Michael's children thread

Michael Jackson's news in English. Your updated reference for Michael Jackson's news in English language from all around the world. Rumors, gossip and true facts. And a lot of Michael Jackson's beautiful pictures.
soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Re: Michael's children thread

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 settembre 2021, 11:55

WOW. Paris in depth interview with Rolling Stone. A real eye opener.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... nd-128510/

Paris Jackson: Life After Neverland
In her first-ever in-depth interview, Michael Jackson’s daughter discusses her father’s pain and finding peace after addiction and heartache

By BRIAN HIAT

Immagine

Paris-Michael Katherine Jackson is staring at a famous corpse. “That’s Marilyn Monroe,” she whispers, facing a wall covered with gruesome autopsy photos. “And that’s JFK. You can’t even find these online.” On a Thursday afternoon in late November, Paris is making her way through the Museum of Death, a cramped maze of formaldehyde-scented horrors on Hollywood Boulevard. It’s not uncommon for visitors, confronted with decapitation photos, snuff films and serial-killer memorabilia, to faint, vomit or both. But Paris, not far removed from the emo and goth phases of her earlier teens, seems to find it all somehow soothing. This is her ninth visit. “It’s awesome,” she had said on the way over. “They have a real electric chair and a real head!”
Immagine
Paris Jackson turned 18 last April, and moment by moment, can come across as much older or much younger, having lived a life that’s veered between sheltered and agonizingly exposed. She is a pure child of the 21st century, with her mashed-up hippie-punk fashion sense (today she’s wearing a tie-dye button-down, jeggings and Converse high-tops) and boundary-free musical tastes (she’s decorated her sneakers with lyrics by Mötley Crüe and Arctic Monkeys; is obsessed with Alice Cooper – she calls him “bae” – and the singer-songwriter Butch Walker; loves Nirvana and Justin Bieber too). But she is, even more so, her father’s child. “Basically, as a person, she is who my dad is,” says her older brother, Prince Michael Jackson. “The only thing that’s different would be her age and her gender.” Paris is similar to Michael, he adds, “in all of her strengths, and almost all of her weaknesses as well. She’s very passionate. She is very emotional to the point where she can let emotion cloud her judgment.”
Paris has, with impressive speed, acquired more than 50 tattoos, sneaking in the first few while underage. Nine of them are devoted to Michael Jackson, who died when she was 11 years old, sending her, Prince and their youngest brother, Blanket, spiraling out of what had been – as they perceived it – a cloistered, near-idyllic little world. “They always say, ‘Time heals,'” she says. “But it really doesn’t. You just get used to it. I live life with the mentality of ‘OK, I lost the only thing that has ever been important to me.’ So going forward, anything bad that happens can’t be nearly as bad as what happened before. So I can handle it.” Michael still visits her in her dreams, she says: “I feel him with me all the time.”
Michael, who saw himself as Peter Pan, liked to call his only daughter Tinker Bell. She has FAITH, TRUST AND PIXIE DUST inked near her clavicle. She has an image from the cover of Dangerous on her forearm, the Bad logo on her hand, and the words QUEEN OF MY HEART – in her dad’s handwriting, from a letter he wrote her – on her inner left wrist. “He’s brought me nothing but joy,” she says. “So why not have constant reminders of joy?”

She also has tattoos honoring John Lennon, David Bowie and her dad’s sometime rival Prince – plus Van Halen and, on her inner lip, the word MÖTLEY (her boyfriend has CRÜE in the same spot). On her right wrist is a rope-and-jade bracelet that Michael bought in Africa. He was wearing it when he died, and Paris’ nanny retrieved it for her. “It still smells like him,” Paris says.
She fixes her huge blue-green eyes on each of the museum’s attractions without flinching, until she comes to a section of taxidermied pets. “I don’t really like this room,” she says, wrinkling her nose. “I draw the line with animals. I can’t do it. This breaks my heart.” She recently rescued a hyperactive pit-bull-mix puppy, Koa, who has an uneasy coexistence with Kenya, a snuggly Labrador her dad brought home a decade ago.
Paris describes herself as “desensitized” to even the most graphic reminders of human mortality. In June 2013, drowning in depression and a drug addiction, she tried to kill herself at age 15, slashing her wrist and downing 20 Motrin pills. “It was just self-hatred,” she says, “low self-esteem, thinking that I couldn’t do anything right, not thinking I was worthy of living anymore.” She had been self-harming, cutting herself, managing to conceal it from her family. Some of her tattoos now cover the scars, as well as what she says are track marks from drug use. Before that, she had already attempted suicide “multiple times,” she says, with an incongruous laugh. “It was just once that it became public.” The hospital had a “three-strike rule,” she recalls, and, after that last attempt, insisted she attend a residential therapy program.
Immagine
Home-schooled before her father’s death, Paris had agreed to attend a private school starting in seventh grade. She didn’t fit in – at all – and started hanging out with the only kids who accepted her, “a lot of older people doing a lot of crazy things,” she says. “I was doing a lot of things that 13-, 14-, 15-year-olds shouldn’t do. I tried to grow up too fast, and I wasn’t really that nice of a person.” She also faced cyberbullying, and still struggles with cruel online comments. “The whole freedom-of-speech thing is great,” she says. “But I don’t think that our Founding Fathers predicted social media when they created all of these amendments and stuff.”
There was another trauma that she’s never mentioned in public. When she was 14, a much older “complete stranger” sexually assaulted her, she says. “I don’t wanna give too many details. But it was not a good experience at all, and it was really hard for me, and, at the time, I didn’t tell anybody.”

After her last suicide attempt, she spent sophomore year and half of junior year at a therapeutic school in Utah. “It was great for me,” she says. “I’m a completely different person.” Before, she says with a small smile, “I was crazy. I was actually crazy. I was going through a lot of, like, teen angst. And I was also dealing with my depression and my anxiety without any help.” Her father, she says, also struggled with depression, and she was prescribed the same antidepressants he once took, though she’s no longer on any psych meds.
Now sober and happier than she’s ever been, with menthol cigarettes her main remaining vice, Paris moved out of her grandma Katherine’s house shortly after her 18th birthday, heading to the old Jackson family estate. She spends nearly every minute of each day with her boyfriend, Michael Snoddy, a 26-year-old drummer – he plays with the percussion ensemble Street Drum Corps – and Virginia native whose dyed mohawk, tattoos and perpetually sagging pants don’t obscure boy-band looks and a puppy-dog sweetness. “I never met anyone before who made me feel the way music makes me feel,” says Paris. When they met, he had an ill-considered, now-covered Confederate flag tattoo that raised understandable doubts among the Jacksons. “But the more I actually got to know him,” says Prince, “he’s a really cool guy.”
Paris took a quick stab at community college after graduating high school – a year early – in 2015, but wasn’t feeling it. She is an heir to a mammoth fortune – the Michael Jackson Family Trust is likely worth more than $1 billion, with disbursements to the kids in stages. But she wants to earn her own money, and now that she’s a legal adult, to embrace her other inheritance: celebrity.
And in the end, as the charismatic, beautiful daughter of one of the most famous men who ever lived, what choice did she have? She is, for now, a model, an actress, a work in progress. She can, when she feels like it, exhibit a regal poise that’s almost intimidating, while remaining chill enough to become pals with her giant-goateed tattoo artist. She has impeccable manners – you might guess that she was raised well. She so charmed producer-director Lee Daniels in a recent meeting that he’s begun talking to her manager about a role for her on his Fox show, Star. She plays a few instruments, writes and sings songs (she performs a couple for me on acoustic guitar, and they show promise, though they’re more Laura Marling than MJ), but isn’t sure if she’ll ever pursue a recording contract.
Modeling, in particular, comes naturally, and she finds it therapeutic. “I’ve had self-esteem issues for a really, really long time,” says Paris, who understands her dad’s plastic-surgery choices after watching online trolls dissect her appearance since she was 12. “Plenty of people think I’m ugly, and plenty of people don’t. But there’s a moment when I’m modeling where I forget about my self-esteem issues and focus on what the photographer’s telling me – and I feel pretty. And in that sense, it’s selfish.”
But mostly, she shares her father’s heal-the-world impulses (“I’m really scared for the Great Barrier Reef,” she says. “It’s, like, dying. This whole planet is. Poor Earth, man”), and sees fame as a means to draw attention to favored causes. “I was born with this platform,” she says. “Am I gonna waste it and hide away? Or am I going to make it bigger and use it for more important things?”

