Random mentions concerning Michael

Michael Jackson's news in English. Your updated reference for Michael Jackson's news in English language from all around the world. Rumors, gossip and true facts. And a lot of Michael Jackson's beautiful pictures.
Rispondi
soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Random mentions concerning Michael

Messaggio da soulmum » 28 marzo 2018, 11:13

People talk about Michael a lot even after his passing. Started this thread to keep everything together instead of making new threads on each and every one.

Immagine
SIEDAH GARRETT
@SIEDAHGARRETT

On this beautiful #SundayMorning, reflecting on the spirituality of #MichaelJackson, who would lead his band in #prayer before each and every performance. #missuMJ #MJJCommunity #moonwalkers #mjfam #mj #KingofPop #MJ4Ever #MJForever #MJKingOfPop

19:46 - 11. März 2018

TLC News @OfficialTLCNews

TLC Discuss The Moment Chilli Ran On Stage To Kiss Michael Jackson! https://youtu.be/jW60d16Lmt8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW60d16Lmt8
8-) Really funny.

Jackie Jackson
✔ @JackieJackson5
Immagine
Still miss my brother everyday.... some days are harder then others. Two weeks before he died… https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf1WsPpFELS/

Still miss my brother everyday.... some days are harder then others. Two weeks before he died we had dinner and he told me and my wife to have kids. Imagine MJ telling you... to "get busy" ;-) his words
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf1W9pqlad2/

Omer Bhatti
@RealOBee

Fun fact: MJ introduced me to Black Panther about 20 years ago, he was a HUGE fan, and was planning on making it a movie himself. #BlackPanther

Immagine

Verified account @niccigilbert

The crazy thing about this picture is I still had not completely processed that #MichaelJackson gave #Brownstone a record deal and I was standingbnext to #Elvis daughter #LisaMariePresley #Brownstone4Life #RihMaxee

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Re: Random mentions concerning Michael

Messaggio da soulmum » 28 marzo 2018, 11:28

Immagine

Immagine
MJ-Upbeat‏ @BonnieLamrock · 24h24 hours ago

Have a beautiful day everyone. #mjfam #michaeljackson #mjeveryday #moonwalkers

Immagine
MJ-Upbeat‏ @BonnieLamrock

#mjfam #michaeljackson #mjeveryday #moonwalkers

Immagine
Immagine

Verified account @SIEDAHGARRETT

#OnThisDay back in 1988, my song #maninthemirror by @michaeljackson hit No1 on the Billboard Hot 100. Check out my 30th Anniversary version at https://open.spotify.com/album/5kZzEmEfVLRtAKTnJ4UeG4 … #MondayMotivation #MusicMonday #MichaelJackson #KingOfPop #mjfam #mj #MJJCommunity #moonwalkers

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 29 marzo 2018, 11:18

Sara Conkey from the BBC has reached out to MJWN to tell us that she is making a programme for the BBC Radio 4 series ‘Soul Music’ about the famous Charlie Chaplin song ‘Smile,’ which Michael recorded and released on his 1995 ‘HIStory’ album.

Sara would love to hear from any Michael Jackson fans who have a particular memory or life event associated with this song.

You can share you story with Sara by contacting her at sara.conkey@bbc.co.uk.

Source: MJWN

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 1 aprile 2018, 22:12

Immagine
Michael Jackson‏Verified account @michaeljackson · 4h4 hours ago
“He’s shy and sweet... but he’s a prankster. When I was doing the video, we had water pistol fights.” – Naomi Campbell

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 2 aprile 2018, 15:39

https://www.freep.com/story/entertainme ... 472983002/

The Jacksons to celebrate career, Michael Jackson at Detroit Music Weekend

Brian McCollum, Detroit Free Press Pop Music CriticPublished 1:01 p.m. ET March 31, 2018 | Updated 1:58 p.m. ET March 31, 2018
A year after Aretha Franklin packed the streets in the theater district to inaugurate a new hometown festival, Detroit Music Weekend has another celebrated name on the way.

