Random mentions concerning Michael

Michael Jackson's news in English. Your updated reference for Michael Jackson's news in English language from all around the world. Rumors, gossip and true facts. And a lot of Michael Jackson's beautiful pictures.
Rispondi
soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Re: Random mentions concerning Michael

Messaggio da soulmum » 30 agosto 2020, 11:04

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 3 settembre 2020, 13:03

Fisted handSCHOOLtheWORLD
@LibrarianGIRL85
#MJFAM
WOW I remember MJ talking about the ppl that were hurt & bleeding with the CROWD coming thru the big plate glass window. OMG
I never saw these pics befire.... What a crazy life
he experienced !! CRAZY

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 6 settembre 2020, 21:56

https://www.mjvibe.com/chris-brown-show ... s-artwork/
NEWS
CHRIS BROWN SHOWING OFF HIS MICHAEL JACKSON’S ARTWORK
SEPTEMBER 6, 2020
Immagine
Chris Brown, who has always been supporting Michael Jackson and tells people how he was inspired by the King of Pop, just posted a picture of himself from the back, wearing a MJ hoodie and looking at some MJ artworks in his home.
The picture was posted on Instagram with no comment.
In the last couple of months, Brown posted few pictures of the artwork of Michael Jackson decorating his home. This gives an overview of the tribute he set for Michael.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 8 settembre 2020, 17:00

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 settembre 2020, 11:29

Keen Zhang
@mkgenie

A new Michael Jackson bust made by a Chinese studio.

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 14 settembre 2020, 22:05

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 16 settembre 2020, 9:53

Shea
@litenine
Michael Jackson appearing in his Dangerous tour outfit for the last time in 2000 to be motion captured for the video game “Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2”

Immagine

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 16 settembre 2020, 21:45

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 17 settembre 2020, 9:07

I.L.I.A
@NotIliaMizani

38 year old album is Top 10 this week Crown

MJ Chart Data
@MJChartData
US Vinyl Albums:
Thriller – #10 (re)
Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 settembre 2020, 12:08

andjustice4some
@andjustice4some

There were 2200 reporters that attended the Michael Jackson trial in 2005. That's more than the OJ Simpson and Scott Peterson trials combined.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 settembre 2020, 8:26

#OnThisday September 23, 2005. #MichaelJackson was at the Dorchester Hotel in London to give a deposition for Marc Schaffel's application. His lawyers Thomas Mesereau and Michael Sydow accompanied him while Schaffel was accompanied by his lawyer Howard King

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 25 settembre 2020, 7:38

Travis Payne
Had never seen this image before! What a Blessing. Thanks for sharing Simon Shuman
Immagine
Michael.jackson fans is with Shahriar Nazim Shimanta and Shajidur Rahman Emon.

Who hasn't desperately tried in front of the TV screen to perform the dance step that blew the world away in the music video "Smooth criminal" where Michael leaned 45 degrees with his dancers!
Of course, Michael Jackson did not defy the laws of physics. Indeed, This feat is due to an invention of the King of Pop himself. He filed for this an inventor's patent for shoes specially designed to achieve the famous "anti-gravity lean". In fact, the shoes were rigged having a V-shaped hole in the heel for a nut on the ground to lodge in and block the shoes thus allowing Michael and his dancers to achieve the enormous illusion of anti -gravity.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 settembre 2020, 10:31

MJJJusticeProject #1Billion4MJ
@MJJJusticePrjct

Media tryin' to tell the public that Michael Jackson did not honor his black roots? Think Again- 1993 Superbowl performance he had this banner unfurled the length of the entire football field with GoodYear Blimp overhead capturing the image.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 28 settembre 2020, 18:26

MJ Chart Data
@MJChartData

“MJ currently holds a record for the longest span of top 40 singles on the Hot 100 in a span of 46 years and eight months, with his debuting solo single, "Got to Be There", entering the chart in 1971, and his posthumous duet with Drake, "Don't Matter to Me", charting in 2018.”

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 30 settembre 2020, 15:52

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 3 ottobre 2020, 8:11

LaVelle Smith Jr.

