Remembering MJ on his birthday 2016

Michael Jackson's news in English. Your updated reference for Michael Jackson's news in English language from all around the world. Rumors, gossip and true facts. And a lot of Michael Jackson's beautiful pictures.
Rispondi
soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Remembering MJ on his birthday 2016

Messaggio da soulmum » 25 agosto 2016, 9:51

Happy Birthday" Flowers to Michael Jackson at Holly Terrace from Taiwan Fans
Immagine

Dash Radio @dash_radio

Ready to celebrate #MichaelJackson with us this week? Stay tuned for his pop-up station! http://dashradio.com

Gary, Indiana ‏@TeamGaryIndiana

The 7th Annual Michael Jackson Tribute 2016 Friday & Saturday August 26th-27th!!
Immagine

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Re: Remembering MJ on his birthday 2016

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 agosto 2016, 11:52

RADIO 54 ‏@Radio54Online

Fiquem ligados! Domingo 16h #MichaelJackson Day! Apoio @SiteMJBrasil ⚡️Next Sunday 4pm Brazil time zone!MJ Day
Immagine

Vh1 India ‏@Vh1India

Tune into #Vh1RememberTheTimeto follow Michael Jackson through time.
29th August | 12pm and 6pm!
Video:https://twitter.com/Vh1India/status/767669813976047616

http://www.nwitimes.com/entertainmen...72df1b9a4.html

Michael Jackson's hometown celebrates with Tribute

The importance of Gary when it comes to the Jackson family legacy was made evident to Dinahlynn Biggs, host of the annual Michael Jackson Tribute, when she hosted the event two years ago.

“I had 12 microphones that were streaming the event to other countries,” she recalled. “And when I went out into the crowd, I saw people that were from as far away as Poland. I saw a guy that was on military leave from Saudi Arabia. He set his leave time to be able to attend.

“I was so overwhelmed because of the amount of people that came from other countries, people from all races,” she added. “Being a person that grew up in Gary, I thought it was great for the community.”

Running Friday and Saturday at Theodore Roosevelt High School Football Field, the 2016 tribute is the seventh annual event. Following the passing of the King of Pop in 2009, Katherine Jackson founded the annual Tribute in the family’s hometown. The performer's birthday is Monday. He would have been 58.

This year, the festival powers that be are returning the favor. The 2016 tribute is in honor of the Jackson family matriarch, who turned 86 in May and is scheduled to make her way to Gary for the two-day event.

The importance of Katherine Jackson on her superstar son and his famous siblings, Biggs said, cannot be overstated.

“She was the one that he could always go to,” Biggs said. “You know how you have that one person in your family who’s the disciplinarian or the judgmental one. Mrs. Jackson seems to me to have been the one that, under any circumstances, she always had that ear there for him.”

The program director as well as the on-air host of numerous shows on Region radio station WLTH (1370 AM) who, along with community programs, has hosted the likes of Jerry Butler, The Chi-Lites and Gene Chandler over her airwaves, Biggs hosted the 2014 Jackson tribute. Biggs has also attended every Jackson tribute since its inception seven years ago.

The host is grateful that Katherine Jackson looked to her former Indiana stomping grounds for her son’s annual tribute.

“They have these kind of events all across the country,” Biggs said. "Mrs. Jackson could have stayed in California and had this event there as opposed to coming to Gary. The importance of her wanting to come back to Gary, to come back home and have this, is a great thing for the city and the people.”

“A lot of people shy away from wanting to come and visit Gary, but when it’s the Michael Jackson celebration, I think all stops are pulled out,” she continued. “There have not been any incidents. There has not been any trouble. Everybody has gathered for the primary cause of paying tribute to Michael Jackson and his music.”

Marshall Thompson, co-founder of the veteran soul/R&B group The Chi-Lites, is a longtime supporter of the Jackson family and their annual Michael Jackson tribute.

A veteran performer and songsmith whose hits include “Oh Girl” and “Have You Seen Her,” Thompson, who resides in Chicago’s southwest suburbs, made the acquaintance of patriarch Joe Jackson and his young performing sons in the mid-'60s, when both the Chi-Lites and the Jackson 5 were making names for themselves on Chicago’s South Side.

“I didn’t have any money then, and they didn’t have any money then,” Thompson recalled. “We were all struggling at the time together and we were all out playing those clubs in Chicago at 69th and Halsted.”

