Leaving Neverland

Michael Jackson's news in English. Your updated reference for Michael Jackson's news in English language from all around the world. Rumors, gossip and true facts. And a lot of Michael Jackson's beautiful pictures.
soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Re: Leaving Neverland

Messaggio da soulmum » 1 settembre 2019, 20:40

https://themichaeljacksonallegations.co ... ual-abuse/

Leaving Neverland’s Disturbing Narrative About the Nature of Child Sexual Abuse
Posted on September 1, 2019 by jacksonallegations
Leaving Neverland‘s portrayal of the nature of alleged child sexual abuse is disturbing, to say the least. When you pay close attention to it, you will realize that it portrays alleged child sexual abuse as some kind of romantic-erotic relationship, a “love story”. You don’t believe me? Well, let’s see some quotes from the film and then also from director, Dan Reed from the media-tour surrounding the film’s promotion.

In the film we are led to believe that two boys at the age of 7 and 10 respectively, did not just put up with with being sexually abused by an adult man, but even anticipated and desired “the sex” themselves!

Accuser Wade Robson says that at the age of 7 he could not wait to get back to the USA from Australia to meet Michael Jackson again because he anticipated the “sex” with him:

“Los Angeles was Michael Jackson for me. And just being so excited to be back in what felt like, already, home, like, where I’m supposed to be, here and with him. Also, anticipating the physical contact again. The sexual contact, because that had become so intertwined with what our relationship was and what our love was.” [1]

In another scene we see director, Dan Reed correct Robson when Robson says he went back to Australia as “Michael Jackson’s best friend”. That was not good enough for Reed:

“Wade Robson: You know, I left Australia as this young fan of Michael Jackson. And came back Michael Jackson’s best friend.

Dan Reed: And his lover.

Wade Robson: Yeah. And his lover.” [1]

Now, it is rather remarkable that Reed felt the need to correct it and the correction wasn’t “and his victim”, but it was “and his lover”. And Robson did not have any problem with going along with it.

Accuser James Safechuck also goes out of his way to emphasize how he was attracted to Michael Jackson. In a scene where audio clips of a mock interview between Jackson and Safechuck are played, Safechuck makes sure to plant an idea in the audience’s mind:

“And it’s hard to listen to. You can hear, like, the infatuation, and, and how much I was attracted to him, and then also, his like, reeling his attraction to you, for like making you feel special.” [1]

Safechuck’s remark is manipulative. The interview is completely innocent and there is no “attraction” heard in either participant’s voice. The interview was also made before any alleged sexual contact happened, so the suggestion here basically is that Safechuck was attracted to Jackson on his own, even before Jackson corrupted him with the alleged sexual abuse.

Then, in this context, it becomes even more weird when we hear the story of how they began to sleep in the same bed. According to Safechuck, who at this point already let the audience know that that he was attracted to Michael Jackson, here is what happened:

“I remember we would fall asleep together, and then when I wake up, he would be in another room. And I would be hurt that he was in another room, and so I’d ask him to stay.” [1]

And in the film Safechuck tells about alleged graphic sexual acts with a smirk on his face:

Immagine

It is important to note that neither Robson or Safechuck are gay or even bisexual. But we are to believe that at that at the age of 7 and 10 these two heterosexual boys were not only not bothered by the alleged sexual abuse (which included oral and anal sex), but were “in love” with and sexually desiring an adult man. Both of them. Supposedly they sexually desired another man as children, but they never had the same desires later on. Supposedly until they were well into their adulthood they thought sex between two males was the ultimate expression of love, yet they never chased that “love” after Jackson with anyone else. (Note: If you wonder how do they both came up with this same narrative, know that both of them are represented by the same law firm.)

The “love story”/”boys desire sex with adults” narrative of Leaving Neverland is something that the infamous pedophilia advocacy organization NAMBLA (North-American Man-Boy Love Association) also promotes. They are the ones arguing that boys feel sexual desire for adult men and that sexual relationships between men and children aren’t really harmful or traumatic, it is only the stigma and and the secrecy surrounding it that traumatizes people. Keep this in mind while you are reading the following comment from Leaving Neverland director, Dan Reed that he made in an interview during the promotional campaign of the film:

“The damage and the pain of the abuse is much more subtle than that. For them the sexual abuse at the time was not traumatic. They say it in the film that it was pleasurable, a loving, gentle, caring experience. Child sexual abuse is a criminal act, we know that. It’s not like they are remembering something that really upset them at the time. The psychological consequences play out during adulthood because your life is built on a lie, your childhood is built on a lie. You have to lie to everyone: your mother, your father, your sister, your brother. And that takes a toll. This is not somebody remembering being raped or someone attempting to murder them or someone killing someone close to them. It’s not that kind of trauma. People have to take that on board. People still don’t understand, even when they watch my film they still haven’t fully taken it on board. That’s why Wade was more upset when he recounted the impact on his family. That’s trauma. That’s stuff that he experiences as a bad thing. The remembering of it is upsetting. But for these guys, this is what conflicts them so much, this is what they grappling with. Remembering the abuse is this weird mix of the hindsight that this was abuse and someone taking advantage of them when they were children, but also the print memory of that moment of how good it felt. And that’s the headfuck.” [2]

In an interview with the Los Angeles Times in January 2019, Reed said that Wade Robson had “a fulfilling sexual and emotional relationship” with Jackson at the age of 7!

“When Wade told me that he loved Michael, then everything suddenly crystallized and made sense. This is difficult to say, but he had a fulfilling sexual and emotional relationship at the age of 7 with a 30-year-old man who happened to be the King of Pop. And because he enjoyed it, he loved Michael, and the sex was pleasant. I’m sorry, that’s just the reality.” [3]

In an interview with the Huffington Post in February 2019, Reed said:

“Yeah, I think the two big things that people don’t understand about child sexual abuse: One, they don’t realize that not always but oftentimes the relationship mirrors an adult relationship in terms of [being] a love relationship. The child falls in love with his abuser. And they form a very close emotional attachment that has many dimensions. The abuser is a mentor; a father figure, as Michael was; a dazzling supernova of talent, as Michael was; and a sexual partner. And the child falls in love with that and all those good things. There are many good things about Michael.” [4]

In other interviews Reed made it clear that to him the really upsetting thing about his protagonists’ story was not the alleged sexual acts, but that Jackson supposedly left and dumped Safechuck and that supposedly he “cheated on him” with other boys. Regarding Safechuck’s claim of having a mock wedding with Jackson, Reed said to Rolling Stone:

“It was in the context of a very intense, loving relationship. And the wedding was a token of Michael’s love and how they were going to be together forever. To me that’s repugnant, because obviously Michael had no intention of being with James forever and probably had slept with many other boys. We know he did. We know he slept with Wade while he was seeing James.” [5]

The “cruelest cut” for Reed is when Jackson supposedly dropped Safechuck for another boy. An interview with him in the Cosmopolitan in March 2019 states:

“Arguably the most harrowing part of the film is how – after intense, adult relationships with Michael Jackson – both Wade and James were dropped for other children.

“The emotional manipulation was certainly harder to hear,” Reed ruminated.

“When James is on the sofa – I think he was in Chicago, and Michael and another boy go upstairs and James understands that he’s been replaced in Jackson’s affections, and he’s lying on the sofa, and he’s crying for his mum and he wants to go home…

“The brutality of that, the brutality of getting a child to fall in love with you and dazzling the child and grooming the whole family in… Being told you’re going to be the next Steve Spielberg, having this intense sexual relationship with a little child, the mind-blowingness for a child and dropping them for me seemed like the cruelest cut.” [6]

Reed went into this even more in an interview with the BBC in February 2019:

“Back to the question of what I found really upsetting is when James is talking about – I think he was in Chicago – and Michael goes off to bed with another little boy. And James ends up on the sofa and he’s crying and he’s crying for his mom and he’s desperately upset and feels discarded. I thought just the cruelty of that, to a little child, you get… you know, you seduce a little boy, it’s his first sexual experience, you know, he’s 10, and you fill his head with dreams, you’re gonna be the next Steven Spielberg, you’re gonna be amazing, you and I, you know, and… Neverland, and you have a wedding.

There is a wedding, yeah. And you exchange rings and you take him on tour, he’s dancing on stage with you, and he’s sharing all of his stardom and suddenly ‘biff!’, you’re on the couch and then the next day it’s like ‘here’s a plane ticket, go home’. And I thought that was incredibly callous, you know. I mean he did continue seeing James now and then again after that, but that sort of intense, close relationship that they had, the couple relationship with them, like a married relationship as James describes it, was over, and that’s heartbreaking. I really felt for James, in a way more than… I was more outraged by that than by the details of the sexual abuse.” [7]

If you think Jackson sexually abused these boys, should not be you glad for James when his alleged sexual abuse finally ended and be worried for that other boy? (By the way, the other boy in the story is Brett Barnes who always denied sexual abuse.) Instead Reed makes Barnes out to be a subject of envy and is outraged for James because Jackson did not take his alleged “wedding vow” with him seriously and dropped him as an alleged “sexual partner”. Reed states that this outraged him more than the details of the alleged sexual abuse. Let that sink in!

Echoes of a pedophilia apologist
In this video we lay out the similarities in Robson and Safechuck’s allegations to a 1996 book entitled “Michael Jackson Was My Lover”:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... b5UVMwTC5g

It is that book that portrays Jackson’s alleged relationship with his 1993 accuser, Jordan Chandler as a romantic, mutual “love story”. Several elements of it found their way to Robson and Safechuck’s allegations. The “love story” angle served them well in their lawsuit where they needed to explain why they are coming up with these allegations now, many years after Jackson’s death, and not earlier, for example when Jackson was on a criminal trial in 2005 and when both men were already adults.

In Gutierrez’s book the boys who were around Jackson are described as little “lovers” of Jackson, who were jealous of each other and who enjoyed and were looking forward to having sex with Jackson. Gutierrez writes that sometimes Jordan initiated sex with Jackson and declares “Jordie and other children actually wanted to have sex with Jackson“ [8; page 124]. Isn’t that very similar to Robson and Safechuck’s narrative of them supposedly anticipating “sex” with Jackson?

But here’s the thing: whether Robson and Safechuck are aware of it or they think that book is a genuine account of Jordan Chandler’s relationship with Jackson that they could model their allegations after, the reality is that Gutierrez’s book is fiction. Jordan Chandler and his family distanced themselves from it, and in reality Jordan Chandler never claimed to have been “in love with” Michael Jackson.

The book’s author, Victor Gutierrez had his own agenda in portraying the relationship as a “love story”: his book unashamedly advocates pedophilia and NAMBLA talking points and uses the “love story” portrayed in the book to underline those points. He writes:

“The cliché of pedophiles as old men who kidnap children in sacks is as erroneous as thinking that all homosexual men attack other male pedestrians on the street. Psychiatrists report that there are pedophile rapists and murderers, just as there are homosexuals and heterosexuals who commit these crimes. These same experts indicate that sexual relations between adults and minors are sometimes loving and do not have a negative effect on the youngster’s life. What better example than Jordie? He was more harshly affected by the legal procedures associated with his case than by his relationship with Jackson.” [8; page 208]

In the Author’s Note at the end of his book Gutierrez thanks NAMBLA, and in the book he also goes into a lengthy apology for NAMBLA and pedophilia using the made up “romance” between Jackson, Jordan Chandler and other boys as justification. He quotes a NAMBLA magazine stating “The North American Men Boy Love Association (“NAMBLA”) is a group that approves of consentual (sic) sexual relations between men and boys. NAMBLA is pleased that the topic of pedophilia has attracted so much attention through such a famous personage as Michael Jackson”. [8; page 210]

Gutierrez then goes into a lengthy, historical apology for pedophilia stating that “[h]istorians report that the topic of pedophilia is not new” and then listing examples of societies in history where pedophilia supposedly was considered normal. He then also lists a number of important historical figures and artists who were or suspected of being pedophiles [8; page 211].

