Honour MJ Campaign

Michael Jackson's news in English. Your updated reference for Michael Jackson's news in English language from all around the world. Rumors, gossip and true facts. And a lot of Michael Jackson's beautiful pictures.
soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Re: Honour MJ Campaign

Messaggio da soulmum » 7 luglio 2021, 8:55

He was loved throughout the world. I miss him.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 9 luglio 2021, 8:48

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 luglio 2021, 20:48

https://www.therichest.com/rich-powerfu ... -all-time/

"The King of Pop tops the list. MJ was not just a legendary singer; he was a phenomenon that stormed the world. He is and will unconditionally remain one of the most important pop culture icons of the 20th century."

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 18 luglio 2021, 9:51

Congratulations to Michael Jackson for coming in at #9 for best selling solo artists by pure album sales in the US for 2021
ImmagineImmagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 luglio 2021, 8:32

′′ I was lucky enough to know him when he was 9 years old. Even then he had something so compelling that I was honestly disposed of.
How could that little boy have such an effect on me???? ❤
-Berry Gordy-

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 23 luglio 2021, 8:48

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 luglio 2021, 11:04

James Jackson
@JamesSbiJackson

@MJJJusticePrjct @michaeljackson @tajjackson3 @BLKLiberation84 @BJackson82 check out this video.

Voice Teacher Reacts to Michael Jackson - 1988 Grammys https://youtu.be/SwZ1Y87s1bg via @YouTube[/media]

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 27 luglio 2021, 10:21

The media still prefer to believe the marriage between Lisa and Michael was fake even though Lisa tried to set the record straight.

''Years ago Michael and I had a serious conversation about life in general. I can't remember the exact content of the conversation, but I know he was asking questions about my father's death. At that point he stopped, stared at me, and said, 'I'm afraid I'll end up like him in the same way.'' I promptly tried to push that idea away from him, but he shrugged and nodded, maybe he already knew the facts, like if he wanted me to know too; he knew what he knew. 14 years later, I'm sitting here watching the news; I saw the ambulance leaving his house, the main gate, the people outside, the press coverage, the the crowd gathering at the hospital, the cause of death and what led him to it, when I am struck by the memory of this conversation, as well as the tears that do not cease. An ending foreseen by him, by me and by all who loved him, but what I didn't foresee was how much it would hurt for me when it happened. The person I failed to help with is being taken to the Los Angeles Institute of Forensic Medicine.
Immagine
All the indifference and distance that I strove for in order to maintain over these years, they went to hell and the now I am devastated. I'll say what I've never said before because I want the truth, at least for once: our relationship was never fake, as the press said. It was a different relationship, yes, where two people who didn't know what life was, or a normal life, met and bonded. I believe he loved me as much as he could love anyone and I loved him so much. I wish I had "save him", I wish I had saved him from the inevitable that happened. His family and those who loved him also wanted to save him, but we didn't know how 14 years ago. We all predicted this. Back then, when trying to save him, I almost got lost.
Immagine
He was an incredibly dynamic force and had power that could not be underestimated. Mediocrity was not a concept that entered into Michael Jackson's actions or way of being. I was sick, emotionally and spiritually devastated by my attempts to save him from certain self-destructive behavior and the vampires and leeches that always walked back from him.
Immagine
He was out of my mind! He had my children to take care of and I had to make a decision; the hardest decision I had to make which was to walk away and leave him to his own fate, even though I was desperately in love with him and was trying to stop or reverse it. After the divorce, I spent years obsessing about him and what I could have done differently. He had regrets So I spent some time angry about the situation. At the same time, I was indifferent... Until now. As I sit here overwhelmed by sadness, reflection and confusion in what has been my biggest mistake so far, I watch the news step by step. The exact scenario I saw happen on August 16, 1977, happens again, with Michael, something I never wanted to see again as he predicted. (date of death of Elvis Presley, father of Lisa Marie). I'm really, really crushed. Any bad experiences or bad feelings you had for him in the past died with him. He was an amazing person and I was lucky to have been close to him, as I was, and to have the experiences and years we spent together.
I sincerely wish that he is now free and relieved of his pain, pressure and restlessness. He deserves to be free of everything and I hope he's in a better place now.
Immagine
I also hope that anyone who feels they have failed to help him will feel that he is finally free. The world is in a state of shock, but somehow he knew exactly what his fate would be and, more than any of us, he was right.''
Written by Lisa Marie Presley, in
June 25, 2009.
Source:
@michaeljackson
http://mjjackson-forever.com
#MJFam #michaeljacksonfan #humanitarian #michaeljackson #kingofpop #MJInnocent #michaeljacksonforever #moonwalker #moonwalkers #mjj #mjinnocent #michaeljacksonfans #mjfam #mjforever #michaeljosephjackson #jackson #mjfan #applehead