Her dad wouldn’t have minded. “If you wanna be bigger than me, you can,” he’d tell her. “If you don’t want to be at all, you can. But I just want you to be happy.”
Immagine
At the moment, Paris lives in the private studio where her dad demoed “Beat It.” The Tudor-style main house in the now-empty Jackson family compound in the L.A. neighborhood of Encino – purchased by Joe Jackson in 1971 with some of the Jackson 5’s first Motown royalties, and rebuilt by Michael in the Eighties – is under renovation. But the studio, built by Michael in a brick building across the courtyard, happens to be roughly the size of a decent Manhattan apartment, with its own kitchen and bathroom. Paris has turned it into a vibe-y, cozy dorm room.
Traces of her father are everywhere, most unmistakably in the artwork he commissioned. Outside the studio is a framed picture, done in a Disney-like style, of a cartoon castle on a hilltop with a caricatured Michael in the foreground, a small blond boy embracing him. It’s captioned “Of Children, Castles & Kings.” Inside is a mural taking up an entire wall, with another cartoon Michael in the corner, holding a green book titled The Secret of Life and looking down from a window at blooming flowers – at the center of each bloom is a cartoon face of a red-cheeked little girl.
Paris’ chosen decor is somewhat different. There is a picture of Kurt Cobain in the bathroom, a Smashing Pumpkins poster on the wall, a laptop with Against Me! and NeverEnding Story stickers, psychedelic paisley wall hangings, lots of fake candles. Vinyl records (Alice Cooper, the Rolling Stones) serve as wall decorations. In the kitchen, sitting casually on a counter, is a framed platinum record, inscribed to Michael by Quincy Jones (“I found it in the attic,” Paris shrugs).
Above an adjacent garage is a mini-museum Michael created as a surprise gift for his family, with the walls and even ceilings covered with photos from their history. Michael used to rehearse dance moves in that room; now Paris’ boyfriend has his drum kit set up there.
We head out to a nearby sushi restaurant, and Paris starts to describe life in Neverland. She spent her first seven years in her dad’s 2,700-acre fantasy world, with its own amusement park, zoo and movie theater. (“Everything I never got to do as a kid,” Michael called it.) During that time, she didn’t know that her father’s name was Michael, let alone have any grasp of his fame. “I just thought his name was Dad, Daddy,” she says. “We didn’t really know who he was. But he was our world. And we were his world.” (Paris declared last year’s Captain Fantastic, where Viggo Mortensen plays an eccentric dad who tries to create a utopian hideaway for his kids, her “favorite movie ever.”)
Immagine
“We couldn’t just go on the rides whenever we wanted to,” she recalls, walking on a dark roadside near the Encino compound. She likes to stride along the lane divider, too close to the cars – it drives her boyfriend crazy, and I don’t much like it either. “We actually had a pretty normal life. Like, we had school every single day, and we had to be good. And if we were good, every other weekend or so, we could choose whether we were gonna go to the movie theater or see the animals or whatever. But if you were on bad behavior, then you wouldn’t get to go do all those things.”

In his 2011 memoir, Michael’s brother Jermaine called him “an example of what fatherhood should be. He instilled in them the love Mother gave us, and he provided the kind of emotional fathering that our father, through no fault of his own, could not. Michael was father and mother rolled into one.”
Michael gave the kids the option of going to regular school. They declined. “When you’re at home,” says Paris, “your dad, who you love more than anything, will occasionally come in, in the middle of class, and it’s like, ‘Cool, no more class for the day. We’re gonna go hang out with Dad.’ We were like, ‘We don’t need friends. We’ve got you and Disney Channel!'” She was, she acknowledges, “a really weird kid.”
Her dad taught her how to cook, soul food, mostly. “He was a kick-ass cook,” she says. “His fried chicken is the best in the world. He taught me how to make sweet potato pie.” Paris is baking four pies, plus gumbo, for grandma Katherine’s Thanksgiving – which actually takes place the day before the holiday, in deference to Katherine’s Jehovah’s Witness beliefs.

Michael schooled Paris on every conceivable genre of music. “My dad worked with Van Halen, so I got into Van Halen,” she says. “He worked with Slash, so I got into Guns N’ Roses. He introduced me to Tchaikovsky and Debussy, Earth, Wind and Fire, the Temptations, Tupac, Run-DMC.”
She says Michael emphasized tolerance. “My dad raised me in a very open-minded house,” she says. “I was eight years old, in love with this female on the cover of a magazine. Instead of yelling at me, like most homophobic parents, he was making fun of me, like, ‘Oh, you got yourself a girlfriend.’

“His number-one focus for us,” says Paris, “besides loving us, was education. And he wasn’t like, ‘Oh, yeah, mighty Columbus came to this land!’ He was like, ‘No. He fucking slaughtered the natives.'” Would he really phrase it that way? “He did have kind of a potty mouth. He cussed like a sailor.” But he was also “very shy.”
Paris and Prince are quite aware of public doubts about their parentage (the youngest brother, Blanket, with his darker skin, is the subject of less speculation). Paris’ mom is Debbie Rowe, a nurse Michael met while she was working for his dermatologist, the late Arnold Klein. They had what sounds like an unconventional three-year marriage, during which, Rowe once testified, they never shared a home. Michael said that Rowe wanted to have his children “as a present” to him. (Rowe said that Paris got her name from the location of her conception.) Klein, her employer, was one of several men – including the actor Mark Lester, who played the title role in the 1968 movie Oliver! – who suggested that they could be Paris’ actual biological father.
Over popcorn shrimp and a Clean Mean Salmon Roll, Paris agrees to address this issue for what she says will be the only time. She could opt for an easy, logical answer, could point out that it doesn’t matter, that either way, Michael Jackson was her father. That’s what her brother – who describes himself as “more objective” than Paris – seems to suggest. “Every time someone asks me that,” Prince says, “I ask, ‘What’s the point? What difference does it make?’ Specifically to someone who’s not involved in my life. How does that affect your life? It doesn’t change mine.”
But Paris is certain that Michael Jackson was her biological dad. She believes it with a fervency that is both touching and, in the moment, utterly convincing. “He is my father,” she says, making fierce eye contact. “He will always be my father. He never wasn’t, and he never will not be. People that knew him really well say they see him in me, that it’s almost scary.

“I consider myself black,” she says, adding later that her dad “would look me in the eyes and he’d point his finger at me and he’d be like, ‘You’re black. Be proud of your roots.’ And I’d be like, ‘OK, he’s my dad, why would he lie to me?’ So I just believe what he told me. ‘Cause, to my knowledge, he’s never lied to me.
“Most people that don’t know me call me white,” Paris concedes. “I’ve got light skin and, especially since I’ve had my hair blond, I look like I was born in Finland or something.” She points out that it’s far from unheard of for mixed-race kids to look like her – accurately noting that her complexion and eye color are similar to the TV actor Wentworth Miller’s, who has a black dad and a white mom.