(We write about Gutierrez, his book and its resemblance to the Robson/Safechuck allegations elsewhere: here about Gutierrez and his role in shaping the allegations against Jackson; and here about the Gutierrez-esque echoes in Leaving Neverland.)

Sources:

[1] Leaving Neverland documentary
[2] Joshua Encinias – ‘Leaving Neverland’ Director Dan Reed on Refuting Michael Jackson Defenders, the Psychology of Child Sexual Abuse, and a Potential Sequel (March 17, 2019)
https://thefilmstage.com/features/leavi ... al-sequel/
[3] Amy Kaufman – ‘Leaving Neverland’ director talks Michael Jackson sexual abuse accusations and potential fallout (January 25, 2019)
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/m ... story.html
[4] Matthew Jacobs – Inside ‘Leaving Neverland,’ The Film Detailing Michael Jackson’s Alleged Child Abuse (February 17, 2019)
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/leaving- ... f9be689ab0
[5] Stephen Garrett – ‘Leaving Neverland’ Director Dan Reed Talks Michael Jackson Allegations, #MeToo (January 29, 2019)
https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/mov ... iew-785817
[6] Naomi Gordon – Leaving Neverland: 7 questions we have after the distressing documentary (March 6, 2019)
https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/reports ... cumentary/
[7] Dan Reed on Leaving Neverland (February 25, 2019)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p071ljxr
[8] Victor Gutierrez – Michael Jackson Was My Lover (Alamo Square Dist Inc, 1996)

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 2 settembre 2019, 11:24

ThePalePrinceOfPeculiarity
@JanaElena27
So this is the guy who routinely paid media folks to spread vile rumors about #MichaelJackson, filling our heads with all this crap about MJ and making sure we got an absolutely distorted image of him in our minds.
Meanwhile this was going on.
Can‘t wait to see #Untouchable.

Harvey Wainstein documentary aired on BBC 2 last night.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 2 settembre 2019, 21:55

https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sr0ear

KerryWard · @DrFallAgainMJ
2nd Sep 2019 from TwitLonger

Why the #HarveyWeinstein PR machine MUST be stopped! #Untouchable
So, last night I watched Untouchable – The Rise & Fall of Harvey Weinstein and after seeing the whole documentary, everything slotted into place. I can now say with 100% confidence, that Leaving Neverland and the mass media “Michael Jackson is guilty” agenda was a cleverly orchestrated plan to smear Michael and therefore divert attention away from the crimes of Harvey Weinstein.

In fact; I will go so far as to say it was a clear attempt to distract from the whole issue of sexual abuse in Hollywood, completely.

Here are some interesting points from the documentary, which I feel should be mentioned:

1. Many of Harvey's victims spoke during the documentary. Two of them, including a blind actress had been raped by Harvey. One had been forcibly given oral sex by Harvey before he masturbated in front of her. Another had been told by a half-naked Harvey to stand in front of the bathroom mirror, while he masturbated behind her.

2. Every single victim showed obvious signs of trauma while they recounted their horrific experiences. In a stark contrast to Leaving Neverland; there were tears, shaking, trembling, fear and not a single bit of laughter among any of the victims.

3. Harvey Weinstein's MO was to either ask for a massage or simply ask to see said actress alone in his hotel room. If the women refused; it was the end of their career. One victim was told “I can make your career or I can break your career. Now show me your breasts.

4. Harvey Weinstein would often throw lavish parties and give gifts to organisers of any awards. Including the Academy Awards and the Emmys. Wonder why Leaving Neverland was nominated and “Untouchable” wasn't? There's your answer!

5. Many in Harvey Weinstein's employ knew what was going on. Some simply thought it was women sleeping with Harvey in order to get ahead in Hollywood. However; when victims made a complaint, employees were made to sign non-disclosure agreements in order to stop his behaviour from getting out into the public eye.

6. Harvey Weinstein paid off many of his victims. He would also get THEM to sign an NDA to prevent them from telling anybody about a sexual assault they had suffered at his hands.

7. At the opening of a new film, a reporter asked Harvey for a quote about his. She had a tape recorder to get said quote. She was subjected to a tirade of abuse from Harvey; including “who let this cunt in here?”

8. Another reporter also tried to get a quote from Harvey. Harvey was less than pleased at the reporter's presence and another tirade of abuse from him ensued. The reporter caught him saying the following on tape: “I'm glad I'm the fucking sheriff of this shit ass fucking town.” Said reporter was then physically assaulted by Harvey Weinstein, including being punched in the head, as Harvey tried to get the tape recorder from him.

10. Harvey Weinstein would align himself with many powerful women in Hollywood and even Hilary Clinton, to protect himself from the backlash of his behaviour. He even donated to feminist causes such as Planned Parenthood to make it seem like he was empowering women rather than abusing them.

11. When the sexual abuse allegations finally went public, Harvey employed Black Cube (an intelligence agency) to gain details of all of his victims and lawyers in order to discredit them. Threats and intimidation was also used, along with planting media articles about them and others.

12. When the #MeToo movement was born, in reaction to the Harvey Weinstein allegations, Harvey, his supporters and even his friendly media pals HIJACKED #MeToo in order to divert attention to other people (including Michael Jackson, R Kelly etc.) and divert attention away from him. This is precisely why Wade Robson & James Safechuck hijacked #MeToo for “Leaving Neverland.”

13. During the UK airing of Untouchable, there was a spike in certain blue ticks and trolls tweeting hate and defamatory remarks about Michael Jackson. One of them was 50Cent, who took to Instagram to talk about him.

14. There had been very little promotion about the airing of Untouchable. Currently; it is only available to watch on Hulu, Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer (UK only) and YouTube (although this will likely be taken down at some point). It is not easy to find out where people around the world can stream it. That also has been kept very quite.

15. When Dave Chappelle talked about not believing the alleged victims in Leaving Neverland, the media and various blue ticks attempted to discredit him. That too was part of the Harvey Weinstein PR machine, under the guise of the hijacked #MeToo Movement.

16. The language used in “Untouchable” was nowhere near as explicit as the language used in “Leaving Neverland”. Sexual acts were not described in extreme detail. While it was distressing to watch Harvey's victims recount their harrowing experiences, it did not have the “shock value” the director of “Leaving Neverland” sought to create.

17. When “Untouchable” first premiered at the Sundance Festival, the media coverage was decidedly muted. And today, less than 24 hours after it first premiered in the UK, the media coverage is STILL somewhat muted.

In conclusion; this documentary will open many people's eyes as to what is really going on. Even if you are NOT a Michael Jackson fan, I implore you to watch it. It will clearly demonstrate how the Hollywood media machine works to cover up the crimes of the real predators. When Harvey Weinstein fell, so did the power of those people. Now a hole has been blasted wide open and a revolution in Hollywood is coming.

I predict a storm will blow Hollywood into chaos as the real predators are outed. Hollywood will NEVER be the same again and Harvey Weinstein is just the beginning.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 3 settembre 2019, 8:59

JaD
@JaDversary

Can you spot the difference here?
2 of these people are getting extremely emotional & struggling to even get the words out of their mouths about the abuse they endured.
The other 2 are smiling, holding in laughter, & describing it like ingredients for a sandwich.
#Untouchable

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 4 settembre 2019, 9:51

MJJJusticeProject
@MJJJusticePrjct

so wait just a minute ... they cut out Train Station, the pool, the Castle, theatre being locked ...WHAT IS LEFT? The makers of Leaving Neverland finally realizing that the Lies are just too numerous ? @HBO feeling fvcked over by Reed about now? https://youtube.com/watch?v=CXOfz1YkWeA ... e=youtu.be https://twitter.com/LenaBubbles/status/ ... 6888863746

This is an utter disgrace, why can the worldwide media not pick up on this. So obvious that the whole thing was a mockery.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 4 settembre 2019, 10:07

Judy Young: #GreenNewDeal #PublicBanks
@Rainbow_Golden

Replying to @MJJJusticePrjct and @HBO
Has anybody ever heard of a so-called "documentary"
deleting scenes?
I've never seen anything like this before.
Good thing #ChaseTheTruth and #LiesOfLeavingNeverland were produced!
What #Frauds Accuser#1 and Accuser#2 are!

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 5 settembre 2019, 13:33

TJ Jackson On Michael Jackson, Forgiving Oprah, Dating Kim Kardashian & Britney Spears

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZXKCBN ... e=youtu.be

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 6 settembre 2019, 10:09

Cindy P
@CindyP48428992

I’m fully loving how
@ParisJackson
checked and schooled
@50cent
for his foolish comments about her legendary father.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 7 settembre 2019, 10:09

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/new ... bo-series/

Niagara man who worked with Michael Jackson disturbed by recent HBO series
NEWS Mar 13, 2019 by Kris Dubé The Welland Tribune

Immagine

rystal Beach resident Colin Chilvers, right, with Michael Jackson while working together on the 1988 motion picture Moonwalker. - Photo by Sam Emerson

Chilvers 2
Crystal Beach resident Colin Chilvers, right, with Michael Jackson while working together on the 1988 motion picture Moonwalker. - Photo by Sam Emerson

Chilvers 3
Colin Chilvers, from Crystal Beach, on set with Michael Jackson while shooting a portion of the 1988 motion picture Moonwalker. - Photo by Sam Emerson

Chilvers 4
Colin Chilvers, from Crystal Beach, with the Brit Award he won 1989 for his work with Michael Jackson on Smooth Criminal, a 42-minute short film and music video that was part of the movie Moonwalker. - Kris Dube,The Welland Tribune

A Niagara man who worked closely with Michael Jackson for two years is shaking his head in disgust at the latest allegations made against the pop icon in HBO's recent documentary series Leaving Neverland.

Colin Chilvers, an Academy Award winner in 1979 for his special effects work on the first Superman movie, also directed the 42-minute short film and music video for Smooth Criminal, part of Jackson's 1988 motion picture Moonwalker.

In an interview at his home in the Crystal Beach area of Fort Erie, the 73-year-old who also worked on Rocky Horror Picture Show, the two other Superman films, X-Men, and countless other movies, TV shows, and commercials, finds it odd that the two accusers the two-part series focuses on waited so many years to come forward with such graphic claims.

Leaving Neverland is a documentary directed by British filmmaker Dan Reed, focusing on two men, Wade Robson and James Safechuck, both of whom became acquainted with Jackson in their childhood years.

They allege in the series that they were sexually abused by Jackson at his Neverland ranch and in hotel rooms for several years.

Robson testified in court in support of Jackson in 2005 when sexual molestation charges were laid against the singer, of which he was acquitted.

Jackson died in June 2009.

Chilvers finds it strange that Robson, aged 35 in the documentary, gave a completely opposite story in front of a California jury than what he claims in the recent HBO special. "Why would he suddenly change his testimony?" he asked.

Chilvers said he never saw Jackson behave suspiciously when he worked with him from 1986 to 1988 in Los Angeles.

There were three children on set during production of the short film and music video he worked on — one of them Sean Lennon, the son of John Lennon and Yoko Ono.

Lennon was included in the video after his mother reached out to Jackson as a family friend, which led to Chilvers flying from Los Angeles to New York City to meet with them.

Another young girl was hired to be in the production through a standard casting session, said Chilvers.

The third child, a young boy, was brought in after Jackson noticed him at the gate of the Hollywood film studio where the portion of the movie was being shot, mimicking Jackson's dance moves and stage attire.

"He was so good at impersonating Michael, we put him in the video," said Chilvers.