I always liked doing the "Motown Medley" and I could tell that Michael Jackson liked doing it too... Well, it seemed to bring back a lot of great memories for him.
I remember one night during the Medley I was singing pretty loud and I guess Michael heard me and turned looking at me during the performance. He gave me a big smile. After that, he came on backstage and said "LaVelle you have a great voice". I'll never forget that... Nowadays when I think about it, it still put a big smile on my face.
We truly love this man!

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 6 ottobre 2020, 16:13

"I knew Michael, and he really was a true musical genius and a fantastic performer,and really sweet sweet soul.I always thought he had the heart of an angel.." - Dolly Parton

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 8 ottobre 2020, 16:43

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 11 ottobre 2020, 10:11

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 12 ottobre 2020, 15:58

Library at Neverland where Michael formally proposed to Lisa Marie

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 16 ottobre 2020, 9:26

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 3 novembre 2020, 10:48

Infectious Groove Podcast
@Infectious_Pod

New episode out NOW! We talked to @tajjackson3 about everything #MichaelJackson. Listen & subscribe now.
Find us easily here:
https://linktr.ee/Infectiousgroovepodcast
Promos by @fromthemidpod, @BackTrackerUK, @MarriedwTV & #manscaped
@OddPodsMedia #PodNation

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 5 novembre 2020, 8:36

“You rock my world”
As part of the general celebration of the “Invincible” album which was released 19 years ago, tonight’s article is dedicated to the most popular song of the album and the one that is often characterized as the best song Michael has ever written. We are going to see behind the production and composition of the song, its lyrics and short film, while also taking an in depth look into the label dispute that resulted in the album’s lack of proper promotion and therefore lack of advertising and better sales.
“You rock my world” is the tenth song from Michael’s final studio album “Invincible” and was co-written, composed and produced by Michael and Rodney Jerkins. It was the lead single from the album, an album that was very promising since Michael was absent since 1997 in terms of discography, it was his first work during the 2000s and it was considered as a “career comeback”. He decided to work with several new people who knew the new genres and what young people liked to listen to at the time, in order to succeed in having a combination of his traditional sound along with a new 'edgier” one. And that’s why many songs on the album include a rap version.
Before we continue with the lyrics and the short film, we think it’s necessary to refer to the label dispute that occurred between Michael and Sony and the repercussions it had on Michael’s life in general. Since “Invincible” was considered as a cornerstone of Michael’s comeback, the plan for it was to have a huge promotion but conflicts that arose between Michael and Sony left the album with little or- we think it’s safe to say- no promotion to swim in the deep waters of 2000s. In simple words, Michael accused the head of Sony, Tommy Mottola of being a “devil” and a “racist” who never gave a damn about his artists, especially the African-American ones, only using them for personal gain and money. In a heavy speech, he stated that he was a slave of his own contract, that as an artist he did not have control of his career and couldn’t decide for himself. Several of his ideas for single releases were thrown out and he was pressured to embark on a tour when he actually did not want to He referred to past artists that were obliged to tour and followed their label’s orders because otherwise they would be broke. He did not have the rights to his past releases and the lawyer that he had hired to be responsible for acquiring them was also working for Sony, which showed conflict of interests but even more, it showed Sony’s plan to “imprison” Michael forever in their effort to keep their company, since Michael owned half of it even shortly before his death. The album was eventually a commercial success even without the proper promotion or the one that was initially planned, but it was met with criticism with regards to if it was Jackson’s best material. Indeed, Sony kept Michael a prisoner for the rest of his life, using the rights to his catalogue that he owned as a threat so that he agreed to embark on the “This is it” tour. Although this is a very important statement and impossible to be fully covered here, we will soon write an article about it, as many aspects of it are unfolded even until today.
