Honour MJ Campaign

Michael Jackson's news in English. Your updated reference for Michael Jackson's news in English language from all around the world. Rumors, gossip and true facts. And a lot of Michael Jackson's beautiful pictures.
soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Re: Honour MJ Campaign

Messaggio da soulmum » 12 marzo 2022, 7:45

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 marzo 2022, 19:48

Mrs Yoshiko Morita, widow of the late Akio Morita
( Japanese businessman and co-founder of Sony along with Masaru Ibuka ) talked in 2009 about #MichaelJackson..."The first time my husband Akio saw Michael was at Yokohama Stadium in 1987. We traveled from our house in Tokyo to Yokohama and were going on to our villa in Hakone for the weekend. We were simply enthralled by his music and incredible dancing.
Unlike today, there were no cell phones and the road conditions were bad, so it was very late when we arrived at the villa. On arrival we received a call from the house in Tokyo saying that Michael’s manager had been calling again and again because Michael was anxious to meet with Mr. Morita, so Akio hurriedly called his hotel.
Michael thanked Akio for coming to the show and apologized as he felt his performance was not 100%. His voice has not been at its best and he invited us to come again when he promised an even better performance. For artists there is no peak, they constantly strive to do better, to a point that might even be called self-indulgent.
Subsequently, Michael was in Japan at the time of my birthday and he came to a party being held at my home, where this picture was taken.
As a vegetarian he avoided meat and fish and as you see we prepared a large plate of Twenty Century (Asian) pears, which were in season. I don’t remember anyone else eating them except him, and that day remains a topic of conversation in our house to this day.
He found some of Akio’s toys, such as a mechanical piano, music box, miniature street organ and a record from the Edison Museum, and spent the evening playing with them like a child.
While in Japan he visited Sony’s head office, the CBS Sony Studio that was in Shinnanomachi, Sony Media World, the Ginza Sony Building and so on, asking many questions and getting hold of the latest Sony products.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 marzo 2022, 17:29

#Fact Celine Dion once said that because of #MichaelJackson
she decided to learn English in case she got the opportunity to sing with him. She had been a fan of him since the age of 12.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 25 marzo 2022, 7:50

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 31 marzo 2022, 8:59

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 9 aprile 2022, 9:33

Dr. Andrew Greene | BLM
@AndrewGreene864
Jun 30, 2021

Without question, Michael Jackson’s "Thriller" remains the largest selling album in the world, and it’s not even close. However, in 2018 MSM spewed endless headlines that The Eagles "Greatest Hits" surpassed "Thriller" in sales in the United States. Here’s the truth:

Immagine

Let’s start with the facts. "Thriller" spent 37 weeks at top of the Billboard 200 album chart whereas "Greatest Hits" by Eagles spent only FIVE weeks at top of the Billboard 200 chart. "Thriller" spent about 470 weeks on the Billboard 200 chart while "Greatest Hits" by Eagles released 7 years prior to "Thriller", has only spent 359 weeks on the Billboard 200.
When it comes to streaming the Eagles "Greatest Hits" are not even in the same ball park with “Thriller," not even CLOSE! Jackson is the number one streamed legacy solo artist. Eagles are not even in top 10.
"The Greatest Hits" by the Eagles certified 29 times platinum in 2006. We are suppose to believe that they sold 9 million more albums within in 12 years in the digital age. Albums just don’t sell like that anymore for ANYONE. Not even "Thriller" after MJ’s death sold like that.
That’s not the first time there were such huge unrealistic spikes in their certifications. In 1993 it was certified 14 time platinum but within next 2 years, the album was certified 8 time more, bringing the total certification of the album 24 times platinum.
This is not realistic! And to to all off, these spikes, should be noted by Nielsen SoundScan, right! IT WASN’T!!!!! It never has been! It is THE only “top selling” album not to be! Nielsen don’t lie.
So those are the facts. Now, let’s discuss the possible whys for this great white hoax. Although the following is a little conspiratorial in nature, it remains a well researched hypothesis. The last time
@RIAA
allowed the Eagles numbers to be inflated was in 2018.
The news that the Eagles album magically surpassed Jackson’s album came just a few months before the now infamous(and debunked) anti-Jackson film released on HBO. The news that Jackson no longer had the largest selling album in the United States was supposed to be the start of Jackson’s fall from grace. We know that filming of the anti-Jackson film was readying its final stages. We also know that David Geffen, who founded Geffen Records that housed the Eagles, would watch this anti-Jackson film with
@Oprah
on her birthday on his yacht.
Let’s time travel back to 1993. This was a challenging year for Michael Jackson, and coincidentally a fine year for the Eagles Greatest Hits album to be certified 14 times platinum. Less than 2 years later, in the same month that Michael Jackson released the 'HIStory' album,
Eagles Greatest hits album magically got 8 million more NEW sales, though Nielsen SoundScan calculated less than 1 million in sales. https://billboard.com/articles/business ... %20million
Immagine
Geffen’s vendetta against Jackson predates even 1993. It goes all the way back to the early 80’s when he missed the opportunity to get Jackson onboard with his record company, thus possibly giving Geffen REAL credit for the largest selling album in the US.
Geffen was not alone in his vendetta against Jackson. One time friend and Eagles manager,
@irvingazoff
worked together to bring negative press Jackson’s way. Do I think it was a coincidence that
@PaulMcCartney
was on that yacht with Oprah and Geffen watching this anti-Jackson film? Possibly, but Jackson did buy his songs and Paul did appear to be bit bitter about that for years. Nonetheless, let me recommend an eye opener of a book by Howard Bloom. In the book you’ll learn more about Irving Azoff and the institution racism that Jackson was up against in the music industry, press, and beyond. "Einstein, Michael Jackson, & Me."
Immagine
** Thread correction** McCartney was in Geffen’s yacht with Oprah one year, but it appears it wasn’t the same year where LN was watched. However, he was still bitter after ATV sale, and he still hangs out with Geffen.
Update: I’ve been blocked by David Geffen on Instagram. 💅🏽
Dr. Andrew Greene | BLM
@AndrewGreene864
·
Aug 24, 2021
Bumping this thread, as Thriller is now 34 times platinum in the USA with verifiable sales:

chart data
@chartdata
· Aug 24, 2021
US Certifications (@RIAA): Michael Jackson, Thriller 34x Platinum (34,000,000; album).

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 aprile 2022, 9:12

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 aprile 2022, 8:25

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 aprile 2022, 10:05

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 11 maggio 2022, 10:12

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 8 giugno 2022, 9:41

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 giugno 2022, 8:59

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 giugno 2022, 8:39

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 1 luglio 2022, 8:52

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 2 luglio 2022, 9:59

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 5 luglio 2022, 21:55

Reverend Jesse Jackson celebrates Michael Jackson as a great American and global citizen: “He never compromised his ethnic integrity as he sought to broaden to a global audience. He was a very authentic African American with a global view and made room for everybody in his vision.”

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 luglio 2022, 10:17

andjustice4some - Michael Jackson advocate/fan
@andjustice4some

40 years old and in the top 5 for sales.
@RIAA
take note. #Thriller40
Quote Tweet
billboard charts
@billboardcharts

This week's top-selling vinyl albums:

1. @tylerthecreator Call Me If You Get Lost
2. @Harry_Styles Harry's House
3. @Shinedown Planet Zero
4. @oliviarodrigo Sour
5. @michaeljackson Thriller

