Honour MJ Campaign

Michael Jackson's news in English. Your updated reference for Michael Jackson's news in English language from all around the world. Rumors, gossip and true facts. And a lot of Michael Jackson's beautiful pictures.
Rispondi
soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Re: Honour MJ Campaign

Messaggio da soulmum » 7 gennaio 2023, 9:21

Keen Zhang
@mkgenie

A tribute exhibition for #MichaelJackson will be held in Suzhou, China on Jan. 11, 2023. This is one of the exhibits— their replica of MJ and 2040 space shuttle.

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 11 gennaio 2023, 7:48

"They snubbed one of the greatest pop vocalists Celine Dion, and they have Michael Jackson at #86 - It's no wonder I DON'T READ Rolling Stone anymore."

John Branca DRAGGING (T)rolling Stone

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 18 gennaio 2023, 8:29

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 30 gennaio 2023, 9:22

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 31 gennaio 2023, 7:57

"We met many times around the world. I met him once in South Africa, and we were sitting in this spacious place. He happened to be there and I happened to be there, and after we started talking we chatted about three hours. And he had a list of books lined up all along the floor. And I looked over and just said, „Mike, people are sending you stuff like that? And he said, „no, that's what I read.“ I mean he had everything, from the autobiography from Malcolm X, to Eat To Live, (Jiddu) Krishnamurty.... I mean, like these exotic books that you would never imagine Michael was down with. And we sat there for three hours man, choppin' it up about all of this, from metaphysics to psychology, about how the black man is treated … I'm telling you, it was a trip. People don't know about Mike on the real. Mike had a consciousness that could blow your mind. And he could recite things that would blow your mind as well... like the street corner stuff, straight up. - Wesley Snipes

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 1 febbraio 2023, 10:26

Today in 1993, Michael Jackson was the first artist to perform at the Super Bowl.
His performance not only set a record at the time with 130 million viewers, it also inspired the momentum of popular artists to follow the blueprint MJ laid out for them.

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 5 febbraio 2023, 9:41

Leaving Neverland Facts Retweeted
King Of Pop On Spotify
@MJJSpotify2015

BREAKING! "Thriller" and "Thriller" (Long Version) have entered US 🇺🇸 ITunes Music Videos Charts For Feb 4, 2023. He's unstoppable!!!

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 febbraio 2023, 10:14

Constantinos Isaias
@IsaiasThoughts
“Rarely has the world received a gift with the magnitude of artistry. talent, and vision as Michael Jackson. He was a true musical icon whose identifiable voice, innovative dance moves, stunning musical versatility, and sheer star power carried him from childhood to worldwide acclaim.”

Neil Portnow
President of The Recording Academy

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 17 febbraio 2023, 9:47

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 18 febbraio 2023, 10:02

“Michael was an angel that fell to earth who tried his best to fit in with the life that was presented to him. The Michael I knew and will always remember was a wonderful person with a beautiful personality and the biggest heart.”

Lionel Ritchie (
@LionelRichie
)

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 28 febbraio 2023, 8:10

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 1 marzo 2023, 7:46

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 2 marzo 2023, 9:46

Ryan Smith
@Smitherhands

As far as Michael Jackson was concerned, he had two mothers.
When Michael and his brothers were on tour, they lacked Katherine’s presence, so the role of mother was assigned to a lady called Rose Fine, the boys’ tutor.
Immagine

Aside from teaching Michael and the brothers their lessons in subjects such as English and Maths, she also helped teach him the most valuable lesson: love.
Love for everyone, no matter their blood, race, creed or colour.
This would go on to shape him massively