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 29 luglio 2021, 9:08

: Creating an Artist. Backstage stories from the life of the greatest artist of all time narrated by journalist Mike Smallcombe.
Excerpts from journalist Mike Smallcombe 's book Making Michael contain many interesting moments from the life of the King of Pop, as well as a description of his studio work from childhood to 2009.
"Jack and Mac" Michael said recording "The Girl Is Mine" was one of the coolest sessions of his career. Paul McCartney came to the Westlake Studio with a film crew to film the session.
“Working with Paul McCartney was a lot of fun and we had a lot of fun,” Michael Jackson recalled. We talked and joked and at the same time we were recording our vocals live.''
However, despite all the pleasant moments during recording, Michael later admitted that the music didn't turn out the way he wanted it.
"Thriller cover" It took six hours to shoot Michael Jackson for the Thriller album cover . Michael tried on many different outfits, including a leather jacket and black shirt. “We chose a photo with a leather jacket as an alternative option , ” said photographer Dick Zimmerman. “Michael had a lightbulb in his hands, because he liked all kinds of magic; Zimmerman took approximately 300 photos, including one with a six-month-old tiger cub.
When the photos were finished, Zimmerman took them to Westlake Studios for Michael to select the cover. “Michael said. They're all so nice, I can't pick and choose . He asked me to wait and ran back to the studio. He returned a minute later with Quincy Jones. Jones looked closely at the photos, then pointed confidently at one and said with a smile, "Here's your cover, Michael!" That's how the legendary Thriller cover was born.
"New songs for Peter Pan's movie" After performing at Motown 25, Michael began recording songs for the soundtrack for Steven Spielberg's feature film Peter Pan, although nothing was agreed upon. He called Buz Cohen, songwriter and producer, with whom he had known since he was 12 years old to write two songs Make a Wish and Neverland Landing . Cohen said Spielberg played Make a Wish for his son instead of a lullaby.
“Michael did a full orchestrated demo of Make a Wish, sang it and then sent it to Stephen. We also finished Neverland Landing, I even have a demo somewhere. I have to look for that tape.''
But Spielberg suddenly postponed the project, first because of the movie Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom , then because of the birth of his son in 1985. By 1986, the rights to make a film about Peter Pan had expired. In 1989, after acquiring the rights to TriStar Pictures, Spielberg was hired to direct the film Hook , a sequel to the James Barry story, about the adult Peter Pan. Spielberg cast Robin Williams for the lead role, and thus broke Michael's heart. “I worked on the script and wrote songs for six months,” explained Michael. " ''They didn't choose me.'' I was very upset''.
Spielberg, for his part, claimed that Michael was not interested in the image of the adult Peter Pan. “Michael always wanted to play Peter Pan, but I called him and explained that the movie is about a lawyer trying to save his kids and finding out he was Peter Pan as a kid. Michael realized that this wasn't exactly the story he wanted to act in''.
"jokes" While working on Bad at Westlake Studio, Michael had a private room on the second floor, with a window overlooking the control room. He stayed in this room to rest and play popcorn with his collaborators.
From time to time, Michael showed some of his weirdness. “I once looked at Michael and saw him chewing on a piece of toilet paper , ” recalls musician Larry Williams. "I told him, 'Michael, why are you eating toilet paper ?' And he replied, "Did you never eat paper napkins as a child ?" Because I didn't eat''
Many musicians regularly brought their children to work. “My kids used to come into the studio and sit in Michael's arms,” recalls Larry Williams. “As soon as the kids would show up in the studio, the work would stop''
Kim Hutchcroft also remembers Michael's affection. “It was my daughter's birthday and I asked Michael if he could congratulate her and he agreed. I called home and on the other end of the line, friends gathered around my daughter for him to say to her 'Happy Birthday'. The atmosphere in the studio is very friendly''
Michael also took care of the musicians and their families. “Somehow my daughter got really sick and went to the hospital,” says Larry Williams. “Michael sent her an avalanche of toys. It was very kind of him.'
"Disney Tokyo" In Tokyo, Michael negotiated the closure of Disneyland so that his tour team could visit the park and walk around without an audience.
Guitarist Jennifer Batten recalls a moment: “Sheryl Crow and I walked into a store, and then Michael came up behind me, patted me on the shoulder and said he really liked my solo on Beat It. We started talking. It was a surprise because he was always surrounded by guards and we never tried to get close to him.''
He was cheerful, laughed out loud and loved to make fun of people. I remember we went to Disneyland, he called me to some attraction with him I didn't want to go at all but he insisted so much that I gave in. He was very shy,'' recalls Sheryl Crow.
"You Were There" In early November 1989, Buz Cohen visited Michael and invited him to perform at the tribute show in honor of Sammy Davis Jr.'s 60th career anniversary. Cohen was one of the show's producers and songwriters. “Me and George Schlatter, the show's executive producer, invited Michael to participate. I don't think we discussed what exactly he could do on stage that night, but Michael agreed to participate.''
At the time, Michael had a terrible headache, symptoms from the Pepsi commercial accident.
Cohen and Schlatter did not know the seriousness of Michael's condition. “He took us to the bathroom and talked about the headaches,” recalls Cohen. “He told me he was in constant pain and needed painkillers. That's why he wasn't sure about introducing himself.
Cohen went home and started thinking about the easiest and painless way to get Michael on the show. “And then the phrase—You were there came to mind. She suited Sammy so well and clearly. It was an attitude of young artists like Michael towards him.''
You Were There originally existed as a poem, but the text was easily turned into music. Cohen sent a letter to Michael and talked about the song. “I wrote to him: “If those words evoke any reaction in you, they express your feelings for Sammy and if you can spend an hour with me before the show and write a melody, call me back. If you just want to read this poem and not sing, I can write a beautiful background song that will suit your voice well.''
I knew he was very busy, so I took the risk of writing the melody myself and turning this poem into a song.
The night before the show, Michael showed up at the Shrine Auditorium for the recording. Along with Cohen, they went into the next room, which was empty but with a piano. The producer, arranger and other assistants remained at the door to wait; the arranger had to program the instrument parts in the morning if Michael agreed to play the song.
“Michael sat at the piano with me,” recalls Cohen. “He called me Buzzy Wazzy. I played him a song on the piano and he said, "Buzzy, that's a lot of lymph." We sat there for a while, making melody changes, changing a few words in the lyrics and a few chords, but Michael still wasn't sure he would have time to learn the song. So I told him, "I don't know if you know, but this man, Sammy Davis Jr., has done a lot for you and if you miss your last chance to thank him, you'll never forgive yourself."
Michael replied that he understood everything and would try. Then, everything started to spin, it was necessary to have time to prepare for the dress rehearsal, which was only 12 hours away.
“I knew Michael … he was a perfectionist, spent weeks tweaking his numbers. And now he would take the stage in front of an audience of millions and perform a song he had never sung before. He will hear the orchestration for the first time just a few hours before the show. He turned on the working mechanism and went home, taking with him a tape recording of a piano track to learn the music.''
After dress rehearsal, Michael went to his dressing room to rest and prepare for the recording. That night, he performed You Were There for the first and only time. This performance brought Davis to tears, who was battling throat cancer at the time. When he finished singing, Michael went to his idol and hugged him tightly. “Michael was a genius, simple, eloquent, and that's why the performance was so powerful,” adds Cohen. “He paid off the debt and his departure was one of the most memorable events of that show ever filled with exceptional performances.”

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 30 luglio 2021, 10:41

Which part of Neverland is most special to you and why?
- There can be only one answer to this beautiful question, MICHAEL JACKSON himself !!! - Rob Swinson

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 2 agosto 2021, 8:12

"The funny thing about Michael was his laugh. When he began to laugh, I could not stop, and then everyone around him began to laugh and could not stop. He was a catalyst for laughter and he liked to provoke bouts of laughter at the wrong time." Lionel Richie

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 2 agosto 2021, 9:18

The 40 Greatest Music Video Artists ( Thank you to SPIN source ! )
Video killed the radio star 40 years ago, and these musicians shaped the video age
Music videos are the perfect bastard child of art and commerce, even more than pop music itself. A promotional visual accompaniment to a popular song doesn’t need a coherent narrative (although on rare occasions, they do). It just needs to suit the song, sell the record, and possibly make the artist look cool. But since the launch of MTV 40 years ago this week, a select few recording artists have helped raise music videos to an art form sometimes by accident, and sometimes by carefully curating the work of brilliant directors like Mark Romanek, Hype Williams, and Spike Jonze. Here are 40 artists from the last four decades that helped video kill the radio star.
#MichaelJackson is the King of Pop, but he’s also the king of music videos. First, he permanently shattered the color barrier of MTV’s whitebread early years with the record-breaking success of 1982’s Thriller and its trio of incredible videos. Jackson’s electric dance movies only needed some clever lighting to become unforgettable in “Billie Jean,” but as the album continued to sell, Jackson set his ambitions higher, hiring director John Landis for the epic 13-minute “Thriller” video. The scary yet funny leap forward in the nascent art of zombie choreography is still considered one of the top music videos of all time, but Jackson continued to make amazing flicks like “Smooth Criminal” and “Remember the Time” for a couple of decades. He never quite topped “Thriller,” but neither has anybody else.
Source : SPIN by Al Shipley August 1 2021
https://www.spin.com/fea.../greatest-mu ... o-artists/...