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 14 luglio 2022, 16:29

Michael Jackson Chart Data
@MJChartData

Thriller by Michael Jackson is currently charting at #3 on iTunes in Turkey

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 28 luglio 2022, 8:41

July 28th, 2003. #MichaelJackson and his children attended a children's party at Al and Nancy Malnik's house.
Al and wife, Nancy Malnik, were first introduced to Michael Jackson in 2001 when Michael was seeking financial and legal advice from Al regarding his refinancing of a debt with Sony and a loan from Bank of America. Michael and Alvin Malnik quickly became fast friends and Jackson would regularly seek refuge in Al’s family home in Ocean Ridge, FL. Michael would stay for months at a time with his children Paris, Prince and Prince Michael II (Blanket). ”He was an extraordinarily nice guy and just a wonderful father,” Al Malnik said of Michael. “He and the kids stayed here for several months with us, and we all just thought the world of him. He just could not have been a nicer, sweeter soul.”
Al and Nancy’s triplets played happily with Prince and Paris at the family’s Oceanside home, a far cry from the rumored isolation the Jackson children were falsely reported to live in. “The relationship our family had with Michael, and the one that I had with him, was really extraordinary,” said Al Malnik. “We were very close, always talking with each other, and having a lot of fun with our mutual families.” While at the Malnik’s home, Michael Jackson and his three children were able to feel free and secure enough to do the things any father and his children would normally do without the pressures of public life.
They celebrated birthdays, put on plays, and just simply got to be kids, free from herds of paparazzi or crowds of Michael’s fans. “The Jackson’s were ideal houseguests,” Al recalls of Michael and his children. “When they came, I asked my staff if they would need to work harder with three more kids in the house.
They said there isn’t any extra effort. Michael’s kids clean their own rooms, make up their beds, polish the mirrors and take care of everything. Each and every morning, their first chore after breakfast was to clean their room. When I mentioned it to Michael, he simply replied, ‘that’s the way I bring up my kids.’”
Al Malnik and his family will forever treasure the times when Michael Jackson and his children would come to visit them at their “home away from home”. “Every day, our backyard was their playground,” says Al of Jackson and his children. “Michael just enjoyed himself so much with our children. It was the kind of imaginary fun people used to dream about going to Neverland and experiencing.”
Al and Nancy once arranged for a late-night shopping expedition at a local supermarket, a routine task made impossible for Michael and his children due to his popularity. To make the experience as realistic as possible, the Malnik’s asked some of their friends to act as fellow shoppers, completely ignoring Michael as he happily shopped.
During their friendship, Jackson even chartered a private plane to travel to South Florida to surprise Al at his 70th birthday party, where Michael sat with Al at the head table and welcomed Al’s guests, including B.B. King, Smokey Robinson, F. Lee Bailey and celebrity lawyer Roy Black.
Michael gave special thanks to Al in the liner notes on his Greatest Hits CD, and the two signed a document in 2003 in which Al swears to raise Blanket (Prince Michael II) as his own. ”I guess in 2003 or 2004, he (Michael) asked me if anything ever happened to him, if I would become godfather and parent to Prince Michael,” he told reporter Lisa Petrillo. “So I signed a document at that time agreeing to bring up Blanket in the event anything happened to him.” Michael, in turn, became the godfather of Al and Nancy’s daughter, Spencer.
The Malnik family will always remember the wonderful times they shared with Michael, Paris, Prince and Blanket at their home. “It was a magical time for all of us. Thank God we have it on video. We’ll never forget him. We’ll love Michael always.”

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 3 agosto 2022, 9:05

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 6 agosto 2022, 9:57

‘All I could think about in this moment was, “I had abandoned him.” That we had abandoned him. That we had allowed this magnificent creature who had once set the world on fire to somehow slip through the cracks.’
— Madonna

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 7 agosto 2022, 8:56

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 agosto 2022, 9:57

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 19 agosto 2022, 8:47

"Michael Jackson did something that no one else in history has been able to do... He reached out to people at every level imaginable...all over the world. He seemed to talk to people at the grassroots level and achieve the impossible. He reached people on a deep emotional level. And that's what every great artist or showman dreams of doing. That's why Michael Jackson was so special to me. " - David Blaine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 agosto 2022, 8:57

Cinequest
@Cinequest

As a THANK YOU to our SOCIAL COMMUNITY: Sonic Fantasy: Michael Jackson & Quincy Jones came together to create an album that would save the music industry...Thriller! 8.23 at 7pm Use promo code: sonic9 for $9 tks.