He said he never witnessed anything that would lead him to believe Jackson hand-picked the young boy due to a sexual attraction, which Robson, as well as the second accuser James Safechuck, claim in the documentary happened during their experiences with the King of Pop.

"There was no ulterior motive," said Chilvers.

Through much of Jackson's career, he was known to be close with many young boys, but this doesn't mean he had other intentions, said Chilvers, based on what he knows of the deceased entertainer.

"I don't have any occasion to think there was ever anything going on," he added.

The director said Jackson "loved the innocence of youth" as a result of him never having much of a normal childhood, and that he faced allegations in his career because of his star power.

"People in his position are very susceptible to that kind of allegation, especially Michael, because he was a big kid," said Chilvers.

"He felt comfortable around kids because he didn't feel like they were trying to make something out of it, or use him for some reason or another," added Chilvers.

The Fort Erie resident, who moved to the area in the early 1980s from England, was hired for his role in the Moonwalker movie after being introduced to Jackson by Kevin Pike, a friend of Chilvers' who was the special effects coordinator on Back to the Future.

He got the job after their first meeting, and Chilvers said Jackson stood by him even after some of his people advised the singer to consider bringing in a bigger name in show business.

"Michael liked that I'd done a lot of kids' stuff," said Chilvers, who also directed dozens of TV commercials for several Barbie toys, Jordache, Micro Machines, and much more.

He knew Jackson before he moved into his Neverland Ranch, but was invited many times for dinner at his home in the Hayvenhurst area where he lived with his mother, according to Chilvers.

They often made trips together to a popular art book store in the Los Angeles area. Chilvers said he took care of phoning the business ahead of time to let them know Jackson would be coming by for a shopping spree, allowing the store to close so they could browse the shelves in privacy since it was "impossible to do anything in public" during the height of Jackson's fame.

He also became acquainted with 'Bubbles,' Jackson's pet chimpanzee.

Chilvers recalls watching Robocop for the first time at the family home in a 30-seat theatre on the property, as well as introducing Jackson to the film 'The Third Man,' which was a large inspiration for the cinematography in the Smooth Criminal short.

Jackson was "a perfectionist, as well as a creative genius," Chilvers said in his recent interview.

"It was a privilege and an honour to work with somebody like that," he also said, noting that the video took 18 weeks of shooting before it was edited into a finished product.

Communication with the megastar ended shortly after their professional relationship came to a close. They spoke with or saw one another at least twice a week during the two years they worked together, said Chilvers.

"If he tried to keep in contact with all the people he met, he would have no time for anything else," he said.

Chilvers explained that not watching the series is a choice he has made, and that he has no plans to check it out.

"It would annoy me. I've got better things to do than watch something I don't think is truthful," he said.

Chilvers has also co-authored a soon-to-be-released book called Believing a Man Can Fly, about his career in show business.

His work with Jackson also earned him a Brit Award in 1989 for best music video.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 settembre 2019, 15:51

https://armin-risi.ch/en/Leaving-Neverland.php

Leaving Neverland‹ –
Important Background Information

Facts indicating that Wade Robson and
James Safechuck are lying about Michael Jackson

by Armin Risi

Armin Risi is co-author of the book „MAKE THAT CHANGE – Michel Jackson: Message and Fate of a Spiritual Revolutionary,“ by Sophia Pade and Armin Risi (2017), updated second edition 2019 – available only in German: MAKE THAT CHANGE – Michael Jackson: Botschaft und Schicksal eines spirituellen Revolutionärs

Original version of this article in German here (published online 17 April 2019, updated June 2019 for the 10th anniversary of the death of Michael Jackson)
The english translation was done by Armin Risi. (English is not my native language, so please forgive any wording mistakes in this text. Corrections are welcome.)
I do not claim any copyright for this article. Please feel free to share, forward, copy, publish, or to use it for your own article or documentary.
PDF version for download.
Short version: ›Leaving Neverland‹ – Did you really believe it?
1) ›Leaving Neverland‹ is not a documentary
2) There are only two possible truths about ›Leaving Neverland‹
3) Were both of them lying for 20 years, or are they lying now?
4) Listen to their former testimonies, and look at the photos showing happy boys, free of intimidation and fear
5) The most blatant errors (or lies) of James Safechuck in the HBO film
6) “Robson and Safechuck were repeatedly caught lying during their failed lawsuits against the Jackson Estate”
7) Did Robson and Safechuck really not align their stories?
8) Contradicting explanations why they suddenly, after 20 years, changed their testimony
9) Wade Robson’s story about his first “abuse” is a lie
10) Wade Robson’s fake show of burning his original Jackson memorabilia
11) Wade Robson hiding his relationship with Michael Jackson’s niece Brandi Jackson
12) Wade Robson invited Michael Jackson to his marriage … and was sexually neither naive nor innocent
13) Wade Robson calling his wife “also a survivor of child abuse,” plus: Robson’s fund for collecting money
14) Robson and Safechuck trying to sue MJ’s companies with far-fetched allegations for 1.5 billion dollars
15) Robson’s crisis, and the start of his allegations against Michael Jackson in 2012
16) Wade Robson: A scenario of frustration, deceit, revenge and false ambition, and “selling the soul to the devil”
17) Summary: A compilation of facts and arguments by Charles Thomson
18) Final words: we are challenged to distinguish truth from lies
Appendix 1–3:

We want to add short explanations regarding three wide-spread points of misunderstanding, or disinformation, namely (1) Michael Jackson “sleeping with children,” (2) Michael Jackson having paid “hush money” to the accusers in 1994, and (3) Michael Jackson’s acquittal in 2005 simply due to lack of evidence.
Appendix 1: Sleep-overs at the Neverland Ranch. An adult man “sleeping with children”?
Appendix 2: Did Michael Jackson pay “hush money” in 1994 to settle the case?
Appendix 3: Michael Jackson was the most targeted celebrity, and he was thoroughly investigated and closely observed by a very inimical district attorney
English translation of our book – a call for support
This article is a summary of facts & legal sources and arguments provided by the following websites:
https://themichaeljacksonallegations.com

A Critical Analysis of “Leaving Neverland”
https://themichaeljacksonallegations.co ... -neverland

The Wade Robson Allegations
https://themichaeljacksonallegations.co ... llegations
https://vindicatemj.wordpress.com

First Reviews of Dan Reed’s Leaving Neverland: IT STARTS WITH A BIG LIE
MARCH 8, 2019
https://vindicatemj.wordpress.com/2019/ ... -a-big-lie
Wade Robson – Wadeaminute! Things don’t add up …
https://mjjtruthnow.wordpress.com/2014/ ... ont-add-up
YouTube channel:

The Michael Jackson Innocent Project
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdjrgM ... 0SETMqlojw

There you can find two series of short films, titled
⇾ Debunking Leaving Neverland ‘Lie By Lie’
⇾ Proving MJ’s Innocence ‘Fact by Fact’
There are many other informative websites and YouTube productions. The ones mentioned above are a good place to start. The information given in my summary can be verified and further researched through the sources mentioned above, which include many references to court depositions etc.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 12 settembre 2019, 14:40

Akon shares his thoughts on the Michael Jackson abuse allegations.
"I'm a realist, if Mike was a creep or he was a pedophile, I'm not gonna sit here and defend him.
More: http://cmplx.co/Cr8xvia
Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 12 settembre 2019, 21:48

VP_Advocacy Retweeted
JR
@jamster83

“It’s crazy how cruel corporations can be”
Akon shares his thoughts on Michael Jackson and Leaving Neverland

https://www.inquisitr.com/5629131/micha ... YM.twitter

Michael Jackson’s ‘Love For Kids’ Was ‘Humanitarian,’ Says Akon

In a recent interview with Hot 97’s Ebro in the Morning, American singer and songwriter Akon spoke about his relationship with Michael Jackson and the accusations leveled against him in the controversial HBO documentary, Leaving Neverland. Per Complex, Akon responded to a question about Jackson’s recently tarnished image by saying it’s “hard to swallow.”

According to Akon, Jackson was taken advantage on multiple occasions during his illustrious career. He claims that the music industry tried to “push him out” many times and expressed amazement at how “cruel” big corporations can be. As for Jackson’s closeness to children, Akon doesn’t believe that it was a character flaw.

“But it weren’t even a flaw, that was all humanitarian and just him having a love for kids period.”

In regards to the allegations against Jackson, Akon suggests that they are false, claiming that those closest to Jackson would have noticed signs that he was abusing children if he was really a pedophile.

“On Mike’s behalf, these are people that was paid off, one or two people and they parents come back and recount like, you can’t even prove none of that stuff and half that stuff you can prove that they was paid off to even say those things,” he said.

The accusations against Jackson have been the source of much debate. While some believe that Wade Robson and James Safechuck — the accusers spotlighted in Leaving Neverland — should be given the benefit of the doubt, his ardent supporters and those closest to him believe that their claims are motivated by nothing other than money.

“The Michael that I knew wouldn’t hurt a soul. He was so fragile and vulnerable himself,” he said.

Per The Inquisitr, the controversy hasn’t stopped Leaving Neverland and its director, Dan Reed, from gaining both support and critical attention. The film received five Emmy nominations — outstanding picture editing for a nonfiction program; outstanding directing for a documentary/nonfiction program; outstanding sound mixing for a nonfiction program; outstanding documentary or nonfiction special; and outstanding sound editing for a nonfiction program.

HBO has also stood by the film and despite the “desperate lengths” people have gone to in an attempt to “undermine” the movie. In the face of controversy, they have supported Robson, Safechuck, and Reed in what they claim is an attempt to give everyone the chance to “assess” it for themselves.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 settembre 2019, 10:21

This is from March this year.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/07/james-bu ... op.twitter

James Bulger’s mum says Michael Jackson accusers are ‘liars’ Elisa MenendezThursday 7 Mar 2019

Denise Fergus has branded the men accusing Michael Jackson of sexual abuse as ‘liars’ after Leaving Neverland was screened for the first time on UK television last night. In the first half of the two-part documentary on Channel 4, Wade Robson and James Safechuck claimed the star groomed them from as young as seven years old. Denise, mother of murdered toddler James Bulger, later took to Twitter to brand the pair ‘liars’ and said she hoped ‘ people don’t believe this crap’.

She tweeted yesterday: ‘Just watched Michael Jackson leaving Neverland can honestly say don’t believe a single word, just look at the reactions of their faces, tells a different story to what they are accusing him of, so hope people don’t believe this crap.’ In the shocking documentary, Robson, 36, and Safechuck, 41, allege that Jackson molested them ‘almost every night’ that they stayed with the superstar and claim he told them to keep their ‘way of showing how much they love each other’ a secret. Denise has previously spoken about how the global superstar ‘touched her heart’ when he personally penned a poem in memory of her son James, who was murdered at the age of two.

She told the Liverpool Echo in 2009 that Jackson had sent her and James’ father, Ralph, a large basket of flowers along with a card and the poem. ‘There was a brown envelope and inside was a letter on A4 paper from Michael,’ she said. ‘He wrote a poem for James and he named it Child Of Innocence. It touched my heart.’ She also said the King of Pop’s hit song Heal The World was played at her son’s funeral, adding it ‘means a lot to me’.

Immagine

The Jackson family have vehemently denied the accusations made in the documentary and insist the star is innocent. The first part of the documentary left many viewers conflicted over the allegations last night. A statement from the star’s estate said: ‘Leaving Neverland isn’t a documentary, it is the kind of tabloid character assassination Michael Jackson endured in life, and now in death.’