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 6 agosto 2021, 13:19

“When I was just a kid, my first producer always played me Michael Jackson's live performance to the sound of 'Who's Loving You.'
He would like me to spend hours watching. He wanted me to be able to understand his soul.
And you could feel your soul.
He was just a little boy, he hadn't experienced love yet, but he was powerful. For some strange reason, he was able to evoke more emotions than an adult. And it was so so pure at the same time.
It was these little details that he managed to create that made him his treasure.
It's a gift from God.
Michael taught me that sometimes you have to forget about technique, you have to forget about what you wear. Just feel.
Michael Jackson shaped me and helped me become the artist that I am.
Thanks, Michael.
Love forever".
Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 8 agosto 2021, 20:51

Matilde Beatriz Latini

September 30, 1992
Michael Jackson at Leanganul Pentru Copii Sfinta Ecaterina orphanage in Bucharest (Romania) visits Princess Catalina Caradja Olympia, 99, She was a descendant of an aristocratic Romanian family who founded the orphanage back in 1897.
There was a special chemistry when they were together. They say the elderly and children have a lot in common, like they are the same age. The love for children was on the same level, both.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 8 agosto 2021, 21:55

Derek Emerson ( Sam Emerson's son ) on The King of Pop !
Growing up in Beverly Hills, California, Derek Emerson lead a charmed life. “It was nice to always have an all-access pass,” he laughs.
His father, photographer Sam Emerson, worked the rock music scene where Derek met the likes of Stevie Ray Vaughn, Cheap Trick, Fleetwood Mac, The Police, Billy Idol and Elton John. The list, he says, “Goes on and on.”
But there was that one performer, one icon, that Derek fondly recalls. On the fifth anniversary of his untimely death, Derek reminisces about Michael Jackson.
Derek’s dad was Michael’s personal still photographer from 1980 to 1993. He shot the album cover for Bad, worked on the ‘Beat It,’ ‘Billie Jean,’ ‘Bad’ and ‘Smooth Criminal’ videos and traveled the world – three times over – with the King of Pop. “Any photos released from ’82 to ’94 were mostly my dad’s,” Derek explains.
At the age of 12, Derek met a then 24 year-old Michael for the first time. It was in Michael’s house on Hazlehurst – before Neverland Ranch – that Sam was shooting photos of Michael’s gloves, nearly a dozen of them. “I was playing Frogger and, all of a sudden, I felt this weight on my back,” Derek recounts. “It was Michael’s pet snake, Muscles. He set it there and just started laughing. He was a little prankster.” That was the same day he says Michael took him and Quincy Jones’ daughter for a golf cart ride.
When Sam was working, Derek was always welcome to hang out. He’d play video games and Michael would join him on breaks. “I remember going to Neverland, to the candy shop, riding rides and talking about my cycling or school,” Derek says. “There was a train around the property and big forts with water cannons. I’d be playing and he’d come play, too. It really was like hanging out with another kid who just didn’t want to grow up.”
Derek recalls Michael’s sense of humor. “I remember one time in New Orleans, probably in ’84, where we were in the hotel after a show. Sugar Ray Leonard and Stevie Wonder were hanging out and we wanted to pick up something to eat. Stevie said, ‘Give me the keys and I’ll drive.’ Michael thought that was so funny.”
"Michael called me The Man Who Captures Magic" - Sam Emerson

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 9 agosto 2021, 16:30

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 14 agosto 2021, 16:16

Testimony of Diana Dawn.
'The day I met Michael Jackson was a great emotion for me. It was one of Lucasfilms' (film producer) annual picnics in the late 1980s, which took place every year around the 4th of July at the Skywalker Ranch in Marin County. It was during the time when Michael Jackson was working with George Lucas on his movie Captain EO. My sister was working for Lucasfilm at the time and invited me to the party.
Immagine
It was also around the same time that I had been hired by Lucasfilm to work on the movie Willow. Soon after arriving at the picnic at Skywalker Ranch I saw Michael Jackson and said 'Hello!' He was talking to George Lucas and a group of kids were around him, so I didn't get a chance to get up close and personal until later that day.
Immagine
However, I was able to take some pictures of Michael in these early moments. Michael was wearing his designer sunglasses, black pants, black shirt and black hat, along with a blue surgical mask over his mouth. And when I took out my camera and held it up to take some pictures, he gently took off his hat and mask and smiled at the camera. His smile was brighter than the sun and could have lit up the entire galaxy that day. He had a presence that was truly magical. Later that day I ran towards him in a shady area - Michael was sitting alone at a picnic table, there was his bodyguard and a large German Shepherd dog nearby, so I walked over slowly and asked for his bodyguard if I could 'hello' to Michael and get an autograph, his bodyguard said 'ask Michael yourself...' So I did and sat down next to him and said 'Hi!' very shyly, and he said 'Hi!' back so shy and his voice was so soft and sweet! I told Michael that I loved his music and that his lyrics really touched me.
Immagine
Michael responded by saying, 'Thank you... This really means a lot to me... Thank you!' I felt like I was floating on air at that moment. I knew his words were true and that he really appreciated his fans and I could tell he really enjoyed being an artist and making a difference in people's lives. if he could autograph the Lucasfilm yearbook I had with me and he kindly agreed to do so, as did George Lucas earlier that day. Later, I was walking down the dirt road in my car, when a fire truck who was on the property passed down the road, driving in the same direction. He was blowing the siren so I thought they wanted more space and asked me to step away. When I was already on the shoulder, I looked back again and to my surprise , saw Michael Jackson come out of the passenger side window of the fire truck! He was waving and sounding the siren like a five-year-old would! I looked over my shoulder to see who he was for was waving and no one was there, there was just the parking lot full of cars behind me, so when I looked at him, Michael was still waving and it suddenly occurred to me that he was trying to get my attention all the time, waving at me. me.
Immagine
At that very moment I saw his true child's soul shining through him, and I felt so pure and innocent. It was a very special moment for me and I will always treasure those moments with Michael. I feel very lucky to have met him that day. He had a beautiful spirit, a precious soul and an angelic smile, and I am so grateful to have witnessed his playful side. Michael Jackson was a magician on and off stage and left too soon.'
By Diana Dawn, actress.
Source: http://sftalent.com
Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 16 agosto 2021, 21:34