His friendship with the family continued once the Jackson 5 became music and pop culture sensations in the '70s.

“When they made it (successful), every year, I’d go out to the house,” Thompson said. “I was there when their house was small when they were just getting started and I was there when the house got bigger. It was just like being part of the family.”

Thompson, unfortunately, is unable to perform at this year’s tribute due to a contractual obligation with a Region-based venue. He is planning, though, to make his way to Gary to enjoy the festivities on the other side of the stage.

“I would perform for nothing if I could,” he said. “We’re like family. I’m always behind the Jacksons.”

This year, Biggs is sharing hosting duties with Mike “Big Mike Rob” Robertson, an East Coast-based talent scout and artist development executive who hosted last year’s event.

Highlights of this year’s festival include a performance by Tito Jackson who, after more than four decades of service with the Jackson Five and the Jacksons, will release his full-length solo debut, “Tito Time,” in the fall. A single featuring hip-hop icon Big Daddy Kane, “Get it Baby,” hit the airwaves in June.

Jackson is scheduled to close out the festivities at 7 p.m. Saturday.

Michael Jackson dance and singing contests are also scheduled for both days of the festival. The tribute also will include performances by Michael Jackson child tribute artists Ziyanne and Angel, violinist Sassy Bow Flow, R&B songstresses Womack Sisters and R&B/popsters 4EY The Future.

“There are a lot of surprises planned,” Biggs said. “Other celebrities from across the country have been reaching out and they want to come and be a part of this event.”

“You’ll see people who are 80, 90 years old in the crowd wiggling to Jackson’s music and absorbing what he’s created for us,” she added.

FYI: The seventh annual Michael Jackson Tribute will be from noon to 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday at Theodore Roosevelt High School Football Field, 730 W. 25th St., Gary. Admission is free. Call (219) 252-2877 or visit facebook.com/events/692730297543039 for more information.

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 27 agosto 2016, 11:02

Questlove’s Remember The Time Michael Jackson Tribute In LA

https://vallieegirl67.com/2016/08/26...tribute-in-la/

Posted on August 26, 2016​ by MJ WAS A CUTIE PIE​

This Saturday, August 27th, DJ Questlove​ joins Kiss-n-Grind to celebrate the life and musical legacy of Michael Jackson at the Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills. Get your tickets today!

Reserved Seating is only available with Bottle Service. For bottle service pricing please e-mail us e-mail us at BottleService@kissngrind.com​. You must be 21 and over to attend.

WHEN: Saturday, August 27, 2016 from 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM (PDT)

WHERE: Rivera 31 at the Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills​ – 8555 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90048 – View Map​

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 27 agosto 2016, 17:33

foochan ‏@rockwithfoo
Immagine

Kerry Hennigan ‏@kerryhennigan
Office party for @michaeljackson on Fri 26th (coz nobody feels like partying at work on a Monday!) #happybirthdayMJ
Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 28 agosto 2016, 8:33

‎Robyn Starkand‎ to One Rose for Michael J. Jackson

Red roses are given to those who you want to show love and passion, people who you have great respect for, and those who have shown great courage. The quantity can also have a special meaning. A single red rose shows love, a dozen shows gratitude, twenty-five shows congratulations and fifty show unconditional love.
We Love you For All Time unconditionally.. Happy Birthday Michael
from One Rose for Michael J. Jackson....

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 29 agosto 2016, 10:01

Vh1 India ‏@Vh1India

Tune into #Vh1RememberTheTime
29th August | 12pm and 6pm!
Immagine

Jennifer Thompson ‏@IndyThompson 13 Std.Vor 13 Stunden Fishers, IN

Michael Jackson is ON @Indy_Symphony #SOTP - look at this crowd!!!
Immagine
Immagine

Indianapolis
https://www.indianapolissymphony.org...on-the-prairie

Who's Bad tribute act had 2 night there
WHO'S BAD: MUSIC OF MICHAEL JACKSON

Friday, August 26 - College Night!
Saturday, August 27

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 30 agosto 2016, 9:01

parisjackson love this.. proud of you big brother. and happy birthday to the man that means more to us than anything and anyone ever could.

TJ Jackson ‏@tjjackson
The greatest entertainer of all time happened to be the greatest Uncle of all time. I love you Uncle Michael.