At first, she had no relationship with Rowe. “When I was really, really young, my mom didn’t exist,” Paris recalls. Eventually, she realized “a man can’t birth a child” – and when she was 10 or so, she asked Prince, “We gotta have a mom, right?” So she asked her dad. “And he’s like, ‘Yeah.’ And I was like, ‘What’s her name?’ And he’s just like, ‘Debbie.’ And I was like, ‘OK, well, I know the name.'” After her father’s death, she started researching her mom online, and they got together when Paris was 13.
In the wake of her treatment in Utah, Paris decided to reach out again to Rowe. “She needed a mother figure,” says Prince, who declines to comment on his own relationship, or lack thereof, with Rowe. (Paris’ manager declined to make Rowe available for an interview, and Rowe did not respond to our request for comment.) “I’ve had a lot of mother figures,” Paris counters, citing her grandmother and nannies, among others, “but by the time my mom came into my life, it wasn’t a ‘mommy’ thing. It’s more of an adult relationship.” Paris sees herself in Rowe, who just completed a course of chemo in a fight against breast cancer: “We’re both very stubborn.”
Paris isn’t sure how Michael felt about Rowe, but says Rowe was “in love” with her dad. She’s also sure that Michael loved Lisa Marie Presley, whom he divorced two years before Paris’ birth: “In the music video ‘You Are Not Alone,’ I can see how he looked at her, and he was totally whipped,” she says with a fond laugh.
Immagine
Paris Jackson was around nine years old when she realized that much of the world didn’t see her father the way she did.
“My dad would cry to me at night,” she says, sitting at the counter of a New York coffee shop in mid-December, cradling a tiny spoon in her hand. She starts to cry too. “Picture your parent crying to you about the world hating him for something he didn’t do. And for me, he was the only thing that mattered. To see my entire world in pain, I started to hate the world because of what they were doing to him. I’m like, ‘How can people be so mean?'” She pauses. “Sorry, I’m getting emotional.”
Paris and Prince have no doubts that their father was innocent of the multiple child-molestation allegations against him, that the man they knew was the real Michael. Again, they are persuasive – if they could go door-to-door talking about it, they could sway the world. “Nobody but my brothers and I experienced him reading A Light in the Attic to us at night before we went to bed,” says Paris. “Nobody experienced him being a father to them. And if they did, the entire perception of him would be completely and forever changed.” I gently suggest that what Michael said to her on those nights was a lot to put on a nine-year-old. “He did not bullshit us,” she replies. “You try to give kids the best childhood possible. But you also have to prepare them for the shitty world.”
Michael’s 2005 molestation trial ended in an acquittal, but it shattered his reputation and altered the course of his family’s lives. He decided to leave Neverland for good. They spent the next four years traveling the world, spending long stretches of time in the Irish countryside, in Bahrain, in Las Vegas. Paris didn’t mind – it was exciting, and home was where her dad was.

By 2009, Michael was preparing for an ambitious slate of comeback performances at London’s O2 Arena. “He kind of hyped it up to us,” recalls Paris. “He was like, ‘Yeah, we’re gonna live in London for a year.’ We were super-excited – we already had a house out there we were gonna live in.” But Paris remembers his “exhaustion” as rehearsals began. “I’d tell him, ‘Let’s take a nap,'” she says. “Because he looked tired. We’d be in school, meaning downstairs in the living room, and we’d see dust falling from the ceiling and hear stomping sounds because he was rehearsing upstairs.”
Paris has a lingering distaste for AEG Live, the promoters behind the planned This Is It tour – her family lost a wrongful-death suit against them, with the jury accepting AEG’s argument that Michael was responsible for his own death. “AEG Live does not treat their performers right,” she alleges. “They drain them dry and work them to death.” (A rep for AEG declined comment.) She describes seeing Justin Bieber on a recent tour and being “scared” for him. “He was tired, going through the motions. I looked at my ticket, saw AEG Live, and I thought back to how my dad was exhausted all the time but couldn’t sleep.”
Paris blames Dr. Conrad Murray – who was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in her father’s death – for the dependency on the anesthetic drug propofol that led to it. She calls him “the ‘doctor,'” with satirical air quotes. But she has darker suspicions about her father’s death. “He would drop hints about people being out to get him,” she says. “And at some point he was like, ‘They’re gonna kill me one day.'” (Lisa Marie Presley told Oprah Winfrey of a similar conversation with Michael, who expressed fears that unnamed parties were targeting him to get at his half of the Sony/ATV music-publishing catalog, worth hundreds of millions.)

Paris is convinced that her dad was, somehow, murdered. “Absolutely,” she says. “Because it’s obvious. All arrows point to that. It sounds like a total conspiracy theory and it sounds like bullshit, but all real fans and everybody in the family knows it. It was a setup. It was bullshit.”
But who would have wanted Michael Jackson dead? Paris pauses for several seconds, maybe considering a specific answer, but just says, “A lot of people.” Paris wants revenge, or at least justice. “Of course,” she says, eyes glowing. “I definitely do, but it’s a chess game. And I am trying to play the chess game the right way. And that’s all I can say about that right now.”

Michael had his kids wear masks in public, a protective move Paris considered “stupid” but later came to understand. So it made all the more of an impression when a brave little girl spontaneously stepped to the microphone at her dad’s televised memorial service, on July 7th, 2009. “Ever since I was born,” she said, “Daddy has been the best father you could ever imagine, and I just wanted to say I love him so much.”
She was 11 years old, but she knew what she was doing. “I knew afterward there was gonna be plenty of shit-talking,” Paris says, “plenty of people questioning him and how he raised us. That was the first time I ever publicly defended him, and it definitely won’t be the last.” For Prince, his younger sister showed in that moment that she had “more strength than any of us.”

The day after her trip to the Museum of Death, Paris, Michael Snoddy and Tom Hamilton, her model-handsome, man-bunned 31-year-old manager, head over to Venice Beach. We stroll the boardwalk, and Snoddy recalls a brief stint as a street performer here when he first moved to L.A., drumming on buckets. “It wasn’t bad,” he says. “I averaged out to a hundred bucks a day.”
Paris has her hair extensions in a ponytail. She’s wearing sunglasses with circular lenses, a green plaid shirt over leggings, and a Rasta-rainbow backpack. Her mood is darker today. She’s not talking much, and clinging tight to Snoddy, who’s in a Willie Nelson tee with the sleeves cut off.

We head toward the canals, lined with ultramodern houses that Paris doesn’t like. “They’re too harsh and bougie,” she says. “It doesn’t scream, ‘Hey, come for dinner!'” She’s delighted to spot a group of ducks. “Hello, friends!” she shouts. “Come play with us!” Among them are what appear to be an avian couple in love, paddling through the shallow water in close formation. Paris sighs and squeezes Snoddy’s hand. “Goals,” she says. “Hashtag ‘goals.'”
Her spirits are lifting, and we walk back toward the beach to watch the sunset. Paris and Snoddy hop on a concrete barrier facing the orange-pink spectacle. It’s a peaceful moment, until a middle-aged woman in neon jogging clothes and knee-length socks walks over. She grins at the couple as she presses a button on some kind of tiny stereo strapped to her waist, unleashing a dated-sounding trance song. Paris laughs and turns to her boyfriend. As the sun disappears, they start to dance.

This was from 2017

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 settembre 2021, 16:33

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 25 settembre 2021, 11:03

Immagine

Musicians Corner
@MusCornerNash

We’ve got
@ParisJackson
bringing all the SparklesvibesSparkles on the stage right now at the
@AmericanaFest
showcase with #MusiciansCorner at #CentennialPark

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 2 ottobre 2021, 16:10

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... e-PFW.html

Paris Jackson shows off her edgy style credentials in a funky layered dress as she joins Georgia May Jagger on the front row for Vivienne Westwood's Paris Fashion Week show
By OWEN TONKS FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 11:51 BST, 2 October 2021

Paris Jackson showed off her edgy style credentials as she arrived at the Vivienne Westwood show for Paris Fashion Week on Saturday.

The 23-year-old daughter of the late Michael Jackson wore a unique black asymmetrical dress with a daring sweetheart neckline and net skirt.

She was joined at the event by model Georgia May Jagger, 29, who looked glamorous in a gold dress with a thigh high split.
Immagine

Paris posed up a storm as she arrived at the event, standing tall in a pair of navy blue platform heels with a ribbon bow on the front.

Her body art was on display as she stood with her hand on her hip, with her naked arms and shoulders exposed to the air.

She wore a pearl necklace with a Vivienne Westwood pendent to the front and accessorised with with some pearl and silver earrings.
Immagine

Immagine

Paris's wavy blonde hair could be seen swept to one side as she arrived at the bash as she was led out of her chauffeur-driven car by her hand by a member of her security team.

The star appeared in a cheerful mood as she waved to onlookers waiting at the venue.

Her thigh could be seen through the sheer material of the skirt section of her dress as she walked inside.

Immagine

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 4 ottobre 2021, 13:31

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... p-top.html
Paris Jackson puts on an edgy display in a 'Rock Royalty' crop top and stylish cargo pants as she joins the stars at Stella McCartney's PFW show
By CIARA FARMER FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 12:02 BST, 4 October 2021

She's made herself a Paris Fashion Week permafixture.

And Paris Jackson was again lighting up the FROW on Monday as she joined a bevy of stars in attending Stella McCartney's Spring/Summer 2022 showcase.