Now going back to “You rock my world”, which is the center of our attention for tonight, the lyrics pertain to a love affair that has changed and positively affected every aspect of Michael’s life. More specifically, he sings that his life “will never be the same” and that this girl changed “the way I walk, the way I talk” so much so that he has “finally found her perfect love is mine”. As the song progresses to the chorus we hear the phrase “You rocked my world, you know you did” which even by itself shows that this woman has completely changed Michael’s landscape that has given a new meaning to his life. He later sings that “I waited patiently”, hinting us that waiting for the right kind of love to enter your life is not an easy task but you will certainly know it when it does. The chorus is repeated several times until the end of the song and shows Michael’s deep affection for his new love. In the CD version, Chris Tucker and Michael have a brief and funny conversation where Chris urges Michael to show him if he can really “get that girl”.
The short film was directed by Paul Hunter and its beginning resembles that of the mafia movies where mysterious music is heard and credits are being shown before we get to the main scene. Michael and Chris Tucker sit in a Chinese restaurant and discuss who will pay for the food while watching the women who are passing by. When a Latino woman with a green dress passes by, Michael is mesmerized and agrees with Chris to pursue her to the bar she’s heading to. In his effort to win her affection, he is being noticed by the gang’s leader who is closely monitoring Michael along with the rest of the gang. Michael, then, appears on the small stage of the bar and the song starts. As he attempts to show his dominance in a pretty hostile environment, one of the gang members says “This kid wants to die”, hinting that whoever goes against their will faces consequences. Michael and the woman wander across the bar where they dance with each other or show affection, while Chris has fun with his own clan imitating some of Michael’s best moves. In a scene that pretty much reminds us of “The Godfather”, the boss portrayed by Marlon Brando is informed by an associate portrayed by his son and Michael’s longtime bodyguard Miko Brando of the fuss happening downstairs. Michael later descends the stairs and dances with a female dancer who’s actually portraying him. During the bridge of the song, he goes on top of the bar and smashes bottles and glasses and manages to get the leader’s attention who also breaks a bottle, stops the music and threatens Michael. He is joined by his own “gang” of dancers and engage in various dance breaks after being challenged and taunted by the gang members with phrases like “That’s all you got? That ain’t nothing, you ain’t nothing!” During the dance breaks, Michael knocks down several of the gang members, tossing down one that attacked him with a knife and punching the leader in the face who subsequently knocks over a lamp, starting a fire. Michael screams at Chris to “Get the girl!” and before he escapes, he encounters the boss telling him “I know who you are”. Michael and the girl meet outside, share a kiss and Chris helps them escape with a car, leaving the bar consumed in flames behind them. The choreography that Michael presented in the video shows once more what a pioneer he was using everything around him as a tool, including the sounds of glass, broom, cigarettes, shoe brush and other things to form a melody.
The song received a Grammy nomination for “Best Pop Vocal Performance-Male” and won an NAACP Image Award for “Outstanding Music Video”. It was performed twice during the 30th anniversary concerts in Madison Square Garden, where he was joined on stage by Usher and Chris Tucker. It was the only song from “Invincible” that was performed live in its entirety and it was supposed to be performed at the “This is it” tour as well, on certain days replacing “The way you make me feel”. Our dearest MJ will always be remembered for his art that so generously offered to the world, even if Sony has tried, still tries and will continue to try to throw mud on his legacy.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 8 novembre 2020, 11:15

Rod Temperton Music
@TempertonMusic

‘E.T. the Extra Terrestrial’ audiobook and soundtrack album celebrates its #38thanniversary today. Narrated by Michael Jackson, produced by Quincy Jones, music by John Williams. Original song written by Alan and Marilyn Bergman, and Rod Temperton.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 9 novembre 2020, 14:10

“We did 91 mixes for Billie Jean, the one that made the album was mix 2!”

- Bruce Swedien

Michael Jackson
Michael Jackson Charts
@MJJCharts

Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' re-enters the top 40 on this week’s Billboard 200 with over 15K sold.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 novembre 2020, 15:34

MICHAEL JACKSON Sales-Charts-Statistics
@Pierpinto

BILLBOARD Top 200 Albums
THRILLER re-enters the Top 40 for the first time since 1984*
THRILLER #38 (+20)
last 6 weeks ; 146-114-82-77-58-38-
* It actually appeared for the last time in the Top 40 in 2009, when Billboard used to exclude catalogue albums from the main chart.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 12 novembre 2020, 9:27