TICKETS: https://cinequest.org/festival-events

#cinequest #filmfestival

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 23 agosto 2022, 15:23

Elvis Presley's granddaughter Riley Keough, 31 today and Lisa Marie's daughter said in an interview what it was like to have #MichaelJackson as a stepfather.
She said: I didn't meet Elvis but I met Michael. Lisa and Michael's marriage lasted a short time, but they remained friends after the separation, resulting in everlasting memories for Riley.
She says: Michael gave me toys, and bought me anything I wanted, once he took me to Disney and gave me a Beauty and the Beast watch, a special gift that I treasure
Funny memory, Michael picked me up from school, and took Buble his chimp, my friends loved him, Bubbles climbed the curtains and made the biggest mess.
I also remember our vacation to Africa, it was a wonderful trip, Michael was amazing.
Neverland was every kid's dream and my brother and I had it all to ourselves.
Then came Michael's children, and we grew up together.
7 years separate Paris from me, she is my friend, my little sister, my confidant.
In these memories, what makes me the saddest is the absence of my little brother Benjamin, who passed away in 2020 at the age of 21, and who is also part of all the memories I have of Michael.
Although Elvis had been dead for 12 years when she was born, that didn't stop her from growing up surrounded by musicians. Her mother is singer-songwriter Lisa Marie Presley—the only daughter of Elvis and Priscilla Presley, and her father is fellow musician Danny Keough .
As if that were not enough, after divorcing his father, his mother married Michael Jackson, who was his stepfather during the two years that the relationship lasted.
Thus, with a childhood between Graceland, the mansion of the king of rock in Memphis, and Neverland, Michael Jackson's ranch that had its own amusement park, it is not surprising that Riley Keough pursued an artistic career.
Elvis fan builds new Graceland in Denmark but despite being surrounded by music legends, Keough turned to acting to find her "own path in life", as she says. And, although she acknowledges that she had a privileged childhood, she also had to face difficulties in her career.
Keough made his debut in 2010 with "The Runaways", which was followed by several supporting roles in almost a dozen films, including "Magic Mike", by director Steven Soderbergh, with whom he will work again later.
In between, Keough also modeled for brands as important as Dior or Dolce & Gabbana. Which, in case you hadn't noticed, Riley Keough is everywhere, and not just because she's Elvis's granddaughter.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 25 agosto 2022, 9:47

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 agosto 2022, 9:11

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 agosto 2022, 9:51

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 29 agosto 2022, 9:16

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 30 agosto 2022, 9:57

Mourad Mesellaty
On the occasion of this year celebrating Thriller 40th anniversary
The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) awarded Diamond certifications on Michael Jackson Birthday. The Michael Jackson Estate during the Birthday Bach in Las Vegas received 4 awards from the RIAA which were revealed in front of fans in the lobby of MJ ONE theatre in front of the “Smooth Criminal” outfit.
Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 1 settembre 2022, 9:38

Eric Alper
@ThatEricAlper
Michael Jackson's "Thriller" has been certified Diamond for selling 10 million copies of the single.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 3 settembre 2022, 9:15

Mourad Mesellaty
#StoryOfTheDay #MichaelJackson's Chinese fans did not have
the chance to see the star in their country (except in Hong Kong)
but on October 23, 1987, Michael took the opportunity to spend
few days off and rest during the Bad Tour. He went to Zhongshan
in Guangdong province (southern China) to discover the rural life there.
His guide at the time, Liu Guangzhi, 23 years old in 1987, had a good command of English and was assigned to receive a group of 12 tourists. He remembered that day, which he shared shortly after Michael's disappearance in June 2009.
"It wasn't until I received the list of tourists that I found out I was going to accompany Michael Jackson." Clearly, Liu is still excited when he talks about the 22-year-old events. "On the organization schedule for vehicles and restaurants, which I kept, Michael Jackson is listed at the top. Under the column, profession, it says "entertainment industry."
Michael came from Hong Kong to visit Yongmo Village, Sanxiang City. He particularly enjoyed the scenery of Cuihang and Zhongshan.. Michael wore a dark green shirt, black pants and black glasses. He was jovial and serene. "In 1987, although China was not very open to pop music, many young people in Zhongshan knew Michael from Thriller. It was great. At that time, he wasn't surrounded by all those bodyguards. In Yongmo village, many tourists and locals recognized him and asked for photos and autographs.
Michael only spent 40 minutes in Yongmo. Obviously, he was particularly interested in what was not modernized. He was fascinated by the rice fields, the buffaloes and the ducks in the ponds. Michael was deeply attracted to the villagers and farmers who showed him kindness and hospitality. He was walking along the paved village road when he looked at a bundled up baby. He greeted the children and had his picture taken with an old woman in front of her house. Michael and his friends took many pictures and videos.
They then had lunch at the Hot Spring Club in Zhongshan. Michael was a vegetarian at that time. He had a meal prepared for him. He didn't seem picky about food. He was very interested in Chinese architecture. Michael did not know Dr. Sun Yat-sen when he visited the museum dedicated to him in Zhongshan. He listened to Liu and gradually began to understand the "Sun Revolutionary Road".
"He gave the impression of having great admiration for Dr. Sun Yat-sen (Chinese revolutionary leader and statesman, (1866-1925, considered "the father of modern China"). He really liked the tunic worn by Dr. Sun Yat-sen in a photo. He asked about the origin and design of the tunic. We later learned that he had a Chinese tunic made in Hong Kong to bring back to the U.S. The seven-hour visit was almost over. Before leaving, Michael said to Liu, "The scenery in Zhongshan is very similar to Switzerland. Everything is green.".
Liu was touched by Michael's thoughtfulness. "When he returned to Hong Kong, he asked his agent to send me the group photo...and he signed it". He also sent Liu the photo of the children and the old woman in the village.
Today, many of these photos hang on the walls of homes. "It's an amazing memory and it's all thanks to Michael. ''

