friendship between Michael and the Ma Family. During the Dangerous Tour in Taiwan in Sept 1993, Mrs Ma and her husband had trouble of getting tickets for their nine month old twin daughters for the concert, as ticket will not be allowed to be sold to their 9 month old babies for safety concern. Ma wouldn't settle for it, as it was going to be the last day of Michael's concert in Taiwan. She decided to give it a try and send a fax message to the hotel that Michael was staying in. She directly address the fax message to ask him asking him to allow her twins to go to the concert. She didn't really expect that Michael would see it, next thing she knew was that Michael did read it and responded to it. He immediately sent down VIP passes for the family to be able to come to the concert and to meet him personally in his hotel room after the concert.
When the family arrived at his Presidential Suite, Michael was already in his pajamas, ready to go to bed. They find the superstar very kind and approachable, Ma recalled that he was so fascinated by the twins, he wanted to know everything about bringing up babies. The twin babies were crawling around in his room, at one point, one of the twins grabbed his CD player and started to bite it, Michael immediately went to pick up the baby and softly he said to her "Don't bite it, it'll hurt you." Ma recalled that Michael was not yet a parent during that time but was very protective of children.
When they said goodbye, Michael personally escorted them off to the elevator and promised to invite them to come and visit him when he returned to America in his home Neverland. Ma family never took his words seriously, but Michael meant it! During the 17 years friendship Michael had with the Ma Family, the family had been able to visit 6 times as guests at his Neverland home, and even travels with him to other parts of world. Every time they said goodbye, he would cuddle them with words like "I'll always love you". He would seemed just simply wanted to be loved.
Michael had confided to Mrs. Ma things like his iconic sequins glove, was first used to hide his skin problem vitiligo that first appeared on his hand, and the glove had surprisingly become his signature trademark. Michael even referred himself as Chinese, as according to Michael, his mother Katherine was of a quarter Chinese descent. Michael did often expressed his strong desire to perform in China.
According to the the Taiwanese concert organizer Mr. Yu, during both his Dangerous and History Tour in Taiwan in the 90's, Michael asked for his help to perform in China, though Yu did his best, During that time China was not yet ready to open up to Western pop performers.
Ma had seen the very sincere side of Michael, pure and innocent, like a big kid, love surprises, magic, very compassionate, very trusting and very caring. She hoped that by sharing her story, the world would know the true nature of Michael. The world not only loose a musical genius but a beautiful soul.
Below is the video that apparently was sent by Michael to the Ma family after the History tour, featuring the Ma twins with Michael singing "Heal the World" in Kaohsiung, South Taiwan. Towards the end of the song, MJ made an effort to say "I love you" in Mandarin to the audience. This he had asked the twins to teach him before the performance. His interactions with the twins was just so sweet.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 febbraio 2021, 8:24

Massie Walsh
@massie_walsh

LaVelle just finished his first livestream on ig. Ended it with a lil story: on BWT, before the performance, people were screaming MJ's name so loud and he poked up, and told MJ: "Michael, they love you!". MJ's response was: "No. They love *us*".

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 febbraio 2021, 19:59

“We have all had moments in time where we wanted to dance like Michael, and we were just infatuated and in awe of his talent.” - Christina Aguilera