#StoryOfTheDay #MichaelJackson's Unforgettable Show at the 1988 Grammys.
On March 2, 1988, Michael Jackson delighted audiences at the 30th Grammy Awards with an intense interpretation of 'The Way You Make Me Feel' and 'Man In The Mirror'. The momentous performance of the anthem was accompanied by the Choir of New Hope Baptist Church of New York, including Siedah Garrett and Andre Crouch.
Grammy Awards executive producer Ken Ehrlich recalls a story about Michael Jackson's rehearsal the night before the show :
“Just before Vincent Paterson, his choreographer, said goodbye, Michael whispered something to him and he gave him an object. In the elevator, puzzled, I asked Vincent what it was. He replied that he had given him a wooden microphone with which he would probably spend most of the night in front of the mirror to rehearse his dance steps until he reached perfection. While most of the other nominees were celebrating this man was alone in the middle of the night rehearsing in his suite.''
Despite 'Bad' being the best-selling album in the world the previous year and having won number one on the charts in over 25 countries, MJ won in just one of the four categories for which he was nominated: ' Best Recording'.
The following week, however, Billboard magazine released surprising data: sales for 'Bad' were higher than those for U2 's 'The Joshua Tree' ; who ( ironically ) won the 'Album of the Year' award instead of 'Bad'.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 17 agosto 2021, 16:36

TSCM
@MJJRepository

Starting next month and running through November, Rowan University (New Jersey) will be running a synchronized "Laser Michael Jackson" tribute special in their 360 degree planetarium.

Tracks include Black or White, Thriller, TWYMMF, DSTYGE, ABC and more.

https://shop.rowan.edu/store/events/listings/5849

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 agosto 2021, 9:51

Michael called me and said "Can we do something were I turn into a monster and make zombies dance ~John Landis. And the rest was history. "Thriller" went on the be known as probably the greatest music video ever made

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 23 agosto 2021, 8:41

Mourad Mesellaty

#StoryOfTheDay...“One More Chance”...from dream to nightmare.
Directed by Nick Brandt, #MichaelJackson had been shooting the music video late into the night of November 17, 2003 at CMX Studios in Las Vegas, Nevada, but production was stopped following a raid on the Neverland Ranch by the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Office in relation to allegations of child sex abuse by Jackson. The music video was directed by Nicholas Brandt. The single was instead promoted using a montage video of highlights from Michael Jackson's career.
''The video would premiere on November 26, 2003, at the end of a CBS special. Soon Michael would embark on a promotional tour of Europe, Africa and South America but his plans were canceled…''
In the summer of 2003, Michael Jackson and his team began work on RETURN. With meetings at Neverland, planning began on everything that would be contained in this return, which would lead Michael to new areas, and would serve to clean up the image, especially “damaged” after Bashir's documentary. His problems with Sony didn't help either. Right after the documentaries, one that would serve to disprove Bashir's and another that included home recordings, he conducted a performance at the BET Awards in June 2003 to present an award to his idol JAMES BROWN. This seemed to be working fine. Right now it was better to see Michael give an award to receive him.
The comeback plan, known as the “MJ UNIVERSE PROJECT”, was intended to show Michael as someone close, someone accessible, after having spent so many years leading a secluded lifestyle.
The first step would be to bring Michael closer to his fans through a website. A company in Vancouver called BLAST RADIUS, which took care of the layout of the pages, would be responsible for its new page (the one it had at the time, was under the care of SONY). The new one would contain interactive videos and other things, which would allow Michael to be in permanent contact with his fans.
The next step would be to open the Neverland Ranch, so that everyone could experience their world and leave behind this image of a sinister place, which portrayed Bashir's documentary, and would also serve to generate tickets. I was also thinking of launching a clothing line and theme park in Japan.
But the icing on the cake would be the contract they would have with a film company in Montreal. For Michael, cinema has always been his dream. In 1993, he was going to start down that road and get out of Sony's hands, but the first accusations of child abuse made him back off and go back to music.
In recent years, Michael had appeared in small roles in MEN IN BLACK 2 and the low-budget comedy MISS CASTAWAY. His then-manager Diete Wiesner said he didn't want to go back to making music, he felt he had already done the best he could, and that he was having a hard time overcoming his own work. I wanted to act, I wanted to direct. I wanted to be successful in this area too. But he knew his fans wanted to see him dance and sing, and he felt he owed them that. I didn't want to leave the scene without doing great shows in one place.
After several months of negotiations, they managed to buy an animation company called CINEGROUPE, which Michael planned to turn into a kind of “Pixar”. As a welcome, the company invited Michael to participate with ideas for a new project called Pinocchio 3000. It finally happened, but for that he needed to get rid of the contract with Sony.
In October 2003, Michael Jackson traveled to Las Vegas to begin a series of appearances that were part of the comeback plan. To make his image more accessible, he first signed some autographs that went to charity. On Saturday, October 25th, he was given the key to the city of Las Vegas at the Desert Passage Mall and three days later, he appeared on RADIO MUSIC AWARDS for the release of the charity single What More Can i Give.
The most exciting thing for Michael's fans was that he was also in Las Vegas to shoot a new video, which belonged to an unreleased theme to be included in a hit compilation set to be released on November 18, The Video Will Debut November 26, at the end of a CBS special. Soon Michael would embark on a promotional tour of Europe, Africa and South America.
Nick Brandt would be the director of the video (he has worked with Michael on Earth Song and Cry) The recording would be at CMX Studios. The concept of the video would be simple. In the video Michael would act under the set, and the audience would be who would occupy that place, although it has no correlation with the theme of the song, it has to do with Michael's life, which has always been invaded by the press.