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 5 settembre 2022, 9:18

Keen Zhang
@mkgenie
In Yongmo village, Zhongshan city, mainland China, where #MichaelJackson had visited, now the village installed a monument to remember the day and the man, King of Pop. I’m in tears.

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 11 settembre 2022, 9:23

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 23 settembre 2022, 9:13

andjustice4some - Fan account for Michael Jackson
@andjustice4some
Akhil has done incredible work on recertification for Michael's music. Thank you Akhil and
@AndrewGreene864
for the dedicated work you have done for Michael's legacy.

Akhil Jackson
@AkhilJaxxn
Sony has been recertified singles equivalent to 25.5M units out of this. The moment Sony recertify songs like Smooth Criminal, TDCAU, Bad, The Way You Make Me Feel & Love Never Felt So Good, Jackson will surpass the Beatles as the highest certified artists from the 20th century.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 settembre 2022, 10:17

#MJInnocent✊🏾Official
@MJInnocentUK

Sep 23rd 2022… John Legend, yes that one, is interviewed by @SmoothRadio & is literally gushing over #MichaelJackson… our heads are spinning
‘John Legend has opened up about some of the inspirations of his new album, including the King of Pop himself.’ https://smoothradio.com/news/music/john ... new-album/

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 9 ottobre 2022, 9:03

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 16 ottobre 2022, 9:32

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 ottobre 2022, 13:47

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 ottobre 2022, 9:49

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 28 ottobre 2022, 9:31

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment ... ie-mercury

Michael Jackson was an expert in the music industry - not only as a musician but as a fan, as well. So when he crossed paths with Queen at the height of their fame in 1980, he couldn't help but offer them some advice on where to go next. Despite the fact the extremely successful band had spent the last few years touring sold-out shows in Europe and Japan, Michael knew they had even more untapped potential and a chance to truly break America.
Michael began working with Queen while they were recording their eighth album, The Game, which was released on June 30, 1980.

The King of Pop listened to their music but felt as if something was missing.

Freddie Mercury later recalled: "Credit for the song should go to Michael Jackson in many ways. He was a fan and friend of ours and kept telling me: 'Freddie, you need a song the cats can dance to.'"

After a few writing sessions, John Deacon came out with the legendary bass riff that runs through the iconic hit track Another One Bites the Dust.
"Immediately," Freddie said. "We thought of disco, which was very popular at the time."

The band finished the song before taking the final product to Jackson to play him the music.

Freddie said: "I knew we had a hit as he bobbed his head up and down and Michael said: 'That’s it, that’s the gravy. Release it and it will top the charts.'"

He added: "And so we did, and it did."