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 2 marzo 2021, 9:42

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 3 marzo 2021, 7:18

'' Your body is music ''.
An exclusive interview with Vincent Paterson.
Choreographer Vincent Paterson always remembers fondly the years of working with Michael Jackson and speaks of his friend with great respect.
Vincent Paterson started working with Michael as a dancer on the Beat It and Thriller videos , and later directed the choreography on many of his music videos, including Smooth Criminal, The Way You Make Me Feel, Black Or White and Blood On The Dance Floor.
"I think the first time I really knew about Thriller was when I saw the Motown special with Michael Jackson. Honestly, I didn't like him very much before this show, but when I saw him I completely lost my mind. I've never seen anyone dance like this, boil with such powerful energy, have so much strength, so much self-control. I've never seen anything like it since Fred Astaire. I thought it would not be possible to repeat that. I fell in love for him. Literally.
In the early 80's. I moved to Hollywood. I wanted to become a dancer. I had just returned from the world tour with Shirley MacLaine and was familiar with the choreographer who worked on Michael Jackson's projects. His name was Michael Peters. I was one of his best students and helped him teach dance lessons. I applied for the place of one of the dancers for the video “Beat It”. In Los Angeles, I was a beginner and before that I was engaged in acting, and I started dancing relatively late - at the age of 24. And then I got to the selection. I heard that the plot of the video was somehow linked to street gangs, so I left my unshaven, put a fake earring on my ear, licked my hair with gel and dressed in street clothes, as they wore at that time ... I entered in the corridor where the selection was made, and there was a crowd of people in shiny dance tights. And I think that I immediately stood out in relation to their history. Michael Jackson was in that room with Peters, too.
After my audition, Michael immediately said, “I need this guy! I need this guy! '' I think his choice was due in large part to the fact that I came to take the test, having already gotten used to the role. As a result, it was much easier for Peters and Jackson to see the character they wanted in me.
I don't know if the entire script had already been written at that time. Peters simply recruited a group of dancers and assigned roles as they passed. It turned out that Peters decided to personally participate in the video. He said to me, “Why don't you play against my opponent? I'm going to divide the guys into two gangs ... rival gangs. You will lead one, and I will lead the other. And it really changed my entire dance career. From that moment on, the whole world noticed me and for a while I even became a star ... Peters and I (he was my best friend) walked around the city, in Los Angeles, Hollywood or New York, and people came to us and they asked for autographs. This never happened to dancers! It may be different now, but dance was a new art form at that time, and music videos were also a new art form.
Michael Jackson was very, very shy, he was an introvert. In the selection, I just greeted him; he was quiet and didn't speak to anyone. When I got the part and Peters started working with Jackson, I joined Peters' other assistant, Frances Morgan. We work with Michael in the same room. That was great! He was so sweet and polite, but still a quiet person. However, he liked to laugh and play tricks on people. I think he felt more comfortable in that little room where the four of us were. ''
'' Dancing in the Thriller video was a phenomenal experience thanks to the extraordinary plot of this video. At that time, we were breaking records with every video clip that came out. It has become a historic event.
The Thriller video was a little different from Beat It. Michael Peters once again choreographed the project, with John Landis as the director. Peters brought in many of the dancers from the previous video, as well as dancers he had worked with before. We were delighted! We were already inspired by Michael Jackson's success with the Beat It video, and now we were working with John Landis on Thriller! A ten-minute music video is unheard of! We knew we were going to go down in history.
At first, I was an assistant choreographer and, at the same time, one of the zombie dancers. When I first walked into the studio with Peters, before Jackson even showed up, Peters started to invent the movement and I was literally amazed. I asked him, “Michael [Peters], where does this choreography come from? How did you come up with that? '' And he replied, “I have no idea! It's just ... I was taken by the music. And I have these crazy things showing up, I don't know where this is going. '' I had the talent to remember everything Peters did and then repeat it. When Jackson came - oh God, he literally went crazy! He didn't know that we were going to choreograph that way. And when he saw what Michael Peters created, he was very excited and satisfied with the way Peters interpreted his music.
Later, when I was already working alone with Michael Jackson as a choreographer and stage director, Michael told me one thing - and I think it was perfectly demonstrated in Peters' work: “Never try to dictate movement to music. Let the music speak to you. Let the music tell you what movement it wants to be incorporated into. If you listen carefully, she'll talk to you and give you the whole dance. '' That seems to be what happened to Peters when he heard this song.
When the dancers got together and started teaching choreography, we were shocked! We just couldn't believe it! “Oh God, it looks so strange, so scary! '' - something new at that time! And see what happened, this dance lives today, all over the world.