The Jacksons will headline the event with a free outdoor performance June 16, returning to the city where Berry Gordy and Motown launched their career five decades ago.

The group — Jackie, Tito, Jermaine and Marlon Jackson — will stage a 75-minute production in front of a video wall featuring performance footage of their late younger brother, Michael Jackson, as they celebrate a career stacked with '70s hits such as "I Want You Back," "ABC," "I'll Be There" and "Dancing Machine."

Their main-stage set will be part of a multi-day Jackson 5 celebration at Detroit Music Weekend, including a June 15 gala that will feature a fashion show and Jacksons tribute concert led by veteran Detroit musician Kern Brantley, bandleader for Lady Gaga.
There's no official word yet on a potential street renaming or other civic honors like the ones bestowed last summer on a tearful Queen of Soul ahead of her Detroit Music Weekend performance, including the ceremonial renaming of Madison Street to Aretha Franklin Way.

"That model should continue," said Music Hall president Vince Paul, who spearheads the festival with a committee of downtown entertainment and business figures. "We have a lot of streets and a lot of legacy artists. It adds a pizzazz to our city core."

The Jacksons and their team have enthusiastically embraced the weekend of Detroit tribute activities, said Paul, and there have been early discussions about guest appearances by two of Michael Jackson's children: 21-year-old Prince Jackson and 19-year-old Paris Jackson.

A media conference will be scheduled in May to announce full details about the four-day festival, including the complete five-stage music lineup.

Here's some of what we know so far about the 2018 edition of Detroit Music Weekend:
•The festival's footprint will grow. Last year's activities ran along a stretch of Madison outside Music Hall and the neighboring Detroit Opera House. For 2018, the event will stretch several blocks east and west, with new stages at the Detroit Institute of Music Education and in the Paradise Valley district.
•Main-stage performers on June 16 will include Grand Funk Railroad's Mark Farner, actor-musician Jeff Daniels, funk bandleader Will Sessions and country-rocker Craig Brown. A techno afterparty will be be held at the Paradise Valley stage.
•The June 15 gala — dubbed Chords & Couture — will be held inside the festival's 10,000-square-foot tent and will include dinner and a fashion show presented by Saks Fifth Avenue. The night's tribute concert will showcase material from across the Jackson family's group and solo repertoires. Performers will include teen singer Jibreel Mawry, who played a young Michael Jackson in Broadway's "Motown: The Musical."
•An expanded MotorCity Artisan Market will showcase 100-plus vendors, many specializing in Detroit-themed merchandise.
•The event, running 2-11 p.m., will start and end later than last year, in part to accommodate the Jacksons' video production, which requires nightfall for full effect.
Immagine

The Jackson 5 early in their Motown career: (rear, left to right) Tito, Jackie, Jermaine; (front) Marlon, left, and Michael, right. (Photo: Handout photo/Free Press archives)

The four surviving Jackson 5 members are all now in their 60s. Their Detroit Music Weekend booking comes six years after the group reunited for its first concert tour since the 1980s. The Fox Theatre was among the stops on that 2012 Unity Tour.

The Jacksons' Detroit connection goes back to 1968, when the young Indiana group auditioned for Motown executives at the company's headquarters on Woodward. The taped performance — featuring a magnetic 9-year-old Michael — was sent to Gordy in Los Angeles, where he was steadily setting up shop. The Motown founder initially resisted, but at the urging of Motown's Suzanne de Passe, ultimately gave in and signed the group.

The Jackson 5 worked at Motown studios in Detroit and L.A. in 1969 and 1970 before their recording sessions were moved permanently to the West Coast.

Paul is confident Detroit Music Weekend will continue building on the success of last year's inaugural fest, when Franklin's performance drew global headlines as possibly her final hometown show.

"I think the biggest accomplishment from last year is it did what we said it would do: invigorate the economy, get international attention, and bring people together from very different cultural backgrounds into one place," Paul said.