Steve Harvey‏ @IAmSteveHarvey
Happy Birthday MJ! We miss you! #Throwback

The Chosen One‏ @KidCudi
Forever inspired by Michael Jackson

rodneyjerkins The way he thought, the way he wrote, the way he danced, the way he sang, the way he cared about so many others, says it all! Happy Birthday Michael! The Greatest to ever do it! You did so many important things for the world, for music, for others but nothing is more important than knowing you accepted Christ into your heart! Love and miss u MJ! #happybirthdaymichae l #kingofpop #humanatarian #rip

Estelle‏ @EstelleDarlings
Happy birthday to the King. MJ It's awesome to have grown up during his musical reign. ������ (link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BJtLAVTAgQ4/) instagram.com/p/BJtLAVTAgQ4/

Paris Hilton‏ @ParisHilton
Miss you Michael! Think of you often❤️ Such a special sweet soul��Love you lots! #HappyBirthdayMichae lJackson �� ��

Immagine

Usher Raymond IV ‏@Usher
Happy Birthday �� #WeMissYouMichael

Singer Shanice
Happy birthday to The King Of Pop! After he passed I was asked to sing on his record Behind The Mask.. At first I couldn't sing because I felt too emotional but I'm so glad I got through it.. This recording is something I can hold to for life.. We Love You Michael RIP

Marie Osmond ✔ @marieosmond
Whether U grew up in the '60s,'70s,'80s... #MichaelJackson remains the #KingOfPop! Happy 58th! ��

Donny Osmond on IG:

I've been thinking a lot about my friend Michael Jackson on his birthday today. One of my favorite memories with him was in 1974 right after we presented at the very first #AmericanMusicAwards . After the ceremony, Mike turned to me and said, "Are you hungry?" We hopped in our limo, drove over to Jack in the Box and ordered a whole bunch of tacos. We opened up the top of the limo, stuck our heads out and drove down Sunset Boulevard eating tacos and laughing our heads off. Mike and I had a lot in common and had the greatest conversations about life. We were both the seventh of nine children. We both performed in a group with our brothers and our mother's even shared a birthday. He understood the unique pressures and expectations of the entertainment business that became our reality at a very young age. He would tell me that I was the only person on the planet who understood exactly what he went through in his childhood. I could say the same thing about him. I sure miss him and I'm excited to see him again someday. Mike was a true genius. He might be gone, but his legacy and his music will never die. Happy birthday, friend. #MichaelJacksonDay #HBDMJ #MichaelJackson #MJ #KingofPop

TEDDY RILEY‏ @teddyriley1
I liked a @youtube video (link: ) youtu.be/7qhJ-PSoKYU?a HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAEL JACKSON | 2016 Tribute

Twitter Moments: Michael Jackson would've been 58 today

The King of Pop was born on August 29, 1958 in Gary, Indiana. Here's how his family, friends and others are remembering the icon on his birthday.
IN MEMORIAM

Ciara‏ @Ciara
HBD To My Greatest Inspiration. The King. #MJ

Vogue Magazine‏ @VOGUEmagazine
Michael Jackson was always ahead of his time, so it’s no wonder that his wardrobe continues to inspire us now.

ESSENCE‏ @essence
Happy birthday to the King of Pop, we miss you! #MichaelJackson

VH1‏ @VH1
Happy Birthday to the King Of Pop �� | #MichaelJackson

Rolling StoneVerified account ‏@RollingStone 44m44 minutes ago
Michael Jackson would have turned 58 today. Learn the stories behind his greatest videos http://rol.st/2c3aDgH

Forbes Showbiz ‏@ForbesShowbiz 2m2 minutes ago
Why Michael Jackson will earn more than any musician in history this year: http://www.forbes.com/sites/zackomalley ... 4f5c7a3b11

B. ScottVerified account ‏@lovebscott 4h4 hours ago
Long live the King! Happy Birthday to #MichaelJackson. Today would have been his 58th.