☆ On 11th November,2001 - Figures revealed that "Invincible" had sold an astonishing 4.4 million copies worldwide - in just 2 weeks!!!
Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 14 novembre 2020, 7:55

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 17 novembre 2020, 12:26

"I was just finishing the second solo when Michael walked in. I didn't know how he would react to what I was doing. And so he gave it a listen, and he turned to me and went, "Wow, thank you so much for having the passion to not just come in and blaze a solo, but to actually care about the song, and make it better." Eddie Van Halen
Source: https://cnn.it/369j7S3

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 novembre 2020, 12:12

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... LLION.html

In Michael Jackson's collection, fans can fight over his classic, custom made Swarovski Crystal glove created by Bill Whitten.

The glove is adorned with hand-sewn Swarovski lochrosen crystals and worn by the King of Pop during many of his high-profile performances.

'Michael Jackson memorabilia is some of the most collectible celebrity memorabilia in the world, and pieces attributed to Bill Whitten can be considered at the top of the tier due to the rarity and quality of the items,' GWS Auctions wrote.

'A similar glove made by Bill Whitten recently sold at an August auction for $112,500.'

The glove as a minimum bidding price of $5,000.

Immagine

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 novembre 2020, 20:44

Today in Michael Jackson History November 20th
2004 - Brian Michael Stoller’s comedy Miss Cast Away featuring Michael is released on DVD.
As the film opens, a plane carrying beauty contestants has crash-landed on a deserted island. Captain Maximus Powers (Roberts) and co-pilot Mike Saunders (Schlatter) have to take care of their passengers, while also avoiding the dangers of Jurassic Pork (a giant prehistoric pig) and a group of apes who are busy building an ark.
Agent M.J. (Jackson) arrives in the midst of them, having been sent by the Vatican to manipulate them to the Vatican’s own purposes.
Bryan Michael Stoller was given permission to shoot Michael Jackson’s scenes at Neverland Ranch. He later said that while this was exciting to be given such a rare privilege, it presented its disruptions to the filming process at times. In an MTV interview, he said:
“It’s his home. It’s all normal to him that there’s a train running around the property tooting its horn,” the director recalled of a noisy interruption that appears among the DVD’s bonus features. “[Another time] his staff brought us soup, so we were sipping soup and talking, and these two elephants walk by outside. Michael’s continuing to sip his soup like a fly flew by, and I turn to Michael and look at him and he’s not even acknowledging the elephants.”
Also......
1974 - The Jackson 5ive perform a concert in Las Vegas, Nevada during the quintet’s first World Tour.
1979 - The Jacksons perform Destiny tour in Columbus, Georgia
1987 - Michael perform BAD tour at Parramatta Stadium in Sydney, Australia.
2000 - The entertainer attends the birthday party of Rabbi Shmuley Boteach in Englewood, New Jersey, USA, and meets young Elissa Mingino, a 7-year old girl suffering from leukaemia. Her biggest dream was to meet with her favourite singer: Michael Jackson.
2003 - Several wireless microphones were discovered outside the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Department headquarters. This was the same day that Michael Jackson surrendered on charges of child molestation. The microphones had been found in an area typically sued by employees during their break.
MJ-UPBEAT

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 novembre 2020, 8:44

”There was a very deep strong love there; intense.” - lisa marie presley

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 25 novembre 2020, 8:56

We've Had Enough by Michael Jackson is currently #1 on iTunes in Mongolia

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 novembre 2020, 9:13

MJNEWS & King of Shop
@MJKingofshop

Michael Jackson's DANGEROUS album turns 29 today! Dangerous is one of the best-selling albums of all time having sold over 32 million copies worldwide, and was certified 8× platinum.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 30 novembre 2020, 11:01

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 30 novembre 2020, 11:05

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 8 dicembre 2020, 11:11

“It's useless for you to keep stepping on Michael Jackson.
That man you despise so much has been the salvation of many " - Steve Jobs (co-founder of Apple Inc.)