The 23-year-old daughter of the late Michael Jackson looked every inch the rock star as she wowed in a one-shouldered top adorned with the words Rock Royalty and loose-fitting cargo pants as she posed up a storm with fellow celebrity offspring.
Immagine
Paris looked amazing in the ensemble as she preened and posed for vying cameras in the funky top with edgy slogan across her bust.

The trousers comprised a shiny, outerwear style material with zips extending the length of her legs while she finished off the look with white shoes.
She was the perfect fit for the event as the show was debuting the designs of Stella - who is also the daughter of a music legend, in the form of Beatles star Paul.
Immagine
Immagine
Immagine

Paris' appearance comes after she recently spoke about her relationship with her mum Debbie Rowe, who she confessed is more like a 'friend' to her.

After the dermatology assistant split from the singer in 1999, Debbie had agreed to give Michael full custody of Paris and her brother Prince, but at the age of 15 the singer and her mum reconnected.

The entertainer sat down with Willow Smith in June on her family's Red Table Talk show where she dished on there now 'very chill' bond and spoke about how her mega famous dad's death had an impact on her.

'Its just cool having her as a friend,' Paris said of their relationship. 'It's very chill - which I love - it's the perfect word to describe it.'
And speaking about getting to re-form a relationship with her mom when she was a teenager, she said she realised how 'similar' they are now, and frequently bounces her music off of her.

'It's cool. I mean like, getting to know her, seeing how similar we are, getting into what kind of music she likes and she really likes country and folk.

'I send her some of the stuff that I'm working on that has banjos in them,' she shared.
Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 ottobre 2021, 8:50

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 28 ottobre 2021, 20:15

https://www.eonline.com/news/1307508/mi ... yq6y3YJaa4
Michael Jackson's Son Prince Shares Rare Insight Into His Relationship With Siblings Paris and Blanket
In a rare interview with Good Morning Britain, Michael Jackson’s eldest son, Prince, opened up about the close kinship he shares with siblings, Paris and Prince II.
By KISHA FORDE OCT 28, 2021

Prince Jackson is opening up about the invincible relationship he shares with younger siblings, Paris Jackson and Prince "Blanket" Jackson II.

The eldest child of the late Michael Jackson discussed his still tight family ties in a rare interview with Good Morning Britain on Oct. 28. Citing his father's emphasis on putting those closest to him above all, it's clear that Prince has continued to stay true to that throughout the years.

"When we were growing up, my father would say, ‘We could have nothing, but you look around in this room, your brother, your sister, and me, that's all you'll ever have,'" Prince shared on the daytime show. "And that always stuck with my siblings and I, and we have such a close relationship. Because I'm the oldest, my father would always tell me [that] I have to make sure that the group is taken care of and that I have to be the leader and lead by example. But, after his passing, and us being thrown into the ‘real world,' my siblings honestly—they picked up the slack that I unfortunately left behind."

The Invincible musician and his then-wife Debbie Rowe welcomed their first son, Prince, in February 1997, followed by his sibling, Paris, in April 1998. Before Michael's tragic passing in 2009, he welcomed a third child, Prince Michael Jackson II, also known as Blanket, via surrogate in February 2002.

Immagine

"At this point in our lives, it doesn't really feel like there's that hierarchy of ‘I'm the older brother,'" Prince continued. "We're all siblings and we're kind of all on that same level where my sister has her strengths, and my brother has his strengths where I'm not as strong in certain areas. They complement me in that way."

"Any moment I get to spend with my siblings now, especially as we're getting older and our own lives are starting to kind of blossom and grow," he added. "Every moment that I get with them—any little family dinner, any little family outing—is really a special moment for me."

Prince and Paris have also recently turned their personal relationship into a professional one, with the oldest sibling producing the music video for Paris' single with her band, "Your Look," in July 2020. However, if you were hoping for an on-camera duet between the two, Prince made it clear that his magic will remain behind-the-scenes.

"In the sense that I'll handle the visuals and she'll handle the music, I think I would love to do that again," he shared. "My sister has such a cinematic way of telling stories through her music and it's so raw because it comes from a place of true emotion. And any time, as a creative person, when you get that type of intellectual property, you get that type of project, it just makes the process so much easier, and on top of it, because her and I have such a great personal relationship, it makes being on set that much more fun."

In addition to taking part in the family business, Prince has made it his life's mission to focus on philanthropy, including helping to fund educational resources for children. And he says he's had some guidance along the way.

Immagine

"It's not like a voice in my head, but in a way, it is," he shared of getting advice from his dad. "Because when you do philanthropic work and if you care about it a lot such as myself and my family, I think you tend to carry the weight or struggles of the people that you're trying to help. And that's really when I hear my father's voice the most is because those are the times when you struggle the most and you almost wonder, like, ‘How can I continue to keep doing this?'"

"And it's during those moments that I hear him, he's like, ‘Somebody has to do it. You have to do it," Prince noted. "You have to keep pushing forward and it's important that we do this. And he's kind of always on my shoulder, in my ear, motivating me to keep that moral compass pointing North."

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 1 novembre 2021, 7:29

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 1 novembre 2021, 15:50

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 1 novembre 2021, 16:03

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... itain.html

Michael Jackson's seldom-seen son Blanket, 19 - now known as 'Bigi' - makes rare TV appearance... as he discusses his father's legacy and climate change on GMB
The 19-year-old, who was previously known as Blanket, has mostly kept out of the spotlight since his tragically father died in 2009
Bigi, whose full name is Prince Michael Jackson II, took part in an interview at his brother Prince's Thriller Night Halloween Party in California
The teen discussed his father during the chat, saying: 'There's a lot of history in this house and the studio here. That's what he was all about'
Bigi was seven years old when his father passed away from cardiac arrest brought on by a fatal combination of drugs given to him by his doctor
He and his elder siblings Prince, 24, and Paris, 23, were then raised by their grandmother Katherine Jackson
By SEAN O'GRADY FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 11:38 GMT, 1 November 2021

Michael Jackson's son Bigi made a rare TV appearance on Monday as he chatted about his late father on Good Morning Britain.

The 19-year-old, who was previously known as Blanket, has mostly kept out of the spotlight since his father died in 2009.

Bigi, whose full name is Prince Michael Jackson II, took part in an interview at his brother Prince's Thriller Night Halloween Party in California, which was held at their home to raise funds for The Heal Los Angeles Foundation.

The teen discussed his father during the chat, saying: 'There's a lot of history in this house and the studio here. That's what he was all about. That's what each of us want to do and make things that people can enjoy and hopefully benefit their lives.'

Immagine

Bigi also spoke about his passion for environmentalism ahead of the climate change COP26 conference. He said: 'I do think it's important that we all know about it. I think we have some work to do but our generation knows how important it is.'

Bigi was seven years old when his father passed away from cardiac arrest brought on by a fatal combination of drugs given to him by his doctor.

He and his elder siblings Prince, 24, and Paris, 23, were then raised by their grandmother Katherine Jackson.

Bigi now lives in a home in Calabasas, California, which he purchased in early March last year.

The home, which boasts an impressive 6,382 square feet, is located in an exclusive gated community with celebrity residents including Dr. Dre and John Travolta.

The abode has plenty of space for his needs and features six bedrooms and seven-and-a-half bathrooms.

His sister Paris, 22, previously purchased a $2 million home in Topanga, California, three years earlier, while his oldest brother Michael Jackson Jr., 23, selected a $2.2 million home in Rancho Palos Verdes.

Back in 2012, Bigi spoke on the Jacksonology: Our Story documentary and said he has no plans to follow in his father's musical footsteps.

He said: 'Sometimes I would go in his [my dad's] room while he was getting ready for something and watch.

'He was a good dancer, he was a very good dancer. I can't dance or sing... I'm not that kind of person who sings and dances...

'When I grow up I want to be a director because it's fun, and I make little movies when I'm at my house with cousins and friends and different things.

'He [dad] said it would be a good thing so follow whatever you want to do.'

Blanket and his siblings were often seen in public with their faces covered when their father was alive in an effort to keep their identities private.

On her show Unfiltered: Paris Jackson & Gabriel Glenn, Paris previously discussed why the late Thriller singer was intent on keeping his kids' faces covered.