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 14 settembre 2019, 10:11

https://www.inquisitr.com/5632654/shery ... U8.twitter

September 13, 2019
Sheryl Crow Says She ‘Regrets’ Michael Jackson Comments, Says They Were ‘Taken Out Of Context’

Per The Inquisitr, musician Sheryl Crow revealed in a recent interview with The Guardian that she felt angry at people in Michael Jackson’s circle after she heard about the sexual abuse allegations against the late singer in HBO’s Leaving Neverland. According to Wade Robson and James Safechuck, Jackson sexually abused them as children, and Crow said in the interview that this abuse was enabled by the people that surrounded Jackson regularly.

It appears that Crow is now having second thoughts about her comments. As pointed out on Twitter by Mediaite senior columnist John Ziegler, Crow used her appearance on Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen to reveal that she “regrets” the comments after being asked to reveal the most regrettable thing she has ever said in an interview.

“I think I might have said something recently about Michael Jackson,” she said. “And that kind of backfired. But, kind of taken out of context.”
During her interview with The Guardian, Crow was asked about how she responded to the allegations of abuse against Jackson.

“I happened to turn on CNN the morning after the first half [of the documentary] aired, and they showed clips of the young man who was on the Jackson tour with us and it made me … I mean, I still feel really … It’s like a death in the family, you know? It’s sad.”

Crow continued to say that Safechuck was a “great kid,” and she often wondered where his parents were when he was on tour with her and Jackson’s crew for 18 months at a time.

“I feel like there was just a huge network of people that allowed all that to go on. It’s just tragic,” she said.

Crow appeared to suggest in the interview that she believed the accusations against Jackson, although her recent comments on Cohen’s show indicate that this might not be the case. However, some fans of the “Smooth Criminal” singer believe that Crow knew what she was doing and is simply backtracking due to backlash.

As The Inquisitr reported, the accusations against Jackson have caused much controversy. The school Weston Park Primary in Hornsey, north London, recently canceled music lessons that focused on the King of Pop’s legacy. Parents were disturbed when the year’s curriculum for Year 6 initially contained the lessons, although they were swiftly removed after outcry. Head teacher Katie Coombes said that the inclusion of the lessons was a mistake.

Others, such as Jackson’s former bodyguard Matt Fiddes, are adamant that the accusations against the late star are false and motivated by money.

“There’s no evidence,” he said, per The Sun. “It’s always money, it’s always financial.”

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 15 settembre 2019, 8:07

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... 60gs6bViD0

Emmys: Sexual Abuse Film 'Leaving Neverland' Wins Best Doc or Nonfiction Special
6:31 PM PDT 9/14/2019 by Evan Real , Allison Crist
The HBO doc about Michael Jackson took home one of the top awards after receiving five total noms.
HBO's Leaving Neverland won best documentary or nonfiction special at the 2019 Creative Arts Emmys on Saturday night.

Dan Reed directed the four-hour film, which featured testimony from Wade Robson and James Safechuck, two men who claim to have suffered childhood sexual abuse at the hands of the late Michael Jackson.

Backstage, Reed explained that prior to taking on the project, he didn't know much about Jackson, nor did he have an opinion if Jackson was "guilty or innocent."

"I thought the two guys [Robson and Safechuck] would never speak out in front of camera," Reed said, adding that in talking to them, he was inclined to believe their claims in-part because they described what he considered a romantic relationship.

Reed also addressed Dave Chappelle's new Netflix special, Sticks & Stones, which referenced Leaving Neverland, the abuse allegations against Jackson, and the apparent movement to "cancel" the star. Chappelle even advised against watching the documentary, calling it "fucking gross.

"I don't think he did it, but you know what? Even if he did do it … you know what I mean? I mean, it's Michael Jackson," Chappelle said in the special, along with other jokes about Jackson's accusers. "I know more than half the people in this room have been molested in their lives, but it wasn't no goddamn Michael Jackson, was it?"

Reed called Chappelle's jokes "revolting" and "a calculated attack" against Robson and Safechuck.

"I think that mocking the victims of child sexual assault isn’t a particularly clever thing to do," Reed said. "It got some laughs because it was part of his bit about cancel culture …. I never said to cancel Michael, there’s nothing in the documentary that says people need to stop listening to his music."

He added, "You can make jokes about so many things, why not do something brave?"

Leaving Neverland earned a total of five noms heading into Saturday's ceremony, including: outstanding directing for a documentary/nonfiction program; outstanding documentary or nonfiction special; outstanding picture editing for a nonfiction program; outstanding sound editing for a nonfiction program; and outstanding sound mixing for a nonfiction program.

After Leaving Neverland's debut in January at the Sundance Film Festival, Jackson's estate called the film "a tabloid character assassination" and insisted it "isn't a documentary," while his family called Reed and the pic's two accusers "opportunists."

Reed shared his reaction to Leaving Neverland's multiple Emmy nods in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. "Since Leaving Neverland aired in March, it has launched many important conversations about child sexual abuse and the grooming that accompanies it. This was why James Safechuck and Wade Robson and their families spoke out, and why we made the documentary," said Reed. "We’re delighted that the Academy has honored that purpose — and our dedicated creative team — with five nominations."

The Creative Arts Emmys are being handed out over two nights, Saturday and Sunday. The Primetime Emmy Awards will be handed out Sunday, Sept. 22.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 15 settembre 2019, 10:13

#MJINNOCENT Official
@MJInnocentUK
The Emmys, here we come! #LeaveMeAlone Please Donate to the campaign - we have almost made up the shortfall MJFAM!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1173007992343515136

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 15 settembre 2019, 10:29

Anika Kotecha
@Anika_Kotecha

Welcome to Los Angeles,
@danreed1000
No matter what awards your fraudulent film is nominated for or even wins, it will still be full of lies. Ask your “old friend” Safechuck about that train station again...choo choo

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 15 settembre 2019, 10:48

An article from March.

https://medium.com/@stereowilliams/corr ... 36108a25db

Correct Me If I’m Wrong…
I have been a writer for most of my adult life. I’ve covered a cross-section of day-to-day entertainment; which can mean deep dives into music history, fervent dissection of socio-political issues — all in the name of what is most vaguely referred to as “pop culture commentary.”
But I am not a journalist.
To be clear, I’ve never pretended to be. But it’s never been more strikingly obvious as it has been for me over the past two weeks. I never would have guessed that it would be a documentary like Leaving Neverland that would make me face the idea that I’d become a hack.
Despite my desire to offer a tempered-but-clear-eyed review of a documentary I found to be emotionally-charged but journalistically lacking, my initial take on Leaving Neverland was presented in a way that suggested I believed the film to be a damning final nail for the horrific allegations that have dogged Michael Jackson for the better part of 25 years. While harrowing to watch, I did not feel that this project was that — not after watching a screener in the week before it aired; nor do I now; having watched the Oprah special that followed its premiere on HBO and read commentary on …Neverland in the days since. I believe that the general public is conflating graphic testimony with detailed exposition; but most importantly, I am alarmed that commentators and journalists have been just as egregiously under-thought.
The intense reactions to that documentary — which details allegations from James Safechuck and Wade Robson that they were molested by Michael Jackson — have left me confused and frustrated. Entertainment writers and commentators have offered steadfast belief in what this documentary alleges along with scathing indictments of Jackson and his fans. There are so many declarations, from pundits to longtime Jackson defender Corey Feldman, that they can no longer support Jackson in the wake of this particular documentary. To be clear, I have no vested interest in exonerating Michael Jackson and am not writing this in an attempt to save anyone’s legacy or to defend indefensible behavior. I believe my track record shows that I have been consistent in addressing the heinousness that sits alongside the talents of our most celebrated music legends from Chuck Berry to John Lennon to Dr. Dre. I have no qualms about doing the same with Michael Jackson.
I read Dustin Siebert’s take on the documentary and realized he’d written more blatantly what I’d only alluded to. “But after enduring the slow, patience-testing four hours that is Leaving Neverland,” he wrote. “I feel no rage. I’m disturbed, but I’m also left with way more questions than the documentary answered.” But I found myself surprised that seemingly so few had any misgivings or questions about what they’d just watched.
Because I certainly did.
When I wrote about Leaving Neverland, I was convinced of only one thing: that we as a culture had to face the ridiculousness of our celebrity worship. We couldn’t go back to that willfully ignorant place we’d enjoyed bittersweetly since Michael Jackson’s 2009 death; once he died, the world collectively went into mourning, ignoring the fact that so many people had become disillusioned with him over the better part of 15 years. Since the initial 1993 allegations, superfans have devoted themselves to elevating Jackson-as-martyr — something he encouraged. We conveniently downplayed how inappropriate and strange his behavior with children had been to so many observers for so many years. I believe that we still have to face how we pretended it was normal when it was always wrong and possibly damaging. As I wrote:
“There was never a time when the biggest star in the world jet-setting with what seemed like an endless line of young ‘traveling companions’ should have been endorsed or normalized. There was never a time when him admitting he slept in beds with them should have been defended. As so many fans rage against what they feel is defamation, there is a sad obliviousness to how so many allow their adoration to make them cheerleaders for behavior that would be the most crimson of red flags were it not for their fandom.”
However, I was not convinced that this particular documentary was sufficient to be the final word on Michael Jackson and molestation. Leaving Neverland feels cloying and sensationalist, relying heavily on graphic anecdotes from Robson and Safechuck and the emotional toll related by their mothers and families. It’s affecting — but again, it’s insufficient. Director Dan Reed has stated that he took that approach because he wanted this project to be about abuse and the survivors of abuse; but that rings disingenuous when you consider this documentary was purchased because it’s about Michael Jackson and the conversations that were going to be had once it aired were going to be about Michael Jackson. Reed has asserted that there is no “journalistic value” in interviewing other Jackson family members or Jackson associates because they wouldn’t be able to speak to the details that Safechuck and Robson have presented — and that’s a very valid explanation, on its face. But there would be significant journalistic value in talking to former Jackson employees or people who knew Safechuck and Robson at the time. Who else could corroborate, for instance, driving Jackson and Safechuck to a jewelry shop to purchase wedding rings (one of the film’s most disturbing moments is Safechuck describing a mock wedding to the star); or former girlfriends who could describe emotional or sexual problems the boys may have shown as adolescents/young adults? Was there no attempt to talk to anyone?
Reed also dismisses the idea of interviewing anyone who had a “vested interest in smearing these two young men and discrediting them.” But that ignores all of the pertinent commentary that could’ve come from a host of individuals with no such investment.
In contrast to the Bryan Singer allegations detailed by The Atlantic back in January (allegations that barely dented Bohemian Rhapsody’s Oscar push and didn’t lead to any Oprah sit-down with the director’s alleged victims), or the just-as-explosive Lifetime docuseries Surviving R. Kelly — this project, as many have pointed out, comes across as far less journalistic and thorough. There was no expertise of any kind presented in the four-hour …Neverland doc; no detectives, investigative reporters, child psychology experts, etc. appear in it. There are no professional or tangential associates of Jackson, no outside observers of anything over the periods of time in question. Everyone interviewed is either Robson and Safechuck or someone reacting to what they’ve been told by Robson and Safechuck. Oprah’s post-broadcast conversation with the two seemed to try and address this by including an abuse expert and abuse victims such as actor Anthony Edwards; but it was mostly soft questions in front of a sympathetic audience — and a lot of very general commentary about abuse that, while acknowledging the extraordinary specificity of this story of abuse victims, rarely faced how such extraordinary specificity may render any general comparisons inapplicable. The audience was filled with abuse survivors who no doubt empathized because they had suffered at the hands of abusers. And it was made very clear to anyone who didn’t already realize, a person can and will disassociate from that abuse, especially if it came from a person they loved, admired and/or respected. But considering the specifics of being abused by Michael Jackson, how does said abused person — particularly someone abused as a child — repress that and/or disassociate from that? Does it look the same? In the case of …Neverland, truths about disassociation and abuse are being applied even when the abuser is the most famous man in the world — who would subsequently become the most famous accused child molester in the world. Varying degrees of disassociation have been the standard explanation for why Wade Robson, in particular, suddenly changed his story on Michael Jackson after defending him for two decades. We often bury the most awful childhood experiences. Would that be harder with all the media coverage for the better part of 15 years? It’s as if we’re just to assume the likelihood that a person — actually, two people — can repress something that they’re being bombarded with constantly across popular culture. It feels like that kind of specified question hasn’t been answered or even asked.
According to the International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies:
“At the time of a traumatic event, the mind makes many associations with the feelings, sights, sounds, smells, taste and touch connected with the trauma. Later, similar sensations may trigger a memory of the event. While some people first remember past traumatic events during therapy, most people begin having traumatic memories outside therapy. A variety of experiences can trigger the recall. Reading stories about other people's trauma, watching television programs that depict traumatic events similar to the viewer's past experience, experiencing a disturbing event in the present, or sitting down with family and reminiscing about a terrible shared episode - for some people, these kinds of experiences can open the floodgates of frightful and horrible memories.”
It would seem, then, that as common as disassociation is, it’s just as common that outside stimuli should/would trigger an abuse survivor. When both Robson and Safechuck indicate that they only regained awareness/full acceptance of their childhood traumas around 2013, I found myself wondering how such repression could withstand being bombarded with constant outside stimuli — i.e. two media-heavy legal battles; constant reminders of Jackson and abuse in virtually every facet of said media; in the case of Robson, being in virtually the same field as your abuser and working with professionals (Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, etc.), whose very careers evoke your abuser. It would seem that all of those things would likely be triggers for past trauma. But they weren’t for these men. I kept waiting for something to explain this in a more specific way than “it doesn’t always look how you think.” I am still waiting.

The “After Neverland” special featured Oprah Winfrey asking Safechuck and Robson what many deemed were tough questions — and they were fairly probing. That the two men’s answers were so gray-hued and lacking is what gave me pause about this particular addendum to HBO’s Neverland saga. She asked Robson why he would want to produce a Michael Jackson tribute show in 2011 (Wade sent emails to Cirque du Soliel CCO, Jean-François Bouchard, seeking to participate in Michael Jackson: One), to which Wade responded that he was still blinded by his forever-benevolent view of Jackson (“I only saw him as love,” he asserts.) But I was hoping there would be a follow-up question addressing the awkward timing of his initial lawsuit and his molestation reveal; both of which happened shortly after this denied production job with the show. That lawsuit was filed in May 2013, one month before the world premiere of Michael Jackson: One at Mandalay Bay Casino in Las Vegas. This is as pertinent to the proceedings as why Robson would want to participate in the first place — as it addresses what could be interpreted as questionable motivations for filing that 2013 suit against the Jackson estate. If he only filed a lawsuit to force the singer’s companies to listen — as he stated in “After Neverland” — what does he expect now that the lawsuit is pending appeal? The whole world is listening to him now.
Also in “After Neverland,” Robson continually refers to his training at the hands of Michael Jackson when Oprah attempts to understand how he felt about lying on behalf of Jackson. It’s an uncomfortable fact of this story that Robson, in particular, is culpable in committing perjury to help an abuser evade justice. While both Robson and Safechuck defended Jackson in 1993 when they were 11 and 15, respectively; only Robson took the witness stand in Jackson’s defense as an adult. He seems intent on ascribing this solely to his abuser’s psychological hold on him: (“As a soldier, I couldn’t think of anybody else…”); but I admit that I have trouble making such grand allowances for an adult who was complicit in a predator’s acquittal, victimization or no. Victims can hurt other victims, and Wade Robson most certainly has, by his own admission, with his actions. I can only see how it would behoove one involved person to easily dismiss that. When he declares it “beyond his control,” I find that to be wholly irresponsible, but an understandable disavowal considering what else it can call into question in terms of his character.
There were inconsistencies in some of the men’s answers to Winfrey that neutered some of her probing questions in a way that it would have been uncomfortable to address in “After Neverland”s setting. In one of the documentary’s most quietly fraught sequences, Safechuck describes Jackson calling his mother in the wake of the 2005 trial, seeking to get James to testify on his behalf. Safechuck explains that he told his mother Jackson was an evil man — and his mother vividly recalled how her son wept and begged her “Please don’t tell anyone.” During “After Neverland,” when Oprah asks Safechuck “When did you realize it was abuse?,” he explains that it was only after he saw Robson come out with his story that he realized the horror of what he’d endured. Safechuck is clear that his reason for not testifying in that case wasn’t due to him understanding he’d been abused. “I didn’t think of it as good or bad. It was that old wiring of sort of — if you’re caught, your life will be over,” Safechuck explained, reiterating that he only declined to testify out of self-preservation. “To be thrown into that would be too much to handle.” But that seems to contradict the timeline of 2005 events he and his mother described in the doc, when he states that “I told my mom then, that…he wasn’t a good person.” His mother adds that James told her “Michael’s an evil man.” It’s a confusing bit that warrants some clarity. What could’ve made Michael “evil” in 2005 were it not the abuse you’d endured? If you were revealing this trauma to your mother then, how does that connect to you not realizing what you’d experienced until 8 years later? It’s a question that gnawed at me. And it appears that none of the principles involved with Leaving Neverland have offered anything to answer such questions. These questions lingered long after I watched this documentary days prior to its broadcast.
In the aftermath of Leaving Neverland, I was surprised to see that so many others had no such questions — that this documentary was enough to convince them that we’d finally gotten the truth about Michael Jackson. A documentary that arrives on the heels of two men changing their stories, one superstar dead in the ground, and lawsuit appeals pending. We’re asked to believe everything, even with no clarification or corroboration in what’s being presented. I was shocked that this was all anyone needed. So many people seemed to retreat to the most naïve parts of their reasoning, while wielding sanctimony like a blazing sword — tearing into anyone who dared not jump to co-sign this project’s claims as a morally-defunct celebrity worshipper. Social media is often as politically performative as Capitol Hill and as reactively bloodthirsty as Game of Thrones.
For all of my experience as “a cultural commentator,” I am not much of a journalist. I have never felt comfortable calling myself one. Journalists are relentless fact-finders who probe and prod; journalists aren’t afraid of seeking an uncomfortable truth. In the age of contemporary pop culture commentary, there are so many incentives to pander — not the least of which is the immediacy with which the general public can heap scorn upon what you write. For many years, I believed that my commentary was me speaking truth to power; in actuality, I’d long been preaching to the choir for easy “amens.” I am not a journalist, but I’d never considered myself a coward. At least not before last week. There is a lot of loud silence in the wake of Leaving Neverland, and I myself likely would not have written this had I not written something so spineless as my initial take. It may sound like an over-inflated sense of self-importance, but I lost sleep wrestling with the idea that my words helped fan the flames of internet hysteria.
I am not ruminating on Michael Jackson’s guilt, but I am stating definitively that this particular project does not come close to confirming anything. Forget your preoccupation with a star’s legacy. Forget ideas about conspiracies designed to attack beloved Black figures. Such chatter has only become a din of misinformation and hyperbole; someone needs to be more thoughtful than that. Instead of making pronouncements, someone just needs to ask better questions. That’s what journalists do.
I am not a journalist, but if all I am good for, as a writer, is churning out Woke Nigga™ rhetoric for white liberal consumption, then I have failed in every way that matters. Mastering the jargon and slogans was never my goal; they sit in service to larger ideas that will sometimes be messy and complicated in application. Many have consistently stated over the past few days that victimhood doesn’t always look the way you’d expect it to; well, standing up for victims won’t always look the way you expect it to, either. If you are of the mind that “regardless of whether these guys are right — I know he did something,” then I need for you, as Reed himself has intimated, to de-center Michael Jackson. Your need for cultural closure on a 25-year scandal may be blinding you to the fact that this particular saga isn’t going to end with a pedophile in handcuffs. Michael Jackson is dead and his legacy has already been tarnished. No — this story is going to most likely end with a lawsuit settlement that will no doubt look like a victory — now that the men who filed said lawsuit have the visibility and push of public opinion behind them. I don’t know how anyone’s idea of justice can include persons possibly exploiting abuse survivors and an entire movement to support victims, then getting a huge payday for it. That’s why questions can’t be shuttered for the sake of pseudo-empathy. Fighting for the oppressed should never require weaponized naiveté. I don’t know when that has ever helped anyone.
Some will read this and be greatly disappointed in me for writing it. That’s unfortunate and I hate that we’ve come to this as our “all or nothing” reality. But I don’t yell “Fire!” in a crowded room — and I don’t feel guilty about asking questions when I’ve already been lied to.
Thank you for reading.

andjustice4some
@andjustice4some

It's a great read. Right after it was published he quit his job over his belief that Michael was innocent and nobody would allow pro-MJ articles to be published.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 15 settembre 2019, 21:14

Thank you for using your voice! #MJInnocent @lavellesmithjr_

https://twitter.com/i/status/1173243226041540608

Lavelle Smith speaking up for Michael bless him.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 16 settembre 2019, 9:38

https://theblast.com/67083/michael-jack ... win-a-comp

Michael Jackson's Estate Calls 'Leaving Neverland' Emmy's Win, "A Complete Farce"

HBO documentary 'Leaving Neverland' took home the an Emmy for best documentary or nonfiction special at the Creative Arts Emmys, and Michael Jackson's estate is not happy with the decision.

Immagine

Director Dan Reed thanked the two subjects of the documentary Wade Robson and James Safechuck after receiving the award.

“None of this would have been possible without the incredible courage and determination of Wade and James and their families, and I wanted to salute that...this is one of the first times we’ve been able to shine light on child sexual abuse….the pattern of how it unfolds is not an easy story to tell….it often remains undisclosed for so many decades, so I thank them from the bottom of my heart," Reed said.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 16 settembre 2019, 16:54

https://www.mjvibe.com/the-michael-jack ... -to-emmys/

THE MICHAEL JACKSON ESTATE’S COMMENT TO EMMYS
SEPTEMBER 16, 2019

By now we all know that Dan Reed got an Emmy for his fictional movie “Leaving Neverland”

While the fans took over internet to share their disappointments and disgusts, a spokeperson for the Estate of Michael Jackson said:

“For a film that is a complete fiction to be honored in a nonfiction Emmy category is a complete farce. Not one shred of proof supports this completely one-sided. so-called documentary which was made in secrecy and for which not one person outside of the two subjects and their families were interviewed.”

Dan Reed went home with an Emmy for best documentary or nonfiction special at the Creative Arts Emmys.

We hope one day the truth will be revealed and Dan will have to give back his little trophy along side few lawsuits from the Estate but also the fans!

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 17 settembre 2019, 12:11

Shahbanu
@ZoroastersChild

I think the guys at
@ETCanada
are convinced by now that #LeavingNeverlandIsaFraud and #DanReedIsAFraud and that Safechuck + Robson are liars but they want to keep their jobs so they won't call them out

https://twitter.com/i/status/1173731797944995847

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 17 settembre 2019, 22:07

Leaving Neverland Facts
@NeverlandFacts

If Dan Reed "fact-checked and re-fact checked and re-fact checked and scrutinized" #LeavingNeverland why did Wade Robson tell an entirely different version of his alleged first abuse under oath two months before he went on camera?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1174011239841710080

John Ziegler
@Zigmanfreud

Hilarious. So now
@danreed1000
(who finally blocked me!), to try & salvage Safechuck’s mom’s horrendous acting, is saying that his co-star is lying (including in his lawsuit) about when he realized he was abused by Michael Jackson! Unfortunately, the questioner didn’t realize it.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 17 settembre 2019, 22:22

Tiffany FitzHenry
@Tiff_FitzHenry
An explosive new video points out fallacies, story change, inconsistencies and out right lies in HBO’s Leaving Neverland. To be frank, it lands like a hand grenade on HBO’s Leaving Neverland narrative and looks pretty bad for director Dan Reed and HBO.

Immagine

New Bombshell Video, “Lies of Leaving Neverland” Lands A Lot of Punches
The hashtag #LiesofLeavingNeverland was trending across social media Saturday and into Sunday upon the release of a roughly 30-minute video “Lies of Leaving Neverland,” a rebuttal to HBO’s “Leaving Neverland,” which was released by HBO earlier this year.

This explosive new video, linked below, and also available on YouTube, points out many false claims, story changes, inconsistencies and out-right lies in HBO’s Leaving Neverland. To be brutally honest, it throws a giant hand grenade right smack into the middle of HBO’s Leaving Neverland narrative and looks bad for director Dan Reed and HBO. It’s hard not to conclude there is some kind of hidden ulterior motive behind the HBO doc. The newly released video also paints a clear financial motive for alleged Jackson victim, Wade Robson.

The fact that the highly criticized Leaving Neverland has five nominations going into next month’s Emmy Awardsis true Hollywood form, and only adds to the overall level of suspicion about the project. Also noteworthy, the Michael Jackson Estate is suing HBO for $100 million dollars over Leaving Neverland. HBO wants the suit dismissed citing the 1st Amendment.

Watch the new video yourself, decide what you think. Personally, I’ve never been able to discern what truly happened with Michael Jackson, and neither Leaving Neverland, nor Lies of Leaving Neverland (who I suspect the MJ estate is behind) helps in any way. Was he a pedophile or wasn’t he, I don’t know. My focus remains on the fact that HBO aired Leaving Neverland at this moment in history, seeming to rush it out just months after the Weinstein accusations dropped, at the very moment a documentary about him was dropping at Sundance, and when so many credibly accused high level abusers are being exposed. My issues are with the suspicious timing and with trying to discern Who is Really Behind Leaving Neverland – a subject that deserves the real attention. I think focusing on those two things has the best change of bringing us to the truth.

The fact is, Michael Jackson is dead. He was acquitted of all charges in 1993. That said, I do know there is a system in place that would have rewarded Jackson for this behavior. For being a pedophile and thus a highly compromised and easily controlled individual. The reality is; however, the man is dead, he cannot defend himself, nor can he be punished. Thus, all this feels like NOISE to me. I try to keep my eye on the Weinstein’s, and the Epstein’s and the Hollywood Entertainment system of abuse and blackmail currently in place, which we are together toppling.

However, one thing is clear from “Lies of Leaving Neverland,” Leaving Neverland leaves out critical information that seriously calls Wade Robson’s story into question. The below video is an interesting watch if you have the time, it’s only about 30 minutes.

Decide for yourself, let me know what you think.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 19 settembre 2019, 16:24

‏Fei
@fei_rock
New evidence of intentional manipulation in Leaving Neverland
- First: In his first lawsuit (2013), James Safechuck says that he participated in the filming of a movie in Neverland in late 1995 and early 1996. James was 17 years old (turned 18 in February 1996).

Immagine

Second: In his second amended claim (2016), James deletes this story about filming in Neverland in 1995-1996. It no longer appears. He only says that his relationship with Michael Jackson began to tapered off in 1995.

Immagine

Third: In 2017 they started shooting Leaving Neverland. In the film, James included several photos of that shoot in Neverland, but, to best fit his chronology of sexual abuse, HE SITUATE THESE PHOTOS IN THE PERIOD BETWEEN 1993 and AUGUST 1994 (James would be 15 years old).

Immagine

His story is more credible if he visited Neverland until he was 15, and not until 17-18. Thus he could validate his claim that MJ left him as soon as he reached adolescence. But the truth is that he was coming of age at Neverland while recording movies.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1174602004360060928
Fourth: Another proof that he was in Neverland in 1995-1996 are the photos he would have taken during his visit. In the photos appears a painting by Nordhal from 1995 and a plaque from HIStory from August 95.
James would also have taken photos of the train station at this time.

Immagine
Immagine

- Fifth: As if that were not enough, this was one of the scenes that was shot 17 months apart, and is one of the parts removed from the original version of LN, along with the history of the train station, the pool, the castle, the theatre...
Lies fall by their own weight.

Immagine
Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 19 settembre 2019, 20:38

https://variety.com/2019/biz/news/judge ... dTNh9WEhJE

Judge Sides With Michael Jackson Estate in ‘Leaving Neverland’ Dispute

Immagine

A federal judge is leaning towards granting the Michael Jackson estate’s move to take HBO to arbitration in its dispute over the documentary “Leaving Neverland.”

Judge George Wu issued a tentative ruling on Thursday in which he denied HBO’s motion to dismiss the estate’s case. Wu is expected to make the ruling final by the end of September.

The four-hour documentary features allegations of two men, James Safechuck and Wade Robson, who say they were sexually abused by Jackson over the course of several years when they were young children. The Jackson estate argues that by running the documentary, HBO violated a non-disparagement agreement from a 1992 concert film from Jackson’s “Dangerous” tour.

The estate blasted HBO for not including their rebuttal to the allegations in the film, and went to court seeking to compel a public arbitration of the contract dispute. HBO has said that the 26-year-old contract no longer applies.

HBO’s attorneys, led by Theodore Boutrous, had sought to throw out the case under California’s anti-SLAPP statute, which discourages frivolous litigation intended to chill speech on issues of public interest.

Wu had earlier suggested that HBO file the anti-SLAPP motion, but in his tentative ruling he concluded that the statute does not apply to requests for arbitration.

In court on Thursday, Boutrous asked the judge to reconsider.

“It was filed to chill speech,” he argued. “It was filed to tell the world, ‘Don’t talk about child sex abuse.’… A company like HBO may be able to fight back and move forward. Others might not be able to do that.”

Wu acknowledged that the legal issues in the case are close calls, and that his ruling will likely be appealed.

“You’re a big company, they’re a wealthy estate,” he told HBO’s lawyers. “It’s a clash of the titans.”

Outside court, John Branca, a co-executor of Jackson’s estate, said that HBO has been trying to avoid a public airing of both sides of the story.

“I’ve never seen a media organization fight so hard to keep a secret,” he said. “We’re saying let’s get all the facts out there, not just two stories from two accusers with a financial interest.”

A spokesperson for HBO said, “We are waiting to see the Judge’s final decision.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 19 settembre 2019, 21:35

Rasheed
@rasheedKOPV

Directly from Howard Weitzman regarding Todays [9.19.19] hearing:
"The judge indicated he was granting our request, over HBO’s objection, and sending the case to arbitration.
We are waiting for the formal written Order but this is what he told the lawyers in open court."
Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 19 settembre 2019, 21:42

https://deadline.com/2019/09/michael-ja ... 202738895/

HBO Fails To Get $100M ‘Leaving Neverland’ Suit From Michael Jackson Estate Tossed, For Now

By Dominic Patten

September 19, 2019 11:29am
The multi-million-dollar attack on the controversial Leaving Neverland documentary and HBO by Michael Jackson’s estate will dance on, at least for the time being.

In a tentative ruling in federal court this morning, the always contemplative Judge George Wu said he’s leaning towards rejecting the premium cabler’s desire to see the $100 million lawsuit dismissed. However, Judge Wu has been known to change his mind so the true call will have to wait until he issues a final ruling on HBO’s anti-SLAPP motion later this month.

As for the home of Game of Thrones …well, they are going to hold their powder. “We are waiting to see the Judge’s final decision,” an HBO spokesperson told Deadline today.
Leaving Neverland details specific claims by Wade Robson and James Safechuck that they were sexually abused by Jackson when they were children. No shocker, the estate of the deceased once superstar disagree with the allegations and the film itself – which is why the two sides are in court now.

“HBO has tried everything possible to avoid having a trier of fact adjudicate their wrongdoing,” Freedman & Taitelman’s Bryan Freedman said on behalf of the estate after today’s hearing.

“If HBO believes its actions were proper then there is no reason for them to try and hide behind procedural technicalities to avoid an arbitration or a trial,” the attorney added of the their fight to get the matter surrounding the now Emmy winning Dan Reed directed film pulled into a public sphere. “Whether in an arbitration, federal court, state court or the court of appeal, the Estate of Michael Jackson will force HBO to be held accountable for its wrongful conduct.”

Appeal being an operative term here as both sides are expected to take whatever ruling Judge Wu ends up finally handing out to another court in another swing.

The August 15 move to dismiss from HBO’s Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP and O’Melveny & Myers LLP legal team came following a ruling in late May by U.S. District Court Judge Wu to deny the Jackson estate’s desire to have the whole thing shut away behind closed doors and be decided by the American Arbitration Association. The estate also lost out in its aim to have the lawsuit sent back to state court.

Having fumbled in getting HBO to shutter the debut of the disturbing docu earlier this year after its police protected Sundance premiere, lawyers from Kinsella Weitzman Iser Kump & Aldisert LLP and Freedman + Tailtelman LLP launched the mega-bucks suit in Los Angeles Superior Court. Seeking an injunction against the March 3-debuting film, the estate’s attorneys also cited a portion of a 1992 deal between Jackson and HBO over a concert special as proof of the legal miscarriage by the premium cabler.

That reading of the almost three decade old agreement didn’t get much movement for the estate, but the case then moved to federal court in early March for jurisdictional reasons. That move came just over a week after Leaving Neverland played to some of the biggest documentary viewerships for HBO in the past decade.

Mocked by Dave Chappelle in his latest Netflix special (which drew a response by director Reed), Leaving Neverland won best documentary or nonfiction special at the Creative Arts Emmys on September 14.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 settembre 2019, 9:49

This person was in court yesterday and kindly kept the fan community informed.

karmousaG
@karmousaG
1) Hi guys sorry for the delay it's been a long day for me. Just wanted to give you a summary of how things unfolded given that only HBO spoke.
The judge started off by saying how interesting this case was. He then commented on.seeing Branca in court.

Basically made a joke about how he got older and he remembers him when he was a lawyer who told him he wanted to do entertainment law. Back to the case he says maybe he shouldn't have initiated the anti slapp for HBO but now he must do something quickly.

HBO starts saying this case was about a lawsuit that's a red herring on estates part and that its a strategic lawsuit against telling the world about the allegations and the anti slapp should be able to stop this lawsuit from chilling speech.

The judge asks didnt this just win an Emmy? This is my opinion but I felt that HBO completely misread that comment. They answer the judge by saying oh yes your honor it did and we are glad you brought that up as he tried to make the Emmy win lend credibility to it somehow.
HBO then says this case is not a traditional petition of arbitration and gives an example the judge interrupts by saying the statement is ironic and it's contradictory. They both go back and forth and judge says how anti slapp may not work in this case.

HBO try to convince him otherwise. They continue by saying we recognize the strong policy on arbitration yet they argued for disparagement and only mention arbitration on page 19. He seemed stuck on this point and judge picked up on this.

The judge says maybe that it didn't involve this but that is the basis it has moved to with the breach of confidentiality and there is an arbitration petition even if you think there isint a basis. HBO then says the estate think they have a right to arbitrate but they don't.

Judge calls their statement ironic. HBO say they are filing this lawsuit and want public arbitration. HBO missing judges point. They site a case again saying it should be stricken with anti slapp. Site protected activity attacked speec +that while HBO can fight back others cnt.
Judge tells HBO I cnt do what you want me to do. HBO then says the harm is the lawsuit it sends a message of we are going to sue you. Judge calls HBO a Titan and not a small side show business. Calls both of them clash of titans. The non disparagement is there.