In reality, Michael had to do a performance by contract, for CBS, so he looked for the easiest way to do a performance and something that would work too, like a video. So the camera would follow Michael at all times, to give the feeling of being LIVE, rather than cutting and showing different scenes.
Five cameras followed him at all times. The production was short on time, and on top of that, a tight budget. In fact, the team only had one day to rehearse with Michael. Michael performed in the studios, showed Nick what the choreography would be like, and where he would move, on the tables he would go up, so they were well lit, and that was all. It was a matter of three or four hours. Still, Michael knew what he was going to do, and he was no newcomer to this field. However, his manager at that time Dieter Wiesner, tells another story. Says Michael was not satisfied with the project, mainly because of the low budget.
He says that actually, Michael's idea wasn't completely “completed”, since he wanted something bigger. He also reports that when Michael saw the studio, he said it looked like the Smooth Criminal studio. But still, he did what he had to do. The dream of returning triumphant soon turned into a nightmare.
On Monday, November 17th, a group of extras waited in the waiting room of CMX Studios. They knew they were there to shoot a video and nothing else. Only when they signed the contractual papers did they see it said MICHAEL JACKSON - ONE MORE CHANCE - SONY PRODUCTIONS. However, he was told that he was not going to participate. First, a body double was used, which helped to prepare the cameras, lights and positions.
The extras were located on the stage, in rows. Some indicated that they would be in the foreground, looking surprised and smiling. It wasn't hard work.
Hours after filming begins, Michael appears through the back door. The extras remember that he appeared normally, just like that, almost unnoticed. Soon among the extras the comments started oh God, it's him, he's here, even though it was difficult to see because of the dark environment of the studio, it was obvious, Michael arrived. The extras say that they felt a special vibration when they saw him, that it was impossible not to get excited about it, without screaming, without getting emotional. The extras say that Michael let them express everything they felt, so that he could make the video recordings as professionally as possible.
Michael fired up his act immediately, started moving around the studio with his signature moves. Nobody was believing what they saw. Although it was informed that they would act acting surprised and emotional, the extras say that they really were. Everyone was aware that they were in the presence of the most spectacular star of all time, and he was dancing only to them, in perfect condition. Between scenes, Michael would start talking to the extras.
He asked them if they were comfortable, if they were hot. As he danced, he wrapped himself around himself, but soon, when he finished, he was an ordinary man again. He used to ask the extras if they liked the choreographies, and he even made jokes, even though his shy nature prevented him from approaching completely. The extras say that they “had the order” not to look him directly in the eye, due to his shyness.
Right after doing 5 or 6 scenes, Michael left the studio. He greeted the extras and the entire team, and left. Michael was due back another day to film the front scenes and close-ups. The intention was to first film the scenes with the audience, to save expenses, and another day, work only with Michael.
At the end of the video there was a very particular symbolism: He turning his back on his audience and the setting, would be a way to show his intentions to leave the music market and go in search of a new career. Also, this would be his last video for SONY MUSIC. In short, he was willing to turn his back on his old career, to embark on what would be his new career: CINEMA.
At 8:30 am the next day, Stuart Backerman and Marc Schaffel discussed Michael's trip to Europe, but were interrupted by a phone call from Joe Marcus, one of Neverland's security chiefs. At first they ignored him, but then Backerman's phone rang and they were told to pay attention to the television. And there they were, 70 policemen raiding the ranch. At that moment, they knew the dream was over, as they heard Diane Dimond say that new allegations of abuse were being raised against Michael. Michael was leaving behind Bashir's scandalous documentary and it was falling apart again.
In Las Vegas, Dieter Wiesner was the one who broke the news to Michael. He was calm, in a very good mood, thinking about the future, overcoming the depression he had because of Bashir, Michael was ready for new things. Weisner told him, “Michael, there's bad news, but you can look on the bright side: there are cops breaking into your house. He looked at me puzzled, if you could see the blood running down his face. But Michael, now is your opportunity to finally fight to clear your name.
The film crew members waited patients to see what would happen. The data from where they were filming had leaked to the press and was surrounded by press and fans. They waited all day to see if Michael would come back, and finally Michael warned that the project would not continue.
When Michael learned who the boy who accused him was, he was enveloped in sadness and disgust and that's when he decided to fight in court. It was incredible that again Sneedon stopped Michael from fulfilling his cinematic dreams, he did it in 1993 and repeated it 10 years later.
The movie business was the only one that escaped Michael, and it was what he most wanted. With One More Chance being his last job with Sony, Michael felt he was finally free to fight for that dream. Jackson spent most of the next few days crying, says Dieter Wiesner. ''I was with him day and night, he was downcast, crying. I did not know what to do. It was a horrible situation. I already knew we were going to Europe. He was prepared to get on with his life and everything was planned. It was a good time and the news shook him deeply, it destroyed him''.
You know, when it became obvious that the prosecution came from the Arvizos, it really started to fight, Wiesner said. Michael told me, ""Dieter, you know what, they should bring this boy to a big public place, invite all the press and he should look me in the eye and explain to me why he did it."
On October 13, 2010, the official website of Michael Jackson announced that the music video would be finished with what footage they had available, and was released in a deluxe DVD box set Michael Jackson's Vision on November 22, 2010.
A rough two-minute cut of the video leaked online on November 15, 2010. On November 19, 2010, the full length of the video premiered on Jackson's official website. As with the song being the last brand new single released during his lifetime, the music video is also Jackson's last music video and the first with new footage to be released posthumously.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 25 agosto 2021, 12:47