Immagine

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 9 marzo 2023, 8:13

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 17 marzo 2023, 9:50

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 21 marzo 2023, 8:20

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 23 marzo 2023, 12:32

.In 1987, country singer Kenny Rogers (R.I.P.) launched a book of photographs he had taken of some of his famous friends, entitled "Your Friends and Mine".
Rogers tells the story of the idea behind the creation and publication of the book. In one of the photos, Michael, dressed informally in worn-out jeans and a simple shirt, poses with Bubbles in his arms.
Below is the introductory excerpt from the book about how Rogers met Michael and his pleasant impression of the star he would call a "friend: "The first person I photographed for the book was Michael Jackson. In 1986, I hosted the Grammy Awards television broadcast in Los Angeles.
That night, my son Christopher met Michael backstage. Christopher had always loved Michael. He even dressed like him at home ... As it happened, Marianne, [Roger's wife] sent me some flowers with a little Grammy attached. Unbeknownst to me and no one else, Christopher took the plastic Grammy, walked into Michael Jackson's press conference and handed it to him.
The next day, Michael called to tell Christopher how much he appreciated it. He also invited him to his house to see his animals, so Marianne and Christopher went to Encino. Michael knew I was a photographer, and he mentioned that he would like me to take a picture of him and Christopher together. I called Michael the next day to make an appointment, and he agreed to come to my studio. I told Michael during our first session that I was thinking of doing a portrait book and calling it "Your Friends and Mine". I had heard about his chimp Bubbles and we took some pictures with the chimp, later Michael and I did a session alone, at his request. That was the beginning. Michael Jackson's acceptance of being part of the book was, in fact, the starting point for the whole project.
Michael Jackson is unique, both as an individual and as a performer. However, although I had been close to him many times, I honestly never felt I knew him until we spent a day together in the photo studio. As I explained earlier, Michael had invited Christopher, my youngest son, to his house to see his zoo.
They had such a good time that Michael, hearing that I was a photographer, suggested that I take a picture of him and Christopher in my studio. I told him my ideas for this book and asked him to bring his chimp, Bubbles.
There were perhaps twenty-five people in the studio that day, and the chimp was the center of attention. That meant that Michael was out of focus, and I think the relative anonymity gave him a chance to relax. And Bubbles was so human, it was almost scary. He would take Christopher by the hand, go to the fridge and open it, take out a banana and give it to him. Christopher was amazed, we all were.
The session was the first time I had a chance to be one-on-one with Michael. It means a lot to me to be able to say that not only do I love his music, but I also really like him as a person and consider him a friend." #KennyRogers
( #MichaelJackson with Bubbles photoshoot by Kenny Rogers and second picture at the Grammys 1986 with Christopher Rogers )

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 25 marzo 2023, 8:44

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 26 marzo 2023, 9:53

Howard Bloom on MJ: "It seems strange to say this, but Michael will always be a part of me. No other superstar I worked with wound himself into the threads at my core the way he did. Michael opened a window to a quality of wonder unlike anything I’d ever been exposed to in my life. For that gift, I felt I owed him. I felt we all owed him. And we still do. We owe him an honest view of who he was. We will owe him that until we finally sweep away the crap of sensationalist headlines and clearly see why those who love him know more about him than any expert or journalist who claims to have probed his life. Those journalists and experts do not know Michael Jackson. But if you love him, there’s a good chance that you do."

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 4 aprile 2023, 7:23

“Michael’s death was devastating for me...He’s such an inspiration and remarkable human being...I never didn’t love him. Through all of the media drama and the nonsense, I never didn’t love Michael." Lady Gaga

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 24 aprile 2023, 9:18

THANK YOU to those fans who worked SO HARD to get to one billion views for TDCAU Brazil. There is no better feeling than getting milestones accomplished for Michael. Maybe now more people will join in, in helping getting more to a billion views, instead of promoting only at the last minute. Congratulations to Michael, congratulations to his fans. #1Billion4TDCAUBrazil

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 29 aprile 2023, 17:27

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 2 maggio 2023, 7:19

..Dear friends #MichaelJackson. We were friends since he visited me in our mountain hut in Sulden in 2001. A sensitive genius of the century who lived in his own world !
I asked him for a song, but he wanted to protect his voice. He asked me if I could sing a German song for him. Me??? It was very strange. But he kept insisting. I had to sing Lili Marleen and Sag mir, wo die Blumen sind again and again. Two anti-war songs. With guitar.
JT sings for MJ. There's nothing more absurd.
Until today I keep thinking about the pillow fights with Michael, Valerie and Françoise at 5 a.m. Michael could not sleep. I think about our meditations together. We had the same mantra. About our Spagetti with Langustinos whose eyes he covered with a serviette because they made him sad.
I remember a phone call with my children who were in London at the time and did not know anything about the secret visit of Michael in Sulden. Michael had a long conversation with Freddy about God and the world. Freddy stayed cool. It could not disturb his calmness that he was on the phone with a world superstar.
Michael called Nathalie, my youngest daughter. But she only laughed at him: "If you are Michael Jackson then I am the Pope." - she said and hung up. Michael came back from the call with Nathalie totally unsettled.
We talked a lot about wars which he despised. When he was about to be awarded with a Bambi award in Berlin in the fall of 2002 he was to have a speech. I asked him to say something about the upcoming Iraq war. A big part of the US troops were already in Kuwait. Michael stared at me long and said: "You know that will bring me a lot of flak in the US." I nodded my head. I knew too well.
At night at the award ceremony in front of millions of TV viewers Michael said in his speech:
"We are German, French, Italian, Russian, African, Asian, so many nationalities. We are Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus. We are black, we are white. We are a big community with so many differences. So complex yet so simple. WE DO NOT NEED WAR!"
Michael, you were a wonderful human being and a one of a kind artist. That is why you were so much hunted like a wounded deer. Destroying the winners is the favourite game of our world.
We will never forget you. I keep listening to your songs. My favourites are Earth Song and We Are The World. For millions of people you will never die. Thank you, Michael !"
#JürgenTodenhöfer, German politician and anti-war activist