Judge continues you breached a contract and they want an arbitrator. he says this is an issue for state law. He asked HBO is it state law or federal law? Almost like testing them.They reply Federal and judge said well you lose. HBO tried to tell judge lets keep this case going..

They then said well your ruling against us so we will let an arbiter rule. Judge said I have said what I said and will give my official reply either tomorrow or Sept 30. So basically it' verbally went tot us but we have to wait for the official paperwork.

This is the first step we still have awhile to go. It's also getting the process going. I felt like the Emmy backfired and may have actually helped the esteem on some level you guys. Just the tone and facial expression on the judges face just a feeling.

Sorry, posted in the wrong thread, interesting though.
Ultima modifica di soulmum il 20 settembre 2019, 9:53, modificato 1 volta in totale.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 settembre 2019, 10:04

https://allhiphop.com/features/tj-jacks ... hUeCnZQjA/

TJ Jackson Trashes "Leaving Neverland" Doc And Takes On 50 Cent

Immagine

TJ Jackson is music royalty. Serving as the late Michael Jackson’s nephew and youngest son to Tito Jackson from the Jackson 5, the Los Angeles native has been surrounded by music his entire life. Now, he’s excited and ready to be doing his own thing, creating music off the simple fact that he loves it.

Serving as one-third of 3T alongside his two brothers, the artist and musician recently unleashed his own solo single titled “Insomnia,” which brings a positive light to what typically would ignite a negative feeling.

AllHipHop: MJ’s birthday just passed (August 29), how did you and your family celebrate or honor him?

TJ Jackson: For me personally, I usually try to just think about great moments with him. All the lessons he taught me. It’s quite easy to do because there’s so many great experiences and memories we had, so I just try to think of all those great times. The world lost an artist, a legend, but I lost an uncle. I try to keep it completely personal… I don’t know how else to say it. We’re not doing dance competitions. We’re not moonwalking or anything, we’re thinking about the man as our uncle.

AllHipHop: Growing up as a Jackson, what are some of the pros and cons?

TJ Jackson: The pros are you get to meet a lot of great people, people who have achieved a lot in life. You get to travel, you get to see great parts of the world. You get to learn about music and that’s what I do, is music. It’s a perk. A con is people always ask you “how’s this person doing?” Like you’re supposed to know. “Where’s Janet at?” I don’t know where Janet is. [chuckles] Another is people sometimes pre-judge you. They think you’re one way — without even knowing you, they think they know you. Sometimes you have to get through and work through preconceived notions of how you are. But the pros far outweigh the cons, I’m blessed and proud to be a Jackson.

AllHipHop: What’s it like having the biggest name in pop as your uncle?

TJ Jackson: Again, I don’t see him… all my life, my time with him and experience, he was always just Uncle Michael. He really was humble and downplayed his achievements, I’m still learning about how massive he was. ‘Cause all my time with him was as my uncle. He was amazing. He was always inspiring, always creative, and he was always teaching me. Naturally teaching me and my brothers how to be the best we can, that’s something I’ll always be grateful for.

AllHipHop: Do you feel pressure?

TJ Jackson: That was a popular question when 3T came out. That was the #1 question. The answer back then was always no, because we didn’t feel the pressure. As I get older, it’s still no, but it’s a little bit higher. And that’s only because I have pride and respect for my family. Not saying I never did, but it’s higher. I’m understanding and more cognizant of the legacy factor. I want to do my thing to make sure I’m representing my family the right way.

Immagine

AllHipHop: Your the mouthpiece of the family now, how does that work?

TJ Jackson: You could say that, but I don’t mind it. I just speak the truth. Now that I’m releasing music, I’m going out there to promote my music. When people are asking questions and they’re hearing my answers for the first time, that’s kind of made me more of the mouthpiece of the family. But the truth of the matter is I’m just being real. I’m telling my experience, my life, and sharing it with the world.

AllHipHop: Do you get counsel from the others or are you the de facto leader?

TJ Jackson: [Chuckles] I don’t consider myself the leader and I don’t get counsel. No one’s ever told me anything. I don’t even know how I would respond if someone told me something. I’m not an ego head but at the same time, this is my life. Sure my last name’s Jackson, but I’m TJ. So I’m gonna speak my truth and what I feel. Obviously, I don’t ever wanna disrespect my family, but I’m going to be true and real to me.

AllHipHop: How do you feel about the jokes toward your dad Tito?

TJ Jackson: It sucks. [laughs] But you know, it’s a famous quote (I can’t think of) about how people wouldn’t make jokes about something if it wasn’t relevant. If people don’t know that person. What people don’t understand is that without my father, there never would have been any of the Jacksons. He broke the string that started the Jackson 5. My father’s a good guy. He’s humble, he’s chill.

It hurts me because he says he’s strong, but I don’t know if it messes with him. I’m proud of my father. While every other Jackson was releasing their own thing, my father was out of the limelight forming and creating 3T. So he didn’t get his time to shine like the others did. The unfortunate thing is that kind of made him more of a joke, or not taken serious. He didn’t showcase his talents, but my father is the real deal. He’s an incredible guitarist, a Blues player, a Blues singer, and does his own pop and R&B stuff. My father is the real deal and I’m proud to be his son.

AllHipHop: What are your feelings on the "Leaving Neverland" documentary?

TJ Jackson: It’s trash. It’s unfair. It’s a dangerous precedent to just be able to defame and say whatever you want against someone who’s no longer with us. I’m certain that if my uncle was here, we wouldn’t be in this position because he’d be able to defend himself. He’d have so much, even more, because there’s so much evidence out there that shows these guys aren’t the truth. He’d have his own personal stash that would completely discredit them even more so.

It sucks but it’s the way our world is. Our world is about highlights. If you can get a couple of life-long performers to generate and do retake after retake to get a certain feeling — and you could fool people, that’s what’s going to happen. For anyone who has watched it, you must go online and at least do your research. Watch a YouTube video that shows their lies, it’s only fair to. Otherwise, it’s like walking into a courthouse and hearing a prosecution for 4 hours, then having to make a decision on something. If that was the case, there would be no sense for a defense attorney or a defense. If my uncle had that opportunity, we wouldn’t be in this situation. But his fans are incredible, they’ve been doing their thing to support him and to show that he’s innocent. Time will tell, they’ll figure it out.

AllHipHop: How’s it feel coming up under the shade of the family in the spotlight?

TJ Jackson: I don’t see so much as shade or in the shadow. Like I said, I’m proud to be a Jackson. From the outside, I’m the next generation or it’s another product from the family and I just take it with pride. Like any team player, I take it with pride. I’m proud to be who I am. I’m proud to be in the family.

AllHipHop: Congrats on “Insomnia.” What inspired this one?

TJ Jackson: Lyrically, the concept, it was a true experience.

AllHipHop: I struggle with insomnia too!

TJ Jackson: Do you? See, I’m happy you said it exactly like that because I wanted to flip the meaning. Insomnia’s always been a negative thing, something I struggle with, or something that’s messing with my sleeping pattern, but I wanted to showcase that moment when insomnia can actually be a beautiful thing. A positive. I had that experience with my loved one where we didn’t wanna go to sleep, the night was too strong and too great. We wanted it to last forever. Even though we had to wake up in the morning, we just said “forget it, let’s go as long as we can and just enjoy the night.” That’s what the song’s about.

AllHipHop: Thoughts on the 50 Cent & Paris feud?

TJ Jackson: I loved “In the Club” and some other 50 Cent songs, but I lost a lot of respect for him. A lot of respect, for many reasons. I just don’t think it was cool to attack my uncle without doing any research on the truth. Then for him to attack my younger cousin who has to deal with all this, is even more immature and more disgusting. Hopefully, he’ll mature and see more of a respectful side, but it is what it is.

AllHipHop: I mean, he’s just a troll.
TJ Jackson: Yeah, it felt like it was more to get attention. I try to always be respectful and forgive people but there’s some lines that you shouldn’t cross, and he crossed that line. Hopefully, in time, he’ll do the right thing and apologize.

AllHipHop: 50 Cent’s comments on boy’s butts?

TJ Jackson: I think it’s silly, stupid, insensitive, and wrong… to everyone. Again, he just has to mature and understand the importance of respect. Not trying to get attention by posting stupid things, he should be beyond that.

AllHipHop: How would you compare Chris Brown to MJ?

TJ Jackson: They’re both great. Me and my family have nothing but love for Chris. He’s always been incredibly respectful to all of us. He’s always paid great tribute and homage to my Uncle Michael. We all wish him nothing but the best. I hope he keeps breaking records, that’s my answer. I respect what he does as an artist and he will continue to grow.

AllHipHop: Is there anything else you want us to know?

TJ Jackson: Follow me at @tjjackson9 on Instagram, TJ Jackson World on Facebook and YouTube. Even more important, I do a newsletter once a week where I talk about my journey, talk about what’s on my mind. For anyone who wants to sign up, go to tjjacksonmusic.com.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 settembre 2019, 9:29

Shahbanu
@ZoroastersChild
Thank you
@GodfreyComedian
for supporting your friend Dave Chappelle & standing up for the truth about Michael Jackson again - AND for repeating it to Vlad.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1175519714069626880

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 settembre 2019, 17:11

You have to smile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Amel Ramirez
@Amel_Ramirez92
#michaeljackson music playing at the emmy after party? lol

https://twitter.com/i/status/1176107979227181057

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 25 settembre 2019, 10:12

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 25 settembre 2019, 22:11

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 settembre 2019, 9:34

https://www.inquisitr.com/5655891/micha ... B0.twitter

Michael Jackson’s Nephew, TJ, Says ‘Leaving Neverland’ Is ‘Trash’

Since the release of Leaving Neverland, in which Wade Robson and James Safechuck level new allegations of sexual assault against Michael Jackson, the King of Pop’s nephew, TJ, has taken on the role of the mouthpiece of the family. According to TJ, his music career has placed him in the spotlight, which means people naturally ask questions about the allegations, and he claims he responds truthfully.

“I’m telling my experience, my life, and sharing it with the world,” he said during an interview with AllHipHop.

When pressed on Dan Reed’s controversial HBO documentary, TJ didn’t mince his words.

“It’s trash. It’s unfair. It’s a dangerous precedent to just be able to defame and say whatever you want against someone who’s no longer with us. I’m certain that if my uncle was here, we wouldn’t be in this position because he’d be able to defend himself. He’d have so much, even more, because there’s so much evidence out there that shows these guys aren’t the truth. He’d have his own personal stash that would completely discredit them even more so.”

During another interview this month, TJ said that the media has an agenda to tear down Jackson. He claims that this purported agenda is harming not just Jackson’s fans but people who have suffered from sexual abuse. The 41-year-old singer urged Jackson’s supporters to continue looking for the truth, doing their own research, and sharing what they find as far and wide as they can.

Jackson supporters who criticize Leaving Neverland suggest that the movie was timed after the late star’s death to profit off denigrating his legacy while he isn’t around to defend himself. According to the Jackson estate’s lawyers, John Branca and Howard Weitzman, the movie does not fairly approach the allegations. Branca stressed that no side is presented but Robson and Safechuck’s and claims that Reed was not interested in speaking to anybody else; Weitzman echoed Branca and said that the media business doesn’t value balanced views.

Despite criticism, Reed says that he stands by his controversial film. The Sun reports that the director was surprised by the “ferocity of the disbelief” in Robson and Safechuck’s accounts of abuse. He claims that upon the film’s release, the team received “hostile death” threats and emails disparaging him and his family.

For Reed, Robson, and Safechuck, the criticism appears to be worth it — Leaving Neverland won the Creative Arts Emmy for Outstanding Documentary or Nonfiction Special, despite the stream of attacks on the film’s credibility.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 settembre 2019, 18:39

DespicableDrew
@DespicableDrew
August 2019, #JenniferBatten, longtime Michael's guitarist and collaborator, speaks about the #LiesOfLeavingNeverland.
#MJInnocent
Full podcast at: https://youtu.be/CaBPSucuiEs
https://twitter.com/i/status/1162445618037579776

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 30 settembre 2019, 17:05

Concerning Scott Schaeffer

DespicableDrew
@DespicableDrew

Shaffer not only is a pathetic sellout, but not even a very smart one, as he was busted days ago *during* his very subtle and obviously motivated flip-flop. Of course The Sun must have paid him for this crap and to pretend he was closer to MJ than he really was.

Observe Truth Report
@ObserverReport
We have another SELL OUT, Scott Shaffer. As soon as MJ starts winning the battle The Sun pays some moron to make him look bad. Anyone got his Twitter details. @tajjackson3 @Zigmanfreud @mikesmallcombe1 @dannywuyue @NeverlandFacts
https://thesun.co.uk/news/10007475/mich ... veals/amp/

Since it is obvious that Shaffer is doing this for money and for no other reason, let's take a look at what he recently tried to get rid of, from his FB page. Here he is, casually sharing a picture of him and MJ only a bunch of days before turning on him - for money.

Immagine

In the Sun interview, he pretends he was "shocked" by Leaving Neverland. False: he was very much ready to defend his former boss last March, AFTER the movie aired, as long as he could benefit from it. He changed his tune when he thought he could gain quick money doing it.

Immagine

Let's remind everyone that Robson's and Safechuck's allegations have been public since 2013 and 2014 respectively. You think Scott Shaffer gave a damn about that before sniffing the publicity he could get from a phony movie? Nah.

Now, Scott Shaffer was such a devoted, faithful, loyal former employee/friend and is totally so NOT doing this for money that he had been trying to sell anything connected to MJ for some $ for some time.
The perfect lurid leech to associate to the Leaving Neverland scam

Immagine
Immagine

And again, you think Scott Shaffer was worried about (false) victims back in 2017, despite Robson and Safechuck being very much public with their own bogus allegations? Of course not. His positive association with MJ was the focus of his FB page.

Immagine

Now, look at the entitlement of this parasite and then wonder why he is spitting on his former boss' dead body for some cheap publicity. He's no different than Robson and Safechuck; anything for money.
Why was he so excited to take part in something celebrating an "abuser"?
Immagine
Immagine

And again: why, while some (bogus) allegations against your former boss are all over the news, didn't you take the chance to "come clean" back in 2017 and go straight to the police, instead of posting statues like this, just to remind you were connected to MJ?
Immagine
Immagine

Finally, Mr. Shaffer - who's no different than the usual McManus, Francia, etc. - claims to believe his former boss abused kids, but can't help himself and has to like MJ fan pages on social media.
THIS is the kind of "supporters" the Leaving Neverland cult has and deserves.
Immagine
Immagine

BTW, his flip-flop happened literally a couple of hours after LN was awarded the Emmy (the one they bought for them as a consolation prize). This is the comment he posted, while only hours earlier he had gushed after MJ on his page. He simply decided to gain $ off the movie.
Immagine

Thanks to
@jacksons_land
for reminding me that Scott Shaffer had already profited financially from MJ while Michael was very much alive. That's why he's doing it even now that his former boss is dead and can't sue him for slander and put his crusty ass in a courtroom. Parasite.
Immagine

Also, this is Scott Shaffer. Someone who made a man feel like "he was being extorted". All behind Michael's back.
Immagine

Scott Shaffer's comment a couple of hours before flipping on Michael for a paycheck from tabloids.
Immagine

Scott Shaffer and his "co-conspirator" Shana Mangatal gushing over MJ in Nov. 2016. At this point in time, both Robson's and Safechuck's allegations have been public for years.
BTW don't bother taking down the video. We have made copies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... AyroZl-9cM

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 6 ottobre 2019, 16:58

Margaret Rowell Retweeted
Charles Thomson
@CEThomson

Replying to
@TomLazorik
and
@DespicableDrew
I was genuinely shocked by the number of people at the LA and London premieres for #SquareOneMJ who said, ‘I believed he was guilty until I saw Leaving Neverland, thought it was fishy and did some proper research.’ One of them was
@dannywuyue
himself, who’s since made #SquareOne.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 7 ottobre 2019, 10:02

[media][/media}

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 8 ottobre 2019, 21:57

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 9 ottobre 2019, 8:47

Cognitive Flaws, Leaving Neverland & Michael Jackson | An Appeal to Reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... pR-QboDfyg

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 18 ottobre 2019, 21:38

https://etcanada.com/news/526021/stream ... neverland/

Streams Of Michael Jackson’s Songs Have Increased Since HBO Doc ‘Leaving Neverland’
By RACHEL WEST.

Immagine

Despite the allegations of sexual abuse detailed in the HBO docuseries “Finding Neverland”, streams of Michael Jackson’s music have actually increased since it aired.

While radio play of Jackson’s songs fell 32 per cent in the weeks following the broadcast, the same isn’t true of on-demand listening. Streams of Jackson’s songs increased by 22 per cent in the same 31-week period following the documentary’s release, according to Billboard.

In “Finding Neverland”, Wade Robson and James Safechuck allege Jackson repeatedly sexually abused them when they were children in the 1980s and ’90s. Their accusations launched a wave of debate among fans and radio stations alike who argued whether the King Of Pop’s music should be played.
Backlash was swift as reviews of the documentary predicted the film would tarnish Jackson’s musical legacy, with radio stations in Canada and New Zealand pulling Jackson’s music from their rotation and Jackson interviewer Oprah Winfrey siding with Safechuck and Robson. Jackson’s family called the accusations a “public lynching,” adding the singer isn’t around to defend himself and was previously found innocent of child molestation charges in a 2005 trial. The singer’s estate filed a $100-million lawsuit against HBO.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 ottobre 2019, 10:12

Troy
@MrTroy_
Repost of one of my fav vids on the subject of #LeavingNeverland #Oprah by a no nonsense German body language expert skewering Robson/Safechuck. "He's stuck. it's fake. Always a bullshit answer."

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 28 ottobre 2019, 10:31

Finally - the estate needs to do more pro active stuff like this.

Michael Jackson
@michaeljackson
In 1992, Michael gave HBO their highest rated special ever. Now, to repay him they give a voice to admitted liars. #StopLeavingNeverlandNOW
Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 30 ottobre 2019, 7:51

Tasha-with-a-Tea
@Tashawithatea

You dont even know the level of scrutiny and research MJ fans will go to.
This is insane! Well done yet again
@MJJRepository

Immagine

Leaving Neverland Facts
@NeverlandFacts

Dan Reed's editing sleight of hand in #LeavingNeverland is even more dishonest than everyone realized. Combined two clips shot 17 months apart to appear as if James Safechuck responded to a single question. Keep in mind he rented the same Airbnb to deceive viewers.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 11 novembre 2019, 20:47

TSCM
@MJJRepository

Less than 100 so-called movie critics controlled the entirely fake "universal acclaim" of LN. This was after being wined and dined with special screenings, goodie bags, influencer perks and passed the PR packet from Kew Media with keywords and sentences to parrot as if their own.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 novembre 2019, 8:58

https://brignews.com/2019/11/20/returni ... n-unmuted/

Returning to Neverland: why has Michael Jackson been unmuted?
It is eight months since "Leaving Neverland." In this feature, we ask if its shocking revelations have been forgotten.

TEN days after Halloween, a video went viral on Twitter. It showed elderly residents at a nursing home in Utah performing their version of a recognisable dance. The video has nearly 150,000 likes and 30,000 retweets.

“This gives me life,” replied one Twitter user. Another agreed: “This is amazing!”

The song the residents dance to is Michael Jackson’s Thriller, a track that made its annual rounds in shopping centres, party playlists and karaoke nights at Halloween.

Had Halloween been six months ago, it is hard to imagine Thriller enjoying its usual annual spike in popularity.

In March, the documentary Leaving Neverland was broadcast on Channel 4 in the UK and HBO in the United States. It contained allegations of two men claiming to have been sexually abused by Jackson as children.

Intensely controversial, the documentary prompted a backlash against the late singer and radio stations to pull his music.

And yet sales of that music increased, while the Jackson estate dismissed Leaving Neverland as “one-sided” and pursued an ongoing court case against U.S. TV network HBO.

Jackson’s guilt or innocence aside, the documentary might have been another landmark moment in the #MeToo movement, which continues to affect the music industry.
Singer R. Kelly, who pleads not guilty to sex abuse charges, awaits a second trial. Pop star Kesha, who first sued Dr. Luke for sexual assault and battery in 2014, is in a legal battle against the producer.

The Jackson case raises the question of why some figures in the entertainment business, partly or universally disgraced, appear forgiven through continued enjoyment of their work.

Can you separate art from the artist?

Peter Ward, 26, was a fan of former Welsh rock group Lostprophets long before singer Ian Watkins was convicted of child sex offences in 2013.

Peter still listens to Lostprophets. He said: “They were definitely my favourite band for a while, I’m not sure why, I just loved their music.

“When those allegations started coming out – not really because of that, but because my taste started changing and their music started changing – I slowly stopped listening to them – but I do still listen to them.

“When I do, it does come into my head and obviously I don’t talk about listening to them because a lot of people have that association.
“But I wouldn’t say that when I listen to a song, I specifically think ‘I don’t like it any more’ because he did this, or anything like that. I still just enjoy the music.”

In the film industry, many notable figures have been accused of sexual misconduct.

One is actor Kevin Spacey, who has had some cases against his name dropped, but a London -based investigation is ongoing and Netflix cut ties with him long ago.

Douglas Fleming, 25, still enjoys Spacey’s work. He said: “I’m aware that when you’re watching his films, there’s so many people involved in the making of those films. He’s kind of just a piece of the puzzle.

“A film like Se7en, which he’s quite heavily involved in, I like it more because I like the director of the film, David Fincher.

“It’s easier to dismiss, I think, when they’ve had a smaller role in the art.”

There is no question that Michael Jackson’s role in Thriller and his catalogue of hits is anything but small.

And yet Jackson’s loyal fans do not have trouble dismissing the allegations against him. They remain enamoured by the once King of Pop and his music.

Line Caes, a social psychology lecturer at the University of Stirling, believes it is human nature to idolise figures like Jackson to such an unwavering degree.

She said: “I think it’s because they really want somebody to look up to.

“They want an example, and I think it is easy for somebody who is very popular and has quite a lot of influence to be the person they pick, even if they have never met them before.

“It’s to do with the basic human need of working through emotions and feeling happy. Music lends itself quite well to that.”

Watching those care-home residents moving in time to Thriller, with their painted faces and curly black wigs, there can be little doubt over the uplifting power of music.

Michael Jackson may never be found guilty, and if not, his songs will not be going anywhere.

It will be up to us to decide if we want to listen to them.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 1 dicembre 2019, 10:02

Immagine

Immagine

I understand exactly why Wade changed his story - the original lies were not salacious enough!

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 2 dicembre 2019, 10:32

andjustice4some
@andjustice4some

Celebrities who cosigned Leaving Neverland, and who either already had relationships with HBO, or forged new ones just months later.
#1 Rosie O'Donnell. She tweeted this while LN aired.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 6 dicembre 2019, 21:11

Leaving Neverland Facts
@NeverlandFacts

EXCLUSIVE: Luenell on Neverland Accusers: I Live Off Crenshaw, I Know a Money Grab

https://www.vladtv.com/article/259402/l ... money-grab

Rispondi