𝘑𝘌𝘕𝘕𝘠
@ThrillerGlitter

Michael Jackson's ‘Thriller’ album hits 34x Platinum.
Imagine the if they have worldwide certification, It's game over! That's the GOAT!

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 27 agosto 2021, 12:05

"When Michael Jackson beat our record, it was a disaster, nobody understood anything, we were the Beatles, nobody could get close to us. John Lennon was screaming asking ′′′ How did a 12 year old boy do what no other artist could do?!".We were unbeatable, but when Michael beat our record everything changed, soon my reaction was one of fear... If at only 12 years old he did what no other artist in the world would do, imagine when he grew up, he was going to be the scandal on the music stage."
#PaulMcCartney, in the Times Magazines interview

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 2 settembre 2021, 8:57

Besides his epic run of concerts and an on-again off-again pop comeback record, #MichaelJackson was allegedly working on something else at the time of his death, an album of classical music.
Composer David Michael Frank claims he was approached about the project about two months ago. He and Michael Jackson had met in 1989, working on a TV tribute to Sammy Davis Jr. Two decades later, the star invited Frank to his home in Los Angeles's Holmby Hills. They discussed classical music, Frank says he was "impressed" by Michael Jackson's knowledge, and then the singer showed him "two demos of two pieces he'd written". Neither composition was complete.
David Michael Frank : I received a call from Michael Jackson’s longtime personal recording engineer, Michael Prince, who told me Michael was looking for someone to arrange some music for orchestra. I thought it was going to be for the tour he was going to do. For the next month or two, he would call, saying, ‘Michael Jackson says he’s going to call you.’
At the end of April, another Michael, Michael Jackson’s personal assistant, called me and asked me to come the next day at 10 a.m. and asked me the make and model of my car. I drove to the Holmby Hills home. I drove up to the front door, and was met by an assistant who told me to go inside. I was met there by a woman dressed like a housekeeper, but with a white turban on her head. She said, ‘Michael Jackson will be with you shortly.’ About two minutes later, he came down the stairs.
He was very skinny, but not the least bit frail. He was wearing a suit and a hat. He was going to rehearsal later for the tour. He said, ‘You look familiar.’ I told him a long time ago I worked on a TV tribute to Sammy Davis, Jr. at Shrine Auditorium [that he had participated in]. I told him I had met him briefly there.’ He said, ‘I never forget a face.’
"For one of them, he had a whole section of it done in his head," Frank told Billboard yesterday. "He had not recorded it. He hummed it to me as I sat at the keyboard in his pool house and we figured out the chords, I guess this recording I made is the only copy that exists of this music."
Michael Jackson asked Frank to work on orchestral arrangements of the pieces.
He told me, ‘I have three projects going on simultaneously.’ One was the tour that the whole world knew about. The other two I believe no one knew about. One was to be an album of pop songs. Then he said, ‘The other one is that I want to record an album of classical music’, what he called classical music.
He said he listened to …classical music all the time; it was his absolute favorite. I was impressed with the pieces he mentioned: Aaron Copland’s Rodeo, Fanfare for the Common Man and Lincoln Portrait; Leonard Bernstein’s West Side Story. I mentioned Bernstein’s On the Waterfront. Then Michael mentioned that he loved Elmer Bernstein’s film music, too, and he specifically mentioned To Kill a Mockingbird.
I realized that almost all the classical pieces he mentioned are childlike, very simple and pretty, like Prokofiev’s Peter and the Wolf and Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker Suite. He also mentioned Debussy several times, specifically Arabesque No. 1 and Clair de lune. He was very soft-spoken when were talking about music, but when he got animated about something, he was very changed. When he mentioned how he loved Elmer Bernstein, and I said I liked the Magnificent Seven score, Michael started singing the theme very loudly, almost screaming it.
He said, ‘I’m making a CD.’ Then his son, Prince Michael, came in, and Michael asked him to find a CD player. Paris found one and brought it in with Prince. Michael played the CD. It was very pretty music. He said, ‘But a section is missing.’ He played a second piece. And he said, ‘But a section is missing, too. But I can hum it to you.’ I asked if there was a piano in the house, and he said there was one in the pool house. We headed out there, but Michael stopped when he saw the dog was outside, soaking wet from being in the pool. He didn’t want us to get splattered. It was kind of funny. Michael got another assistant to hold the dog while we went to his pool house.
I sat at the piano and Michael hummed the missing part of one of the pieces. I had taken a little digital recorder with me and asked if I could record him. He was in perfect pitch. I tried to figure out chords to go with it as he hummed. He said, ‘Your instincts are totally right about the chords.’
We talked about classical music some more. I played some Debussy pieces. Michael seemed very happy and I think he felt very comfortable with me. He mentioned Leonard Bernstein again, and I played some of West Side Story. He told me he had met Bernstein once and that Bernstein had said he was a big fan of Michael’s.
Back in the house, whenever he’d go from room to room, you’d hear, ‘I love you, Daddy.’ ‘I love you, Paris.’ They all seemed pretty normal and happy.
Michael was very anxious to get the pieces orchestrated and record the music with a big orchestra. I suggested we record it at the Fox, Sony or Warner Brothers lot. I asked if he could have someone call me to discuss the budget and he said he would take care of it. When I left there were several fans outside the gate.
Later I talked to Michael on the phone. He asked me how the project was going and I said I was waiting to hear from someone so we could set the deal. I suggested we could record the music in London while he was doing the show there. He liked the idea. He again brought up Arabesque.
I laid the music all out on my computer and started on the orchestrations. Finally, a week before Michael died, his manager, Frank Dileo, called and asked me for an email with the budget and an electronic mock-up of the music, the costs of orchestration.
Now I have no idea what’s going to happen with this. I’m hoping the family will do something to get this done. I will not bring it up with them until after what I think is an appropriate time.
My guess is that each piece would be seven to ten minutes long. [Each one] is more substantial than a song. It’s very pretty music. One piece had an Irish quality about it. I suggested that we could use a Celtic harp. The pieces sound like pretty film score music, with very traditional harmony, and definitely very strong melodies. One of them was a little John Barry-ish, like in Out of Africa, that kind of John Barry score. I could hear [in my head] sweeping strings and French horns in unison.
I told Michael I was going to use one of Leonard Bernstein’s batons I had bought at auction when we did the recording. I knew he would have gotten a big kick out of that. I guess I still will use that baton if I ever get to conduct the music.
At the time of their meeting, Michael Jackson appeared in good health. "He seemed totally healthy, not frail, and gave me a firm handshake when we met," Frank said. " Michael had a good voice and was in good spirits. He was very skinny, but from what I knew, he was always thin. He was also taller than I pictured, but he might have been wearing some platform shoes. And he was impeccably dressed."
The composer did not see Michael Jackson again, though he received a call a few weeks ago to see how the arrangements were progressing. "He mentioned more instrumental music of his he wanted to record, including one jazz piece," Frank said. "I hope one day his family will decide to record this music as a tribute and show the world the depth of his artistry."
Source : David Michael Frank ( 2009 )

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 2 settembre 2021, 22:19

''Michael spent three days at the Weserstadion. He was a perfectionist. And a great leader. Touring with him was an amazing experience. But the rehearsals were very difficult! As a concert dancer in the first place, I'm used to tough rehearsals. But it was more than that. In a rehearsal, we would repeat the entire show two or three times. Michael's thinking behind this was that if we can do it three times a day, once a day is nothing. I learned from him that you have to pay attention to detail and give your audience as much as possible.'' LaVelle Smith Jr.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 3 settembre 2021, 8:50

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 7 settembre 2021, 21:05

“#MichaelJackson's dedication to his art was unique. During the recordings of the albums, which sometimes lasted for months, he rarely rested. He worked on the lyrics all the time. Michael was so professional, he was so amazing to work with. When he arrives at the studio to record the vocal part, he usually has the lyrics and melody memorized. Michael was polite and adorable. So he would say, 'Can I hear a little more of the piano in the headphones, please?' And then he gave thanks. The music industry is a place where you don't hear those words much. That is the reason why I totally respect Michael, and for all his musical quality." #BruceSwedien

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 8 settembre 2021, 9:29

′′ The reason Michael Jackson loves kids so much is because they see him as a human and not an ATM "...
-Phil Collins-

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 9 settembre 2021, 21:46

"Man in the Mirror has really become an anthem for Michael...I´m not gonna say that Michael was Jesus Christ, but if you look at that performance, he´s somewhere else, at least now from the Wembley show - that´s his greatest performance ever -ever, ever, ever, ever. And you see the way that Michael sang that song - he´s not of this world, he´s on another level, he´s somewhere else." #SpikeLee

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 11 settembre 2021, 17:24

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 12 settembre 2021, 11:05

"Michael will never lose the quality that separates the merely sentimental from the truly heartfelt. It’s rooted in the blues, and
no matter what genre Michael is singing, that boy’s got the blues." #MarvinGaye