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 9 dicembre 2020, 9:14

Michael Jackson Charts
@MJJCharts

Michael Jackson's "They Don't Care About Us (Brazil Version)" has now gained an estimated 100 million views on YouTube in 2020 alone.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 dicembre 2020, 14:11

Barry Gibb has revealed he once had to “politely” ask Michael Jackson to leave his house, after overstaying his welcome because he “didn’t know who his friends were”.
The Bee Gees star worked with Michael Jackson in 2002, shortly after the initial invasion of Iraq, with the pair writing a song responding to the conflict. However, Gibb suspected that Michael Jackson had ulterior motives while collaborating.
“We sat around in my lounge for days at a time, just having fun, not really writing songs,” Gibb recalled to The Guardian. “We came up with one, ‘All in My Name’, but we were never that serious about it. I think Michael was just trying to escape the legal environment he was trapped in, he was visiting people he knew that he could relate to, because he didn’t know who his friends were.”
In 2002, Michael Jackson was also involved in a high-profile battle with his record label Sony at the time.
Barry Gibb remembered that Michael Jackson’s presence in his home soon became a problem for him and his family.
He remembered: “He started to hang out at the house all the time and I had to get up in the morning; I’m 12 years older than him, I had to take my kids to school. At some point, I said: ‘Michael, wherever it is you’re going, you’ve got to go.’ So I politely asked Michael Jackson to leave my house because I couldn’t get anything else done.”
Barry Gibb is the last surviving Bee Gee following the deaths of his brothers Robin, in 2012, and Maurice, in 2003. Their youngest brother Andy, who performed solo, died in 1988.
Sadly another "friend" who turn back at him for some reasons...
Source by The Independent

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 19 dicembre 2020, 16:16

"The opening sound character for "Dirty Diana," for example, was created by Denny Jaeger, a Synclavier expert and designer from the Bay Area. When Jackson heard about Jaeger and his library of new sound characters and soundscapes, he reached out and enlisted him for Bad." Joseph Vogal
Source: https://bit.ly/3d0whSJ

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 dicembre 2020, 8:38

Jonathan Sugarfoot Moffett first worked with #MichaelJackson when he joined The Jacksons on their Destiny Tour in 1979. He remained with the brothers for the Triumph Tour – where his work was immortalised on the Jacksons’ only live album – and then joined them on their legendary Victory Tour. He later played on the Jacksons’ album 2300 Jackson Street and on Michael’s 1988 Grammy Awards performance.
Throughout the 1980s and 1990s he worked with other music legends including Madonna, Elton John and George Michael. In 1996 he re-teamed with Michael Jackson for the HIStory World Tour, which lasted into 1997, and then joined him again in 2001 for his two 30th Anniversary Celebration concerts at Madison Square Gardens in New York.
In 2009 he was selected for the This Is It band and worked with Michael in his final weeks, days and hours of rehearsals. He performed at Michael’s Staples Centre memorial and has since worked for his Estate on its Cirque Du Soleil Immortal World Tour.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 dicembre 2020, 8:18

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 dicembre 2020, 20:52

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 dicembre 2020, 20:02

When Michael Jackson's Ranch Neverland first went on sale in 2015, six years after Michael Jackson's moved, the starting price was $ 100 million, no buyer expressed interest until December 24, 2020 when in a note from Katherine Clarke to The Wall Street Journal it revealed that the Los Olivos, California property renamed Sycamore Valley Ranch was sold for just $ 22 million to billionaire Ron Burkle.
Ron Burkle served as Michael Jackson's adviser in the mid-2000s, and is known as an architectural lover and has owned several world-famous houses, including Ennis House in Los Angeles, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, which he sold for $ 18 million last year, after completing a $ 10 million restoration project. Neverland (Sycamore Valley Ranch) is its newest and most significant real estate company.
#MichaelJackson bought the Sycamore Vally Ranch in February 1988 and soon renamed it “Neverland Valley” in honor of the famous island of Peter Pan and inspired by the tale by JM Barrie.
Source : MJBeats
https://mjbeats.com.br/rancho-neverland-de-michael...

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 27 dicembre 2020, 9:12

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 28 dicembre 2020, 9:18

https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/201 ... ium=social

For the whole story please click on the link.