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 10 maggio 2023, 10:07

Immagine

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 11 maggio 2023, 11:50

"Michael always called me into his very warm room because he loved the heat. He did not like the sun because of his skin. But he loved his room so hot you could not breathe. And he had the heater on the other side and then a heater in front of him and a humidifier, blowing ... because he loved steam, which moistened his voice. So, I'm sitting in this kind room ... pulling off my jacket ... it's really hot in here.
But to give you the best description of Michael, he was a ”warm” affectionate man, and when you were behind closed doors, he talked about things you could never have imagined. About his life as a youth, his life with the friends he had and how everything that came into his life, like sound engineer Bruce Swedien ... we all became friends to the point that we all had our own nickname for him.
I gave him the nickname ‘ Midas the King’ but when we talked, I called him Michael because it was only out of respect. Michael means "a reflection of God" and I always thought we should call people by the name that God gave them.
Teddy Riley, Producer and American musician who worked with Michael Jackson

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 14 maggio 2023, 10:04

https://www.vibe.com/news/entertainment ... 234756445/

Smokey Robinson On Meeting Michael Jackson For First Time: His Life Was “Paradoxical”
Robinson also spoke about the time when Jackson and two other music legends took the stage.

BY AMBER CORRINE
MAY 12, 2023 2:56PM
Music legend Smokey Robinson recently visited SiriusXM’s The Groove podcast with Jeff Foxx and revealed the mesmerizing time he met Michael Jackson. The “Tears of a Clown” crooner also shared how it was to watch his musical peers embrace him at such a young age while at Motown.

“His life was so paradoxical to me because when he was a little boy, he was a man, and when he was a man, he was a little boy,” Robinson told Foxx. “You know, but the first time I saw Michael, he was 10 years old. They [Jackson 5] actually came to Barry’s house to audition and I just called him my said, ‘You are actually, James Wilson,’ ’cause he was a cross between James Brown and Jackie Wilson. He’s 10 years old. He’s just a little bundle of talent, you know.”
Robinson also deemed the Thriller legend the “best [he’s] ever seen” and an “incredible” act.
“He could sing and dance, and when you see him doing those dances and stuff that you would think he’s dancing with all those professional dancers,” he noted of Jackson. “Kids who had been dancing since they were five years old, fit right on in … made up some of those routines and stuff. That’s who he was.”

Immagine

Jackson would make the “moonwalk” his signature move and go on to do more iconic things in his career like the historic Thriller album accompanied with an unforgettable visual.

“The first movie video that he did, ‘Thriller,’ — he’s out, he’s dancing with all these professional dancers. He’s dancing. He was just amazing — well, Michael was a genius man,” the 83-year-old singer said. “Michael was a little guy, when we were doing the shows and stuff like that, Michael would change his films. He would watch everybody on the show. Everybody.”

“He’d stand in the wing and just watch, you know, and he’d shoot, you know, and he’d watched all the dancers. He watched Fred Astaire, Jackie Wilson, James Brown,” he added.

When recalling the time when Jackson, Prince, and Brown took the stage together, Robinson shared that the King of Pop was “conscientious about being Michael Jackson.”

“One of the greatest things I think I’ve ever seen was, one day — I wish I had this I don’t know even where to get it — but somebody was doing a special on James Brown, who was dynamic. James was the man, right?” he started. “So James, Michael was in the audience. He calls Michael up. He and Michael are doing his dance and [here] comes Prince. That must have been three of them.”