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 settembre 2021, 9:17

Testimony by Harry Benson.
'I met Michael on a hillside in Colorado in 1984. He was on the famous Victory Tour with his brothers. Michael was the first to come running to help when I slipped up a steep muddy hill. I was fine but my glasses got covered in mud. This was the first time Michael had taken a liking to one of my brown tweed Scottish sports jackets, so I took it off and gave it to him.
Immagine
He seemed satisfied with my gesture and immediately put it on, threw both arms and twirled around in the sunlight while I photographed him running and jumping. On stage that night, he gleamed with sequins. I flew back to New York with the photographs. The Victory Tour dynamic was maintained, so I met Michael in Philadelphia for more pictures. The same thing happened again. This time it was a gray tweed Harris jacket. I saw him looking intently at the tweed colors. They seemed to fascinate him, so I gave him my coat again. Some time later, it was fun to see a video showing Michael actually wearing the jacket, running towards a limo, surrounded by fans. In 1985 I photographed Michael on the night of the recording session for We Are the World in Los Angeles, designed to raise money for starving children in Africa. Quincy Jones put up a sign that read: Leave Your Ego At The Door, and the 45 stars who participated did just that. The artist known as Prince kept calling to say he was thinking of coming. Quincy told him to hurry up, as he had started work. I heard Michael say, 'Prince will never come while I'm here.' When Prince called again, Quincy told him not to worry, it was all over. On the first date Michael seemed shy.
Immagine
He spoke softly, with that timbre that the whole world knows, but interestingly after about 10 minutes his tone deepened, although he still spoke very softly. I think a lot of powerful people, the heads of state and such, speak very softly. They don't have to scream at get their attention. Try listening to what they say for the first time, they don't like to repeat it. Michael was like that. An hour later, when we met again, it was like starting over, the quiet voice, which turned into something deeper, after about 10 minutes. When I saw Michael in 1995, again my tweed coat was coveted, so again I gave it to him.
He used it for the photographs with wife Lisa Marie Presley. In 1997, I visited Neverland for Micha's photography el with his eldest son, Prince Michael. While he was feeding Prince, the baby's face was covered with food. Michael joked, "Oh, it's time for Linda Blair…" referring to the actress from the movie The Exorcist. The baby was happy and laughing. Later, we walked up the stairs with Prince to his room, where Michael gave him a bottle and held him until he slept, singing a few songs to him, something like Daddy's baby. Michael told me that Prince inspired him to write more songs than he had written at any other time in his life. The next day Michael took me to the rehearsal studio where he perfected the moonwalk. He told me he often took Prince there to watch him practice in front of the mirrored wall and said they would dance together one day. I was convinced this was going to be the next act. Prince kept playing with a microphone and watching his father's every move. Michael told me the moonwalk was very easy to do. "That's it, Harry, and pull your foot back." Needless to say, I wasn't stupid enough to try. Standing outside his room was a figure of a wax soldier from the Queen's Guard. The room itself was quite dark and plain, in shades of beige and brown, and, to be honest, a little depressing. Adjacent to the bed was a huge red chair, elegantly ornamented in gold. Above the mahogany canopy was a painting of a blond Jesus. Michael was easy to work with and happily showed me around his house.
Immagine
All photos were taken quickly. That's the thing people forget - you have to work quickly so the subject doesn't get boring. When Michael asked what I wanted him to wear, I said, "Just be yourself. Wear whatever you feel comfortable with." One could see how Neverland took Michael away from all his worries and transported him out of the reality of his stressful life. He had everything he wanted there. I get the impression that Michael wasn't a recluse. He read the newspapers and kept up with the news.
Immagine
He once asked me what I thought of the Reagans, who were in the White House at the time. He was also curious to know what Russian author Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn was like, Michael had seen the photo I took of him. Michael made a point of knowing who was who, while all the while those sad eyes were searching, looking intently at me. Occasionally he would laugh, but for the most part he was just looking. Although I wasn't close to Michael, we were friendly and respectful to each other, and that's really all you want, someone who lets you do your job. I will miss him. We're all going to miss his immense talent.'
Harry Benson, photographer.
Harry James Benson, CBE, born in Glasgow, Scotland, is an internationally renowned photographer. Photographs of him have appeared in numerous publications, including Life, Vanity Fair, People and The New Yorker.
Source: http://mjjfanalenda.com
Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 settembre 2021, 12:37

" Michael is an inovator, " states Peters, who has seen the superstar grow up from his teenage years." I think you can tell that from the kinds of things he's done in the past couple of years. He likes to be first and do things that no else has. That is his playtime. That's one of the reasons we're all in the business...we get to play and fantasize, make all our fantasies reality and vice versa
"He is that wonderful dichotomy of man-child. On the other hand, he's very naive and cushioned to the world, and on the other hand he's an incredible business person and diplomat. He loves to play, which is really quite nice." #MichaelPeters, choreographer

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 14 settembre 2021, 8:39

https://www.wmagazine.com/culture/madon ... el-jackson

Immagine

Madonna Opens the VMAs With a Shady Michael Jackson Tribute
by Kyle Munzenrieder

Madonna seems to have a standing invitation to MTV’s Video Music Awards. After making a surprise appearance to close out the 2018 VMAs, she showed up unannounced at the 2021 VMAs to instead open the show. If you found the moment just a little bit awkward, well, maybe that was on purpose. She was referencing (perhaps in homage, or perhaps as a bit of shade) one of the most awkward moments in VMA history: when Michael Jackson similarly made a surprise appearance to open the 1994 edition of the VMAs. Yes, it’s a reference older than most of the night’s nominees.

Back in 1994, Jackson was married to Lisa Marie Presley, daughter of Elvis, for only a few months. Neither the tabloid press nor much of the public really understood the union, and Jackson and Presely opened that year’s VMAs hand-in-hand. After a minute of silence, and then a welcome given to the audience, Jackson said, “and just think, nobody thought this would last,” while motioning to Presley. The two shared a very public make out session before walking off stage with no further word. The pair would be separated by the end of 1995.

Madonna decided to recreate the moment in her own fashion, though we suppose she meant MTV was the Presley to her Jackson. She, too, quickly walked off with little further comment.

To be quite honest, it is an iconic moment in VMAs history, though one MTV itself doesn’t quite celebrate. Of course, leave it to Madonna to bring it up on the edition of the VMAs that also celebrates the channel’s 40th anniversary. Between Jackson and Madonna, MTV as we know it wouldn’t exist. It’s fitting, we guess, that their legacies would intersect, even in such an awkward fashion, this year.

https://youtu.be/wQayLvfcTwQ

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 15 settembre 2021, 8:40

.September 14, 2007. #MichaelJackson met Rushka Bergman fashion editor at Uomo Vogue and Vogue Italia, stylist, artist and designer in New York at the Four Sesons Hotel.
"I had been looking for contact with Michael for seven days and finally sent an email to his attorney. I didn't even know if the e-mail address was correct. But my phone rang and the voice said. "I'm Michael Jackson's lawyer, from Washington DC". I could see myself there. And then he added, "Mr. Jackson has agreed to be on the cover of Vogue magazine". So I said, "Please, could you please confirm that again, so that I can be sure that it's the truth," because I couldn't believe that it was the truth. And I hear, "Absolutely." I didn't even wait five minutes between sending the email and getting confirmation of the Vogue cover with Michael Jackson, then my life was turned upside down.
I learned that when we did the photo shoot with Bruce Weber, that was almost 1000 clothing accessories from 66 designers around the world, and that was okay. The sequin jacket he was wearing weighed eight kilos! The next day, Michael called my boss and asked if I would be his personal stylist. And then Michael also called me and said, "Where are you?" I replied that I was at home preparing for the next day's photo shoot. He then informed me, "I cancelled the photo shoot. I'll pick you up. We are going to Las Vegas!
I never left the house. I stayed there, He had chosen me. When he died, I cried for days. I needed to cry to calm myself. I thought, "Why did he die? Why did you die?" I still think in some ways he's still here. I was in that chair when he died. I almost died too. We were picking out shoes while my cousin texted me, "Rushka, I don't know where you are, but can you please watch the news today? Something is wrong with Michael Jackson." In the same second after that text, someone else said to me, "Honey, where are you? Should I come to the studio? When I asked why, I was told, "Something's wrong." Next, my youngest sister asked me, Rushka, are you there? Are you in the studio? I have to tell you some bad news. I don't know if it's true, but your friend Michael Jackson has passed away. I got a big shiver down my spine. I thought, this can't be true! Everyone came to me, I was on the floor screaming. I couldn't even believe it was real. I thought it was all made up. Can you imagine? I was preparing Michael's shoes with Jonathan, my assistant. Michael was in charge of absolutely everything, if he said, "I want it this way" then he got it. He was a genius, a pure genius.
Michael Jackson was an avant-garde music virtuoso, dancer and fashion icon. He was the most daring master. His originality and richness have defined music from the 1980s to today. At the same time, he was a good father and a true humanitarian. His heart was bigger than the planet - bigger even than the galaxy. His gentle and spiritual nature made him one of the greatest people who will ever walk this earth. The more I got to know him, the more I loved him, it was magical. He was so beautiful, he had the strength of love. I miss him very much and I will never forget him. He will remain in my heart and his music will live with us. As we used to say "love forever!".
By Rushka Bergman.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 settembre 2021, 20:36

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 settembre 2021, 21:56

“I was overwhelmed by the death of Michael Jackson. I couldn’t stop crying. My eyes still swell with tears at the thought of him being deceased. Having met Michael at a very young age (I believe he was about nine when I first met him in Chicago), I felt connected even though it had been years since I last saw him up close and personal.
I remember looking into his innocent eyes and I said to his mother
as I held his hands . . . ‘he has such angelic eyes – I could swear that I’m looking into the eyes of an angel’.
The world lost one precious soul when Michael Jackson died, but
I can’t help but think that our loss was God’s gain. I cried myself to sleep the first night of his passing, and I talked to God through heavy tears saying . . . You told him (MJ), ‘well done my son, you’ve done what I put you on earth to do, now it’s time for you to rest and come home to live with Me. You’ve worked hard most of your life since you were five years old, and now it’s your turn to come home and rest.’
I couldn’t believe Michael was dead, even though in my mind I was aware that it was a reality, and had actually happened. I cried for him, his children, his mom and his entire family. I had to leave a meeting that I was attending when I received a text message from my son, Ricky, saying .. . “mom, Michael Jackson has passed away –yes he did, Mom. I’m sorry.” Ricky knew how much I loved him and he understood my overwhelming sadness. Then, I had to take a day off work on the day of his funeral. I just sat on my couch watching the home going services on tv, in my family room at home with a box of Kleenex and a glass of wine. It pleases me very much to see how much love Michael had for others and the great love that people/fans in America and around the world have for him. All I can say is - long live the King of Pop. Michael Jackson’s music will go on forever, into infinity. “
Call Gill Street, singer in The Velvelettes

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 settembre 2021, 9:13

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 settembre 2021, 9:31

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 23 settembre 2021, 9:10

andjustice4some Retweeted
Missy Elliott
@MissyElliott

MJ pure sales alone… but His impact will be remembered when we are no longer here

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 23 settembre 2021, 22:08

"Michael was an angel who dropped to earth and tried to do the best he could with the life that came his way. The Michael I knew, and will always remember, was a wonderful person with a beautiful personality and the biggest of hearts." Lionel Richie talking about Michael.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 27 settembre 2021, 12:13

King Of Pop On Spotify
@MJJSpotify2015

YOUTUBE UPDATE!

the King Of Pop has surpassed 11 Billion views on his OFFICIAL CHANNEL. That's more than #Drake, #TheBeatles, #Queen, #PostMalone, and more. #MichaelJackson #KingOfPop #MJFam

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 2 ottobre 2021, 21:21

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 3 ottobre 2021, 8:41

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 6 ottobre 2021, 9:38

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment ... -interview

Michael Jackson ‘so generous and patient’ working in the studio – ‘Encouraging and sweet’
MICHAEL JACKSON was "so generous and patient" when working in the studio on Thriller, Bad and Dangerous, shares songwriting collaborator Glen Ballard in an exclusive interview with Express.co.uk.
By GEORGE SIMPSON
10:19, Tue, Oct 5, 2021 |

Michael Jackson collaborator Glen Ballard famously worked on the King of Pop’s studio albums Thriller, Bad and Dangerous, most notably co-writing Man in the Mirror. And now the lyricist and record producer has shared his studio memories of the late star. It all began when Glen was given his big break on Thriller by Quincy Jones and Rod Temperton.
Glen, who was promoting Back to the Future the Musical which he wrote the lyrics and music with Alan Silvestri, shared: “I was just a young songwriter and they liked my songs. Somehow I got involved with them on a George Benson record in 1980 called Give Me the Night.

“I did work on Thriller. I wrote a song for Thriller that didn’t make the album and actually Michael and I did a little demo of it in the studio at Westlake.
“And the next week Michael Jackson came in with two new songs. One was called Billie Jean and the other was called Beat It.

“So they knocked my little song right off the record. But, you know, I never complained because the two songs that knocked it off were so much better!”
Immagine
Nevertheless, Glen stuck around for Jackson’s 1987 album Bad and was fortunate to get a Billboard No 1 hit with Man in the Mirror.

The 68-year-old said: “It’s one of the great weeks of my life to have Michael and the choir and we all felt something special was happening on that record.

“I was just lucky to have been there and to have worked with Quincy. I worked as a staff producer with him for three years.

“I was working with the greatest musicians, the greatest singers, the best studios. It was like a dream come true for me.”
Glen added: “I don’t think I slept for about a decade because I was so happy to be working y’know.”

On being with Jackson in the studio, he shared: “Michael was so generous with his time and with his patience.

“Making records in the eighties was much more difficult. To get enough tracks we had to do all kinds of things to make it like a modern thing where you had unlimited tracks.

“Michael was always patient. He was just a sweet presence always and always encouraging.”

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 7 ottobre 2021, 8:55

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 ottobre 2021, 9:59

Michael Jackson Charts
@MJJCharts

Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' has now sold an estimated 150,000 pure copies in the US in 2021 alone.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 14 ottobre 2021, 8:26

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 16 ottobre 2021, 22:02

Immagine

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 17 ottobre 2021, 9:38

Dan It Cuts...Like
@K_N_Ife

The fact that he got the Indigenous American dance troop ( this was their first break but award winning now) the highest paid rate for any kind of back up dancers ever at the time because they used their authentic traditional dress? The thoughtfulness!

Rispondi