La Toya Jackson ‏@latoyajackson 7m7 minutes ago

Happy birthday to the most #loving #kindhearted #talented #brother in the #world! Love U
Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 31 agosto 2016, 9:34

pic posted by the Guggenheim museum Bilbao, Spain.
https://twitter.com/MuseoGuggenheim
Immagine

Wesley Snipes ‏@wesleysnipes

The golden smile from my late friend MJ
Immagine

Immagine

Lovely tribute cards and art at Michael's Gary home, thanks to Brenda Jenkyns

For more see ~ https://www.facebook.com/mjeverafter...1336134
Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

29. August 2016 MJ's Legacy Memorial Munich Help The Children
❤️ Happy 58th Birtday Michael Jackson ❤️
#Love #MichaelJackson
Immagine
Immagine

one caress ‏@finnpwittrock 29. Aug.

@michaeljackson happy birthday mike. love you, miss you even more.
Immagine
Immagine
Immagine
Naples - Italy

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 31 agosto 2016, 15:05

'The myth, the legend and the man': Prince Jackson pens heartfelt poem as he leads tributes on what would have been Michael Jackson's 58th birthday

By Justin Enriquez For Dailymail.com

Published: 23:19 GMT, 29 August 2016 | Updated: 01:19 GMT, 30 August 2016

Michael Jackson would have been 58-years-old today.

But his spirit is being kept alive and well by his famous friends, family and children.

Several took to social media on Monday to honor the fallen King Of Pop on his birthday including his son Prince.
Immagine
The 19-year-old may gave posted the most touching tribute of all as he shared a poem he had written about his father titled The Myth, The Legend, The Man.

He penned it under his legal name - Michael Jackson Jr. - as he said many touching things including: 'The many know the Legend and the Myth, A lucky few know the man as he is But not as the Jackson family fifth.'

Prince goes on to say that a lucky few knew him as a son, brother and father.
The Myth, The Legend, The Man by Michael Jackson Jr.

To many he is king, to me, a man

All he inspires, to lead a noble cause.

Everyone is family, not a fan

Even while receiving thunderous applause.

The many know the Legend and the Myth,

A lucky few know the Man as he is

But not as the Jackson family fifth.

'Son, Brother, Father,' these few know him as.

He is the Myth, the Legend

the Man.

He cares for his mother and his children,

The world and everyone, he is a lamb.

He is pure, tested, yet has forgiven.

He is the archangel known as Michael

He is with us and our tears we must stifle.
Immagine

Immagine
Longtime friendship: Madonna was one of the many A-listers who paid tribute as she posted this collage

Immagine

'Miss & love you lots': Paris Hilton also posted about the King Of Pop

His younger sister Paris definitely loved the heartfelt note as she reposted it.

Along with an image of the poem, the 18-year-old wrote: 'love this.. proud of you big brother. and happy birthday to the man that means more to us than anything and anyone ever could.'

The Jackson children were not the only one that paid tribute to Michael as Madonna, Paris Hilton, Rob Thomas, Wyclef Jean, Reverend Al Sharpton and La Toya Jackson also took to social media.

Immagine

Immagine

Madonna, 58, took posted a collage of the two of them throrugh their careers with a caption: Happy Birthday to this wonderful and glorious creature!! The King [crown emoji]! Gone too soon! [several heart emojis].'

Paris Hilton, 35, wrote: 'Happy Birthday #MichaelJackson! Knew you since I was born & you were amazing light in my life. Miss & love you lots.'

Michael Jackson died of cardiac arrest back in June 2009. He was 50 at the time.

Immagine

Immagine

It's a hot one: Matchbox Twenty's Rob Thomas showed off that he was listening to classic Don't Stop Til You Get Enough

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... z4IumHJuQ0

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 1 settembre 2016, 9:38

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburb...829-story.html

Fans celebrate Michael Jackson's 58th birthday
Immagine
A Michael Jackson impersonator strolled around with an umbrella as a woman played Jackson's music from her car. Meanwhile, Keita Sa'ad hung up a string of heart-shaped photos of the singer on the fence around Jackson's childhood home Monday.

Young students from a Cleveland, Ohio, charter school wrote messages on the backs of the photos for Sa'ad to bring to Gary on what would have been Jackson's 58th birthday Monday. Sa'ad introduced the children to his music in the before- and after-school program at the charter school, Sa'ad said. The children, ages 5-10, were excited for Sa'ad to bring their messages to the home at 2300 Jackson St., she said.

"I can't wait to take the pictures and let them see them," she said.