“But Michael was that man. He just, he just was conscientious about being Michael Jackson.”

https://youtu.be/Yy9L4ft7EGk

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 20 maggio 2023, 10:56

#BlackHistory....How #MichaelJackson spent over $47m to put a smile on Little Richard’s face...In 1984, the late Richard Wayne Penniman, famously known as Little Richard, sued Specialty Records, a record label he had worked with, for what he believed was an amount of $112 million owed to him.
Penniman had left the label in 1959 under very acrimonious circumstances. The eccentric rock-n-roll singer and performer fell out with Art Rupe, the boss at Specialty and the man who was also responsible for Penniman’s biggest payday at that time.
Rupe in 1955, bought Tutti Frutti, a song written by Penniman and Dorothy LaBostrie. Rupe paid just $50 to own the rights to the song and that turned out to be an outrageously rewarding maneuver by the record executive.
Tutti Frutti was considered an artistic hit but more importantly, a commercial one too. But Penniman did not stand to gain, much thanks to the conditions under which he had signed away his rights to the song.
Little Richard would later say about that episode in his life: “I was a dumb black kid and my mama had 12 kids and my daddy was dead. I wanted to help them, so I took whatever was offered.”
What was offered was half a cent for every record of Tutti Frutti sold. When Specialty sold 500,000 records, they reportedly gave a check of just $25,000 to Penniman.
Little Richard would go on after 1955 to write other songs for Specialty until he decided he had enough. When Penniman decided to leave his record label, Michael Joseph Jackson, the eighth child of Joe and Katherine Jackson, was just a year old.
At an early age, Michael Jackson was initiated into the only art his parents knew – music. In 1964, while just 6, Michael and big brother Marlon were added to bigger brothers Jackie, Tito and Jermaine in a group Daddy Jackson had named the Jackson Brothers.
Michael and Marlon were only supporting instrumentalists, playing the tambourine and congas. After Michael and Jermaine had assumed the lead vocalists roles, the group was re-christened Jackson 5.
Thanks to consistent hits and winning talent shows, the group overgrew the limelight in Indiana by 1968. By 1970, they had a national chart topping song, I Want You Back, which peaked at number 1 on the US Billboard Hot 100 for a month.
By the mid-1970s, the group, now known as The Jacksons, were described as having “crossover appeal” with faithful fan bases among white and black America. But through it all, it was apparent to both the group and their audience that Michael was the most talented.
Like a bird destined for the skies, Michael had to leave his family’s singing troupe. In 1983, he had the best-selling album in the world and till date Thriller maintains the singular honor as the most-bought studio album in recorded history.
With fame and fortune came a certain class of friends for Michael Jackson, one of whom was none other than Paul McCartney of The Beatles. But in that same time, Jackson could now rub shoulders with Little Richard, a man the former considered the founder of rock-n-roll.
McCartney would later go on record to say that one of the conversations he had with Jackson after Thriller came out was how a musician could actually make a lot of money. What Jackson did not know was that a stake or complete ownership of the publishing rights to a catalog of songs was the real goldmine.
McCartney and fellow Beatle John Lennon had set up Northern Songs in the 1960s as a company vested with overseeing their interests in the songs they had written for the group. But McCartney later lost his stake in Northern Songs.
Incidentally, Specialty Records which owned Little Richard’s songs were subsumed by ATV Music, the very same music publishing company that took over Northern Songs.
It is not clear if McCartney urged Jackson to buy a controlling stake in ATV but that is exactly what Jackson did with about $47.5 million in 1985. It is also not known if Jackson knew ATV owned the rights to Little Richard’s songs.
But in 1986, Jackson returned the rights of Little Richard’s songs to the rock-n–roll legend. From these rights, Penniman had a way to cash out on his creative ingenuity for many years until his death last week. Rest In Peace.
( Source : Face2FaceAfrica / NII NTREH )

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 7 giugno 2023, 8:53

"I remember very well the day this photo was taken. Just arrived from Paris with high couture clothes by John Galliano, Givenchy by Riccardo Tischi and Balmain by Christophe Decarnin. We were waiting for the creative team to arrive at the meeting and Michael asked if I could dance... I told Michael I'm so sorry i cant dance, idk how to momwalk or walk like a robot. Michael laughed very softly and whispered in my ear you forgot I'm Michael Jackson, I can take you to your dance floor at home and just dance a classical waltz. Can you imagine dancing a classical waltz with Michael Jackson... Wow! It was a magical and beautiful day I will never forget. No words can say how much I miss you Michael and how much I love you. You will be so proud today to see your incredibly beautiful talented children - your super model, your divine beauty daughter Princess Paris, the handsome Prince and the adorable Blanket. My forever and ever! "
Rushka Bergman on Instagram, 2018

soulmum
Utente certificato
Utente certificato

Messaggio da soulmum » 11 giugno 2023, 8:55

Justice for The Falsely Accused
@JuliaBerkowitz1

Here's a great article written by Gene Kelly's widow that highlights the difference between inspiration and and appropriation. She brings up MJ as an example of how good inspiration works.

https://huffpost.com/entry/stealing-fro ... _hp_ref=tw

Immagine
Immagine

Rispondi