Contact Detroit Free Press music writer Brian McCollum: 313-223-4450 or bmccollum@freepress.com.
Detroit Music Weekend with the Jacksons, Mark Farner, Jeff Daniels and more

June 14-17

Downtown Detroit

Main events are free (certain other events are ticketed)

detroitmusicweekend.org

musichall.org

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 6 aprile 2018, 11:08

Immagine
April 4th, 1997 MJ History – OK Magazine Interview /// Michael, how does it feel to be a father?
Michael: It was an incredibly joyful experience. I’m in bliss 24 hours a day.
Read Full Transcript: http://home.mj-upbeat.com/2016/04/04/to ... interview/ … #mjfam #michaeljackson #mjeveryday #Moonwalkers
BonnieLamrock · 8h8 hours ago

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 aprile 2018, 10:46

Immagine

Verified account @VogueParis

Follow Follow @VogueParis

In 1991, the King and Queen of Pop had everything to smile about. See the story behind the iconic photo here http://bit.ly/2HeuRrb

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 5 maggio 2018, 10:40

Immagine

@LouFerrigno

I’m 80% hard of hearing & have never been able to listen to music.
Trained Michael for over 25 years. Proud to have know him for the man he was, and call him a friend. Sad we lost such a talent and genuine guy so soon!

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 9 maggio 2018, 11:22

Immagine

Celebrating Michael's Acre in Kent UK...which soon will be blanketed with bluebells!

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 maggio 2018, 11:21

Immagine
Always with me...in spirit!!
Jonathan Moffett on twitter.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 6 giugno 2018, 10:31

@SIEDAHGARRETT
Follow Follow @SIEDAHGARRETT
.#MyFavoriteThingAboutThe90s Touring the world performing with #MichaelJackson on his Dangerous Tour, June '92 - Nov '93!

Immagine
11:40 PM - 2 Jun 2018

@MJJLegion

Michael’s close family friend @RealOBee recently posted this photo showing the alternative ‘Invincible’ album covers plus photos of demos and various CD’s on his Instagram story!

18:46 - 5. Juni 2018

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 giugno 2018, 10:46

Immagine
Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons. Michael Jackson will always be innocent and will never ever hurt a child. Spread the love x

13 years ago today Michael was vindicated and found not guilty on all 10 charges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpzAtdQN56c

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 giugno 2018, 11:40

13 years ago today.

MICHAEL'S WORDS. He thanks his family, friends & fans for their loyalty & support. #MichaelJackson #mjeveryday #moonwalkers #MJFam #VindicationDay4MichaelJackson #victoryday

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 14 giugno 2018, 11:49

@Aphrodite_Jones
I've released a Special Edition of Michael Jackson Conspiracy. This edition has some surprises attached, and people can see for themselves the main reason WHY the jury voted not guilty.

Get the eBook & check out Neverland, the raid, and MJ in full color! https://bit.ly/2JFFqk4
Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 6 luglio 2018, 11:53

Immagine

Balmain‏Verified account @Balmain

The #BALMAINARMY arriving to the #VogueParisFoundation Gala in Michael Jackson inspired #BALMAIN looks, styled by Emmanuelle Alt.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 luglio 2018, 10:57

Immagine

@TheMJCast

#TheMJCastEp84 - @Judith_Hill Special. We chat with Judith about her memories rehearsing #MichaelJackson’s This Is It, the Back in Time album, working with #Prince & her new European tour (info at http://www.judithhill.com/2018/06/19/so ... -this-july …). J.

https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/the ... 3Fp%3D2172
http://www.themjcast.com/episode-084-ju ... l-special/

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 luglio 2018, 11:54

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 luglio 2018, 11:42

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 luglio 2018, 11:45

Michael Jackson’s ‘Blood on the Dance Floor,’ 21 Years Later

by Luka Neskovic
The Times of Israel
JUL 16, 2018

Some years ago, while I was doing a research for my upcoming biography on Michael Jackson, I did an interview with Jackson’s old associate, director and choreographer Vincent Paterson. In early 1997, Jackson asked Paterson to work with him on the music video for his new single “Blood on the Dance Floor.”

“Look, I’ll do it for you”, Vincent said to Michael, “if you promise that you’ll show up for rehearsals.”

Michael made a promise which he did not entirely keep. He came only to one rehearsal and thus caused much trouble to Vincent, because the complete choreography could not be performed without him. It has happened several times that the dancers who were enthralled, waiting for the King of Pop to come to the studio, at the last moment were told that he would not come.

“I was a little disappointed with what happened with ‘Blood on the Dance Floor’”, says Paterson, “because I created a lot of choreography for him there and he kept canceling, canceling, canceling rehearsals and only got to show up, I think basically, for a day and a half of rehearsals. So much of what I had planned I had to cut out, and I let him improvise in a lot of places because he wasn’t around to learn choreography, so I had to change things for him.”

This improvisation turned out to be incredible. Michael’s spontaneity in dance and unplanned moments were the central parts of the video. He gave in to the rhythm of the music and allowed it to dictate his moves. He also danced salsa with his partner Sybil Azur; he was rarely seen on the dance floor with a partner.

Paterson chose Azur himself; having worked with her earlier, he knew that she would be perfect for Jackson: “She was thin and beautiful like him,” and they worked very, very well together.”

In the spontaneous choreography which he created, Michael was crossing her legs with his own while she danced on the table, he put his hands over her back in a seductive manner, performed pirouettes, etc. The professional chemistry between the two of them was more than obvious. This video is perhaps the most erotic one after “In the Closet,” judging by the reactions of the fans. Latino style and red and crimson shades added up to that picture. The famous Conrad Hall filmed the video, which especially pleased Michael, since he greatly admired and loved his work.

At the end of our conversation, Vincent reflected on his understanding of the difference in Jackson between the eighties and the nineties.

“In the younger years“, he said, “when he was stepping away from the Jackson 5, he had a lot to prove. All of the sudden it was him by himself and not all the brothers around him, and he was stepping into the shoes of the superstar; really a superstar. By the time, 10 years later came around — I think it was probably he realized that he had been moved into a place that wasn’t what he may be expected — that he realized the freedom that he had lost — he realized the prize that you have to pay for fame. And also at the same time, I think that he took a little bit of advantage of the opportunity for himself. If he felt like staying home and playing videos with Macaulay Culkin — he would do that. Now at the same time, he was always generous, so he would be sure that if he cancels the day’s work, everybody was paid for that day. He would never do something to hurt anybody’s situation, but if he felt like he wanted to take a day off and do something, I think he probably believed that he deserved to have that. And the truth is he probably did. He was one of the hardest working people I’ve ever met in my entire life”.

Jackson became a father in the same year, and that represented a turning point in his career. His job was not the most important thing anymore. From this time on, he rarely appeared in public and was on a hiatus several times. Parenting became a priority for him, whereas music was on the second place. Everything he did from then on was subject to fatherly obligations because, as he himself said on several occasions, he did not want his children to live the same way he had; he wanted their childhood to be different than his. He understood the importance of the presence of a parent and of upbringing, and seeing his colleagues, he realized how the parents’ fame and lack of proper upbringing can affect the character development of the children.

Besides, he also wanted to rest from all the work. He had a successful career behind him, he had fulfilled many of his dreams, all of it before turning 40 years old. His future did not demand a big commitment to his job like it had been the case before. He was still creative and worked on his music, but was not as present in the public like before.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR Luka Neskovic is an author, and columnist for The Huffington Post.

Link: https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/mich...1-years-later/

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 agosto 2018, 14:12

Verified account

@TeddyRiley1
Following Following @TeddyRiley1
More
I'm so proud I got to hang and work with both of these geniuses!!!
Michael Jackson & Prince!!! @michaeljackson prince
#Repost blackexcellenceposts @ Atlanta International Airport-Delta… https://www.instagram.com/p/BmajZb7HsGt ... 4ow9d46dix

12:58 PM - 13 Aug 2018

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 18 agosto 2018, 10:12

Immagine
Michael Jackson‏Verified account @michaeljackson · 16h16 hours ago

“I introduced Michael and the fans went crazy. People were jumping over barriers. We had to stop the show.” – Illusionist Siegfried on a memorable night at one of their shows in Japan.
Photo: Michael with Siegfried and Roy

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 agosto 2018, 10:56

https://celebritist.me/98944-diana-ross ... rried.html
August 9, 2018

Diana Ross' son Evan melts hearts being carried by Michael Jackson in old pic

by Edduin Carvajal
Actor and musician Evan Ross, best known for the "Hunger Games: Mockingjay," took to Instagram to share a photo of himself being held by Michael Jackson.

Being the son of a singer as talented and famous as Diana Ross has its privileges, and Evan knew that when he was a child.

The image that the now-29-year-old man uploaded showed the King of Pop holding him when he was about seven years old.

In the picture, Evan was wearing a blue and red jacket and blue pants while Michael donned a yellow shirt and a black coat. For the caption, the actor wrote: “Missing u!” [sic]
As soon as that post was shared, fans and followers took to the comment section to share their thoughts.

One of them was Instagram user @vale.gonb, who thanked Evan for uploading a photo of Michael and added that his magic would be cherished in people’s hearts forever.
User Jane Arzadon admitted that Michael was an exceptional entertainer and that “his music, videos, fashion, humanitarian efforts, and aura” made him the greatest of all times.

It wouldn’t be the first time that Evan does something related to Michael. He grew up inspired by the late singer, who joined Diana to mentor him during the making of an album.
The King of Pop wrote some songs with Evan for his record, but after his passing, the singer took his time as he didn’t want to rush it and release it.

A couple of months after Michael's death, Evan celebrated his 21st birthday and chose a Michael Jackson-themed party at the Guys & Dolls nightclub in West Hollywood as a way to pay tribute to the late singer.
The Michael Jackson that Evan knew

Evan has several fond stories about Michael and his relationship to Diana, who the late singer looked up to and considered a second mother. One of those stories tells how humble and curious Michael really was.
During an interview Evan had with Global Grid TV back in 2015, he explained that Michael called him at about 2 in the morning and asked him what he was doing.
When Evan told Michael that he was in a club and that he would go outside to hear better, Michael stopped him and said that he wanted to hear, so Evan put him on speaker.

“He always stayed in touch with what people were liking at that time. He was very aware of what was going on. He just stayed up listening. I just kept the phone on the table at the club with the speaker on.”

The memories that Evan has of the singer show nothing but a caring and brilliant man who felt a deep love for his mother and who he could look up to as young brothers do to their older ones.
In the photo that he uploaded, the relationship Michael and Evan had was clearly visible as they looked very happy being in each others company.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 agosto 2018, 11:12

https://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/wha...311-34jxp.html
LISA MARIE PRESLEY 2014

With MJ [Michael Jackson], unfortunately, too much happened, too much got between us. There was a very deep strong love there; intense. But people got in the way, on my end and his end. We had so many people telling us what to do and intercepting and speaking on behalf of the other. Had it been just he and I, towards the end, I don't think we would have divorced.
Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 3 settembre 2018, 15:04

9 years ago today Michael was laid to rest. This video is a small tribute to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=sZITBxcGo34

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 11 settembre 2018, 10:12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCWnQ0vE5d4
I love this interview with Jennifer Love Hewitt on the Jimmy Kimmel show.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 12 settembre 2018, 11:52

MJJJusticeProject‏ @MJJJusticePrjct

What did Michael Jackson do in the afermath of 9/11 2001?He made sure his fans were taken care of ..that was uppermost in his mind. He didn't go on some road trip like idiot media wants you to believe. #compassionate men do great things for others.
Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 12 settembre 2018, 16:16

News: The Michael Jackson estate is plotting a new project, which will feature a “reworking” of “a batch of tracks alongside a high-profile producer the estate wants to keep secret for a one-off release,” according to the Los Angeles Times. The potential project would likely be a collaboration with Sony Music. Sony Music representatives were also interviewed in the same LA Times article, which was centered around the new “Michael Jackson: On the Wall” exhibit at London’s National Portrait Gallery. The company’s Chief Executive, Rob Stringer, said the label is “constantly scouring the catalog for ideas, but there are no plans at the moment to put any more full-fledged albums out. We are looking at one-off songs, and in this streaming world that works because it’s a track-based world. There are a few gems out there that we may unearth individually over the next months and years.”

“We’ve done a lot of big idea projects and things aimed to attract new fans,” co-executor of Jackson’s estate John Branca told the paper. “Michael was so multifaceted and in trying to manage the brand we want to do things that capture each facet of who he was. But we start by thinking: What would Michael do?”

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 settembre 2018, 11:37

Immagine
Michael Jackson‏Verified account @michaeljackson ·

Michael launched the BAD tour in Japan at Korakunen Stadium in Tokyo on Sept 12, 1987 to a sold-out crowd of 38,000. One fans who attended, 18-year old named Ikuko Yamamoto, told a reporter “Even if I don’t understand the lyrics, his melodies go straight to my heart. He’s magic”

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 18 settembre 2018, 11:26

The following make me so angry. :???:

Charles Thomson Retweeted Darren Loki McGarvey
I was called by BBC Radio 5 Live the day after Conrad Murray's conviction: 'We're looking for someone to come on & say that despite Murray's conviction, Michael Jackson's reputation is still in tatters because of child abuse allegations. Is that something you could do for us?'
Charles Thomson added,

Darren Loki McGarvey @lokiscottishrap
I got dropped from a flagship BBC program the night before (after well over an hour of vetting and phone calls in the months prior) because - and I quote - I was "able to see issues from both sides". I went absolutely ballistic. https://twitter.com/jonronson/status/10 ... 2380525568

Charles Thomson‏ @CEThomson · 11h11 hours ago

Needless to say, I did not comply. Had a call booked in with @jermjackson5 later that week about something else & reported it to him. He was supremely fucked off, as anyone would be at the BBC soliciting talking heads to victim-blame their brother upon their killer's conviction.

Charles Thomson‏ @CEThomson · 11h11 hours ago
What other homicide victim would they ever dare do that to? Absolute fucking disgrace.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 settembre 2018, 8:55

Immagine
Verified account @michaeljackson

In September of 1993, Michael performed two concerts in Israel as part of the Dangerous World Tour. He visited two hospitals in the Tel Aviv area between his shows to cheer up cancer patients. Michael performed to over 170,000 people and touched the lives of countless others.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 settembre 2018, 10:58

MJJLegion ♕

@MJJLegion
8h8 hours ago
‘The Essential Michael Jackson’ album featuring 38 of Michael’s hit songs is currently #41 on the Billboard 200 Album Chart – the Biggest Percentage Gainer this week on the entire chart!

iTunes: https://apple.co/2uNW4IO
Spotify: https://spoti.fi/2NxJuZG

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 7 ottobre 2018, 11:59

Philipp Plein Held a Michael Jackson-Themed Spring 2019 Runway Show

by Shannon Adducci

Milan Fashion Week
Immagine

Winnie Harlow opened the Philipp Plein show in sky-high crystal thigh boots.
CREDIT: SWAN GALLET/WWD/REX/SHUTTERSTOCK

There may not have been an actual moonwalk, but Philipp Plein had almost everything else that was part of Michael Jackson’s style included in his spring ’19 show — which the German designer held Friday night during Milan Fashion Week.

After rapper Tekashi 6ix9ine opened the show with a performance (wearing a red, white, and blue American flag-themed jacket and pants), model Winnie Harlow walked out onto the runway with a pair of sky-high, crystal-studded and buckled thigh boots that set the tone for the night, which was over-the-top but nothing out of the ordinary for the ostentatious Plein.

Immagine

Set to an entire soundtrack of Michael Jackson’s songbook, including “Thriller,” “Black and White,” “Bad” and “Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough,” the following looks riffed on the wardrobe and notable accessories that the immortalized singer wore during his career.

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Models also included the dance duo Teo and Ayo, who went down the runway doing some of Jackson’s signature moves.

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 ottobre 2018, 10:27

Immagine

Oct 10, 2001 it was confirmed that MJ will perform on Oct 21 at “United We Stand – What More Can I Give”. A music spectacular to raise money in support of the recovery efforts from the September 11th attack on America. Read More: http://home.mj-upbeat.com/2016/10/10/today

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 11 ottobre 2018, 10:43

Immagine
MJ-Upbeat‏ @BonnieLamrock ·
October 11, 1997 While MJ’s HIStory concerts were seen in Cape Town, Johannesburg & Durban, all performances selling out, he became an honorary member of the Bafokeng Ka Bakwena (People of the Crocodile) tribe in Phokeng- Read More: http://home.mj-upbeat.com/2016/10/11/

Immagine
MJ-Upbeat‏ @BonnieLamrock ·
October 11th, 1989 - Michael goes back to school when he visits Room 8 at the Gardner Street Elementary School where he attended 6th grade as a child. - Read More Of Today's MJ History Here: http://home.mj-upbeat.com/2016/10/11

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 14 ottobre 2018, 11:02

Michael Jackson RARE Unheard Steve Harvey Radio Interview FULL UNCUT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW5poJg ... e=youtu.be

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 17 ottobre 2018, 10:33

Immagine
October 17th, 2001 - Michael Jackson’s publicist released a lineup of artists to participate in Jackson’s benefit single “What More Can I Give.” - See Video & Read More Of Today's MJ History: http://home.mj-upbeat.com/2016/10/17/to ... ober-17th/ … #MichaelJackson #mjfam #MOONWALKERS #mjeveryday #MJForever #mjj

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 19 ottobre 2018, 9:48

Remembering the Time Michael Jackson and George Harrison Reviewed New Tunes on BBC Radio 1

http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/m...XrGf2Rx5C7D.99

Click on the link below to hear the interview by the DJ of Michael Jackson and George Harrison

http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/m...-music-2145867

BBC Radio 1 turns 50 tomorrow (September 30). To mark the mega anniversary, the station is running a 3-day digital station called Radio 1 Vintage, featuring 50 one-hour themed nostalgic shows made up of archive material across Radio 1’s history. As part of the celebrations, NME is lucky enough to be able to share the above archive clip of Michael Jackson and George Harrison discussing Dave Edmunds’ ‘A.1. On The Jukebox’ on the Roundtable show in February 1979.
In this short but fascinating clip from the show, Dave Edmunds’s single from 1978 album ‘Tracks on Wax 4′ is under consideration. George Harrison remarks that it “reminds me straight off of The Everly Brothers’ ‘Walk Right Back’ speeded up a bit, except for the bridge”, calling it “pretty different” and “nice”.
Michael Jackson, meanwhile, says that the story “seems like rock’n’roll, kinda. It reminded me of an old tune when it kicked off, the style of the music. I like the story. but why did he end it with ‘I’m nowhere?'” Harrison then suggests that “it’s ‘nowhere on the charts’. It’s like a country/western type idea. It’s a good idea for a lyric.”

During the conversation the pair also discuss their shared love of Buddy Holly and Little Richard, and discuss writing their own material.
“Did you guys always write your own stuff?” asks Michael. “Yeah,” replies George, “well John and Paul wrote right from before we ever made records.”

“How did you manage that?” enquires Michael, to which George responds: “I don’t know – they were clever little fellas.” Listen to the recording in full above.

Read more at http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/m...XrGf2Rx5C7D.99
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwuBFwRp52o

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 ottobre 2018, 10:50

Immagine
NiwaLang‏ @NiwaLang

#OnThisDay in 2001 #MichaelJackson performs at RFK Stadium in #Washington, alongside many other artists and celebrities. The #UnitedWeStand concert was organized by MJ in #benefit of the victims of the 9/11, and featured an ensemble performance of his song "What More Can I give"

Immagine

October 21st, 2001 - Michael took over the stage again at the United We Stand – What More Can I Give concert in Washington at 1:00 p.m. in front of a sold-out audience of over 46,000 people. - Read more: http://home.mj-upbeat.com/2016/10/21/to ... ober-21st/

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 23 ottobre 2018, 11:09

Immagine
October 23, 1988 - MJ presents check for $125,000 to Esther G. Edwards, president of Motown Museum and Motown founder, Mr. Berry Gordy. Read more: http://home.mj-upbeat.com/2016/10/23/today

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 ottobre 2018, 15:26

Immagine
October 24th, 1993 – Michael arrives in Mexico to perform 5 concerts at Azteca Stadium from 29th October to 11th November. Seen Here with Mexico president Carlos Salinas & daughter. -Read More Of Today's MJ History Here: http://home.mj-upbeat.com/2016/10/24/to ... ober-24th/ … #MichaelJackson #mjfam #mjeveryday

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 ottobre 2018, 10:37

Immagine
1977 – The Cast of The Wiz hold a party in #MichaelJackson honor at the Studio 54 via @BonnieLamrock http://home.mj-upbeat.com/2016/10/25/to ... ober-25th/ … #ThrowbackThursday

October 26th, 2009 – THIS IS IT (The Music That Inspired The Movie) album was released internationally on October 26, and worldwide the following day. - Click Here To Read More: http://home.mj-upbeat.com/2016/10/26/to ... ober-26th/ … #MichaelJackson #mjfam #MOONWALKERS #mjeveryday #MJForever #mjj

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 28 ottobre 2018, 9:26

Immagine
Tomorrow) October 28th, 2008 Michael and his children do some shopping at Lladro in Los Angeles, Ca. - Click Here To Read More Of Today's MJ History: http://home.mj-upbeat.com/2016/10/28/to ... ober-28th/

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 9 novembre 2018, 15:28

Immagine
Michael Jackson ♛‏ @TheMJLegion

“I called it my giving tree because it inspires me… I’ve written so many songs from this tree. I wrote “Heal the World” in this tree, “Will you be there”, “Black or White”, “Childhood”. I think water balloon fights and climbing trees… those are two of my favorites.”

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 6 dicembre 2018, 9:01

Immagine
Michael Jackson on the 2018
@Billboard Year-End Charts

Top Catalog Artists: #4
Top R&B Albums Artists: #7
Top Billboard 200 Artists: #55
Top R&B Albums: #12 & #19
Top 200 Albums: #105 & #190
Top R&B/HipHop Albums: #51

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 18 gennaio 2019, 23:47

andjustice4some‏ @andjustice4some

30 years ago today, a lone gunman pulled up to an elementary school, pulled out an assault weapon and sprayed 106 bullets into the schoolyard, killing 5 children. Michael went to the school and hospital, distributing videotapes of Man in the Mirror. THIS IS THE MICHAEL WE KNOW.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 7 febbraio 2019, 21:11

Michael Jackson‏Verified account
On February 7, 1989, Michael Jackson visited Cleveland Elementary School in Stockton, CA to help offer solace to the survivors of the first mass shooting at a school in the United States. The visit “meant a lot” to the children affected by the
shooting.
Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 febbraio 2019, 21:16

ᴍʀs. ᴊᴀᴄᴋsᴏɴ‏ @RideTheBoogie
#MJfam FACT: After Ryan White's death, #MichaelJackson visited his mother at their home. He sat in the car he had gifted Ryan and turned it on. Man In The Mirror blasted over the speakers and Michael smiled with tears and said, "My song was the last song he listened to."
Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 16 febbraio 2019, 13:46

Keya Morgan‏ @KeyaMorgan
Why will the media not report this?? Michael Jackson's Dangerous tour in 1992-93 made $100 million & #MJ donated every penny to charity. He saved thousands of children, sick and poor. He was the savior of those who had no food, water, and medicine. He was a modern day Saint.
Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 28 febbraio 2019, 10:00

On July 25, 1998 Michael received the title of 5th Honorary Dan in Karate and President of Honor of the United World Karate Association.
Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 8 marzo 2019, 10:21

Rispondi