Sylvia Walker and Tenita Coleman have made the trip to Jackson's home before from Chicago, but this time they brought Coleman's daughter, 13-month-old Tabitha, who they say is becoming a young Jackson fan herself. Each visit, they like to take photos together by the home, they said.

Siren Van Tighem made the trip from Alberta, Canada, to visit Jackson's home Monday after wanting to visit since Jackson's death seven years ago.

"I've always loved his music and admired him, but after he passed away, I took a closer look at him as a human being and learned a lot about what he was really doing here on the planet," Tighem said.

Van Tighem appreciates Jackson's humanitarianism, she said, and his "beautiful way of living and caring about other people on the planet and being a demonstration for the beauty of the human spirit."

"It changed my life," Van Tighem said. "It made me want to be a better person."
Immagine
Fans came and went from the home Monday, dressed in shirts with pictures of the singer, placing cards on the fence and sharing stories about the singer.
Immagine
Immagine
Immagine
Immagine
Immagine
From italian's fans we bought the flowers and used a percentage of the fundraising to buid a well in kenya with a plaque in honor of Michael

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 2 settembre 2016, 9:55

Video: A Mumbai Couple Brought 45 Children from Around the World Together for a Michael Jackson Song

http://video.scroll.in/815381/video-...l-jackson-song
The two-member Maati Baani world music band chose this method to celebrate the King of Pop's birthday.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/h6d6Yo3DwVI

Two children aged seven walk into frame dressed in spiffy black suits with bowties. A 13-year-old readies himself near a machine and begins. He’s playing the famous beat from the controversial Michael Jackson singleThey Don’t Really Care About Us. It prompts the two seven-year-olds to being tap dancing. But they are only laying the backing track to the actual song, a cover of Jackson’s charity single Heal the World, featuring 45 children from India, Japan, Russia, South Africa, Canada and the United States.
“We are diehard fans...no, that’s an understatement. We worship Michael Jackson,” Nirali Kartik, one-half of the Mumbai-based world music band Maati Baani, the brains behind the Michael Jackson tribute released on August 29, told Scroll.in. Kartik, a classically trained vocalist, and her husband Kartik Shah, a self-taught guitarist, are the members of the four-year-old band.
Many of their past videos were made in collaboration with brands because YouTube channels cannot subsist on views alone, said Nirali Kartik. But not this one. "It was our personal tribute to him," she said. "We did not want a third party to come in the way."

Preparation for the their Michael Jackson tribute began in November 2015. Although some, like 13-year-old rapper Sparsh Shah, were already YouTube celebrities in their own right, finding kids to collaborate with was difficult. “Children don’t have an active social media presence, so we had to contact schools and colleges," Kartik said. "Some parents knew of our band because we do collaborations with other YouTube performers, but that was not enough. We began with close to 100 children before narrowing it down to 45.”

“Even after that it wasn’t easy,” she added. Once the performers were selected, Shah, the composer of the track, began sending the parts each child had to play over the internet. The children would record their parts and send it back, which would again be edited and sent back to them, so they could shoot the final video.
Although not all the kids featured were Jackson devotees, the tap dancers were born on the same date as Jackson and loved him, said Kartik. If they are such huge fans of the King of Pop, why didn’t they perform the tribute themselves? “It’s the times we are living in. It isn’t a great time to be around,” Kartik replied. "Every day on the news you read about wars and violence. That’s why it's kids from around the world. A song like this heals."

We welcome your comments at letters@scroll.in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6d6Yo3DwVI

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 2 settembre 2016, 10:10

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 4 settembre 2016, 10:05

#HappyBirthdayMichaelJackson MJ -Tree in Berlin/Germany
Immagine

http://www.justjaredjr.com/2016/09/0...have-to-watch/

Kieynan Lonsdale just dropped the coolest Michael Jackson birthday tribute ever!

The 24-year-old Flash actor made the video in celebration of what would’ve been 58 this year.

“Overwhelmed by the response to my MJ tribute video. Over 100,000 views in like 18 hours… So crazy,” Kieynan wrote on Instagram.

He added, “Thank you to all of the talented people involved, you made this such a special experience. @uloveluke @dylanmahoney @catsantos, all of the incredible dancers (I love you), and my own mum who literally made all of the jackets from scratch haha (she killed it). Lastly.. Michael, you are everything. Happy birthday.”

Rispondi