Dancing Thriller was a lot easier than at Beat It, because it was a whole number, we danced in one place. The filming took place somewhere in downtown Los Angeles. That night it was terribly cold ... I don't remember if steam came out of our mouth, but if it did, it was for real. We were very cold, I remember that. And I also remember how we constantly ran to our trailers, because there was a heater. Filming took place around three in the morning.
Honestly, I don't remember how many dance shots we did that night, I think 30 or 40. John Landis personally followed the close-ups and parts of individual dancers, he appeared here and there, filmed Michael from various angles ... Probably in in total, 30–40 outlets. But the makeup took several hours! The makeup was done by Rick Baker. Each of us had our own makeup and makeup artist. There was not a single "just zombie" - we all had molds taken from our faces and for each one we developed our own image, our own mask.
In fact, when you sit in front of the mirror and see how a healthy young man turns into carrion - it kills the brain! You see how your teeth are falling out. Each of us had our own false teeth. I stole mine after filming. I know I shouldn't have done that, but I stole them and I still have them! ''
So I danced with Michael Jackson in two videos. I played the gang leader in Beat It and the zombie in Thriller, as well as acting as assistant choreographer for Michael Peters. And then, one night, when I was home, they called me. A soft, quiet voice asked for Vincent Paterson. I decided that someone was making fun of me, pretending to be Michael Jackson. "Who is it?" I asked. "Michael Jackson" was the reply. "Who the hell is that?" - I asked. The same answer. "I'm going to hang up the phone right now, if you don't tell me who you are!" - I was annoyed. It really ended up being Michael Jackson. I started to apologize.
Michael was working on a new album at one of the Hollywood studios and asked if I could come by to see it. I ran over there, waiting for him to ask me to dance in the next video. We went to the studio and he played Smooth Criminal for me and asked for my opinion. I really liked. Then he asked if I could come up with any ideas for the video and if I would like to present a dance number. I was surprised and very flattered to receive this honor.
Michael proposed the idea of ​​an elegant club where 10 men in tails and hats would dance. But he wanted me to express my ideas as well.
I knew that Michael loved Fred Astaire's films, so I started researching the dances in these musicals, which were usually choreographed by Hermes Pan. While I was doing this and working with the dancers, Michael was in the studio most of the time. He provided me with a separate pavilion on which a special wooden floor was made for the safety of the dancers. He also put an incredible audio system, a video camera in the pavilion and gave me ten dancers to practice the choreography.
Every morning we had a dance class, and then I invented the choreography in that pavilion, then I could practice with the dancers. I filmed everything that was done during the day, then Michael and I watched the tape. He used to say, “This is great! I think ten more dancers are needed. '' I hired about 50 dancers for the video.
I don't remember how long we rehearsed and filmed, but it looks like it was four to six weeks. At first it was just a clip, then it became one of the scenes in the movie “Moonwalker”. I worked with Michael to expand the song, and in the film that scene turned into a ten-minute dance number. After creating the general choreography, I started to work face to face with Michael.
“This is how Michael and I work. Rehearsing together. By this time, I had already given him an outline of the dance, and he changed a few points along the way. Michael stood in front of this mirror and repeated the choreography, for hours. ''
'' My favorite memories of Black Or White start with rehearsals. When we started filming the end of the video, the dance scene on the street, Michael started to grab his groin. He even unbuttoned and zipped the fly. It was cool !
The public at that time was shocked and we had a sick beating for it. But remember, you saw so many videos and presentations after that ...
I loved working with Michael as an artist and partner. He trusted me. I staged the movements for him and the dancers ... I left room for him to create his own movements, his performance. He worked hard to invent his own style and I tried to give him the opportunity to highlight his dance.
When we were shooting Black or White, I borrowed dance moves from around the world. He readily accepted all suggestions.
Michael Jackson is one of the greatest dancers in the world. Jackson's talent lies in the ability to interpret his emotions, his musicality, through his body - just as opera singers, pianists and other great artists can. They are born with talent. But of course, you need to know how to improve this skill, how to work with it, how to practice.
Michael Jackson did not just rely on his innate ability. Here is an example of our work at Smooth Criminal. I created a basic step that was repeated throughout the dance. Michael Jackson took this simple branch (it did not last more than four counts of eight) and repeated it in a corner in front of a mirror for at least four hours in a row, until he perfected such perfection that when he played music, it looked like a improvisation. That's how a great artist works. And Michael Jackson knew how.
During my career, I worked with many people. With great dancers, great artists. But among them there was no one with an innate talent, ability to dance, which was Michael Jackson. Nobody! He's the music itself. Your body is music. He is a true master.
In all the years I've worked with Michael - and that's over 16 years - I've never heard a single word rude or rude from anyone. In the process of working together, he always said: “It was really cool, but I had the idea to try something like this…”. He was unique and unique and will always be missed. ''
Source : MJBeats

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 3 marzo 2021, 10:27

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 5 marzo 2021, 9:50

"#MichaelJackson was not an artist who comes along once in a decade, a generation, or a lifetime. He was an artist who comes along only once. Period. He was driven by his hunger to learn, to constantly top himself, to be the best. He raised the bar & then broke the bar." BGordy

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 6 marzo 2021, 7:12

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 marzo 2021, 7:25

March 9th, 1983. The "Beat It" music video, started the filming which features #MichaelJackson bringing two gangsters together through the power of music and dance, helped establish Michael Jackson as an international pop icon.
The video was written and directed by Bob Giraldi, produced by Ralph Cohen, Antony Payne and Mary M. Ensign through production company GASP. The second video released for the Thriller album, it was choreographed by Michael Peters who also performed, alongside Vincent Paterson , as one of the two lead dancers. Despite some sources claiming otherwise, Michael Jackson was involved in creating some parts of the choreography.
Contrary to popular belief, the concept of the video was not based on the Broadway musical West Side Story, in reality Giraldi drew inspiration from his growing up in Vincent Paterson, New Jersey.
The video costed to Michael Jackson $150,000 to create after CBS refused to finance it. The location was filmed on Los Angeles' Skid Row, mainly on locations on East 5th Street.
To add authenticity to the production but also to foster peace between them, Michael Jackson had the idea to cast members of rival Los Angeles street gangs Crips and Bloods. In addition to around 80 genuine gang members, the video, which is noted for opening up many job opportunities for dancers in the US, also featured 18 professional dancers and four breakdancers. Besides Michael Jackson, Michael Peters, and Vincent Paterson, the cast included Michael DeLorenzo, Stoney Jackson, Tracii Guns, Tony Fields, Peter Tram, Rick Stone, and Cheryl Song.
"The first scene took place in a smelly hotel room on Skid Row in Los Angeles. Cameras, lights, and speakers were crammed into a small space.
Michael's position on the scene was first lying down, and then sitting on a bed. He was wearing a cute white T-shirt with what looked like piano keys on it, and red jam bottoms.
Then Bob Giraldi ordered him to get up, walk, and then stare at the camera located at the narrow door. Being Michael Jackson an artist requires that I stay close. The space was little for me and I was sitting on a dresser, next to the camera. The lens was on my legs and it was close to touching my nose.
Michael nodded, acknowledging that he was ready and understood his marks. Playback started. The music was deafening and the rhythm vibrated throughout the hotel.
I would have fallen out of my seat, if there had been room to fall. The shy boy I had known all these months suddenly became someone I had never met before. The way he looked at the camera, the sexy moan, was not the person I knew until then. It became music.
This was my first lesson of what a true artist is. I was fascinated by the transformation. How could a person's nature be completely altered?
When we talked about it, he explained, "It's not me." He said it was God, who comes through him. From that moment on, we never parted again. Michael was exceptional, a very polite person, very quiet and extremely sweet. Working with Michael gave me the chance to see many other places that I would not know otherwise .
People talk about luck or destiny, but whatever it was, it was the luckiest day of my life when this magical man sat in the makeup chair before me. He has taken me on a most incredible journey in total 20 years old. He has contributed in every aspect of my life, above all he has given me his confidence so that I can create." #KarenFaye
"Beat it" was inducted into the Music Video Producers Hall of Fame.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 11 marzo 2021, 10:07

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 12 marzo 2021, 12:01

Marina Ivanova
@MarinaaIvanova

And when I talked to Michael, I looked into his eyes and I could see a thousand miles. He had the most amazing eyes. They look good in photos, but nothing compares to seeing them in person. When he was really sitting, and look at you Those eyes were amazing "David Nordahl

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 15 marzo 2021, 10:42

.Walking on the Moon with the King: Colin Chilvers in the direction of the short film '' Smooth Criminal '' by #MichaelJackson
Special effects filmmaker and wizard Colin Chilvers, tells the story behind the production of the short film “Smooth Criminal”
The title of Colin Chilvers' book, The Faith That Man Can Fly [in Portuguese, The Faith That Man Can Fly ] refers to the 1978 film Superman , for which he received a visual effects Oscar. But, as one interviewer said, "many toy commercials ... have made Chilvers one of the greatest artists in the world"
My interest in Chilvers' memoirs resulted from the fact that he directed Smooth Criminal for Michael Jackson's 1988 feature Moonwalker . This project, according to Chilvers, started out as a regular music video, but as Jackson continued to contribute ideas during the development of the script, “the project became more and more ambitious”. Over time, “Smooth Criminal” grew to become a 40-minute music and dance performance with special effects.
Chilvers describes the project as "an environment full of creativity where Michael's imagination wandered". Different members of the team were responsible for aspects of the project, but according to Chilvers, "Michael gave the final say." If he wanted to change or add something, he did it, even if he needed to convey his idea to his manager, Frank Dileo.
As a Jackson fan who knows everything about Smooth Criminal , I was interested in reading Chilvers' story about the genesis of this project.
Michael, who loved the movie Back to the Future with his traveling DeLorean, wanted his video to show him transforming into a car, a robot and a spaceship; "Like a comic book adventure coming to life," recalls Chilvers.
Kevin Pike, head of Back to the Future special effects , recommended that Jackson contact Chilvers to record the video. Michael had already tried to work with some film directors he liked, but they were involved in other projects. "Many of the top Hollywood directors were hired two years in advance," explains Chilvers.
One of the most interesting aspects of Chilvers' story is his insight into the way Michael worked on a project. This method was used by his cinematographic idol Charlie Chaplin: he filmed, watched the footage and took notes, and then remade it several times until he was satisfied with the scene.
"Michael always changed his mind and asked for things that were not in the original plans," recalls Chilvers. "After watching our filming, we figured out how to make the scenes even more spectacular."
Of course, this is completely contrary to the way of working in Hollywood, which is often associated with time and budget constraints. But Chilvers understood that this was Michael's idea, and the money for the project came from him. The first meetings between the director and the star took place at the Jackson family home in Encino. Chilvers talks about these encounters and Michael's behavior around people he didn't know well.
Despite being a dynamic artist and owner of the stage, outside of it he was shy and cautious, preferring to avoid conflicts. However, Chilvers found that as soon as you met him, he became open and relaxed.
Eventually Moonwalker, including Smooth Criminal, hit theaters in Europe and South America in late 1988, when the King of Pop was still on his Bad World Tour.
In North America, the film was released immediately on video. Chilvers admits that he was “disappointed to say the least” , as the shift from cinemas to the home video market generally meant that the film was not of sufficient quality to be shown on the big screen, “but this was definitely not the case for Moonwalker or Smooth Criminal. ''
Chilvers says he still doesn't know why that happened. However, working with a superstar like Michael Jackson gave him a big boost in his career.
“Thanks to this experience, I continued to make films for television and to produce episodes from various series” .
Shortly after the completion of the Smooth Criminal project, the director never had contact with Michael Jackson again. "This is the reality of working with the king of pop ," he says.
The chapter on Smooth Criminal , aptly titled Walking on the Moon with the King [in Portuguese, Walking on the Moon with the King ] is just a page of the book of 266 pages. However, as Chilvers talks about it "first hand" , without resorting to tabloids, his memories have a particular value.
The chapter ends with the sadness the director felt after Jackson's passing.
“The world will never have the opportunity to enjoy Michael Jackson's new songs, and I will never have the opportunity to share another moment of laughter and fun with him. Participating in the documentary Bad 25th Anniversary (2012) by Spike Lee gave me back a sense of pride for the work we did together ”.
Source : MJ Beats

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 17 marzo 2021, 15:22

"He was just so genuine and so warm and so caring. All of the time I knew Michael, almost 20 years, I never ever heard him raise his voice at anybody. Never happened. He was just such a good person. Just a really deep-down good person." David Nordahl
Source: https://bit.ly/2G3QpXu and https://bit.ly/3iU9dr0

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 18 marzo 2021, 9:46

MICHAEL JACKSON Sales-Charts-Statistics
@Pierpinto

YOUTUBE - 10 BILLION !
MJ's official channel has just surpassed 10 billion views.
The highest figure amongst every legacy artist.

Immagine

Rispondi