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 29 ottobre 2022, 8:39

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 6 novembre 2022, 8:02

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 19 novembre 2022, 12:54

“Recording was never a static event. We used to record with the lights out, Michael on my drum platform. Michael would dance on that as we did the vocals. What an incredible experience. The talent was just indescribably huge. Michael combined elements of pop, jazz and soul into a new kind of music and galvanized the world. The way I want to remember him is as the ultimate musician. He was just fantastic and he brought a tremendous amount of musical integrity with him every time he came into the studio.”
"Damn near any chimpanzee could record Michael. I mean he is such a pro, it is unbelievable! ... Michael was not an ordinary vocalist or an ordinary singer. If any young people in the music industry take the decision to use Michael as an inspiration, that's about the smartest thing that they could possibly do. In the studio you hardly knew he was there ‑— he was extremely quiet and polite and kind ‑— but he really cared about the quality of what we were doing. Not only the technical quality, but the musicality, and his pitch, and the lyrics, the arrangements, and so on. For example, I don't think I ever saw Michael with the lyrics in front of him. He'd always been up the night before memorising the lyrics and he sang the songs from memory. And every day that we recorded vocals his vocal coach was there, and he warmed up for an hour beforehand. That made a big difference.”
“Michael Jackson's dedication to his art was unique. During the recordings of the albums, which sometimes lasted for months, he rarely rested. He worked on the lyrics all the time.
Michael was so professional, he was so amazing to work with. When he arrives at the studio to record the vocal part, he usually has the lyrics and melody memorized. Michael was polite and adorable. So he would say, 'Can I hear a little more of the piano in the headphones, please?' And then he gave thanks. The music industry is a place where you don't hear those words much. That is the reason why I totally respect Michael, and for all his musical quality.".
#BruceSwedien (R.I.P), studio engineer for Michael Jackson albums since 1978

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 2 dicembre 2022, 9:19

GRAMMY Museum
@GRAMMYMuseum

We're feeling thrilled about
@michaeljackson
at the #GRAMMYMuseum.

The pop #singer's 6th studio album, #Thriller, was nominated for TWELVE awards at the 26th annual #GRAMMYs. 🧟
Stop by the museum to check out the thrilling artist's most iconic look on display!

Immagine

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 11 dicembre 2022, 8:30

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 dicembre 2022, 7:39

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 dicembre 2022, 8:13

“When people ask me where I get my strength from, I tell them that I look at the man Michael Jackson looks at when he looks at the man in the mirror,”
Muhammad Ali

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 5 gennaio 2023, 7:27

.Buz Kohan became a model in the American entertainment world: the biggest studios and the most prestigious institutions turned to him. Kohan became a versatile and reliable specialist, able to create every detail of the projects he worked on in a clear, simple and original way.
Buz Kohan first worked with Michael Jackson in 1971, when Motown asked him to write the program Goin' Back to Indiana, which celebrated the return of the Jackson Five to their hometown. Buz Kohan was introduced to a promising young teenager, with whom he would develop a professional and friendly relationship that would last until the death of the person who had then become the King of Pop.
Artist and writer regularly teamed up on projects that were true milestones in Michael Jackson's career. When the young singer agreed to be on the TV show celebrating Disneyland's 25th anniversary, Buz Kohan created for him a number that was as innocent as it was magical, and in which the admiration he had for Walt Disney leapt from the screen. The following year, the author was backstage when Diana Ross invited her young protégé to celebrate the success of her latest album, produced by the band Chic, at a special concert tailor-made for her.
In 1983, on the occasion of the legendary Motown 25, Buz Kohan wrote the few lines that made the transition between the song Michael Jackson had just played with his brothers and the song he was about to sing, Billie Jean.
The writer was one of the lucky people who witnessed, live, the young artist's first moonwalk.
As the 1980s drew to a close, on November 13, 1989, Buz Kohan reunited the two artists who had left the biggest mark on his life as a writer: Michael Jackson and Sammy Davis Jr. He managed to convince the pop star to honor Sammy in a special program celebrating his 60-year career.
Sammy Davis Jr. he was extremely sick and didn't have much time to live. Michael Jackson performed a song written especially for this ceremony, entitled You Were There:
In 1997, Buz Kohan and Michael Jackson presented Elizabeth Taylor with an ode that did justice to her legendary stature and the friendship she had enjoyed with the singer since the mid-1980s. This would be the last significant collaboration between the two friends, although they would continue keeping in close contact over the years.
Buz sees Michael during filming of the Earth Song music video
In addition to the TV shows, the two worked together on songs that highlighted Jackson's love of ballads that seemed made for musicals or animated films in the highest tradition of Disney studios. Their most iconic collaboration remains the song Gone Too Soon , which Michael Jackson recorded to honor the young Ryan White, who died at the age of 17 due to the effects of AIDS.
It was this endless love and respect for the people dear to their hearts, and the core values ​​they shared, that kept Buz Kohan and the King of Pop close well into 2009. Kohan's sadness was matched only by his discretion and integrity. He was one of the few people who had the ability to get close to and understand the artist and unique individual that was Michael Jackson.

Rispondi