She said: 'When [my dad] was young, he would be in the studio and he'd look outside and he'd see kids on the playground and he couldn’t do that; he didn’t want that for us, so we wore masks,' she said. 'It was nice.'

Paris said she 'appreciated' her father's efforts, as it allowed she and her siblings to 'go to Chuck E. Cheese and Circus Circus' without getting mobbed by people.

She said that in contrast, since becoming a celebrity when she emerged in the limelight after her father's death, she's had 'to accept the fact that I do not and probably will never have a private life.

She said: 'For a long time I was just against letting the world in because I was just too scared to do it. You see a kid grow up in the public eye, you forget that I am a human.

'I was against letting the world in because it wasn’t a choice. I wasn’t ready then. I feel like I’m ready now.'

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 15 novembre 2021, 15:54

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 29 novembre 2021, 8:50

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 1 dicembre 2021, 12:57

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 30 dicembre 2021, 15:14

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... Vegas.html

Paris Jackson turns up the heat in a Madonna-inspired cone bra with sheer gown as she joins a VERY leggy Kate Beckinsale at star-studded Las Vegas restaurant launch
By LAURA PARKIN FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 09:45 GMT, 30 December 2021

Not content with being the daughter of music royalty, Paris Jackson opted to steal the style of another icon in the form of Madonna on Wednesday night.

The daughter of Michael Jackson, 23, looked sensational in a conical bra akin to Madonna's 1990 Blonde Ambition Tour costume, as she joined Kate Beckinsale at the grand opening of Carversteak restaurant at Resorts World Las Vegas.

Paris stunned in the nude bra and sheer Jean Paul Gaultier number, while actress Kate, 48, looked sensational as she flashed her bronzed legs in a onyx sequin mini dress, whilst Paris, 23, stunned in a sheer Jean Paul Gaultier number.

Immagine
Paris layered a matching shirt over the lingerie inspired number with a striking charcoal print and asymmetric hem.

She added height to her frame with a pair of burgundy Prada heeled boots and carried a Bvlgari Serpenti Forever crossbody bag.

The look was instantly recognisable to Madonna's iconic conical bra, also designed by Gaultier and well-known to any fan of the pop icon.

Her blonde locks were worn up in a curled pinned up style as she added a sweep of brown eyeshadow and a matte nude lipstick.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 6 gennaio 2022, 8:29

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 gennaio 2022, 13:36

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 gennaio 2022, 12:17

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... ty-LA.html

Paris Jackson is every inch the rock chick in ripped hot pants with laddered hosiery as she attends Iann Dior's album launch party in LA
By LYDIA BURNS FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 13:41 GMT, 21 January 2022 |

She is known to live it up at all of Hollywood's hottest parties.

And Thursday night was no different for Paris Jackson, daughter of Michael Jackson, as she attended Iann Dior’s album launch party at celeb hotspot Delilah.

The superstar offspring, 23, went for a typically edgy ensemble comprising ripped brown pantyhose, a Louis Vuitton rucksack and a loose-fitting tee as she attended the event with a slew of stars, including a glam Halsey.

Immagine

Paris nailed her outfit for the event keeping her look edgy but casual.

She wore ripped thigh-baring hosiery with blue frayed denim shorts, along with chunky leather boots and a loose beige t-shirt.

Her blonde hair was down with a slight messy wave added for texture.

She kept her ensemble chic and coordinated by covering her mouth and nose with a protective face mask in a complementary burgundy hue to the rest of the look.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 5 febbraio 2022, 15:00

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 14 febbraio 2022, 8:24

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 febbraio 2022, 7:50

Immagine

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 febbraio 2022, 15:21

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 3 marzo 2022, 15:46

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 5 marzo 2022, 15:07

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... -show.html

Paris Jackson flashes her legs in quirky strapless dress with thigh-split as she attends Vivienne Westwood's Paris Fashion Week show
By REBECCA DAVISON FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 12:59 GMT, 5 March 2022

She's known for her eclectic sense of style and Paris Jackson didn't disappoint when she hit Paris Fashion Week on Saturday.

The musician and model, 23, wore a quirky patterned strapless dress to attend the Vivienne Westwood catwalk show at Nouvelle Eve.

Waving to onlookers, she flashed a hint of leg in the long number which had a sexy-thigh split.

Immagine

She cinched in her waist with a purple contrasting belt and flashed her multiple inkings while posing for pictures inside the venue.

With heavy make-up and tousled hair, the daughter of the late popstar Michael Jackson gave her high-glamour look a rock 'n' roll edge.

She completed her look with a pair of platform peeptoe heels.

Immagine

Paris is set to go on her first concert tour with AEG, the same concert promoters her family sued and lost a $40billion wrongful death case against her father, Michael , when he died of an overdose in June 2009.

The singer will reportedly head across the pond for a show in France this weekend before coming back to the states to perform a string of gigs.

Later in March, Paris will hit the road for shows in Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Seattle and Portland, according to TMZ.

Michael Jackson died on June 25, 2009 of an overdose of propofol administered by his personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray

Her famous family sued the massive concert promoter — known for being the name behind major festivals such as Coachella, Stagecoach and the annual New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival — in 2010 after Michael's death.

They lost the suit nearly three years later when jurors decided that AEG Live wasn't ultimately responsible despite Michael attempting to resurrect his career with an upcoming major concert under their banner.

DailyMail.com contacted Paris Jackson's and AEG representatives for comment on the potential tour.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 16 marzo 2022, 15:47

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... event.html

Paris Jackson goes braless in plunging dress showing off her multiple tattoos during lively performance at SXSW event in Texas
By BRENDA DENNEHY FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 10:41 GMT, 16 March 2022 |

Paris Jackson looked incredible as she showed off a large selection of her inkings while performing on stage at SXSW in Texas on Tuesday night.

The singer, looked every inch the rock chick at the Twitch x Rolling Stone showcase at 3Ten ACL Live in Austin.

Paris wowed the crowds with an energetic performance going braless in a black crochet top maxi dress with spaghetti straps.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 17 marzo 2022, 9:41

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 marzo 2022, 15:04

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... Vegas.html

Paris Jackson looks every inch the rock star as she takes to the stage in Las Vegas - yet fails to draw in a crowd as she performs to half-empty venue
By BRENDA DENNEHY FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 10:02 GMT, 20 March 2022

She's making her way round the country on her first ever solo tour.

Yet Paris Jackson failed to draw in a crowd as she performed for roughly 30 concertgoers while opening for Patrick Droney's State of the Heart Tour at The Space in Las Vegas on Saturday.

Despite the dwindling crowds, the singer, 23, looked every inch the rock star as she put on an energetic display in Sin City.

Immagine

The daughter of the late Michael Jackson, 23, rocked a boho chic look in a crochet maxi dress and knitted cardigan while performing the forty minute grunge rock-style set.

She showed off her alternative sense of style as she wore a multitude of beaded bracelets and neck chokers and added some bling with a gold pendant necklace which brought attention to her chest tattoo.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 marzo 2022, 9:21

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 marzo 2022, 6:24

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... n-hug.html

Paris Jackson and her older brother Prince Jackson prove they are still very close as they hug after her Santa Barbara concert
By HEIDI PARKER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 21:59 GMT, 25 March 2022 |

Paris Jackson has stayed close to her family since her pop star father Michael Jackson tragically died in 2009.

And the 23-year-old singer proved that again on Thursday when she was seen hugging her older brother, 25-year-old Prince Jackson, in Santa Barbara, California.

The part-time model was in the coastal town to perform with her band at the Soho Restaurant and Music Club on trendy State Street.

Immagine

Paris released her debut album, Wilted, in late 2020 and has proven she's ready to carry on the Jackson family legacy.

Paris wore an off white and beige striped sweater that had holes on the front with ripped and acid washed jeans that had two scarves tucked into the back pocket.

The crooner also had on two beaded necklaces that created a Height-Ashbury boho feel with a brown backpack over her shoulder as she wore sunglasses atop her head.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... 2193515316

Immagine
Cool hippie chic: Paris wore an off white and beige striped sweater that had holes on the front with ripped and acid washed jeans that had two scarves tucked into the back pocket

The Beverly Hills native, whose mother is Debbie Rowe, wore her highlighted hair down and added neutral toned makeup with a silver nose ring adding sparkle.

The Space Between Them actress was also seen talking to a man with a beanie and a T-shirt on.