What's your favorite story from the Home Alone era?
Michael Jackson came to visit the set of Home Alone 2. That was a pretty memorable day.

Please go on.
It was a Saturday rehearsal, we were just rehearsing a small scene. It was us running out of the house getting into our vans. When I got out of the transport van, Macaulay came up to me and said, “Come here, I want you to meet somebody.” He wouldn't tell me who, but he was very excited. I followed him into the back of one of the prop airport vans that was there, and in the backseat of the van was Michael Jackson—long gray overcoat and gray fedora and sunglasses. This is seven o'clock in the morning on a Saturday, in February, in the middle of Illinois. I didn’t know what to do or say. But suddenly I'm shaking Michael Jackson’s hand without the glove on. What do I say? I said “Hi, I’m Devin and I play Buzz.” He said, “I know, it’s a real pleasure to meet you!” And I just stood there and I said “Yes, Michael Jackson, it is a real pleasure to meet me.” That kind of made him smile. I was able to make him laugh and that brought his guard down a little.

The only thing I thought to say, I had brought my video camera with me—I was making my own sort of documentary behind the scenes and had this big VHS 1992 video camera and I just said out loud, “Hey, do you think I could interview you later on camera?” He said as long as Macaulay was there. So later, while we were waiting to do another rehearsal running out of the house, Michael comes into the house to use the bathroom. Macaulay said it would be a good time to ask him some questions, so I asked him some questions on camera. I’ve had that tape for like twenty years.

“suddenly I'm shaking Michael Jackson’s hand without the glove on. What do I say? ‘Hi, I’m Devin and I play Buzz.’”
Wow.
Yeah I never showed it to anybody.

I was going to say, have there been plans to try and turn that into something for the public or are you just trying to keep it for yourself?
I was keeping it mostly for myself. It wasn't until Michael passed away that Entertainment Tonight contacted me. They'd heard rumors of me having this tape. I thought now would be a good time to pay tribute to the man. I didn't want to profit from it, you know? I didn’t accept money or anything. I just thought it would be a good time for a tribute because nobody had ever seen it before—it was just sort of my little piece of history and my connection with Michael.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 31 dicembre 2020, 16:14

Michael Jackson Charts
@MJJCharts

Billboard Year-End 2020: (3/3)

Top Artists:

#94 - Michael Jackson

Top Billboard 200 Artists:

#51 - Michael Jackson

Top Catalog Artists:

#9 - Michael Jackson

Top R&B Albums Artists:

#8 - Michael Jackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 5 gennaio 2021, 9:16

Michael Jackson Charts
@MJJCharts

Michael Jackson's 'Number Ones' was the 39th best-selling album in the UK in 2020.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 9 gennaio 2021, 7:25

”When our marriage ended I wanted to call a press conference
and tell everyone what had really happened. That my heart got broken. I was deeply disturbed and shattered because I truly was
in love with Michael.” #LisaMariePresley

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 9 gennaio 2021, 21:24

Michael loved sushi, "says Mr. Nobuyoshi Kuraoka, owner of the Nippon restaurant. According to him, Michael Jackson ordered sushi most days during his New York recording session in 1995.
Mr. Kuraoka vividly remembers the first time he received a take out order from the King of Pop calling himself from his transit van. "I'll be there in 7 minutes and I'd like to order the Toro, salmon and tuna sandwiches, please." Mr. Kuraoka had to ask him to allow his staff at least 15 minutes for the next time. From the next day, as requested, Michael called exactly 15 minutes before his van arrived at the restaurant. He always greeted from inside the van as his assistant came to collect the order.
One day, Michael and his staff had lunch in a private room at the restaurant. When Mr. Kuraoka and his wife Eiko went to greet him after the meal, Michael hit them by singing "Sakura, Sakura" (one of the best known children's songs about cherry blossoms) in Japanese. Michael told Mr. Kuraoka he learned a lot of Japanese songs for children while touring Japan. Mr. Kuraoka asked Michael why he chose "Sakura Sakura" out of many. He replied "It's very mysterious, you know?" then he smiled at Mr. Kuraoka.

Rispondi