The 2016 7th Annual Michael Jackson Tribute, August 26th & 2

Michael Jackson's news in English. Your updated reference for Michael Jackson's news in English language from all around the world. Rumors, gossip and true facts. And a lot of Michael Jackson's beautiful pictures.
Rispondi
soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

The 2016 7th Annual Michael Jackson Tribute, August 26th & 2

Messaggio da soulmum » 15 agosto 2016, 9:11

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2016/08/prweb13613818.htm

Each year in memory of Michael Jackson's great achievements, his devoted mother, Katherine Jackson presides over the weekend long gala, the Annual Michael Jackson Tribute held in Gary, Indiana, the birthplace of Michael Jackson in the hometown of the Jackson Family, Katherine Jackson Presents The 2016 7th Annual Michael Jackson Tribute, August 26th & 27th, Gary, Indiana U.S.A.

Gary, Indiana (PRWEB) August 14, 2016

Michael Jackson’s influence on the world of music has been as far reaching as the vast oceans themselves. It would be difficult if not impossible to imagine the world of pop music without Michael Jackson. In a culture where to copy another is to demean oneself, to copy Michael Jackson, to in some way come close to reaching his level of artistry in song or dance is instead an achievement.

Michael Jackson’s songs were special because he was special. From his voice sprang hope and his music brought forth the unconditional love that united a planet full of Michael Jackson fans of all ages, colors, genders and faiths.

So vast, is his legacy which climaxed with Thriller (which is in many ways the greatest album of all time) to this day many of the our greatest music artists proudly declare themselves Michael’s Disciples:
The Weeknd, Usher, Justine Timberlake, Neyo, Kanye West, Chris Brown, Jason Derulo, Maroon 5, Janet Jackson. The list is literally unending.

Katherine Jackson with Rych Kydd Producer Greg Coleman Each year in memory of his great achievements, his devoted mother, Katherine Jackson presides over the weekend long gala, the Annual Michael Jackson Tribute held in Gary, Indiana, the birthplace of Michael Jackson in the hometown of the Jackson Family. Now in its seventh year, the 2016 7th Annual Michael Jackson Tribute kicks off August 26th and 27th and features performances by Tito Jackson and special celebrity guest performances and appearances.

bmikerobOn @thedinahlynnbiggsshow #WLTH 219-885-1371 call in and support the show. #GaryIndiana
https://www.instagram.com/p/BJEJvccA...en-by=bmikerob

Big Mike Robinson ‏@Bmikerob
Working on the artist list for the 7th Annual Michael Jackson tribute @ Radisson Hotel.… https://www.instagram.com/p/BJD-YeRgTVP/

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Re: The 2016 7th Annual Michael Jackson Tribute, August 26th

Messaggio da soulmum » 16 agosto 2016, 9:30

http://www.townplanner.com/dyer/in/e...0160816/235235

Get Tickets For The 7th Annual Michael Jackson Tribute In Gary Indiana
Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 agosto 2016, 9:39

Paris Jacksoη ‏@ParisJackson
wish i could make it to gary this year but unfortunately it was so last minute and i've already made prior commitments to working.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 agosto 2016, 11:55

Jeremy Horn ‏@Jeremy_Horn

#MJFam Visit Gary, IN tomorrow for #MichaelJackson 7th Annual Tribute | Host: @dinahlynn @Bmikerob @titojackson5
Immagine

http://www.nwitimes.com/entertainmen...72df1b9a4.html

Michael Jackson's hometown celebrates with Tribute

The importance of Gary when it comes to the Jackson family legacy was made evident to Dinahlynn Biggs, host of the annual Michael Jackson Tribute, when she hosted the event two years ago.

“I had 12 microphones that were streaming the event to other countries,” she recalled. “And when I went out into the crowd, I saw people that were from as far away as Poland. I saw a guy that was on military leave from Saudi Arabia. He set his leave time to be able to attend.

“I was so overwhelmed because of the amount of people that came from other countries, people from all races,” she added. “Being a person that grew up in Gary, I thought it was great for the community.”

Running Friday and Saturday at Theodore Roosevelt High School Football Field, the 2016 tribute is the seventh annual event. Following the passing of the King of Pop in 2009, Katherine Jackson founded the annual Tribute in the family’s hometown. The performer's birthday is Monday. He would have been 58.