He had a thick mustache and big black earrings on as he carried an instrument on his back.

Paris was last seen opening for Patrick Droney's State of the Heart Tour at The Space in Las Vegas on Saturday.

The singer looked every inch the rock star as she put on an energetic display in Sin City.

The daughter of the late Michael Jackson, 23, rocked a boho chic look in a crochet maxi dress and knitted cardigan while performing the forty minute grunge rock-style set.

She showed off her alternative sense of style as she wore a multitude of beaded bracelets and neck chokers and added some bling with a gold pendant necklace which brought attention to her chest tattoo.

Despite revealing that she only learned to play her electric guitar a month ago - Paris oozed confidence in front of the crowd.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 28 marzo 2022, 21:09

Immagine

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 31 marzo 2022, 9:01

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 7 aprile 2022, 8:37

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 9 aprile 2022, 8:30

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 16 aprile 2022, 17:18

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 giugno 2022, 12:30

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 22 giugno 2022, 8:47

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 13 agosto 2022, 9:54

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 25 agosto 2022, 9:06

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 agosto 2022, 9:47

https://www.spin.com/featured/paris-jac ... n-her-own/
Immagine

“I don’t consider myself a singer,” says Paris Jackson. “I can carry a tune. I can sing in key…but there are people who are professional singers and they will blow your socks off. I don’t do stuff like that.”

“I can reach a register that is so high that it sounds like I’m whistling,” adds the L.A.-native. “but the only time I really use it is if I am singing along to a Van Halen song. I can scream like David Lee Roth, but it’s more of a party trick. That’s not how I express myself. I’m a songwriter more than anything else.”

It’s a hot, midsummer afternoon, and the 24-year-old musician, model and actress – the only daughter of the legendary Michael Jackson – is settled into an armchair in the lobby of a West Hollywood hotel. Jackson, whose layered blond hair is lightly streaked red, is wearing dark, loose clothing – an unbuttoned billowy burgundy blouse over a brown cropped tank top, and grey, three-quarter-length pants with a pair of sandals. Except for a touch of makeup on her striking green eyes, her face is otherwise bare. With Jackson’s acute sense of fashion, her Prada bag, John Lennon-style sunglasses, rings on almost every finger, nose piercings, plus a necklace, anklet, and toe ring, she looks every bit boho rock star chic.

Over the last several years, Jackson, who has been playing guitar since age 13, has been establishing a solid music career, which began with The Soundflowers, an indie folk duo with her then-boyfriend, Gabriel Glenn. The pair met at the famed Rainbow Bar & Grill on the Sunset Strip in 2018 and immediately began dating. Within a week they were living in Glenn’s van and making music together.

Immagine

In June 2020, they officially launched The Soundflowers with a self-titled EP and a six-part Facebook Watch docuseries, Unfiltered: Paris Jackson & Gabriel Glenn, providing an intimate view of the couple and their musical journey. With strife brewing in their relationship in the final episode, however, the pair broke up shortly thereafter, leaving Jackson heartbroken. “It was the deepest I’ve ever loved someone. It was the most intense that I’d felt so far, and the most intense betrayal that I’d felt so far and experienced...,” Jackson told Willow Smith on Red Table Talk last year.

Jackson is reticent about discussing her breakup at this point, preferring to speak, instead, through her art. Politely, she says answers to questions about her former relationship can be found in her music, which is where she turned, writing songs to channel her pain. The end of Jackson's relationship sparked the start of her solo musical path, and it didn't take long before she landed her first record deal, signing with Republic Records in fall 2020. From there, she wasted almost no time releasing her debut solo LP, Wilted, a melancholy, ethereal alt-folk concept record about love, heartbreak, grief, and rebirth.
Called “well-crafted indie pop” by Rolling Stone, Wilted reached #1 on the U.S. iTunes Alternative Albums chart. Lead single “Let Down” racked up 1.5 million streams within the first two weeks of its release and was accompanied by a gothic music video that was executive-produced by horror director Eli Roth and directed by Meredith Alloway.

The video opens with the sound of a heartbeat as Jackson wipes away blood streaming down from her eye. “Head hanging down / Shredded evening gown / Eyes painted black / A tragic paperback,” she sings plaintively, reflecting on a tragic romance. Wearing flowers in her hair and a Victorian gown, Jackson dances with her lover at a masquerade ball. As the night progresses, things take a dark turn, leaving her anguished and alone. “Let me down again / Break me, flush me down the drain / Let me down again,“ she sings, reuniting with her beloved for a final dance that turns fatal when he dips her, rips out her heart, and sets it down next to Jackson’s dead body lying on the floor.

Immagine

“She’s like, ‘Here’s my pain and struggle and what I’ve gone through and, boom, here are my songs.’ It’s all so personal and I respect and admire that,” says Manchester Orchestra singer/songwriter Andy Hull, one of Jackson’s songwriting heroes, who co-produced Wilted with his band’s lead guitarist, Robert McDowell. “I love anyone who is willing to let it out in the open, especially somebody like her who deserves as much privacy as she wants.”
Indeed, it’s a testament to Jackson’s strength of character that she writes unguardedly, with a down-to-earth quality that belies growing up in the spotlight. With raw, personal and earnest lyrics, Jackson articulates her pain and longing with rich metaphors and vivid imagery, effectively conveying the emotional trajectory of her broken heart, and expressed by her sweet, warm and soulful vocals.

“I want to be descriptive and poetic,” she says. “I like to go into deep detail and see what I can get out of it.” For years, Jackson kept her soul-baring songs to herself, afraid to reveal them publicly: “The songs I write are very vulnerable, and we can all be scared to be that level of vulnerable — not just with another person, which is already scary, but with a crowd of people, it’s pretty terrifying.”

It was even more terrifying for Jackson to conceive of releasing music while shouldering the weight of her father’s legacy. As she carves out her own musical path, she faces the understandable yet wholly unfair pressure, both from within and without, to live up to an impossible standard. The intensity ebbs and flows: “It depends on the day,” she says. “Some days I feel that pressure, and some days I feel…well, the music I make is completely different. I’m not making R&B and soul and funk.”

The media often calls Jackson “pop royalty,” but she is extremely talented in her own right. When reminded of the nepotistic title, she says, matter-of-factly, “I don’t use labels.”

Immagine

Jackson is quick to set straight her father’s title, though, when he is referred to as the “King of Pop.” “Pop, rock and soul. That is actually the full name that he was given,” she says. “When he was introduced [at the 1989 Soul Train Awards], it was Liz [Taylor]...she labeled him the ‘King of Pop, Rock and Soul.’ Everyone else decided to shorten it to ‘King of Pop,’ but it’s a lot more than that. He had Eddie Van Halen and Slash play on some of his [music] and Carlos Santana. That’s not necessarily pop. There’s nothing wrong with pop, but there are a lot more layers to it.”

There are also more layers to being the musician offspring of an icon beyond being planted in the obvious shadow. While most performers have the freedom to develop their skills in anonymity, Jackson was under the microscope right from the start.

“Those first couple of tours that you go on are where you put your hours in, you find your way, get comfortable and you learn how to handle mistakes,” she says. “Every artist that is going to go on tour and play has that experience but for me…those mistakes that everyone makes…mine will get magnified.”

Determined to keep building her chops, however, Jackson persevered. “I don’t see the point in doing the opposite,” she says resolutely.

In fact, almost every move Jackson makes becomes public fodder, generating headlines, speculation, and analysis — whether it’s dining at a restaurant with a friend, which sparks romance rumors, or commentary about the outfit she wore (a copper-colored minidress, fishnet stockings, and combat boots) during her recent performance on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.

For the most part, she takes it in stride, either ignoring the relentless scrutiny or taking to Twitter, where she confronts it directly or deflects it with a joke. Still, she limits the time she spends on social media, overall, to preserve her headspace.

It's a testament to Jackson’s resilience that she engages online and somehow still retains a healthy sense of humor. When she was 15, she took a two-year social media hiatus after being cyberbullied and repeatedly told to kill herself, leading to her widely documented suicide attempt in 2013.

It’s no secret that Jackson has endured more than her share of tragedy, trauma, loss, and pain. Her response to having been through so much adversity in her young life is, “Who hasn’t?”

Jackson was just 11 when her father died, suddenly, on June 25, 2009, less than three weeks before the start of his planned This Is It concert residency at London’s O2 Arena. Jackson’s face, which her father had always kept veiled or masked in public to preserve his children’s anonymity, was first seen by the world at large at the televised memorial service at Staples Center 12 days after Michael’s death.

With thousands in attendance and millions watching worldwide, she stood at the microphone, surrounded by the Jackson family. “Ever since I was born, Daddy has been the best father you could ever imagine,” Jackson said, before becoming too emotional to speak. “And I just want to say I love him so much,” she continued while crying, before burying her face in her aunt Janet Jackson’s arms.

Jackson’s mother, Debbie Rowe, a dermatology assistant who worked for Michael’s dermatologist, had already been divorced from Michael for just under 10 years when he died. Rowe married Michael in 1996 while she was pregnant with Jackson’s older brother, Prince. Nearly a year and a half later, on April 3, 1998, Paris was born. (Michael and his friend, Kathy Hilton, made a pact to give their respective daughters that name.) Among her friends, however, Jackson is known as “PK” derived from her full name, Paris-Michael Katherine Jackson.

Rowe and Michael were only married for three years, with Rowe relinquishing her share of custody of their children when they divorced. Jackson’s younger brother, Bigi, who was known for years as “Blanket,” was born via surrogacy in 2002. Jackson also considers 37-year-old Omer Bhatti, the son of Paris’ and Prince’s former nanny, Pia Bhatti, to be her brother.

As one would expect, Jackson grew up in a musical environment, immersed in her father’s records and the diverse mix of music he enjoyed, including Top 40 radio, Motown, funk, old-school rap, classical music, Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, movie soundtracks, and The Beatles. From a very young age, Jackson seemed to know she wanted to devote her life to music. In a touching interaction preserved on home video, recorded on Jackson’s fourth birthday, she told Michael that her birthday wish was to sing and dance just like him.

Immagine

Jackson says she saw the video again recently. Asked to describe how she felt as she watched it, she smiles sweetly, lowers her eyes, and tilts her chin downward. “I don’t know,” she says quietly. After a pause, she adds, “It was cute.”

Growing up with her father, Jackson, an avid reader of books and poetry when she was younger, was home-schooled. Lessons began at 9:00 am and finished at 3:00 pm, with a lunch break in-between. Though she was raised in the lap of luxury, Michael, who was a doting father, also didn’t want to spoil his children. They often earned toys by reading books and being tested on their content. Being a thoroughly engaged dad, Michael was watchful over his children’s diet, too, offering whole wheat and cane and brown sugar, rather than white flour and refined sugar.

Michael also traveled to many countries around the world with his children, introducing them to a variety of cultures and all walks of life. “I grew up on the road,” Jackson says. “We never really spent more than a year in one place.” She remembers Ireland particularly fondly due to its greenery. Ultimately, they returned to California where Michael spent his final days in rehearsals for This Is It.

Beyond the almost insurmountable burden of trying to adjust to the shocking loss of her father, there were other significant transitions in Jackson’s life following Michael’s death. At the outset, she and her siblings went to live with their grandmother, Katherine Jackson, who became their legal guardian. (Jackson’s cousin TJ became co-guardian in 2012 and years later was named sole guardian.)

What’s more, for the first time in her life, Jackson attended school (The Buckley School in Sherman Oaks), where she felt more connected to teachers than classmates. “I tried to adapt as best as I could and ended up just becoming friends with the teachers, probably because I had gotten used to being surrounded by adults while I was home-schooled,” she says. “I developed in a way where I could communicate more easily with an older crowd. That is what was comfortable because that’s what I knew.”

Still, having grown up without peers, spending all of her time with her father and brothers, entering this new world was a particularly difficult adjustment for Jackson — and it compounded her grief, anxiety, and depression in the wake of her father’s death. In Unfiltered: Paris Jackson & Gabriel Glenn, Jackson says she turned to comfort food at her grandmother's house, where there were no dietary restrictions, and started gaining weight. She also relays that after a cousin told her she was fat, she replaced food addiction with self-harm — cutting and burning herself. Significantly, the first song Jackson would ever perform live was Johnny Cash’s version of Nine Inch Nails’ “Hurt."

She also speaks candidly about past suicide attempts, which ultimately led to Child Protective Services threatening to take Jackson away in 2013, precipitating her nearly two-year stint at a behavior modification boarding school in Utah. At about the same time, she reconnected with her mother, a relationship that has remained, but a subject Jackson is reluctant to discuss. When she returned to Los Angeles from Utah, she finished high school before completing one semester at a community college.

Jackson posted about her experience at behavior modification school on her Instastory two years ago, revealing that it left her and some of her classmates with PTSD, nightmares, and trust issues. Last year, she also disclosed on Red Table Talk that she has PTSD from being stepped on as a little girl amid swarms of paparazzi chasing her superstar father. She is triggered by the sound of rustling trash bags, has auditory hallucinations of camera clicks, paranoia, and has experienced panic attacks at public events.

In May, Jackson removed herself from an imposing crowd after she attended the opening of the Hard Rock Hotel New York in Times Square. Explaining that she felt unsafe, she posted to Twitter: “if i’m not feeling safe because i’m being chased in heels in the middle of time (sic) square for several blocks, and i have to remove myself, i will. and i’m sorry if that makes you guys feel like i don’t care about you. i do. i really do. but i also care about my safety.”

And then there’s music – the one place Jackson has always felt safe. During her darkest moments, she has sought refuge in her favorite bands — including Manchester Orchestra, Radiohead, and Bright Eyes, all of whom are commemorated among the approximately 90 tattoos Jackson has been accumulating since her teens, with several honoring her father, including Michael's Dangerous album cover art inked on her arm.

Since music has always been a life raft for Jackson, it's especially important to her to help others with her songs. She’s often overcome with emotion when fans share the comfort they derive from that connection: “My heart chakra always opens up when I listen to your music. Thank you for that healing,” commented one of Jackson’s Instagram followers, while another fan posted “Your voice is a cure.”

“There are no words to describe how that makes me feel,” Jackson says. “If I had to pick some words: full, complete, and purposeful.”

It’s no surprise her music is so relatable, given the authenticity of her writing process. She sits down with her acoustic guitar only when she’s genuinely inspired: “I’ve tried to sit down and force myself to write, and nothing good comes of it.”

That Jackson stays true to her muse is equally apparent in her evolution as an artist. Just months after releasing a sorrowful three-song EP, The Lost (upon which she collaborated with Ohio-based folk trio Caamp), in February, Jackson leaned into the ‘90s guitar rock she fell in love with in junior high school, pivoting sharply with edgy, grunge-rocker “Lighthouse,” featuring Pearl Jam guitarist Mike McCready and a music video that pays homage to Nirvana’s clip for “Sliver.”

“I’m the flask in your pocket on a rainy day / And she’s the one that you share it with on the train,” Jackson sings, before infusing her vocals with a punchy snarl amid crunchy, rhythmic electric guitars and a steady, driving drumbeat. “And you burn your throat / Intoxicated on what could have been our love,” she continues. When she reaches the chorus, Jackson's pleading vocals soar above swirling guitars: “I can feel the lights go low / But I don't wanna let go now / Maybe if I turn around, you'll see me / And what you used to be.”

“Paris had songs that needed to roar,” says the Grammy-nominated Butch Walker, who produced, co-wrote, and played guitar on “Lighthouse,” along with several other tracks that are still to be released.

Jackson was a long-time fan of Walker’s ‘90s band, Marvelous 3, before the pair became friends six years ago, making him the ideal producer to help execute her vision of blending folk music with ‘90s guitar rock. “It was my back pocket, for sure, so that combination was easy and effortless,” Walker says. “She would reference certain things for certain songs, like everyone does in the studio, and I was completely on board with all of those references and influences – everyone from my band to The Smashing Pumpkins, The Cranberries, Foo Fighters, and Nirvana. I came up on all of those things, so it wasn’t really far from my trajectory to know how to record records like that.”

Beyond louder guitars, Jackson has been letting loose with her vocals, adding more volume and a brasher attitude. “Learning how to project and yell is why I’m doing this,” she says. “I’ve learned how to have fun with my voice and to stop trying to sound pretty, and just make the loud noises I want to make.”

“She’s great at producing herself vocally and being like, ‘I need to hit that again and I need to hit it harder.’ Sometimes she’d re-sing entire songs because as we went along she’d discover a side of her voice that she hadn’t used before,” Walker says, noting Jackson’s strong work ethic. “She’s there for every bit of it until I say, ‘I’m good. You can split.’”

“It’s mainly because I care,” Jackson says. “When we care about something, it’s very easy to be motivated.”

In the meantime, as Jackson continues to write songs about her breakup, she notes that her somber lyrics don’t reflect her current state. “I’m the happiest and healthiest I’ve been,” she says, “and my songs have gotten so much darker in the last year.”

Jackson isn’t sure why her lyrics have become heavier, although it appears her sunnier disposition is somewhat due to changes in her lifestyle. She replaced her “very nocturnal” regimen with a daytime-oriented routine, giving her more time to get things done and to indulge new hobbies, like rock climbing at a local gym.
It’s modeling, however, that Jackson considers to be her occupation. She has graced the cover of Vogue; she walked the runway at famed French fashion designer Jean Paul Gaultier’s final show; and, recently, she appeared in SKIMS and KVD Beauty campaigns.

While she appreciates fashion both as an art form and as self-expression, that wasn’t always the case. Jackson — an ambassador for the Elizabeth Taylor (Jackson’s godmother) AIDS Foundation and the Heal Los Angeles Foundation (founded by her brother Prince) — initially began modeling to grow her platform and draw more attention to her activism.

Onstage at the 2017 Grammy Awards, she voiced her support for protesters of the Dakota Access pipeline and, later that year, vehemently denounced the violence and racial injustice in Charlottesville before presenting an award at the MTV VMAs. On July 4, she posted a video of herself to social media: “Happy national genocide day, everybody – a.k.a. Independence Day,” Jackson says. “Certainly not the independence of any Indigenous peoples or anyone with a uterus for that matter…shout out to the Supreme Court,” she adds, before encouraging everyone to be safe.

As is par for her course, sometimes Jackson’s activism receives opposition, even when she advocates for peace. “I was on the front lines when I was protesting during the BLM protests,” she says. “I was face to face with some of the cops, and I felt the heat from some of the cars on fire, and I got pushback for being like, ‘Hey, maybe peaceful protest is the way.’”

“No matter what I do – I can go left, I can go right – someone’s going to be upset,” she continues. “So I might as well be myself and not cause harm and I’ll be alright. That’s how I look at it.”

In general, Jackson’s ethos revolves around a spirituality rooted in kindness, gratitude, and oneness. “I think we’re all connected to everything always,”she says. “There’s a oneness that exists, and we can either decide to pay attention to it or not, but we’re all connected to everything around us.” A photo posted to Jackson's Instagram account shows a set of mirrors behind her bed that are shaped like the various phases of the moon, and she delights in communing with nature, camping as much as possible before summer winds down.
In the fall, Jackson will release her next single, “Just You” (produced by Walker), before she hits the road in November, filling the opening slot on a tour with New Orleans-based alternative roots-rockers The Revivalists. Jackson loves being on the road and says she is well-suited to living out of a suitcase because of her peripatetic upbringing.

The idea of performing in front of bigger audiences at 2,000-plus capacity venues is as thrilling as it is nerve-racking, but Jackson reasons that it is an inevitable part of her learning curve. “You get more skilled, but the challenges get harder as you level up,” she says, drawing an analogy to the Super Mario Bros. video game.

To date, she has done one solo tour, opening for Patrick Droney, which followed several performances at SXSW Music Festival in March. Jackson also played an afternoon set on Memorial Day weekend at Boston Calling Music Festival, where she played in front of 1,000 people — her biggest audience yet. Later that day, she joined Cheap Trick onstage for “Surrender.” “I had so much fun doing it, but I was so nervous,” she says.

To bolster her confidence, Jackson leans on her backing band (guitarist Michael O’Grady, bassist Nick Diiorio, and drummer Anthony Nino Salazar), whom she says she trusts with her life. “They are some of my best friends," she says. "Really incredible human beings and also really incredible and extremely talented musicians.”

For good measure, Jackson also keeps a small silver wreath attached to her guitar strap – a nod to Bright Eyes lyrics, which she recites: “She took a small silver wreath and pinned it onto me / She said, ‘This one will bring you love’ / And I don't know if it's true but I keep it for good luck.”

As for the future, Jackson says she’s not thinking too far ahead. Instead, she’s taking everything day by day and allowing her artistic journey to unfold organically. “Right now, I’m really enjoying making what I’m making,” she says.

Jackson paved the way for her solo career with a broken romance, but her unbreakable relationship with music gives her a singular, steadfast purpose. “Music is who I am,” she says. “I don’t know if I can pinpoint a main drive. It’s like, what’s a dolphin’s main drive for swimming? It’s what they do. It’s who they are."

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 9 settembre 2022, 9:15

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 settembre 2022, 20:58

harvey.foundation His desire was to meet the man that loved his father (MichaelJackson). Our Executive Director @iamsharonpage made his dream come true. Thank you @princejackson for your kind words. Your support truly means a lot! We look forward to working with you and your non profit #HealLA. We are sure your father is smiling down on you. Welcome to the family! Thank you ! Thank You! Thank You!

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 settembre 2022, 10:13

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 25 settembre 2022, 9:49

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 settembre 2022, 9:09

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 1 ottobre 2022, 7:36

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... -show.html

Paris Jackson shows a glimpse of her tattooed midriff in a keyhole jumper while Kiernan Shipka wows in a black mini dress as they lead the stars at the Giambattista Valli PFW show
By NIOMI HARRIS FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 15:44 BST, 30 September 2022

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 12 ottobre 2022, 22:11

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... stier.html

Paris Jackson shows off her very toned tummy in a cropped bustier at a Hummer EV event... after posing with her aunt Janet Jackson
By HEIDI PARKER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 16:16 BST, 12 October 2022

Paris Jackson proved on Tuesday that she has stayed in top shape.

The 24-year-old daughter of Michael Jackson flashed her flat and toned tummy when in a crop top and slacks at the GMC Hummer EV event in Los Angeles called Like Nothing Else.

Also at the party were Karl-Anthony Towns, Jordyn Woods, Teyana Taylor, Daphne Guinness, LL Cool J, Devon Carlson, D-Nice, Roddy Rich, Ty Dolla $ign, Babyface Ray, and Craig Robinson.

Immagine
Immagine
Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 19 ottobre 2022, 9:30

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 3 novembre 2022, 8:23

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 1 febbraio 2023, 10:18

https://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/ ... ce=twitter

Paris Jackson Looked Beyond Bewitching In a Slinky, Backless Slip During a Rare Red Carpet Appearance

by GIOVANA GELHOREN

Plus Icon

JANUARY 31, 2023

Immagine
If there’s one thing we know about Paris Jackson it’s that she knows how to rock a red carpet. From her perfectly wavy dirty blonde hair to her mile-long legs, Michael Jackson’s middle child is and will always be one to look out for in the red carpet.

On Monday Jan 30, Paris continued her fashionable streak in a chic brown slip dress from SER.O.YA as she attended the premiere of Pamela Anderson‘s new Netflix series Pamela: A Love Story (shop the dress HERE!). The dress, which was totally backless, also included a high-slit on the side and a draped cowel neckline.

The singer then paired the stunning dress with Stuart Weitzman shoes (available HERE!), a leopard-print Dior bag, and jewelry from a variety of brands like Dior, Bulgari, and Cartier. As for her glam, Paris rocked an Anderson-inspired messy bun and glowy makeup with a dark red lip.

Immagine

Paris Jackson attends the Premiere of Netflix’s “Pamela, a love story” at TUDUM Theater on January 30, 2023 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic)
FilmMagic

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 14 febbraio 2023, 7:50

TJ Jackson
@tjjackson

Happy birthday to this beautiful soul. Prince you truly embody a humble man with a heart of gold. Continue to grow and continue to learn and always remember I’ll be right behind you supporting you. I love you more than you know. Happy birthday
@princemjjjaxon

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 15 febbraio 2023, 10:24

Grandma 🇳🇱
@HollandGrandma

Never seen before pictures of Prince Jackson, posted by Rushka Bergman on IG for his birthday

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Rispondi