This year, the festival powers that be are returning the favor. The 2016 tribute is in honor of the Jackson family matriarch, who turned 86 in May and is scheduled to make her way to Gary for the two-day event.

The importance of Katherine Jackson on her superstar son and his famous siblings, Biggs said, cannot be overstated.

“She was the one that he could always go to,” Biggs said. “You know how you have that one person in your family who’s the disciplinarian or the judgmental one. Mrs. Jackson seems to me to have been the one that, under any circumstances, she always had that ear there for him.”

The program director as well as the on-air host of numerous shows on Region radio station WLTH (1370 AM) who, along with community programs, has hosted the likes of Jerry Butler, The Chi-Lites and Gene Chandler over her airwaves, Biggs hosted the 2014 Jackson tribute. Biggs has also attended every Jackson tribute since its inception seven years ago.

The host is grateful that Katherine Jackson looked to her former Indiana stomping grounds for her son’s annual tribute.

“They have these kind of events all across the country,” Biggs said. "Mrs. Jackson could have stayed in California and had this event there as opposed to coming to Gary. The importance of her wanting to come back to Gary, to come back home and have this, is a great thing for the city and the people.”

“A lot of people shy away from wanting to come and visit Gary, but when it’s the Michael Jackson celebration, I think all stops are pulled out,” she continued. “There have not been any incidents. There has not been any trouble. Everybody has gathered for the primary cause of paying tribute to Michael Jackson and his music.”

Marshall Thompson, co-founder of the veteran soul/R&B group The Chi-Lites, is a longtime supporter of the Jackson family and their annual Michael Jackson tribute.

A veteran performer and songsmith whose hits include “Oh Girl” and “Have You Seen Her,” Thompson, who resides in Chicago’s southwest suburbs, made the acquaintance of patriarch Joe Jackson and his young performing sons in the mid-'60s, when both the Chi-Lites and the Jackson 5 were making names for themselves on Chicago’s South Side.

“I didn’t have any money then, and they didn’t have any money then,” Thompson recalled. “We were all struggling at the time together and we were all out playing those clubs in Chicago at 69th and Halsted.”

His friendship with the family continued once the Jackson 5 became music and pop culture sensations in the '70s.

“When they made it (successful), every year, I’d go out to the house,” Thompson said. “I was there when their house was small when they were just getting started and I was there when the house got bigger. It was just like being part of the family.”

Thompson, unfortunately, is unable to perform at this year’s tribute due to a contractual obligation with a Region-based venue. He is planning, though, to make his way to Gary to enjoy the festivities on the other side of the stage.

“I would perform for nothing if I could,” he said. “We’re like family. I’m always behind the Jacksons.”

This year, Biggs is sharing hosting duties with Mike “Big Mike Rob” Robertson, an East Coast-based talent scout and artist development executive who hosted last year’s event.

Highlights of this year’s festival include a performance by Tito Jackson who, after more than four decades of service with the Jackson Five and the Jacksons, will release his full-length solo debut, “Tito Time,” in the fall. A single featuring hip-hop icon Big Daddy Kane, “Get it Baby,” hit the airwaves in June.

Jackson is scheduled to close out the festivities at 7 p.m. Saturday.

Michael Jackson dance and singing contests are also scheduled for both days of the festival. The tribute also will include performances by Michael Jackson child tribute artists Ziyanne and Angel, violinist Sassy Bow Flow, R&B songstresses Womack Sisters and R&B/popsters 4EY The Future.

“There are a lot of surprises planned,” Biggs said. “Other celebrities from across the country have been reaching out and they want to come and be a part of this event.”

“You’ll see people who are 80, 90 years old in the crowd wiggling to Jackson’s music and absorbing what he’s created for us,” she added.

FYI: The seventh annual Michael Jackson Tribute will be from noon to 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday at Theodore Roosevelt High School Football Field, 730 W. 25th St., Gary. Admission is free. Call (219) 252-2877 or visit facebook.com/events/692730297543039 for more information.

Prince Jackson ‏@princemjjjaxon · 8 Std.vor 8 Stunden

Indiana bound https://www.instagram.com/p/BJjHQvqj_B-/

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 28 agosto 2016, 10:36

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Jeremy Horn ‏@Jeremy_Horn
Here's @tjjackson of @TheReal3T and me at the #MichaelJackson Tribute in Gary, IN.
Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 29 agosto 2016, 10:22

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato